Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 9/23/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

11 hours ago, Tammee said:

You know, something is up with that.  Last week and again this week my dvr didnt set to record the show.  When i looked at the description it was the generic blurb oh what the show was.  No guests. But said 'new'.  So by all counts it should have recorded. And now Thursday it does it again.  Hmm....donning Sherlock's hat....something is very suspicious here...coincidence? Hmmm....i bet Ana will be there Friday.  Unless she's changed her day with Whoopi to Thursday for the side hustle

Well i guess now we know.  I really hope they reschedule Andrew Yang

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, TheView said:
13 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

No, Abby. The American people who've been paying attention aren't struggling to understand what's going on. It's not that complicated...

She doesn’t get it 

She gets it. She just doesn't want it to be true.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 14
Just now, Alexis2291 said:

So Mrs. Politcal Pundit doesn't understand Joy's reference to Linda Tripp when talking about political operatives, huh? Seems like something someone who came out the womb knowing about politics would understand...

LMAO @ Joy: Let me explain it to you🤣

I want Joy to bring Linda in to sabotage Meghan. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Me either.  I'll have to watch on Hulu later.  I feel bad for Joy and Sunny.  I'm sure they'd rather be watching the hearings.

Oh, it gets uploaded to Hulu? Didn't know that. I'll have to watch it there later, too. Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

So Mrs. Politcal Pundit doesn't understand Joy's reference to Linda Tripp when talking about political operatives, huh? Seems like a reference someone who came out the womb knowing about politics would understand immediately...

LMAO @ Joy: Let me explain it to you🤣

Didn't Meghan at one point say she found out what blow jobs were because of the Starr Report? Pretty sure Linda Tripp was in that report. And she was all over the news.  Meghan's dad was a Senator at that time. Surely Meghan knew what was going on.  She was 14 at the time. 

1 minute ago, sevenrings said:

Oh, it gets uploaded to Hulu? Didn't know that. I'll have to watch it there later, too. Thanks!

It does get uploaded but not until evening. Usually on by 7pm.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, blondiec0332 said:

Didn't Meghan at one point say she found out what blow jobs were because of the Starr Report? Pretty sure Linda Tripp was in that report. And she was all over the news.  Meghan's dad was a Senator at that time. Surely Meghan knew what was going on.  She was 14 at the time. 

Yep, she's said that several times on the show. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

I didn’t believe Yang at all when Abby brought up the woman he fired. Not that it matters because he’s irrelevant, imo.

I loved Joy, Whoopi, and most of all—shockingly—Abby this morning when they were talking about the whistleblower. I’m glad she’s drawing a stark line between herself and McCain on this subject since the majority of the time she seems like she's repeating what McCain told her to say more than anything. I especially liked her comments about people sacrificing their dignity to defend the indefensible: that encapsulates McCain’s entire tenure on The View.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
59 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

I thought the table was good today, I normally do when Joy or Sunny aren't on. Meghan didn't get huffy,Joy didn't get twitchy.

They really can't make their point with so little time, but that's always been the problem with this show( gotta make  room for deals etc..) 

I agree that it’s hard to have a good conversation when the segments are so short. Sometimes it feels like more time is spent on the expository part of the topic! Two people provide their brief opinion and it’s off to another commercial break. Not a fan.

It would also help if they didn’t interrupt and talk over each other every 20 seconds, but that will never change. While I wish “The Talk” would delve into more political issues and global events (and stop with the terrible animal abuse stories!), I do appreciate that those women (except for Sharon and sometimes Carrie Ann) are mindful of making sure everyone has a chance to speak. 

Lastly, I am sincerely curious about what it is that you mean when you describe Joy as being “twitchy.”  My question stems from a genuine place. For example, I always know what Whoopi has said on the show to elicit comments that label her as being incoherent, but I honestly don’t understand or know what “twitchy” is.

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

I thought Joy was rude. It's called the view, as we all have one, seen through different lenses though. I don't hate Meghan or Joy, I don't know them personally, but the latter is not a favourite of mine, long before MM was on the show. I just watch, and comment as I saw it.

I'm genuinely curious, what did Joy do or say today that was rude? Maybe I missed it.

• Love 17
22 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Well it's not a very articulate thing to say and not everyone has "meh" in their vocabulary. 

