Type keyword(s) to search

Current Team Updates and Social Media

charappleby
  • Start Topic

On 4/21/2020 at 3:51 PM, CrazyEve said:

I dont call it weak. I call it COWARD. But thats my opinion and I respect yours. But thats how I see Kelli, not weak but a coward. Too coward to stick up for herself with her so called BFF Tina over her daughter VK.

I mean you got daughters who CAME from a legacy background and how many of them got given this much free pass to DCC? Take that girl (from about 7  years ago) whose mother was Natasha something (cheered 1985 or 1987?), what about the other 2 who came when Dayton and Victoria was "rejected" last year? What about Dayton? Yes Dayton made the damn mistake of being late to her makeover, but come over that girl can FREAKING DANCE better than VK. What about Meredith? Didn't Judy "hate" her on her final season because she gained weight and Kelli and Charlotte wouldnt let Liz Router into TCC and Judy just was pissed with some people? Cassie yes ... was given basically "a free pass" esp in her last season, I feel esp with her leg injury. Maybe thats why Jay Johnson isnt shown on tv as much because he questioned why they were being "lenient" towards Cassie having an injury and allowing her a "free pass" to TCC, whilst other vets were given harsh talking to for gaining weight or cut completely without a chance ec

Her current IG takeover .... LOL omg ha the vid of her doing that lyrical, is VK like 2 counts behind everyone else and the others are going "too fast"? Seems to me she is the one who is damn slow and behind everyone else.

Does anyone have a screenshot of Rachel saying Heathers gone back to Arizona? I don't follow her on IG and definately missed that insta story. I cant believe Heathers gone. I guess this means Heather wouldnt be considered for 20/21 all stars? I was actually surprised Heather had a long distance relationship for that long. I thought her bf would have relocated to texas after a while or stayed at his job and looked for a job in texas to be closer to Heather. I guess well done to her for making that work.

What was Heather being punished for?

1 hour ago, Nene said:

OMG, yes! I am glad I'm not the only one who's noticed this! It seems like over the years, TPTB has moved more toward the "little girl" look and manner of speaking, etc., vs. promoting the image of mature, accomplished women. Women who act like mature, intelligent adults, in speech and poise, are few and far between these days when the squads of the early to mid 2000s had plenty of them. Lauren was one, Heather is another, Caroline is another but they are definitely an endangered species in the DCC ranks nowadays!

They seem to have a lot more 'younger' women in general, not only in looks but in age. Long gone are the days when most of the squad were in their late 20s. Jinelle was the last 30 year old on the team, wasn't she? Victoria will be the next, when she's onto her 12th season.

• LOL 13
18 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

Jinelle was the last 30 year old on the team, wasn't she? 

No, now we have Briana, Brennan, and Christina.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

No, now we have Briana, Brennan, and Christina.

For which I am highly grateful.  Can you imagine the team being led by Victoria right now?  #yikes

• LOL 2
8 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Can you imagine the team being led by Victoria right now? 

Crap, stop giving them ideas this instant!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, go4luca said:

For which I am highly grateful.  Can you imagine the team being led by Victoria right now?  #yikes

Well, some of the ones on FB think she is ready to be point, that she is leadership material😬

• LOL 9
4 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Well, some of the ones on FB think she is ready to be point, that she is leadership material😬

Mark my words, she'll be a 2GL this year.  I hope I'm wrong.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, ByTor said:

That would be such a monumental display of nepotism that it could be seen from space. 
How sad and demoralising. Really scary. Poor girls. I have no words. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

That would be such a monumental display of nepotism that it could be seen from space. 

I'm just going by Heather having been named a 2GL in her 2nd year, so it's not without precedent, but don't take me too seriously, I'm only guessing, I could be totally off base 🙂 

• Useful 1
4 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I'm just going by Heather having been named a 2GL in her 2nd year, so it's not without precedent, but don't take me too seriously, I'm only guessing, I could be totally off base 🙂 

Don't even put that out in the universe!  Take the advice you so eruditely gave me! 😅

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

She likely will despite all the other girls who deserve it more than she does.  I hope you're wrong as well because that would be bad for all the girls in her group if she was a 2nd Group Leader.  The only thing worst the 2nd Group Leader is if they jumped her to Group Leader, but I don't think they would do that.  Would they?  Crap!  Now that I've said it, I'm giving them ideas.  I take it back!  I take it back!

