Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E11: My Life on the Dee List

• Start Topic

Kameron tries to impress her daughter with a bow and arrow; Stephanie throws husband Travis a mid-life crisis themed birthday party; Mama Dee appears to crash the party, and one of the ladies refuses to attend; the women leave for Thailand.

Airs November 13, 2019.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Hiyo said:

I'm cringing already at how some of them will react once they are there...

Seriously. Prepare for more eye-rolling talking heads featuring these supposedly cosmopolitan rich ladies giggling about all the “weird” food being served to them in exotic Thai settings and how they’d rather be eating pizza or chicken tenders(side-eyeing Kam extra hard on that one).

Nothing makes me cringe harder than adult picky eaters, especially when they’re on these shows that allow them to waste such opportunities to travel to fabulous locations and try all that wonderful cuisine. The OC and Atlanta HW’s are the worst offenders, although some of these broads brought that cringe to their European trip with Cary.

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 11

Brandi feeding her husband because he was too good to play along, seems pretty indicative of their relationship. Though I think I saw an actual real smile from him. Maybe he isn't that huge of an asshole, I mean still an ass, but maybe he just really hates the cameras.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

LOved Steff's scene with her mom.  Her mom gave her the right advice.  Kam thinks so highly of herself.  Friendship is a two way street.  She wants Steff to earn her friendship.  You have to earn hers.

Kary was right about saying that LeeAnn looked like she was going to the mall.  Good luck with that jewelry line.  Doesn't look all that special.

D'Andra has her problems.  Things would have been better if Jeremy was there.  But I gotta say her resemblance to Dee is whoa.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I thought D'andra's slutty version of her mom was in really poor taste. 

I loved it. She looks so much like her mother, and if the theme is mid life crisis, then the outfit was perfect. I feel bad for D'Andra because she knows she was the ONLY one not invited to Leeanne's wedding and she just hasn't done the same amount of wickedness that Leeanne has. Why is D always being punished? Is she a sloppy drunk, yes. Does anyone not have at least one acquaintance who is a sloppy drunk?

• Love 10

Sigh.  I'm a LeeAnne fan.  But this season I'm finding her.... pathetic and lifeless.  Shes missing a spark this year.  

Travis's party theme confused me.  It was 80's?  Or mid life crisis?  80's mid life crisis?  I did like Steph's Peggy Bundy for 80's.  But I dont get Brandi's Playboy Bunny for 80's.  D'Andra's screamed mid life crisis.  I dont even know what Kary was supposed to be.  And LeeAnne didn't even try.

No to the Oh HELL NO to Medival dinner shows. 

And D'andra's shirt with strategically placed black circles.  No honey.  Just. No.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

How come I get the feeling Kary and her husband are heading for splitsville?  All of these references to her husband controlling the money, they have a prenup that virtually leaves her nothing, she really needs to make her own money...  I haven't heard her say anything positive about her husband yet.  Makes me think he's one of those guys that talked his wife into being on the show so he can dump her.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Brandi feeding her husband because he was too good to play along, seems pretty indicative of their relationship. Though I think I saw an actual real smile from him. Maybe he isn't that huge of an asshole, I mean still an ass, but maybe he just really hates the cameras.

I think he hates the cameras and was probably against Brandi doing this show from the beginning.  Stephanie, Travis and Brandi all seem fun and they all like hanging around with him, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.  If he was against the show he's the smartest of all of them 😄 

2 hours ago, breezy424 said:

D'Andra has her problems.  Things would have been better if Jeremy was there.  But I gotta say her resemblance to Dee is whoa.

I know right?  I've never noticed it before!  But that explains why she's always drunk and feeling sorry for herself 😄 

Love Mama Dee asking her about going to Thailand vs. "her business" and D'Andra's response - "It's stressful and I need a break."  Way to get that business back on track girl!

Thanks to the Tallest Little Girl in the World for keeping her segment separate from the other ladies' - made the show 9 minutes shorter for me!  Cheers to that!

