Type keyword(s) to search

S28.E04: Top 10

• Start Topic

I think I just get annoyed when the judges praise okay dances without giving any constructive criticism when the dance clearly had issues.  The two most obvious to me last night were Ally and Sailor.  Neither were bad so I'm not saying some praise wouldn't be warranted but I was left with an am I watching the same dance type of situation?

With Ally, I think part of the issue is Sasha who IMO over choreographs and doesn't leave his celeb any room to breathe in a routine.  She looked good at the beginning with all the diva attitude stuff and then the actual jive kicked in and her kicks and flicks and general leg action looked sloppy as hell.  I think Ally would benefit from Sasha toning down the choreography slightly so she can learn and execute it cleanly.  Also I think it would lend to an overall better performance because she loses the performance quality she has when the hard stuff kicks in.  Something about Sasha's choreo when he has some he deems good is very frenetic.

Sailor is charming and there were good things about her routine, but I find a lot of times her movements don't flow.  It's very pose here, put my arm like this, pose here, put my arm like this and all very stop and start instead of flowing through a dance.  The fact that none of the judges even mentioned it surprised me.  It's also mostly when she's doing the actual cha cha moves.

On another note which you can't tell from the show, I'm fairly convinced Rumer can't stand Val. I don't know that I think they had some big dramatic fight but every time Rumer mentions going to DWTS she always says she's going to support her friend Sailor and never mentions Val. She's friends with Maks and Peta so I doubt she would badmouth the guy, but I love how over him she seems to be.

• Love 8

With all the (deserved) criticism he got, from me as well, I have to give props to Gleb. 😉 That was a nice dance and Lauren had clearly improved. Yeah, the style suited her, but still. Honestly, now that I've seen he's done decent work on other versions of the show, I'm probably gonna end up being even harsher on him, since I know he can do better...

Kel and Kamaro were improved, so that was nice. Ally seemed overscored to me. Hannah was better than last week. Sailor did fine, but was a bit posey? And this is probably the last week where Kate could afford a weaker dance like that. I agreed with her marks, but now she'll need to deliver if she wants to last for a few more weeks, since I fear that it won't be so easy to get rid of Spicer... The choreo was nice and she was doing okay with the steps, I thought. But performance wasn't there, she was clearly struggling with that on top of doing the footwork.

Edited by katha
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

All of this. For me it's partly the cast but more so, and I only realized it last night, I don't care for most of the Pro lineup. I like what I'm seeing of Pasha and him they can definitely keep around. But Alan, Jenna, Gleb, Peta, even Sasha, Witney and Emma are all bleh to me.

This a thousand times over. I "like" Val because he's the closest thing we have to the old pros and the only one I can imagine fitting in with that group. I was never a huge fan of Cheryl, Karina or Louis but I enjoyed their dancing. This group doesn't even come close to the talent level or the personalities of the old pros. I like Emma and Lindsay but they're not enough to carry the rest of this group. 

1 hour ago, Jaclyn88 said:

omg I was embarrassed for her. She came off so desperate and wanting all attention to be on her. Also, why have guest judges when all they say is, "you were amazing." I understand they don't have dance background so they're not gonna talk about their left foot being out of place etc, but say something useful.

As annoying and biased as Maks was, he did offer a lot of good comments. That's why I'd love to see them bring back Karina or Tony or Anna or Mark as a guest judge.

12 minutes ago, spanana said:

On another note which you can't tell from the show, I'm fairly convinced Rumer can't stand Val. I don't know that I think they had some big dramatic fight but every time Rumer mentions going to DWTS she always says she's going to support her friend Sailor and never mentions Val. She's friends with Maks and Peta so I doubt she would badmouth the guy, but I love how over him she seems to be.

I've always thought the same, especially during her season when she was hanging out with Maks and Peta without Val around. She's also close with their NY fam members (Nicole in particular). What I thought was odd was when Rumer and Sailor said they used to go on family vacations together. Usually those close celeb friendships get documented in the tabloids and I don't ever recall Christie and Demi Moore being friends?

