Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, Squeek said:

Gabby finally addressed her cut:
gabbyluise
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding” Proverbs 3:5

My plan for life looked a little bit different than what the Lord has planned for me; and though it’s hard to understand at times, I trust that He always knows what’s best. I want to say THANK YOU to the Dallas Cowboys and DCC organization for giving me this past year to live out one of my wildest dreams. It turns out, chasing this crazy dream, lead me to 35 of the most talented, smart, and hard working women I so gladly get to call my forever sisters. Thank you guys for always pushing me to be the best version of myself every single day, and supporting me through it all. I’ve never met a group of women who are just as excited (if not more excited) about each other’s success and accomplishments as they are about their own. To the next 36 women that get to wear the boots, don’t forget to soak it all in because it goes by in a blink of an eye. I cannot wait watch y’all SHINE next season! All my love and cheers to everyone who has continuously showed me love and support. I left my heart on that field, but I can’t wait to see where He takes me next on this journey. 💙

gbby.jpg

I completely missed this post earlier. Classy! 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

If he could just brush my hair I’d feel like a new person. 

Hilarious!!

4 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I completely missed this post earlier. Classy! 

I agree, and I still don't understand the weight warning thing. Are there pics of her where weight shows? I briefly skimmed pics of her throughout the season and I couldn't see anything of concern, but then I'm not invested in their weight so they all look great to me, relatively speaking. I think she's just absolutely drop-dead gorgeous.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, MavisL said:

Hilarious!!

I agree, and I still don't understand the weight warning thing. Are there pics of her where weight shows? I briefly skimmed pics of her throughout the season and I couldn't see anything of concern, but then I'm not invested in their weight so they all look great to me, relatively speaking. I think she's just absolutely drop-dead gorgeous.

Yeah, she’s stunning and a strong dancer. I’ll be curious to see if the story about her missing her interview is true or  just speculation. I really hope that she wasn’t cut for weight or for being snarky like a poster mentioned (though i have no problem believing that she may have been cut for either reason). 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kumquat said:

Diversity - This is what finally made me register so I could post.  Some of the comments here have been absurd, people are taking things to such extremes it's actually gotten comical at some points.  There are a lot of reasons the squad make up has changed, the biggest one being the WHOLE field of applicants has changed and shrunk so bad.  When this started (I've watched this show since it was just a two hour special and followed them before there was a show!) there really were over 1000 applicants coming in for prelims, this year, less than 150.  Look at the candidates too, there's not nearly as diverse of a pool coming in to choose from.  I know early on the DCC had recruiters who went out to get girls for tryouts but I think they rely very heavily on the show now to bring in girls, which is a mistake because it's actually discouraged a lot of girls.  Short of going out and specifically recruiting WOC, which wouldn't be right either, or taking less qualified dancers to increase diversity, I don't see why all this blame is being put on K&J or the DCC organization.  They're working with what they have and doing a good job with it in my opinion.  It feels like we've went so far down the equal rights path with quotas and stuff that now it's almost reverse discrimination.  Yes, I know this is going to be an unpopular opinion but it's my opinion.  Take a good hard look at the squad photos from the past, many, many years there's only 1 or 2 WOC, yeah there were years where there were more and good for them but does that then make a certain number a requirement?  No.  The show has been good and bad for diversity.  Like one lady said she looked up to the WOC on the show and that was good but it's also raised the bar of talent and cut down the number of girls trying out.  Less of every color and ethnicity trying out.  Texas has always had a thing for blondes and probably always will and they've by far made up the majority of the squads over the years.  That doesn't mean there's discrimination going on or a purposeful lack of diversity.  No one outright just said it but it's been implied in several posts, which I think is a shame.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/cheerleaders/squad-photos

And before you say "Well they took (insert name here) and she's a weak, white dancer, they could have taken (whoever) who is a weak WOC dancer! Why didn't they take the WOC?"  

Unless you are a judge and at auditions you've got no idea why they took who they took and there is probably a VERY legitimate reason that is NOT based on their ethnicity!  It's only your opinion who the weaker candidate it from tiny snippets of things we see on the web.  You're not privy to everything they did or their interview or they're resume or anything else.  With very few exceptions everything here is a guess at what happened or what's going on and based on the opinions of the little that's seen.

And since it's been brought up, yes, I'm a male, and no, I'm not a racist, I'm a MOC.

This post is everything 

• Love 8

Marshall is my absolute favorite and the fact he fosters, keeps it lowkey and honestly keeps his business private just makes me respect him more.  I mean, if he ever wants a 39 year old daughter I volunteer!! 

