Type keyword(s) to search

Current Team Updates and Social Media

charappleby
  • Start Topic

On 5/20/2020 at 9:42 PM, dbell1 said:

That vocal fry vapid mannequin is the next Journey? I’d rather watch laundry spin than her. Hard pass. What’s next? Vivian’s journey? The journey of the doctor who tries out every year? The journey of Kellie’s numbers board? ☠️

I never thought of her doing the “vocal fry”. Now that’s all I’ll hear. Lol. 

• LOL 1
5 minutes ago, Lona said:

Brennan is such a respectful and classy teammate and Heather was a very good member and leader. 

I love Brennan she is so classy 

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, Jennv said:

From wikipedia, has this been discussed already and I missed it?

Season 15 will be delayed to 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.[6]

Wow no it hasn’t been discussed 

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Jennv said:

11 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Wow no it hasn’t been discussed 

Here's a link to an article by Brenda Teele about Auditions that's referenced on the Wiki link

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Jennv said:

And the dead boring rag tag triangle that nobody wants to snooze through [UnicornKicks]

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
55 minutes ago, TexasLonghorn94 said:

Marshall posted some photos of him on instagram judging online tryouts, along with this comment.

55C6E50E-3E41-428E-B997-B5325D22BF3F.jpeg

In the recent podcast they also said that the TCC will have a costumed solo performance as their audition for show group and that they are also planning on having a full panel interview for all the TCC so I think that will be featured on the show. I'm honestly excited that there might be more focus on all of the candidates doing basically what would have been their solo routines. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

In the recent podcast they also said that the TCC will have a costumed solo performance as their audition for show group and that they are also planning on having a full panel interview for all the TCC so I think that will be featured on the show. I'm honestly excited that there might be more focus on all of the candidates doing basically what would have been their solo routines. 

Just zoom the interviews but yes to more solos for sure

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Just zoom the interviews but yes to more solos for sure

She said they were going to do zoom interviews next week before the cut for TCC but I'm guessing they mostly want to film a full interview for the show 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
52 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

She said they were going to do zoom interviews next week before the cut for TCC but I'm guessing they mostly want to film a full interview for the show 

I think it's to see body language, because fidgeting and rigidity don't always come across over video. 

Remember that anyone can edit Wikipedia. I could edit to have myself as point last year. Judy’s stool could try out. All cheerleaders could be listed as shaving their heads and performing in turtlenecks and sweat pants. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 12
(edited)

Who (I believe) SHOULD be in leadership positions: 

- Brennan, Bri, Daphne, Taylor, Amber, Caroline

Based on maturity, leadership qualities, prior work and dance experience. 

Who will be leaders instead:

Maddie, Lexie, Gina, Tess, maybe Savannah and Rachel if they go for seniority, Victoria..

Edited by JayDKay
Spelling
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, dbell1 said:

Remember that anyone can edit Wikipedia. I could edit to have myself as point last year. Judy’s stool could try out. All cheerleaders could be listed as shaving their heads and performing in turtlenecks and sweat pants. 

I saw the Wiki article & clicked on the footnote to the statement that the show is delayed to 2021.  It takes you to an article written by the judge Brenda.  It says nothing about when the season starts.  Oh...and Brenda, before you criticize someone for not being perfect, the word you wanted was "competition"...

Normally, the cheerleader candidates are called out in groups of five then they have less than two minutes to capture the judge’s eye in hope of making it to the semi-finals. But this year there’s no live audience; no other candidates to cheer them on. Yet there’s completion. Lots of it.

https://www.ktbs.com/news/arklatex-indepth/covid-19-forces-dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-to-adjust-auditions/article_cde09e54-9960-11ea-b7f7-bb7e3f9b7a6f.html

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

I saw the Wiki article & clicked on the footnote to the statement that the show is delayed to 2021.  It takes you to an article written by the judge Brenda.  It says nothing about when the season starts.  Oh...and Brenda, before you criticize someone for not being perfect, the word you wanted was "competition"...

https://www.ktbs.com/news/arklatex-indepth/covid-19-forces-dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-to-adjust-auditions/article_cde09e54-9960-11ea-b7f7-bb7e3f9b7a6f.html

Brenda is a snooty beyotch. That’s all. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
On 5/30/2020 at 8:52 AM, dbell1 said:

Can you please please edit wiki and make yourself point??? 🤣🙂😄

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 5/30/2020 at 10:54 AM, UnicornKicksBack said:

Brenda is a snooty beyotch. That’s all. 

