Type keyword(s) to search

S28.E04: Top 10

• Start Topic

I can say this: Leah didn't make it boring.  Not that it was necessarily a good thing.  (For the record, I do like her and her work exposing Scientology has been brilliant.) This is probably the first time I've seen Bruno step up in Len's defense and basically told her and the audience to shut the hell up and let him talk.  

Not surprised about Lamar, but I am somewhat surprised Kamaro is polling that low.  And I've learned that you should never discount the GOP vote.  Sean is going to sticking around for a while.  

Edited by mtlchick
  • Love 7

Lamar has finally been put out of his misery.   He showed improvement tonight but he still exhibits no joy.   It makes me feel sorry for him, somehow.   His children seemed to cheer him up a bit.

• Love 16

Poor Lamar. I can’t help feeling for him. 

I like Leah Remini so overall I enjoyed her . I think she looked a bit sheepish when Bruno had to defend Len.

I really like Karamo in Queer Eye but here he seems so... desperate and try hard maybe? 

I think the top two are for sure Hannah and James. 

• Love 5

Tonight was a weird night because I felt I was underwhelmed by almost everyone and I didn't agree with the stuff the judges were praising.  I'm not even sure who I'd say was the best of the night.

Definitely Karamo's best dance but Jenna is a moron starting the dance with an obvious list and costing her partner a point for no real reason.

I don't know if Karamo is polling that badly so much that in this set up, going last isn't necessarily a good thing.  Unless you have a dedicated fanbase that is voting for you no matter what and not waiting to see you dance, people have the least amount of time to vote for you.  I'd guess if he danced earlier he wouldn't have been B2.  Still don't think Jenna is doing him any favors though.

I was super nervous Kate was going to wind up in the B2 after being scored down a bit.  No, she wasn't as good as the last few weeks but she's still adorable and I honestly didn't trust the judges to save her over anyone but Lamar.  Sean of course but we all knew he wasn't hitting B2.

Other than that I didn't love any of the dances the judges were praising.  Sailor is gorgeous but her dance was pretty basic.  Ally was whatever.  James had some mess ups.  I barely even remember Hannah's.  I did like Kel.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 8

I thought James was wildly underscored, he deserved 8’s at least.

I like Karamo’s dancing and can’t figure out why they are scoring him so low.  He’s way better than the worst dancers.  I’d say he and Kate are dancing at the same level.

The country singer continues to underwhelm.  The judges will end up having to take out Sean.  The show has certainly become a barometer for how voting works in the US.

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

I can say this: Leah didn't make it boring.  Not that it was necessarily a good thing.  (For the record, I do like her and her work exposing Scientology has been brilliant.) This is probably the first time I've seen Bruno step up in Len's defense and basically told her and the audience to shut the hell up and let him talk.  

I half expected Tom to step in at one point and be like, "Children, don't make me turn this car around..." :p. 

Not surprised about Lamar, but I am somewhat surprised Kamaro is polling that low.  And I've learned that you should never discount the GOP vote.  Sean is going to sticking around for a while.  

Sigh. I hope not. I'm not surprised that Lamar left, but it should've been him and Sean in the bottom two. Hopefully Sean will be voted out next week. 

I thought the women were particularly strong tonight. Lauren's dance was particularly good and I loved how the dance fit with the story of the lyrics (also, wishing her cousin well). Ally, Hannah, and Sailor were great, too. 

And yay, Kel for such a fun dance :D! Also, learning he has college-age children makes me feel old, so thanks for that, show. I also thought Karamo's dance was fun. 

And congrats to James. Six kids soon, wow. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 6

So glad we won't have to watch Lamar grabbing at his junk anymore. He's done that at least twice while Erin is interviewing people (tonight while Hannah and Alan were being interviewed by her), and it's so gross!

1 minute ago, nickp1991 said:

Thank god Lamar Odom is gone No more watching him play with his junk on national tv

We posted that at the same time!! LOL

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

I like Karamo’s dancing and can’t figure out why they are scoring him so low.  He’s way better than the worst dancers.  I’d say he and Kate are dancing at the same level.

I think Kate was better the last two weeks and Karamo was better tonight.  He also outscored Kate tonight by a few points so he wasn't necessarily scored low tonight outside of Len's fake out.  This was the first time I thought Karamo's technique looked more polished.  He's a good performer though and I think he just gelled with this dance style more from what he said.  But he's obviously way better than Lamar and Sean.  

