Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

36 minutes ago, KatieC said:

Is Alexis wearing that same dress that seems to show up everywhere? 

Adding: I’m starting to wonder if it’s part of the DCC uniform? 😂

0A8A6021-B759-4A45-822F-67831DA78134.png

I spotted this earlier. I wouldn't mind if it was a gorgeous dress, I'd share clothes with my friends if we were the same size/style but it's awful! That pink bow thing on the front makes it awful.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Loves2Dance said:

barbie.thumb.JPG.fc12eb9acc217a3db9e8e983028025e2.JPG

I think VK looks really pretty here, and I love her pink dress.

I know that some are blown out of the water with her Barbie, but really, of course she's getting a Barbie. She's getting a Barbie, she's going to be a DCC and she's going to be on show group. That's just how it goes in this organization. They'll edit better, she'll keep the weight off as long as she can, and she'll probably be ROTY and eventually go to pro bowl at LEAST once. What can you do LOL?

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Of course!

giphy.gif

Oh that looks good...I'll send some as well 😉 

4 minutes ago, cgloss said:

So proud of Ashlee. She went from being in danger of being cut last year to getting a Barbie. She seems to have a bold, no apologies personality (check her outfit!) and I think it reflects in her dancing. Look forward to seeing what she can do this year.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if she and Briana both make show group this year 🙂

• Love 9
12 hours ago, loveanddcc said:

I actually think Haley is gorgeous. She has some obvious sun damage on her face, but it’s nothing that laser skin resurfacing couldn’t fix. But even with that she’s still a pretty girl

I actually prefer haleys - at least she is natural and doesn't have: 

lip fillers, veneers, false eye lashes, tattooed eye brows , etc etc .

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, loveanddcc said:

These are different angles and therefor not medically comparable. My nose looks different various angles too bc the top of my nasal bone widens as you move down my face. From a front angle, my nose looks straight. From certain side angles, it looks crooked like Heather’s. There’s also the fact that you aren’t allowed to workout for 4-6 weeks after a nose job. Did Heather disappear for at least 4 weeks and we missed it? She also would not be allowed to do strenuous workouts right away either. So unless she’s been missing from dance classes well over a 1-1.5 months, I’m highly doubtful she had rhinoplasty.

While I don’t think Heather had a nose job, I wouldn’t necessarily expect us to notice if she took a break from working out. Several of the DCCs have had work done (obvious boob jobs), and then they just show up w/out there being any prior noticeable absence. For example, I don’t remember anyone pointing out that Christina had disappeared but she definitely had work done recently. Now the recovery for a boob job may be much different than a nose job, so it may not be apples to apples (I’m not all well-versed in plastic surgery). 

Edited by Jess14
Typo; clarify
  • Love 2
(edited)

I’ve had both. Breast augment I was back driving my standard car within two weeks (even though shifting hurt a little). I think I recall wearing a sports bra and an ace bandage for four weeks. Nose job I was fine after about two weeks as well. Honestly the worst part of the nose job was having the stitches removed. 

ETA: Judging by past observations, there seems to be a sweet spot between end of the regular season and beginning of auditions to have work done.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

No, the other legacy is Madeline Salter. 

Pls remind me again who her Mom is? Thx.

Also I haven't seen this so forgive me if I've missed something but here's ALL the Barbie winners in one pic. 

Edited by DCCFanInKy
Added something.
1 hour ago, loveanddcc said:

These are different angles and therefor not medically comparable. My nose looks different various angles too bc the top of my nasal bone widens as you move down my face. From a front angle, my nose looks straight. From certain side angles, it looks crooked like Heather’s. There’s also the fact that you aren’t allowed to workout for 4-6 weeks after a nose job. Did Heather disappear for at least 4 weeks and we missed it? She also would not be allowed to do strenuous workouts right away either. So unless she’s been missing from dance classes well over a 1-1.5 months, I’m highly doubtful she had rhinoplasty.

Just watch season 11 and look at Heather and watch season 13 and look at Heather.

