Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 9/23/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

15 hours ago, deannanikki said:

There are times when I try to like Abby. However, with her rant about climate change, she keeps bringing me back to that "white moderate" type that MLK talked about in the Letter From Birmingham Jail. Yes, it's about race, but the bolded text refers to how she a lot of the time approaches a complex issue:

"First, I must confess that over the last few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season."

Abby is a product of her culture and former religion, which is very insulated and homogenic.  She is a sweet summer child, which in Game of Thrones lingo, is equivalent to the southern condescending comment - bless your heart.

Edited by RedheadZombie
Left out the "southern".
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 16
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Wasn't it SO cute that The Whoopster starting whistling during the threesome conversation.  Of course SHE had a threesome, but no details, because that's how she rolls.  B.S.

Be thankful for small mercies!!

• LOL 19
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Abby is a product of her culture and former religion, which is very insulated and homogenic.  She is a sweet summer child, which in Game of Thrones lingo, is equivalent to the southern condescending comment - bless your heart.

She reminds me of the Christian Barbie who once said that people should protest without making people uncomfortable, missing the entire point of protesting your grievances. It just illustrates how sheltered and privileged they are..

• LOL 4
  • Love 17
48 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

I don't think its BS at all. I loved it..lol

Respect for a person doesn't just go away, why else are we having Hispanic month etc.?

Oh no, not what i meant @Sarah Heart.  You are totally correct.  What i meant was respect for the elder Sen McCain not for the offspring MM.  My theory is she (we) are going to hear the condolences until any said guests, politicos, etc etc will have to stop at the altar of Sen McCain for their visit.  Give the appropriate blessing and life will go on.  The only suck is that we will also have to hear it prob for the rest of all eternity LOL...LOL.       

• Love 9

Maybe this is why Meghan doesn't like Ana.

Viewers saw McCain become flustered and storm off after Navarro took aim at her during a heated exchange saying: 'I'm two feet away I don't need you to scream at me this way.'

As cameras panned out to cut to commercial break, McCain was seen walking off stage while the rest of the panel stayed at the table.

Sources tell DailyMailTV she 'stormed backstage and blew up.'

Could be a fun time this Friday!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7494651/Meghan-McCain-begged-ABC-not-hire-host-Ana-Navarro.html

Edited by OnTime
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
18 hours ago, leftlane said:

Don't do this. It's some fat shaming nonsense. Her weight has nothing to do with her demeanor on the show. I know it's a huge shocker, but a woman can be plus sized and happy with their weight.

3 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

I’m so glad you said this, Leftlane. I don’t want to shame other writers but I’m personally offended when women’s behavior is criticized/explained/excused based on their weight, looks,

Just to be clear:  My intention was never to fat-shame MM.  If so, then I'd be pointing the finger at myself too.   My point is that perhaps Meghan herself feels that way and perhaps that contributes to her behavior.  Just speculation, which is sometimes part of the process when we post here.

It's extremely difficult to lose a lot of weight and if one doesn't have the will-power, then it's a giant quagmire.  Obviously I have no idea what really goes on in her head and she could be as content as she says she is.  Either way, I needed to clarify my point and also defend myself, as (mentioned in my post) I'm no skinny minny myself and - unlike MM - I am most definitely not happy about it yet lack the will-power it takes to change.   Probably projection on my part, didn't mean to offend anyone, and that's about it.   And because I'm not a total bitch ----Meghan's hair and makeup were very pretty today, and - at least the parts I watched - she wasn't her usual sour self today.   She was even nice to Mark Kelly.

• Love 13
13 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Maybe this is why Meghan doesn't like Ana.

Viewers saw McCain become flustered and storm off after Navarro took aim at her during a heated exchange saying: 'I'm two feet away I don't need you to scream at me this way.'

As cameras panned out to cut to commercial break, McCain was seen walking off stage while the rest of the panel stayed at the table.

Sources tell DailyMailTV she 'stormed backstage and blew up.'

Could be a fun time this Friday!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7494651/Meghan-McCain-begged-ABC-not-hire-host-Ana-Navarro.html

The stuff about Meghan getting Sherri Shepherd banned from the show is interesting, too. I thought Sherri's comments were more than fair and were meant to be constructive. If they made Meghan that mad ... yikes. I'm increasingly sure that Meghan has never before received criticism from someone she actually cares about (Internet trolls don't count). If she had, I can't imagine she'd be this thin-skinned.

• Love 16
19 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

The stuff about Meghan getting Sherri Shepherd banned from the show is interesting, too. I thought Sherri's comments were more than fair and were meant to be constructive. If they made Meghan that mad ... yikes. I'm increasingly sure that Meghan has never before received criticism from someone she actually cares about (Internet trolls don't count). If she had, I can't imagine she'd be this thin-skinned.

