Type keyword(s) to search

Current Team Updates and Social Media

charappleby
  • Start Topic

(edited)
22 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

They were told to keep quiet. Not sure why. The decision-making is a joke. 

It was talked about today on the podcast and they showed some photos. 

Edited by Cruisegirl
  • Useful 3
4 hours ago, M1977G said:

Many more DCC also have more than 1 year's worth of experience on a professional dance team, not just as DCC vets but also on other pro teams (Hannah, Brianna, Savannah, Caroline, etc.) 

What pro team did Caroline cheer for?

27 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

What pro team did Caroline cheer for?

Oops--that was supposed to say "college and pro teams"! DCC is Caroline's first pro team. She was a Golden Girl at Mizzou, like Amy Trader, another of my favorites. Both incredibly smart ladies, well-spoken, seemingly well-liked by teammates, beautiful, and fantastic dancers!

• Love 9
5 hours ago, M1977G said:

but I seriously am hoping TPTB can see she needs time to mature, learn how to be a good team mate (which requires more than high fives and going for facials together), and learn a lot more about how the DCC function first.

I think all they can see right now, is that it brings attention to the squad and to the show.  They are using VK and she doesn't care.  She has fans, fame and attention.  Also, I think Kelli is stubborn enough to do what she wants to do, whether it makes sense or not, cause there is no way she will let anybody tell her what she can and can not do.

• Love 5
On 5/7/2020 at 1:34 PM, dreamcatcher said:

That’s exactly what i did last year and I don’t think I missed out on much. I’d watch the “recap” clips they’d upload and ff any clips with VK.

I watched the first episode of last season and was so disgusted that I didn't watch anymore and just came here for the recaps, snarks, and insiders!!! This was much better than the shows! 😂😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 5/7/2020 at 5:30 PM, M1977G said:

I'm not saying it won't happen, but they would be beyond foolish to pick VK for 2GL over women who have been captains of their college and professional dance teams and cheer squads. Daphne (who I think Kelli's had her eye on for a leadership position), Bridget (who I've decided can't retire), Rachel A, Taylor J, and Ashlee (who I'm really* hoping gets 2GL this year or next) all are much more qualified in leadership and team positions than VK. Many more DCC also have more than 1 year's worth of experience on a professional dance team, not just as DCC vets but also on other college or pro teams (Hannah, Brianna, Savannah, Caroline, etc.) I see several of her rookie sisters being far more qualified to be decent 2GLs in year 2 than VK, again, based just off of team and leadership experience (esp. Chandi & Kelsey, 2 of my favorite rookies this year who I think both would be great DCC leaders down the line). I believe VK will be 2GL and GL someday, but I seriously am hoping TPTB can see she needs time to mature, learn how to be a good team mate (which requires more than high fives and going for facials together), and learn a lot more about how the DCC function first. I would think she'll be 2GL by year 3, but I'm hoping not before year 4. Like someone said above, can you imagine VK as a leader for 4-6 years??? 😵

She has already been given things on this squad that she did not earn. She would have been a 2gl last year if Kelli could have figured out how to do it and get away with it. Nothing smart or fair or even reasonable has been applied to Victoria's getting on this team. Kelli is waiting to retire until VK gets a little more experience and can become the director in her place!°

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, jlc said:

I watched the first episode of last season and was so disgusted that I didn't watch anymore and just came here for the recaps, snarks, and insiders!!! This was much better than the shows! 😂😂

It is!!  That's why it's so sad to not be able to come here and talk about prelims and semis this year with everyone.

And according to Kelli, the show will begin at training camp/finals this year - her and Judy meeting the girls for the first time, the girls meeting each other.  So, that will be interesting to recap, snark and discuss. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
On 5/5/2020 at 12:24 AM, 5678Pixie said:

Kelli and Judy are delivering the girls rings to them right now.  Looks like they have a big Cowboys bus wonder why they need that?  Sure hope it isn't full of people.  At lease K&J are wearing masks.

