Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 9/23/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, General Days said:

I wish one person on the panel could counter Meghan with facts, but I know it's a lot to do off the cuff, particularly when she's talking loud, fast, and over everyone.

Joy, off camera, did say:  What?  But, yeah, how can they counter something she pulls out of the air.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, geekburger said:

Today’s dynamics were a doozy...

One other oddity was when she spoke to Ta-Nehisi Coates and apologized for interrupting.  It was such an awkward segue and she looked so serious, and kind of upset, that I expected her to begin grilling him about something, so I was shocked when the question was simply about his graphic novels.  I guess she was still upset about what went on earlier.

I don't envy anybody whose path she crossed after the show.  I imagine she figured she couldn't walk off the set to let off steam twice in less than a week, so she might have been ready to blow.

58 minutes ago, General Days said:

I'm having trouble concentrating. I had to stop watching and get something done after my last post, so I've just resumed. If someone else already mentioned this, and I missed it in my haste to catch up, please let me know.

At about 7 or 8 minutes in, during her "Unleash the kraken" wind up, Meghan said:

"If you're not going to listen to Nancy Pelosi on the political implications of this, just impeach him then. See what happens politically, because what happened with Clinton in the '90s really ended up hurting Republicans. And I think, and many historians of politics believe it helped Clinton get re-elected. Just impeach him then."

No.

Bill Clinton ran for president in 1992 and 1996. 

The House impeached Clinton AFTER the midterms in 1998. Impeachment was initiated on October 8, 1998. 

Meghan and her stable of historians need to put down the pipe. 

Meghan is really mixing up Republicans and Democrats with this and the whole Julian Assange thing from last week.  It's like her fury is making her unable to see straight.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
50 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

What pissed me off about Meghan was bringing Obama into the argument. "Democrats were fine when Obama withheld aid to Ukraine, so, blah blah blah..."   NO, Meghan, that's not the point . 

That is what Meghan does.   When she can't defend what is being done she tries to deflect and usually uses Obama because that usually gets a reaction from her tribe.

32 minutes ago, Haleth said:

And in any case I’m guessing the reason was policy related, not a self serving and unconstitutional case of extortion for political purposes. 

Even Meghan should be able to understand this.  It's not necessarily about what Trump did but  his reason for doing it.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 20
13 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Today was not the first time Abby has snidely said people in favor of wanting to combat climate change want people to stop having children.  Does she not know that millions of people have chosen not to have children because they aren't sure the Earth will still be here when they are adults?  It's almost as if she is scoffing at their beliefs and desire to do something to help.

Yes, Abby is talking as if there are people pressuring others not to have children.  I haven't seen any.  I do know people in their 20s and 30s who are asking themselves if it makes sense to have children when the earth will be burning up in their lifetime.   Abby has her head in the sand, about a lot of issues.   she is in favor of a "wait until we have all the facts"  attitude.  Yeah, we have facts.  the leaders are ignoring the facts. 

• Love 20
3 hours ago, General Days said:

Meghan and her stable of historians need to put down the pipe. 

Megun has no "stable of historians". Like you know who, instead of saying "I think" she implies that a lot of "historians" agree with what Megun+Ben say.  Listeners are not fooled into thinking that she has studied the opinions or consulted with any historians of politics.  

It is similar to when she said liberals agree with Julian Assange.  When Joy asks Who?  What liberals, not me! Megun changes it to Bernie Sanders supporters, when Joy & Ana press further, she changes it to some people.  All pulled out of her ass in attempt to bolster her lame argument.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
59 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Megun has no "stable of historians". Like you know who, instead of saying "I think" she implies that a lot of "historians" agree with what Megun+Ben say.  Listeners are not fooled into thinking that she has studied the opinions or consulted with any historians of politics.  

It is similar to when she said liberals agree with Julian Assange.  When Joy asks Who?  What liberals, not me! Megun changes it to Bernie Sanders supporters, when Joy & Ana press further, she changes it to some people.  All pulled out of her ass in attempt to bolster her lame argument.

I understand that. That's why I called it a "stable of historians."

9 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Even to the poor audience, who can't really argue back.

When she was deriding the audience today and telling them to "calm down," or "settle down," or whatever she said, I couldn't help but think  I'd probably get kicked out of the audience, because I'd yell back at her.

