Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Lol and the Fresh Prince theme in the background was just icing on the cake. I’m glad Sturgis and Linkletter came through for Sheldon in the end. Maybe Linkletter does care about Sheldon as much as Sturgis….deep, deep down. Just think, if it hadn’t been for that snowstorm, Sheldon might never have gone to CalTech, and TBBT just would’ve been Leonard, Ray, and Howard.
  3. I'm generally game for whatever Top Chef wants to do, but I literally did not understand how this challenge worked. If they'd given any examples of successful dishes, that would've been really helpful just to have a frame of reference. I just was lost, and the chefs largely seemed to be as well. I will say though I love that Savannah had her moment of redemption, even though I'd certainly be wary of mustard greens in a dessert. But go with your chaotic pastries, girl. I will never steam creme fraiche though, I'll tell you what. Poor Rasika. I really didn't expect her to crash so hard and so early. But also, she's 25? She's gonna be okay. I already have forgotten who won though, so this season continues to be flattened in a weird way. I do agree Laura just looked tuned out and not fully connecting that she had the dark chocolate Dan was yelling about. She didn't have any issue with him grabbing it off her station. I don't have a problem with Kaleena or Amanda. I don't don't have a problem with Kristin's outfit. I don't even care chefs lick their fingers after eating something with their hands. I am here for the hot power bottoms, and it makes me laugh they've turned it into a rallying cry. Michelle, Danny, Dan, and Soo now seem to be the frontrunners with Rasika out. Hoping for a strong LCK run from Rasika! It'd be fun to see her and Soo have to face off at some point! THE SHADE 🤣
  4. I hate open-ended challenges like this. The definition of chaos is so arbitrary that you can make it mean whatever you want. Good thing that most chefs got decent-to-good dishes out, but if I were any of them, I would have done something completely ridiculous. For example: - Chocolate-covered turducken - Poutine-stuffed chitins - Full English Breakfast smoothie - Chicken-fried sushi - Cereal-stuffed ravioli - Rice lasagna with bacon replacing the noodles - An actually properly-cooked risotto
  5. I think the problem is that the claims of the women unrelated to the case had not been tested in court, so they were little more than hearsay. It would be like if the judge had allowed testimony from someone who said "Harvey Weinstein is an alien from another planet" or "Harvey is a murderous cannibal"- since there is no proof that happened, you can't use it as proof that Harvey acted in that manner before. It seems to me that Harvey was convicted on little more than Hollywood gossip. That's a poor standard for conviction, and I rightly think the prosecution needs to do better. True justice deserves no less.
  6. I loved that he chose his school because of weather. Of course Caltech would have weather like what he is used to.
  7. I should clarify. I thoroughly enjoyed the series, or I wouldn't have commented on it so much. It's great that it was weekly because we could let the show breathe and talk about a lot of details versus binging. I don't think we'd enjoy some of the characters who didn't have a ton of screen time. Not showing the battle was the right narrative choice. Winning the battle before it even starts is the central tenent of The Art of War and shows how Toranaga was just in a completely different paradigm. How that all unfolded, would have been interesting to actually see than just being told. I would have liked to see that build up to pay off. Really, the Heir pulling back the banner, therefore making Ishido's gambit unlawful, could have used a little bit more. Toranaga just telling Yabu, "Oh, she flipped at the end and will pull the banner and support of Ishido" doesn't measure up to the quality of the series. Mariko dying was the huge turning point. I would have liked to see one scene where the decision is made to pull the banner, and then another when the rest of the regents realize that all their christian nonsense cost them. I don't need to see them blowing before Toranaga; just the realization that their fixation on Blackthorne cost them. I'm talking maybe 30 more minutes if that. I wouldn't say I didn't not like it, but they didn't quite stock the landing.
  8. Boy, they’re really moving Mandy and Georgie towards their own series. Neither one of them interacted with the Coopers at all in this episode. I really that they played to George’s strength in dealing with recruiters. He’s right, he’s not a big academic guy, but he knows how to deal with someone comes sniffing around for blue chip talent. And I was really glad to see that Mary was fine about her baby boy going off somewhere. No hand wringing this time! She seems to be really OK with Sheldon moving states away. Although being distracted by having a grandbaby around, might have something to do with it.
  9. Carey

NFL Thread

I'm trying to find the comp toward tonight's first overall selection. I'll do my best. Caleb was selected Number One. Roses are red, violets are blue, most grapes are purple, the sky is blue, the grass is green, corn is yellow, oranges are orange, coal is black, snow is white, my hair is gray, Christmas is December 25, Valentines Day is February 14, if Super Bowl 61 is delayed, St Patty's Day is March 17, Halloween is October 31st, July 4th is easy, Memorial Day is the last Monday in May, Labor Day is the first Monday in September, Turkey Day isn't always the last Thursday in November, but it is always a day everyone outside of Dallas can root against one team, and cookies are...just that damn good!
  10. More bad things for the family there goes the hardware store
  11. Love the professors declaring they tried everything to get him to stay. Glad they told him he needs to go. "...a toast to our complete and utter lack of integrity!"
