Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

I am one of the few I know but I think VK is knocking it out of the park this year.  She looks great seems more quiet (less drama queen but is still early) and we all know the show is suppose to concentrate on those trying to make the team but so far this does not look like the Victoria show very little clips of her ... first night strong on the routine ... also first night meeting was very low key ... I am liking it ... I am hoping since there are so few rookies that we can see more of the others meaning more practice and dancing ...maybe a rookie practice like they did in season 3.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, whosadcc said:

I know a lot of people on here have commented about the names with the states of where the girls are from and why they have it.  No, I'm not an insider. They may have wanted this for awhile, but may have found it more difficult as they had a few people from other countries.  Now that everyone on the team is from a US state, they may have decided to print the state names.  I'm assuming people that are on the tour's and the kid's camp's ask all the time where the girls are from.  It's a conversation starter!

Someone mentioned that this was a marketing thing, and I absolutely agree with both these posters. Forbes magazine has named the Cowboys as the world's most valuable sports franchise. The Cowboys are known as "America's Team" and their reach goes far beyond Texas.  Now with DCC:MTT, they have another way to appeal to a broader fan base. Including the states on the team's nameplates could help make a connection for some fans. You saw it at Oxnard and Honolulu, and you'll see it at every "away" game; Cowboys fans are everywhere.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I was glad to see a couple of posters respond to the posts that concentrated on just the "beauty" of the DCC and how many feel that this group does not match the "beauty" of past year's teams.  I think the most forgotten part of being a DCC is the ability to be an ambassador for the Cowboy organization.  Really, how many games are there in comparison to all of the other yearly events, interviews, podcasts, camps, personal and organization appearances, USO tours, etc., etc....?? 

CMT has shown many times Charlotte remarking about this important ability.  Why do they place an importance on the interviews, for instance?  How about avoiding talking about a 50 yard length field?  Or avoiding not being able to name any current players?  Or not knowing Cowboy Hall of Fame players?  Or not knowing who actually OWNS the team??????  They are an important face of the team, and while their looks are definitely important, their intelligence and ability to speak as representatives of the entire organization is just as important.  Remember when Kristi Scales, the Cowboys' sideline reporter, gave Christina a thumbs up for her great speaking ability during interviews and podcasts??  This could have been very important when the DCC team was finalized. 

We don't get to see all of the deliberations, unfortunately!!  How much fun that would be!

• Love 5
3 hours ago, DCCManFan said:

Forgive me if I missed this on the boards, but did anyone figure who from the 37 is missing?  There are only 36 on the field.  And, interesting how the point changes from Amy to Maddie about 1/2 way through the routine.

Rachel A.’s missing and the reason is unclear.  37 danced during the practice the day before Meet the Team night—with one out of formation.  Some say one team member will sit out Thunderstruck each week and this week’s Rachel’s.  This is strange as Rachel is a Show Group member with high perceived value.  Thus, others believe she has some injury or conflict.

The Amy/Maddie shared point has been discussed ad nauseam on here.  Amy’s share constitutes 20 seconds to Maddie’s 60.  It’s unclear why she has it all—especially with consistent mistakes in performances (e.g. Queen).   

9 hours ago, viccib said:

I can just hear Judy screaming 'LINES'...lol

I love when the lady is excited about Maddie at point.  It’s surprising to me that someone would know who she is, but not know she’d dance point.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, whosadcc said:

I do not think the are ranked, but in order of their number that they had at audition's.  Here are the number's they had: 

Amy was #1

Heather was #5

Tess was #6 

Taylor J was #10

Savannah was #15

Lexie was # 16

Molly was #38

Rachel W. was #45

Ashlee was #46

Amber was #50

Caroline was #51

Bridget was #55

Madeline M was #56

Rachel A was #59

Gina was #75

Alanna was #76

Since VK is a rookie, I am going to assume that's why she is at the end.

Oh okay. I remember they had to be numbered, but I just assumed that they went by how the girls scored on the leader board. When Kelli said the top seventeen had perfect scores, I was like, "Why isn't Maddie up there with them?"

Ashlee posted a video of her solo on Instagram and I was too busy being wowed to even notice her number. 

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, DCCFan197605 said:

Rachel A.’s missing and the reason is unclear.  37 danced during the practice the day before Meet the Team night—with one out of formation.  Some say one team member will sit out Thunderstruck each week and this week’s Rachel’s.  This is strange as Rachel is a Show Group member with high perceived value.  Thus, others believe she has some injury or conflict.

The Amy/Maddie shared point has been discussed ad nauseam on here.  Amy’s share constitutes 20 seconds to Maddie’s 60.  It’s unclear why she has it all—especially with consistent mistakes in performances (e.g. Queen).   

