Type keyword(s) to search

Current Team Updates and Social Media

charappleby
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Doubt if Kat is going anywhere. Honestly it’s safer to keep all the vets and fill the few spots with recruits so doubt there’s a bloodbath this year.

Same, I'll be shocked at a bloodbath.

I'm not sure if anyone confirmed this, are all rookies re-auditioning?

• Love 5
On 5/16/2020 at 8:27 PM, Holly85 said:

If they cut Jalyn that might be the last straw for me. She is talented, hasn't been an ambassador risk, and hasn't been on WW. They have no reason to cut her other than they don't like her. I hope if she's getting that sort of vibe she retires with her head held high.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Doubt if Kat is going anywhere. Honestly it’s safer to keep all the vets and fill the few spots with recruits so doubt there’s a bloodbath this year.

I agree. With everything so discombobulated, my guess is they keep all or most of the vets. I expect there have been or will be some behind-the-scenes conversations with some of the vets who would likely be cut (ie Christina, Jalyn, Meredith, Lily, Kat, possibly Savannah, would be my guesses) on the expectations if they return, etc., maybe to nudge them toward a graceful pre-TC exit via retiring vs. public humiliation of being a vet cut during TC on TV.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Nelliephant said:

If they cut Jalyn that might be the last straw for me. She is talented, hasn't been an ambassador risk, and hasn't been on WW. They have no reason to cut her other than they don't like her. I hope if she's getting that sort of vibe she retires with her head held high.

I didn’t say anything abt jayln 

13 minutes ago, Nelliephant said:

Sorry, my replies keep messing up, it comes up with my last message and won't let me delete the quote box.

It’s ok I was wondering I love jayln 🙂 

5 hours ago, ByTor said:

Same, I'll be shocked at a bloodbath.

I'm not sure if anyone confirmed this, are all rookies re-auditioning?

All are reauditioning, rumor is no one is getting cut 

• Useful 3
On 5/15/2020 at 10:59 PM, forumborum said:

I’m not a skilled techy person, has anyone seen the recent videos on Lisa’s IG?  Uncomfortably awkward .  

Yes very awkward!  I really wish she would be a one and done girl.  She is so fake to me.  I would of rather of seen Shaina or even Julia make the team instead of her.

• Love 9

I'd like to see how Meredith does this year.  There is something about her personality that I like.  She doesn't seem as if she has a mean bone in her body or has any agenda.  I don't want her cut.

There is so much about these girls that we never really get to see.   I would be great to hear "the rest of the story" on so many of them.

• Love 7

I thought last year twitter accounts were not closed until after finals.  As far as 1500 trying I can see that.  In fact all of us could have tried out whether a size 0 or a 28 to say it was on our bucket list & checked off.  On the podcast they spoke of the need to make yourself memorable with Kelly saying she would remember the girl with cows.  They have seen girls dancing outside, in garages, & even bathrooms.  It appears that of all of them, Kelly admitted to watching the fewest number.  Don’t forget Tuesday is the End of the Year banquet.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I'd like to see how Meredith does this year.  There is something about her personality that I like.  She doesn't seem as if she has a mean bone in her body or has any agenda.  I don't want her cut.

I can't "like" this post enough.  Go Meredith!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

There is so much about these girls that we never really get to see.   I would be great to hear "the rest of the story" on so many of them.

I kinda like her 'struggling dancer in NY' story, compared to the 'I was captain of my high school/college team'. I liked her last year but she didn't have the power. This year, she lost me slightly because she's overly-emotional and cries all the time. I don't think she was used to learning dances so quickly and having to have so many in her memory too! She's a mature, technical dancer so that might come this year. Maybe she's like a lot of the girls who improve hugely in their second year. 

• Love 6
(edited)
On 5/16/2020 at 5:18 AM, dreamcatcher said:

Honestly, I’m pretty sure she will be one of these alumnae that look much much better after retiring. She looks older than she is and that’s just her face, it’s not bad per se. But she will look much better and healthier once she’s allowed to gain some weight.

Erin’s transformation was much more impressive. Maddie needed confidence and that’s all she’s changed. Erin in just one year managed to completely change from a ballet dancer to a powerhouse. THAT is impressive.

