Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

15 minutes ago, DCCFanGirlMN said:

SPOILER ALERT:

This link contains the names/photos of the rookies who made the 2019-2020 squad. Don’t click unless you want to know. It is an Instagram story and will only be up for a day! 

Link: https://instagram.com/stories/victoriaakalina/2117702353529660759?igshid=1x8ugngn6c31o

We have known for a while who made the squad !! Also this is a spoilers board so no need to write spoiler alert!! 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 11
14 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

This team can no longer claim to be "world-class."  The decline in quality is shocking, and something really needs to be done but they're now more concerned with producing a reality series for a network few people watch instead of putting together a top-notch dance team.

Everything (and everyone) has a shelf life.  Perhaps TPTB have reached theirs.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

Cassie is calling her VK as well. So I guess hi cassie, thank you for reading our little forum! Also good to know that VK is now A rookie dallas cowboys cheerleaderS. 

Does anyone have a clip of yesterday’s performance with amy at point? I really do hope she didn’t mess up or it’s possible Judy had already killed her and hidden the body.

• Love 6
21 hours ago, Dal8las said:

I must be watching a different show, because I don't see the bitchy in Lisa or the weakness that some are saying. Right now she is the best in TC with Kelcey. Sorry that harsh face Julia is gone, but its a little ridic...(IMO)

The same with Lexie being a mean girl... she was giving high-fives and actually cheering on the rookies unlike some of the vets. She does not seem mean/rude at all. Just do to the fact that she is friends with Madeline...they even said Madeline has become a better person. 

Also, yes Kat is terrible right now in the dance. However, I do not see her as being arrogant. She is just a very light and positive person...She is a person that seems to take everything and doesn't cry about it. She wants to learn, I have a friend similar to her who can make anything into a positive experience. I love that about Kat.

The only girl that I caught a haughty vibe off this last ep was Rachel A. I saw they way she half clapped and her face..after the rookies finished. I was surprised..did not think she had that type of energy..

Girl, don't worry I'm watching the same exact show that you are. Lisa is a beast, if they had cut Lisa I would have a huge problem because it's a dance audition and she can outdance several of those veterans if you ask me. I'm also a Kat fan she just has a positive personality. She also seems very kind and the type of person I would love to hang out with. At first she almost lost me too with all of that in your face but I didn't give up hope on her and I'm so glad she made the team.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

Between Meet the Team and the first home game, this board jumped like 12 pages in a couple days so sorry in advance that this now seems off topic ... but how exactly is this leaderboard determined, and what practical value is it (other than to tout the Golden Child VK)?  It looks like it’s just ladies who got all “yeses” and then ordered by seniority, because I just really doubt that Amy is their number 1 girl (looks or dance wise).  But okay, you want to call her your number 1, and you put her as group leader and co-point (if that’s still for case after multiple screws ups this pre-season).  But then how do you justify putting Maddie as group leader and other co-point if she’s not even in your top SEVENTEEN?!  And notably, several girls who were not in the judge’s top 36 at finals make the final roster.  Seems like the judges’ opinions really mean absolutely nothing, OR Kelli and Judy completely lose control of their own selection process through the drawn out camp.   

The board as shown is done by the number of yes/no/maybe votes, and it looked like seniority determined rankings between it. The top 17 all received 17 Yes votes. 

With Maddie, it looks like she got 15 Yes and 2 Maybe votes, so it’s not like she fell super far. She was probably a maybe from jay for fitness and a maybe from Neal because of her face. I wouldn’t be surprised if Jenn K or Kashara got a maybe vote in their years, and they were fine as point. 

I don’t love Maddie at point AT ALL, but two maybe votes aren’t shameful IMO. Girl had always struggled to stay as lean as some of the others. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

Girl, don't worry I'm watching the same exact show that you are. Lisa is a beast, if they had cut Lisa I would have a huge problem because it's a dance audition and she can outdance several of those veterans if you ask me. I'm also a Kat fan she just has a positive personality. She also seems very kind and the type of person I would love to hang out with. At first she almost lost me too with all of that in your face but I didn't give up hope on her and I'm so glad she made the team.

I like Lisa as well and like all the talk abt her former team mates don’t like her how do we know they weren’t doing and saying stuff to her and she was just defending herself !! 

• Love 4

From what I’ve seen so far, I prefer Maddie at point over Amy. Honestly, I am surprised that they didn’t choose a stronger dancer to lead the dance.. but with the mistakes that Amy has been making, I see no need in splitting. Just give it to Maddie and call it a day. 

