Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

Jesus thank you. If you don’t like Gina’s look or think she over dances, I may not agree but I can understand that.... this whole myth that Gina is this massive bitch is just not true. 

Team Gina!

I’m happy for some extra pop and sparkle at point and Gina can bring it better than anyone else on the squad RN 💥

• Love 11
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

I've never been a fan of Christina and thought she was a poor choice to have been brought into Training Camp at ANY time.  I was actually surprised that she made the team her rookie year not only because of her average dancing, but her lack of (or just average) flexibility, and her apparent entitlement complex (the "I deserve this because I've auditioned 5 or 6 times and made it to Training Camp twice" words and behaviors) among other things.  I still think that, if Kelli had waited until after Canton to make the last two cuts, Brennan would have made the team and Christina would have been cut instead. 

Yeah, there was no way on Earth she would have made the Mavs if she barely made the DCC and is, at best, an average dancer.

Yep, I think so, though I don't know if she actually did think/believe that or if I was delusional.  Could be either/or/both.

I don't think it's a dwindling talent pool as there have been some amazing, talented dancers show up, I think it's Kelli not picking the right girls.  She's letting emotions and outside pressures choose at least some of the girls.  If dance talent was the top requirement (or among the top three), then Victoria and Christina wouldn't have made Training Camp and Christina wouldn't have made (or stayed on) the squad. Both would (and should) have been cut in Semis.

I'd love to ask that question, but I'd get beat down and then not only thrown out of the office, but off the grounds or have the police called because Kelli does not seem like the type of person who likes to hear others' opinions or take advice from anyone if she doesn't ask for it unless it's her boss or the person actually signing her paycheck.

I think she tried out 5 or 6 times, made Training Camp once before and was up for being cut due to injury and her severe lack of flexibility (which has barely improved, the flexibility part at least).  I can't remember if she self-eliminated or was cut.

See, I always thought that she was using a pulled hamstring as to why she couldnt kick or do the splits well so they released her. I never really thought she was actually injured.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Lmr29 said:

5mkfhs.png

can someone please tell me what happened to Jenna Jackson ? Did she get pregnant ?

Not sure why this is in the training camp thread since Jenna retired but to me, she looks healthy and fine.  Maybe a few more pounds than her DCC weight but not fat or pregnant looking by any measure.  At least not to me. 🤷‍♀️

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Not sure why this is in the training camp thread since Jenna retired but to me, she looks healthy and fine.  Maybe a few more pounds than her DCC weight but not fat or pregnant looking by any measure.  At least not to me. 🤷‍♀️

😑

1 hour ago, Shady580 said:

See, I always thought that she was using a pulled hamstring as to why she couldnt kick or do the splits well so they released her. I never really thought she was actually injured.

It could have been as I'd forgotten about her excuses for everything that year (some would say she's still doing that).

Random thoughts and a question.....

I think perhaps 1% of folks here personally know any of the gals (I don't know any myself), but those who do have reported that Christina (full disclosure: my personal favorite DCC) and Gina are well liked by their peers and are very personable and kind ladies. I hope the show this year spends a bit of time letting us really get to know the rookie candidates and not spend eons on any one person.

I hope they show the "etiquette lunch" again this year. I always find it so entertaining to see the gals' reactions to some of the items on the menu.

Question...has anyone ever been cut from training camp after being selected as a team leader or second leader? (Aside from the Erica situation)?

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Agent Gully said:

Question...has anyone ever been cut from training camp after being selected as a team leader or second leader? (Aside from the Erica situation)?

Someone pls PM me and remind me what the "Erica situation" is? Sorry...I can't remember.  And I'm probably gonna feel silly when I hear it lol.  Again pls PM me so we don't clog the thread with this topic.  Thanks in advance!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I think she tried out 5 or 6 times, made Training Camp once before and was up for being cut due to injury and her severe lack of flexibility (which has barely improved, the flexibility part at least).  I can't remember if she self-eliminated or was cut.

3 hours ago, Shady580 said:

2 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

It could have been as I'd forgotten about her excuses for everything that year (some would say she's still doing that).

I remember her cut scene quite well, since it was the Year of the Poem, and I think @Shady580 has the rights of it.  Christina and Vivian had both been avoiding going full out in kick line and jump splits rehearsals, and blaming injury for it.  My thoughts when I saw those scenes were that by recusing themselves as the result of injury (true or not), they were also avoiding being judged against other girls with better form and flexibility, and were hoping to hold out as long as they could.  

