Type keyword(s) to search

Current Team Updates and Social Media

charappleby
  • Start Topic

9 hours ago, Jennv said:

I could do without another year of Maddie. I think she is fine for the team, but as point? Hell no. I would put almost any of the other 36 girls there before her. I don't get why everyone on the facebook group thinks she shits gold and farts rainbows. It must be the underdog/ comeback girl storyline. 

Thank you! I completely agree. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jennv said:

She just isn't particularly pretty, imo. People say Gina doesn't have the "face" for point, but I think she is light years more attractive than Daphne. In a few years Daphne will look like that middle aged, skinny blonde that worked for Trump. I forget her name, she is skinny and haggard looking.

EDIT: Kellyanne Conway

I like Daphne, thinks she is pretty and talented, seems nice but you’re spot on. She just Looks like she’s been through hell most of the time. Not fresh and spiffy at all. 

• Love 3
(edited)
11 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

I would assume that a lot of the ladies auditioning would use this option if they knew about it.  Heck, I actually stayed in a "corporate apartment" when I visited my younger brother at college back in the day 🙂

VRBO and Air B&B have made these options even easier, honestly. Plenty of them are available in 30 day increments too. They stick out to me in the candidate segments, but some are def less generic than others! 

For those of you not located in DFW, I can’t emphasize enough how corporate the area around The Star is. JCPenney used to own a ton of the area south of 121 (there used to be wild horses on campus) but sold a lot off with their financial troubles. Toyota moved their US headquarters to a portion of that land, plus around there is Perot Systems, Keurig Dr Pepper, Crossmark, Rentacenter, Yum Brands, etc. There’s literally a “Headquarters Drive” in Plano. And dear God the traffic. I lived five miles from work and it still took me 30 minutes with all the dang stop lights.

It’s a very shiny and new part of town, and The Star added a lot of sparkle to Frisco in particular. 

Edited by kalibean
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Maddie comes off like she can’t complete a sentence in every single interview and podcast. honestly comes off to me as kinda low aptitude. Do not understand at all why they adore her dancewise, image wise or lack of personality wise.  

I’ve only seen that one interview, but yeah, you summed it up perfectly.  It was shocking that Kelli would have her on that interview. I am sure she could have found someone better.  It was painful  

I get what TPTB saw at first. Someone who took notes from the first training camp and came back like a totally different person. Someone who was more confident in their dance and with a different look. It was a perfect example of how to be that comeback girl.  That perfect example now belongs to Erin. But I get it as far as that is concerned.  She showed much more personality when she was trying to make the team. 

Image wise, she’s your innocent looking girl next door that they like, I guess.  Dance wise, I’m not a trained dancer but I know that hip hop version is soft.  But in DCC world, as long as you impress Kelli and Charlotte, then you’re good.

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, VintageJ said:

I’ve only seen that one interview, but yeah, you summed it up perfectly.  It was shocking that Kelli would have her on that interview. I am sure she could have found someone better.  It was painful  

I get what TPTB saw at first. Someone who took notes from the first training camp and came back like a totally different person. Someone who was more confident in their dance and with a different look. It was a perfect example of how to be that comeback girl.  That perfect example now belongs to Erin. But I get it as far as that is concerned.  She showed much more personality when she was trying to make the team. 

Image wise, she’s your innocent looking girl next door that they like, I guess.  Dance wise, I’m not a trained dancer but I know that hip hop version is soft.  But in DCC world, as long as you impress Kelli and Charlotte, then you’re good.

Yep, I saw the initial appeal as well, but a comeback story doesn’t necessarily translate to “star of the team” appeal, IMO (I say this being fully aware that she does have a lot of fans). I’ve always thought that Maddie badly lacked extension. Her legs never look fully straight to me, but “Hip Hop Maddie” is what totally turned me off. The first year she did her finals routine, it was kinda cute, but the second year with the judges fawning all over her average-at-best hip hop.... nope, that was it for me. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Yep, I saw the initial appeal as well, but a comeback story doesn’t necessarily translate to “star of the team” appeal, IMO (I say this being fully aware that she does have a lot of fans). I’ve always thought that Maddie badly lacked extension. Her legs never look fully straight to me, but “Hip Hop Maddie” is what totally turned me off. The first year she did her finals routine, it was kinda cute, but the second year with the judges fawning all over her average-at-best hip hop.... nope, that was it for me. 