Also, I need Dayton, Courtney (blonde from a few years ago), and Katy to audition next year. I know two are a long shot, but 🤷🏽‍♀️

• Love 8
20 hours ago, StarWarner said:

I'm not a fan of her hair at all. She's so pretty and it washes her out. I'm also so over "the Kat is out of the bag" jokes. 

If you guys recall she had on a wig the entire time, IMO the wig she had on during tryouts looks way better than the hair that they have put on her now. I can just tell the difference because I'm into hair. That dark color that she has on her IG was probably extensions/wig too but it was a very good one. I don't know who they have in the Dallas area that did her hair but she needs to find a better person that knows how to handle wigs/extensions for African American women. Just saying

Edited by GeorgiaPeach11
  • Love 11
20 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

If you guys recall she had on a wig the entire time, IMO the wig she had on during tryouts looks way better than the hair that they have put on her now. I can just tell the difference because I'm into hair. That dark color that she has on her IG was probably extensions/wig too but it was a very good one. I don't know who they have in the Dallas area that did her hair but she needs to find a better person that knows how to handle wigs/extensions for African American women. Just saying

I was going to say that too, but I just didnt want to "Let the cat out of the bag"

tenor.gif?itemid=4705723

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

yeah - too bad they can't fly someone in from the ATL , or the person she had in NC.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Bridget looks great in this video, IMO. 

Bridget looks excellent and is dancing with spunk. Alexis and Heather are barely dancing and seem disinterested. IMO. 

• Love 11
6 hours ago, Pau84 said:

This is exactly my concern/point and you phrased it.

I must say that we are on the right track with the new rookies and the last year. The question is: which of the current girls can go up toe-to-toe against season 6 or 7 girls? I think these girls can:

1. Amanda Dilks
  2. Kelcey Wetterberg
  3. Kat Puryear
  4. Lexie Sullivan
  5. Savannah Heineken
  6. Rachel Wyatt
  7. Erin Sauerhage
  8. Alanna Tarango
  9. Heather O'Connor
  10. Alexis Peterson
  11. Bridget Jacob (she makes my cut)
  12. Jalyn Stough
  13. Kristin Dodd
  14. Caroline Sundvold
  15. Miranda Tims

I am back-and-forth about Taylor Johnson and Taylor Pedersen.

So Agree!

• Love 1
13 hours ago, KickPretty said:

Watching all the Insta Stories.  I can’t help but be happy for VK.  I know!  I’m so annoyed with me too.  But dang it, the girl is growing in me. 🙈🙈😜🤷🏽‍♀️😱🤪🤭

I know! Me too!

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

So VK just posted her I'm a DCC post. Can someone attach it I can't always figure it out when I'm on my phone.

The fans love her and she has lots of nice comments from her teammates.  
Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 1

Since I didn’t have an account by the time this appeared and I don’t think this has been shared before I’m doing it now. For the people who don’t like Amy as point, it’s only for one season, it’ll be over before you know it. 

2041A484-61B7-4586-B163-517271C15D2B.jpeg

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Kees080 said:

Bridget looks excellent and is dancing with spunk. Alexis and Heather are barely dancing and seem disinterested. IMO. 

To be honest, the whole group looks like they’re barely dancing except for Bridget who is killing it. But for me Alexis was never powerful enough and it’s a shame it’s pretty much a given she will be a GL next year if she doesn’t retire.

• Love 8
On 8/3/2019 at 1:45 PM, scorpio1031 said:

https://beta.washingtonpost.com/business/2019/08/01/country-music-stands-moment-great-racial-change-or-so-its-biggest-cable-network-believes/?outputType=amp

According to this article, CMT has a new president, the show has new producers, so expect changes.  "We think we can go inside the conversations the aspiring cheerleaders are having and show their empowerment."  The new regime is also all about positivity.  So, the scenes when the girls left the floor after dancing, or when VK joined her fellow rookies from last year on the couch - scripted?  Or coached?  Not that we ever saw conflict before, but this could still be interesting.  

@go4luca

Found it!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Domino9062 said:

Her Cameo is beautiful.... 

I agree.  I'm not a huge Vic fan but she does have the look and I think this is one of the best cameos I've ever seen.

2 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

@go4luca

Found it!

Thanks, doll!

• Love 4

Did anyone notice Amy fell half a beat behind everyone in the TS video from last night’s game (near the end of the clip when they go into the triangle - and this is when she is behind Maddie so even has people to follow!) She seems like a wonderful teammate but how did she end up as point when she is off beat so often?