• LOL 6
(edited)

Kelli and Judy are delivering the girls rings to them right now.  Looks like they have a big Cowboys bus wonder why they need that?  Sure hope it isn't full of people.  At lease K&J are wearing masks.

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Pau84 said:

But can you imagine what would happen if she didn’t get 2GL or other recognition??  Would there be pouting, tantrum, or running to mom that things aren’t fair??  Spineless Auntie Kelli would have to intervene to keep VK and TK content.  What’s that jail saying?  Who is whose b*t*ch?  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, Blue hues said:

But can you imagine what would happen if she didn’t get 2GL or other recognition??  Would there be pouting, tantrum, or running to mom that things aren’t fair??  Spineless Auntie Kelli would have to intervene to keep VK and TK content.  What’s that jail saying?  Who is whose b*t*ch?  

Great, now I picture Veruca standing on the scale in Willie Wonka's Chocolate Factory "Mommy, Mommy I want a group leader position now!!!"

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

Kelli and Judy are delivering the girls rings to them right now.  Looks like they have a big Cowboys bus wonder why they need that?  Sure hope it isn't full of people.  At lease K&J are wearing masks.

I wonder if Kelli will "announce" who got ROTY and VOTY.  After all, don't the girls usually get their rings at the banquet?  I'm fairly certain that Victoria's pretty peeved at not having a banquet for her rookie season because COVID-19 "robbed" her of the experience.  Tina will also likely be peeved because, if Kelli had taken Victoria the year before, she would have gotten the banquet AND ROTY and would then be eligible for VOTY this year.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Great, now I picture Veruca standing on the scale in Willie Wonka's Chocolate Factory "Mommy, Mommy I want a group leader position now!!!"

Well it’s not a stretch to see her on Willy Wonkas scale, or flopped across Kelli’s workspace since she didn’t get what she wanted...

• Love 4
10 hours ago, ByTor said:

I think this would be the final straw for me. Group leaders and 2nd GL is the only thing that should be done by seniority. With more experience on the team, you can gain leadership skills.

With the lack of upper senior vets,  I’d love to see Brennan and Briana get 2GL spots at least. Brennan knows what it’s like to come back after rejection and Briana has previous NFL experience. Both would be approachable, no-nonsense leaders.

They just might not have the time to commit to it though as they both appear to work full-time.

• Love 11
13 hours ago, Pau84 said:

You mean like giving her Gina’s spot as a rookie, meaning that she was placed in front of one of their GLs who’s also a SG member and 4th year vet? 

I do hope they won’t do it this year. I’m sure she will get a 2nd GL position in her 3rd year, but she is quite immature and doesn’t have prior team or instructor experience. Heather did and she was only picked because they had to cover for Erica’s cut, not because they wanted a 2nd year for the role. Jen was older and with lots of instructor/coaching experience so really, she could have been a Gl from her rookie class already. VK just doesn’t have leadership qualities and I personally don’t think they need to give this responsibility to girls just because they’ve been there for a few years now unless they actually have the skills.

in any case, we know that she’s going to stay for at least 5 years if not more and we all know she will end up with a job in dcc much like Sam and Charlotte’s daughter. They should hold off giving her prominent placements and positions, imagine having her as a GL for 6 years.

3 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I think this would be the final straw for me. Group leaders and 2nd GL is the only thing that should be done by seniority. With more experience on the team, you can gain leadership skills.

With the lack of upper senior vets,  I’d love to see Brennan and Briana get 2GL spots at least. Brennan knows what it’s like to come back after rejection and Briana has previous NFL experience. Both would be approachable, no-nonsense leaders.

They just might not have the time to commit to it though as they both appear to work full-time.