Exactly. She is definitely not the “star” to me either and I say this as a Maddie fan. I like her. But she is not media ready, that’s for sure.  I can’t remember if I’m thinking of Jen or Erica, but a lot of people felt she came off as a know it all or something. Anyway, I just remember her coming off as extremely well spoken. Someone they knew they could trust to give a well thought out response, was articulate, and toed the company line (at least then). 

You definitely cannot trust Maddie with a speaking engagement. 

And I almost forgot, but yeah, the judges damn near dying over the hip hop was comical. 

Edited by VintageJ
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, VintageJ said:

Exactly. She is definitely not the “star” to me either and I say this as a Maddie fan. I like her. But she is not media ready, that’s for sure.  I can’t remember if I’m thinking of Jen or Erica, but a lot of people felt she came off as a know it all or something. Anyway, I just remember her coming off as extremely well spoken. Someone they knew they could trust to give a well thought out response, was articulate, and toed the company line (at least then). 

You definitely cannot trust Maddie with a speaking engagement. 

Jenn...she’s definitely rehearsed in her answers, but she would never embarrass them or flounder in an interview. 

• Love 4
On 5/14/2020 at 3:44 AM, UnicornKicksBack said:

(I don't want to quote but it won't let me delete it from an old reply I didn't post)

Does anyone know where the triangle formation was posted ages ago? I was on the hunt for it so I can conspiracy theorise for next year but can't find it.

• LOL 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Jenn...she’s definitely rehearsed in her answers, but she would never embarrass them or flounder in an interview. 

Agreed! That phrasing reminded me of Ashley Paige and how I think she was robbed by never making the squad. Maybe they just wanted to say the DCC is so elite they turn down pro bowl cheerleaders from other teams. She did have some stiffness about her style, but would have been an excellent teammate and I think she would have relaxed once she made it. 

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Agreed! That phrasing reminded me of Ashley Paige and how I think she was robbed by never making the squad. Maybe they just wanted to say the DCC is so elite they turn down pro bowl cheerleaders from other teams. She did have some stiffness about her style, but would have been an excellent teammate and I think she would have relaxed once she made it. 

She "waddled" 🙄

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Lona said:

Sorry, I know it's a rant but after taking a look at that channel it's insane lol.

It brings publicity to the show.  You'll notice it's the DCC MTT IG account, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube channel, etc - how many promos, pics, videos, posts, etc have come out from them featuring Victoria?  How many before last season even started?  And then how many comments, discussions, arguments, etc?  Whether you like her or not, she's their unofficial "star" - a bigger star than the one in Frisco, but don't tell Charlotte:)

• Love 1
16 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

I like Daphne, thinks she is pretty and talented, seems nice but you’re spot on. She just Looks like she’s been through hell most of the time. Not fresh and spiffy at all. 

Honestly, I’m pretty sure she will be one of these alumnae that look much much better after retiring. She looks older than she is and that’s just her face, it’s not bad per se. But she will look much better and healthier once she’s allowed to gain some weight.

16 hours ago, VintageJ said:

Erin’s transformation was much more impressive. Maddie needed confidence and that’s all she’s changed. Erin in just one year managed to completely change from a ballet dancer to a powerhouse. THAT is impressive.

15 hours ago, meb1130 said:

Even though we already knew that still sad to hear. I really liked the.  

maybe this rubbed me wrong because I am a healthcare worker, but did you hear that Hayley said they made people coming to visit them get COVID tested so they didn’t pass it on to her and her family. It’s amazing what privilege and money buys you.  I’m not against them having people over, there has been such a shortage of test and people that truly need one can’t get one and yet they are making people get tested so they can have company over.   I lost all respect for the Jones family.  Those tests should go to people that truly needed them.  I think she was it was 9 people that got tested what a waste.   Sorry the rant that just rubbed me the wrong way.  