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

All of this. For me it's partly the cast but more so, and I only realized it last night, I don't care for most of the Pro lineup. I like what I'm seeing of Pasha and him they can definitely keep around. But Alan, Jenna, Gleb, Peta, even Sasha, Witney and Emma are all bleh to me.

Everyone seems to like Pasha.  I enjoyed his routine least of all the pros and usually the AT is one of my favorites.  I don’t know if he had to make allowances for Kate or what.  So I need to get someone else to root for.  I have to let you go if I don’t like your AT.  I give breaks on technique because it takes a while for technique, even if you’re faking it.  But as an entertainer/performer, you should be able to get the essence of the dance.  The audience should feel the intensity of a tango, the fun of a jive, the romance of a waltz etc.

I don’t have a problem with the pros, as long as they can inspire, choreograph and teach.  For instance, I never really cared for Maks because his choreography was so bland in the beginning of a season, even if he had a celeb with talent.  One season, Gleb was too overt with the sexiness but he seems to have calmed down.  Or, maybe I’m just getting use to him (hope not).  I enjoyed Kym and I think she was one of the least accomplished pros.  But, her routines were enjoyable, her celebs seemed to enjoy themselves, and they respected her/wanted to make her proud.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, crossover said:

Everyone seems to like Pasha.  I enjoyed his routine least of all the pros and usually the AT is one of my favorites.  I don’t know if he had to make allowances for Kate or what.  So I need to get someone else to root for.  I have to let you go if I don’t like your AT.  I give breaks on technique because it takes a while for technique, even if you’re faking it.  But as an entertainer/performer, you should be able to get the essence of the dance.  The audience should feel the intensity of a tango, the fun of a jive, the romance of a waltz etc.

I'm a little confused on this if you're dropping Pasha or Kate and both are your right, but it was only Pasha's fourth routine ever on this show so dropping him over one "bad" routine is a little abrupt when other pros get ten years of screw ups. I also don't think his routine was bad at all.  Kate didn't 100% sell the AT and she was clearly somewhat out of her comfort zone, but I still thought her technique was decent.  She has very nice lines and she uses her legs well.  Her footwork is often a lot more precise than some of the younger dancers.  Pasha is teaching her actual technique and not just flash.

Also I find that all of the performers this week have been off at least one week or the other and/or get overpraised for doing mediocre dances (see Ally, Sailor, etc.) so in this group I can't drop someone for having one mediocre week.  None of these people, with the maybe exception of James has excelled at selling all of their dances.  Hannah has the cheerleader thing, Sailor grins through everything, etc.

I'm not saying don't have your opinions, but just I guess saying I don't agree?  Which is I guess the point.

I'd also argue that no pro worth their salt is going to choreograph for a 55 year old woman the same way they would for a 20 year old woman, unless said 55 year old is a super athlete in tip top shape.  So I'd expect an Ally AT to look different than a Kate AT.  Not to mention they gave Kate a super weird song for her AT that also I don't think helped her with her comfort level.  Hands to Myself? 

• Love 9
41 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

This a thousand times over. I "like" Val because he's the closest thing we have to the old pros and the only one I can imagine fitting in with that group. 

True, his choreography is pretty much head and shoulders over anyone else's this season. Hannah and James are good dancers, but Alan and Emma's choreography has been mediocre. I don't remember any of their dances. And call me shallow, but James' huge head is distracting.

Val is making the best of an okay but not great dancer. I still think Hannah or James will win, but Val deserves an honorable mention.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

True, his choreography is pretty much head and shoulders over anyone else's this season. Hannah and James are good dancers, but Alan and Emma's choreography has been mediocre. I don't remember any of their dances. And call me shallow, but James' huge head is distracting.

Val is making the best of an okay but not great dancer. I still think Hannah or James will win, but Val deserves an honorable mention.

Yeah, Val has done a lot of cringeworthy and downright questionable nonsense and I've been side-eyeing his social media antics in particular (also that book? Not a good idea.), but he knows how to teach and when he's on, he's giving his partners nice material. And then they look better than they are, because he gives them decent material.