However, I am not an insider and I have always been a bit cold about Christina (for the same reasons @EricaShadows has mentioned), so that could be why I'm reading it that way.  I also remember a poster here who had mentioned Christina being rude to her child at DCC camp, so that reinforced my opinion.  She does suffer from hearing loss, so perhaps she wasn't being deliberately rude (at least I hope she wasn't), but opinions about her attitude have been very mixed so I'm less inclined to charity in my thoughts.  Would be happy to think differently about her (Kelli did say she was one of the "sweet ones" during her cut scene), but as of now I have the impression of a girl who is rude and entitled.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, go4luca said:

Aw the joys of being a dancer.  Especially if you bruise easily.  Not fun, but par for the course if floor work is involved.

I stopped taking dance classes daily nearly 10 years ago and my body is still a mess. I never get my feet out because of years of shoving them in pointe shoes!

7 hours ago, Lunacat said:

I’m not taking a curated 180 seconds for entertainment to push a story line as gospel that she’s a mean girl, after ~24 months. 

I never said she’s a mean girl though. That’s why I don’t understand why people don’t believe she could still be thinking she’s the best (as she herself said) AND be a good teammate. She doesn’t have to be mean to the rest of the team or avoid them. And again, I never said she’s a mean girl.

Happy official summer everyone!  I wish mine would heat up with some leaked insider info.....

In the meantime, I'll repeat that I'm Team Gina for point.  

To help achieve that goal here's a tip I read on a listicle from "Pop Sugar" (so it must be true) re: this summer's hot hair trends:

High Society Blond

"Last Summer everyone was doing a silver-platinum," said Valles. "Now people are going more to a '90s blond with sandy roots. It can be a platinum, but not silver. Think of it as more of a high society blond."

Yes, Marshall and Kelli, let's think more of a high society blond for Gina.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I stopped taking dance classes daily nearly 10 years ago and my body is still a mess. I never get my feet out because of years of shoving them in pointe shoes!

What pointe shoes do to the feet is the worst!  Why I keep my last pair hanging off my bedroom mirror on display is beyond me, lol!

• Love 3

Where did the "Christina thought she should've been the rookie of the year" rumor come from? I don't remember seeing it before, thought that doesn't mean it wasn't out there. Regardless, I always take these sorts of rumors with a grain of salt. Was she telling people this, and to such an extent that it made its way to the board? And if it made it all the way to the board, are we supposed to believe that it didn't make it to Kelli, who based on past behavior, would have probably flipped out about it? Given that the awards banquet is shortly before auditions, that would have been an easy cut for Kelli.

IDK, I don't really buy that. I do remember that when Jenn A. got pro bowl, Danielle and Jasmine had some posts up on social media that appeared to throw shade at the situation (I don't remember if it was ever established whether it was about the pro bowl or not), but I don't remember anything like that about Christina (again, not saying it didn't happen but I don't remember that rumor). 

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Where did the "Christina thought she should've been the rookie of the year" rumor come from? I don't remember seeing it before, thought that doesn't mean it wasn't out there. Regardless, I always take these sorts of rumors with a grain of salt. Was she telling people this, and to such an extent that it made its way to the board? And if it made it all the way to the board, are we supposed to believe that it didn't make it to Kelli, who based on past behavior, would have probably flipped out about it? Given that the awards banquet is shortly before auditions, that would have been an easy cut for Kelli.

IDK, I don't really buy that. I do remember that when Jenn A. got pro bowl, Danielle and Jasmine had some posts up on social media that appeared to throw shade at the situation (I don't remember if it was ever established whether it was about the pro bowl or not), but I don't remember anything like that about Christina (again, not saying it didn't happen but I don't remember that rumor). 

That was probably my fault that the rumor started.  As far as I know, Christina didn't say anything, but my perception of the situation at the time (and still is to some degree) was that Christina felt entitled to be on the squad, and to be ROTY, because of how many times out and being in Training Camp twice among other things (including her behavior and attitude before, during and after Training Camp and that season).  There was some other things involved that I probably said at the time I initially posted it (around the time of ROTY that year), but I can't remember them at this time of the morning on a Saturday.