Yeh...her attitude has always bugged me a bit.  She just has this tone to her voice that just grates on my last nerve.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Meleighsa said:

Please share the link so I can laugh! I went to their DCC page, but I couldn't find it.

Yesss please share the link! I am trying to find it but apparently I am meant to actually be doing work haha 

• LOL 2
2 minutes ago, onthebubble said:

Yesss please share the link! I am trying to find it but apparently I am meant to actually be doing work haha 

Someone Went and edited again 😞 

1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

Someone Went and edited again 😞 

Waahhhhhhh! How rude! Well least you were point for a short time - that's more than most of us here can say ! 🤣🙂😄

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
(edited)
12 hours ago, onthebubble said:

Waahhhhhhh! How rude! Well least you were point for a short time - that's more than most of us here can say ! 🤣🙂😄

Being point was so much fun !! 🙂 

Edited by Holly85
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

Untitled.thumb.jpg.f513cf13fbe8e99db33e0088c80dbc68.jpg

Lacey Munoz made the squad at 18 - during her first year of trying out - and was:

1. A group leader
  2. A pro bowl representative
  3. Called the "gold standard" by Charlotte at the end of her 5 years

AGE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH VICTORIA'S BEHAVIOR!

/soapbox

image.png.fce222edd2987c73d386044b7348d59d.png

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

Untitled.thumb.jpg.f513cf13fbe8e99db33e0088c80dbc68.jpg

Victoria did a good job and she deserved to make the team last year.

However, and this is the big problem I have, she was not the strongest rookie of her year. She wasn’t. I have eyes. 
What is wrong with accepting Victoria’s for who she is?
I like her even is she falls out of turns and even if she can’t do a good sauté or a grand jeté. She doesn’t have to do anything, she doesn’t have to be anything else than Victoria.

It is sad to see that so many publications are working hard to convince us, the public, that she is a the greatest dancer that ever put on the uniform. These publications do us and Victoria a great disservice.

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

...and to add another side of the spectrum:

Jenna Jackson also joined the squad at 18 - making it during her first time at tryouts - was a 6 year veteran - and well... we all know how that ended.

Jenna was SUCH a good dancer, though!  And it seemed like she did a solid job at most aspects of being a group leader - knowing the right dance for game day, teaching new dances, etc.  Immature in a lot of ways for sure, though.  I think she honestly got caught up in the whole Dak situation, befriended some people that encouraged being an idiot (Holly) and just spiraled like a lot of people do at that age (me included!)  I wonder if Jenna built a lot of goodwill in her early years on the squad, and that's why TPTB were SO PISSED at her covering for Holly during her sixth year.  Lacey showed a lot of maturity for her age for sure, though, and I'm not trying to take away from that.  

Plenty of young people join the team and do exceptionally well, some just coast along, some burn out quickly.  Kaitlin was only 18/19 when she joined the squad and that had a pretty dramatic finish, plus there's Caila, Breelan, Raylee who fizzled out.  Holly was edited to be super fresh faced, small town girl her first season and by season 3...wooo.  Holly and Jenna both were likely given grace as long as they could because of their talent, but at least Jenna had SOME leadership qualities too.

I think VK has a lot of showmanship and sparkle, but she's not the second coming to DCC by any stretch.  I don't mind her on the team, but it's just silly that she's on show group.  And I don't see where she'll be a group leader any time soon.  Here's hoping she gets a grown up glow up.

• Love 21
3 hours ago, kalibean said:

I think VK has a lot of showmanship and sparkle, but she's not the second coming to DCC by any stretch.  I don't mind her on the team, but it's just silly that she's on show group.  And I don't see where she'll be a group leader any time soon.  Here's hoping she gets a grown up glow up.

Here's hoping Tina can let go enough to allow Victoria the freedom to grow up.  You have to stumble and fall in order to learn and mature.

• Love 16
(edited)
11 hours ago, go4luca said:

Here's hoping Tina can let go enough to allow Victoria the freedom to grow up.  You have to stumble and fall in order to learn and mature.

