Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E11: My Life on the Dee List

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, lizajane said:

Stephanie seems to be the most genuine of these HWs and I hope that Travis shows her that he loves and values her. I think what ever treatment she has been receiving has helped her. Not sure that being involved with this crazy bunch and all their drama is healthy for her.

About the Brandy baby paternity situation. Something in the milk ain't clean with this and I am not buying much of this whole story.

Pretty sure I saw plastic cutlery there.

Yes, there is a cautionary tale here. I think her drinking might be the root of all her business and personal relationship problems. She is also very resentful and comes off as selfish and entitled. How she landed Jeremy and how he puts up with her is a mystery.

Yeah, this whole story stinks.

I don't think the therapy she is getting helped, Stephanie is not doing well right now.  She used to be laughing and smiling all the time, now she is usually holding back tears or crying.  She should leave the show, it is not healthy to be around the arguing, etc when you are depressed and trying to work your way out of it.

I don't think there is anything that stinks about the Bruin's sibling story.  I don't think they want another baby, but they are willing to adopt him/her for Bruin if it is his full biological sibling.  I don't think that is weird, or fishy. 

I don't like Brandi, but I kind of get this.  Also Bruin is the CUTEST baby of all RH shows IMO!

I think Jeremy married "D'Andra Simmons of the WEALTHY Simmons family," only to later realize that she has no money, and terrible financial problems. 

Kind of like how D'Andra got the business - attractive until you see the books/financials!

19 hours ago, nexxie said:

Loved the Stephanie/Mom scene - interesting that the therapist mom provided unconditional love and good advice, but also a bad people-pleaser example. 

Her mom is a therapist?  I missed that.

3 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I wonder if Stephanie was throwing shade at many of her fellow Bravo stars when she mentioned the tackiness of people who wear head-to-toe designer logos.  If so, I am loving it.

(cough) Kyle Richards (cough)

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

I loved Kary's line "D'Andra is Momma Dee meets......prostitute?"  and also Stephanie saying she should go to the bank and get money out of the trust. My other favorite line was when Bryan was trying to figure out why he hadn't been to Medieval Times in so long and Travis said "because you didn't want go."  Also, Leann to her dogs - "Alright, biscuit eaters."  Olivia to Kary - "It's all glitter."

I think Kameron reminds Stephanie of the women who bullied her mom.  That's not all Kameron's fault but Kam seems like such a petty beyotch.  Stephanie is better off letting her go. 

Kary is not going to get financial independence from her jewelry line. Did she have a career before marrying Eduardo?

I think Kary's observation was correct that Leann likes to belittle D'Andra. I do think they miss each other's friendship. 

I want to know more about Sarah and Tami, Travis' sisters!

Bruin is so cute!

Kameron's "friend" appeared to actually be her seamstress. And "Smart Blonde" Kam doesn't know the word disparaging?  I did like her efforts to bond with HIlton although it should be THAT hard to bond with an 8 year old.  It's clear she likes sports and animals so maybe try ike the zoo or a pet rescue or horse back riding... I do appreciate that she is trying to bond on Hilton's terms though and not trying to make Hilton like her.

Edited by iloveit
  • Love 9

Brandi also mentioned something about women over 40 who wear Playboy Bunny costumes, how desperate it is. I thought, hmm, did she watch BH this year? (Didn't Kyle dress as a Bunny?)

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Jel said:

Brandi also mentioned something about women over 40 who wear Playboy Bunny costumes, how desperate it is. I thought, hmm, did she watch BH this year? (Didn't Kyle dress as a Bunny?)

Brandi definitely wore that costume better than Kyle.  I noticed she had some clear straps to help keep the bodice where it is supposed to be.  

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I wonder if Stephanie was throwing shade at many of her fellow Bravo stars when she mentioned the tackiness of people who wear head-to-toe designer logos.  If so, I am loving it.

Damn though, you gotta be pretty effing rich to blow 5K on a Gucci outfit meant to be worn ironically.

