Type keyword(s) to search

S28.E04: Top 10

• Start Topic

I'm glad Bruno spoke up.  Her face right after he did that was priceless. She looked pissed.  

Given that she was probably told to behave like that and possibly didn't know that it would earn her a lecture from Bruno (or was he told to do that, too?), I'd also be pissed.

• Love 2
On 10/7/2019 at 10:01 PM, mtlchick said:

I can say this: Leah didn't make it boring.  Not that it was necessarily a good thing.  (For the record, I do like her and her work exposing Scientology has been brilliant.) This is probably the first time I've seen Bruno step up in Len's defense and basically told her and the audience to shut the hell up and let him talk.  

Not surprised about Lamar, but I am somewhat surprised Kamaro is polling that low.  And I've learned that you should never discount the GOP vote.  Sean is going to sticking around for a while.  

Leah’s not knowledgeable but she brings a sense of humor that was needed and she’s fun.

I’m glad Lamar was the one voted off but I’m really surprised that Sean wasn’t in the bottom 2. Who votes for him anyhow. 

On 10/7/2019 at 10:01 PM, mtlchick said:

I can say this: Leah didn't make it boring.  Not that it was necessarily a good thing.  (For the record, I do like her and her work exposing Scientology has been brilliant.) This is probably the first time I've seen Bruno step up in Len's defense and basically told her and the audience to shut the hell up and let him talk.  

Not surprised about Lamar, but I am somewhat surprised Kamaro is polling that low.  And I've learned that you should never discount the GOP vote.  Sean is going to sticking around for a while.  

I’m not surprised Kamaro is polling low but surprised he’s lower than Sean.

On 10/7/2019 at 10:07 PM, TiredMe said:

Poor Lamar. I can’t help feeling for him. 

I like Leah Remini so overall I enjoyed her . I think she looked a bit sheepish when Bruno had to defend Len.

I really like Karamo in Queer Eye but here he seems so... desperate and try hard maybe? 

I think the top two are for sure Hannah and James. 

I think it’s Hannah, James and Ally.

• Love 2
On 10/7/2019 at 10:07 PM, spanana said:

Tonight was a weird night because I felt I was underwhelmed by almost everyone and I didn't agree with the stuff the judges were praising.  I'm not even sure who I'd say was the best of the night.

Definitely Karamo's best dance but Jenna is a moron starting the dance with an obvious list and costing her partner a point for no real reason.

I don't know if Karamo is polling that badly so much that in this set up, going last isn't necessarily a good thing.  Unless you have a dedicated fanbase that is voting for you no matter what and not waiting to see you dance, people have the least amount of time to vote for you.  I'd guess if he danced earlier he wouldn't have been B2.  Still don't think Jenna is doing him any favors though.

I was super nervous Kate was going to wind up in the B2 after being scored down a bit.  No, she wasn't as good as the last few weeks but she's still adorable and I honestly didn't trust the judges to save her over anyone but Lamar.  Sean of course but we all knew he wasn't hitting B2.

Other than that I didn't love any of the dances the judges were praising.  Sailor is gorgeous but her dance was pretty basic.  Ally was whatever.  James had some mess ups.  I barely even remember Hannah's.  I did like Kel.

I’m happy Kel had a good week.

On 10/7/2019 at 10:19 PM, spanana said:

I think Kate was better the last two weeks and Karamo was better tonight.  He also outscored Kate tonight by a few points so he wasn't necessarily scored low tonight outside of Len's fake out.  This was the first time I thought Karamo's technique looked more polished.  He's a good performer though and I think he just gelled with this dance style more from what he said.  But he's obviously way better than Lamar and Sean.  

Also for Office fans, tonight's audience sightings:

Steve Carell tweeted but next time Kate needs to tell him to tweet about voting for her.

Karamo definitely showed a lot of improvement this week.

• Love 1
On 10/7/2019 at 10:34 PM, tealeaves said:

He continues to be Underscored this season period.  But James has the fan base vote.

James was definitely underscored this week.

On 10/7/2019 at 10:39 PM, madpsych78 said:

Anyone notice that one of Sean's friends in the audience was none other than Scott Baio?

I thought that was him. Didn’t know he was friends with him 

On 10/7/2019 at 11:00 PM, Toonces464 said:

I despise Leah Remini for the same reason I despise Kirstie Alley -- they're both huge attention whores who make everything about themselves and don't know when to shut up and sit down. I often wonder if they're drunk, high or both. I knew Leah as a guest judge would be a disaster. I don't mind former contestants coming back to guest judge if they have at least some knowledge of dancing or did really well on the show. Leah was a lousy dancer and she didn't even make the finals. And really.....what did her "You owned that!" or "You were amazing!" or, my favorite of the night, "I love your smile!" commentary add to the show? Clearly after the first round, and other than Lamar who she felt sorry for, she was being coached by Carrie Ann what to score people. She just made the show annoying enough that I was on the verge several times of turning it off. But it's not surprising because she was just as annoying when she filled in for Erin.