Emma fell down a bit, both in her choreo and in her teaching this week and perhaps that is a bit of a weakness with her. IMO Rashad was also never quite as clean as he could have been.  And I know he's popular, but Alan's programs are always...fine to me. Okay, but bland. Seems like a good teacher, though.

• Love 4

I like Leah Remini, I know she is polarizing. But I think the issue is whether or not to have guest judges at all. On the one hand probably some of the audience appreciates her telling Carrie Ann to shut it with her stupid lift thing. On the other hand, as people have pointed out, she's not really qualified to judge. On the third hand (🙃) we've had far less qualified judges like Red Foo, so there you go. At least Remini has been in the cast before and knows what the celebs are going through.

The producers had to know this would happen when they cast Spicer. I think a few more decent dancers will go home before he even hits the bottom 2. For that reason alone he shouldn't have been cast if they were trying to remove the bad taste of season 27.

Yes, but - ratings. The network and/or producers are probably willing to trade the integrity of the show, or at least the spirit of competition, for a few extra ratings points. And that's too bad. It goes to show how desperate they've become so maybe it's time to call it a day if they have to resort to this kind of stunt. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Sarah Heart said:

I think James will win. I don't see Hannah permagrin winning, I think Alley is better than her.

Ally is def better performer than Hannah. Hannah performance quality bore me tears. When it comes to the latin dances she just doesnt stand out, her paso wasnt all that as the judges made it out to be because of her less than stellar performance. She is still too cheerleader.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, spanana said:

I'm a little confused on this if you're dropping Pasha or Kate

I'm dropping both.  And, you are right about the music.  But, I think TPTB knew the music wouldn't inspire anyone for an AT.  So all three conspired.  But, you have to have some criteria to choose anything.  A good AT is just one of mine.

I do use technique as one of my criteria for a favorite but performance is first for me.  I'm one of those people you guys hate.  I'd rather have someone with great performance skills and mediocre technique than mediocre performance and great technique.  I look at the show as an entertainment show.  That's why ringers don't bother me.  They have the technique and performance skills.

• Love 2

Rumor is def. over Val, it was so obvious in their package together with Sailor. Its almost like they could barely look at each other, I have no idea what went down between them. I have heard rumors that Val pulled a Janel on Rumor by making her believe something could develop between them outside of the show and then he dropped her as soon as the show was over, I dont know how true that is but that would explain if their some tension.

We all know Val was no stranger to showmances and leading women on back in the day to win a damn trophy so I can totally believe this.

• Love 3

...the audience appreciates her telling Carrie Ann to shut it with her stupid lift thing.

I don't believe that Carrie Ann really gives a rat's a** about the lifts, but she has been ordered by TPTB to enforce that rule.  TPTB feel that without a deduction for an illegal lift, the pros would be flinging the celebs all over the place for every style of dance, and they don't want that.  However, allowing all three judges to deduct a point would result in a three point deduction for letting a foot come off the floor, and that is too much.  So they have designated CA as the "lift police" so that only one point is involved.

Most of the old pros have figured out that it can be worthwhile for a celebrity who is not "in danger"  to do a purposeful lift  if it elevates the dance to a real crowd-pleaser.  If the lift means that the voting audience likes the dance and votes for it, the one point loss will mean nothing.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

I just saw a clip of her being interviewed after the show and she said that while she knows the judges are professional dancers looking at the technical aspect, "sometimes I just don't give a crap about the technical." Tell me again why they thought, of all the former contestants, asking her to guest judge was a good idea?

I mean, I'm no expert on the technical side of these dances, either, and I can agree that there's more to a dance than just focusing on the technique...but at the same time, if I were a guest judge on a show like this I'd still respect and listen to the people who do know their stuff on that part of things, because, y'know, it is very important. 

• Love 3

They don't need guest judges. The judges talk too much already. They can have someone substitute if a regular judge takes off a night, but that should be someone qualified to judge. I would like to see someone like Shirley Ballas be a judge. How cool if they sent Carrie Ann packing and hire Shirley instead.