  12. Ok. I’m going to have to defend Kelly on the wardrobe issue. I’m extremely small. I am older and by no means can even exercise as much as she can, but I weigh 73 lbs. You have no idea of how difficult it is to find form fitting clothes when you are that thin and have outgrown wearing Frozen, Garanimals and Bambi outfits. It’s hard. Even with tailoring. I once read she wears an outfit and then it goes back for resale. I’m not sure if that still stands true, but that would preclude her being able to have it custom fitted. Do I like all of her outfit choices…no. However she has a stylist and has to chose between what’s given to her. I understand she wants to dress professionally, but let’s be real. I’d be happier (I’m sure she would be too) if she could just wear jeans that fit and a nice top like most of us mere mortals.
  13. The way I cackled over this comment! It reminds me of 80s and 90s sitcoms, when the youngest kid outgrew their cutesy phase. They'd always have the mom pop up pregnant. I agree this is the set-up for the announcement and E&C feigning surprise. Their views have been tanking, so a new baby will keep the Tesla payments current for a while. With regards to the pool, I'm thinking of a possible scenario. They had a casual conversation with their sweet church contractor friend. He throws out a price range and a tentative time frame. Things change when he does a thorough yard inspection and tells the Stews they need all kinds of amendments, therefore more $$$ and a longer build. All of a sudden party! party! isn't looking so fun and they figure they'll spend the summer at Katie's apartment pool instead. Otherwise I can't figure why they haven't broken ground. We're nearly into May. As noted above pool season will be over by the time they get it done.
  14. Carly worked hard for everything she has. She worked really hard at snagging the guys who fall all over themselves to give her anything she wants.
  15. That happened here for me. There was a thread that had what I felt to be very offensive posts and instead of engaging and most likely ending up banned I stepped back from the thread. It is not my nature to let offensive things slide but in this case I felt it was best for me.
  16. Is there a difference between BlueFang🕷️’s mannerisms and Sybil’s mannerisms? Absolutely. Sybil’s mannerisms is the result of some type of trauma. BlueFang🕷️’s mannerisms is a result of being born that way. Banana Breath🦍🦍🦍🦍 are you f….. kidding me? Is Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️ kept her head strong, I would hate to see her in a panic. Did you see the look on Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️ face when Harrison said that Auntie Jordan hurt Claire/Eve and that we have to save her? Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️ looked like she shit her pants. Victor lier lier pants on fire. If Auntie Jordan is dead, then you were the one who drove the stake through her heart. I don’t believe she’s dead, just went to meet Marco. Check that. Auntie Jordan is behind bars in Victor’s wine cellar. Why would anybody doubt that Victor has a jail cell in his wine cellar? Victor don’t pussy foot around and give Auntie Jordan a truth serum cocktail. MS I’m sure is a fine person but BlueFang🕷️ just turns my stomach 🤢🤢🤮. I’ve never even thought a person can be as insufferable as her.
  17. Carly telling a pained Drew that she tried so hard to make their relationship work 😅 but now things are back to the way they should be. ~She seriously has no self awareness. Sonny Hulk smashes his desk and reads Jason for deadbeat dad filth. Jason glares at Sonny and tells him he will stop him if he tries to kill Dex. I would have died if when Jason turned to leave he said "okay then see you at the coffee warehouse!" What is Jason actually supposed to be doing now? Is he free? Is he still working for the mob sniper people? Has he fulfilled his deal with John? Is his presence supposed to lure out the sniper? If so, why would he go anywhere near his kids!
  18. Ok, Amy drives me a bit crazy. Way too slow picking categories. Her affect is weird. (So not like most doctors I know.) I was hoping the guy in the middle would win.
  19. Missy continues to be excellent. "Are we not done? It felt like we were done."
  20. Do you have a source for this intel? There's been a lot of wondering about conflicting accounts about why David Murphy didn't compete in LCK and whether the Soo twist was long-planned. Also, in recent seasons they've begun with 16, but this time they did not, and yet they brought two back in, so it's still an uneven number (for now)...
  21. “If anyone has any objec-“ “YO! RIGHT HERE!”
  22. This Eric can’t be serious. Surely he must be deliberately playing the role of a villain crossed with a bumbling oaf?
  23. Is anyone going to ask Sheldon where he wants to go? "Why would you wanna be close to us?"
  24. The Crew of the ISS Enterprise becoming refuges in the Primeverse is a cool idea. But I did not need another tedious backstory.
  25. I'm not sure if this belongs in Speculation or here, but . . . . I've assumed that their boundaries are roughly circular, centered on the site of one's death. So, do all of the ghosts have the same boundaries? For example, Hetty died in the house, and Flower died out in the woods. Could Flower go farther away from the house in the direction of her death site than Hetty could?
  26. So, I'm watching the draft now, and in the intro Goodell said "Welcome to the D." My mind immediately went into the gutter and I said "Nope!" 🤣
  1. Load more activity