Type keyword(s) to search

Current Team Updates and Social Media

charappleby
  • Start Topic

17 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Her precision and extensions are 😍😍😍

2 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

Oh yeh...she would be a good choice as well!! There are several that I think would be a good fit for the award (not just the "most" senior vet). 

OMgosh...I know! When I saw this come in her "My Story"...I didn't think it was her.  She is STUNNING with her natural hair!! (ok she's stunning regardless but I love the natural look!) 😉

Def looks younger and fresher with her real hair. I think she may be the prettiest one on the team at the moment. 

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

#teamjalyn

I like Jalyn but watching this earlier all I could think about was why didn't she wear a headband of some sort to keep her hair back?  I can't stand to have my hair in my face while washing it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

#teamjalyn

#TeamJalyn always
She is so gracious. Her movements are so refined. I don't know how to explain it, but the way she moves is the same way how dances. So much control. She is such a great dancer. I hope that she knows how much she is appreciated.

• Love 19
On 5/18/2020 at 11:22 AM, Holly85 said:

its just fun dance class nothing to be taken serious !!! and also she isn't the only former mavs dancer that was toxic to behonest the whole mavs team was toxic mean girls 

Not necessarily.  The director was the mean girl.  A lot of nice girls who were great dancers left because of her.  The new director is a blessing!

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Bennie said:

Not necessarily.  The director was the mean girl.  A lot of nice girls who were great dancers left because of her.  The new director is a blessing!

Ok!! Can you give an update on ladies who retired 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

34 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Amy, Heather, Christina, Molly, Bridget, Alexis, Miranda

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

I’m sure bc it was her 5th year dancing in the nfl and she has a new boyfriend 

I LOVE Bridget. I think she is a great performer, bright, bubbly etc. But I get the feeling that she might be struggling. I don't know why.. just a gut feeling. I'm not surprised she's retiring actually... 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, JayDKay said:

I LOVE Bridget. I think she is a great performer, bright, bubbly etc. But I get the feeling that she might be struggling. I don't know why.. just a gut feeling. I'm not surprised she's retiring actually... 

I don't get that feeling at all.  She seems super happy in all her recent posts.  She's been cheering for a long time.  My guess is she's ready to get on to the next chapter of her life.  I will miss her huge, but I wish her all the best in whatever her new adventure may be.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, JayDKay said:

Well, within two years, moved to Dallas, broke off an engagement, left her job as a vet tech, started a new office job, left that to get back to her first love, found a new boyfriend and all along, was a DCC.  That's a lot going on:)

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
52 minutes ago, Bennie said:

Amy, Heather, Christina, Molly, Bridget, Alexis, Miranda

I wish all of them the very best. Looking at this list, Bridget is really the only one who I would say was a top dancer. The team should be much better off than they were the last 3 years when they lost at least a few of their top dancers to retirement.

• Love 4

Guys are we sure this retirement list is 100% confirmed? Only announcements that have been made are Amy, Molly and Heather. And Alexis apparently messaged someone she was retiring. As for the others I’m pretty sure no “official” word has been given, just speculation. Correct? 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

I wish all of them the very best. Looking at this list, Bridget is really the only one who I would say was a top dancer. The team should be much better off than they were the last 3 years when they lost at least a few of their top dancers to retirement.

It's not just the top dancer - they are losing gals who were popular with kids in the camps, gals who stepped up when all the drama happened in season 12, and group leaders who are thought of very highly by their groups.  

• Love 17
42 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

Anyone heard anything about the banquet that is today?  Veteran and Rookie of the Year? 🤔

Since the "virtual" banquet is today, we should HOPEFULLY not only get the VOTY and the ROTY, but we should get a CONFIRMED list of those who are retiring, not just a speculative list.  I would have thought SOMETHING would have been posted by now, but maybe not if all the girls are still "at the banquet".  

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
15 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Since the "virtual" banquet is today, we should HOPEFULLY not only get the VOTY and the ROTY, but we should get a CONFIRMED list of those who are retiring, not just a speculative list.  I would have thought SOMETHING would have been posted by now, but maybe not if all the girls are still "at the banquet".  

Edited by BCrabby
Changed mind
3 hours ago, go4luca said:

I don't get that feeling at all.  She seems super happy in all her recent posts.  She's been cheering for a long time.  My guess is she's ready to get on to the next chapter of her life.  I will miss her huge, but I wish her all the best in whatever her new adventure may be.

Same for me...but I got a funny feeling watching last season.  The episode when they are reviewing that personality test and I think Julia had just been cut.  A comment was made that she does not just "get over" things quickly.  Takes her time to process.  I got the impression she was very disappointed with the was things were going and maybe she just was ready to move on.  I am so happy for her now.  She seems super happy and seems to be an amazing person.

• Love 3
On 5/18/2020 at 11:15 AM, kalibean said:

I just watched the episode with Alexandra (season 8, maybe?) and they DEFINITELY brought in someone special to work with her hair.  And truly, they should, because extensive training for textured hair is no joke, and you want someone who isn't going to screw up someone's natural hair.  Which takes me back to everyone at Tangerine freaking out about Yuko's hair.  You can tell when people don't get out of their usual wheelhouse very often.  At any rate, I had to snicker at Kelli's level of ridiculous when she was saying it was the first time she had heard things like "unit" and "weave queen."  They've had plenty of ladies with extensions and weaves since she's been doing makeovers, but okay girl!  

Maybe it'll be similar to Savannah.  She'll never be the strongest in DCC style despite her technical background, but has really improved over the years and she blends in just fine.  Plus, great on appearances and probably Camp DCC, etc. as well.