Also for Office fans, tonight's audience sightings:

Steve Carell tweeted but next time Kate needs to tell him to tweet about voting for her.
Edited by spanana
  • Love 5
32 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

I can say this: Leah didn't make it boring.

No, she just made it even louder and more obnoxious than this show usually is. Which is pretty much her default - loud and obnoxious. So after not even watching last week because well, I just didn't feel like it, I plodded through this week. 

I still like James but if he doesn't win this thing, it'll be down to Emma's not so great choreography and her not tightening up the routines. Their dance did get a bit messy with the lack of synchronization.  I actually saw what Carrie Ann was saying. 

Hannah is a really good dancer but still just annoying as fuck so whatever. Kate is adorable and it's clear Pasha is teaching her technique. So while the dances may not be over the top flashy, you can see all the elements of the dance. She has some gorgeous legs too. Sailor will be a finalist. I think she's going to be the "journey" contestant this season. Started only okay and will only get better and better. 

Everyone else, whatever. And just as I predicted. While the judges choosing who leaves is great, it only works if an obviously weak dancer is actually in the Bottom 2. I have no idea why some thought Spicer being there was a foregone conclusion when both Bobby and Joe didn't see the Bottom 2 until the latter left at Final 6. And of course we all know what happened with Bobby. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 6

Well, bye Lamar! I am totally not surprised. But at least he was actually better this week. Peta did a good job this week with him, and I hope he took away something from this experience. 

Sailor needs to stop lip synching to the songs that she apparently really likes. This is the second week, at least, where she's noticeably singing along to at least 80% of the song and it's distracting.

James, I felt, was underscored by at least a point, maybe two. Yes, he was a bit out of sync but all 7s, on par with Karamo/Jenna? 

Speaking of Karamo, he definitely did better and I do think the 7s were all deserved. But man, do I feel a disconnect with his dances.

Meanwhile, Kel makes me smile and I am so glad he got great scores this week. 

I liked Hannah's dance. She still has an excellent shot at winning (and I think she will). I also adore Kate but can't disagree with her scores. Once again, I think Kate needs a more serious dance in order to really show what she has. Lauren could be so great, if not for her partner. 

Overall, I still have my top four as James, Hannah, Kate, and Kel. I don't think that's changing. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, tealeaves said:

He continues to be Underscored this season period.  But James has the fan base vote.

I'd argue I think TPTB know they can underscore him and he will probably still make the finals so I don't think he's actually in any danger of going home.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

No, she just made it even louder and more obnoxious than this show usually is. Which is pretty much her default - loud and obnoxious.

I was yelling at the t.v.  “Shut up and sit down”.

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Anyone notice that one of Sean's friends in the audience was none other than Scott Baio?

I did. But why was Jerry Mathers in the audience? I was switching back and forth watching Below Deck premiere, so wasn’t sure if Tom mentioned him.

• Love 5

I despise Leah Remini for the same reason I despise Kirstie Alley -- they're both huge attention whores who make everything about themselves and don't know when to shut up and sit down. I often wonder if they're drunk, high or both. I knew Leah as a guest judge would be a disaster. I don't mind former contestants coming back to guest judge if they have at least some knowledge of dancing or did really well on the show. Leah was a lousy dancer and she didn't even make the finals. And really.....what did her "You owned that!" or "You were amazing!" or, my favorite of the night, "I love your smile!" commentary add to the show? Clearly after the first round, and other than Lamar who she felt sorry for, she was being coached by Carrie Ann what to score people. She just made the show annoying enough that I was on the verge several times of turning it off. But it's not surprising because she was just as annoying when she filled in for Erin.

Rather than this ridiculous stunt casting of former contestants or random singers who have new music they need to promote, why not bring back some of the OG pros to guest judge? I'm not talking about Maks.....why not Karina or Tony or Anna or Kym or Mark? I would much rather hear from people who know what they're talking about than someone who's just in need of a paycheck and some attention because her show is ending.

And good for Bruno for speaking up about letting Len talk. I think even he was annoyed with Leah by that point because he's never spoken up like that before and the audience wasn't even booing that bad.