Yeah well i’ve never been a fan anyway, but can hayley go away? It’s their team I get it, but on what authority is she participating in the podcast? Why can’t she even try to get a real job and then come back to the team to take over from her mommy when the time comes? At the end of the day, it’s what’s best for the company as well; if they’re going to place only family members in the top positions, they better make sure they have some experience to actually do their jobs.

Same goes for Sam. There are many qualified people out there to work on social media, why is Sam getting the role other than being the director’s daughter? 

6 hours ago, Lona said:

OK so I don't really visit the YouTube channel that much, except to watch that video so I didn't realize just how ridiculous the whole thing is.

You're telling me Victoria got a "Then & Now" special before, and I'm only naming a few here:

• Abigail Klein
  • Michelle Keys
  • Sydney "wasn't she there for like 7 seasons?" Durso
  • Mia Greenhouse
  • Nicole Bulcher
  • Ashton Torres
  • Brittney Schram
  • Jacie Scott
  • Jenna Jackson
  • Jenn K
  • Jinelle
  • Lacey
  • Melissa Wallace
  • Point Amy
  • Amy T
  • Megan C
  • Heather O
  • Tasha
  • Kelsey
  • Point Madeline (I checked, her's came after the great Victoria lol)
  • Gina
  • Brennan
  • Gabby (no I'm still not over it stop looking at me funny 😂)

All have better "journeys" than Victoria and I don't think you could make an argument that she's a better dancer than any of them.

Heck, if we're even going by the whole "what a journey" crap then pick a better example. Heck, even Kristin Dodd was in the same S13 training camp as Victoria and came back to earn a spot. And that was after years of trying and practicing on other professional squads. Madeline Molloy? Erin? Sorry, I know it's a rant but after taking a look at that channel it's insane lol.

Yeah, that segment would be great for the inevitable time when she gets GL, point and probowl. It would make more sense to show her “transformation”. No one cares about the road from tcc reject to rookie. Except for Tina and Kelli of course.

6 hours ago, forumborum said:

I’m not a skilled techy person, has anyone seen the recent videos on Lisa’s IG?  Uncomfortably awkward .  

This one? She’s really annoying... I wouldn’t mind seeing her getting cut to be honest. She’s bff with VK though so she’s secure.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Erin’s transformation was much more impressive. Maddie needed confidence and that’s all she’s changed. Erin in just one year managed to completely change from a ballet dancer to a powerhouse. THAT is impressive.

I've such a girl crush on Erin! Coming from a ballet background myself, I always struggled with power myself until I started taking more classes in other styles. She worked her arse off for an entire year and came back as her A++ self. 

Gone were the memory mistakes and balance issues, in with power and projection! She simply must be on SG this season! 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

She worked her arse off for an entire year and came back as her A++ self. 

When you think about it, a year really isn't all that long.  Her turn-around was quite incredible!

27 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

It is crazy not to have her in SG. 

Makes me wonder if she asked to not be considered for SG because of work obligations, because you're right, it seems like she should be a shoo-in.

• Love 14
6 hours ago, Nelliephant said:

If they do cut vets this year, who do you think might be on the chopping block?

I'm thinking Lisa and Lily.

Meredith and kat 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I completely agree.  

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

Meredith and kat 

I think they're two of the weakest but Kat is all over all of the DCC socials and posters for auditions and Meredith is Kelly's absolute fave. 

Personally, I'm not really a fan of many of this year's rookies! I'd only keep Amanda, Chandi, Kelcey and possibly Kristin (if she can keep off WW). I genuinely think this was one of the weakest rookie classes they've had in a while. I'm keeping quiet on the whole VK saga. If you don't have anything nice to say...

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

I think they're two of the weakest but Kat is all over all of the DCC socials and posters for auditions and Meredith is Kelly's absolute fave. 

