Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 9/23/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

9 hours ago, jkspeaks said:

Okay I have a theory as to why Bob Iger was their guest today, not only promoting his book but possibly to keep an eye on Meghan, after her walkout on Friday. You have to remember he has the power to fire anyone on the ABC and ESPN circuits, if she keeps this behavior on he will be right there on his radar and plus whether you like it or not Meghan ain't going nowhere her blowups are honestly what is getting this show its ratings.  

That would be wonderful, but I imagine he was there to be slavishly praised by people he has utter control over, and on a show that he can cancel in a moment.  

He seemed like a nice, humble man, but I'm just not interested in another white man in the upper echelons of wealth and power talking about the American dream and American Exceptionalism.

• Love 16
14 hours ago, After7Only said:

The ABC news correspondent was talking about his sources on the hill and Republican lawmakers reactions to the whistle blower case and then said that Republicans are having a hard time defending the POTUS on this one.  MM pipes up.  Yes, I'm having a hard time defending this.   MM you are clearly not the republicans he was referring to here....LOL.   

It's aaaaaallllwaysssss about her! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
9 hours ago, deirdra said:

That's why Joy, Ana, etc. have taken to automatically saying "not you, Meghan" every time after they say the word Republican. 

The fact that they have to do this with a thirty-something in a professional environment is insane. 

• Love 21

I have never seen someone who hates being at their job but yet feels it is her duty to be there because her political intelligence and just plain no one understands America more then her (I just threw up)  If Elsa was a true patriot like she reminds of then she would taken to heart what Sunny said the Republicans are more about power then country and that explains Meghan in a nutshell - she is all about the power she feels at this job and the power that she exploit her views more than the love of the country as with everything it is me me me not America and those of US who want her off the View - its her above everyone else.

I honestly think if there was a MT Rushmore of the View Hosts she would think she would be the only one or at least the first because she is the greatest of all time.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 14

MM needs to leave this gig, take some time off and recalculate what makes her happy and what gives her joy. 

Its too stressful for me to watch her unhappiness.  It’s time to put a stop to this, I don’t want to be a part of her coming apart. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
18 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Oh, Abby. We should tone down the rhetoric because asking politely has been so effective.  🙄

She needs to clean her own house first.

18 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Then she said "Progressives clearly run the Dem party now," or something to that effect. What the fuck is she talking about? I'm assuming she's referring to the squad. She seriously thinks four women in Congress control just elected last year control the entire Dem party?

Meghan keeps saying progressive like it's a bad thing.  Since Meghan is such a fan of statistics she should understand the majority of Americans are in favor of progressive policies when they are correctly explained to them.

• Love 16
14 minutes ago, General Days said:

I'm just starting the broadcast, so I've yet to get to Whoopi laying down the law. Until I get  there, I'd just like to put in a polite request for UPenn-educated Abby Huntsman to learn the fricking difference between "wary" and "weary."

It's making me weary.

I caught that too, and it's a HUGE pet peeve of mine when I hear people say this!  I think that they are blending the words "wary" and "leery", or they are just too lazy to figure out the correct wording - either way, it makes me cringe!  

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Politically, progressive means being in favor of progress, change, and reform.  It's the opposite of keeping everything the same, which is what conservatism is all about.  Does Meghan think we're really in such great shape as a country that "progressive"  is a BAD thing?  

But the old way of doing things has been good to Meghan. It's always about Meghan of course.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, General Days said:

, I'd just like to put in a polite request for UPenn-educated Abby Huntsman to learn the fricking difference between "wary" and "weary."

I'm wary of Abby ever knowing the difference. Maybe having three kids under the age of two is making her weary.

• LOL 16
  • Love 5

Meghan must not have been paying attention to the news last night and this morning; she's behind the times.  Last night there was reporting in The Washington Post that Nancy Pelosi was calling her members to see where they now stand on impeachment, due to this new Ukranian scandal, and 

many leadership aides who once thought Trump's impeachment was unlikely now say they think it's almost inevitable. The Washington Post

If progressives were running the party, as Meghan said, impeachment hearings would have begun at the beginning of the year.