I think Dorit has that exact outfit. Haha.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Beaded jewelry, $300 a pop, hard no for me, besides TJ Maxx sells yards of beaded jewelry for $29.99 on the regular.

That's what I don't get about all of these HW ventures. Those necklaces were cute, but certainly nothing new or unique. What are you offering me that I can't already find at Target, Amazon, etc.?

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Jel said:

I thought she was just making fun of herself since she is 40. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Were D’Andra and Leeanne really good friends before the show, or just acquaintances?

I kinda think LeeAnne targeted the family and sidled up to the two Ds and their money and social position.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 5

I thought Brandi looked cute in her Playboy bunny outfit in a way that Kyle Richards did not.  The big difference is, Brandi brings the fun wherever she goes, whereas Kyle is always trying to prove how sexy/hot/beautiful she is, always attention-grabbing, showing off her splits or striding Mauricio.  Brandi is just this fun girl who happens to still have a great bod, and I think she pulled it off.

LeighAnn has some nerve talking about D'Andra's costume, in that LeighAnn couldn't be bothered to come up with something better than "mall wear".  (lol!!)  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Jel said:

3 hours ago, angelamh66 said:

I think Dorit has that exact outfit. Haha.

So, the Dallas ladies dressed as the Beverly Hills ladies to portray mid-life crisis!  HAHA!

I don't like Brandi, but I am starting to warm up to her, a little.  I will like her if she starts to act kindly toward Leanne.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 2:18 PM, ZaldamoWilder said:

Lmao!!!! at which point it may actually be true.

For the reason it sounds like it should have.   Take the baby, don't take the baby, but she sounded like a complete fucking idiot basing their consideration on whether or not this is his *whole* sibling.   It's his sibling, dumbass.    <-- Ooooh look another statement tee lol

lil Wilder's 17th birthday, this is where she wanted to go.  She and the gaggle absolutely loved it.   My feelings were mixed.  The food was shockingly much better than I had anticipated (but still about a 6.5 outta 10), I liked that the kids were laughing their assess off from the excitement of the joust, but would I go back?  nuh uh.   It's just my personal belief that horse shit, hay, javelins and cornbread don't mix.  I loved GOT on tv, near my plate? I'm good.   Tipped that lady 50% for the indignity of being referred to (by other castledwellers) as a wench.  Yeah yeah yeah, historical accuracy, but she's wearing a name tag and you're holding an iPhone, please call her Joanne.

Not sure how to feel about D'eandra.  Hasn't she known her mama long enough to foresee this position?  Considering that she was asking for more responsibility and decision making power at work and finally got it, is this really (behaviorally) a surprise is what I'm asking.

Did you catch the preview of them on a samlor and somebody is singing what must be an actual song? (because her seat partner joins in) the lyrics of which go something like:  "we're in Thailand, where everybody gets a baby elephant" 

giphy.gif

I feel like if Stephanie can deal with Travis' exhausting ass, Kam should cause her no agitation whatsoever. 

Butt sex.  Now, drink! 

I feel alone is this, but I find Travis extremely unappealing.   From his lists that treat his wife as a child or servant, to his constant appeals for "butt sex", including in front of Steph's parents, to his "new money" style of living in ornate, marbled mansions, I just can't like him.  In fact, when they showed the flashback of Travis floating in his dumb bathroom pool, I thought he looked absolutely repugnant.

I also think part of Steph's struggle is the lifestyle of conspicuous consumption, where she doesn't have to trouble her mind for anything other than yet another hundred thou dropped on a party, and how to decorate Travis's mansions.  She trained to be a social worker, which is not a career people go into lightly.  They are dedicated to helping those in need.  How can she not notice the emptiness of her trophy wife status?

• Useful 4
  • Love 20
10 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

(cough) Kyle Richards (cough)

Haha... When Brandi said she was wearing a playboy bunny outfit because anyone over the age of 40 who wears a bunny costume must be having a mid life crisis, I thought of Kyle wearing a bunny outfit last season. 