Normally, I like Len but he is such a grouch this season. I think that is why people are booing him. He can be constructive without being mean. I don't like seeing people getting bullied, so he can just go if that is going to be his schtick.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

Jenna has turned into a dancing stick figure. I don’t remember her being that thin in earlier seasons.

Did u see her trying to get Val's attention during his and sailors scores? That girl just cant live without her man's attention, no wonder Karamo isnt performing to his ability, Jenna too focused on hubby.

• Love 3

I missed the first 5 minutes of the show last night, and then realized none of the other dancers were there.  I've read through all of the comments, but haven't seen an explanation.  Was mention made that there would be no back up dancers on the show last night?  

I hope we've seen the last of Liah Remini this season.  She was really rude to Len, and I thought she didn't add anything to the judging.  

• Love 3

Normally, I like Len but he is such a grouch this season. I think that is why people are booing him. He can be constructive without being mean.

Well there appears to be a concerted effort to be more critical this season and give the judges greater say so I think Len is just reacting to that mandate. He's always been the designated crank. I do agree he doesn't need to be so damn grouchy about it though. He can be constructive without pissing all over a celeb's performance.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

I have to agree. I love Sasha but much of the rest? You can keep.

I only started watching this in season 18, to see Meryl and Charlie. I'd never been interested before, and I guess I was unduly spoiled. Those pros had pure class - Tony, Maks, Val, Artem, even Derek who I openly loathed... they really gave it 110% and were there for their pros.

And let's not get started on the how low the female pro bar has fallen. The season has lost half its class without Cheryl there. She and Kym Johnson were super talents. Peta was kind of pegged as trashy that season, but she also goes all out for her partners. I won't address the gaping wound that exists without Sharna present. 

What we have now is a disparity - some great dancers and capable choreographers who just don't generate excitement on screen, and camera hogs who know how to make themselves look good but couldn't show off a celeb partner if their contract depended on it. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Annber03 said:

I mean, I'm no expert on the technical side of these dances, either, and I can agree that there's more to a dance than just focusing on the technique...but at the same time, if I were a guest judge on a show like this I'd still respect and listen to the people who do know their stuff on that part of things, because, y'know, it is very important. 

I like Leah in real life because I like all the stuff she's done to expose Scientology and I get she couldn't give real dance critiques, but I also felt like she could have said more than things like "you have a nice smile" which was basically her entire critique to Sailor.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, spanana said:

[Ally] looked good at the beginning with all the diva attitude stuff and then the actual jive kicked in and her kicks and flicks and general leg action looked sloppy as hell. 

Thank you.  This is what I was unable to describe last night at 1am.  This was what bothered me about her performance.  I think she handled it as well as could be expected given the time for practice and experience level, but it just seemed frenetic and lost its crispness and musicality. 

4 hours ago, spanana said:

Sailor is charming and there were good things about her routine, but I find a lot of times her movements don't flow.  It's very pose here, put my arm like this, pose here, put my arm like this and all very stop and start instead of flowing through a dance. 

And again, this.  I knew it bothered me.  But all I could think was "annoying" without any specific as to why.  Also, she annoys me anyway so I had trouble separating my unjustified irritation with her as a person and my possibly justified irritation with her dancing.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, spanana said:

Not to mention they gave Kate a super weird song for her AT that also I don't think helped her with her comfort level.  Hands to Myself? 

I agree that the song was a big culprit. It is doable for an AT, but that song does not match Kate at all. I think she would have done better with a traditional, or at least an instrumental, AT music.

Otherwise, I did like Pasha's choreography, which again, had a respectable amount of content. However, I wish he hadn't allowed Kate to throw in those comedic gestures and worked on AT character more with her.

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, thesupremediva1 said:

I only started watching this in season 18, to see Meryl and Charlie. I'd never been interested before, and I guess I was unduly spoiled. Those pros had pure class - Tony, Maks, Val, Artem, even Derek who I openly loathed... they really gave it 110% and were there for their pros.