Where did you hear this?

On 5/4/2020 at 7:57 AM, EricaShadows said:

Taryn and Brennan were two that should have made it that year while Christina and possibly (cough, probably) Savannah.  However, it seems that Tara and Savannah were a package deal that year because Kelli was hoping for another Danielle/Jasmine buddy story where they stayed for multiple years and Kelli could use them for a story-line whether they wanted to or not.

Taryn was gorgeous, sweet and a hard worker who would have improved over the years she was on the squad had she been given a chance.  Wasn't she also one that Kelli wished would reaudition or was there another girl?

When Jasmine was cut at finals going on her 4th year, Danielle was devastated. I remember her crying about how it wouldn't be the same, and how they came to Texas together. But when Tara was cut at TC going on her 2nd year I didn't see anything from Savannah on how devastated she was. Unless I missed something it seemed like their friendship wasn't solid. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 5/8/2020 at 10:41 PM, UnicornKicksBack said:

Y’all are generous. I think she’ll be diamond spot behind point if she isn’t in the triangle next year. 

Just because she’s so TALL, of course. It just makes sense 😂 ETA...just occurred to me that Tess didn’t retire, and a triangle of Maddie up front flanked by Tess and VK could be a thing. I mean, Tess deserves be promoted, natch, so of course they need another tall girl to balance. Oh goodness.  Poor Lexie.

Also y’all, I am super tickled that Lexie and her momma favor each other so much. They’re just so Dallas. I miss it so. Sigh. The ability to fly without cooties can’t come soon enough! All the mom/daughter pics were great. 

Edited by kalibean
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 5/8/2020 at 6:25 PM, go4luca said:

ARRGGH.  SO bummed we will never see her as point.  I think she would have had all kinds of sparkle and personality.  Best of luck to you Bridget.  You've been a lot of fun to watch!

THIS 100%

• Love 8
On 5/8/2020 at 8:25 PM, go4luca said:

ARRGGH.  SO bummed we will never see her as point.  I think she would have had all kinds of sparkle and personality.  Best of luck to you Bridget.  You've been a lot of fun to watch!

Oh no.  Did I miss her announcement that she will retire?

• Love 2
16 hours ago, TeacherWoman said:

Oh no.  Did I miss her announcement that she will retire?

I haven't seen any conclusive evidence Bridget, Christina or Miranda will retire. I am still hoping it is not true.

• Love 10

I've been keeping a wary eye on social media for anything related to the ROTY and VOTY announcements.  Like the rings, those would have been announced at the End-of-the-Year banquet as well as who was "officially" retiring.  I wonder why those three things haven't been "officially" released yet unless Kelli wants a big production for them.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I've been keeping a wary eye on social media for anything related to the ROTY and VOTY announcements.  Like the rings, those would have been announced at the End-of-the-Year banquet as well as who was "officially" retiring.  I wonder why those three things haven't been "officially" released yet unless Kelli wants a big production for them.

She did say something on the podcast about not being emotionally ready for the year to be over.  However, in the normal world, the banquet would have gone on and the announcements would have been made last month.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

She did say something on the podcast about not being emotionally ready for the year to be over.  However, in the normal world, the banquet would have gone on and the announcements would have been made last month.

Kelli might not be emotionally ready for the year to be over, but they're getting ready for the NEW year to start because auditions have started, even if the final deadline for submissions hasn't passed.  I'm wondering if she's not ready for Victoria's rookie year to be over.  Now, she's not a rookie so Kelli has to be "tougher" on her than before.  Yeah, right.  Like THAT'S ever going to happen.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
On 5/10/2020 at 9:08 PM, kalibean said:

Tess deserves be promoted, natch, so of course they need another tall girl to balance. Oh goodness.  Poor Lexie.