• LOL 10
  • Love 13
58 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

It's also hard to do that when she screams EXCUSE ME any time anyone tries to rebut one of her claims.

She has some nerve with the "EXCUSE MEs" when she's the worst about interrupting.

• Love 24

blAbby wants rational conversations about climate change, yet here she is saying AOC wants to people to stop having kids.

Megun couldn't be rude to the audience yesterday so she made up for today. "I'm not dismissive" I would really like to know what Megun thinks her being dismissive looks like.

• Love 18
8 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

She also might want to think about getting some therapy.    She's clearly extremely unhappy about something (or things) in her life and is taking it out on the rest of the world.   She always says she's comfortable with her weight and size, but I wonder.   I'd love to be skinny again but it's too much work; ain't happening.   But I'm not on TV everyday getting looked at.  I'm not even on social media to take any hits.  But Nutty is, and things are being said, and she doesn't have the will power to change herself up.   JMHO.    Then there's Abby sitting there having just birthed twins a year after her first child, and she's looking great.  Sunny is slim as a rail, even lost weight this year.   Joy is 40 years older than Megs, and she's trim.   Judging from my own issues, I bet this is bothering her.   But even if she lost 100 lbs., she'd probably still be bitchy as ever, unfortunately.

Don't do this. It's some fat shaming nonsense. Her weight has nothing to do with her demeanor on the show. I know it's a huge shocker, but a woman can be plus sized and happy with their weight.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Mark Kelly tomorrow!  Really looking forward to tomorrow’s show!

I get to watch live tomorrow as I'm working from home for part of the day. The Hulu uploads of the show are always sanitized whenever anything juicy happens.

• Love 5

Interesting thing I noticed today. 

Me-Gun repeated the LIE that the impeachment hearing for Bill Clinton ended up benefitting him, as it helped him win the re-election.  I don't know where she got this.

But today, I'm seeing on twitter that an impeachment hearing will end up benefitting trump in his bid for re-election, just like it did Clinton.  (again, NOT TRUE) 

This isn't the first time I've heard something from Me-Gun in the morning that becomes a republican talking  point by the end of the day.  I suspect she's being told what to say.  Just like her incoherent bullshit the other day about Assange, and today going on some bizarre "what about Obama?"  tangent  - she's willing to look like a fool as she delivers the message that she's been ordered to deliver - usually a "both sides" deflection. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 8

Make sure your comments in this thread are about the shows this week and what was said on them. Twitter comments by hosts that do not directly relate to this week’s programming are off-topic and have been removed.

15 minutes ago, thejuicer said:

This. Abby's input is always a mix of "This is complex, let's wait for the facts, everyone has a different opinion, some people want X but some want Y, think of the children." I'm not sure if she's really void of any real opinions or just not wanting to offend. I still remember her outrage at AOC mocking "moderates" who are just *shoulder shrug* "meh" on issues. That describes her to a T, no wonder she was so mad. Ha.

That absolutely describes her, lol. Or she'll default to some rhetoric about "coming together as a country" instead of critically thinking about an issue or just kinda ignoring it altogether. 

• Love 17
20 minutes ago, thejuicer said:

This. Abby's input is always a mix of "This is complex, let's wait for the facts, everyone has a different opinion, some people want X but some want Y, think of the children." I'm not sure if she's really void of any real opinions or just not wanting to offend. I still remember her outrage at AOC mocking "moderates" who are just *shoulder shrug* "meh" on issues. That describes her to a T, no wonder she was so mad. Ha.

Pretty much. I'm all for politeness, but I think you need to be able to express your View on The View. I still prefer her to MM because Abby is a nicer person, but I prefer Joy, Sunny, & Whoopi to both of them because to me they are more what the show is about. Wish we could get rid of one of them (preferably Meghan) and have Ana on full time instead. 

I think Abby would do much better on something nonpolitical like The Talk. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 17
On 9/23/2019 at 3:00 PM, Bronzedog said:

No offense, but, I think that’s probably giving Meghan way too much importance.  I think with the amount of responsibility Mr. Iger has, Meghan McCain is probably pretty insignificant.

Yeah. If anything it would be of respect to her dad.  Nothing else. But its been over a year people.  