I think a lot of the girls have experience. Bridget was a captain in her team so honestly, she could have been a 2GL already this past season.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I’m sure she will get a 2nd GL position in her 3rd year, but she is quite immature and doesn’t have prior team or instructor experience.

I thought someone said that she teaches classes at the school she always attended, so they could say she does have experience.

You mean like giving her Gina’s spot as a rookie, meaning that she was placed in front of one of their GLs who’s also a SG member and 4th year vet? 

Yep!  THIS is what made me think she's a possibility for 2GL.  

Bridget was a captain in her team so honestly, she could have been a 2GL already this past season.

That's true too, it doesn't necessarily have to be about DCC tenure.  

Jen was older and with lots of instructor/coaching experience

Once again, agreed!  In a leadership role, yes, sometimes age DOES matter.  Can a 20 year old be more mature than a 26 year old?  Sure, but I'd say it's more the exception than the rule.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I thought someone said that she teaches classes at the school she always attended, so they could say she does have experience.

Yep!  THIS is what made me think she's a possibility for 2GL.  

That's true too, it doesn't necessarily have to be about DCC tenure.  

Once again, agreed!  In a leadership role, yes, sometimes age DOES matter.  Can a 20 year old be more mature than a 26 year old?  Sure, but I'd say it's more the exception than the rule.

Being a more senior member does not necessarily mean you are leader material ... there are those that can take direction and those that can give direction ... I'm not a dancer but I do teach aerobics  ... its a lot harder on the other side of the mic ... you have to know the routines and be able to execute them while guiding the members ... for DCC there is no mirror but the girls do depend on the leader and those in the front to help them... no matter what K&J say 🙄

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, H3705 said:

Being a more senior member does not necessarily mean you are leader material

Exactly!  Just like @dreamcatcher's point about Bridget, she absolutely could have been a 2GL in her 2nd year, but they went with seniority instead.  It will be interesting to see if they abandon that this year & go with Victoria.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, ByTor said:

It will be interesting to see if they abandon that this year & go with Victoria.

I truly hope they don't award a klepto with a 2nd GL position.  That would be incredibly sad & hardly "first class".

• LOL 5
16 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I truly hope they don't award a klepto with a 2nd GL position.  That would be incredibly sad & hardly "first class".

I highly doubt they will give it to second year ... I dont even think Cassie got second GL until her 3rd (please correct if I am wrong)  and then group 4 leader her 4th year (season 6 I think) ...if there was any favoritism she would have been given group 1 ... again you have to be able to instruct and guide to be a leader not just look good in front of the group.  I am hoping Savannah gets at least 2nd leader most likely being her last year but again I don't know how strong she is at guiding she may be able to execute dancing just not teach them...who knows

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, H3705 said:

I highly doubt they will give it to second year ... I dont even think Cassie got second GL until her 3rd (please correct if I am wrong)  and then group 4 leader her 4th year (season 6 I think) ...if there was any favoritism she would have been given group 1 ... again you have to be able to instruct and guide to be a leader not just look good in front of the group.  I am hoping Savannah gets at least 2nd leader most likely being her last year but again I don't know how strong she is at guiding she may be able to execute dancing just not teach them...who knows

I'm pulling for Savvy to get some sort of accolade, too. She seems to be reliable, selfless, genuine, and sweet. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

We had a poster here I think making this point, but when she was asked during her insta takeover she only mentioned her “modeling” job so...

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

One day I hope to be able to catch up to the "going's on". I have been super busy with work since the Pandemic.  If someone does not mind giving me a quick recap? 

• Who is retiring?
  • ROTY?
  • VOTY?
  • Any other newsworthy news?

Thank you in advance.  I stopped by for a quick lunch break.  Now I am back to work.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

Since they need to remain 6 feet apart, are they going to throw it to them 😂. I’m betting it will be filmed for the show 

• LOL 6

This literally makes me physically ill.

I don't care that others will be featured.  I am beyond over TPTB's favoritism and featuring of Vic.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

I don't care that others will be featured.  I am beyond over TPTB's favoritism and featuring of Vic.