Not just getting Tina to let go, but Kelli as well.  Kelli's also determined to place Victoria in bubble wrap and put her on a pedestal.  Victoria should have gone to another team to dance for a few years before coming back to the DCC, but I don't think any other NFL (and possibly NBA) team would have had her if it meant dealing with Tina as well plus Victoria's level of dance is just not on the level with many other girls competing to be on whatever squad it is. 

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 9
On 5/23/2020 at 1:04 PM, Christineelgene said:

And they both cheered at Arizona

Bridget was on the dance team at Arizona State before returning to San Diego & cheering for the Chargers. Kelcey danced at U of Nebraska. Heather, Megan C, Gabby, and Chandi all were on the dance team at Arizona.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, dotdot 37 said:

so if Haley is being groomed to take over for Charlotte  and since VK is Haley best friend is she being groomed to take over for Kelly or Judy?

I really hope not.  Victoria would need a LOT more education and experience then she already has or seems to be currently willing to achieve.

• Love 2
On 6/4/2020 at 6:02 AM, M1977G said:

Bridget was on the dance team at Arizona State before returning to San Diego & cheering for the Chargers. Kelcey danced at U of Nebraska. Heather, Megan C, Gabby, and Chandi all were on the dance team at Arizona.

Kelcey started at one of the Arizona schools as an undergrad, then transferred to U of Nebraska for her nursing degree. She danced at both schools. 

• Love 2

First time ever posting but I have been trying to read the thread here and there. Please let me know if there is a better place to post this!

*Possible* Hot Take: I have not been excited about the entire DCC team since maybe.. 2017? Let me explain. In the past years, ~2010-2016/17, the squad felt damn near perfect. I mean I miss those powerhouse girls (Jenna, Melissa W., Erica, Jackie Bob, Jacie, Holly). I loved just about every girl on the team. Now, I don't feel as excited about each girl. I have MAYBE 5 girls I can pick who I love (Bridget, Briana) then the rest do not stand out.

Don't get me wrong, I love DCC and still obsess over them but looking at who our potential group leaders are this upcoming season and looking at all the veterans, I realized I'm not as impressed. I am actually more excited to see the 2019 rookies grow because they impress me.

Don't come for me lol. I was just wondering if y'all have felt like this. Who are your favorite returning veterans? Who is ONE veteran you wish could come back?

• Love 16
4 hours ago, imacrumb said:

First time ever posting but I have been trying to read the thread here and there. Please let me know if there is a better place to post this!

*Possible* Hot Take: I have not been excited about the entire DCC team since maybe.. 2017? Let me explain. In the past years, ~2010-2016/17, the squad felt damn near perfect. I mean I miss those powerhouse girls (Jenna, Melissa W., Erica, Jackie Bob, Jacie, Holly). I loved just about every girl on the team. Now, I don't feel as excited about each girl. I have MAYBE 5 girls I can pick who I love (Bridget, Briana) then the rest do not stand out.

Don't get me wrong, I love DCC and still obsess over them but looking at who our potential group leaders are this upcoming season and looking at all the veterans, I realized I'm not as impressed. I am actually more excited to see the 2019 rookies grow because they impress me.

Don't come for me lol. I was just wondering if y'all have felt like this. Who are your favorite returning veterans? Who is ONE veteran you wish could come back?

Everybody is underwhelmed about the group leaders, who are basically ‘the ones that stayed’ instead of ‘the special ones’.

All the special ones left before they could fulfill their potential:

Melissa Wallace, Amy Trader, Maggie Rouse, Megan Carcioppolo, Holly Powell and yes, Kalyssa Singleton.

The great ones on the team now are Jalyn Stough, Gina Ligi, Hannah Anderson , Amber McMillian, Amanda Dilks and Kelcey Wetterberg.
Caroline Sundvold and Rachel Wyatt deserve to be mentioned.

I would like to add just Erin Sauerhage, Kat Puryear, Alanna Tarango and Cici Levi to the special list for personal reasons (I just like them a lot).

I think that Kristen and Savannah are very pretty and that also counts.

• Love 14
6 hours ago, imacrumb said:

I’d say now there are more fillers/blenders on the squad. I would cut at least 10-12 of them personally and have a smaller squad, basically where they’re all show group level! 

The leadership this year will be totally underwhelming to me (I’m not a big fan of Maddie, Lexie or Tess who I assume will all retain their group leader spots) and the triangle was weak last year so goodness know what it will be like this year! 

