Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, go4luca said:

Just tried a little test. In which ever order you prefer, for the duration of this clip, watch Gina and glance over to Amy. Then do the same with Bridget to Amy and finally Amber to Amy. It's obvious how much stronger they are at any of the moves. Same for Maddie not being as strong, but it's more noticeable (at least to me) when comparing against Amy.

Is VK in the diagonal with Tess? Who is the blonde behind Heather? Is it Daphne.

I mean the entire right side...our left their right is more powerful than Amy/Maddie. hahah 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Dal8las said:

Is VK in the diagonal with Tess? Who is the blonde behind Heather? Is it Daphne.

I mean the entire right side...our left their right is more powerful than Amy/Maddie. hahah 

The one I circled that’s Gina 

531E7677-6BBF-4B04-8C0F-1F931DB478C1.jpeg

• Love 1
3 hours ago, dccfangirl said:

Did anyone else see this vid and think that Heather looks SO BORED? Her execution of the movements is perfect but her face makes it seem like she's marking it 

Not to be a wet blanket, but thats legit how she has been dancing for 3 years now.....

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, sATL said:

I think it was Meredith who had the interview question - "who do you consider a visionary?" She replied Kelli. I couldn't tell if the panel and/or Kelli was impressed with the answer.

Speaking of other powerful women in NFL Football, tomorrow (sun 8/25) on EPSN, 1 PM EST, a documentary " A lifetime of Sundays" will air  ( link ) .

"offers an unprecedented look at the history of the NFL through the eyes of four iconic female owners: Virginia Halas McCaskey (Chicago Bears), Martha Ford (Detroit Lions), Patricia Rooney (Pittsburgh Steelers) and Norma Hunt (Kansas City Chiefs) "

Granted - Kelli (and Judy & Charlotte) also has her life of Sundays. I do wonder what does the DCC do when the cowboys have an an away game.  Virginia Halas McCaskey is 96 years old - so back to the the discussion of Kelli retiring.....

I could see Charlotte Jones Anderson featured in something like this when she gets older.

6 minutes ago, Dal8las said:

Not to be a wet blanket, but thats legit how she has been dancing for 3 years now.....

It looked like she was counting in her head.  Not the best look.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Sorry - I should have said this question is for the whole class:)

I like them both, Gina makes me laugh with her extra in a good way and Nicole used to snatch wigs with her extra both are fun.

2 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

If you were just able to see the faces, you would never get that Lisa is the one who made the team! 

On another note, was just on Facebook and the DCC (the organization, not a fan group) posted part of TS and the comments were interesting. I'd say that 90% adore Maddie, and 99% have no idea how the shared point works. Many are under the impression that Amy and Maddie will alternate weeks as point.

Facebook sounds terrible 

Edited by Dal8las
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Taralightner said:

I don’t think she’s a bitch- are you saying that her humility was edited out for the past 2 years? And, I’m reading as fast as I can. I’m at page 40- the night TC was announced. And, great to *see you*! 

I'm saying she had a rough edit and I take most of the drama CMT creates with a grain of salt.  Gina came from a highly competitive dance circuit background.  I think she did a self check and made a point to turn it around and work as a team member.  Her fellow teammates seem to think well of her as well.  

She did a lovely thing for Gabby after Gabby was cut and sent her flowers of support.  She didn't have to do that, she had no idea Gabby would share that gesture on her IG story.

YMMV of course.  🙅‍♀️

646676723_gabbyluise_10_6_2019_15_17_46_163copy2.jpg.e4c9c6d60ff2101df38198f6da176c73.jpg

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
15 hours ago, nancy444 said:

I agree about Heather in particular, so I was hoping someone else would point her out besides just me.  She's stunningly beautiful in a way few of the most recent rookie classes just aren't.

Actually, this has been a curious, not to mention disappointing, phenomenon for the last several seasons, imo.  When rewatching the early seasons, especially seasons 3-8 or so, those squads had SO MANY gorgeous girls to choose from, girls who didn't need to overdo the makeup in order to have the physical "Wow factor".

I just don't see as many classically beautiful girls as I used to on the team, and find myself wondering why. Sure, we'd get the occasional Kelcey or Molly or Keyra, but where have all the REAL stunners gone --- girls like Kelci Reich, Brittany Schram,  Jackie Bob, Kaitlin Ilsing, Brooke Sorensen, Tobie Percival, Brittany Evans, or Abigail Klein?  