I think she's is sticking her head in the sand and operating on the premise that all Trump scandals are created equal. This new one is much more serious, and ongoing, and is being done by and admitted to by the president.  It's also more "compact" than the Russia investigation; the case for impeachment can be presented to the public in a single paragraph.

• Love 21
25 minutes ago, lusinia said:

I think she's is sticking her head in the sand and operating on the premise that all Trump scandals are created equal. This new one is much more serious, and ongoing, and is being done by and admitted to by the president.  It's also more "compact" than the Russia investigation; the case for impeachment can be presented to the public in a single paragraph.

Meghan knows this reflects badly on her team and as much as she hates Trump (or so she says) this could affect more than the President.   Even if he doesn't get impeached this could have major ramifications for the 2020 election including Senate and House races.

• Love 12
16 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I don't think that's the reason he visited. It's more because he's retiring from Disney, I believe. Not that it would be weird for Iger to be thinking about McCain's employment, considering Bob Iger made a comment on Joy Behar at some meeting back during that Mike Pence non-troversy 2-3 years ago.

What did Iger say about the Joy/Pence thing?

1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

So, how many of you are going to get Whoopie's book?  I'll wait.....

Of course because it’ll be full of great cost effective ideas like bargaining with  the 7-11 clerk on a $3.99 bouquet of already limp flowers. Perhaps lifting napkins  from a fast food restaurant is in there too. 

Edited by athousandclowns
  • LOL 15
  • Love 1

Today’s dynamics were a doozy...

you can tell MM wasn’t happy that Abby was on the Joy/Sunny/Whoopi side about Ukraine, especially when Joy (patronizingly) tapped Abby’s shoulder and called her a good girl.

this caused Abby to double down on the next segment of climate change probably looking to support MM. this caused her to make NO sense and babbles about not having kids and AOC.

then MM later said she watched old clips and basically tried to make Joy (and Whoopi) look bad by undermining their lack of support for republicans in power. She has some points but the way she went about it was dirty and hypocritical since she’s the exact same way.

glad Whoopi said...no idea what you are talking about and stop being dismissive. MM was also making comments to those in audience which is so weird cause we don’t even see whose she talking too.

there was also that awkward moment between Whoopi and Gwen where Whoopi thought they were off air and the two couldn’t hear what the other was saying so she gets up. MM, meanwhile is yelling “are we still on air? Are we still on air?” Hahahah

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
  • MeAgain barks at the audience to let her finish.
  • MeAgain rudely laughs and lip snarls while the other hosts are talking about impeachment. 
  • MeAgain says she finds it entertaining how hypocritical they are because they supported impeachment for Bush.
  • Whoopi tells MeAgain she doesn't even know what she is saying right now, and MeAgain snarls and feels sorry for herself.
  • Whoopi tells MeAgain she needs to stop being dismissive and to watch her tone while talking to her co-hosts.
  • Oddly, when they go to break, Sunny talks to MeAgain who is petting her hair.  The freeze-out is definitely over.   Joy turns fully toward Whoopi and is animatedly talking to her across Abby.
  • When Gwen S. comes out, she appears as if she is not going to make the rounds and hug them, goes straight to her chair and hugs Joy.  And then Sunny.  And then swoops around to bear hug Whoopi.  She breezes past her number one fan Abby who looks hurt and kind of reaches out to her.  I don't think she went to MeAgain at all, but I may have missed it.
  • LOL 6
  • Love 15
7 minutes ago, geekburger said:

there was also that awkward moment between Whoopi and Gwen where Whoopi thought they were off air and the two couldn’t hear what the other was saying so she gets up. MM, meanwhile is yelling “are we still on air? Are we still on air?” Hahahah

Maybe the producer running the show was so fed up that he walked out to give MM a taste of her own medicine.