• Love 1

Been lurking and too lazy to post- but now that the team has been announced and we have seen the first real game performances.... I must say overall I am not impressed.  The routines seem to be half hearted preformed by some, weak by others and then overcompensating by some.  I wonder if that’s why Gina is over the top sometimes- she can see there are very few powerful performers and is trying to make up for it🤷🏼‍♀️ Looking at teams from the past years... well side by side- this team would be put to shame. 

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I agree.  I'm not a huge Vic fan but she does have the look and I think this is one of the best cameos I've ever seen.

Thanks, doll!

She’s not ugly for sure and her main ‘problem’ is her huge grin which she can learn to cover if she wants. However, this is how she really looks (last picture):

The photoshop is quite obvious and her hair looks much better in a side part instead of the middle part she insists on doing. If she can get her hair to look like her cameo in real life it would be great.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

To be honest, the whole group looks like they’re barely dancing except for Bridget who is killing it. But for me Alexis was never powerful enough and it’s a shame it’s pretty much a given she will be a GL next year if she doesn’t retire.

I think she will retire I think it will be a small vet class this next season 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

As long as all current 2nd years stay on, the rest can absolutely retire!

I'm already nervous wondering if any 2nd years will decide to retire. 😔

• Love 3
On 8/23/2019 at 9:57 AM, klopie said:

I feel like K&J made this a disaster year on purpose to distract us from hurricane VK and it’s working. So just knowing this year is already shot I’m focusing on next year. 

In my dreams I know but the current DCC that I hope retire after this season:

Victoria, Amanda, Lisa, Taylor P, Taylor J, Madeline, Daphne, Miranda, Savannah, Christina, Molly, Gina, Tess, Maddie, Amy

While this year isn't a TOTAL disaster, it certainly is close because of Victoria.  Victoria's editing is better, probably due to all the complaints about being so focused on her last year.  Too bad very little else has improved and the overall quality of the team seems to have been dumped.  I'll give them something of a pass on Meet the Team because it sounds like the sound system wasn't working properly, but I know that other AMAZING dance teams (and cheerleading squads) have absolutely ROCKED it when the systems conked out during performances.  If the DCC let the music being screwy or absent entirely affect the performance(s), then it's on them, not the electronics.

On 8/23/2019 at 10:13 AM, Opine said:

VK is going to be the first ever DCC to come out on a cane!!!  She isn't leaving until they throw her out.  And, that ain't happening.

And Kelli won't cut Victoria unless she's absolutely forced to or Kelli herself is replaced (especially if Victoria still has the stank attitude and entitled behavior).

On 8/23/2019 at 10:48 AM, kalibean said:

Y'all, what a delightful little gift we just got on CMT's Making the Team page!  I couldn't figure out a direct link and it's not on their instagram yet, booo.

They showed how every single TCC ranked.  17 perfect scores, including one rookie (Victoria.)  Next up Ashley, so I'm bewildered by her early cut.  Next highest rookies are Shaina and Julia, also cut.  Then Kristen and Chandi, followed by Amanda.  Lisa was below that (alongside Miranda and Alexis), Alexandra, Bret and Kelcey came next, and it was noted that Kelcey is a makeover candidate.  

The lowest ranking vet was below them, and it looked like a short haired blonde so I'm assuming that's Christina.  She wasn't top 36 but still made the top 45.  

CRAZY how things shook out in camp this year, with Christina obviously finding redemption and such high scoring rookies ultimately getting cut.  Lots of locker room issues, I'll assume, but maybe some injuries?

Frankly, based on Christina's performance at Finals, she should have been cut, but I've been saying that for years.  Ranking the girls like that is a useful evaluation tool if done properly and without prejudice.  However, we know Kelli (and Charlotte) so we know there's extreme prejudice in some cases and this tool wasn't used properly.   I would also like to see this scoreboard each week and have Kelli explain why each girl was placed where she was.  However, I will NEVER believe that Victoria's perfect score was entirely of her own doing due to her connections.

On 8/23/2019 at 10:53 AM, Dal8las said:

How I think this squad will retire, making this list cause we are ready for a new formations.

Alanna Tarango - She reminds me of Jessika/Bess. Better dancer though. Forgot she was on the squad. She either leaves this year or stays for a third then leaves.

Alexis Peterson - I think she might leave after this year.

Amber McMillen - I think she will be a 4 year girl.

Amy Leonall - Good and Bye, I don't think she will stay for a 6th will she?? Anyone that has any relation to Sara Gourley gives me hives.