Gina's the one I feel bad for 😞 

• Love 12
On 5/10/2020 at 8:08 PM, kalibean said:

Just because she’s so TALL, of course. It just makes sense 😂 ETA...just occurred to me that Tess didn’t retire, and a triangle of Maddie up front flanked by Tess and VK could be a thing. I mean, Tess deserves be promoted, natch, so of course they need another tall girl to balance. Oh goodness.  Poor Lexie.

Also y’all, I am super tickled that Lexie and her momma favor each other so much. They’re just so Dallas. I miss it so. Sigh. The ability to fly without cooties can’t come soon enough! All the mom/daughter pics were great. 

I seriously doubt that is going to happen regarding Victoria in the triangle or diamond 🙄 Tess would most likely be the top of the diamond .. Judy has pointed Tess out as being too delicate a few times ... she may be a good leader but that doesn't always translate in a seniority placement in the triangle or Janelle would have been point or flanked right or left even diamond in the triangle (did that happen her last year??). Good gracious they put Janelle way up in the photo where she should have been more front and  Lexie jumped over Gina in triangle position.. such conspiracies  🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Tess is the top of the diamond now until Amy swaps into her spot. So I guess the question is who replaces Amy. Maddie will prob be permanent point, so logically Gina and Lexie would finish the triangle. 

But seeing that logic generally has no place in placement these days, who the hell knows? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Tess is the top of the diamond now until Amy swaps into her spot. So I guess the question is who replaces Amy. Maddie will prob be permanent point, so logically Gina and Lexie would finish the triangle. 

But seeing that logic generally has no place in placement these days, who the hell knows? 

This. Tess is already there. Blending. Blending along with Lexie, Maddie and Amy. Whole situation is ragtag and boring. Why they picked middle of the pack dancers and meh looking girls for this diamond is beyond me. Might as well bring back plain boring Cassie and her inhaler for when she runs out of steam. 

Pitiful when every single 2nd year outshines all the other vets it still stuck in the back.

Best situation was at Christmas with two triangles so you had the blah vets then the new girls out dancing them in the lower level triangle. Those girls were ROCK STARS. I would be embarrassed to be a upper level vet that year. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

This. Tess is already there. Blending. Blending along with Lexie, Maddie and Amy. Whole situation is ragtag and boring. Why they picked middle of the pack dancers and meh looking girls for this diamond is beyond me. Might as well bring back plain boring Cassie and her inhaler for when she runs out of steam. 

Pitiful when every single 2nd year outshines all the other vets it still stuck in the back.

Best situation was at Christmas with two triangles so you had the blah vets then the new girls out dancing them in the lower level triangle. Those girls were ROCK STARS. I would be embarrassed to be a upper level vet that year. 

You know, I don’t remember thinking that Maddie’s rookie group was weak at the time, but looking back, it really was IMO. I guess Cersten and Maggie were the strongest, but when I think of faces of team of the years, they don’t really come to mind. There was real a drop off after the season 10 girls until the current second years/rising third year girls came around. I really think this current group (Jalyn, Bridget, etc) is on par with the season 3 and 7 rookies in terms of having more than a handful of real standout dancers.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

You know, I don’t remember thinking that Maddie’s rookie group was weak at the time, but looking back, it really was IMO. I guess Cersten and Maggie were the strongest, but when I think of faces of team of the years, they don’t really come to mind. There was real a drop off after the season 10 girls until the current second years/rising third year girls came around. I really think this current group (Jalyn, Bridget, etc) is on par with the season 3 and 7 rookies in terms of having more than a handful of real standout dancers.

I'd add Mandy and Kelli to the mix for that season too. 

The following season, only Lauren P (despite her memory mistakes) and Gina really stood out in dance terms to me. I think that was a weaker year. Kalyssa was strong too but I don't like flakes.  

• Love 7

Kelli might not be emotionally ready for the year to be over, but 

I Am!!  At this point I have watched, through sheer stay at home boredom and against my better judgment,  every episode of Season 14 with the exception of the finale.  Cannot bear to see VK actually "make the team." Through lack of interest in the star of the show, it took me seven months and a pandemic to finally tune in.

