Type keyword(s) to search

Current Team Updates and Social Media

charappleby
  • Start Topic

On 3/5/2020 at 11:24 AM, madmax84 said:

Oh I could so do without those faces Maddie was making in Jen Colvin's video. Who told her they were cute? I just wanna talk...

The point really isn’t to be cute, or gangsta or whatever else people are saying. It’s an aggressive song, there’s a curse word in the title for Pete’s sake, so getting aggressive in her style and her facials is 100% warranted. Aggression is also part of krumping, which is the style she was referencing during the part where she starts mean-mugging. She probably learned it in a studio so it’s a more sanitized version, but it’s pretty clear that’s what she’s going for.

Re: vets we’d like to see cut, I’ll second the call for Meredith and Kat, and that’s coming from someone who rooted for Kat during the show. Also not a huge Lily or Savannah fan, but could see them staying or going. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I saw amber the other day on her ig story she was filming her solo 

Can’t wait to see this as she’s usually one of the best dancers they have.  Her piece should be amazing.

3 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Legit cannot wait for this one. She'll show up so many others with her technique, grace and power.

She’d better watch herself then.  Not only will she be showing up a lot of the girls on the squad, she’ll be showing up a certain blond legacy and we all know that certain people can’t have that.

3 hours ago, Holly85 said:

It’s a lyrical piece 

Which is probably making that same blond legacy even more nervous.  After all, she’s supposed to be the best lyrical performer on the team with leaps and turns to match.  She’s also so light on her feet.  (For clarity sake, heavy sarcasm and snark in use).  Amber is going to make her look even weaker than she already is.

• Love 10
On 3/7/2020 at 4:05 PM, Pau84 said:

I seem to have Amy-fatigue because I cannot stand to see her anymore. I think she is a great person and all, but I can’t stop thinking: can’t she just leave already?

The past 5 years she did not stand out, and when she tried out for the first time I barely took notice. Amy Trader, Megan Carcioppollo and Holly Powell were the rookies that stood out. They should have been point in these past years. There have been DCC’s that were much much much better than Amy, in any department, and that did not make point, and here she is, just point by default, still dancing point, in the front.

I definitely have Amy-fatigue.

Preach!!

• Love 6
On 3/4/2020 at 5:21 PM, scorpio1031 said:

A few days on and I'm still obsessed with this video. It was so great to see super small groups so others could shine. Stand-outs to me were Chandi, Hannah, Cianna, Taylor J, Bridget and Amanda in this style.

Lily and Meredith looked a little out of their comfort zone and Rachel W didn't look like she was having that much fun. It definitely wasn't Heather's style either. However, nobody looked really bad, which means at least they're trying!

I love to see them trying new styles. I'm surprised this wasn't too sexy for America's Sweethearts though. 

• Love 11
(edited)
10 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

If Amy is retiring, why do we still have to be subjected to her?  I'm just so not a fan of hers.  This was also a very boring piece...but none of them have been great so I guess it's just par for course. 

Amy does not have the look. She’s just not pretty on camera. I am sure in person she likely looks great. That dance and the song were meh. The shirts around the waist were also goofy looking. 

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, PepperM said:

The point really isn’t to be cute, or gangsta or whatever else people are saying. It’s an aggressive song, there’s a curse word in the title for Pete’s sake, so getting aggressive in her style and her facials is 100% warranted. Aggression is also part of krumping, which is the style she was referencing during the part where she starts mean-mugging. She probably learned it in a studio so it’s a more sanitized version, but it’s pretty clear that’s what she’s going for.

Re: vets we’d like to see cut, I’ll second the call for Meredith and Kat, and that’s coming from someone who rooted for Kat during the show. Also not a huge Lily or Savannah fan, but could see them staying or going. 

In the beginning I experienced 'kat overload', but she is a pretty girl... nothing against meredith, but omg come on, no TCC would've EVER been allowed so many mistakes, memory issues,whining,&Kat Dunn level crying x2,etc.)for the duration of the ENTIRE training camp as meredith was, (well minus VK, duh), IDK abt all about these conspiracy theories that float about(family ties to the Jones',etc.&---p.s. I don't necessarily doubt) But definitely there's a reason WHY she was kept other than JUST Kelly's fave IMO)..thoughts anyone as to why meredith has been around so long??? (To each their own,&some may like her alot&that's ok) but something tells me their is sthn weird in Kansas -(a.k a. DFW area) Lol! Maybe one day the mystery will be solved (that is IF there is one)  🙂

Edited by dccstar7
Typo error
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Love Maddie's hair in this !!! Her dance...not so much.  You want to see a cool dancer in water? Then watch Moose aka Adam Sevani in the Step Up movies....2 and 3.  He has water dances in both!  If you're going to dance in water...then get yourself wet...not just your shoes and the hem of your jeans 😉 (and for the record...I like Maddie).

https://images.app.goo.gl/i6ZZidp4g2YvVZDq8

image.png

image.png

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 8
On 3/9/2020 at 1:01 AM, Holly85 said:

Never seen one of these shots of Amy’s group I’ve seen this one of Amy’s 

46568142-3BD5-452C-A32C-6FABBC3AB6E4.jpeg

Can someone pls post the 4 group pics and/or point me in the general direction of a previous post of them? Thanks.