I'm always stunned, when I read posts like this, by exactly how much beauty seems to be in the eye of the beholder!

I'm with you on The Schraminator, Jackie Bob and Abigail Klein, but BROOKE SORENSON a classic beauty?!  She sticks in my head most because of her neck rolls - she had the MOST unattractive way of holding her head.

And while I think Kelsie, Kaitlin, and Tobie are cute, they may as well have been the same person, as far as I'm concerned.  Nonthreatening Texas blondes, every one.

But clearly, different strokes for different folks, viva la difference!

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, nancy444 said:

BTW...The visible decline of beautiful girls is one reason ANTM lost so many viewers from its heyday in the mid-2000s.  So perhaps it speaks to a wider trend lately, who knows?  It does make me wonder if the rising dominance of social media is a factor.

Off topic, but ANTM lost viewers because the girls were not becoming stars and Tyra would legit baby certain contestants to the point the good models wouldn't even make it overseas sometimes....vent over hahah...I agree though...I don't think they have ugly girls this season, I personally think Amy's rookie class were some of the most unattractive girls. Recently though they came back with some good girls these last three seasons imo.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, An Offt said:

I'm always stunned, when I read posts like this, by exactly how much beauty seems to be in the eye of the beholder!

I'm with you on The Schraminator, Jackie Bob and Abigail Klein, but BROOKE SORENSON a classic beauty?!  She sticks in my head most because of her neck rolls - she had the MOST unattractive way of holding her head.

And while I think Kelsie, Kaitlin, and Tobie are cute, they may as well have been the same person, as far as I'm concerned.  Nonthreatening Texas blondes, every one.

But clearly, different strokes for different folks, viva la difference!

Dead and GoodBye ahaha

tenor.gif

Edited by Dal8las
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

I like Gina now but didn't in her first year of TC. I've said before that I don't think they gave her a bad edit. She said what she said but she could have learned and changed. And just because she appears to be nice to teammates on social media, doesn't mean she really is. Lol. The whole argument that the girls must be nice and well liked because they show it on there doesn't amount to a hill of beans in my world. 

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I like Gina now but didn't in her first year of TC. I've said before that I don't think they gave her a bad edit. She said what she said but she could have learned and changed. And just because she appears to be nice to teammates on social media, doesn't mean she really is. Lol. The whole argument that the girls must be nice and well liked because they show it on there doesn't amount to a hill of beans in my world. 

Can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not basing my opinion on Gina solely on SM posts.  

• Love 9
42 minutes ago, Weeklydcc said:

I could see Charlotte Jones Anderson featured in something like this when she gets older.

It looked like she was counting in her head.  Not the best look.

I feel like I heard once that group leaders sometimes count out loud for their group? Maybe that’s what she was doing? It would kind of make sense the first performance. 

The thing that blows me away about the group 3 videos though is that Jalyn is behind Christina in both of them. WTF? I do like Christina more than many people but there’s really no comparison to me. Seriously, whose puppy did she kill?

• LOL 10
  • Love 7

Just want to point out another Pluto TV plus - NO BUFFERING!!!!  And now I really need to go to sleep.  Not that I will, mind you.

Edited by An Offt
I no spell good.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, An Offt said:

Just want to point out another Pluto TV plus - NO BUFFERING!!!!  And now I really need to go to sleep, not that I will, mind you.

I’ve watched two seasons so far today- lord help us all 🤪

• LOL 6
10 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Are you going to keep watching?  Have you seen the "Cassie" years🤣

Oh of course I’m going to keep watching 😂 it’s only 11:30 here and I have no school for the next month 🤣 I haven’t seen the Cassie years so I’m excited 🥴

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Well a lot of people have commented how girls must be good teammates and well liked because they have the other girls saying how much they love them and encouraging them. Like they can't possibly be mean girls or toxic because of that, and I don't think that means anything. And I'm not trying to argue and what not I'm just stating my opinion and I'm a little tipsy right now so it's taking a minute. Ha. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Dal8las said:

I like them both, Gina makes me laugh with her extra in a good way and Nicole used to snatch wigs with her extra both are fun.

Facebook sounds terrible 

It is good for seeing clearer videos (my old eyes were hurting from some of the less HD versions), but I am not in any of the groups, I much prefer this forum!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I know - between 24/7 MTT and Midsomer Murders...…..the only thing to complete the dream would be the two hour special...sigh

I LUV MIDSOMER MURDERS!!!