I know mileage varies and all that but I will never be on a Maks and Val and Tony were pure class train.  Tony was fine as a person and very patient with his celebs but his choreography was a snooze.  Maks choreography is awful and he has no patience.  Also I feel like Maks didn't even got on that well with most of his partners. Val is Val and just not someone I'd ever describe as classy.  I know we like to long for the good old days but if that was the male pro line-up in S28, I probably would not be watching.  So much boring.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

On the other hand, as people have pointed out, she's not really qualified to judge.

Not just that, she was rude, obnoxious, attention whoring and worst of all, disrespectful. Not just to the judges but to everyone but making herself the center of attention. It should be about this season's celebs, not her looking for a handout since her Scientology show ended.

36 minutes ago, thesupremediva1 said:

And let's not get started on the how low the female pro bar has fallen. The season has lost half its class without Cheryl there. She and Kym Johnson were super talents. Peta was kind of pegged as trashy that season, but she also goes all out for her partners. I won't address the gaping wound that exists without Sharna present. 

Peta has been trashy since she first showed up on the show. I couldn't stand her from the start because she seemed more interested in becoming part of the fam (that was the season Nicole & Ted Volynets were in the troupe). Actually, I couldn't stand her during season 10 when she was dating Damian and always hanging around the show trying to get her foot int he door.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, calipiano81 said:

I agree that the song was a big culprit. It is doable for an AT, but that song does not match Kate at all. I think she would have done better with a traditional, or at least an instrumental, AT music.

Otherwise, I did like Pasha's choreography, which again, had a respectable amount of content. However, I wish he hadn't allowed Kate to throw in those comedic gestures and worked on AT character more with her.

That's how I felt too.  I think Kate would have fared better in terms of getting into the dance with a different song or more traditional music.  I know the pros don't really get what they want but it was such a head scratching song choice on the part of TPTB for Kate.

As for the comedic spin in a few places, the only thing I could think of is that was Pasha making a few concessions to help her comfort level?

2 minutes ago, spanana said:

Maks choreography is awful and he has no patience.  Also I feel like Maks didn't even got on that well with most of his partners.

I've often said Maks does his best choreography and is at his most charming when he likes his partner. See Mel B, Erin, Kirstie and Meryl.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Toonces464 said:

I've often said Maks does his best choreography and is at his most charming when he likes his partner. See Mel B, Erin, Kirstie and Meryl.

Yes, but that IMO is the problem with Maks.  Your effort shouldn't be conditional to the handful of partners you like.  And when Maks doesn't like his partner he doesn't show up for work, like he did with Vanessa Lachey a few seasons ago.

• Love 5

Was I previously blind to it, or is Erin a lot more opinionated this season? She jumped all over the scores for Lamar and has gotten on Len more than the usual “playful” and “funny” grouch banter. 

So glad Bruno spoke up in Len’s defense; some nights not a single negative judge’s comment can be made without drawing boos. It’s tiresome. 

It appeared CA had some sort of document she was reading from on the lift definition so I suspect that bit was well-rehearsed. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, boyznkatz said:

Normally, I like Len but he is such a grouch this season. I think that is why people are booing him. He can be constructive without being mean. I don't like seeing people getting bullied, so he can just go if that is going to be his schtick.

Someone on Reddit went to a taping of the show in September and gave a full report. The audience is constantly being prompted to give loud reactions to the judges' comments...cheer hard for anything positive and boo hard for anything negative. 

As for Len, I personally don't find him any more or less grouchy than previous seasons. Perhaps it's the increased manufactured booing that makes it seem like he is being more harsh.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, mbluecpa said:

It appeared CA had some sort of document she was reading from on the lift definition so I suspect that bit was well-rehearsed. 

What is funny but I didn't see where it came from is Jenna was whining about the lift thing after the show and she called out Val saying he got away with it last week in Mamma Mia.  Which hilarious that that is finally the straw where she calls out her husband, but if I remember correctly CA did point it out to Val too but just said he was clever by having the other dancers doing the lifting and not Val lifting Sailor, therefore she couldn't ding them for lifts.

Which I'm all for the limiting of lifts or you will have pros throwing them into every routine until people get hurt and as said, it puts some couples at a disadvantage.  It's just the enforcing it should be level across the board and in this case Jenna IMO was an idiot because even if it was a starting position, she still had to get out of the lift which involved Karamo shifting her body weight to get down.  Jenna knew she was taking a risk.