I call this the year of The Torso and The Hair.

923389633_TheTorsoandtheHair.jpg.f8f0c2e1dfa2b27851f274d0d469d26a.jpg

The Torso^                                                  The Hair^

And the moral of the story is: mediocrity breeds contempt.  I am neutral on both of these ladies, preferring Maddie over Amy, but don't feel either one deserved point.  Amy having it for 10 seconds, or whatever, is IMO just a set up to ensure that when a certain someone is the longest serving vet she will be assured point -- there is precedent! -- if it hasn't already been handed to her.  

Yeah, let's just wrap this year up where the opportunity to have some awesome talent in the front was squandered and perhaps -pandemic allowing - move on to next year. Or not  -- a few years ago I would have been devastated by a disruption in filming, now it's  a chore to watch as I realize I'm often in total disagreement with Kelli's choices.

• Love 9

I wonder if this is what we saw Amber rehearsing for in her stories, or does she still have a solo DCC in motion coming out?  And we still have the one coming out with Jalyn, Cici and Daphne.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I wouldn’t complain if this was the front of the triangle. #TeamGina

When she first made the team, I wasn't a fan of Gina's but I wasn't a hater.  Now...I think she's become one of my favorite vets.  She may not have "the look" that a lot of past points have had...but if we go on last season, our points were "blah bland boring blenders". I like Maddie...I really do.  She's a good dancer and baby faced cute.  Was she point material?  If you judge by seasons past, no.  Amy most definitely was NOT point material.  She was about as vanilla and boring as they come.  Gina is one of the strongest dancers on the team, her looks have been refined over the past year and she's gotten rid of the platinum blonde hair (thank goodness). In my opinion, I think she has definitely earned a spot in the triangle.  My guess, is that Maddie will be the sole point this year.  I say flank her with Gina and Caroline

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 17
(edited)

I agree with what everyone is saying. I like maddie, but she's not point material, yet she will be point this year.

If they wanted the best dancer then Gina should be it. If they wanted to go for the "girl next door" and powerful dancer that they used to go for, about half the incoming 3rd years could be point. 

It is a shame that this seems to have come down to a length of service thing. Length of service should be thought about for group leaders, but for point I think they should just pick the best person from the 3rd years+. I think after that time they've proved they have the consistency to be point.

Edited by Nelliephant
  • Love 14
(edited)
4 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I wouldn’t complain if this was the front of the triangle. #TeamGina

Gina looked really good to me (a completely untrained eye), she definitely commands the viewer’s attention. I’ve always liked her, but I also don’t necessarily think she got a bad edit her rookie year.  I think she had the typical cockiness that comes from probably being one of the best dancers in her studios/teams coupled with a general Southern CA attitude. (She does come from a fairly well-to-do area of San Diego County, but I am not saying this as a dig at Gina. I lived in San Diego for a decade and hold it near and dear to my heart, so I don’t hold that against her in the least!) I do think she is one of the best on the team, and hands down, my favorite post on these boards was in Past Seasons back in September about her redemption arc. (I can’t recall who posted it but I remember the time frame because I was on a work trip at the time and feeling sorry for myself until I saw that post and it cheered me up 😆). 

(Shit, sorry guys this is like my 7th edit. No more cocktails in the evenings cause I obviously lose the ability to compose thoughts into sentences.)

Edited to add: I also think part of Ginas success is that she has assimilated beautifully into the DDC mindset, which I interpret as “Still think you are the best, but do it in a ladylike way.”  

I thought Amanda was Erin for a good 15 seconds, which is a total compliment from me. 