EDIT: I didn’t finish reading this thread before I made this comment and appears other made this connection 😁

Edited by laffytaffy997
Add comment
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, laffytaffy997 said:

Haha... When Brandi said she was wearing a playboy bunny outfit because anyone over the age of 40 who wears a bunny costume must be having a mid life crisis, I thought of Kyle wearing a bunny outfit last season. 

EDIT: I didn’t finish reading this thread before I made this comment and appears other made this connection 😁

I like the way you think, LaffyTaffy997 😉

• LOL 1
4 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I feel alone is this, but I find Travis extremely unappealing.   From his lists that treat his wife as a child or servant, to his constant appeals for "butt sex", including in front of Steph's parents, to his "new money" style of living in ornate, marbled mansions, I just can't like him.  In fact, when they showed the flashback of Travis floating in his dumb bathroom pool, I thought he looked absolutely repugnant.

I also think part of Steph's struggle is the lifestyle of conspicuous consumption, where she doesn't have to trouble her mind for anything other than yet another hundred thou dropped on a party, and how to decorate Travis's mansions.  She trained to be a social worker, which is not a career people go into lightly.  They are dedicated to helping those in need.  How can she not notice the emptiness of her trophy wife status?

I’m with you. He’s just gauche and immature. He acts like he’s still a frat brah and what kind of buffoon talks about anal sex in open company especially on a special occasion. He’s not even attractive with that big fat face and smushed up nose. I really hope he treats Stephanie better than it appears. She bends over backwards for him in and out of the bedroom. 

The only time I felt myself lightening up on him was during his business talk with D’andra. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

I kinda think LeeAnne targeted the family and sidled up to the two Ds and their money and social position.

And now done the same with Kam?

I thought Brandi looked cute in her Playboy bunny outfit in a way that Kyle Richards did not.  The big difference is, Brandi brings the fun wherever she goes, whereas Kyle is always trying to prove how sexy/hot/beautiful she is, always attention-grabbing, showing off her splits or striding Mauricio.  Brandi is just this fun girl who happens to still have a great bod, and I think she pulled it off.

I don't think it's that, they both have great bodies. The difference is, Brandi knows how to dress for her body. Kyle...does not.

So, the Dallas ladies dressed as the Beverly Hills ladies to portray mid-life crisis!  HAHA!

Well, it's more of a HWs things in general...in the NJ threads, some people were joking that the show this year was being sponsored by Chanel...

• Love 5
On 11/15/2019 at 3:29 PM, RedheadZombie said:

I wonder what kind of charity work Stephanie does.  She might do well volunteering a couple days/week helping people.

• Love 5
On 11/15/2019 at 6:29 PM, RedheadZombie said:

Wow, so perfectly put, every word of it. You are dead-on about a VERY large cause of Stephanie’s depression. 

And also dead-on that Travis is quite repellent. Travis and Brian are very chauvinistic and have their wives firmly in exactly the little servant/trophy spot they want. 

Edited by Sage47
  • Love 6
On 11/14/2019 at 3:48 PM, Natalie68 said:

D'Andra's costume was fine for me until the top came off and she had on that weird see through thing on.  She seems like she is riding the edge of needing a minder when she goes out drinking.  

She needs the lady sitter!

On 11/15/2019 at 1:10 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

Beaded jewelry, $300 a pop, hard no for me, besides TJ Maxx sells yards of beaded jewelry for $29.99 on the regular.

Hard no for me too.  They are super cute but too much $.  Those kind of bracelets always end up failing and beads going all over the house... May as well pick up cheap bracelet beads off your floor... Probably came from the same place.  For anyone else local to Dallas - head over to Sam Moon....probably could find the same thing there.

I do not think Stephanie is a trophy wife for Travis - though her looks do fill that category.  They seem to have been married longer than he has had as much wealth as he has now.   He doesn’t bother me as he seems like a total jokester (outside of his work) so the comments come off as joking vs snide or controlling to me.   I also agree that Brian is uncomfortable on camera more so than just a regular ass....  