1 hour ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Can someone pls post the 4 group pics and/or point me in the general direction of a previous post of them? Thanks.

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, go4luca said:

4 hours ago, Holly85 said:

F4CA3EF1-C9DF-4FCF-B0D4-1A914B32395F.jpeg

On 3/9/2020 at 1:01 AM, Holly85 said:

Never seen one of these shots of Amy’s group I’ve seen this one of Amy’s 

46568142-3BD5-452C-A32C-6FABBC3AB6E4.jpeg

Thanks for posting these.  Can someone tell me which group is who? Thanks.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Holly85 said:

F4CA3EF1-C9DF-4FCF-B0D4-1A914B32395F.jpeg

All I see when I look at this picture is that Gina is using her anorexic filter again ... she is so pretty why does she do that ????

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, H3705 said:

All I see when I look at this picture is that Gina is using her anorexic filter again ... she is so pretty why does she do that ????

I was about to ask the same thing! It looks frightening. No need for her to do that.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ATLGirl said:

I was about to ask the same thing! It looks frightening. No need for her to do that.

Tess looks a little out of proportion as well.  Teeny tiny bodies with visible ribs, and large sleeves, boobs, and hair.

24 minutes ago, Blue hues said:

Tess looks a little out of proportion as well.  Teeny tiny bodies with visible ribs, and large sleeves, boobs, and hair.

I think if you stare at any of those pictures long enough you notice all of the things that make them look "off".  aka the scrunching down unnecessarily, the same color and hair styles,  the crossing of the legs (universal sign for I gotta pee), the too large sleeves, the too small shorts, the bursting at the seams bras, and underweight bodies.   But if you just look at the overall picture you see a pretty group of women. ☺️

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Has Meredith EVER looked good in a team photo? Either the smile is off, or the face is square, or she looks awkward. Must be stunning in person, but the DCC  camera is not her friend. 

• Love 9
On 3/9/2020 at 5:52 PM, tinabee1967 said:

Amy does not have the look. She’s just not pretty on camera. I am sure in person she likely looks great. That dance and the song were meh. The shirts around the waist were also goofy looking. 

What is it with all the shirts around the waist? Just curious. I noticed denise dicharrio(sp?) has worn hers on the show like this a couple if times...maybe I'm just dumb, but have wondered about the shirt thing around the waist!

29 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I wonder how much discussion TPTB have had about public appearances and the corona virus.  

Given that the NBA just suspended their season, I'm guessing the DCC should just not do appearances right now. Luckily it's the off-season for NFL, so that's easier.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

Given that the NBA just suspended their season, I'm guessing the DCC should just not do appearances right now. Luckily it's the off-season for NFL, so that's easier.

It's two months away, but I wonder what will happen regarding the calendar shoot.  And I'm assuming they won't be going to Arkansas for the St Pat's parade??

• Love 4
On 3/7/2020 at 3:05 PM, Pau84 said:

I seem to have Amy-fatigue because I cannot stand to see her anymore. I think she is a great person and all, but I can’t stop thinking: can’t she just leave already?

The past 5 years she did not stand out, and when she tried out for the first time I barely took notice. Amy Trader, Megan Carcioppollo and Holly Powell were the rookies that stood out. They should have been point in these past years. There have been DCC’s that were much much much better than Amy, in any department, and that did not make point, and here she is, just point by default, still dancing point, in the front.

I definitely have Amy-fatigue.

I'd like to see more of Megan, Amy and Holly instead of Amy and Kashara,

Amy and Kash were so lucky that the three showstoppers left the squad in their 2nd year 😞

Im so sick of Amy already, just leave please.

Sorry... 😛

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
19 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

It's two months away, but I wonder what will happen regarding the calendar shoot.  And I'm assuming they won't be going to Arkansas for the St Pat's parade??

We were pretty much told to not go outside if not needed and not to socialize for a while. So yeah, I'd think appearances (crowds) would be a no-go

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, DCC-fan94 said:

Amy and Kash were so lucky that the three showstoppers left the squad in their 2nd year 😞

Lacey, Jenna, Cersten and Maggie were lucky.  Amy stayed in the middle of the formation.

Actually, let me rephrase that - Jenna would have been in the triangle regardless.