I saw...that's just stupid. They've never done a special on a current cheerleader. I guess they have plenty of footage of her as they used it for their indoctrination campaign the past 2 years... Yeah, I'll skip that one. 

Again, no issue with Victoria as a person (though the lies were heinous) my issue lies with the preferential treatment

• Love 16
(edited)
49 minutes ago, Tulip86 said:

Again, no issue with Victoria as a person (though the lies were heinous) my issue lies with the preferential treatment

Same.  In the beginning, I did try to give her a chance.  But the more they featured her, that option quickly waned and disappeared.

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 10
55 minutes ago, Tulip86 said:

I saw...that's just stupid. They've never done a special on a current cheerleader. I guess they have plenty of footage of her as they used it for their indoctrination campaign the past 2 years... Yeah, I'll skip that one. 

Not to mention that Victoria, only on the show for two seasons and on the team for one, got 38 minutes while KaShara, a four year vet, got 9. The nepotism is blatantly obvious and people still eat it up. I don’t get it, I really don’t

• Love 18
2 hours ago, go4luca said:

I don't like this one bit, but just look at some of those comments:

"So proud of this girl’s incredible hard work and beautiful spirit."
"That meteorologist had it out for her!"
"Victoria has been a favorite of mine all long."
"Dang that one male judge was out to get her."

😞

I just don't get it ...

• Love 8
4 hours ago, viccib said:

Seriously!!!! 

To borrow a quote heard in this clip... “ looks like a sore thumb” when lining up on the field.  Must be a result of the bull in China she mentioned earlier!  Girl doesn’t need to find her words, she needs to learn how to use them!  And sorry, but the big smile is almost creepy no matter what the topic!

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Why is it a big secret?  Nothing on social media that I've seen.

They were told to keep quiet. Not sure why. The decision-making is a joke. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 5/4/2020 at 10:22 AM, kalibean said:

I actually really like Savannah. She’s one of the weaker dancers in DCC style, but she’s just a lovely human overall. She’s also very coachable and continually shows improvement. I think that’s why she made it over other TCC, and why she won TOTY.  I’m sure they liked the story line, but Tara was always a blender with short legs in my opinion. And I know it’s an unpopular one. lol. 

I love her! She's deff one of my favorites.

• Love 3

On the topic of those videos. I saw that there is a 40 odd minute one showing all uniform fittings. Why would they chose that for one of their first long videos?! It's basically a pervs paradise.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, go4luca said:

I mean, why would you do a “then and now” for a rookie? Brennan I’d understand, she is a vet and went through tc 3 times. But normally i’d expect such a video for alumnae or maybe 4-5th year vets. Seriously now, we know that she’s sticking around for at least 4 more years, why do they have to feature her that much from her rookie year?

13 hours ago, DCCFanFromTN said:

Not to mention that Victoria, only on the show for two seasons and on the team for one, got 38 minutes while KaShara, a four year vet, got 9. The nepotism is blatantly obvious and people still eat it up. I don’t get it, I really don’t

Yeah seriously... who needs 38 minutes of a rookie? Especially someone who is ALWAYS featured. She’s not that much interesting, we get it, her whole life is dcc. Show me some of the girls who have interesting jobs, demanding degrees, who do charity work etc. not someone who has nothing else going on for her.

• Love 21
3 hours ago, Nelliephant said:

On the topic of those videos. I saw that there is a 40 odd minute one showing all uniform fittings. Why would they chose that for one of their first long videos?! It's basically a pervs paradise.

I think you may have answered your own question 😉 Quite frankly, I’ve never thought that we were the main target audience for CMT:MTT. At least not at first.  Just look at all the T&A shots, especially in the early seasons. There’s one where the girls are laying (lying? I’m a terrible grammarian) on the floor on their backs, pulling a straight leg up towards their ear. All the camera focuses in on is...well...their cash and prizes. 🙈

• Love 8
37 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I mean, why would you do a “then and now” for a rookie? Brennan I’d understand, she is a vet and went through tc 3 times. But normally i’d expect such a video for alumnae or maybe 4-5th year vets. Seriously now, we know that she’s sticking around for at least 4 more years, why do they have to feature her that much from her rookie year?