What season are you on? I watched the entire series (I know, I have no life) & am patiently waiting for the new season on Netflix...hmmm...I think I’ll have to rewatch some old episodes now...

• Love 2

Was gonna start talking about Friday's episode, but then I started reading the recent posts. I think everyone's comments about Neil McCoy were very eye opening to me. As a guy, my instinctive response was to defend him, just because. But reading people's opinions have made me understand that his comments, behavior toward the women can be demeaning or offensive to other viewers (especially women ones).

I dunno, not trying to express an opinion on Neil McCoy specifically, but y'all have given me something to think about. I really like this forum. Makes me sit down and think and contemplate certain things. Quite shocking, really. Thanks, y'all. Keep your thoughts coming, it's very fun to read them. I guess I'll talk about the episode some other time, if at all. A lot of what I was gonna say has been pretty much said already haha, so maybe its best I'm just a spectator this week. 😉

• Love 22
22 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Well a lot of people have commented how girls must be good teammates and well liked because they have the other girls saying how much they love them and encouraging them. Like they can't possibly be mean girls or toxic because of that, and I don't think that means anything. And I'm not trying to argue and what not I'm just stating my opinion and I'm a little tipsy right now so it's taking a minute. Ha. 

Not trying to argue either.  Just saying my opinions are not dictated by social media.  On that note, I’m exiting the convo.  Enjoy your tipsy though!

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, BBK said:

I LUV MIDSOMER MURDERS!!!

What season are you on? I watched the entire series (I know, I have no life) & am patiently waiting for the new season on Netflix...hmmm...I think I’ll have to rewatch some old episodes now...

I have watched them all.  I got Acorn so I could watch season 20:)  I was still excited to see a 24/7 channel even though it stopped at season 13.  There’s a thread on this forum if you haven’t read it.

• Love 1
On 8/23/2019 at 5:45 PM, dccfan204 said:

Katy’s story is ROUGH. Yikes. K&J are probably cringing

Can someone help me out & fill me in on what happened? I remember seeing this, but was playing catch-up...plus I couldn’t put two & two together...

Thanks a bunch...

10 minutes ago, Lona said:

Was gonna start talking about Friday's episode, but then I started reading the recent posts. I think everyone's comments about Neil McCoy were very eye opening to me. As a guy, my instinctive response was to defend him, just because. But reading people's opinions have made me understand that his comments, behavior toward the women can be demeaning or offensive to other viewers (especially women ones).

I dunno, not trying to express an opinion on Neil McCoy specifically, but y'all have given me something to think about. I really like this forum. Makes me sit down and think and contemplate certain things. Quite shocking, really. Thanks, y'all. Keep your thoughts coming, it's very fun to read them. I guess I'll talk about the episode some other time, if at all. A lot of what I was gonna say has been pretty much said already haha, so maybe its best I'm just a spectator this week. 😉

He doesn’t offend me and I’m a woman.  But I knew of him before the show and I’ve seen him interviewed.  And like I said upthread, they edit what the judges say or don’t say.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I have watched them all.  I got Acorn so I could watch season 20:)  I was still excited to see a 24/7 channel even though it stopped at season 13.  There’s a thread on this forum if you haven’t read it.

Thanks 🙏 

Sorry Mr/Ms Moderators...we’ll now stop talking about another show on this thread...

💙😉

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, BBK said:

Can someone help me out & fill me in on what happened? I remember seeing this, but was playing catch-up...plus I couldn’t put two & two together...

Thanks a bunch...

The lines were crooked, timing was off, but apparently there were technical issues with the music.  Once they fixed that, they did the routine again and it was better.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

He doesn’t offend me and I’m a woman.  But I knew of him before the show and I’ve seen him interviewed.  And like I said upthread, they edit what the judges say or don’t say.

Yeah, that's what I always assumed. Still made me think, though. And like I said, OP was not meant to demean or discredit him in any way. Just some random thoughts before I go to bed haha.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, chrishunt said:

Does anyone know where I could find a list of cut veterans for past seasons, 2008 and on?