Ashlee Ford - I think she will stay for a 3rd/4th year maybe even a 5th depends on life.

Brennan Cook - I have a feeling will want to be a 3rd year vet then leave.

Briana Baisden - I wonder if she will stay after this year. I would love if she becomes a 4th year/pro bowler.

Bridget Jacob - She has the making for a 4th/5th year, but also she could leave after this year like stars in the making seem to do lately on this squad. i.e. Maggie, Mandy, Khalyn.

Caroline Sundvold - I think she will either leave after her 3rd year or go on to a 5th year. 

Christina Riccelli - I think she will leave after this year..she is still in the far back of the pyramid and she is the example of having blonde girls just to fill a spot. I don't dislike her, but there are other talents out there that could have her spot. 

Cianna Levi - I have a feeling she will do a third year be a GL2 then leave.

Daphne Janes - She is def staying until she becomes a GL. So she might be here for a 4th year.

Erin Sauerhage - Would love her to become a 5th year, but she could leave after her 3rd/4th year.

Gina Ligi - I would say she would be a 5th year, but this year's formation has me thinking differently.

Hannah Anderson - She has the 4th year vibe and leaves.

Heather O'Connor - She will stay one more year or leave this year.

Jalyn Stough - She might leave after this year or stay for a 3rd.

Lexie Sullivan - Like Alexis I think she will leave after this year or stay for a 4th.

Madeline Massingill - We def are stuck with her for one more year of DCC Style HIPHOP

Madeline Molloy - 3rd year girl and leaves

Miranda Tims - Leaves this year 

Molly Neumeister - She will leave this year, the only she has to look forward to is GL2 position or non at all like Kelsey Bond, but Kelsey was atleast on SG. Molly is not really there.

Rachel Alexander - Leaves after this year.

Rachel Wyatt - I think she leaves after her 3rd year

Savanah Heineken - I have her leaving, but she could shock me staying for a 4th year. 

Taylor Johnson - She can def be a 4th year girl, but I have her leaving 3rd year

Tess Guidry - Leaves after this year, she could shock us and be a 5th year.

I will have to see this season to speak on these girls below:

Amanda Dilks, Chandi Dayle, Kat Puryear, Kelcey Wetterburg, Kristin Dodd, Lily Johnson, Lisa Mills, Meredith Madden, Taylor Pederson, Victoria Kalina.

I like your thinking on a lot of the veterans.  I won't be surprised if Meredith is either a one-and-done (quits of her own volition) or is cut at Finals next year unless she drastically improves.  The majority of the rest will stay as long as they want due to blending (except for Amanda, Chandi, and Kelcey), but I'm curious to see how Kristin, Lilly and Victoria pan out.  I think Victoria will either stay as long as she possibly can or realize that she's missed out on SO much that she bolts for the door as soon as the season's over and doesn't come back.

On 8/23/2019 at 11:31 AM, dreamcatcher said:

VK literally fell out of every turn she had to do and got a perfect score? Really?

I really want to see Julia’s solo. She sure looked amazing.

I really doubt she earned a perfect score.  Given one despite her mistakes? Yep, certainly was.  Those mistakes would have either gotten another girl cut or a lesser score, possibly both. 

On 8/23/2019 at 11:33 AM, TB12 said:

SAME exact thought, Veruca got a perfect score? Why did she even bother to audition clearly she was guaranteed a spot regardless. They need to try to be a little less obvious with their blatant nepotism... 

They WERE a little less obvious with the nepotism this year, but it's still there (and more behind the scenes) and not only going full throttle, but then some.  Too bad they weren't expecting us to be watching for it because we KNEW it was going to happen.  There are likely many reasons why she auditioned, but I would also throw out that Kelli didn't want to give up her spot as being the only DCC to make the squad without having to audition up, especially (and maybe even) if it meant sharing that particular spotlight with the daughter of her best friend.

On 8/23/2019 at 12:35 PM, dccfan204 said:

The leaderboard in order with the breaks included:

1. Amy
2. Heather
3. Tess
4. Savannah
5. Lexie
6. Molly
7. Rachel A
8. Gina
9. Taylor J
10. Rachel W
11. Ashlee
12. Amber
13. Caroline
14. Bridget
15. Madeline M
16. Alanna
17. Victoria

18. Cianna
19. Erin
20. Brennan
21. Briana
22. Daphne

23. Maddie

24. Ashley H

25. Hannah
26. Shaina
27. Julia

28. Kristin
29. Chandi

30. Amanda
31. Jalyn

32. Alexis
33. Miranda
34. Lisa

35. Alexandra
36. Bret
37. Kelcey

38. Christina
39. Gina M
40. Lily

41. Lauren
42. Kat
43. Taylor P
44. Meredith

45. Madeline S

Switch Bret and Victoria with Kelcey and Madeline S. and I could see that particular 36 on the field.  