The same applies to Lacey. Look at her rookie year MTT and her last. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

I spotted this earlier. I wouldn't mind if it was a gorgeous dress, I'd share clothes with my friends if we were the same size/style but it's awful! That pink bow thing on the front makes it awful.

And it looks like Heather borrowed Brennan's turtleneck dress from her birthday party. E'ryone swapping outfits!!

1 minute ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Thanks. 🙂  Do I spy Judy T in the front row or am I seeing things? I didn't take time to read the roster.

Kelli Finglass and I raise you a Tina Kalina!

• LOL 2

Not sure where to post a new comment.

Just saying Heather’s literally a girl next door or young mom next door . With or without the possible “work”. Very blender.  Nothing about her typically stands out. Except that brown undertones and dark layers of her hairstyle. 

Question?

If they ask back a TCC does that pretty much mean they want them and can see them on the team? We all know VK is on. But fingers crossed for Kristen. With all the blondes not too sure if Lily is a shoe in, or is she? They wouldn’t ask them  back if they really weren’t contending , right?

• Love 1
(edited)

Okay just looking a pictures ... my guess for tip of the triangle is Heather. I know Gina has got some moves but for someone reason I am thinking Heather ... Think about it who would have thought Kashara would get tip.... also I know most will laugh but I'm thinking Amy is a consideration ... she was a leader last year, she teaches and seem like someone that would lead no problem .... Okay finish laughing LOL !!!!  

Edited by lah715
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, RockYou said:

Question?

If they ask back a TCC does that pretty much mean they want them and can see them on the team? We all know VK is on. But fingers crossed for Kristen. With all the blondes not too sure if Lily is a shoe in, or is she? They wouldn’t ask them  back if they really weren’t contending , right?

Not necessarily. There have been contenders invited to training camp for a second time (or third) who don't make it. Brennan being the most recent example. Brennan stans, how many times did she go to TC without making the squad? Three?  

• Love 1
(edited)
2 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

At this point, I don't care who is point as long as it's not Maddie.

I second that ... I'm off my Gina tirade. VK is back and I'm blinded by outrage, once again.

1 minute ago, veronicamers said:

Not necessarily. There have been contenders invited to training camp for a second time (or third) who don't make it. Brennan being the most recent example. Brennan stans, how many times did she go to TC without making the squad? Three?  

Love it!

Edited by BringItOn
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, RockYou said:

With all the blondes not too sure if Lily is a shoe in, or is she?

One of the gals who didn't make it to TC made a comment about how you shouldn't take it personally - could be your hair color that kept you out.  It's a dance team, not a hair color commercial.  So sick of KJC looking at that instead of how someone dances.  And if it's a problem, they have Marshall to take of it.

9 minutes ago, lah715 said:

but I'm thinking Amy is a consideration

#teamamy!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, veronicamers said:

There have been contenders invited to training camp for a second time (or third) who don't make it. 

Meagan F being the most vocal about it.  However, I can see where K&J might have hoped that being on the DSIG would have helped her.

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I’ve had both. Breast augment I was back driving my standard car within two weeks (even though shifting hurt a little). I think I recall wearing a sports bra and an ace bandage for four weeks. Nose job I was fine after about two weeks as well. Honestly the worst part of the nose job was having the stitches removed. 

ETA: Judging by past observations, there seems to be a sweet spot between end of the regular season and beginning of auditions to have work done.

Same! Ace bandaged for 2 weeks then lots of sports bras. I was in the military when I got mine done (a thousand years ago). Although my augmentation wasn’t performed by the military, it was becoming more common for female soldiers to get it done by military surgeons - believe it or not - so they put us on a standard “PT profile,” meaning they just limited our physical training regime for a short period of time. Recovery dictated no push ups for about a month, but I was running very soon after and literally jumping out of airplanes 60 days later. They are pretty resilient. 

Looks like Christina went off the IG grid in February (except for a repost from last years swimsuit shoot) and came back in April-ish. Plenty of recovery time.