• Love 14
4 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Some people are put off eating with their hands 

I worked with a lady decades back who went to Medieval Times and was very turned off because  she was required to eat her meal w/her hands

Edited by sheetmoss
  • Love 6

This is turning into the Victim Stephanie show. Notice how Kary's jewelry promo ended up being about Stephanie. And when Stephanie got stuck in her manic laughter in the limo I was reminded of a Stepford wife whose gears got jammed. And once again we have her citing the cost of all the money they are spending.

The mid-life crisis theme somehow turned into a flaunt the fake boobs party. I think Kary is the only one with a natural figure. And Travis' eyes went straight to the boobs each time he greeted a sexy costume.

D'Andra's costume: mid-life blowsy drunk, which is where she's headed.

Because it wasn't about her, LeeAnne couldn't be bothered to make an effort at the costume thing.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 12

I thought the mid life crisis costumes were pretty on point...with the exception of Leanne's.  Travis's head to toe Gucci label would've only been better had it been like head to toe Porche or something.  

I think Brian absolutely hates being on camera and its only bearable when his bestie, Travis, is there too.

In Deandra's defense, the Real Housewives is probably the best promotional tool that Mama Dee's business will ever have.  Whether they fully take advantage of the exposure remains to be seen.  I'd be saying the name of the company over and over again.  

• Love 9

I took my family (grandson 5 nephew 12, daughter. SIL and his mother) to Midievil Times near Los Angeles and had a blast. It was VERY expensive!  Not sure how much fun it would be for 4 adults. I think it is what you make it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

So you mean to tell me that Kam couldn’t go to a party because they’re “surface friends” but she can get on a plane for said “surface friend” trip? Kam stays skinny by staying on that hamster wheel 24/7 *rolleyes*

• Love 14
2 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

The mid-life crisis theme somehow turned into a flaunt the fake boobs party.

Isn't that what Real Housewives do when they have a midlife crisis? 😄 

1 hour ago, AttackTurtle said:

In Deandra's defense, the Real Housewives is probably the best promotional tool that Mama Dee's business will ever have.  Whether they fully take advantage of the exposure remains to be seen.  I'd be saying the name of the company over and over again.  

She's even too dumb for that!  Unless it's actually called "My Company", in which case kudos for a job well done 🙂 

• LOL 11
  • Love 5

I’m really surprised Brandi admitted whether or not the baby is Bruin’s full sibling is a determining factor as to whether or not she’ll adopt. I don’t blame her for thinking of all these different factors since she’s obviously already got so much on her plate. But going there on camera is definitely going to offend people who love their “half” siblings every bit the same. 

I adore Stephanie. She is more than good enough!!! She’s one of the few people on these shows I’d want to have as a friend. Her mother was so lovely too. 

I don’t think Kameron ever meant to trigger any of those feelings, but she needs to ease up on people. I personally don’t bother getting close to people where I have to tread so softly. Too exhausting a friendship. Her friendship with LeeAnne and the way she treats her shows she’s capable of being laidback. 

D’andra’s costume was hilarious. I didn’t realize how much she resembled her mother either. I do wonder if Mama Dee was horrified by how provocative D’andra got. My mother wouldn’t appreciate me dressing that way period, even worse if I dressed up like her with that much boob out. 

Next week’s episode looks like it’s crazy drama. 

• Love 15
14 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I found Stephanie's comment about learning to be a good person to others, but not to herself, to be very profound. 

Brandi's comment, about how they're waiting to see if the new baby is a full sibling to decide if they want to adopt, rubbed me the wrong way for some reason. Maybe it was because my sisters don't have the same dad as me, but I'd never call them "half" anything.

Stephanie seems to be the most genuine of these HWs and I hope that Travis shows her that he loves and values her. I think what ever treatment she has been receiving has helped her. Not sure that being involved with this crazy bunch and all their drama is healthy for her.