Bottom line for me this season - if you take any girl onto the team let it be because she earned it.  Not due to favoritism or any other reason. Don't shove any one girl down our throats to "sell" them.  

Back to Gabby - I really hope that they cover why she was really cut. Facebook is running wild with the "missed the interview" theory. Goes to show how one small thing can blow up.  She seemed like a total doll and her exit post was so classy. 

• Love 16
14 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Totally forgot - wonder who will get a Barbie for their solo?

VK for sure!!

5 hours ago, Kayce said:

I like Victoria...but I started following her at least two years prior to her trying out for DCC last season.  I've sent her a few messages and she's always responded.  She has been humble and kind in all of her responses, so I do not have the animosity that so many seem to have built up.  I think she is a beautiful young lady, who is boisterous and high energy...she is a beautiful dancer, and I am rooting for her to make it. 

This isn’t snarky and I absolutely understand liking her due to the way she responded. But apart from her kindness which none of us can actually verify so i really don’t care about her personality, do you honestly think she’s a good dancer? Because to me even in her favorite style she dances heavy with no control so i really don’t understand how others think she’s amazing. It’s kinda fascinating to be honest.

3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I think Keyra was cut for being late twice, snotty attitude which pissed off TPTB and other girls and were part of the mean girl team. Auto Amy could not pick up the dances and seem a little too desperate to make the team. I think she would have been an one and done girl if she did make the squad. If Victoria did learn a lesson about last year and steps up to the plate I will gladly say I am fine with her being on the team. I guess we will see what happens and how TPTB respond to her being in TC this year.

I’m sorry but I don’t care if she learned her lesson or not. Any other girl acting the way she did would have been humiliated on the show (while her scene was pretty much cut) and never allowed to re audition again. And she made tc the very next year? She better start dancing at Mia/Nicole/Whitney levels to somewhat redeem herself. But she already got a spot she didn’t deserve so I can’t see how she would redeem herself.

45 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I'll let someone else get you the other comments as it will take a few screen grabs to get it all.  But here's Khalyn's comment you requested.

Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 1.21.18 PM.png

I can’t believe Khalyn actually commented that... Looks like someone won’t be invited to the reunion!

I love me some Marshall but calm down dude, there’s no way you personally can attest to each of these girls’ “personality growth”. And you’re only a judge in name and because Kelli needs your services for free so don’t think your opinion matters more than ours 🙂

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Txmomof2 said:

Marshall is my absolute favorite and the fact he fosters, keeps it lowkey and honestly keeps his business private just makes me respect him more.  I mean, if he ever wants a 39 year old daughter I volunteer!! 

Back to Gabby - I really hope that they cover why she was really cut. Facebook is running wild with the "missed the interview" theory. Goes to show how one small thing can blow up.  She seemed like a total doll and her exit post was so classy. 

Re:  Marshall - Right there with you.  I volunteer as tribute daughter #2!

Re: Gabby comments on FB - Because that page is so insane,  I rarely visit but did see the rampant rumors last night.  The DCC FB page has lost its freaking mind over Gabby.  It's truly sad.  I feel for her.

• Love 6

whew Chile...y’all have been in here having a field day.

anyway, Gabby’s post was sweet and she’s such a sweet heart.

Last I’ll say about diversity is once again, there needs to be some investigating as to why so many WOC aren’t trying out or making the team as of late. nobody said anything about them having to take WOC just to take them regardless of how they dancing, so don’t imply that. that’s enough of that, so let’s just enjoy the VK show. 🙂

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
Just now, MavisL said:

I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but when is the first night of TC? Is it tonight?

Tonight’s first meeting towmrow should be the first night of dancing 

• Love 1
Just now, Holly85 said:

Tonight’s first meeting towmrow should be the first night of dancing 

Oh ok thank you! I always love to see what they wear to the first meeting.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, go4luca said:

Classy and well stated exit.  Wishing you all the best Gabby and keep that bright smile of yours.  It's beautiful!

Gabby is GORGEOUS in the photo with her exit post. Accusations of her being on weight waning or soft? Not according to that photo!

Thanks to those who corrected me about her ethnicity. She is of Filipino descent, not Latina. I should be more conscientious and respectful before posting the wrong ethnicity of a person, especially when I'm ranting about the lack of diversity on DCC.

Still saddened and devastated that she was cut. She is stunning, a strong dancer, and a class act. So, I'll say it again... Until I learn that she did something truly heinous, then I 100% disagree with cutting her, especially her being the ONLY returning candidate cut!