• Love 10

I like Stephanie, and I think Cam is generating this conflict out of nowhere.  That said, nonsensical conflicts are the bread and butter of Housewives franchises, so if that's a trigger for Stephanie she should really not be participating in the show.

• Love 3
On 11/17/2019 at 9:55 PM, DFWGina said:

I do not think Stephanie is a trophy wife for Travis - though her looks do fill that category.  They seem to have been married longer than he has had as much wealth as he has now.   He doesn’t bother me as he seems like a total jokester (outside of his work) so the comments come off as joking vs snide or controlling to me.   I also agree that Brian is uncomfortable on camera more so than just a regular ass....  

I should have clarified that I DO think Travis really loves Stephanie and that they have a good marriage. I don’t think that she’s *just* a trophy to him at all, just that she’s still slightly in that category  due to his chauvinistic views. 

I wonder what LeeAnne will think when she sees the footage of Rich commenting on all of the hot women at their reception. Remember when she told Kary, “Rich is faithful as a motherf@$!er!” Yea, suuuure he is LeeAnne. Why do people like Rich bother getting married multiple times? Does he have that much money to blow on all those divorces?? Pretty mind boggling....

• Love 5
On 11/19/2019 at 8:23 AM, Sage47 said:

I wonder what LeeAnne will think when she sees the footage of Rich commenting on all of the hot women at their reception. Remember when she told Kary, “Rich is faithful as a motherf@$!er!” Yea, suuuure he is LeeAnne. Why do people like Rich bother getting married multiple times? Does he have that much money to blow on all those divorces?? Pretty mind boggling....

Just how faithful are motherf@$!ers? 😄   (Although for what it's worth, I thought he just thought he was being funny at the reception)

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 11/14/2019 at 11:46 AM, Sterling said:

Seinfeld reference!  George says "I love you" first, but doesn't get the return.  Jerry says, "That's a pretty big matzo ball hanging out there".

That's where I heard that before? At first I thought it was in reference to SNL's Gilda Radner skit - Rosanne-Rosanna-danna

Edited by Chalby
misspelled where
On 11/19/2019 at 5:23 AM, Sage47 said:

Does he have that much money to blow on all those divorces?? Pretty mind boggling....

Is Rich wealthy (despite what his name implies?) I assumed he has been married 4 times because he married wealthy women who support him.

I don’t see Kary and her husband’s marriage lasting. She’s all but said, several times, that she’s on the show because she wants to have her own means of income for when she leaves Eduardo. Lol. I mean, she hasn’t blatantly SAID she wants to leave Eduardo, but it’s obvious by the way she talks about it that she thinks about what she’d have if she left him a lot. 
I give it 2-3 years. She’ll stay with him for the next year, bc it’s her first year, so the Bravo $ isn’t much yet, she’s probably only being paid $20K or so for this season. But, if she gets asked back and gets a contract, she’ll be making 6 figures. 

• Love 5
On 11/26/2019 at 12:22 PM, SheTalksShit said:

I don’t see Kary and her husband’s marriage lasting. She’s all but said, several times, that she’s on the show because she wants to have her own means of income for when she leaves Eduardo. Lol. I mean, she hasn’t blatantly SAID she wants to leave Eduardo, but it’s obvious by the way she talks about it that she thinks about what she’d have if she left him a lot. 
I give it 2-3 years. She’ll stay with him for the next year, bc it’s her first year, so the Bravo $ isn’t much yet, she’s probably only being paid $20K or so for this season. But, if she gets asked back and gets a contract, she’ll be making 6 figures. 

That is exactly what I am thinking.. who constantly says that they are worried about their financial future if/when they split up with their husband UNLESS they are constantly thinking about leaving their husband?

She must be in a bad place emotionally.  She is picking on Leann, and that is usually how the housewives act when they are having trouble at home - they find the weakest link and pick on them.  It is directly from the Tamra Barney playbook of how hurt people hurt people. 

It also reminds me of that (sad, awful) thing people used to say about how the guy who is treated horribly at work goes home to kick the dog. 

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 4