On 8/23/2019 at 1:16 PM, sATL said:

On a serious note - If VK could share exactly what did she do to change, improve and mature from her old 18yr self to the present 19yr self, that would be interesting reading..

I seriously doubt she did ANYTHING to "change, improve and mature" except get one year older.  Well, that and have to deal with stupid cowards sending nasty DM's to her.  I'll likely never meet her, but if I ever meet her in person (and if she asks), I wouldn't hesitate to tell her exactly what I've said here.  I wouldn't walk up to her and unleash it upon her, but I also wouldn't hold back if asked.  To me, if you ask my opinion, you want to hear it.  If you don't like what you hear after I said it, that's on you.

On 8/23/2019 at 1:41 PM, Tornado said:

Well, that's it, there is no use fighting it. TPTB told us exactly what they think DCC style is...the comment heard round the boards "17 ladies had a perfect score and the only rookie was Victoria"

I dont know how much more direct they can be. Victoria is the embodiment of DCC and The Star. 

There are only 2 choices left for us spectators...embrace it in all its glory, or dont let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out...

We don't have to embrace it in all its glory or walk away.  We can enjoy all the other aspects of the DCC and ignore certain groups and people that we DON'T enjoy.  I'm certainly not going to seek out videos of Victoria performing, but I'm also going to watch a lot of the videos posted here even if Victoria is part of them as long as she's not the sole focus of said video.

On 8/23/2019 at 4:20 PM, Mercurialsteph said:

And honestly? New rule. If ANY vet falls below 36? They should go. As they are literally off the team at that point and are supposed to be already the top people. 

I agree with you.  Christina and, to a degree, Savannah and a few other girls, could have left three years ago and I wouldn't have missed them.  Several girls missed out (including Brennan) because these girls were nothing more than average in dance, personality, and appearance with nothing more than a good body and MAYBE determination and a few other things to recommend them.

Sorry I'm responding so late to some of these.  I've been spending time with my pups of the four-legged variety.  I don't own them, but they come with the house I sit and I absolutely ADORE them and they are SO much fun to be around.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

She’s not ugly for sure and her main ‘problem’ is her huge grin which she can learn to cover if she wants. However, this is how she really looks (last picture):

The photoshop is quite obvious and her hair looks much better in a side part instead of the middle part she insists on doing. If she can get her hair to look like her cameo in real life it would be great.

Yea she looks Gr8. I like how she posted a pic of her group, I wish they all did that so we can figure out this 37th DCC thing.

Edited by GeorgiaPeach11
1 hour ago, Domino9062 said:

Her Cameo is beautiful.... Shame she doesn’t look like this all the time.  I just feel she tries too hard and it shows in her facial features (the big huge grin, face position) In this photo it seems effortless and natural which suits her more... just imo

Not a VK fan, but I agree about the cameo. If she could modulate her makeup and smile to what’s in that picture, we wouldn’t have that “can’t sleep, clown’ll eat me” feeling.

• LOL 13

Her Cameo is beautiful.... Shame she doesn’t look like this all the time.  I just feel she tries too hard and it shows in her facial features (the big huge grin, face position) In this photo it seems effortless and natural which suits her more... just imo

Seriously, her cameo is amazing. But it also is definitely retouched face and hair.

• Love 9

Agreed she actually comes off really insecure bc she always seems forced... as for the nice comments from her teammates, IMO they sort of have to post them as tptb love to promote the sisterhood & lets not forget if Veruca doesn’t get comments she’ll run to auntie Kelli & cry they don’t like me... 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
34 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I know that other AMAZING dance teams (and cheerleading squads) have absolutely ROCKED it when the systems conked out during performances.  If the DCC let the music being screwy or absent entirely affect the performance(s), then it's on them, not the electronics.

Like them:

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Like them:

That was amazing -- from what I could see not one dancer stopped.  

8 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Agreed she actually comes off really insecure bc she always seems forced... as for the nice comments from her teammates, IMO they sort of have to post them as tptb love to promote the sisterhood & lets not forget if Veruca doesn’t get comments she’ll run to auntie Kelli & cry they don’t like me... 

This.

• Love 2