Who the hell is Megan to get Sherri banned from the show? She was picked by Barbara Walters to be on there. Sherri got on my nerves but she was never a vile bitch like Megan.  Sherri was more ignorant than hateful like Nutmeg.  I hate her even more if she indeed got her banned.. The thin-skinned vindictive bitch needs to be fired, yesterday.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 21
15 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Who the hell is Megan to get Sherri banned from the show? She was picked by Barbara Walters to be on there. Sherri got on my nerves but she was never a vile bitch like Megan.  Sherri was more ignorant than hateful like Nutmeg.  I hate her even more if she indeed got her banned..

Can someone explain to me why ABC and the View producers keeps kowtowing to Meghan.  She has grown from a spoiled child/teen brat to an spoiled adult brat.

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

His segment went very well

I forgot to change my PVR, and when I tuned in they were talking threesomes.

Joy was wrong, Sunny said she'd be too jealous( absolute shocker) Whoopi said a lot, by saying nothing,  which made me LOL. I'm definitely in the Whoopi camp.

That's all I saw.:-)

Wasn’t Kelly’s segment before the threesome discussion? 

How was Joy wrong about the threesome discussions? She made a joke. 

Whoopi playing coy told us ( what she wants us to believe) that she’s had threesomes , it was two males, and you get confused if you’ve tended to that parter or the next. I think she’s too lazy to have a threesome. 

Do i understand  correctly you can carry/ bring your own guns in battle/ military ?  How about grenades?  Doesn’t sound right to me.  

Sounds like MeeAgain thinks she’s a force to be reckoned  with, but most viewers no matter their dislike for Sherri will not take kindly to miss Arizona being nasty to her on screen. Megan really does need to pull herself together and do some serious work on her attitude.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
7 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Can someone explain to me why ABC and the View producers keeps kowtowing to Meghan.  She has grown from a spoiled child/teen brat to an spoiled adult brat.

I totally agree.  I understand they like the "fireworks" part of this and seem to think the public does as well.  However, if I want to watch women screaming at each, talking over each other, being snotty and childish I have my pick from a lot of different shows on Bravok starting MM's fave, "Real housewives of ....".  I want to watch The View to see a group of women discussing things and providing different POV's without the histrionics.  And quite frankly, MM's the only one providing histrionics and it's getting really old for us (as well as for the panel, it now seems).

• Love 20
1 minute ago, bannana said:

She did explain that it was a lot of hard work tending to two dudes at the same time. 😵

Well, in her defense, it must be somewhat of a logistical nightmare to try and juggle two dudes at the same time all the while trying not to drop her joint.  EGOT only has two hands. 

• LOL 18
  • Love 3

I was pleasantly surprised by Meghan's gracious "interview" with AZ Senate candidate (D), Mark Kelly.  NOW I get it...

From the Daily Mail article posted by OnTime (nice to meetcha, OnTime!)

In a statement to DailyMailTV, an ABC spokesperson said: 'The co-hosts have a big and invaluable role on the show, but they don't decide who we cast or who we book.'

And then I read this in my local newspaper, The Arizona Republic, today, "Meghan McCain invited Kelly on the show after his February campaign launch, his spokesman, Jacob Peters, said.  Mark said Meghan chatted around the launch of his campaign and she graciously invited him to come on the show." 

Hmmmm....

Edited by HaaCHOO
deleted an unrelated comment
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

One thing ( besides Meghan ) that kind of bothered me today was how they kept showing the footage of Gabbie being rushed to the ambulance. I'm sure that's just what her husband wants to see. I know it's not what I want to see.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Of course SHE had a threesome, but no details, because that's how she rolls. 

...and because she's so HOT-HOT-HOT and desired by everyone as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end....  

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, bannana said:

When talking to Mark Kelly, Abby stated that AOC called her "meh".  I think she even repeated it.  He looked stunned as if he had no idea what she was talking about.

Well it's not a very articulate thing to say and not everyone has "meh" in their vocabulary. 

The first time I heard someone say they were "meh" about something, I thought they were saying "mad", and it was very confusing. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

Mark Kelly's career as an astronaut is very interesting, but I don't think they mentioned that his twin brother was also an astronaut.  Their twinness was valuable in the study of affects of space travel.  That's even MORE interesting to me.  

• Love 23
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

My theory is that ABC loves the sparks, the press and the ratings. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Jesus Abby annoys me more and more each day. She says impeachment will divide the country even further. OK then what is her suggestion?  Democrats do nothing?

Sing kumbaya?

51 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

Did I hear Meghan say “byahpic” instead of biopic (as Whoopi’s did after her)?  Really?  

Indeed she did. I hear that frequently.  It’s bio (as in biographical) pic (as in motion picture), people!

Speaking of Sherry, did you all think of her when Mark Kelly emphasized that the Earth is round?