I have to admit, I was a little surprised that Kelli seemed to know so little about wigs, how they're worn and wig maintenance during Kat's makeover.

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

Haley has a screenshot of the virtual banquet on her IG stories.. that's the most I've seen so far. It's small and blurry and you can't see a thing, but it's something 😆

https://www.instagram.com/stories/haleyanderson93/

From what I can see, they look so bored and serious lol. Breanna and Erin have their head leaning on their hands lol

According to Judy's instagram story it appears to me that she received some kind of award/glass trophy of some sort.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Nene said:

I have to admit, I was a little surprised that Kelli seemed to know so little about wigs, how they're worn and wig maintenance during Kat's makeover.

I'm watching MTT on Pluto looking at Ally Traylor's AWFUL wig on Season 6 which was 9 years ago.  I think hers is one of the worse I've seen a DCC wear.  So surely Kelli has known about wigs for a long time.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

From what I can see, they look so bored and serious lol. Breanna and Erin have their head leaning on their hands lol

According to Judy's instagram story it appears to me that she received some kind of award/glass trophy of some sort.

Yes , Judy’s retiring 

• Love 1
(edited)
27 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

The award says "Thank you for 35 years of service"

A lot nicer than the crystal football they gave her for her 30th year.

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Pau84 said:

#TeamJalyn always
She is so gracious. Her movements are so refined. I don't know how to explain it, but the way she moves is the same way how dances. So much control. She is such a great dancer. I hope that she knows how much she is appreciated.

Ugh i love Jalyn so freaking much, she is such an amazing human and a treasure for the squad, like you said, i really wish she knows how loved she is by her fans ❤️ team Jalyn and Bridget always.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, DCC-fan94 said:

i really wish she knows how loved she is by her fans ❤️ team Jalyn and Bridget always.

Her social media accounts were filled with nice comments last year after the show group episode.  And Kelli's weren't 😁

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, TUOwl84 said:

Any screen shots of the girls doing the virtual banquet?  Curious if Mama Kalina joined VK...  would love to see reactions after ROTY/VOTY announced.  🙂

• Love 4
1 minute ago, misskelsinicole said:

Oh okay never mind then. I saw it in a Facebook group and they said it was for VOTY 

There's going to be a lot of info flying around:)  I wish they would just post it.  And who knows, she may get it.

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, AAT said:

I wonder who is taking over for her???

I hope the other Jen takes Judy's spot, NOT Jen A they keep forcing down our throats she comes off so condescending and disingenuous  to me 

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, TB12 said:

I hope the other Jen takes Judy's spot, NOT Jen A they keep forcing down our throats she comes off so condescending and disingenuous  to me 

I agree with this but I have a feeling, if Judy actually is retiring, that Jen A will be the replacement.  It seems like they've been grooming her for that spot. 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, DCCdoll said:

Yes , Judy’s retiring 

9 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Is she really 

What a shock. Judy will have to change her life dramatically. I think it is a big loss because Judy gave the DCC that extra glamour.

Kelli is the last one standing then (picture of 2018)

429064548_Screenshot2020-05-20at15_38_47.thumb.png.f65be162325cc4375770056679ed1132.png

• Love 2

Are we sure she’s retiring and it’s not a usual “anniversary” gift?

i’m just assuming that for both Kelli and Judy there is some sort of clause that they need to give adequate notice and that they would bring in the replacement as soon as possible? 

• Love 17
4 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

What a shock. Judy will have to change her life dramatically. I think it is a big loss because Judy gave the DCC that extra glamour.

Kelli is the last one standing then (picture of 2018)

429064548_Screenshot2020-05-20at15_38_47.thumb.png.f65be162325cc4375770056679ed1132.png

Shelly and Shelly still work there as well.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Are we sure she’s retiring and it’s not a usual “anniversary” gift?

i’m just assuming that for both Kelli and Judy there is some sort of clause that they need to give adequate notice and that they would bring in the replacement as soon as possible? 

That is what I'm wondering....if it was just her Thank You gift for 35 years and not an indication that she's retiring.  We get gifts for every five years we put in at the hospital 🙂

• Love 13

I'm not convinced that marking her 35 years of service is a "thanks for 35 years--we'll miss you" crystal sign. I mean, it may be, but I would expect both K & J's replacements would shadow them extensively for at least a season before changing the guard. I imagine they would seize upon the opportunity to highlight that on the show and milk it for all it's worth. Now, sometimes people retire rather suddenly or unexpectedly for various reasons, so I'm not ruling it out, but I would be shocked if that' show the organization or Judy announced her retirement to the public.

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, M1977G said:

I'm not convinced that marking her 35 years of service is a "thanks for 35 years--we'll miss you" crystal sign. I mean, it may be, but I would expect both K & J's replacements would shadow them extensively for at least a season before changing the guard. I imagine they would seize upon the opportunity to highlight that on the show and milk it for all it's worth. Now, sometimes people retire rather suddenly or unexpectedly for various reasons, so I'm not ruling it out, but I would be shocked if that' show the organization or Judy announced her retirement to the public.

Me either. According to the podcast she has been watching all the video submissions and getting ready for next season. IMHO when she does retire it will be announced at the beginning of the season and they will make a big deal out of it being her last one. I could be wrong. 

• Love 18

They may wait until the podcast on Thursday to announce who got roty and voty.  It seems they may be scrambling for content and that would be a big conversation topic and they could have those girls on with them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, M1977G said:

Exactly! Not only because it’s great content (or at least something new for a change), but if they want to keep the show going, people need to be kept in the loop in a sense. You can’t spend 15 seasons with 2 “characters” and then suddenly tune in to VK as director (kidding, kidding!) and JenK as choreographer. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1