• Love 3

In general, the inconsistency we're seeing with most celebs this season is what happens if you don't have ringers IMO. Yeah, everybody likes to be grumpy about their participation, but they deliver good dancing every week.

If you're starting with beginners, or people with little dance experience, they're gonna be unpredictable like that. Even Hannah and James struggle with some dances and aren't guaranteed to do great every week.

• Love 8
47 minutes ago, calipiano81 said:

Someone on Reddit went to a taping of the show in September and gave a full report. The audience is constantly being prompted to give loud reactions to the judges' comments...cheer hard for anything positive and boo hard for anything negative. 

As for Len, I personally don't find him any more or less grouchy than previous seasons. Perhaps it's the increased manufactured booing that makes it seem like he is being more harsh.

I saw that same thing on there as well.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, mbluecpa said:

Was I previously blind to it, or is Erin a lot more opinionated this season? She jumped all over the scores for Lamar and has gotten on Len more than the usual “playful” and “funny” grouch banter. 

I don't think she's more opinionated, I think she's being guided by the producers to get on Len for his scores. Even when they're negative she never gets on Bruno or Carrie Ann, and last night nearly every interview referenced Leah's useless comment.

1 hour ago, spanana said:

Which I'm all for the limiting of lifts or you will have pros throwing them into every routine until people get hurt and as said, it puts some couples at a disadvantage.  It's just the enforcing it should be level across the board and in this case Jenna IMO was an idiot because even if it was a starting position, she still had to get out of the lift which involved Karamo shifting her body weight to get down.  Jenna knew she was taking a risk.

I think becoming Mrs. Chmerkovskiy has made Ms. Johnson pretty damn cocky.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

.... What I thought was odd was when Rumer and Sailor said they used to go on family vacations together. Usually those close celeb friendships get documented in the tabloids and I don't ever recall Christie and Demi Moore being friends?

Bruce and Demi split up at approximately the same time that Sailor was born, so Demi and Christie didn't have to be friends.  I think they really did vacation together in the sense that they often vacationed on the same island, the island where Bruce is currently selling a home.  

• Useful 1

I was most pleasantly surprised last night by...Sailor!

I thought her dancing flowed much better than when she did the rumba. Val gets criticism (not from me) about "stop-and-go" choreography, so maybe that factors in to what people are seeing. I thought her cha cha technique was solid and she looked radiant on the floor. She looked like she was having a blast, although my one complaint is she needs to stop mouthing the lyrics, ASAP!

I was also impressed with Hannah. Alan did a good job teaching her paso shaping and posturing and she looked in control of her movements. She did look like she was trying very hard not to smile (although it could be my own projecting...I was willing her not to smile), but overall I was satisfied with her expression. If I were a judge, I might have given her a '9' because I thought her dance quality was above the rest of the field last night.

Finally, I was happy for Kel to have his best dance and scores so far.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, calipiano81 said:

She did look like she was trying very hard not to smile (although it could be my own projecting...I was willing her not to smile), but overall I was satisfied with her expression. 

Her hint of a smile kinda actually worked for that dance, though, 'cause it came off sort of like an evil, plotting smirk :D. 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, RachelKM said:

Also, it always irks me when men say "we're pregnant".

Oh, I so agree with this, as usual for me, I yelled back at the screen, no, she's pregnant, you're having a baby. But he also told Emma they suspected a pregnancy and then went in for an ultrasound, that belly wasn't a suspected pregnancy. Good luck to them with their 6!

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

Jenna has turned into a dancing stick figure. I don’t remember her being that thin in earlier seasons.

Im not the one to bodyshame because we all have insecurities and things we can work on but my concern with JJ is her obsession with being extremely thin and fit may hinder her from having children and I know Val wants to have children, atleast that what he said but I guess if all fail they can hire a surrogate, they got the money.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, friendperidot said:

Oh, I so agree with this, as usual for me, I yelled back at the screen, no, she's pregnant, you're having a baby. But he also told Emma they suspected a pregnancy and then went in for an ultrasound, that belly wasn't a suspected pregnancy. Good luck to them with their 6!