I like Karamo but boy is Jenna a lousy teacher. As soon as that dance started I knew they'd be dinged for a lift and she should've known it too. Each week makes it more and more obvious what a mistake it was keeping Gleb and Jenna over Artem and Sharna. At this point, I even would have rather seen Keo and the new girl with partners over these two. Jenna is lucky that Val was ready to settle down and get married and decided to go back and settle for her. Unfortunately for us, this means we're now stuck with her.

Kel now joins James and Kate in my top 3. He was so much fun tonight and maybe the bottom 2 scare was what he needed. I thought James's dance was better than his scores. Kate was better last week but I still enjoyed her a lot. 

The producers had to know this would happen when they cast Spicer. I think a few more decent dancers will go home before he even hits the bottom 2. For that reason alone he shouldn't have been cast if they were trying to remove the bad taste of season 27.

Erin's dress tonight was absolutely stunning. However, she needs better people working with her. When she first came out with Tom I was wondering what happened to her boobs, which looked non-existent. Then after interviewing someone, the camera caught her making a comment to someone about her bra.

I felt awful for Lamar when he got his scores. He had improved from last week so there was no reason at all for Len and Bruno to give him 4s. If for no other reason than to make him feel better they could've gone up to 5s. Not like it was going to affect the outcome.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Ladyrain said:

Lamar has finally been put out of his misery.   He showed improvement tonight but he still exhibits no joy.   It makes me feel sorry for him, somehow.   His children seemed to cheer him up a bit.

I was not sorry to see him go but I did think Len and Bruno were a bit hard on him. If Sean could get 5's, then so should Lamar gotten 5's instead of the dreaded 4's! I also think he would have looked better dancing with someone his daughter's height! He still would not have been a better dancer, but someone taller would have made him look better!

52 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

I thought James was wildly underscored, he deserved 8’s at least.

In this case, no he wasn't. He and Emma were not synced from the beginning. He was doing one thing and she another from the get go. This happened several times but I did enjoy the dance.

34 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Sailor needs to stop lip synching to the songs that she apparently really likes. This is the second week, at least, where she's noticeably singing along to at least 80% of the song and it's distracting.

Well, in her defense, so was Val!

25 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Anyone notice that one of Sean's friends in the audience was none other than Scott Baio?

Thank you! I thought I saw him but I wasn't sure. And I saw Beaver(Jerry Mathers) there also!

Edited by suebee12
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, suebee12 said:

Thank you! I thought I saw him but I wasn't sure. And I saw Beaver(Jerry Mathers) there also!

Jerry Mathers is apparently friends with Kate.  Also I swear she knows everyone.

• Love 7

The show hasn't changed and has been fixed for some time. Karamo reminds me of Tamar - someone who turned out to be good but wasn't supposed be in the pre-determined top. Therefore, the judges score him down.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
Just now, Miss Slay said:

The show hasn't changed and has been fixed for some time. Karamo reminds me of Tamar - someone who turned out to be good but wasn't supposed be in the pre-determined top. Therefore, the judges score him down.

I don't think that is true at all.  I think everyone expected Karamo to be one of the frontrunners and then he had a rough first few weeks and now he's starting to pick up some steam, but is it too late with viewers?

• Love 9

Spicer is just going to Bristol Palin his way to the semifinals. Puke. I don’t even watch him. I refuse. 

If I was a contestant or one of the pros I would be annoyed that Len gets booed and cut off when he very likely has something useful to say. I was glad Bruno said what he said. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

I don't think the whole show is fixed....but I think there agreements in place that say, a singer with a new single coming out, is going to be guaranteed to remain on the show long enough to boost their songs....no matter his/her skill level.

Edited by sinycalone
  • Love 3

My favorites for the night were Kel and Ally. Kel is just so smooth I really love watching him dance. 

James is normally great but I feel like tonight was his weakest dance. I also wasn't crazy about Kate's dance.

I think it's a joke Sean wasnt in the bottom two.I felt so bad for Karamo.  

i am scared to see who Sean will outlast now that the weaker dancers are gone. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Miss Slay said:

Tamar was actually a better dancer than karamo. I mean she came out of the gate good whereas Karamo not so much and still hasnt had that wow moment to say he is a contender.

Ok tonight show was interesting to say the least. 