Yeah well i’ve never been a fan anyway, but can hayley go away? It’s their team I get it, but on what authority is she participating in the podcast? Why can’t she even try to get a real job and then come back to the team to take over from her mommy when the time comes? At the end of the day, it’s what’s best for the company as well; if they’re going to place only family members in the top positions, they better make sure they have some experience to actually do their jobs.

Same goes for Sam. There are many qualified people out there to work on social media, why is Sam getting the role other than being the director’s daughter? 

Yeah, that segment would be great for the inevitable time when she gets GL, point and probowl. It would make more sense to show her “transformation”. No one cares about the road from tcc reject to rookie. Except for Tina and Kelli of course.

This one? She’s really annoying... I wouldn’t mind seeing her getting cut to be honest. She’s bff with VK though so she’s secure.

I despise the classes where they try to dance in heels....they just look trashy.  I've never been a fan of Lisa's either. 

On 5/16/2020 at 5:36 AM, Nelliephant said:

If they do cut vets this year, who do you think might be on the chopping block?

I'm thinking Lisa and Lily.

If they do cut any vets this time around then I think Lisa, Lily, Meredith and Kat are at risk.  I hate to even write that down because I like all of them except for Lisa.  I wouldn't mind if she didn't make it back.  Honestly, though, I don't think any vets will be cut because of how things are this year.  🙂

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 8
(edited)
3 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

I despise the classes where they try to dance in heels....they just look trashy.  I've never been a fan of Lisa's either. 

If they do cut any vets this time around then I think Lisa, Lily, Meredith and Kat are at risk.  I hate to even write that down because I like all of them except for Lisa.  I wouldn't mind if she didn't make it back.  Honestly, though, I don't think any vets will be cut because of how things are this year.  🙂

I don’t think any vets will be cut this year either due to the pandemic.  The only way I see that happening is if they really like someone’s look, dance, power and they can get feedback that a new girl can learn choreography really quick.  Otherwise, I see them being safe.  But even if they do cut vets, I think Kat will be safe.  I don’t follow DCC social media but just from what is shown here, it seems like Kat is very real, kinda goofy, relatable and I think her personality may keep her in.  Not to mention Kelli loves her look and I’m guessing her dancing has improved from last year.  She’s certainly a lot more engaging than Maddie and I can see her being a favorite on appearances. 

Edited by VintageJ
  • Love 9

"Awkwardly uncomfortable" is on point but just scratches the surface. That Lisa video is painful and unprofessional. For someone who is coming up on her second audition, she should be more aware of her presentation and being evaluated as an ambassador/representative of the organization. She came off so ditzy and seemed nearly hysterical a few times in this video. Part of my discomfort was a new level of me wondering, what is she like in person?--which I've wondered a good bit about her before this, in part based on the mean-girl rumors but also because she came across as soooo intense to me on the show. I wanted to like her because she seems to have a lot to offer--smart, driven, biomedical engineering degree, powerful dancer, bilingual, Alanna seems to like her--but this video finally pushed me to the "no" side for Lisa and it should put her on Kelli's radar. Not only does she come off so strangely here, her outfit is ridiculous and brings me right back to wondering why/how she's not more aware that the social media postings they're doing are going to be considered when evaluating the rookies coming up on their second auditions. I mean, this is right on top of auditions, and frankly, DCC should know to treat their whole rookie year like an audition. She seems to think she looks cute and funky, but her outfit looked sloppy and far less than glam girl-next-door. Those shorts could hardly have bigger slits in them to show off more leg, the Flashdance sweatshirt with the hair and the hat looked a mess, and with those heels, ugh. Even allowing for the heels reference in the song as justification, just no. If you want to dance in heels, don't wear such hoochie mamma shorts. Don't get me wrong: I love me a Flashdance sweatshirt or T-shirt! But even with a body like hers, I would not put it together with an outfit like that, especially if someone else like my boss were going to see me in it. Guess I had pretty strong feelings about this video. 😅

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

So If Tuesday is the end of year banquet, I wonder who will get Veteran of the Year and Rookie of the Year? 🤔

Vet of the Year: I'd love to see Heather get it a second time! 

Rookie of the Year: I'm going with Chandi or Kelsey. I think Lily could be a dark horse candidate, since her teammates think so highly of her, and I'm hoping it's not You Know Who.