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Tulip86 said:

We were pretty much told to not go outside if not needed and not to socialize for a while. So yeah, I'd think appearances (crowds) would be a no-go

I know this is the wrong forum for this.  Sorry but I just had to vent.  I was supposed to go to a concert in Indiana next weekend and now that entire tour has been pushed back until August 😞

2 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

I know this is the wrong forum for this.  Sorry but I just had to vent.  I was supposed to go to a concert in Indiana next weekend and now that entire tour has been pushed back until August 😞

I was supposed to go to Italy this week - yeah that’s being pushed back. We didn’t have hotel reservations just plane tickets bc staying with fiancés fam but I wonder what this will do to the calendar shoot.

2 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

I was supposed to go to Italy this week - yeah that’s being pushed back. We didn’t have hotel reservations just plane tickets bc staying with fiancés fam but I wonder what this will do to the calendar shoot.

I’m sure the calendar shoot will still happen as it’s not going to happen til the end of May 

10 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Lacey, Jenna, Cersten and Maggie were lucky.  Amy stayed in the middle of the formation.

Actually, let me rephrase that - Jenna would have been in the triangle regardless.

Lacey would have too.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Yeah,  the squad of 2017 were a totally different generation of cheerleaders compared to 2016, it was so weird to see Jenn A and Emma Mary in the back of the triangle.

PS: Everyone stay safe from CoVid-19, wash your hands for 20 seconds at least 5 times per day ("Oops i did it again" chorus takes 20 secs), do not kiss or handshake people and dont go to crowded places ❤️

Edited by DCC-fan94
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, ByTor said:

Lacey would have too.

I agree! And Ioved Lacey! New to this forum (as a poster anyhow) but I hope she is doing well. I always thought she was a great kicker (literally bloodying her nose in kick line @auditions)& had a beautiful look...seemed to beow key and somewhat drama free! She was great!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

All episodes are gone from CMT.com

Not sure. I have DISH satellite svc & have CMT in my channelist &obviously can watch dcc:mtt there. But when I go into the page to watch an episode it asks for some 'provider code'... yet I have CMT but can't get it like that on PC or phone. (I am not too tech savvy btw) but if u download pluto tv it is free and I've thankfully been able to watch seasons 1-12 so far. Thanks be for pluto!!!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

All episodes are gone from CMT.com

3 minutes ago, jlc said:

Maybe there isn't  going to be another season of DCC? 😥

There's still video clips on cmt.com

I'm thinking they're just shifting the past episodes to Pluto (wishful thinking)

• Love 1
On 3/12/2020 at 3:06 PM, Tulip86 said:

I wonder how they will hold auditions or even training camp.  Trump said today this is likely not to be contained fully until July or August.  Recommended groups of 10 or more is a no go.  Eeks!  🧼 😷🧤🦠 

10 minutes ago, KickPretty said:

I wonder how they will hold auditions or even training camp.  Trump said today this is likely not to be contained fully until July or August.  Recommended groups of 10 or more is a no go.  Eeks!  🧼 😷🧤🦠 

They could do a vet only squad this season 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, KickPretty said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the number of people "needed" to put on auditions outnumbered people who actually show up to auditions.  That is, if they actually HOLD auditions.  If they don't hold auditions (which are usually the first episode or two), I wonder if they'll have a television show this year and how Kelli will take it if the show is cancelled due to the situation.  Will she take it as an affront, a slap in the face, and a personal attack? Or will she realize everything is out of her control?

7 hours ago, Holly85 said:

They could do a vet only squad this season 

If they do this, they likely won't be able to cut some vets.  However, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the only way Meredith (and possibly Lily) actually stay on the squad.  If they have to face others during auditions, they would likely get cut.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dotdot 37 said:

the next season show will be about VK and how she had to deal with how the virus and how it effected her dancing

Since the show is "making" the team .... CMT rarely shows the veterans... still hoping for a season 14 dont think its been decided ... has it ??? 

3 hours ago, dotdot 37 said:

the next season show will be about VK and how she had to deal with how the virus and how it effected her dancing

She was quarantined and couldn’t stop eating. It’s not her fault I tell you!  Not! Her! Fault! 😂😂😂😂🤦🏽‍♀️

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
On 3/7/2020 at 7:48 PM, dccstar7 said:

Just asking out of curiosity..does anyone think meredith will be a one and done? Nothing against her but it wouldn't exactly chap me if she was a one and done! She isn't AWFUL, but going on past seasong K/J would have cut her in week 2 easily! She is lovely, but going on what I've seen in the past--TCC's were cut for her issues EARLY!

Me too!

Nothing against her, but I think she could be cut. She pretty, though I’m not as enamored of her as TPTB are...; and they cut several that I thought were better dancers and had the choreography better. But that’s just me.....

Edited by LRCH
  • Love 3