About the Brandy baby paternity situation. Something in the milk ain't clean with this and I am not buying much of this whole story.

11 hours ago, sheetmoss said:

I worked with a lady decades back who went to Medieval Times and was very turned off because  she was required to eat her meal w/her hands

Pretty sure I saw plastic cutlery there.

4 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

D'Andra's costume: mid-life blowsy drunk, which is where she's headed.

Yes, there is a cautionary tale here. I think her drinking might be the root of all her business and personal relationship problems. She is also very resentful and comes off as selfish and entitled. How she landed Jeremy and how he puts up with her is a mystery.

1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

I’m really surprised Brandi admitted whether or not the baby is Bruin’s full sibling is a determining factor as to whether or not she’ll adopt. I don’t blame her for thinking of all these different factors since she’s obviously already got so much on her plate. But going there on camera is definitely going to offend people who love their “half” siblings every bit the same.

Yeah, this whole story stinks.

I am sick of Kary, and I suspect her husband might be, too. She needs to pull back and not insert her unsolicited opinions into everybody's business. I think she and LeeAnne just clash, and Kary is like a dog with a bone with her. And on a picky note, her voice is like sandpaper and irritates the crap out of me.

Edited by lizajane
Must proofread!
  • Love 18
54 minutes ago, lizajane said:

Stephanie seems to be the most genuine of these HWs and I hope that Travis shows her that he loves and values her. I think what ever treatment she has been receiving has helped her. Not sure that being involved with this crazy bunch and all their drama is healthy for her.

About the Brandy baby paternity situation. Something in the milk ain't clean with this and I am not buying much of this whole story.

Pretty sure I saw plastic cutlery there.

Yes, there is a cautionary tale here. I think her drinking might be the root of all her business and personal relationship problems. She is also very resentful and comes off as selfish and entitled. How she landed Jeremy and how he puts up with her is a mystery.

Yeah, this whole story stinks.

I am sick of Kary, and I suspect her husband might be, too. She needs to pull back and not insert her unsolicited opinions into everybody's business. I think she and LeeAnne just clash, and Kary is like a dog with a bone with her. And on a picky note, her voice is like sandpaper and irritates the crap out of me.

I agree - I also think that that's why Mama D  won't give her any money.  Wasn't she a coke head party girl.  Maybe mama thinks D'Andra needs to prove herself...

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Kam really isn't going to let that "surface friend" thing go, is she? She'll have it inscribed on her motherfucking tombstone. 

I found Stephanie's comment about learning to be a good person to others, but not to herself, to be very profound. 

Brandi's comment, about how they're waiting to see if the new baby is a full sibling to decide if they want to adopt, rubbed me the wrong way for some reason. Maybe it was because my sisters don't have the same dad as me, but I'd never call them "half" anything. 

I thought D'andra's slutty version of her mom was in really poor taste. And Kary needs to stop trying order LeeAnn around. Her motives are so obvious. 

Lmao!!!! at which point it may actually be true.

For the reason it sounds like it should have.   Take the baby, don't take the baby, but she sounded like a complete fucking idiot basing their consideration on whether or not this is his *whole* sibling.   It's his sibling, dumbass.    <-- Ooooh look another statement tee lol

3 hours ago, hoosiermom said:

I took my family (grandson 5 nephew 12, daughter. SIL and his mother) to Midievil Times near Los Angeles and had a blast. It was VERY expensive!  Not sure how much fun it would be for 4 adults. I think it is what you make it.

lil Wilder's 17th birthday, this is where she wanted to go.  She and the gaggle absolutely loved it.   My feelings were mixed.  The food was shockingly much better than I had anticipated (but still about a 6.5 outta 10), I liked that the kids were laughing their assess off from the excitement of the joust, but would I go back?  nuh uh.   It's just my personal belief that horse shit, hay, javelins and cornbread don't mix.  I loved GOT on tv, near my plate? I'm good.   Tipped that lady 50% for the indignity of being referred to (by other castledwellers) as a wench.  Yeah yeah yeah, historical accuracy, but she's wearing a name tag and you're holding an iPhone, please call her Joanne.