• Love 2
11 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Me-Gun repeated the LIE that the impeachment hearing for Bill Clinton ended up benefitting him, as it helped him win the re-election.  I don't know where she got this.

She can't use the excuse she wasn't alive when this happened because she was.  In fact her father was one of the senators who voted guilty.

11 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

This isn't the first time I've heard something from Me-Gun in the morning that becomes a republican talking  point by the end of the day.  I suspect she's being told what to say. 

The other blond Republican who sat at that end of the table also had her talking points given to her.

• Love 12

A few people were asking yesterday if what Meghan said about Obama doing the same thing as Trump in withholding aid to Ukraine is correct.  I came across an article this morning that explains the issue thoroughly - justsecurity.org, an online forum associated with the NYU School of Law.

This is from the timeline link in the above article that specifically addresses withholding funds - 

Steven Pifer is a career foreign service officer who was ambassador to Ukraine under President Bill Clinton and deputy assistant secretary of state for European and Eurasian Affairs under President George W. Bush.  He told Politifact that "virtually everyone" he knew in the U.S. government "felt that Shokin was not doing his job and should be fired.  As far as I can recall, they all concurred with the vice president telling Poroshenko that the U.S. government would not extend the $1 billion loan guarantee to Ukraine until Shokin was removed from office.

Edited by lusinia
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10
14 hours ago, leftlane said:

Don't do this. It's some fat shaming nonsense. Her weight has nothing to do with her demeanor on the show. I know it's a huge shocker, but a woman can be plus sized and happy with their weight.

I’m so glad you said this, Leftlane. I don’t want to shame other writers but I’m personally offended when women’s behavior is criticized/explained/excused based on their weight, looks, who they are married to or not having a man in their bed, their man’s perceived sexual orientation and most offensive is when jealousy is brought to the conversation. Sometimes women act badly because they are assholes... Men would never have that conversation with each other. 

• Love 11

Oh, Abby. Once the public is shown all the evidence this already unpopular pres will fall. The Nixon impeachment hearings were so similar and people’s opinions changed quickly. It happened before, it will happen again. 

BiOPic. Oh lord. 🙄

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 4
  • Love 19
11 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Abby is so clueless when it comes to politics, I swear.

"If it's so bad, then why aren't we impeaching him right now?

Did she miss Nancy Pelosi's announcement yesterday?

Thank God Abby is pretty.

1 minute ago, Bronzedog said:

Abby seems to think an impeachment is the equivalent of an eviction where men show up one day and throw the furniture out on the front lawn.

If only

• LOL 15
  • Love 8

Whoopi, just because you identify as Hispanic/Latino (a) does not mean you are not white. 

Ricardo Moltanban was a first generation Mexican, parents were immigrants from Spain. There was nothing unwhite about him. 

Edited by hisbunkie
More information is always best.
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Oh, Abby. Once the public is shown all the evidence this already unpopular pres will fall. The Nixon impeachment hearings were so similar and people’s opinions will change quickly. It happened before. 

Not to mention, Nixon was a popular president who won his re-election by a landslide. 

2 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

Whoopi, just because you identify as Hispanic/Latino (a) does not mean you are not white. 

To be fair, alot of people don't get that Latino is an ethnicity, so you can be  Latino and not be of color.  

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

So Mark Kelly really just said "Elections are important, they really are"? Wow!

Considering only slightly more than half of registered voters went to the polls in 2016 this can’t be said often enough. 

• Love 15

Abby says she doesn't think it (impeachment) does Joe Biden any good either - that right there is a Fox News/right wing false equivalence talking point. 

In the first segment Abby says, "There's a long way between, like a probe and an inquiry and impeachment"; in the second segment she says,"If it is unconstitutional, why aren't we voting on it now?"  That's Meghan-level nonsensical.

I think Meghan actually rehearsed the Mark Kelly intro; it's the first time she's sounded comfortable reading from the teleprompter.  In fact, she seemed relaxed for the entire segment.

• Love 13

Does Abby think we’re going to have a national election to vote on the impeachment?  I’m glad Meghan was respectful to Mark Kelly.  I really expected her to turn the whole thing into a clusterf***.  Whoopie- I’m understanding less of what you’re trying  to say everyday.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • LOL 5
  • Love 10