Watching Amber separately from Gina and Amanda, I though she looked good. But then watching the 3 together, I found Amber distracting. I really just wanted to watch Gina and Amanda. 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
Clarify thoughts
  • Love 16
41 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

I also think part of Ginas success is that she has assimilated beautifully into the DDC mindset, which I interpret as “Still think you are the best, but do it in a ladylike way.” 

Such a nice way of putting this!  There is nothing wrong with thinking you're the best...none of these ladies would ever bother auditioning if they didn't think they were any good...but acting like you're the best in a conceited way sure is a problem!

• Love 18
3 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

My guess, is that Maddie will be the sole point this year.  

I don't hate Maddie and she has come a long way since her first round of TC.  But since I was hoping she would retire (along with Tess), I'd love to see them switch it up with point and give it to someone else.  I'm also not a fan of sharing point.  Can't exactly nail why, I'm just not.  I doubt TPTB will do any of this,  but a girl can dream.

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I don't hate Maddie and she has come a long way since her first round of TC.  But since I was hoping she would retire (along with Tess), I'd love to see them switch it up with point and give it to someone else.  I'm also not a fan of sharing point.  Can't exactly nail why, I'm just not.  I doubt TPTB will do any of this,  but a girl can dream.

i think Maddie is a very boring point, and I'm cringing at the thought of another year, or 2 or 3, of her as point. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Nelliephant said:

I agree with what everyone is saying. I like maddie, but she's not point material, year she will be point this year.

If they wanted the best dancer then Gina works be it. If they wanted to go for the "girl next door" and powerful dancer that they used to go for, about half the incoming 3rd years could be point. 

It is a shame that this seems to have come down to a length of service thing. Length of service should be thought about for group leaders, but for point I think they should just pick the best person from the 3rd years+. I think after that time they've proved they have the consistency to be point.

I would love to actually see K&J’s discussions with each other on point. My guess is that those convos are purposely kept off screen, but it would be interesting. I agree that Amy and Maddie seemed to get point based off of length of service, but that’s definitely new. Sydney Durso never got point although she was a 7 year vet her last year. Neither Jenna, Danielle, or Jessica got point over Jenn. Neither Jinelle or Lacey got it over Kashara (I know that Jenna was originally point, and she was the most senior vet that year, but they could’ve easily given it to Lacey). Yet, basically any of those people would’ve been more exciting IMO than Maddie and Amy. It’s just hard to see the logic. 

Now, I do think Maddie is a fan favorite, and she’s certainly a “face” of the team. I’ve actually soured on her dancing over her tenure on the squad (I enjoyed her more her first couple of years), but I think my opinion is a minority one, so I can see why they put her up there for that reason. Otherwise tho, leadership/ seniority thing seems like it should be more important for group leader positions. I definitely think that there’s something to be said for paying your dues and then reaping the benefits, but I feel like that’s an “everything else being equal” thing, not a “tenure/experience trumps dance ability/performance“ thing. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, PattiD4DCC said:

As I try to get a comb through my no trim for 2 months pixie this a.m. (and failing) just gotta say I am seriously jonesing for Marshall's gorgeous hair pictured above!

LOL at least you're trying to get a comb through it, his hair looks like it hasn't even seen a comb in years 🤣

• LOL 4
On 5/12/2020 at 6:49 PM, kalibean said:

That would effectively demote Tess though, since she’s currently spending more time within the triangle instead of behind point? I still think it was an awful decision to bring such a tall girl into the triangle and place Amy behind point for most of the performance. It looks extremely unbalanced but I’d be fine with this if said tall girl was exceptionally strong buuut...

17 hours ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

Now I'm curious. Does this mean fewer episodes this season? Possibly 10 instead of 13?

I’d assume they’d go further into the season, which would be interesting both because they haven’t done that in a while and because I assume there will be new challenges with the current situation that they could cover

• Love 3

I agree that Amy and Maddie seemed to get point based off of length of service, but that’s definitely new. 

Exactly why I fear it is merely a "set up" to enable a certain controversial someone to be point after she puts in the time. 

• Love 4