• Love 8
21 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Let's face it, if Kelli wants more redheads or any other hair color, then Marshal, and the Tangerine people will do it.  I just wish that there was a salon that was allied with DCC for the women of color, or those with curly or other textures of hair.     

I just watched the episode with Alexandra (season 8, maybe?) and they DEFINITELY brought in someone special to work with her hair.  And truly, they should, because extensive training for textured hair is no joke, and you want someone who isn't going to screw up someone's natural hair.  Which takes me back to everyone at Tangerine freaking out about Yuko's hair.  You can tell when people don't get out of their usual wheelhouse very often.  At any rate, I had to snicker at Kelli's level of ridiculous when she was saying it was the first time she had heard things like "unit" and "weave queen."  They've had plenty of ladies with extensions and weaves since she's been doing makeovers, but okay girl!  

2 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I kinda like her 'struggling dancer in NY' story, compared to the 'I was captain of my high school/college team'. I liked her last year but she didn't have the power. This year, she lost me slightly because she's overly-emotional and cries all the time. I don't think she was used to learning dances so quickly and having to have so many in her memory too! She's a mature, technical dancer so that might come this year. Maybe she's like a lot of the girls who improve hugely in their second year. 

Maybe it'll be similar to Savannah.  She'll never be the strongest in DCC style despite her technical background, but has really improved over the years and she blends in just fine.  Plus, great on appearances and probably Camp DCC, etc. as well.

• Love 5
(edited)
31 minutes ago, M1977G said:

"Awkwardly uncomfortable" is on point but just scratches the surface. That Lisa video is painful and unprofessional. For someone who is coming up on her second audition, she should be more aware of her presentation and being evaluated as an ambassador/representative of the organization. She came off so ditzy and seemed nearly hysterical a few times in this video. Part of my discomfort was a new level of me wondering, what is she like in person?--which I've wondered a good bit about her before this, in part based on the mean-girl rumors but also because she came across as soooo intense to me on the show. I wanted to like her because she seems to have a lot to offer--smart, driven, biomedical engineering degree, powerful dancer, bilingual, Alanna seems to like her--but this video finally pushed me to the "no" side for Lisa and it should put her on Kelli's radar. Not only does she come off so strangely here, her outfit is ridiculous and brings me right back to wondering why/how she's not more aware that the social media postings they're doing are going to be considered when evaluating the rookies coming up on their second auditions. I mean, this is right on top of auditions, and frankly, DCC should know to treat their whole rookie year like an audition. She seems to think she looks cute and funky, but her outfit looked sloppy and far less than glam girl-next-door. Those shorts could hardly have bigger slits in them to show off more leg, the Flashdance sweatshirt with the hair and the hat looked a mess, and with those heels, ugh. Even allowing for the heels reference in the song as justification, just no. If you want to dance in heels, don't wear such hoochie mamma shorts. Don't get me wrong: I love me a Flashdance sweatshirt or T-shirt! But even with a body like hers, I would not put it together with an outfit like that, especially if someone else like my boss were going to see me in it. Guess I had pretty strong feelings about this video. 😅

its just fun dance class nothing to be taken serious !!! and also she isn't the only former mavs dancer that was toxic to behonest the whole mavs team was toxic mean girls 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 1
45 minutes ago, VintageJ said:

I don’t think any vets will be cut this year either due to the pandemic.  The only way I see that happening is if they really like someone’s look, dance, power and they can get feedback that a new girl can learn choreography really quick.  Otherwise, I see them being safe.  But even if they do cut vets, I thin Kat will be safe.  I don’t follow DCC social media but just from what is shown here, it seems like Kat is very real, kinda goofy, relatable and I think her personality may keep her in.  Not to mention Kelli loves her look and I’m guessing her dancing has improved from last year.  She’s certainly a lot more engaging than Maddie and I can see her being a favorite on appearances. 

I like Kat...she's kind of won me over. She definitely has personality 🙂 

• Love 11
24 minutes ago, M1977G said:

Vet of the Year: I'd love to see Heather get it a second time! 

Rookie of the Year: I'm going with Chandi or Kelsey. I think Lily could be a dark horse candidate, since her teammates think so highly of her, and I'm hoping it's not You Know Who.