Personally, I'm not really a fan of many of this year's rookies! I'd only keep Amanda, Chandi, Kelcey and possibly Kristin (if she can keep off WW). I genuinely think this was one of the weakest rookie classes they've had in a while. I'm keeping quiet on the whole VK saga. If you don't have anything nice to say...

I think there will be quit a few cuts at finals/training camp 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Really? I think the opposite, given the circumstances right now. Unless they gain a tonne of weight or still have memory/power issues, they'll be fine.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

Really? I think the opposite, given the circumstances right now. Unless they gain a tonne of weight or still have memory/power issues, they'll be fine.

Apprently they had 1500 plus people audition 

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, Nelliephant said:

Wow, although that doesn't surprise me. It's a lot less commitment sending in a video than traveling to Dallas.

Exactly.  Definitely cheaper.

• Love 4
On 5/15/2020 at 11:21 AM, UnicornKicksBack said:

I believe the phrase y’all are looking for is, Rode hard and put away wet.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Personally, I'm not really a fan of many of this year's rookies! I'd only keep Amanda, Chandi, Kelcey and possibly Kristin (if she can keep off WW)

Sorry if I missed this, but was Kristin on WW this season, or is your comment speculation? I try to give her a pass because I'm impressed by her as a person, but she came back looking soft to me, even though I don't recall K, J, or C being dissatisfied with her figure.

• Love 5
On 5/15/2020 at 1:07 PM, VintageJ said:

Maddie is obedient and doesn’t cause trouble. She gets rewarded for that.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Meleighsa said:

Sorry if I missed this, but was Kristin on WW this season, or is your comment speculation? I try to give her a pass because I'm impressed by her as a person, but she came back looking soft to me, even though I don't recall K, J, or C being dissatisfied with her figure.

I didn’t mean now, I meant in the future. I thought she looked softer going into TC this season but then her weight seems to fluctuate a little. 

I think she’s a great woman with so much going for her, a real asset to the team in terms of accessibility and diversity. 

• Love 7
17 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Wonder if that a like the “we have over 600+ girls auditioning this year!  The competition is tough and they are the strongest group yet !  “ 😂😂😂. And the fact is there are only 100-150 trying out .

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, forumborum said:

Wonder if that a like the “we have over 600+ girls auditioning this year!  The competition is tough and they are the strongest group yet !  “ 😂😂😂. And the fact is there are only 100-150 trying out .

Right? If the source for that number id Kelli or Charlotte, then I don't believe it for a minute

• Love 2
(edited)
21 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I would believe it this year.  No flight, hotel, special $300 audition outfit costs (I believe Kelli said somewhere not to worry about that).  That makes it infinitely more affordable for more ladies to audition.

Edited by go4luca
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 5/16/2020 at 5:36 AM, Nelliephant said:

If they do cut vets this year, who do you think might be on the chopping block?

I'm thinking Lisa and Lily.

I think Meredith, Kat, and Lily, and maybe Kristin? I think they all kinda made it by small margins and could get out danced this year. I think Lisa’s power and projection will put her through unless she gains weight, but she’s constantly working out so I don’t see that happening. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, forumborum said:

No chance in hell they have that many legit submissions, since they’ve been promoting the auditions SO hard until the very end and it seemed really desperate. I’m sure they got more candidates than in the past year and sorry to say it, but it looks like girls that have very slim chances to make it took advantage of the no-cost process (and the low risk they’d be humiliated) and went for it. It’s not necessarily bad, but this doesn’t mean that they got more “good” candidates than the previous years.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, PepperM said:

I think Meredith, Kat, and Lily, and maybe Kristin? I think they all kinda made it by small margins and could get out danced this year. I think Lisa’s power and projection will put her through unless she gains weight, but she’s constantly working out so I don’t see that happening. 

Lisa will never be cut, she has ingrained herself just as she has previously with the Mavs.  She is the fly in the wall if you know what I mean 😎 .  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

My guess is out of 1500 audition submissions, that 1400 will be tossed.   I bet a lot are bucket list people, and those who wouldn't even have gone to Dallas to audition.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, forumborum said:
On 5/16/2020 at 3:27 PM, Holly85 said:

Wonder if that a like the “we have over 600+ girls auditioning this year!