It doesnt bother me when men say that, I actually find it kinda enduring because alot men actually put their whole heart and soul into a pregnancy as much as the woman even tho their not physically taking on her pain and experience. It takes two create a baby, so why not share the title? I actually like it.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, nickp1991 said:

Thank god Lamar Odom is gone No more watching him play with his junk on national tv

I have no idea what that is about, I didnt even notice it until someone posted it on twitter, how gross. I know men play with their junk all the time, its just a natural thing but for him to just be doing it like that in the open with cameras everywhere was just gross. 

1 minute ago, kitcloudkicker said:

Cults are powerful things.

I do have feeling Sean time is coming soon, I dont think he is going to make it to the end because A he is horrible dancer and has no enduring personality to root for. The political gurus can only take him so far before they will see its not worth it. 

• Love 2

Just catching up, so please bear with me...(paused before results)

Inro fluff was silly and just...fluff. Kind of missed having an intro dance.

Sean/Lindsay-Well, at least he's trying, and I respect that.  His facial (non)expressions were throwing me off on this one(did he even breathe at all during the dance?), but I still think that this was probably his best dance so far.  That isn't saying much, but at least he is showing improvement.

Ally/Sasha-I like that they included the Tina Turner moves, and it wasn't bad, but it seemed like she lost some steam in the middle.  Apparently, though, she's a judges' favorite...

Kel/Witney-I liked this one-he danced it well, he had great energy, he was having fun, and it made me smile. I'm still surprised that he was in the bottom two last week.  Damn it, Leah, not the time to open your mouth, Len was about to tell him something positive! 

I'm with you on that one, Tom, I didn't realize that Kel was old enough to have a 20 year old, either. He certainly doesn't look it.

Kate/Pasha-Not as good as her dance last week, but I really like her personality and attitude. I hope she stays for a while.  Len nailed it. I hate when he gets booed for telling the truth.

Leah is being obnoxious(no surprise), and Len is quite rightly annoyed with her.

James/Emma-Even though they seemed to be a little out of synch in the beginning, I thought this was a really good dance and he is still my front-runner to win.

Hannah/Alan-She still couldn't hide the smile, and that was a weird song for a Paso.  I guess she danced it well, but I'm just not feeling it.

Lamar in the background has been looking so disinterested/disassociated with any and everything going on around him all night.

Lamar/Peta-Same as Sean-probably his best dance so far. Again, that's not saying much, and in this case it still wasn't good.

Once more, Leah, shut up. Len and Bruno's scores were appropriate for the dance.

Sailor/Val-I liked it. It was fun, entertaining, and she did a good job dancing it.

Lauren/Gleb-Wow, that was surprisingly nicely done!

Karamo/Jenna-Ok, I love his enthusiasm at the end.  I guess it seemed competent enough, but I was just "meh" about the dance itself.  Maybe I'm just tired and need to re-watch it later<shrug>.  I am happy he got a better score from Len, he did deserve that much.

Thank you, Bruno!  I have to feel bad for Len when he is trying to give good critique and gets booed or talked over.  

• Love 5
On 10/8/2019 at 8:35 AM, Jaclyn88 said:

omg I was embarrassed for her. She came off so desperate and wanting all attention to be on her. Also, why have guest judges when all they say is, "you were amazing." I understand they don't have dance background so they're not gonna talk about their left foot being out of place etc, but say something useful.

Yes!  That little bit of Rumer showing Sailor hand placement was 100% more beneficial than anything Leah said all night.

I enjoy what Len has to say because he's a legend in the ballroom world.  He knows his shit.  I'm usually with him, I don't like all the messing about during the beginning and don't enjoy all the fluff.  I'm tired of all the boo'ing (read a report on Reddit this week of a guy that went to a live taping of DWTS last week and they tell people when to boo...including during Len's critiques) when he's trying to do his job.  Leah's attitude was just awful, I'm glad Bruno spoke up.  Her face right after he did that was priceless. She looked pissed.  

• Love 6