• Love 17
(edited)
2 hours ago, aimeelou625 said:

Thank you for the correction (don’t know why I thought she had a Hispanic heritage).  Guess I was misinformed.  Still love the confirmation, but they missed out on several ladies!  Maybe those ladies will come back stronger next year or there will maybe be more spots to fill next season.

Lisa is of Hispanic heritage.

Edited by Texas123
5 minutes ago, loveaux said:

Last I’ll say about diversity is once again, there needs to be some investigating as to why so many WOC aren’t trying out or making the team as of late. nobody said anything about them having to take WOC just to take them regardless of how they dancing, so don’t imply that. that’s enough of that, so let’s just enjoy the VK show. 🙂

I agree about the WOC.  I was disappointed to see the only African American TCC is the stunning Charlotte girl.  God forbid a couple of WOC get injured.  An all Caucasian squad would not be representative of Dallas or America.  Who was the gorgeous WOC in yellow (I think)?  Her solo looked amazing and she had the look.  Her interview must've been a disaster.  If I was Kelli, I would groom the girls who have that much potential.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Pau84 said:

If Taylor Pedersen @tay_pedersen makes the team, Rachel Wyatt @rachelyukiwyatt will no longer be the orange one!

Why do they do it? They're both beautiful without any makeup!

Oh she is ORANGE orange 😳 there is no way she walked out of the tanning salon and said “yes, I love the tangerine look I’m going for”

1 minute ago, Weeklydcc said:

I agree about the WOC.  I was disappointed to see the only African American TCC is the stunning Charlotte girl.  God forbid a couple of WOC get injured.  An all Caucasian squad would not be representative of Dallas or America.  Who was the gorgeous WOC in yellow (I think)?  Her solo looked amazing and she had the look.  Her interview must've been a disaster.  If I was Kelli, I would groom the girls who have that much potential.

there are 3 bg! Kat from CLT and Honeybees, Briana, and Ashlee

• Love 2

The ladies must all be excited for the first meeting. Congratulations to all.

Random thought; The ladies better get an extra early head start. Don't be late!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, loveaux said:

Oh she is ORANGE orange 😳 there is no way she walked out of the tanning salon and said “yes, I love the tangerine look I’m going for”

there are 3 bg! Kat from CLT and Honeybees, Briana, and Ashlee

I know.  By TCC I meant rookies.

• Love 2
(edited)
22 hours ago, Katherine1904 said:

Am I the only one that actually thinks VK looks alarmingly underweight? 