I have no idea what was up with Leah. I loved her when she helped cohost with Tom that one time while Erin was out, I forgot what season that was but she was good but her judging tonight on the panel was not a good idea. She was on some kind of high and I can feel the tension between her and the judges esp. Len. I wonder was she acting extra like that because the Ladies of the Talk were there. She was fired from that show for the same reasons were calling her out for which being obnoxious and loud so I read about.

Kel had the best dance of the night and that was his best dance so far. Everything was on point from his technique and performance.

Ally, tho I loved her performance quality, her technique wasnt that good enough to receive all 8s. Her kicks and flicks were off a bit compared to Sasha and it seemed like she lost balance a couple of times as well. Sidenote: they need to retire the Proud Mary song for jive. I know its the perfect song for jive but its been done way too much and im kinda over it.

Hannah did better this week but I still dont find her exciting when she dances and her paso doble she showed inconsistency with her look. She kept going in out of character.

Perfectly fine with Lamar going home, he just wasnt going to get any better but on the sidenote his kids r absolutely gorgeous.

• Love 5

Lesson learned: Voting viewers are more turned off by Mrs. Val than Spicer. Karamo is the victim of an unpopular pro.

I've liked Leah Remini since she guest starred on Saved by the Bell, but I am disgusted by the way Len is treated. He is head judge and his critiques are valid, so please let him finish speaking. I'm horrified when Tom and the other judges allow it. A bit of ribbing is fine, but this season has been more disrespectful than ever toward him.

And people need to stop grabbing, touching, and kissing Len without his consent. It's not endearing. If young men did this to a cranky old woman, there'd be an uproar. I'm on the younger side but I'm old school. Show some respect, folks. Keep your hands and your boos to yourself.

Edited by thesupremediva1
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

I felt awful for Lamar when he got his scores. He had improved from last week so there was no reason at all for Len and Bruno to give him 4s.

I believe they gave him 4s to balance out Leah's ridiculous 7! I don't care how sorry she felt for him, that's not how judging is supposed to work. If she wants to over-score people, stay in the audience and vote like the rest of the general public. I like Leah, but she sucked tonight!!!

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, MsTree said:

I believe they gave him 4s to balance out Leah's ridiculous 7! I don't care how sorry she felt for him, that's not how judging is supposed to work. If she wants to over-score people, stay in the audience and vote like the rest of the general public. I like Leah, but she sucked tonight!!!

Thank you!

The minute she started with her first (of 10) “you’re not a dancer...” comment of the night, I knew she’d be over scoring people. 

I can’t believe she actually said “this is to balance it out” when she gave a 7 to Lamar. (I think it was Lamar - will edit if I need to.)

Jenna and her snarky comment to Carrie Ann about the starting position was inappropriate and immature. Val skated on a technicality loophole last week, so she probably thought she’d be able to do the same. What an arrogant idiot. 

Kel, Kate and James are my picks for the top three. Kel is definitely a dark horse and his dance tonight showcased his ability. Kate couldn’t get into character tonight, which was a bummer, but other than that, she is doing really well! 

I’m cold hearted because I cannot feel sorry for Lamar Odom. He couldn’t even celebrate high scores for other people or act like he’s part of a group at all. Not a team player. Everyone else cheered for him when he needed a pep talk, but he can’t be happy when someone does better than he does? Maybe it’s his ego or symptoms of other stuff he’s dealing with - either way, I’m glad he’s gone. Next stop: Spicer.

Long Live Len!! 

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 9

I liked tonight! Overall everyone seemed better. Or maybe I'm just enjoying the relief of a necessary elimination. Sometimes I'm not a nice person. 

I really enjoyed Kel.  He was so much more engaged. (Also, I'm a sucker for a toddler - Holy shit that kid is cute.)

Ally was good, but somehow a little bit of a let down after last week.  I feel like she didn't connect with it and was sort of just bouncing through the music.  I don't know if that makes sense.

I still love Kate.  But I agree with the comments.  Her face was in a different dance than her body.

Again agreeing with the comments, Van der Beek and Emma didn't match their movements.  They're in sync rhythmically, but there is a difference in the feel and volume (if that makes sense) of their movements. That said, I thought they were under scored.

Unrelated to the dancing: My Dude, being a sucker for children notwithstanding, 6?  Holy Hell.  Also, it always irks me when men say "we're pregnant". It was a nice moment, however, when he was so open about their experience with miscarriages.  It is common and people not talking about it leads to a lot of guilt and shame that is utterly misplaced.