• LOL 8
  • Love 11
53 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Well it's not a very articulate thing to say and not everyone has "meh" in their vocabulary. 

The first time I heard someone say they were "meh" about something, I thought they were saying "mad", and it was very confusing. 

It was so random when she said it and he may not even have been aware of what she was referring to.

• Love 6

Did anyone else notice how softly, slowly and carefully Mark Kelly spoke, like  a teacher speaking to a class of dense, easily startled children? I love how he emphasized the roundness of the earth (looking at YOU, flat-earthers!) and the importance of science.

Meghan didn't challenge him on anything, not even when he brought up climate change. She was all starry eyes and soft-voiced, Arizona puppy love. 

Abby, you are the very definition of "meh". 

• LOL 8
  • Love 14
18 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Indeed she did. I hear that frequently.  It’s bio (as in biographical) pic (as in motion picture), people!

She was corrected by Joy I think and later, she interrupted whoever was talking to correct herself after they must have said it in her ear.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, Haleth said:
1 hour ago, Rainyhawk said:

Did I hear Meghan say “byahpic” instead of biopic (as Whoopi’s did after her)?  Really?  

We should create the best definition for Bi-Opic.   I'll provide one:  the way bisexuals are portrayed in a movie.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Ah, so this all makes total sense.  And so instead of getting Ana, we get Abby, the emotional support animal human Mother with the shiny, shiny coat. 

As a human Mother...just a little addition from SNL!

Edited by OnTime
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Yes - it does NOT rhyme with "myopic!" 

But since myopic means nearsighted, maybe bi-opic can be double vision.

Edited by tinkerbell
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Ah, so this all makes total sense.  And so instead of getting Ana, we get Abby, the emotional support animal human with the shiny, shiny coat. 

There are Golden Retrievers with more insight than Abby. Abby doesn't understand that impeachment is a process, not a referendum or instant condemnation. She seems honored to win the More Congenial Than Meghan Award, so more power to her, I guess. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
28 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

She seems honored to win the More Congenial Than Meghan Award, so more power to her, I guess. 

She probably is honored to win that award, but, unfortunately, she has to share it with every single person, insect and mammal in the United States that's not Meghan.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Haleth said:

Jesus Abby annoys me more and more each day. She says impeachment will divide the country even further. OK then what is her suggestion?  Democrats do nothing?

she is a republican - what do you expect her to say??????

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

I don't know if Abby is a R. Her father was an ambassador for Obama and Trump.

But she is certainly kumbaya which imo is whatever.

For grade school projects I chose different woods (my dad was a manager of a lumber company). My SAHM bought the Spice Islands cookbook and rack). I did another project on the Spice Islands.

But beautiful (with shiny hair) Abby has no idea of civics or processes in government.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Well we know what we've tried so far has not worked. We should flip it and treat her with sickeningly saccharine sweetness.  To the point of sarcasm though.  She'll see the Stepford wives aspect of it, but will think someone's plotting against her.  It would slay her to deduce who/what/where

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I wonder if Whoopi will be off this Thursday just like last week? I'd love to get two days of Ana this week.

You know, something is up with that.  Last week and again this week my dvr didnt set to record the show.  When i looked at the description it was the generic blurb oh what the show was.  No guests. But said 'new'.  So by all counts it should have recorded. And now Thursday it does it again.  Hmm....donning Sherlock's hat....something is very suspicious here...coincidence? Hmmm....i bet Ana will be there Friday.  Unless she's changed her day with Whoopi to Thursday for the side hustle

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

This just occurred too me - the Acting Director of National Intelligence is testifying publicly before the House Intelligence Committee at 9 a.m. EDT tomorrow (Thursday).  I wonder if ABC will be covering it, thus preempting the show, if it runs that long.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Haleth said:

Sing kumbaya?

Speaking of Sherry, did you all think of her when Mark Kelly emphasized that the Earth is round?

I sure did.  Sherry should feel honored that he even knows who she is.  He's got so much more going on..like space and stuff.  I did miss the why she wAs banned.  Didnt she try to give MM some advice?and MM blew up?   Im not sure if thats why.  I have a theory about Sherry.   Dont artists have a code about always commit to the bit. No matter what, good or bad, finish it through.  Be it singer/actor/comedian.  I think she started the shitshow with a joke that promptly bombed but she committed to the bit. I bet her epithet will read She always knew it was round.  LOL.  Abby /LadyoftheShinyHair.....=Annoying!  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 9/24/2019 at 10:25 AM, hisbunkie said:

MM needs to leave this gig, take some time off and recalculate what makes her happy and what gives her joy. 

Its too stressful for me to watch her unhappiness.  It’s time to put a stop to this, I don’t want to be a part of her coming apart. 

Agreed! Witnessing the way she behaves on the show everyday seriously makes me question how happy her home life is. 

• Love 15