Another poster is working on a spreadsheet for that.  I think it might be easier to find her post on another thread. I will tag you 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, dccfangirl said:

Did anyone else see this vid and think that Heather looks SO BORED? Her execution of the movements is perfect but her face makes it seem like she's marking it 

Not really... i know i’m biased because i love her but i think that she is legit strong since Kelli mentioned her on camera after her first season saying that she was really powerful (after spending tc being told to become bolder) and made 2GL so quickly. While I do want more girls like Bridget and Amber on the team, I appreciate girls like Heather mostly because nowadays you can either get a Bridget or a Morgan/Breelan, nothing in between.

5 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I'm good!!  I've been worried about you!  I think the last time we saw you, you and I sorta, kinda got in trouble for suggesting a drinking game for redundant questions😂.  PM me if you have any questions about any of this stuff:)

So, while watching season 1, Kelli tells everyone that basically Nicole is better at being extra, and they all need to be like that.  Is Gina more obvious than Nicole ever was?

Honestly, I think Gina is overdoing it sometimes but the problem is also that few girls can actually step up to match her dancing. For me, if they kept the girls that are up front right now and removed Amy, Maddie and Tess (or at least move Tess to the spot behind point permanently), the front rows would look amazing as is. 

4 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

They were on CMT, but were pulled a few months ago along with the other seasons.  Probably cause this was coming.  Thank goodness!  

She would have a year ago, but apparently she's changed🤷‍♀️

Nevermind that she had a “dcc victoria” account for ages. Maybe it lost the appeal after all this time!

2 hours ago, heckkitty said:

I feel like I heard once that group leaders sometimes count out loud for their group? Maybe that’s what she was doing? It would kind of make sense the first performance. 

The thing that blows me away about the group 3 videos though is that Jalyn is behind Christina in both of them. WTF? I do like Christina more than many people but there’s really no comparison to me. Seriously, whose puppy did she kill?

Yeah I mean it’s not like they’re hiding her in the formation, but a girl like Jalyn being in the back row with rookies is just plain weird. And I don’t get her low scores and loss of SG, she looks just as strong as last year.

1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Well to be fair, the average male fan only cares about how hot these girls are. Unless Kelli is going to try to spin the swimsuit calendar into a wholesome thing suddenly.

• Love 4

3 observations from meet the team and first game:

-Jackie Bob had a qa and said her favorite rookie is VK. Well I guess she really wants the director position. At least even JennK who gets a bad rep tried to give her some legit advice. 

-On JennK, the new choreo they’ve been using is hers and I really like it. It’s dcc for sure, but feels surprisingly fresh.

-Do Sam and Hailey actually work for the dcc, or do they ride the bus with the girls solely because of their mommies? Not that anyone would even think they got their whatever positions on merit but anyway.

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
20 hours ago, nancy444 said:

I agree about Heather in particular, so I was hoping someone else would point her out besides just me.  She's stunningly beautiful in a way few of the most recent rookie classes just aren't.

Actually, this has been a curious, not to mention disappointing, phenomenon for the last several seasons, imo.  When rewatching the early seasons, especially seasons 3-8 or so, those squads had SO MANY gorgeous girls to choose from, girls who didn't need to overdo the makeup in order to have the physical "Wow factor".

I just don't see as many classically beautiful girls as I used to on the team, and find myself wondering why. Sure, we'd get the occasional Kelcey or Molly or Keyra, but where have all the REAL stunners gone --- girls like Kelci Reich, Brittany Schram,  Jackie Bob, Kaitlin Ilsing, Brooke Sorensen, Tobie Percival, Brittany Evans, or Abigail Klein?  

Are top-tier beauties like them even auditioning anymore?  Do they even still exist, or are they skipping the demanding, disciplined life of a dancer in favor of posting selfies on Instagram, hoping to get "discovered" by a modeling agency?

The DCC may still attract good dancers, but nowhere near as many straight-up beauties as they used to.  Only one or two per squad (if we're lucky) instead of dozens.

Girls like Maddie or Bridget are cute, but the DCC are supposed to be gorgeous as well as talented.  It's their brand.  Seriously, if I chose "impressive dancing" as my only entertainment criteria, I'd go watch a Youtube video of the Jabbawokeez. 

That's why I'd rather see Heather as the tip of the triangle over Maddie, Amy, or Gina.  It's strictly aesthetic preference.

Yet we're being told that Verruca (a human caricature drawing if there ever was one) is "the whole package"?   Are the judges wearing blindfolds now or something? 

