Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, loveaux said:

Oh she is ORANGE orange 😳 there is no way she walked out of the tanning salon and said “yes, I love the tangerine look I’m going for”

I swear, when I first looked at this pic, I was scanning starting @ the bottom row & kind of thinking “well, maybe that ones a little orange, or that one, but it’s not that bad” then I got to the top row & was all:

https://images.app.goo.gl/XknW1P4dfznVXDvF8

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

Oh she is ORANGE orange 😳 there is no way she walked out of the tanning salon and said “yes, I love the tangerine look I’m going for”

Maybe they told her to get the Tangerine look as in going to Marshall's salon, and she got confused🤷‍♀️

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, JayDKay said:

Maybe now that Kash and Lacey are gone, we will see the rest of the team featured a little more through the show and social media 

And I think that that is for the best, and I count myself as a big Kashara AND Lacey fan. It will be interesting to see who the organization/sm coalesces around next. Could be anyone really, though I suspect they may choose Rachel W. (for obvious reasons, and for better or for worse).

Happy to see the fandom support for Brennan and Bridget. Don't know how long they plan to stick around, but if they can at least make it to 4 years they could surpass Kashara's support and maybe even Lacey's eventually. Who knows.... :)

• Love 4
1 hour ago, SanDiegoGal said:

Gabby is GORGEOUS in the photo with her exit post. Accusations of her being on weight waning or soft? Not according to that photo!

Thanks to those who corrected me about her ethnicity. She is of Filipino descent, not Latina. I should be more conscientious and respectful before posting the wrong ethnicity of a person, especially when I'm ranting about the lack of diversity on DCC.

Still saddened and devastated that she was cut. She is stunning, a strong dancer, and a class act. So, I'll say it again... Until I learn that she did something truly heinous, then I 100% disagree with cutting her, especially her being the ONLY returning candidate cut!

A lot of filipinos come from Spanish descent due to the Spanish settling there once upon a time. Most have Spanish names which is where the confusion comes from. My boyfriend is half Filipino and he looks like he could be a Latino. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
16 hours ago, Lona said:

It will be interesting to see who the organization/sm coalesces around next. Could be anyone really, though I suspect they may choose Rachel W. (for obvious reasons, and for better or for worse).

For photogenic reasons, I hope they feature Caroline more.  This girl was born for the camera. 

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 18
52 minutes ago, RileyJDR said:

I am still waiting to see Jalyn’s solo, love her. Curious which of last year’s rookies will get a Barbie.

IMO, Jalyn, Ashlee and Madeline are the only three that are standouts to me from last year's rookie crop. I've read here that some people are bored with this class, and I can't disagree, I'm sorry to say. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ThatSlaps said:

If Bridget doesn’t get a Barbie I will riot 

Same!

Brianna’s solo on the second slide!

Eeeeek why didn't Kristi tweet THIS solo instead of so many of those lackluster ones?

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, go4luca said:

For photogenic reasons, I hope they feature Caroline more.  That girl was born for the camera. 

You can count me in on that point! And of course I will have to admit to sleeping on the Caroline hype this past year, but I'm glad we have girls that weren't always talked about surprising us and killing it out there.

Also that picture has Gabby in it, and now I'm bummed haha.

• Love 3
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Lona said:

You can count me in on that point! And of course I will have to admit to sleeping on the Caroline hype this past year, but I'm glad we have girls that weren't always talked about surprising us and killing it out there.

I wish I had a clip of it but she first caught my eye early on in TC.  They had them performing a routine and she was working her booty pop something fierce for a rookie.  I thought damn.  If this is you now, can't wait to see where you are by end of training camp!

Edited by go4luca
word missing
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, ByTor said:

But she's just so fat!  Let me say, if I were that fat I might accidentally wear a bikini to work every day.

Yeah let’s put the FAT GIRL who needs cut for her fat in the fitness ads. Makes sense. Insert eyeroll and vomit.

im gonna miss Gabby.

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, ByTor said:

But she's just so fat! 

Exactly. TPTB saw that and got rid of her. Thankfully, this season they'll have people like Victoria to show us what a good weight is.

(Sorry, you activated my sarcasm mode 😂)

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
(edited)
33 minutes ago, go4luca said:

If this is you now, can't wait to see where you are by end of training camp! 

And if this is her by the end of the first season, I can't wait to see her by the end of her second 😉

Edited by Lona
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

They are sitting by tenure, so Amy is point of that triangle:)  The lone 5 year vet.

What are you responding to?  I'm lost, lol.

3 minutes ago, go4luca said:

What are you responding to?  I'm lost, lol.

I think we share a brain cell because I was wondering that and scrolling back lost.

• LOL 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Squeek said:

I think we share a brain cell because I was wondering that and scrolling back lost.

deleted.  mystery solved.

Edited by go4luca
4 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Okay.  I scrolled way up and think @scorpio1031 is responding to loveaux's group shot.