No. Maybe she should have a milkshake. 🥤

~~~~

I don’t have that big of a problem w/VK. She’s doing what she was raised to do. I have more of a problem w/Kelli’s obvious hypocrisy about who makes the team and why. I’ve sat through 12 seasons of her warning people about their weight and/or behavior. And IMO she threw her reputation away for DCC:Making The Team 13: Featuring VK (oh and a few other TCCs also).  So did Kitty Carter. 

But of course I’ll watch season 14 and hope for the best. 

Edited by Tdoc72
  • Love 11
30 minutes ago, ThatSlaps said:

This post is everything 

30 minutes ago, ThatSlaps said:

This post is everything 

We are definitely SPECULATING as to what factors have led to a lack of diversity of the team, and I haven’t seen any comments implying otherwise. The only assumptions I’ve seen stated as fact have to do with VK being promised a spot on the team — which honestly I haven’t ever seen proof of that. But anyways, just bc the team has always been half blonde doesn’t mean it should stay that way. My personal comments are based on seeing half these girls dance in person and the out of state applicants on Instagram. Also from talking to many of them and knowing their work and dance backgrounds. I don’t know what happened at auditions, so that leaves me to only speculate based on what I do know and see, and I stand by my observations. There’s also the fact that cheerleaders are meant to represent a community unlike any other job out there, which is why I think it’s valid and appropriate to say the TPTB take a good hard look at what has led to a team that has had so few WOC, when half of Dallas is non-white.

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

VK for sure!!

This isn’t snarky and I absolutely understand liking her due to the way she responded. But apart from her kindness which none of us can actually verify so i really don’t care about her personality, do you honestly think she’s a good dancer? Because to me even in her favorite style she dances heavy with no control so i really don’t understand how others think she’s amazing. It’s kinda fascinating to be honest.

I’m sorry but I don’t care if she learned her lesson or not. Any other girl acting the way she did would have been humiliated on the show (while her scene was pretty much cut) and never allowed to re audition again. And she made tc the very next year? She better start dancing at Mia/Nicole/Whitney levels to somewhat redeem herself. But she already got a spot she didn’t deserve so I can’t see how she would redeem herself.

I can’t believe Khalyn actually commented that... Looks like someone won’t be invited to the reunion!

I love me some Marshall but calm down dude, there’s no way you personally can attest to each of these girls’ “personality growth”. And you’re only a judge in name and because Kelli needs your services for free so don’t think your opinion matters more than ours 🙂

I have met VK on several occasions and can verify that she is kind. She also has this quality about her when she dances that draws you in. It’s like black magic. I didn’t notice any of her mistakes or areas to improve on until I watched her dance on video playback. I also think that’s part of the reason she does so well at auditions. She does, clearly, receive favoritism but she also is just one of those people whose energy just draws you in. You know those girls that walk into the room and everyone’s eyes go to them? And it’s not necessarily bc they’re the most beautiful girl in the room, it’s in their energy. VK has that. But you wouldn’t know it over video, you have to meet her in person. And btw, I formed this opinion before I even knew who she was, not her name, or that she’s a legacy, or any of that.

• Love 10
On 6/1/2019 at 12:10 AM, bigskygirl said:

I admit I was not pro organ donation before we found out he was seriously ill. It hit me hard when I was not able to donate a kidney for him, and it broke my heart when I realize someone will die in order for him to get one. I am curious about how they ask the question and why they ask in the first place. If a person can be a donor and wants to do it, I say great, but no one should be force into doing it.

I'm so happy that he was able to find a match. I am very pro take what you need, but because I'm post Leukemic & Lymphomic I can't give anything. I can't even give blood. So this becomes very awkward for me to answer---it's not that I don't want to give, I'm not allowed to. And since everyone thinks they know everything, that begins a 5 minute explanation of, "No I understand cancer patients can after 5 years, but I had Leukemia---which is cancer of the blood, so I'm off for life." 

My husband also contracted a parasite during a tour in Iraq so he is also disqualified for life. Our kids are screwed if they ever need anything. 

15 minutes ago, loveanddcc said:

We are definitely SPECULATING as to what factors have led to a lack of diversity of the team, and I haven’t seen any comments implying otherwise. 

Beyond that, suggesting that the number of woc who showed up was low without having the numbers or suggesting that the ones who there must have been subpar (resulting in the lack of tccs) is also........speculation. I don’t have any issue with someone suggesting that if it’s what they believe but again, it’s all speculation. 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, loveanddcc said:

I have met VK on several occasions and can verify that she is kind.

Totally respect your opinion as you have met her and I haven't.  But just wondering.....

Several have said she is kind, so what happened in that office with Jinelle?  If she was frustrated at the weight gain, feeling pressure, etc was it just misdirected anger?  But I think that whole office scene really didn't help her in the eyes of a lot of viewers, and I wonder what her friends and family thought when they saw it.  And I'm sorry, but she came off as a spoiled, ungrateful brat.

• Love 13
On 6/1/2019 at 3:48 PM, CaseyLee0911 said:

Oh! I had no idea. I figured they were well off but I also remember Tina mentioning VK won some scholarship for a dance school....I always found that a little odd. They seem like the type that would pour everything into her dance even if they didn’t necessarily have it. Thanks for the info! 

Scholarships for dance are handed out at nearly every competition they go to. Some are for classes, summer programs, intensives...etc. Her earning one has no foundation on their wealth. 

On 6/1/2019 at 3:49 PM, go4luca said:

I have no idea but it wouldn't surprise me.  Many well-off dancers do, ie:  Maddie Ziegler.

They're fairly common even among the low-key dance schools in my area. A decent set up doesn't cost that much. 

• Useful 1