I love when the lady is excited about Maddie at point.  It’s surprising to me that someone would know who she is, but not know she’d dance point.  

25 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I’m hoping Rachel isn’t injured. I really like her and it would be very sad now that she made show group.

I am starting to worry.

Rachel Alexander is M.I.A.!

1111607045_Screenshot2019-08-26at19_22_00.thumb.png.e4df70ae7ef3f781769c858f9c486bb0.png

Edited by Pau84
added image
58 minutes ago, DCCFan197605 said:

Any person who is a fan of the Cowboys and  the DCC probably knows who Maddie is. The only people who would know about who is point (prior to the game) would be those who follow this board, saw the Oxnard videos, or went to any of their events in the past week. So the average fan would know Maddie given that’s she’s been on the team for 3 previous seasons,  each DCC is featured in a section of stadium on a slideshow thing, and as a GL so she was/is on the DCC cups they have at games but could not know she is or is one of the point girl(s)

13 hours ago, DCCKnowItAll said:

First time posting, I usually just lurk lol I didn’t see anyone post this, but here is pregame from yesterday’s game 

So I am kind of liking them switching out the triangle/diamond 🙂

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Lindsay Loo Hoo said:

I may be in the minority here but, Amanda is not attractive to me, AT ALL...

Sidenote, I thought Shaina was gorgeous..

I think she's decent looking but my bf was watching the show with me and he said "she's not very pretty." I was like "what?!" Lol but he's with you there. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, homelife said:

Knowing the disdain for Christina, I'm sorry to say but at times Lily does look like her. 

Kristen's cameo pose is awful (reminds me of the chicken dance) and she still looks thicker.

I agree about Kristen ... she looked thick at the auditions .... not fat by any means but big for the uniform .... pushing maximum density as they say in The Breakfast Club LOL!!!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DCCFan197605 said:

1 hour ago, DCCFan197605 said:

Thank you for the info! 

5 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I think she's decent looking but my bf was watching the show with me and he said "she's not very pretty." I was like "what?!" Lol but he's with you there. 

I feel so shitty saying this but....I don’t think she’s pretty either. But I DO think she’s attractive - if that makes sense 

I actually like her. She has good show-woman-ship and is really entertaining to watch. I like that she’s not all, “Being a DCC is the only thing I’ve ever wanted in my entire life. Ever. Since the beginning of time.  Or at least for the last 18 years. Even though I didn’t know what DCC was when I was 5. But I’ll just DIE, I mean literally !DIE!, if I don’t get to wear that uniform” interspersed with sobbing tears. 😒

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, unknownuser said:

by perfect score did K&J mean that all the judges said yes as opposed to actual scores for each part of the audition? Then that would mean that at least 2 judges said maybe or no for Maddie. Is that correct?

This what I understood them to mean

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Pau84 said:

I am starting to worry.

Rachel Alexander is M.I.A.!

1111607045_Screenshot2019-08-26at19_22_00.thumb.png.e4df70ae7ef3f781769c858f9c486bb0.png

She posted an hour ago on IG about getting first day of school treats from her “home school kids”.  I thought she taught dance at KJ with Meredith and a few others.

Edited by Christineelgene
Edited
1 hour ago, lah715 said:

I like how it’s done, but since the first point is only there for a few counts, it doesn’t make sense to me. Also, you need a tall girl behind point so that means that we will always have someone extremely tall in the triangle too and that looks really jarring to me. Especially since they will end up there only due to their height-no way Tess would be in the triangle any other way. I guess that’s how they can get VK in the triangle though.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, lah715 said:

Thanks for sharing!  Who is the blonde that skips out ahead of her line as the start across the field?  Third row-Second girl?  I know nothing about dance but it looked to me like she skipped way out ahead...not keeping in with the others

• Love 1
16 hours ago, DKay said:

She does!  Smile, Briana!!!   This is year two; you got this girl!! 👏🏼

Bridget looks amazing!  Not a Briana fan...never have been, never will be.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, lah715 said:

I am one of the few I know but I think VK is knocking it out of the park this year.  She looks great seems more quiet (less drama queen but is still early) and we all know the show is suppose to concentrate on those trying to make the team but so far this does not look like the Victoria show very little clips of her ... first night strong on the routine ... also first night meeting was very low key ... I am liking it ... I am hoping since there are so few rookies that we can see more of the others meaning more practice and dancing ...maybe a rookie practice like they did in season 3.

I cannot believe im saying this but I agree with you. That last episode really switched my opinion of her. She just seems more low key. who knows if thats editing and if TPTB are trying to bamboozle us but shes coming across as likable, where as last year it was the opposite. Shes leaned out, she looks amazing. Her hair even looks good. go figure. haha

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

She posted an hour ago on IG about getting first day of school treats from her “home school kids”.  I thought she taught dance at KJ with Meredith and a few others.