Not sure how to feel about D'eandra.  Hasn't she known her mama long enough to foresee this position?  Considering that she was asking for more responsibility and decision making power at work and finally got it, is this really (behaviorally) a surprise is what I'm asking.

On 11/12/2019 at 12:16 AM, Hiyo said:

I'm cringing already at how some of them will react once they are there...

Did you catch the preview of them on a samlor and somebody is singing what must be an actual song? (because her seat partner joins in) the lyrics of which go something like:  "we're in Thailand, where everybody gets a baby elephant" 

giphy.gif

I feel like if Stephanie can deal with Travis' exhausting ass, Kam should cause her no agitation whatsoever. 

Butt sex.  Now, drink! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
14 hours ago, Chalby said:

I loved it. She looks so much like her mother, and if the theme is mid life crisis, then the outfit was perfect. I feel bad for D'Andra because she knows she was the ONLY one not invited to Leeanne's wedding and she just hasn't done the same amount of wickedness that Leeanne has. Why is D always being punished? Is she a sloppy drunk, yes. Does anyone not have at least one acquaintance who is a sloppy drunk?

I don't think she was not invited to the wedding because of her sloppy drinking. I think it was because she stated that the groom was cheating on the bride on national TV. 

13 hours ago, princelina said:

ove Mama Dee asking her about going to Thailand vs. "her business" and D'Andra's response - "It's stressful and I need a break."  Way to get that business back on track girl!

Right??? She was like, "Oh, what difference will one week make?" 

Ummmm....I guess wait and see? 

• Love 17
3 hours ago, FancyNancy said:

So you mean to tell me that Kam couldn’t go to a party because they’re “surface friends” but she can get on a plane for said “surface friend” trip? Kam stays skinny by staying on that hamster wheel 24/7 *rolleyes*

Even if she didn't want to, Kam pretty much as to go "for work".  They are filming a tv show after all.

She told my favorite dumb joke, about Thailand being "in the future". Whenever someone texts me from some far away place I ask them if they have flying cars there yet.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I don't think she was not invited to the wedding because of her sloppy drinking. I think it was because she stated that the groom was cheating on the bride on national TV. 

Right??? She was like, "Oh, what difference will one week make?" 

Ummmm....I guess wait and see? 

Right. And awwwkwarrd. How is she going to get around that one? No matter how cool and gracious Rich is about it, that's a pretty big matzo ball hanging out there. 

Maybe Hallmark makes a card

• LOL 15
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, Jel said:

Right. And awwwkwarrd. How is she going to get around that one? No matter how cool and gracious Rich is about it, that's a pretty big matzo ball hanging out there. 

Seinfeld reference!  George says "I love you" first, but doesn't get the return.  Jerry says, "That's a pretty big matzo ball hanging out there".

I've been to Medieval Times in Dallas, as my mom wanted to go for a birthday a few years ago.  The food was good, and I think I recall getting some silverware, but eating chicken with our hands.  The show was ok, if you're into that.  Would I return?  No, but mom seemed to enjoy it.  The place has been there for decades, and is always packed.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Sterling said:

Seinfeld reference!  George says "I love you" first, but doesn't get the return.  Jerry says, "That's a pretty big matzo ball hanging out there".

I've been to Medieval Times in Dallas, as my mom wanted to go for a birthday a few years ago.  The food was good, and I think I recall getting some silverware, but eating chicken with our hands.  The show was ok, if you're into that.  Would I return?  No, but mom seemed to enjoy it.  The place has been there for decades, and is always packed.