27 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I'm so happy that he was able to find a match. I am very pro take what you need, but because I'm post Leukemic & Lymphomic I can't give anything. I can't even give blood. So this becomes very awkward for me to answer---it's not that I don't want to give, I'm not allowed to. And since everyone thinks they know everything, that begins a 5 minute explanation of, "No I understand cancer patients can after 5 years, but I had Leukemia---which is cancer of the blood, so I'm off for life." 

My husband also contracted a parasite during a tour in Iraq so he is also disqualified for life. Our kids are screwed if they ever need anything. 

Any divisive question/topic should be answered with a middle of the road "politician" answer. I don't mind that they ask the girls these types of questions, but it should be done AFTER media training to see if they learned the correct way to answer, not the initial interview. Why have media training if you expect them to know everything going in?

• Love 8
(edited)

I am so tired of the VK, diversity and Gabby talk.  How about something new?

Barbies!  I keep seeing people saying Maddie will get another Barbie, really? For the same routine and outfit again this year?  I wish we had access to more of the solos because I'd love to see who is going above and beyond.

Whose solo did you want to see?

Of the solos we did see, any Barbie nominees?

Edited by Squeek
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, loveaux said:

The only reason I would watch and give CMT my money is if VK was a guaranteed CUT! 

• LOL 3
3 minutes ago, Squeek said:

Barbies!  I keep seeing people saying Maddie will get another Barbie, really? For the same routine and outfit again this year?  I wish we had access to more of the solos because I'd love to see who is going above and beyond.

Thank you for this 

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

They're fairly common even among the low-key dance schools in my area. A decent set up doesn't cost that much. 

I agree in most cases, ie: the garage type dance space set up.  What I was referring to are the full on floating wood dance floor in a dedicated room in the house with floor to ceiling mirrors covering an entire wall with permanent dance bars in place. 

I've seen both and one is definitely more expensive than the other.

21 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Totally respect your opinion as you have met her and I haven't.  But just wondering.....

Several have said she is kind, so what happened in that office with Jinelle?  If she was frustrated at the weight gain, feeling pressure, etc was it just misdirected anger?  But I think that whole office scene really didn't help her in the eyes of a lot of viewers, and I wonder what her friends and family thought when they saw it.  And I'm sorry, but she came off as a spoiled, ungrateful brat.

And CMT edited the bad scenes! 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

Haven't seen it, but several seemed to like Madeleine Malloy's solo.

I'm bummed about this, I really wanted to see Malloy's solo and Jalyn's as well as Ashlee's.

• Love 8
(edited)
3 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Just saw a brief clip, but I liked the tiny bit we saw of Amber.   

And for rookie candidates, Lisa Mills. 

Edited by Chevers
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, loveanddcc said:

I have met VK on several occasions and can verify that she is kind. She also has this quality about her when she dances that draws you in. It’s like black magic. I didn’t notice any of her mistakes or areas to improve on until I watched her dance on video playback. I also think that’s part of the reason she does so well at auditions. She does, clearly, receive favoritism but she also is just one of those people whose energy just draws you in. You know those girls that walk into the room and everyone’s eyes go to them? And it’s not necessarily bc they’re the most beautiful girl in the room, it’s in their energy. VK has that. But you wouldn’t know it over video, you have to meet her in person. And btw, I formed this opinion before I even knew who she was, not her name, or that she’s a legacy, or any of that.

To bad the show with all it's plot armour portrays VK as an annoying, attention seeking, DCC wannabe. Her personality/persona, body, and dance ability  does not translate well on media.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Pebbles116 said:

I'm bummed about this, I really wanted to see Malloy's solo and Jalyn's as well as Ashlee's.

And Molly's since they never show her, the rest of Christina's cause I did like the little bit I saw, but I guess when I think about it - a 30 second snippet of each of them would be preferable.

Oh, and I want to add Amber to my Barbie list.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Squeek said:

If Bridget doesn’t get a Barbie I will riot 

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
12 minutes ago, Squeek said:

I am still waiting to see Jalyn’s solo, love her. Curious which of last year’s rookies will get a Barbie.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Pebbles116 said:

I'd also like to see Caroline's.  She has gorgeous feet.

• Love 4

Still love Gabby and I'm sad she was cut. I commented on the FB pic of the TCCs saying we don't know if she was late. There's no proof of it. The girl that was late posted about it on Insta.

Since so many people were saying she was the one late. Damn rumors. The girl that said someone was late to interview shouldn't have said anything. It's all her fault ha JK JK!

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Chevers said:

Just saw a brief clip, but I liked the tiny bit we saw of Amber.   

And for rookie candidates, Lisa Mills. 

Amber flies under the radar, but she was one of the stronger rookies last year, IMO.

• Love 13

I am curious as too many of the second year girls.  I think so many of them are very talented.  Also for show group.   I could see Caroline, Erin, Ashlee and some others making it.   I think the second year girls as a whole are more interesting than the third year vets.  Sorry if that's unpopular. 😞

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, ThatSlaps said:

If Bridget doesn’t get a Barbie I will riot 

Now that's one white girl I can stand behind. She makes all the unhappy go away. A true performer. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, RileyJDR said:

I am still waiting to see Jalyn’s solo, love her. Curious which of last year’s rookies will get a Barbie.

Ditto your comment about Jalyn. She's been one of my favorite rookies all year, and I want to see her solo. I'd also like to see Ashlee's solo & Daphne's solo (hoping Daphne looks healthier). From the solos that we did get to see, Bridget impressed me the most.

• Love 5