Edited by EricaShadows

Okay where is our insider information?? Shouldn’t last night have been a cut night? I guess I’m just spoiled because the last 2 summers it was drama city at DCC training camp and I was living for these boards everyday! The tea was crazy good during the Holly/Jenna/Erica and Victoria fiascos. Yawn I’m bored 🙄

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, UT2004gal said:

Okay where is our insider information?? Shouldn’t last night have been a cut night? I guess I’m just spoiled because the last 2 summers it was drama city at DCC training camp and I was living for these boards everyday! The tea was crazy good during the Holly/Jenna/Erica and Victoria fiascos. Yawn I’m bored 🙄

They didn’t have practice last night !! Was a day off for everyone !! Amy posted Thursday how the girls decorated her locker a day early bc they didn’t have practice on her birthday which was yesterday 

• Useful 1

I really don't think Christina or anyone expects to be a group leader. If they do they shouldn't because who knows how they make their decisions on that. I really wouldn't have put Miranda as a second but I'm not mad about it. 

• Love 1
On 6/19/2019 at 8:07 AM, UnicornKicksBack said:

Time to summon @ShellyB. Are group placements based on skill ie best dancers in group one then trickles down to weakest dancers in group four? Or are they distributed based on look?

Also group leaders based on seniority or skill? Like group 1 leader is usually who has been there longer or who is best?

Groups...height, hair color, look, skills are varied. If the groups were placed by skill, that would leave the work lopsided among the leaders, as well as the groups. 

Leaders are usually by seniority, but there have been exceptions, when a girl has had more experience being a leader. 

• Love 15
1 minute ago, sleepyjean said:

@ShellyB can you help us confirm this rumor or finally kill it for good - is the Group 1 Leader considered to be the team captain?

Not necessarily...depending on the season, Judy has the leaders as her eyes and ears, per se, on the ground. But, there always seems to be one that she is more in tune with, that conveys messages, etc. 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

Not necessarily...depending on the season, Judy has the leaders as her eyes and ears, per se, on the ground. But, there always seems to be one that she is more in tune with, that conveys messages, etc. 

Very interesting. Thank you for the insight. It doesn't sound like it's an official thing, just more of a "go-to" girl that emerges naturally.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, UT2004gal said:

I know, right?  The boards were my way of keeping my interest alive.  Now I am bored and getting hooked on other shows!  They are really making a mistake by going on lock down.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

That was probably my fault that the rumor started.  As far as I know, Christina didn't say anything, but my perception of the situation at the time (and still is to some degree) was that Christina felt entitled to be on the squad, and to be ROTY, because of how many times out and being in Training Camp twice among other things (including her behavior and attitude before, during and after Training Camp and that season).  There was some other things involved that I probably said at the time I initially posted it (around the time of ROTY that year), but I can't remember them at this time of the morning on a Saturday.

Well, she did get a Barbie for her “persistence” so I think she’s satisfied. While I also have a strong reaction to entitlement, I do feel like hers was a normal reaction to giving your all to something like that. After auditioning for at least 5 times and making tc for a 2nd time, you do believe that Kelli has seen something in you & you’re going to make it. I always thought it was cruel how Kelli would string along many girls who weren’t strong enough and she knew it.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Shady580 said:

Add to this that Judy was very pointed in telling Christina that her kick technique was all wrong. So I agree that it was more than her possible injury that got her released. It would be easier to say you were injured to cover that you don’t know how to do kickline properly. 

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

Add to this that Judy was very pointed in telling Christina that her kick technique was all wrong. So I agree that it was more than her possible injury that got her released. It would be easier to say you were injured to cover that you don’t know how to do kickline properly. 

Didn't she try and talk her way out of getting cut?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Ok, gotcha. I completely get the perception that Christina is entitled, and I’ve thought that as well, but I think that’s very different that stating that she thought she should’ve been ROTY, if it’s not based on her actually expressing that thought - verbally or otherwise. The show wasn’t filming then, so short of someone coming on here and saying that she was acting sullen or expressing this, (which I honestly don’t remember that occurring), how would anyone know?

Anyway, I was just curious if there was any factual basis behind the rumor before it becomes gospel that Christina thought she should’ve been ROTY.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DALLAS8 said:

So based off numbers....there are only like 9 spots open for the rookies right?