• LOL 11
25 minutes ago, General Days said:

If you're not going to listen to Nancy Pelosi on the political implications of this, just impeach him then. See what happens politically, because what happened with Clinton in the '90s really ended up hurting Republicans. And I think, and many historians of politics believe it helped Clinton get re-elected. Just impeach him then."

No.

Bill Clinton ran for president in 1992 and 1996. 

The House impeached Clinton AFTER the midterms in 1998. Impeachment was initiated on October 8, 1998. 

Can anyone on Twitter please send this to Meghan??

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, General Days said:

I'm having trouble concentrating. I had to stop watching and get something done after my last post, so I've just resumed. If someone else already mentioned this, and I missed it in my haste to catch up, please let me know.

At about 7 or 8 minutes in, during her "Unleash the kraken" wind up, Meghan said:

"If you're not going to listen to Nancy Pelosi on the political implications of this, just impeach him then. See what happens politically, because what happened with Clinton in the '90s really ended up hurting Republicans. And I think, and many historians of politics believe it helped Clinton get re-elected. Just impeach him then."

No.

Bill Clinton ran for president in 1992 and 1996. 

The House impeached Clinton AFTER the midterms in 1998. Impeachment was initiated on October 8, 1998. 

Meghan and her stable of historians need to put down the pipe. 

Yes, you heard that correctly. I was just about to post the exact same thing because I was in shock. 

27 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

Me too. I can't stand her boyfriend, he always seems drunk. I've watched the show shes on twice, hated it, but love me some Kelly Clarkson.

Blake Shelton has some really good songs, but there's a reason my nickname for him is Marlboro McRedneck. Just saying. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, UYI said:

Yes, you heard that correctly. I was just about to post the exact same thing because I was in shock. 

Blake Shelton has some really good songs, but there's a reason my nickname for him is Marlboro McRedneck. Just saying. 

He runs over turtles for fun. Not my type of person. 

9 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

What pissed me off about Meghan was bringing Obama into the argument. "Democrats were fine when Obama withheld aid to Ukraine, so, blah blah blah..."   NO, Meghan, that's not the point .  It' snot about AID to another country - it's about using it for political purposes - to destroy a political opponent.    DO NOT bring up "what about Obama?" like your hero bitsy hasselbrat did all the time.    The current issue surpasses all previous political scandals, problems, rumors, etc.    Our country is in a state of chaos, nothing like what is happening right now has ever happened before, and we have to take it seriously. 

In other words -  don't be dismissive, bitch.

Also, foreign policy changes.

We fought the British for our independence, but they're one of our strongest allies.

Germany and Japan  were our foes (and villains on the world stage) during WWII, but today, they too are allies. 

It's just a stupid argument. I don't remember enough foreign policy news to recall Obama's reasons. Without looking it up, it seems likely to me he was still trying to influence Putin in other ways.

After all, the GOP had aid to Ukraine in its 2016 party platform. While Russians were present at the convention, that support was scrubbed from the platform at Team Trump's request.

I wish one person on the panel could counter Meghan with facts, but I know it's a lot to do off the cuff, particularly when she's talking loud, fast, and over everyone.

• Love 20
16 minutes ago, bannana said:

Just re this part, is what MeAgain said even true?

I was googling it and couldn’t find anything. (Admitting I didn’t look too hard.)  Did she mean Biden while VP?  And in any case I’m guessing the reason was policy related, not a self serving and unconstitutional case of extortion for political purposes. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, hisbunkie said:

MM needs to leave this gig, take some time off and recalculate what makes her happy and what gives her joy. 

Its too stressful for me to watch her unhappiness.  It’s time to put a stop to this, I don’t want to be a part of her coming apart. 

You are a better person than I hisbunkie. I can't wait for the day when the shit finally hits the fan.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16