I'd like to see Bridget, Amber, Ashlee, get Veteran of the Year.  I feel like those were the standouts this year to me. 

Rookie of the Year:  Kelsey or Chandi.  I think Amanda or you know who will get it though lol

• Love 7
(edited)

Lisa is off-putting. Also, the fact that none of the group leaders gave her a sticker last year when she was clearly one of the better dancers in that rookie class makes me think that’s there’s definitely truth to the “mean girl” rumors. Yet, none of the group leaders from last year seem to be super strong personalities, and Lexie and Alexis, two of the senior members on the team, are both former Mavs, and have themselves been labeled as “mean girls” on here. So, for all I know (and I only know what is posted here), it could just be a situation where everyone was toxic on that Mavs team, and Lisa was just on the wrong side from some current DCCs. Certainly, would not be the first time that’s happened on a team. Who knows however. Dance-wise, there are several girls that should be on the chopping block before her, so if she is in jeopardy, I have to assume it’s due to toxicity/bad team dynamics.

Edited by Jess14
Added a word for clarity
  • Love 12

Lily, Meredith, and Kat are who I see at risk.  Kat's in poor taste post making fun of Texan's as hicks when she got her driver's license makes me think she is an ambassador risk and she is not a great dancer.  Meredith struggled all camp last year and Lily still looks frozen.  I like the three of them but if some new people really bring it they could be at risk.  Meredith and Kat are seen as very photogenic however there will be lots of new pretty girls.  Kristen struggled with being soft last year during training camp but she looked fine this year and they like the sign language hook.

I hope the rumors Christina is retiring are true.  I rooted for her in the past but she has had 3 good years.  Her solos and the rest of her final auditions are never great and last year in training camp she was struggling.  She needs to move on with her life.  She has reached her dream and she is not going to be an assistant group leader or show group or move up in the triangle.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TUOwl84 said:

So If Tuesday is the end of year banquet, I wonder who will get Veteran of the Year and Rookie of the Year? 🤔

Victoria, I'm sure she'll somehow get both 😂

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Love the comment Lily made about Brianna.  Not the kind of comment I'd expect to see made in regards to Vic.

brianna.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 10.16.27 AM.png

To be fair, though...VK is 19?  Brianna is 30?  LOTS of time to gain maturity in 11 years.  

She might not ever gain that maturity, but there are a lot of challenging life lessons in that span of time.  And Brianna might just be exceptional in all ways, which is sounds like Lily is pointing out here.  (And good for her!)

This is why I like a balance of ages and lifestyles represented on the squad.  You'll have your spoiled gals who never really had to work and lived in the studio, those without training who just love to dance and share their natural gifts, some grown ass women with careers who are in this for the fitness and performance, instagram influencers, etc.  Variety is the spice.

• Love 16
11 minutes ago, kalibean said:

To be fair, though...VK is 19?  Brianna is 30?  LOTS of time to gain maturity in 11 years.  

She might not ever gain that maturity, but there are a lot of challenging life lessons in that span of time.  And Brianna might just be exceptional in all ways, which is sounds like Lily is pointing out here.  (And good for her!)

You make a valid point but I've seen far too much nepotism and allowances made for Vic.  That type of treatment at her age does her no favors.  I also still find it extremely odd she never had any BFFs from the squad photos to share.  I just don't see Vic ever going out of her privileged way to selflessly help someone else.  But that's just me. 🤷‍♀️

• Love 11
37 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Love the comment Lily made about Brianna.  Not the kind of comment I'd expect to see made in regards to Vic.

brianna.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 10.16.27 AM.png

I love Briana! She is my second fave, only behind Brennan 🙂

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

LOL she's Brennan's friend so I like her by default 😄 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, kalibean said:

I just watched the episode with Alexandra (season 8, maybe?) and they DEFINITELY brought in someone special to work with her hair.  And truly, they should, because extensive training for textured hair is no joke, and you want someone who isn't going to screw up someone's natural hair.  Which takes me back to everyone at Tangerine freaking out about Yuko's hair.  You can tell when people don't get out of their usual wheelhouse very often.  At any rate, I had to snicker at Kelli's level of ridiculous when she was saying it was the first time she had heard things like "unit" and "weave queen."  They've had plenty of ladies with extensions and weaves since she's been doing makeovers, but okay girl!  