High five me, Sterling! A fellow Seinfeld fan 🙂

I'm with Zaldamo Wilder on the Medieval Times thing -- like how far away are you from the manure* when you're eating? Please tell me not withing smelling distance 😐

*not really a bad word -- you've got the Ma, which is good, and the "nure/newer" which is also good. Marissa Tomei agreed.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Jel said:

High five me, Sterling! A fellow Seinfeld fan 🙂

I'm with Zaldamo Wilder on the Medieval Times thing -- like how far away are you from the manure* when you're eating? Please tell me not withing smelling distance 😐

*not really a bad word -- you've got the Ma, which is good, and the "nure/newer" which is also good. Marissa Tomei agreed.

LOL!  Another one!  the Ma....the nure.....and Marisa Tomei!  All in one reference!

Re:  The actual manure in the place.  They must.....um.....have the horses on a schedule, because there really isn't any sort of a smell, other than a hay/barn/outdoorsy type of scent, but it's not bad at all.  They also must have really great ventilation systems, plus the seats are pretty high up.  Think Upper Mezzanine at an opera house.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

https://www.medievaltimes.com/plan-your-trip/lyndhurst-nj/index.html

I'm Elle Woods in real life.  Not. far. away. enough.   Lemme know if the link opens up.

It does, and aww you also linked us to a coupon! I'm sure it would be very fun for kids.

But for $65? Come on, for half of that I'll give any of my Primetimer buddies half a Costco rotisserie chicken and a good seat in the section of the backyard the dogs favor (raising my eyebrow). I could put them in some medieval horse costumes. Let's do it!

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Jel said:

It does, and aww you also linked us to a coupon! I'm sure it would be very fun for kids.

But for $65? Come on, for half of that I'll give any of my Primetimer buddies half a Costco rotisserie chicken and a good seat in the section of the backyard the dogs favor (raising my eyebrow). I could put them in some medieval horse costumes. Let's do it!

source.gif

• LOL 4

Kind of a slow episode.  

Kameron is playing games with Stephanie, but she didn't RSVP yes, so it's not the same.  I think this is going to become a good learning experience for Stephanie. 

I was kinda surprised how present Kam was for her daughter, and I noticed she gave Court a nice big hug at the airport.  Tis the little things.

Someone mentioned that Kary had a much different reaction to Stephanie than she did with Leeanne, so maybe K and L just clash.  Ho-hum.  There's a lid for every pot.

Stephanie's mom seemed nice.  I would like to hear more about these Real Housewives of Coweta who snubbed Stephanie's mom for not being rich enough.

Of course Stephanie had more food at Travis's party than Leeanne had at her wedding, and of course it sounds very strange that Brandi and Brian are allegedly conducting a paternity test for Bruin's sibling.

This episode had me wondering about both Brandi's and Stephanie's relationships with their sister in laws.  That stuff fascinates me for some reason.

Nice try Stephanie, but D'andra, or should I call her "Double Dee" doesn't get drunk because of Leeanne.  She gets drunk because she does everything to excess.

D'andra is a spoiled brat with a pigsty closet.

I didn't think it was particularly funny, or any kind of gotcha moment when the producers asked the women what they knew about Thailand, and no one had a quick answer.  It took me a few seconds to drum up anything useful either, and that was that Thailand took in Cambodian refugees in the 70s, and that's only cause I watched The Killing Fields.  What, are the RH Dallas supposed to know the annual rainfall?  Their major imports and exports?  It just fell kind of flat to me is all. 

• Love 15
15 hours ago, sheetmoss said:

I am one of them.  I hate having my hands dirty.  

D'Andra's costume was fine for me until the top came off and she had on that weird see through thing on.  She seems like she is riding the edge of needing a minder when she goes out drinking.  

6 hours ago, hoosiermom said:

It IS!  I just checked the Buena Park one and it would be $127 for 2.  Um no.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, princelina said:

Love Mama Dee asking her about going to Thailand vs. "her business" and D'Andra's response - "It's stressful and I need a break."  Way to get that business back on track girl!