Hannah really did well.  I wish someone had told her to use the floor with her feet more.  There was a lightness to her movement that would be great in a lot of dances, but felt misplaced in the paso.

Lamar was Lamar.  I couldn't pay attention and I doubt I would regret anything I missed.

Sailor just irked me.  I have no real explanation. I don't know that it wasn't good. I just didn't like watching it. Maybe it was me.  Not sorry.

Lauren was lovely.  Also, Dolly gets me more than toddlers. 

Karamo was pretty good.  His issue for me has been a lack of control.  He had all this s****** energy.   Think the Tango was a good dance for him to learn some disciple in his body.  Also, his excitement after was fucking adorable.

It took me a while to realize it, but I watched on demand and it skipped Sean and Lindsay.  More even than Lamar, I don't feel I missed anything I wanted to see. 

• Love 3

I am just not really getting into this season.  Half the guys I don't know, and I get confused about who they are, and overall, there is something missing.  I am guessing it is just because the show has lost some of its magic having been on for so long.  I like they are back to basics a bit more--that part is fine, but perhaps it is the cast or something else just not doing it for me. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Bridget said:

I can’t believe she actually said “this is to balance it out” when she gave a 7 to Lamar. (I think it was Lamar - will edit if I need to.)

I just saw a clip of her being interviewed after the show and she said that while she knows the judges are professional dancers looking at the technical aspect, "sometimes I just don't give a crap about the technical." Tell me again why they thought, of all the former contestants, asking her to guest judge was a good idea?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Linderhill said:

as was I.  She really needed to side down and shut up.  Especially towards the end.

Lea was standing and yelling “ it’s not fair”, haha.  Is she nuts?  Omar was terrible, and although we were all cheering for him, I’m surprised he lasted this long.  I’m happy Len put her in her place.  She was over the top, and those lips, yikes !  What does she know about dancing?  Where were the Kartrashians?

• Love 2

I remember early on in the American Idol days there was a "Vote for the Worst" movement that resulted in some bizarre results.  I'm wondering if such a thing is going on with this show for the past couple of seasons.  Bobby Bones?  Sean Spicer?  Really???

• Love 7
1 hour ago, alexa said:

I am guessing it is just because the show has lost some of its magic having been on for so long.  I like they are back to basics a bit more--that part is fine, but perhaps it is the cast or something else just not doing it for me. 

All of this. For me it's partly the cast but more so, and I only realized it last night, I don't care for most of the Pro lineup. I like what I'm seeing of Pasha and him they can definitely keep around. But Alan, Jenna, Gleb, Peta, even Sasha, Witney and Emma are all bleh to me.

Witney is as inspired as the partnership she has with her celebrity. You can tell when she truly enjoys working with a celebrity and she's really inspired - we saw it with Frankie and we definitely saw it last season with Milo. This season, no offense to Kel but this ain't it. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Was this the Lea Remini Show?  It sure seemed like.  Boy, was she thirsty.

omg I was embarrassed for her. She came off so desperate and wanting all attention to be on her. Also, why have guest judges when all they say is, "you were amazing." I understand they don't have dance background so they're not gonna talk about their left foot being out of place etc, but say something useful.

• Love 5
46 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

All of this. For me it's partly the cast but more so, and I only realized it last night, I don't care for most of the Pro lineup. I like what I'm seeing of Pasha and him they can definitely keep around. But Alan, Jenna, Gleb, Peta, even Sasha, Witney and Emma are all bleh to me.

Witney is as inspired as the partnership she has with her celebrity. You can tell when she truly enjoys working with a celebrity and she's really inspired - we saw it with Frankie and we definitely saw it last season with Milo. This season, no offense to Kel but this ain't it. 

Good point about the pros.  I still never recognize Jenna as anyone I am familiar with, and there are a couple of others as well.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

I just saw a clip of her being interviewed after the show and she said that while she knows the judges are professional dancers looking at the technical aspect, "sometimes I just don't give a crap about the technical." Tell me again why they thought, of all the former contestants, asking her to guest judge was a good idea?

For me personally, they need to invite guest judges who actually have some kinda knowledge of dance. I dont know why they want to just invite past pros to help guest judge or anyone who has dance knowledge then they want have go through what they went through with Leah who wasnt even good enough to comeback to critique anyone dance.

• Love 7