The first time I heard someone say they were "meh" about something, I thought they were saying "mad", and it was very confusing. 

the thing with "meh" is is that you  don't pronounce it how its said.  its more of a shoulder shrug/lift, along with quick lip lift/snarl and the words are more of a grunt that begins with m.  I see it as a Jewish trait.

22 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Well it's not a very articulate thing to say and not everyone has "meh" in their vocabulary. 

The first time I heard someone say they were "meh" about something, I thought they were saying "mad", and it was very confusing. 

the thing with "meh" is is that you  don't pronounce it how its said.  its more of a shoulder shrug/lift, along with quick lip lift/snarl and the words are more of a grunt that begins with m.  I see it as a Jewish trait.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I'm genuinely curious, what did Joy do or say today that was rude? Maybe I missed it.

Nothing that I saw.  Most of what Joy was saying was interrupted by Megun.  Abby often interrupts herself, starting a new sentence in the middle of a sentence, often more than once, which makes it impossible to tell what her point is, if she has one.

• LOL 7
  • Love 13

So, today MM applauds Yang for being fun and more lighthearted on his campaign.

Meh-gun, said,  "To bring positivity and levity, especially this moment,  is something to be lauded,  I believe."

Whereas she lectures Sherry about this being an oh-so-serious times in Americsn politics.

Fucking hypocrite, yet again. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 18
13 minutes ago, Tosia said:

???????

Joy was very complimentary to Yang for his sense of humor and his accepting view of the fired SNL comedian. 

She is an engaging likable interviewer. 

Yeah, I'm confused. Joy seemed to be really engaged during the interview with Yang.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Sarah Heart said:

Great, they liked one another. The only one that didn't have a good time with Yang, was Joy..not that I expected that.

Hmmm...guess I watched a different show.  I thought Joy+Yang had a good time.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Tosia said:

Meh-gun, said,  "To bring positivity and levity, especially this moment,  is something to be lauded,  I believe."

Whereas she lectures Sherry about this being an oh-so-serious times in Americsn politics.

And, she even pouted about that today.  I think it was when Joy was doing the Mafia comparison, citing the movie the Godfather.  MeAgain demanded that they stay in the here and now!  That these are serious issues and serious times!  That she suffered anxiety all day yesterday and tweeted with her support animal Abby all day long! 

Joy and Whoopi exchanged a few meaningful glances and chuckles today.

• Love 19

Not only was the program not shown here , I had a planned PGE outage. Perhaps it was best as I might have reached in the tv and slapped that rude self important hypocrite into next week as my mother would say.  Where does she get off? I wonder what the Hell are the morning meetings like? Joy brought up Cohen because he knew the clown for years intimately ,he knew the clowns talking in codes.  Anytime she brings up Obama or Clinton she needs to be told ,” we need to keep it in the present” . 

I expect her to show the Clinton mother and daughter the respect she showed Pence's Stepford spawn.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11

I think Andrew Yang is an asshat who likes notoriety.  He enjoys making people feel uncomfortable, which is a good thing, but then takes it to the extreme.  We are never going to see a UBI in this country.  It's so easy to tap into the minds of the Millennial Slackers who want to play video games all day promising them a $12K salary.  It's an easy demographic, but it doesn't win elections.  (Did those wahoos in the audience have jobs?)

If you miss your family so much, then go be with them.  Especially since you have an autistic son.  He needs his daddy, something no outside source can provide.  Some things are more important than your campaign.

Yet no host questioned him on his hokey scheme to buy votes by promising a raffle for ten lucky families totaling $120K FROM CAMPAIGN FUNDS.  Not his own money. I thought that broke FEC rules.  Oh, who am I kidding, the FEC is a feckless c***.

And, on a personal note, as a mathematician, I respect his high regard for math, but there is no need to redefine the word "MATH" to suit his needs.  It's way too close to "MAGA" for my liking. 

Geez, we get it, you like math and know doctors and like to play on Asian stereotypes.   Are you going to tell us next how you are a lousy driver?  Or how you will deal with despots and foreign leaders?

Edited by xingu
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, xingu said:

I think Andrew Yang is an asshat who likes notoriety.  He enjoys making people feel uncomfortable, which is a good thing, but then takes it to the extreme.  We are never going to see a UBI in this country.  It's so easy to tap into the minds of the Millennial Slackers who want to play video games all day promising them a $12K salary.  It's an easy demographic, but it doesn't win elections.  (Did those wahoos in the audience have jobs?)

