Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 9/23/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday, Sept. 23
Chairman and CEO of The Walt Disney Company, Robert Iger (author, “The Ride of a Lifetime”)

Tuesday, Sept. 24
Gwen Stefani (“The Voice”); Ta-Nehisi Coates (author, “The Water Dancer”)

Wednesday, Sept. 25
The Political View with former astronaut and Arizona Democratic Senate Candidate Mark Kelly who is running for John McCain’s Senate seat

Thursday, Sept. 26
2020 Presidential candidate Andrew Yang

Friday, Sept. 27
Bobby Flay (author, “Bobby at Home”)

• Love 3

I love Mark Kelly and Gabby Gifford, but, I just assumed McCain's seat would be retired because no one can possibly replace him. Meghan's going to be a mess. I don't think Kelly's going to be real receptive to her gun, gun, gun ownership arguments.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I don't think Kelly's going to be real receptive to her gun, gun, gun ownership arguments.

I'm going to assume Gabby Giffords Kelly will be in the front row of the audience.  Let's see how "tough" Meghan will be about Massacres by Gun.  Will she date to point out that in Mrs. Kelly's case it was NOT "America's most popular firearm," the AR-15?

• Love 15
9 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I love Mark Kelly and Gabby Gifford, but, I just assumed McCain's seat would be retired because no one can possibly replace him. Meghan's going to be a mess. I don't think Kelly's going to be real receptive to her gun, gun, gun ownership arguments.

No one is irreplaceable. 

• Love 5
On 9/22/2019 at 10:35 AM, TheView said:

It'll be a drinking game for how many times she says "My father" 

Please don't.  I feel like on that day in particular, this game would be far too dangerous.

Just now, Bronzedog said:

Joy just said she'd pay Meghan to give her the silent treatment!  It's in the background while Meghan is screeching about never giving anyone the silent treatment.

I'm still watching the opening segment on the Whistleblower. This makes me want to fast-forward (I mean more than the show always does).

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

I think Joy just said she'd pay Meghan to give her the silent treatment!  It's in the background while Meghan is screeching about never giving anyone the silent treatment.

I think Joy said "pray" because she was holding her hands in the symbol for the word.  Sadly, Meghan seemed to miss it.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

I think Joy just said she'd pay Meghan to give her the silent treatment!  It's in the background while Meghan is screeching about never giving anyone the silent treatment.

I think that is what Joy said too, but of course Screechy McCain didn't hear it, unless she asked Joy to repeat it (during the break).  Pay or Pray make sense.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

The ABC news correspondent was talking about his sources on the hill and Republican lawmakers reactions to the whistle blower case and then said that Republicans are having a hard time defending the POTUS on this one.  MM pipes up.  Yes, I'm having a hard time defending this.   MM you are clearly not the republicans he was referring to here....LOL.   

• LOL 7
  • Love 10

ETA - It was pointed out to me below that I got this all wrong.  I apologize.

I thought it was funny when, after Bob Iger told Abby that he knew both of her parents, and then complemented her by saying they raised a great daughter, he immediately turned to Meghan and said that he didn't know her father, and pointedly didn't say that he raised a great daughter.

Edited by lusinia
  • LOL 8
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, After7Only said:

The ABC news correspondent was talking about his sources on the hill and Republican lawmakers reactions to the whistle blower case and then said that Republicans are having a hard time defending the POTUS on this one.  MM pipes up.  Yes, I'm having a hard time defending this.   MM you are clearly not the republicans he was referring to here....LOL.   

yeah, I thought for sure I heard her wrong.... thanks for letting me know it was Megzy not hearing correctly again

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

I thought it was funny when, after Bob Iger told Abby that he knew both of her parents, and then complemented her by saying they raised a great daughter, he immediately turned to Meghan and said that he didn't know her father, and pointedly didn't say that he raised a great daughter.

I like to keep my posts free from Meghan positivity, but that's not what Bob Iger said.

Abby asked him about experiencing the high of opening Disney Shanghai, juxtaposed with the horrors of the Pulse nightclub gun massacre and the death of the two-year-old who was killed by an alligator (AH said "crocodile") at Disney World (Florida). She asked him to take us "back to the moment."

While talking about the fact that he worked for 18 years to develop Disney Shanghai, he gestured to Abby and said:

Your dad, in fact, I worked with your Dad when he was the ambassador to China. I knew both your fathers, by the way. They raised great daughters, by the way.

Abby and Meghan both thanked him for that. They were showing photos during some of his discussion, so whether he looked at or gestured to Meghan I can't say, but he included her.

Edited by General Days
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
24 minutes ago, General Days said:

I like to keep my posts free from Meghan positivity, but that's not what Bob Iger said.