Promote the women going onto their third year as a bunch of them are powerhouses and make sure Gina is up there too! I only really rate Amanda and Kelcey from this year’s rookie class anyway.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, Pau84 said:

Everybody is underwhelmed about the group leaders, who are basically ‘the ones that stayed’ instead of ‘the special ones’.

Yep, that pretty much sums up the last triangle for me. Amy and Lexie I'm sure are very talented dancers and well-liked by the squad, but they personally don't do anything for me. That's not to take away from the hard work they put in, but I'm just not excited with them. Same with Maddie. Staying that long should be applauded in my opinion and she's definitely a good dancer, I just never got used to her as point 🤷‍♂️ .

3 hours ago, Pau84 said:

All the special ones left before they could fulfill their potential:

Melissa Wallace, Amy Trader, Maggie Rouse, Megan Carcioppolo, Holly Powell and yes, Kalyssa Singleton.

BINGO! I don't know that I would've used all the names you used (@PAU84, you do get special brownie points for mentioning my fave Melissa Wallace, though 😉 ), but you can definitely see except for Maddie and Tess and those incoming 4-years (I think there are only 4??), we're not seeing a lot of old-timers. And out of those the only one that really excites me is GIna, but how much longer do y'all really expect her to stay? 😞 Mature dancers and personalities that can really hold a team together and lead. That's actually why I'm  soooooo glad to see a lot of the S13 girls stay on. It gives the team some stability and I really do hope TPTB start to look at those girls and see the leadership potential in them. Please, please don't let there be some mass exodus this season and somehow use that as an excuse to put Viktoria far up the triangle.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Pau84 said:

Very true. Part of the issue is that “the ones who stayed” used to also be among the best dancers or those who were memorable. So, it made sense that they were group leaders and front and centers. Now, more blenders and middle of the road girls are staying for 3 and 4 years, and for whatever reason, Kelli keeps them upfront. 

For example, look at Jacie, Kinzie, Jenna, Jessica, and Danielle. They were the last ones standing from their rookie group. Yet, Jacie, Kinzie (I don’t know why she was never featured more), and Jenna were probably Top 5 from their big rookie group, and Danielle was always someone who had other qualities that made her stand out. Jessica was low-key, but she was never a weak dancer. Same with Jenn and Jinelle from the following rookie group (and of course, even while Jinelle was a group leader, she wasn’t put in the front of the main formation)! 

Melissa, Lacey, and Erica were also the last ones who stayed from their group (and second group leaders their 3rd year), but they were the 3 best dancers from their rookie group.

IMO,  the team has not recovered from that 2 year span when they lost Megan, Amy T, Jenn, Jenna, Cersten, Danielle, Melissa, Erica, Holly, Claire, Maggie, Stephanie, Jessica, Kalyssa, etc. Some of that is by choice - they haven’t featured the great rookie group from 2018 nearly as much as they should have, and in a team where they need every power dancer they can get, they’ve cut a couple of people who were power dancers (Keyra and Gabby -definitely Keyra, I think I’m remembering Gabby correctly) for non dance reasons.  I honestly don’t get the logic, but hopefully this new group is strong. 

• Love 14
14 hours ago, imacrumb said:

1000% wish Bridget and Heather would come back both would have been outstanding Point Girls, its no coincidence they were roomies, they seem like one in the same... 🙂

• Love 16
On 6/3/2020 at 1:13 PM, DCCFanatic82 said:

...and to add another side of the spectrum:

Jenna Jackson also joined the squad at 18 - making it during her first time at tryouts - was a 6 year veteran - and well... we all know how that ended.

Well, say what you will about Jenna's choices near end of her DCC career, but the girl could dance.  I don't think anyone was surprised when Jenna made SG based on talent.  Can't say the same for VK!

• Love 16

The thing with Jenna and SOME other girls is that when they join the squad they have that "innocence and naivety" but by the time they leave they are coming across as stuck up etc eg Jenna (I'm still laughing at her comments of her being "the ONLY captain" the last 3 years of her tenure). Then there are others who comes across like that and by the time they leave they still have that "innocence and naivety" they had when they first joined but they come across as matured etc like Danielle, Jacie, Jackie, Heather O etc.

Lacey is one where I am on the fence with her. Yes I do not know her, but she comes across as shy, quiet. But sometimes she comes across as a little entitled and stuck up at times. I don't hate her. But shes not my cup of tea.