I asked Marshall on Facebook, he confirmed about 1,200.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
On 5/16/2020 at 12:07 PM, Holly85 said:

Rookies? I'm thinking that with 30ish vets returning and knowing they have All Stars to put in for those 6-7 open spots, they can be REALLY choosy for this season's rookie TC class. I have to think it would take a HUGE screw up from a vet to get cut at finals or during Training Camp.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Nene said:

Rookies? I'm thinking that with 30ish vets returning and knowing they have All Stars to put in for those 6-7 open spots, they can be REALLY choosy for this season's rookie TC class. I have to think it would take a HUGE screw up from a vet to get cut at finals or during Training Camp.

They didn't use All Stars last year.  Shelly said it costs more to use an All Star in a game, so I would think they are trying to move away from that.  And if it's true that over 1500 auditioned, there should be plenty of potential rookies.

• Love 2
On 5/13/2020 at 10:41 AM, Jennv said:

i think Maddie is a very boring point, and I'm cringing at the thought of another year, or 2 or 3, of her as point. 

I love Maddie and I have loved her STORY since she returned the second year. However (and I say this as someone who falls over her own feet walking), she's never struck me as being a powerhouse dancer and if it's glamour you are looking for, she's not the gal to bring it. She has always come off as a more tomboy type of personality and physique (which is expected, she grew up in her mom's dance studio). She also has appeared to have a slight jiggle a couple of times, I think at last year's field audition (?) she was a little "fluffy." I was not impressed with either Amy or Maddie at point this season. I expect you're right though about her having a hold on that point spot. I wonder if they'll have a backup since Maddie has had a recurring hamstring injury? IF Bridget (the OBVIOUS point and/or backup, IMHO) is retiring, that gives TPTB the perfect excuse to slide their little pet VK into the backup spot and then into point.

5 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

They didn't use All Stars last year.  Shelly said it costs more to use an All Star in a game, so I would think they are trying to move away from that.  And if it's true that over 1500 auditioned, there should be plenty of potential rookies.

And God help us if the uber-wealthy Jones family had to pay extra for an All Star! Char and her kiddies might have to cut their Med cruise on the family's $250 mil super yacht a day short.

• Love 10
On 5/4/2020 at 10:22 PM, Blue hues said:

Well it’s not a stretch to see her on Willy Wonkas scale, or flopped across Kelli’s workspace since she didn’t get what she wanted...

Her non-waterproof mascara and eyelash extensions streaming down her face ...

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

This might have (and surely HAS) been asked and answered but I couldn't find it with a quick scroll. How many vets, as of the close of the first round auditions, are DEFINITELY retiring? And how many have definitely stated they will return? Please and thank you very much! Also, you all are wonderful! I enjoy this forum SO MUCH!

On 5/16/2020 at 10:52 AM, Holly85 said:

Meredith and kat 

Christina, Lily, Jalyn.

Meredith has a guaranteed spot due to her Jones family connections. I'd say Kat might be one of the "on the bubble" storylines but gets back on the team for the sake of diversity and being a foil, with her slightly ditzy, outgoing personality, to make VK appear mature and grown-up.

I am really curious to see if Christina and Brennan try out for another season, especially Christina, who appeared to have struggled performance-wise and in balancing her full-time job with her DCC TC obligations.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Nene said:

This might have (and surely HAS) been asked and answered but I couldn't find it with a quick scroll. How many vets, as of the close of the first round auditions, are DEFINITELY retiring? And how many have definitely stated they will return? Please and thank you very much! Also, you all are wonderful! I enjoy this forum SO MUCH!

There have been three confirmed that I know of for sure from the people themselves.  Heather and Amy are for sure confirmed and either Molly or Miranda (can't remember which).  Someone mentioned that, on one of the podcasts, Kelli said that there were 31 vets confirmed returning, then later said there were 30 confirmed so we'll have 7 people NOT coming back, but only 3 for sure.  The other 4, plus any possible veteran cuts, are up in the air at the moment.