Rather than this ridiculous stunt casting of former contestants or random singers who have new music they need to promote, why not bring back some of the OG pros to guest judge? I'm not talking about Maks.....why not Karina or Tony or Anna or Kym or Mark? I would much rather hear from people who know what they're talking about than someone who's just in need of a paycheck and some attention because her show is ending.

And good for Bruno for speaking up about letting Len talk. I think even he was annoyed with Leah by that point because he's never spoken up like that before and the audience wasn't even booing that bad.

I like Karamo but boy is Jenna a lousy teacher. As soon as that dance started I knew they'd be dinged for a lift and she should've known it too. Each week makes it more and more obvious what a mistake it was keeping Gleb and Jenna over Artem and Sharna. At this point, I even would have rather seen Keo and the new girl with partners over these two. Jenna is lucky that Val was ready to settle down and get married and decided to go back and settle for her. Unfortunately for us, this means we're now stuck with her.

Kel now joins James and Kate in my top 3. He was so much fun tonight and maybe the bottom 2 scare was what he needed. I thought James's dance was better than his scores. Kate was better last week but I still enjoyed her a lot. 

The producers had to know this would happen when they cast Spicer. I think a few more decent dancers will go home before he even hits the bottom 2. For that reason alone he shouldn't have been cast if they were trying to remove the bad taste of season 27.

Erin's dress tonight was absolutely stunning. However, she needs better people working with her. When she first came out with Tom I was wondering what happened to her boobs, which looked non-existent. Then after interviewing someone, the camera caught her making a comment to someone about her bra.

I felt awful for Lamar when he got his scores. He had improved from last week so there was no reason at all for Len and Bruno to give him 4s. If for no other reason than to make him feel better they could've gone up to 5s. Not like it was going to affect the outcome.

I did like Leah at first but she got tiring after a while. 

On 10/7/2019 at 10:52 PM, parrotlover said:

I did. But why was Jerry Mathers in the audience? I was switching back and forth watching Below Deck premiere, so wasn’t sure if Tom mentioned him.

I watch both shows but wait until the following day to watch them. LOVE Below Deck and Capt. Lee and Kate.

• Love 1

To comment on what someone said about Kel and Whitney chemistry. I agree their chemistry really isnt as strong as Whitney past partners. Its almost like they dance apart than together as a couple. However, Kel cha cha cha was his best dance and Im glad he got great scores but im not too keen on his parntership with whitney, its something missing just like with karamo and Jenna, something is mad off with these two couples. Tbh, I dont feel like any of the couples this season have just awesome chemistry except maybe Ally and Sasha but that had to develop, it wasnt instant.

On 10/8/2019 at 4:31 AM, RachelKM said:

Sailor just irked me.  I have no real explanation. I don't know that it wasn't good. I just didn't like watching it. Maybe it was me.  Not sorry.

No, it wasn't you. I also did not enjoy Sailor's dancing. She had no Latin feel at all. The only thing Latin about that dance was the fringe on her costume.

• Love 2
On 10/8/2019 at 8:33 AM, Toonces464 said:

I just saw a clip of her being interviewed after the show and she said that while she knows the judges are professional dancers looking at the technical aspect, "sometimes I just don't give a crap about the technical." Tell me again why they thought, of all the former contestants, asking her to guest judge was a good idea?

Lea was there to judge the performance and the "acting" aspect of the dance. She said right at the beginning of the night she is not a dancer and can not judge the technique of the dance.

Edited by luvthepros
On 10/8/2019 at 9:35 AM, truthaboutluv said:

But Alan, Jenna, Gleb, Peta, even Sasha, Witney and Emma are all bleh to me.

Agree.....Oh how I miss Karina, Mark, the Houghs and Anna T just to name a few. Really miss the early pros.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, luvthepros said:

Lea was there to judge the performance and "acting" the part of the dance. She said right at the beginning of the night she is not a dancer and can not judge the technique of the dance.

I am actually fine with that.  What bothered me was when she interfered with the judging of the technique, the thing she admitted to having no ability to do herself and was not there to participate in.

• Love 7

Does anyone know if the new voting system has helped with stopping people from casting thousands of votes with dummy accounts? It doesn't seem like it considering Spicer is still here. 