If you miss your family so much, then go be with them.  Especially since you have an autistic son.  He needs his daddy, something no outside source can provide.  Some things are more important than your campaign.

Yet no host questioned him on his hokey scheme to buy votes by promising a raffle for ten lucky families totaling $120K FROM CAMPAIGN FUNDS.  Not his own money. I thought that broke FEC rules.  Oh, who am I kidding, the FEC is a feckless c***.

I agree it is unlikely you will ever see a universal basic income in your country.  I disagree that it is playing into millennial slackers.  I don't even agree with the generalization of millennial slackers!  But that is a different topic for another day.

UBI has been tried and studied.  Contrary to assumptions, it doesn't lead to people being slackers, at all.  I have previously posted links to UBI data and sites.  I would be happy to do so again but don't want to be completely annoying.

The concept is that if everyone has a basic income, it changes their lives, and also eliminates the need for other programs to support people when they hit hard times.  I am coming at this from the perspective of a Canadian, where we already have a social safety net.  UBI would not necessarily eliminate those other programs, but it could reduce them and also reduce mental and physical health issues, which, in our country, we pay for through our government programs.  But the real point is that people know that they have this basic income, and can live.  Many social issues are addressed by this.  Andrew Yang has shown the example of Alaska.  There are other places where this has been implemented and has worked.  It has been piloted in Canada.

• Love 20

Just to be clear I said "Millennial Slackers who want to want to play video games all day".  I did not mean to imply that all Millinnials are that way, but there is subset who do.   That is to whom I was referring.

Edited by xingu
  • Love 8

UBI would not necessarily eliminate those other programs, but it could reduce them and also reduce mental and physical health issues, which, in our country, we pay for through our government programs. 

You will get no argument from me for Universal Health Care.  I'm right there with you.  But UHC is a far cry from UBI. 

Sadly, I don't think Americans are at the point of willing to pay for it.  We're getting close.  But just look at the tax rates of Europe:  European Tax Rates. .

The average American would cringe at these rates.  But that's the cost of a country who cares.

Whoopi, with that mop, on her head looks ridiculous.  She is doing this simply to promote her role in "The Stand".  I've seen her in many movies where she wears headpieces. 

She reminds me of my teen years where I worked at McDonald's and had to mop the floor every night.  I hated it then and I hate it now.

Edited by xingu
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, xingu said:

It's so easy to tap into the minds of the Millennial Slackers who want to play video games all day and Whoopi, promising them a $12K salary.  It's an easy demographic, but it doesn't win elections. 

Fixed it. 😉

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, sevenrings said:

You're welcome.  I'm in the Central Time Zone, and It's usually available to watch by 6 p.m.  It's also better than watching OnDemand, where they include all the commercials; Hulu plays just one brief commercial per break, so you can watch the show in 40 something minutes. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, Tosia said:

I had this exact thought, remembering her Twitter reprimand to Sherri.  Meghan also, after Joy was explaining how Trump's asking for a favor was "Godfather like", said, "I would prefer to just be in the now, right.  Because this is very serious" (however that relates to what Joy said). 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, lusinia said:
23 hours ago, sevenrings said:

You're welcome.  I'm in the Central Time Zone, and It's usually available to watch by 6 p.m.  It's also better than watching OnDemand, where they include all the commercials; Hulu plays just one brief commercial per break, so you can watch the show in 40 something minutes. 

Check YouTube too.  It's usually there earlier without commercials.  There are full episodes and various clips.

• Useful 1

Some thoughts on Wednesday's show:

AOC shading moderates:

Abby is still really in her feelings about that AOC comment. LOL, get over it Abby. AOC made good points. I have a strong suspicion Abby has never even seen the whole interview. 

Mark Kelly stating and re-stating that the Earth is spherical:

I'm pretty sure he was not directing this comment at Sherri specifically.  I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't even know who Sherri Shepard was, or that she once hosted The View.  To me, it appeared to be a comment directed at all the flat Earthers, which is apparently some sort of movement now.

Hispanics is Hollywood:

I as well was surprised Whoppi didn't know that Latino does not equal non-white. Between her age and her particular history in entertainment I would have guessed she would had figured this out by now.

Sunny's family tree:

MyHeritage representative (paraphrase): Sunny, your grandfather once worked in the mess hall of a Navy ship. Maybe that's when your love for cooking was imprinted on your DNA.

Me: Uh, that's not how science works lady.

Edited by piccadilly83
  • LOL 12
  • Love 8