1 minute ago, Nene said:

Christina, Lily, Jalyn.

Meredith has a guaranteed spot due to her Jones family connections. I'd say Kat might be one of the "on the bubble" storylines but gets back on the team for the sake of diversity and being a foil, with her slightly ditzy, outgoing personality, to make VK appear mature and grown-up.

I am really curious to see if Christina and Brennan try out for another season, especially Christina, who appeared to have struggled performance-wise and in balancing her full-time job with her DCC TC obligations.

Every year, I hope that Christina gets cut, ahem "retires", but every year she keeps coming back so I won't believe she'll be leaving the team until she's actually gone and stays gone.  Thus, despite the fact that her solos are absolutely ABYSMAL and she's so boring that she makes vanilla look exciting and fresh, she's practically guaranteed a spot unless she completely borks things.  I also agree that Meredith will like stay unless both Charlotte and Kelli are bored with her already, don't like her constant memory mistakes and that she seems to be resting on said connections (and her looks) to stay on the team.  Jalyn, I think is one of the girls to be most at risk given how everything happened around the time of Show Group auditions.  She may or may not be one of the people retiring because she KNOWS Kelli is looking for a reason to cut her and that Kelli will either find one or make up something that she thinks people will believe and that won't cause an uproar on social media.

If all were fair, I would think that Victoria, Lily, Meredith, Kat and possibly Kristen are all shots for being cut, but, since all is NOT fair, Victoria will not only be safe, she'll be promoted beyond any other second year vet and have a spot in the triangle and possibly be the one to rotate into the point spot.  After all, there were two points last year so Maddie will get Amy's portion and Victoria will take over Maddie's portion. 

Oh crap.  I did it again, didn't I?  I gave them ideas.  *headdesk*  When will I LEARN?

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

There have been three confirmed that I know of for sure from the people themselves.  Heather and Amy are for sure confirmed and either Molly or Miranda (can't remember which).  Someone mentioned that, on one of the podcasts, Kelli said that there were 31 vets confirmed returning, then later said there were 30 confirmed so we'll have 7 people NOT coming back, but only 3 for sure.  The other 4, plus any possible veteran cuts, are up in the air at the moment.

Every year, I hope that Christina gets cut, ahem "retires", but every year she keeps coming back so I won't believe she'll be leaving the team until she's actually gone and stays gone.  Thus, despite the fact that her solos are absolutely ABYSMAL and she's so boring that she makes vanilla look exciting and fresh, she's practically guaranteed a spot unless she completely borks things.  I also agree that Meredith will like stay unless both Charlotte and Kelli are bored with her already, don't like her constant memory mistakes and that she seems to be resting on said connections (and her looks) to stay on the team.  Jalyn, I think is one of the girls to be most at risk given how everything happened around the time of Show Group auditions.  She may or may not be one of the people retiring because she KNOWS Kelli is looking for a reason to cut her and that Kelli will either find one or make up something that she thinks people will believe and that won't cause an uproar on social media.

If all were fair, I would think that Victoria, Lily, Meredith, Kat and possibly Kristen are all shots for being cut, but, since all is NOT fair, Victoria will not only be safe, she'll be promoted beyond any other second year vet and have a spot in the triangle and possibly be the one to rotate into the point spot.  After all, there were two points last year so Maddie will get Amy's portion and Victoria will take over Maddie's portion. 

Oh crap.  I did it again, didn't I?  I gave them ideas.  *headdesk*  When will I LEARN?

Lol! Molly mentioned on one of her IG posts that she's retiring this year, which made me sad, because she has always been one of my favorites.

Honestly, I have to agree with you about Christina too. I like her story and her perseverance but it always perplexes me when these girls try out for SO LONG, through a process that is s physically, mentally and emotionally grueling, MAKE it through Training Camp and onto the team, then either let themselves go physically and/or collapse performance-wise or fall back into the same habits that got them cut from TC or auditions before.

• Love 1