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Jsage said:

Does anyone know if the new voting system has helped with stopping people from casting thousands of votes with dummy accounts? It doesn't seem like it considering Spicer is still here. 

I don't know about that.  I just know that it's not fair for those of us that live in the Mountain or Pacific Time Zone.  After Kel danced, I wanted to give him some votes since he was in the bottom two last week and he did a good job.  It was 8:15 my time so the voting already closed.  I'm not going to vote for anybody unless I see them dance.  However, I'm also not attached to anybody this season.  After the first show, I was debating on whether I was going to continue watching.  But I really hope that Sean doesn't make it to the finals since he's the worst dancer left.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Jsage said:

I already did a spiel on power voting last week, but I wanted to reiterate: Power voting is an option for ALL of the couples. Multiple e-mail accounts are allowed by the show's voting system. So, if we aren't willing to put in the effort (whether it's rational or not), we leave the outcome in the hands of those who ARE willing to put in the effort.

(I haven't voted at all this season, so I am including myself in "we")

Edited by calipiano81
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

I enjoy what Len has to say because he's a legend in the ballroom world.  He knows his shit.  I'm usually with him, I don't like all the messing about during the beginning and don't enjoy all the fluff.  I'm tired of all the boo'ing (read a report on Reddit this week of a guy that went to a live taping of DWTS last week and they tell people when to boo...including during Len's critiques) when he's trying to do his job.  Leah's attitude was just awful, I'm glad Bruno spoke up.  Her face right after he did that was priceless. She looked pissed.  

I generally feel the same way about Len. To me, he's critical, but I don't consider him harsh. Sometimes he could say something in a nicer way, but I think he's also playing the "cranky old judge" role. And I also agree that sometimes I want to hear something he has to say about a particular technique, but then he gets cut off by either the audience or Tom.

I've always liked our DWTS judging panel (CAI, Len, and Bruno) and it's always been my favorite of all the judging panels on reality-competition TV. All three of them have things that annoy me and I don't always agree with them, but I find them all entertaining in their own ways and I like how all three of them know how to point out both the good and the bad in dances and are capable of being specific in their comments.

• Love 8

I am not at all surprised that Karamo is apparently polling relatively badly on the same show where Sean is apparently polling relatively well.  But that doesn't mean I enjoy it.

The less said about Leah the better, except that making me wish Julianne was still around is a talent greater than I recall being expressed in her dancing when she was a contestant.

• Love 8
On 10/8/2019 at 2:24 PM, vdw84 said:

Did u see her trying to get Val's attention during his and sailors scores? That girl just cant live without her man's attention, no wonder Karamo isnt performing to his ability, Jenna too focused on hubby.

This is how I first saw Jenna. This is from her season on So You Think You Can Dance. BIG difference in her appearance and she had boobs.......

image.thumb.png.70726d507f8b5dbb032e5a57c89a661e.png

image.png.078f1a87afecf3ba4849a88d29152e28.png

image.png

Edited by luvthepros
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 10/8/2019 at 12:33 PM, Sarah Heart said:

Val is a pro, he's in the same boat as everyone else. He could have had the female version of Lamar.! 

Val will never get a celebrity on the caliber of a female Lamar........NEVER!

Yes, but that IMO is the problem with Maks.  Your effort shouldn't be conditional to the handful of partners you like. 

On the other hand if you're stuck with a real loser you have to dumb down your choreography. And Maks has had his share of losers.

I yelled back at the screen, no, she's pregnant, you're having a baby.

Ugh. Unless both of you have a uterus, only one of you is pregnant. I simply don't understand this fad of saying "we're pregnant." Why can't you just say "We're having a baby?" At least that's accurate. 

• Love 5

I'm all about James and thought the judges tanked him with their scores. I would have held up my 8 paddle.

I continue to not be able to stand Hannah. She couldn't even hold back the snickers while smashing bottles, and her face while dancing ... she had her lips glued shut but her eyes and the rest of her face were laughing its ass off. (Some people have butt faces so that's possible.) Maybe they should have shown her a clip of Tyler and Gigi before she danced, that might have sobered her up.

I'm James for the win, but I'd vote a zillion times for Spicer if it would knock Hannah out. Hannah, can't stand ya. And thinking about Spicer pulling a Bobby Bones makes me laugh.

Bachelor fans, did I see Chris Bukowski in the audience when they showed Hannah's "friends"?

• Love 2
On 10/8/2019 at 4:09 AM, Bridget said:

Thank you!