These last three rookie groups have been pretty sizable so it makes sense there is always a small group that will cycle through. 

My 9 just based off a first:

1. Kat - Like her look

2. Amanda - Like her look

3. Kristin - Loved her last season so hopefully she wakes up.

4. Lily - I bet she makes it in

5. Bret - They always bring in girls like her as in her looks.

6. Kelcey - Fresh face

7. Alexandra - Come back that hopefully makes it

8. Shaina 

9. *Hides* Im pretty sure they will bring Victoria in.

One on your list has already been cut. They cut 2 this week.

13 minutes ago, dccfan321 said:

WOW, my ears perked up & now I’m nervous as all hell...who could it be?!?!

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, BBK2 said:

WOW, my ears perked up & now I’m nervous as all hell...who could it be?!?!

Im going to guess Kristin. I like her, but I’m thinking she is going to get cut again.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Jennv said:

Im going to guess Kristin. I like her, but I’m thinking she is going to get cut again.

NOOOOOO!!! She’s from my home state (505 represent), but that was my feeling too (hence, the nervousness). I’m not gonna say ‘gut feelings’, because the last time I went with that, it turned out to be a stomachache...her kicks were awesome during auditions tho. If it is her, I’m gonna... I’ll think of something to do!!!

Please TPTB...don’t let it be Kristen 

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, Jennv said:

No, it’s not Kristin. She’s gotten great praise this go round.

• Love 15
(edited)
2 hours ago, heckkitty said:

Not Ashley & Gina; 2 other ones? Can you say who?

Ashley H and Gina C have been cut but who are the other 2? 

2 hours ago, dccfan321 said:

Who are they? I know Ashley H and Gina C were cut but who are the two additional from this week. 

Edited by Cruisegirl
2 hours ago, dccfan321 said:

This is a spoiler thread, so please post who's been cut. We're seriously lacking any intel this TC and I am dying to know!

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Pebbles116 said:

This is a spoiler thread, so please post who's been cut. We're seriously lacking any intel this TC and I am dying to know!

Starting to think they don’t know who was cut or was told they were told not to tell 

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Lunacat said:

I’m not taking a curated 180 seconds for entertainment to push a story line as gospel that she’s a mean girl, after ~24 months. 

We have had first person accounts of meeting Christina that were not positive remarks. 

On 6/21/2019 at 7:43 PM, go4luca said:

Aw the joys of being a dancer.  Especially if you bruise easily.  Not fun, but par for the course if floor work is involved.

That looks painful! 

22 hours ago, LaurenlovesTV said:

can someone please tell me what happened to Jenna Jackson ? Did she get pregnant ?

No. She's never been pregnant, at least, that we know of. 

20 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

Random thoughts and a question.....

I think perhaps 1% of folks here personally know any of the gals (I don't know any myself), but those who do have reported that Christina (full disclosure: my personal favorite DCC) and Gina are well liked by their peers and are very personable and kind ladies. I hope the show this year spends a bit of time letting us really get to know the rookie candidates and not spend eons on any one person.

I hope they show the "etiquette lunch" again this year. I always find it so entertaining to see the gals' reactions to some of the items on the menu.

Actually, we've had mixed first person accounts of Christina. It's Gina who most people say is really genuine in real life.

12 hours ago, PattiD4DCC said:

Happy official summer everyone!  I wish mine would heat up with some leaked insider info.....

In the meantime, I'll repeat that I'm Team Gina for point.  

To help achieve that goal here's a tip I read on a listicle from "Pop Sugar" (so it must be true) re: this summer's hot hair trends:

High Society Blond

"Last Summer everyone was doing a silver-platinum," said Valles. "Now people are going more to a '90s blond with sandy roots. It can be a platinum, but not silver. Think of it as more of a high society blond."

Yes, Marshall and Kelli, let's think more of a high society blond for Gina.

Unfortunately, Marshall has joined the dark side this year. Whatever logic he had has been replaced with a mutant Kelli. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, PunchPowerPop said:

I'm feeling VK hair-pulling type of way about no spoilers from TC right now....

Alright, but if you feel yourself about to cry, for goodness sake - PUT ON THE WATERPROOF MASCARA!!!!!!!!!!!

• LOL 9