I thought this was completely disingenuous, the show is currently the only job she has that is making D’Andra any money and definitely more than that albatross of a ranking business she managed to foist on her dumb daughter.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5

I can’t decide if D’Andra is trying to make Mama Dee the next” new reality star” or to humiliate her and get revenge...... 

For a recovering addict, D’Andra seems to be boozing it up A LOT. 

Were D’Andra and Leeanne really good friends before the show, or just acquaintances? Neither one acts loyal or caring about the other. I’m starting to think they are both vapid bitches. They deserve each other. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Were D’Andra and Leeanne really good friends before the show, or just acquaintances? Neither one acts loyal or caring about the other. I’m starting to think they are both vapid bitches. They deserve each other. 

Well Leanne was D'Andra's maid of honor when she married Jeremy, and that was before this show started.  But they are both vapid bitches also.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
16 minutes ago, princelina said:

Well Leanne was D'Andra's maid of honor when she married Jeremy, and that was before this show started.  But they are both vapid bitches also.  

One thing I thought was interesting is they have always said they have been friends for years and years before the show started but when LeeAnne was roaming around trying to harsh her buzz, LeeAnne told Kary that she has been looking out for her for six years. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Jel said:

Even if she didn't want to, Kam pretty much as to go "for work".  They are filming a tv show after all.

She told my favorite dumb joke, about Thailand being "in the future". Whenever someone texts me from some far away place I ask them if they have flying cars there yet.

Kam is the only housewife that I both genuinely dislike and genuinely like at the same time.

She's pretentious and clueless, her stance about Brandi vs. LeeAnne confuses me, I don't get how LeeAnne gets so many passes, I bet Brandi at least writes thank you notes.

But she also comes across as earnest and sweet.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 7
30 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Kam is the only housewife that I both genuinely dislike and genuinely like at the same time.

She's pretentious and clueless, her stance about Brandi vs. LeeAnne confuses me, I don't get how LeeAnne gets so many passes, I bet Brandi at least writes thank you notes.

But she also comes across as esrnest and sweet.

Haha I totally get you about Kameron. Even if she's not someone I'd see as the most easy to be friends with, she's not malicious. I wouldn't classify her as a mean girl, like some RH on other shows (BH Brandi, Carlton, Camille). 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 7

I think mama D is a witch.  She saw all the financials so she knew that the business was failing. She stepped down when she couldn't make a go of it herself anymore, and she left  D'Andra holding the bag.  You never take over a business without seeing financials 1st .  My hope is that Diandra makes the real success of it and Burns her mother. Mama D is waiting for her to fail. What kind of mother does that? I hate it when the other women act like mama D is so wonderful.  And when mana D said she was not sorry, I thought it was despicable.

• Love 10

I wonder if Stephanie was throwing shade at many of her fellow Bravo stars when she mentioned the tackiness of people who wear head-to-toe designer logos.  If so, I am loving it.

Damn though, you gotta be pretty effing rich to blow 5K on a Gucci outfit meant to be worn ironically.

• LOL 7
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Kiki777 said:

I wonder if Stephanie was throwing shade at many of her fellow Bravo stars when she mentioned the tackiness of people who wear head-to-toe designer logos.  If so, I am loving it.

Damn though, you gotta be pretty effing rich to blow 5K on a Gucci outfit meant to be worn ironically.

All of the pieces Travis wore are fine on their own when mixed with other clothing and accessories.  The look becomes tacky when you wear them all together.  I wonder if these were all existing pieces that were already in his closet.  

LeeAnne's talking head about how she did not have any mid-life crisis appropriate clothing in her closet.  That look she was sporting while uttering those words fit the bill.  Seriously, that hairstyle should not be worn by anyone over the age of 14.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Dorit and Erika from BH came to mind. Lol. I actually enjoy them both for their beauty and glamour, but they are a little too into wearing designer for the sake of wearing designer. 

• Love 4