I kinda like how they are all borrowing each others’ outfits. I can’t imagine any of these girls are earning the type of income they need to keep buying outfits for all the functions they have to attend. (Unless they get a 20% DCC discount at Belk.)

That. Baby. Is. Adorable. 

From what I observed from the social media clips: Ashlee, Briana, and Bridget have been my favorites. Those girls killed it. AND outperformed several of the vets. 

Were there any clips of Erin’s solo that anyone could find?

• Love 7
1 minute ago, KnyghtRyder said:

I kinda like how they are all borrowing each others’ outfits. I can’t imagine any of these girls are earning the type of income they need to keep buying outfits for all the functions they have to attend. (Unless they get a 20% DCC discount at Belk.)

I wonder if they still get free clothes or discounts from local vendors/designers etc.  That would help a lot.  I remember one gal posting years ago that they all got gift certificates from a local boutique.  Clothes for the girls and free advertising for the merchant/designer.

3 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Were there any clips of Erin’s solo that anyone could find?

Didn't see any.  I wish the girls would post more on regular IG than on their stories.  A few posted a clip of their solo, but of course now they are gone.

17 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

It's fascinating to me, all the small opportunities and tiny ways they find to reinforce rank and status in this group.

That’s a really interesting observation.

15 hours ago, Squeek said:

One of the years the Trevino sisters were on the team with Brooke and I can't remember who else they briefly showed the Vets residence.  I remember the vets having trouble learning a new routine and practicing in the pool.  I always wondered how that went over.

I always thought that scene was staged for the show.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

There are no names for 1984 but that presumably is TK in the middle of the last row; I looked at the years before and after and her name is not listed.  Was she only on the squad one year?  

Tina Miller, Kelli's best friend, married a man named Kalina.

And now she's Kalina, Tina Kalina!

8 hours ago, ByTor said:

And if Briana doesn't get a Barbie, I'm going to go to Kelli's house and Rickroll her 😈

giphy.gif

Off topic - there’s a video of a now brown haired Rick singing Never Gonna Give You Up with a choir. He is so adorable in the video...it’s on YouTube. 

• LOL 1
(edited)
17 minutes ago, PBSLover said:
14 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

Tina Miller, Kelli's best friend, married a man named Kalina.

And now she's Kalina, Tina Kalina!

Edited by ClosetDCCFan
Answered my own question
19 hours ago, Squeek said:

First meeting everyone, vets, rookies.

all.jpg

vets2.jpg

rookies2.jpg

I wonder if the vets made a conscious decision to all wear nude shoes. Most of them are wearing them, and some are even wearing the exact same shoe.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I don't remember which thread it was on or who asked the question, but someone asked about the Kilgore Rangerettes acknowledging their pro dancers, specifically ones who made it into Finals.  This is one of their social media sites.  They've posted about Lauren Ligon making TC and now they will be focusing on Rangerettes who went on to make pro teams.  First one is DSIG Abby (who made it to semi-finals this year).

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

While I don’t think Heather had a nose job, I wouldn’t necessarily expect us to notice if she took a break from working out. Several of the DCCs have had work done (obvious boob jobs), and then they just show up w/out there being any prior noticeable absence. For example, I don’t remember anyone pointing out that Christina had disappeared but she definitely had work done recently. Now the recovery for a boob job may be much different than a nose job, so it may not be apples to apples (I’m not all well-versed in plastic surgery). 

In general, you do not have to stop working out after a breast job. There may be some restrictions depending on the case, but it usually has to do with weight training — not cardio (dance classes) or kicks. You also don’t bruise for 2-3 weeks after a boob job, like you do with rhinoplasty. In fact, there’s a surgeon here in Dallas who advertises 24 hour recovery from implants. He even gets girls to documents their breast job recovery on IG. Like you’ll see them come in to the office in the morning, get their breasts done, spend an hour or two in the recovery room, and then be dressed up, having dinner and clubbing that night. They are NOT the same procedure people. Definitely apples to oranges here. 