Yeah seriously... who needs 38 minutes of a rookie? Especially someone who is ALWAYS featured. She’s not that much interesting, we get it, her whole life is dcc. Show me some of the girls who have interesting jobs, demanding degrees, who do charity work etc. not someone who has nothing else going on for her.

I watched a portion of the video. Is it just all the Victoria (or whoever is the video subject) clips from the show put together in one video? If so, I’ll pass. 

Regarding the bolded section above, one of the segments I watched is where Victoria said that she knew she wanted to be a DCC since the moment she was born. Er, no, you didn’t. In reality, you were brainwashed from a very young age to believe that should be your only goal/aspiration/life dream. I don’t have anything against MommaTina, but man, when all the Victoria clips are put together in one video, Tina looks a smidge crazy. 

I know Im being a little mean. I’m probably just in a bad mood. But as I watched that, I realized I really under appreciated my own parents, who gave me the support and encouragement to develop my own talents and aspirations. 

I saw there’s a video of all the makeovers. I think I’m going to watch that one. 

• Love 13
On 5/4/2020 at 10:19 AM, Meleighsa said:

I was thinking the same thing about Vivian. Girl worked her "drumstick thighs" off to come back and earn a spot back in TC. I think she would've relished the opportunity and attempted to come back as a veteran.

Agreed. I've also always believed the poem thing was a set up by the producers. Either they suggested it or they encouraged it for good humiliation TV. 

• Love 5
21 hours ago, go4luca said:

Bless my heart bc i'm surprised that this bs is still continuing with Veruca. They've NEVER done this before & yet here we are, I cannot with this...

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Bless my heart bc i'm surprised that this bs is still continuing with Veruca. They've NEVER done this before & yet here we are, I cannot with this...

Well if this is any indication of how the new season is going to go, then I’m out. I’ll just come here and catch the comments. 

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, VintageJ said:

Well if this is any indication of how the new season is going to go, then I’m out. I’ll just come here and catch the comments. 

That’s exactly what i did last year and I don’t think I missed out on much. I’d watch the “recap” clips they’d upload and ff any clips with VK.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

That’s exactly what i did last year and I don’t think I missed out on much. I’d watch the “recap” clips they’d upload and ff any clips with VK.

Ditto!

• Love 4

I think I’d prob like Vics loud, obnoxious personality if they didn’t shove her down our throats so much. Stop trying to make fetch happen and sell her as AMAZING.

Kat is prob the rookie who’d be the most fun to hang with and she’s all in your face goofy despite looking like a Barbie. But she isn’t shoved in our faces 25/7 as the most perfectest bestest dancer who ever danced. 

• Love 18
(edited)

I'm not saying it won't happen, but they would be beyond foolish to pick VK for 2GL over women who have been captains of their college and professional dance teams and cheer squads. Daphne (who I think Kelli's had her eye on for a leadership position), Bridget (who I've decided can't retire), Rachel A, Taylor J, and Ashlee (who I'm really* hoping gets 2GL this year or next) all are much more qualified in leadership and team positions than VK. Many more DCC also have more than 1 year's worth of experience on a professional dance team, not just as DCC vets but also on other college or pro teams (Hannah, Brianna, Savannah, Caroline, etc.) I see several of her rookie sisters being far more qualified to be decent 2GLs in year 2 than VK, again, based just off of team and leadership experience (esp. Chandi & Kelsey, 2 of my favorite rookies this year who I think both would be great DCC leaders down the line). I believe VK will be 2GL and GL someday, but I seriously am hoping TPTB can see she needs time to mature, learn how to be a good team mate (which requires more than high fives and going for facials together), and learn a lot more about how the DCC function first. I would think she'll be 2GL by year 3, but I'm hoping not before year 4. Like someone said above, can you imagine VK as a leader for 4-6 years??? 😵

Edited by M1977G
Clarity
  • Love 18