Next year, why not skip the blindfolds and just have all the girls audition while wearing bags over their heads?  

This is exactly my concern/point and you phrased it.

I must say that we are on the right track with the new rookies and the last year. The question is: which of the current girls can go up toe-to-toe against season 6 or 7 girls? I think these girls can:

1. Amanda Dilks
  2. Kelcey Wetterberg
  3. Kat Puryear
  4. Lexie Sullivan
  5. Savannah Heineken
  6. Rachel Wyatt
  7. Erin Sauerhage
  8. Alanna Tarango
  9. Heather O'Connor
  10. Alexis Peterson
  11. Bridget Jacob (she makes my cut)
  12. Jalyn Stough
  13. Kristin Dodd
  14. Caroline Sundvold
  15. Miranda Tims

I am back-and-forth about Taylor Johnson and Taylor Pedersen.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, viccib said:

sadly though, plutotv is not available in Australia 😞 

I'm so jealous of everyone who gets to watch season 1 and 2. I have most of the other seasons (and have watched them to death) but it would be nice to see them in non-grainy versions. 

• Love 2
On 8/23/2019 at 2:19 PM, go4luca said:

Between Meet the Team and the first home game, this board jumped like 12 pages in a couple days so sorry in advance that this now seems off topic ... but how exactly is this leaderboard determined, and what practical value is it (other than to tout the Golden Child VK)?  It looks like it’s just ladies who got all “yeses” and then ordered by seniority, because I just really doubt that Amy is their number 1 girl (looks or dance wise).  But okay, you want to call her your number 1, and you put her as group leader and co-point (if that’s still for case after multiple screws ups this pre-season).  But then how do you justify putting Maddie as group leader and other co-point if she’s not even in your top SEVENTEEN?!  And notably, several girls who were not in the judge’s top 36 at finals make the final roster.  Seems like the judges’ opinions really mean absolutely nothing, OR Kelli and Judy completely lose control of their own selection process through the drawn out camp.   

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, dccfangirl said:

This is not my favorite choreography. I see all the same recycled moves, but they’re put together in such a disjointed way.

• Love 2

One other random thought from pages back ... I swear I saw Kitty’s crazy hair after finals running up to hug (I think) Madeline Salter.  I watched it twice because I figured it was VK but it wasn’t.  Am I wrong about this Kitty sighting?  We haven’t heard much about Madeline’s mom.  Did she cheer with Kitty perhaps?

Someone pointed out that Gina gives too much extra to be point which I think is accurate.  When I was in marching band YEARS ago, we had one guy who marched military style while we were all just marching like average kids.  I think people like Carl & Gina don’t care if they look better & appear not to be part of our team.  They are in the group but not a part of the group.

i believe they put the states on the lockers to show people how girls came from everywhere to be a DCC.   Marketing!

Thanks to the person alerting us to Pluto!!!  It is like going down a rabbit hole!  I showed it to 2savvy TV guys who were sucked in also!

On the DCC  website there were 2 blog entries about Judy & choreographing for Queen dance.  I believe that’s where I read that when she danced, it was not canned music but a live brass band that played.

• Love 6

Can someone explain game day girl? I saw on DCC insta that it was Caroline, but noticed on Bridgets recent post that girls have been commenting “gameday girl!”? Happy they both have been getting recognition as they’re a few of my favorites!! But I must be missing something on what each of them got lol 

This team can no longer claim to be "world-class."  The decline in quality is shocking, and something really needs to be done but they're now more concerned with producing a reality series for a network few people watch instead of putting together a top-notch dance team.

• Love 20
29 minutes ago, PunchPowerPop said:

Amy is literally HORRIBLE at point. VKs insta story has some videos of TS and is seriously almost shocking how bad it looks. It amazes me how much the "vibe" of the squad has changed...they just look sloppy and bad 💁‍♀️

The TS video she has is from meet the team; same as what Katy posted from a different angle. It is shockingly bad, I agree. I’m very curious about how TS looked in the actual game - I haven’t seen video. I’m hoping the mess on Friday was mostly the music not working. 

• Love 1

SPOILER ALERT:

This link contains the names/photos of the rookies who made the 2019-2020 squad. Don’t click unless you want to know. It is an Instagram story and will only be up for a day! 

Link:  https://instagram.com/stories/victoriaakalina/2117702353529660759?igshid=1x8ugngn6c31o