Edited by loveanddcc
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, cgloss said:

So proud of Ashlee. She went from being in danger of being cut last year to getting a Barbie. She seems to have a bold, no apologies personality (check her outfit!) and I think it reflects in her dancing. Look forward to seeing what she can do this year.

Absolutely love Ashlee's costume!!!

• Love 11
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

One of the gals who didn't make it to TC made a comment about how you shouldn't take it personally - could be your hair color that kept you out.  It's a dance team, not a hair color commercial.  So sick of KJC looking at that instead of how someone dances.  And if it's a problem, they have Marshall to take of it.

I'm convinced that Kelli & co. somehow believe their bouquet of hair colors equates with diversity on the squad.

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, DBAAT said:

Absolutely love Ashlee's costume!!!

I adore Ashlee. I was moved by her story last year (what little we heard about her), and she was so adamant about making the team due to her talent, not due to any special considerations. Hard worker, sheer talent, and class act all the way.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Pau84 said:

Just watch season 11 and look at Heather and watch season 13 and look at Heather.

The same applies to Lacey. Look at her rookie year MTT and her last. 

I honestly did not recognize Lacey in her last couple years. And I've wondered about Miranda also. Her rookie year to her second year, again I did not recognize her. But hey, it's their body and they have to live with a body part, so whatever floats your boat. Or in Christina's case, just get some pointy floats. Her rookie year when they did action shots Kelli commented "she has no figure (or curves or something along that line)" I dislike Christina and think she stands out in a terrible way though. (but then again, I find Victoria cute and bubbly, where I thought Dayton had no personality and whines when she talks...I'll duck now to avoid the shoes being thrown my way) 

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, SanDiegoGal said:

I adore Ashlee. I was moved by her story last year (what little we heard about her), and she was so adamant about making the team due to her talent, not due to any special considerations. Hard worker, sheer talent, and class act all the way.

What was her story? I found last year's group so overwhelmingly blah that I don't remember their names let alone their stories. I know there is one that reminds me of Megan C, same look and I thought she was amazing. Beyond that, I couldn't name any of them. That's the first year I felt this way. I'm watching old seasons on Amazon now (come on CMT, put them all up again so I can watch 1 and 2!) and I can name all of them. PLUS they weren't that scrawny, bony sickly look that they are going for now. 

1 hour ago, Law Mom said:

Because that's how her name is spelled?

Lol what even was that comment? I’m a Kelli too, just how my mom named me! Although people default to Kelly or even Kellie which is odd.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, cgloss said:

I wonder if the vets made a conscious decision to all wear nude shoes. Most of them are wearing them, and some are even wearing the exact same shoe.

Nude shoes with an almond or pointed toe elongates your legs.  If I have to wear a skirt, I wear the hell out of nude heels.  

4 hours ago, loveanddcc said:

Maybe it's fillers, maybe it's Maybelline.  Whatever it is she looks beautiful (honestly I doubt she got a nose job - but if she did I want the name of her surgeon).  

• Love 3
5 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

I am *really* bummed about Gabi. I think she is beautiful no matter what. Also bummed that Lauren retired and Taylor T was not invited back for a second chance.

It KILLS me that these young ladies think the DCC is THE end all/be all. I would love to see one of them tell K&J, "I am leaving to join the Peace Corps." 

Ha!  If that is anyone, it would be Kristen. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, nrskim said:

Or in Christina's case, just get some pointy floats. Her rookie year when they did action shots Kelli commented "she has no figure (or curves or something along that line)" 

I’ve wondered that too if that scene bothered Christina and that’s partly why she got the implants. I hope she got them for herself not because of being called flat chested by Kelli. 

Edited by Spunkyyy
  • Love 4

Media day was apparently today?? Isn't it early? I thought that happened after the squad was picked. It does look like they are filming a new opening and it looks like Lexie and Alexis are front and center in their groups.

• Love 6

I think they are filming screen promos for the stadium but it looks like Alexis and Lexie are the points / center dancers for these!   

• Love 6