Maybe it'll be similar to Savannah.  She'll never be the strongest in DCC style despite her technical background, but has really improved over the years and she blends in just fine.  Plus, great on appearances and probably Camp DCC, etc. as well.

To me, I've not seen as big an improvement for Savannah as I would like. She was called out for mistakes a lot in her second year (when Tara got cut) and still looks super awkward in hip-hop and some contemporary styles.

However, she's good in DCC style and lyrical. I'd say she's like Miranda and Alexis to me; they're all there more for their other attributes rather than for their dance skills. 

• Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, kalibean said:

This is why I like a balance of ages and lifestyles represented on the squad.  You'll have your spoiled gals who never really had to work and lived in the studio, those without training who just love to dance and share their natural gifts, some grown ass women with careers who are in this for the fitness and performance, instagram influencers, etc.  Variety is the spice.

Was going to point something out but ...never mind .....

Edited by H3705
Changed my mind
3 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

I think they are definitely the argument to have some "older" girls on the squad. They bring so much maturity to the team and just seem so put together and sure if themselves, class acts.

• Love 15
On 5/17/2020 at 2:08 PM, forumborum said:

Lisa will never be cut, she has ingrained herself just as she has previously with the Mavs.  She is the fly in the wall if you know what I mean 😎 .  

Yeah I’ve heard some of that here, I don’t really think she’s at risk from her dancing though. I enjoy watching her, I just worry with some of the rumors that she’s not a great teammate. 

6 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

Tbh I would love to see Briana get VOTY

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, PepperM said:

Yeah I’ve heard some of that here, I don’t really think she’s at risk from her dancing though. I enjoy watching her, I just worry with some of the rumors that she’s not a great teammate. 

I wouldn't mind Briana winning VOTY either.

Lisa though, I'm not a fan of.  Never have been.

• Love 5
(edited)
15 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Which cheerleader on the current team is a graduate of University Of Ky?  Lily Johnson? 

Wonder if this was going on when she was there? 

https://spectrumnews1.com/ky/louisville/news/2020/05/18/kentucky-cheerl-investigation

I'm sure it was....and good for UK on firing the whole crew!

10 hours ago, PepperM said:

Brennan or Briana...either would be my choice 🙂 

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 6
31 minutes ago, VintageJ said:

I’ll add Ashlee

Oh yeh...she would be a good choice as well!! There are several that I think would be a good fit for the award (not just the "most" senior vet). 

17 hours ago, ByTor said:

Wow, Kat looks SOOOO much better without the wigs!

image.png.61e6590efb78c3f524895046ec639457.png

OMgosh...I know! When I saw this come in her "My Story"...I didn't think it was her.  She is STUNNING with her natural hair!! (ok she's stunning regardless but I love the natural look!) 😉

• Love 7

Kat is a beautiful girl. Honestly, I was doubting they were going to cut many because of everything going on, but who knows?

Kat has grown on me. I think she has a fun personality, and she beautiful. 

VOTY and ROTY I Hope are Amanda (I absolutely adore her!) and Vet I am not sure???  I love Bridget, Gina, Hannah, Brennan, Jalyn, and I’d be okay with any of them. 

I’m back in the hospital so I had time to reply. Anyone who has followed “my story” knows it’s been a long four year journey. This is my escape. I don’t see a lot of old faces here, but I hope everyone is doing okay.

• Love 20
15 minutes ago, tteek74 said:

Kat is a beautiful girl. Honestly, I was doubting they were going to cut many because of everything going on, but who knows?

Kat has grown on me. I think she has a fun personality, and she beautiful. 

VOTY and ROTY I Hope are Amanda (I absolutely adore her!) and Vet I am not sure???  I love Bridget, Gina, Hannah, Brennan, Jalyn, and I’d be okay with any of them. 

I’m back in the hospital so I had time to reply. Anyone who has followed “my story” knows it’s been a long four year journey. This is my escape. I don’t see a lot of old faces here, but I hope everyone is doing okay.

And I hope you are doing ok ....lots of hugs and prayers heading your way...from a safe social distance!! 🙂  

• Love 9