The minute she started with her first (of 10) “you’re not a dancer...” comment of the night, I knew she’d be over scoring people. 

I can’t believe she actually said “this is to balance it out” when she gave a 7 to Lamar. (I think it was Lamar - will edit if I need to.)

Jenna and her snarky comment to Carrie Ann about the starting position was inappropriate and immature. Val skated on a technicality loophole last week, so she probably thought she’d be able to do the same. What an arrogant idiot. 

Kel, Kate and James are my picks for the top three. Kel is definitely a dark horse and his dance tonight showcased his ability. Kate couldn’t get into character tonight, which was a bummer, but other than that, she is doing really well! 

I’m cold hearted because I cannot feel sorry for Lamar Odom. He couldn’t even celebrate high scores for other people or act like he’s part of a group at all. Not a team player. Everyone else cheered for him when he needed a pep talk, but he can’t be happy when someone does better than he does? Maybe it’s his ego or symptoms of other stuff he’s dealing with - either way, I’m glad he’s gone. Next stop: Spicer.

Long Live Len!! 

I like Kel, Ally and James as frontrunners and Kate as a dark horse contestant/ underdog.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

Yes!  That little bit of Rumer showing Sailor hand placement was 100% more beneficial than anything Leah said all night.

And.......Sailor still didn't get the arm placement correct. She was too high as many celebs have a tendency to do. Watch the pros......their arms are not that high (just a bit higher than horizontal) and their hand styling is as if they are holding an egg with their thumb and middle finger. Sailor had the hand styling correct but her arm was too high.

• Love 1
On 10/7/2019 at 11:00 PM, Toonces464 said:

I despise Leah Remini for the same reason I despise Kirstie Alley -- they're both huge attention whores who make everything about themselves and don't know when to shut up and sit down. I often wonder if they're drunk, high or both. I knew Leah as a guest judge would be a disaster. I don't mind former contestants coming back to guest judge if they have at least some knowledge of dancing or did really well on the show. Leah was a lousy dancer and she didn't even make the finals. And really.....what did her "You owned that!" or "You were amazing!" or, my favorite of the night, "I love your smile!" commentary add to the show? Clearly after the first round, and other than Lamar who she felt sorry for, she was being coached by Carrie Ann what to score people. She just made the show annoying enough that I was on the verge several times of turning it off. But it's not surprising because she was just as annoying when she filled in for Erin.

Rather than this ridiculous stunt casting of former contestants or random singers who have new music they need to promote, why not bring back some of the OG pros to guest judge? I'm not talking about Maks.....why not Karina or Tony or Anna or Kym or Mark? I would much rather hear from people who know what they're talking about than someone who's just in need of a paycheck and some attention because her show is ending.

And good for Bruno for speaking up about letting Len talk. I think even he was annoyed with Leah by that point because he's never spoken up like that before and the audience wasn't even booing that bad.

I like Karamo but boy is Jenna a lousy teacher. As soon as that dance started I knew they'd be dinged for a lift and she should've known it too. Each week makes it more and more obvious what a mistake it was keeping Gleb and Jenna over Artem and Sharna. At this point, I even would have rather seen Keo and the new girl with partners over these two. Jenna is lucky that Val was ready to settle down and get married and decided to go back and settle for her. Unfortunately for us, this means we're now stuck with her.

Kel now joins James and Kate in my top 3. He was so much fun tonight and maybe the bottom 2 scare was what he needed. I thought James's dance was better than his scores. Kate was better last week but I still enjoyed her a lot. 

The producers had to know this would happen when they cast Spicer. I think a few more decent dancers will go home before he even hits the bottom 2. For that reason alone he shouldn't have been cast if they were trying to remove the bad taste of season 27.

Erin's dress tonight was absolutely stunning. However, she needs better people working with her. When she first came out with Tom I was wondering what happened to her boobs, which looked non-existent. Then after interviewing someone, the camera caught her making a comment to someone about her bra.

I felt awful for Lamar when he got his scores. He had improved from last week so there was no reason at all for Len and Bruno to give him 4s. If for no other reason than to make him feel better they could've gone up to 5s. Not like it was going to affect the outcome.

I believe that every lift is planned so CarrieAnn can point it out for controversy.  They all could avoid using a lift.  The Hough’s would do it all the time so they wouldn’t be on top of the leaderboard.  Very few things are accidents on DWTS except for falls ,sprains 

• Love 1
On 10/8/2019 at 11:05 AM, crossover said:

Everyone seems to like Pasha.  I enjoyed his routine least of all the pros and usually the AT is one of my favorites.  I don’t know if he had to make allowances for Kate or what.  So I need to get someone else to root for.  I have to let you go if I don’t like your AT.  I give breaks on technique because it takes a while for technique, even if you’re faking it.  But as an entertainer/performer, you should be able to get the essence of the dance.  The audience should feel the intensity of a tango, the fun of a jive, the romance of a waltz etc.