She does.  She had clips with them at Friends and Family.

On 8/25/2019 at 2:14 AM, scorpio1031 said:

The lines were crooked, timing was off, but apparently there were technical issues with the music.  Once they fixed that, they did the routine again and it was better.

Aren't they supposed to be "world class" though? Doesn't this include nailing it even through technical difficulties? Lol.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Honestly not either 

She’s one of my favorites! That’s the great thing about this team; no matter your preference, there is someone for everyone. We do have to give Kelli and Judy credit for that!

• Love 12
20 hours ago, Reveala said:

The new CMT president also giving a quote that perhaps explains why we haven't seen Kitty in her previous role, yet: "McCarthy laid out his vision for CMT. Positivity is indeed a priority; too much reality television, he said, is centered on conflict."

Explains why the season is boring so far. As Janet Burroway says in her book on fiction writing, "only trouble is interesting."

• Love 2
12 hours ago, viccib said:

I can just hear Judy screaming 'LINES'...lol

I was watching Pluto today in my bedroom and Judy was yelling that today when my husband walked in to use the bathroom. He did a spot on impersonation of her. 😆😆

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, J-R said:

Not a Briana fan...never have been, never will be.

26 minutes ago, dccfan321 said:

She’s one of my favorites! That’s the great thing about this team; no matter your preference, there is someone for everyone. We do have to give Kelli and Judy credit for that!

I think Briana has one of the prettiest smiles!

brianna jrdcc XS.jpg

• Love 17
34 minutes ago, dccfan321 said:

Yes for sure 

• Love 1

I have to say and ya hate to see it, but imma need all the girls that dance to every song with this open mouth smile/space cadet look to stop...I mean it bothers me so much. Like they could be playing Bust Down Thotiana and those girls will legit be like

source.gif

Honestly just stop #STOPTHEOPENMOUTHSMILE20192020

Edited by Dal8las
cause
  • LOL 12
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, Dal8las said:

I have to say and ya hate to see it, but imma need all the girls that dance to every song with this open mouth smile/space cadet look to stop...I mean it bothers me so much. Like they could be playing Bust Down Thotiana and those girls will legit be like

source.gif

Depends who’s doing it. I prefer a smile over the odd kissy face Alexis makes or weird “ooo” face that Gina makes.

Bridget, Rachel W, Ashlee and Lexie have the best performance faces IMO.

i also hope to never see America’s sweethearts dancing to bust down thotiana but that’s just me 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, dccfan321 said:

So agree with that!

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Dal8las said:

source.gif

Amy is the worst offender which is pathetic as the Senior most vet... I can recall Kelli giving so much grief to other ladies for doing it. Please make it stahhhhp!

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Newmanbritt said:

Depends who’s doing it. I prefer a smile over the odd kissy face Alexis makes or weird “ooo” face that Gina makes.

Bridget, Rachel W, Ashlee and Lexie have the best performance faces IMO.

i also hope to never see America’s sweethearts dancing to bust down thotiana but that’s just me 

Thats great, however a regular smile is not what I am seeing. I just keep seeing the open mouth tooth look, the kissy face is def gross too and the "ooo" face..they are all just terrible. *crying*

Bridget is one of the deer in the headlight girls, but she is not as bad as some. Rachel has the ":0" face with dead eye look...she scares the crap out of me sometimes, its like hello? Is anyone there? I agree with you on Lexie and Ashlee they know how to serve.  

I would be shocked if we don't get a censored version of Bust Down Kelliana ...I mean come on. 

giphy.gif

Edited by Dal8las
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Amy is the worst offender which is pathetic as the Senior most vet... I can recall Kelli giving so much grief to other ladies for doing it. Please make it stahhhhp!

tenor.gif

• Love 2
2 hours ago, J-R said:

Thanks for sharing!  Who is the blonde that skips out ahead of her line as the start across the field?  Third row-Second girl?  I know nothing about dance but it looked to me like she skipped way out ahead...not keeping in with the others

the one next to Amy??

I saw an Instagram story from Taylor J that had her featured during the game for a few seconds. And I thought she had a blank expression on her face even though she was smiling. Like are you a person? Lol I understand it could be just nerves having the camera on you for that long and having to shake your pom poms and smile. 

• Love 3
18 hours ago, DCCKnowItAll said:

First time posting, I usually just lurk lol I didn’t see anyone post this, but here is pregame from yesterday’s game 

Thank you for posting this.  I have never seen the entire performance before.  Now that I have there are certain moves that need to go away.  Anytime where the girls were squatting, sticking out their butts and/or bouncing them up and down looks awful.  Not sure who thought up those moves but 🤮

• Love 2