That's my guess and I'm sticking to it.

Sorry - I don't know how to post from Twitter - the first meeting is tonight and they have a pic of Amy's spot

• Love 1

...and this is why I rarely, if ever, visit the FB DCC page.  It's bonkers.  This was posted in their TCC's thread.

1682332045_ScreenShot2019-06-03at5_46_00PM.thumb.png.e611afe100f7baa424a9159866500adf.png

1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

Sorry - I don't know how to post from Twitter - the first meeting is tonight and they have a pic of Amy's spot

Here you go!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Squeek said:

I am so tired of the VK, diversity and Gabby talk.  How about something new?

Barbies!  I keep seeing people saying Maddie will get another Barbie, really? For the same routine and outfit again this year?  I wish we had access to more of the solos because I'd love to see who is going above and beyond.

Whose solo did you want to see?

Of the solos we did see, any Barbie nominees?

I wanted to see jalyn 

• Love 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

In Twitter, click on the time stamp.  In this case, where it says "1h”.  It will open a new window.  Then copy the URL for that window.  It's the link to the direct post.  Hope this helps!

Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 5.50.55 PM.png

Edited by go4luca
typo
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, SanDiegoGal said:

Gabby is GORGEOUS in the photo with her exit post. Accusations of her being on weight waning or soft? Not according to that photo!

Thanks to those who corrected me about her ethnicity. She is of Filipino descent, not Latina. I should be more conscientious and respectful before posting the wrong ethnicity of a person, especially when I'm ranting about the lack of diversity on DCC.

Still saddened and devastated that she was cut. She is stunning, a strong dancer, and a class act. So, I'll say it again... Until I learn that she did something truly heinous, then I 100% disagree with cutting her, especially her being the ONLY returning candidate cut!

To be fair to you, Gabby could still consider herself Hispanic (which often gets confused for Latinx). The Philippines were a Spanish colony. I know multiple Pinoys who consider them Hispanic. 

1 hour ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Still love Gabby and I'm sad she was cut. I commented on the FB pic of the TCCs saying we don't know if she was late. There's no proof of it. The girl that was late posted about it on Insta.

Since so many people were saying she was the one late. Damn rumors. The girl that said someone was late to interview shouldn't have said anything. It's all her fault ha JK JK!

Also to be fair, Raven only talked about the people in her group. It is possible others (i.e. Gabby) were affected by the accident too. I would not be surprised if others were. 

• Love 2
Just now, go4luca said:

In Twitter, click on the time stamp.  In this case, where is says "1H".  It will open a new window.  Then copy the URL for that window.  It's the link to the direct post.  Hope this helps!

Thank you!  

• Love 2
Just now, scorpio1031 said:

Thank you!  

No prob and forgot to add then paste that link in your reply window here.  LMK if ever you have any probs in case I can help trouble shoot.  HTH. 😊

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Jennv said:

Wow Haley got the short end of the DNA stick. Either that or Haley is what Charlotte looked like before having everything done to her face.

nah, dude. That's Jerry Jones face on a lady. Poor thing. 😞 I have nothing against that girl at all. It's just an unfortunate observation.

As far as Victoria, people actually like her? you can't be serious? 😉

Honestly, she reminds me of a very immature teenager...Oh wait...

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, loveaux said:

y'all are killing me with the condiment jokes 🤣

I've been wanting to make a joke about Valley RANCH for three hours but I can't come up with one. Guess I'm just not SEASONED in this stuff.....

• LOL 15
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Kumquat said:

So I've lurked around the boards for a long time but I'd never joined to post until now and I'm about to be a very unpopular person I have a feeling.

VK - Someone said this already but I think she causes such a reaction in people because of how they've been treated in the past.  Her behavior, and K&J's last year was frustrating.  Let's see how she behaves this year and not judge her so harshly on her past.  However can we get someone to do her hair? Please?

Gabby - She proved with her response to being cut she's a class act.  All we do know is she was on weight warning a lot last year.  The interview issue that was posted was one vet retired late, which we know was Lauren, and another candidate was late, we now know that was Raven, leaving just the candidate and one other in that interview session.  All we have is speculation from supposed insiders that she had an interview problem.