I don’t have a problem with the pros, as long as they can inspire, choreograph and teach.  For instance, I never really cared for Maks because his choreography was so bland in the beginning of a season, even if he had a celeb with talent.  One season, Gleb was too overt with the sexiness but he seems to have calmed down.  Or, maybe I’m just getting use to him (hope not).  I enjoyed Kym and I think she was one of the least accomplished pros.  But, her routines were enjoyable, her celebs seemed to enjoy themselves, and they respected her/wanted to make her proud.

I don’t notice Pasha.  Does nothing for me.  I not going to be tuning in for him.  

2 hours ago, Booklady1017 said:

She does know a lot of people.

Heck, remember she was just on the Brady Renovation show...she and Jan have been friends forever. When the show started, I had no idea who she was since I have never seen The Office! She is fun to watch!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, luvthepros said:

Watch the pros......their arms are not that high (just a bit higher than horizontal) and their hand styling is as if they are holding an egg with their thumb and middle finger.

thank you. That is a beautiful way of explaining it. That hand positioning is important to the overall look of the dance, it shows polish and finishing.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, luvthepros said:

This is how I first saw Jenna. This is from her season on So You Think You Can Dance. BIG difference in her appearance and she had boobs.......

image.png

She looks absolutely beautiful like this.  I posted it in the media thread, but she's been posting about how much weight she's lost and how she feels better about herself, but turns around and says "but it's not about the weight..." in the same post.  She is trying way too hard these days and it shows.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, luvthepros said:

image.png

I know JJ got harassed for her body but I thought this was the best she ever looked when she had curves and boobs. I never thought she was fat. In the latin dance community, having curves and boobs is a plus so I dont get the point. That is why I always admired Kim and Whitney figures, they r what the true definition of a toned healthy curvy body should look like. Cheryl has the same figure too but even she has at one time went through great lengths to get real thin and doesnt look good on her. Some people r meant to pull off thin and some people need meat on their bones.

13 hours ago, friendperidot said:

thank you. That is a beautiful way of explaining it. That hand positioning is important to the overall look of the dance, it shows polish and finishing.

You're welcome. I learned that years ago when Karina was instructing one of her celebs.

• Love 1
On 10/10/2019 at 11:03 AM, vdw84 said:

Some people r meant to pull off thin and some people need meat on their bones.

I think a good example of this is Oprah! When she lost all the weight the first time, I didn't think she looked good. She is someone who needs a little meat on bones so she doesn't look drawn.

4 hours ago, suebee12 said:

I think a good example of this is Oprah! When she lost all the weight the first time, I didn't think she looked good. She is someone who needs a little meat on bones so she doesn't look drawn.

True, thin oprah never worked for me. I think if u have never been a naturally thin person then to lose all that weight and become really thin just doesnt work. I agree about one becoming a healthy size but that doesnt mean a size where look sick and drawn.

• Love 1
On 10/8/2019 at 2:58 PM, thesupremediva1 said:

I only started watching this in season 18, to see Meryl and Charlie. I'd never been interested before, and I guess I was unduly spoiled. Those pros had pure class - Tony, Maks, Val, Artem, even Derek who I openly loathed... they really gave it 110% and were there for their pros.

That was one of the best seasons in my opinion. The group dance was great with Mark, Derek, Val, and Maks. Val said it was like the Super Bowl of Pros, and he was right even though he was complimenting himself. lol Mark was so creative, and Derek had great dances. I know the Maks/Meryl thing and Charlie's elimination didn't suit everyone, but this season stands out in my mind. 

I'm rooting for Sasha because he's never won before, and I always thought he was amusing with the lobster costume and pranks. 

• Love 2
On 10/8/2019 at 7:54 PM, friendperidot said:

But he also told Emma they suspected a pregnancy and then went in for an ultrasound, that belly wasn't a suspected pregnancy. Good luck to them with their 6!

When he said that, I was looking at her belly going, "Huh?" She looked pretty far along! And after already having 5 kids, shouldn't they know by now? Lol 

• Love 6
On 10/9/2019 at 10:20 PM, suebee12 said:

Heck, remember she was just on the Brady Renovation show...she and Jan have been friends forever. When the show started, I had no idea who she was since I have never seen The Office! She is fun to watch!

I like her. She has a great attitude and is funny.

• Love 1