About the wikipedia pages, I see someone edited it to show the vets, rookies and retired/cuts etc. 

• Love 3
On 6/12/2020 at 3:51 PM, Jess14 said:

Very true. Part of the issue is that “the ones who stayed” used to also be among the best dancers or those who were memorable. So, it made sense that they were group leaders and front and centers. Now, more blenders and middle of the road girls are staying for 3 and 4 years, and for whatever reason, Kelli keeps them upfront. 

For example, look at Jacie, Kinzie, Jenna, Jessica, and Danielle. They were the last ones standing from their rookie group. Yet, Jacie, Kinzie (I don’t know why she was never featured more), and Jenna were probably Top 5 from their big rookie group, and Danielle was always someone who had other qualities that made her stand out. Jessica was low-key, but she was never a weak dancer. Same with Jenn and Jinelle from the following rookie group (and of course, even while Jinelle was a group leader, she wasn’t put in the front of the main formation)! 

Melissa, Lacey, and Erica were also the last ones who stayed from their group (and second group leaders their 3rd year), but they were the 3 best dancers from their rookie group.

IMO,  the team has not recovered from that 2 year span when they lost Megan, Amy T, Jenn, Jenna, Cersten, Danielle, Melissa, Erica, Holly, Claire, Maggie, Stephanie, Jessica, Kalyssa, etc. Some of that is by choice - they haven’t featured the great rookie group from 2018 nearly as much as they should have, and in a team where they need every power dancer they can get, they’ve cut a couple of people who were power dancers (Keyra and Gabby -definitely Keyra, I think I’m remembering Gabby correctly) for non dance reasons.  I honestly don’t get the logic, but hopefully this new group is strong. 

Yes exactly! They were so many good options for GL and all “honors”. Now, you’re pretty much guaranteed to take a GL position just because you stayed, but the best girls leave early. There’s no chance a girl like Amy or Tess would’ve ended up as a GL or point/triangle just a few seasons back. It’s sad that they have SO many good options within the rising 3rd years, but we will repeat last season’s triangle which is probably the worst triangle they’ve had since the beginning of the show. I don’t blame Amy or Tess for sticking around though; I think even they can tell they got lucky. Aaand they lost me the moment they bumped Maddie, a scared little girl, straight to GL just to say f u to Heather. She wasn’t ready for the job, she was completely out of her element and she still can’t take the lead. Not everyone has to be a leader so I’m not trying to hate on Maddie, but I’m certainly judging kelli.

On 6/12/2020 at 6:05 PM, TB12 said:

1000% wish Bridget and Heather would come back both would have been outstanding Point Girls, its no coincidence they were roomies, they seem like one in the same... 🙂

Yeah I’m sad to see them go, but I definitely get it... I’m still pissed they treated Heather so poorly and condemned us to this snoozefest for 2 years.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I’m still pissed they treated Heather so poorly. 

Same here! And for what? To send a “message”? If so, then the only message I got is “we will never have your back.”

Ugh! #HeatherWasScrewed 

• Love 5

I think Heather is lovely, but I don’t think she should’ve been anywhere near point. However, I think she got screwed by not being a leader or group leader 2 years ago. That was wrong. 

A triangle of any 3 of Gina, Bridget, Ashlee, Amber, Caroline, Alanna, Rachel W, Hannah, or Daphne would’ve been far superior to what we got last year. I never remember thinking that in the past. I’ve disagreed with the point girl in many years, but I never remember thinking that ALL of the girls in the triangle should’ve been replaced. 

On 6/13/2020 at 2:23 PM, Mardo2044 said:

Well, say what you will about Jenna's choices near end of her DCC career, but the girl could dance.  I don't think anyone was surprised when Jenna made SG based on talent.  Can't say the same for VK!

Yeah. VK doesn’t even belong in the same sentence with Jenna when it comes to dance.  Dance-aside though, Jenna’s issues seemed to develop her last couple of years. Seemed to be more of an issue of being a favorite and a senior veteran and thinking that the rules no longer applied to her vs a “she’s too young and immature” sort of thing. This is just going by what’s on the boards, but I never remember hearing anything about her being a rule breaker or causing problems before her 5th year, here or on the old boards. Again, not saying that it didn’t happen, but I don’t remember rumors like with Holly, which were mentioned fairly early on. 

• Love 13