Abby asked him about experiencing the high of opening Disney Shanghai, juxtaposed with the horrors of the Pulse nightclub gun massacre and the death of the two-year-old who was killed by an alligator (AH said "crocodile") at Disney World (Florida). She asked him to take us "back to the moment."

While talking about the fact that he worked for 18 years to develop Disney Shanghai, he gestured to Abby and said:

Your dad, in fact, I worked with your Dad when he was the ambassador to China. I knew both your fathers, by the way. They raised great daughters, by the way.

Abby and Meghan both thanked him for that. They were showing photos during some of his discussion, so whether he looked at or gestured to Meghan I can't say, but he included her.

Yes thats what i saw too. And then the cameras immediately pan to MM.  Wtf?  She didnt ask the question. Is this going to be the way now?  The obligatory reference?  They should build a wooden stand around her area, like Lucy of Peanuts fame.  A little woven basket for the nickels lol

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

Okay I have a theory as to why Bob Iger was their guest today, not only promoting his book but possibly to keep an eye on Meghan, after her walkout on Friday. You have to remember he has the power to fire anyone on the ABC and ESPN circuits, if she keeps this behavior on he will be right there on his radar and plus whether you like it or not Meghan ain't going nowhere her blowups are honestly what is getting this show its ratings.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
49 minutes ago, jkspeaks said:

Okay I have a theory as to why Bob Iger was their guest today, not only promoting his book but possibly to keep an eye on Meghan, after her walkout on Friday. You have to remember he has the power to fire anyone on the ABC and ESPN circuits, if she keeps this behavior on he will be right there on his radar and plus whether you like it or not Meghan ain't going nowhere her blowups are honestly what is getting this show its ratings.  

No offense, but, I think that’s probably giving Meghan way too much importance.  I think with the amount of responsibility Mr. Iger has, Meghan McCain is probably pretty insignificant.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, jkspeaks said:

I think he loves what she brings - lots of publicity.  And negative attention is better than no attention.  the View has been in the news a lot. Ratings, etc.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, After7Only said:

I guess any time people say "republicans"  they have to specify republican senators, republicans in congress, or republicans in the administration,  otherwise, ME-ghan thinks they're talking about her.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

I guess any time people say "republicans"  they have to specify republican senators, republicans in congress, or republicans in the administration,  otherwise, ME-ghan thinks they're talking about her.

That's why Joy, Ana, etc. have taken to automatically saying "not you, Meghan" every time after they say the word Republican. 

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 12
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, deirdra said:

That's why Joy, Ana, etc. have taken to automatically saying "not you, Meghan" every time after they say the word Republican.

Every time she says she's the only republican on the panel, I'm thinking what?

Someone mentioned Whoopi's hair. What in the hell.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, General Days said:

I went back and checked-- I'm so glad you corrected the record; I don't like to get things wrong.  When I'm watching the show and I don't quite catch something and might want to comment on it, I'll rewind and rewatch it.

I really did think Bob Iger said to Abby that he knew both her father and her mother (since her family was living in China) instead of "both your fathers, by the way".  After he did say to Meghan and Abby that their fathers "raised terrific daughters, by the way" he does say, "I didn't know your father" and then Meghan says "my father was thrilled you employ me".  I must not have been looking at the tv and assumed it was an exchange between them, since Meghan is the only other one who has a well-known father he could know. The "I didn't know your father" was to Joy (and Joy says something which I didn't understand and which wasn't closed captioned.)

• Love 2
6 hours ago, jkspeaks said:

Okay I have a theory as to why Bob Iger was their guest today, not only promoting his book but possibly to keep an eye on Meghan, after her walkout on Friday. You have to remember he has the power to fire anyone on the ABC and ESPN circuits

I don't think that's the reason he visited. It's more because he's retiring from Disney, I believe. Not that it would be weird for Iger to be thinking about McCain's employment, considering Bob Iger made a comment on Joy Behar at some meeting back during that Mike Pence non-troversy 2-3 years ago.

• Love 3

I'm not sure why there's so much confusion about what Iger said. He commented on knowing both fathers (Abby's and Meghan's) and then later joked that he didn't know either Whoopi or Joy's father (couldn't tell where he was gesturing) and Joy laughed.

Start watching at 0:40

Edited by Aileen
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I don't think that's the reason he visited. It's more because he's retiring from Disney, I believe. Not that it would be weird for Iger to be thinking about McCain's employment, considering Bob Iger made a comment on Joy Behar at some meeting back during that Mike Pence non-troversy 2-3 years ago.

It would've been nice if he announced a Roger Rabbit sequel during his appearance.  

1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Not that it would be weird for Iger to be thinking about McCain's employment, considering Bob Iger made a comment on Joy Behar at some meeting back during that Mike Pence non-troversy 2-3 years ago.

What did he say?  Was it positive or negative?

• Love 1