Diversity - This is what finally made me register so I could post.  Some of the comments here have been absurd, people are taking things to such extremes it's actually gotten comical at some points.  There are a lot of reasons the squad make up has changed, the biggest one being the WHOLE field of applicants has changed and shrunk so bad.  When this started (I've watched this show since it was just a two hour special and followed them before there was a show!) there really were over 1000 applicants coming in for prelims, this year, less than 150.  Look at the candidates too, there's not nearly as diverse of a pool coming in to choose from.  I know early on the DCC had recruiters who went out to get girls for tryouts but I think they rely very heavily on the show now to bring in girls, which is a mistake because it's actually discouraged a lot of girls.  Short of going out and specifically recruiting WOC, which wouldn't be right either, or taking less qualified dancers to increase diversity, I don't see why all this blame is being put on K&J or the DCC organization.  They're working with what they have and doing a good job with it in my opinion.  It feels like we've went so far down the equal rights path with quotas and stuff that now it's almost reverse discrimination.  Yes, I know this is going to be an unpopular opinion but it's my opinion.  Take a good hard look at the squad photos from the past, many, many years there's only 1 or 2 WOC, yeah there were years where there were more and good for them but does that then make a certain number a requirement?  No.  The show has been good and bad for diversity.  Like one lady said she looked up to the WOC on the show and that was good but it's also raised the bar of talent and cut down the number of girls trying out.  Less of every color and ethnicity trying out.  Texas has always had a thing for blondes and probably always will and they've by far made up the majority of the squads over the years.  That doesn't mean there's discrimination going on or a purposeful lack of diversity.  No one outright just said it but it's been implied in several posts, which I think is a shame.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/cheerleaders/squad-photos

And before you say "Well they took (insert name here) and she's a weak, white dancer, they could have taken (whoever) who is a weak WOC dancer! Why didn't they take the WOC?"  

Unless you are a judge and at auditions you've got no idea why they took who they took and there is probably a VERY legitimate reason that is NOT based on their ethnicity!  It's only your opinion who the weaker candidate it from tiny snippets of things we see on the web.  You're not privy to everything they did or their interview or they're resume or anything else.  With very few exceptions everything here is a guess at what happened or what's going on and based on the opinions of the little that's seen.

And since it's been brought up, yes, I'm a male, and no, I'm not a racist, I'm a MOC.

Welcome to the boards, Jay!

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, aubshart said:

So any guesses on to whether VK will make show group this year? Maybe to make up to her that they cut her last year 

Depending on who makes SG this year, I actually kind of doubt she'll make it. I may be giving them too much credit, but SG is usually standout dancers from what I've seen, and VK really isn't one. I hope they wouldn't embarrass themselves anymore enough to put her on SG but hey, who knows.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, loveaux said:

Depending on who makes SG this year, I actually kind of doubt she'll make it. I may be giving them too much credit, but SG is usually standout dancers from what I've seen, and VK really isn't one. I hope they wouldn't embarrass themselves anymore enough to put her on SG but hey, who knows.

I hope you’re correct. But after last year’s scene where she’s crying about not making it, I’m leaning towards them letting her have it so she can make extra appearances and they can prove to the audience that not only was she ready for the team, now she’s a stand out talent. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Law Mom said:

Was there too much Victoria on the show last season? Arguably. Was there too much Victoria discussion on the boards? Hell yes. Her name gets inserted into every conversation on every topic. “A looks sad.” “She’s probably sad because VK will make the team.” “B looks soft.” “Not as soft as VK.” “C got cut from training camp.” “TK bribed Kelli to make space for VK.” Ugh, it’s like having to scroll through 897 requests for PMs every day. We need a No VK Talk thread like the GoT No Book Talk thread.

I regret that I have but one "like" to give.

7 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Why exactly do they need recruiters for the squad anyway? Is there some perk of them getting a few Prep classes/audition fee paid for or something as enticement to tryout?

The "best of the best" by definition have many other options, including jobs where they get to perform more than once a week for 5 months.

6 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Marshall: "ok Diane, I don't know why you feel personally attacked by the fact I support the maturity, and personal/artistic growth in these girls. But I call it like I see it. If you feel differently, you have a right to you're own opinions, but your remarks are becoming quite petty, and beneath the standards of someone who feels they have a right to judge others. Trust me I know, I'm literally a judge. #takeaseat"

Given his flamboyant personal style, you know Marshall has suffered his fair share of judgemental jackasses. The fact that he responded with such calm, class, and reason makes me like him a lot.

4 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Beyond that, suggesting that the number of woc who showed up was low without having the numbers or suggesting that the ones who there must have been subpar (resulting in the lack of tccs) is also........speculation.

Well, only part of that is speculation. We have photos from the last two years at least, so we do know the numbers for the open call, though not for all three rounds. This year and last there were 155-165 candidates, and approximately 20-25 were "visible" minorities.

4 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

Any divisive question/topic should be answered with a middle of the road "politician" answer. I don't mind that they ask the girls these types of questions, but it should be done AFTER media training to see if they learned the correct way to answer, not the initial interview. Why have media training if you expect them to know everything going in?

Because it helps identify who will need the most time and effort to become media ready. Just like they like girls to come in already looking the part, they also prefer girls who walk in already acting the part. They're less work.  And there are some girls you can probably tell from jump that will never be good at it.

1 hour ago, go4luca said:

It's fascinating to me, all the small opportunities and tiny ways they find to reinforce rank and status in this group.

• Love 5