Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

10 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

00076181-43C2-4EFF-B305-C7C0CDDCD121.thumb.jpeg.624b85abab4ebbf78da67c6d0217e199.jpg.902e8d5babc5ea2cc985e9a7c5a795a4.jpg

Wtf is going on in this picture? Is maddie supposed to be on the 50 as point? But also in front of amy who is point? Or is the whole damn thing off center? The back right has 4 girls and the back left only has 2

2 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

Wtf is going on in this picture? Is maddie supposed to be on the 50 as point? But also in front of amy who is point? Or is the whole damn thing off center? The back right has 4 girls and the back left only has 2

Kashara hello please we need you because this is a HOT MESS

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, nrskim said:

Have you seen how he looks at them? OMG CREEP! He makes my skin crawl. Don't get caught alone with him. (((shudder))) 

Aren't they shaking their asses in glorified underwear precisely so men will look at them like that? 

Before anyone jumps on me, I'm certainly not saying they deserve to be harassed or objectified, but I'm also not going to clutch my pearls over a man for leering at a woman who's doing a Kalyssa boob shimmy.

• Love 8

After the meet the team.

samfinglass_23_8_2019_20_18_8_998 copy.jpeg

But Vic did take a great cameo.

I truly hope she's keeping the weight off in a healthy manner.

samfinglass_23_8_2019_20_18_8_998 copy 2.jpeg

Lisa.  Now I see why she's been reminding some of Heather H.

lisa_ copy.jpg

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 19
2 minutes ago, go4luca said:

After the meet the team.

Her cameo is great. She is hopefully just eating clean.... at her age and with all the exercise she’s getting, her body will see results quickly with a clean diet. 

• Love 18

There’s a new Jumbotron intro too.  They finally got rid of that Danielle one putting on her boots.   It features all the girls that were randomly filming media day stuff they posted on Instagram without explanation.   

• Useful 1
Just now, 5678Pixie said:

There’s a new Jumbotron intro too.  They finally got rid of that Danielle one putting on her boots.   It features all the girls that were randomly filming media day stuff they posted on Instagram without explanation.   

It may still be on Katy's IG story.

25 minutes ago, chrishunt said:

Is there another brunette with a bob? There’s a video on Kristy’s twitter that looks like Rachel A is doing the kick line,

Ooo that may be her. Kelcey is another brunette with shorter hair, but it looks like there may be two of them? The videos and pictures are potato quality so it's hard to decipher. 

• Love 1
On 8/22/2019 at 9:15 PM, jlc said:

I must admit, she does look amazing!!!

Brennan is always the consummate professional. She always has a friendly, open look on her face, no matter what is said or thrown at her.  All I have is resting bitch face.  I think I need her as my boot buddy.

• LOL 4
  • Love 18
47 minutes ago, dccfan321 said:

Sometimes y’all reach so far and still touch nothing...

The music and sound system was off tonight the first time they did TS, hence the not so great clips that have been posted. They did it again and it looked just fine (point drama aside).

HAHAHAH yes slay us. Its true the stadium and practice field sound system echo so much sometimes...ive said this before if you are not in the nosebleeds sometimes you can't hear anything. Thanksgiving shows are hard to watch.

37 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I'm not posting this to hate on Lily.    I think they did a great job with her hair.

lily copy.jpg

She honestly gives me Jordan Chanley vibes 

• Love 9
35 minutes ago, go4luca said:

After the meet the team.

Lisa.  Now I see why she's been reminding some of Heather H.

lisa_ copy.jpg

Wow! Combined with her better edit, Victoria seems like a better all around teammate, dancer, and person this year. WHO HAVE A BECOME!!! WHAT ARE THESE WORDS COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH!!!

• LOL 18
  • Love 6
42 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

F618C0BD-2816-4957-B029-FC285591E85E.thumb.jpeg.c0953b5a3a7af70ed99f96c8355251ce.jpg.b0770018f3886389b39da75a17c94793.jpg

UM who's leg is that amazing. I think that the reason they are taking 37 is that someone is pregnant or they are still undecided and they will wait for the first preseason game and see how the rookies do and cut them. I feel like they did that before in the past, because I remember seeing hella girls one game and then it dwindled down one season. However, that was seasons ago...like the second season in the new stadium.source.gif

They change the locker nameplates every year it seems; first/last name, first/middle name, name and stars for what year they're in and now it looks like name and state based on Victoria's. She did take a nice cameo although the one curl sticking out would make me crazy. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, chrishunt said:

Wow! Combined with her better edit, Victoria seems like a better all around teammate, dancer, and person this year. WHO HAVE A BECOME!!! WHAT ARE THESE WORDS COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH!!!

Dancer yes - haven't seen any "real" evidence regarding teammate and person, despite what I have been told over and over and over by VK and TPTB.

Now, her hair - I don't know - there are some pics on her IG with it in layers and loose curls that look so much better.  I realize she just danced for IDK how long, but after a long football game???

2 minutes ago, Dal8las said:

because I remember seeing hella girls one game and then it dwindled down one season.

There were three vets injured one season and they didn't replace them with All Stars.  I think a poster said upthread that the team went from 34 to 31 for a bit.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Dancer yes - haven't seen any "real" evidence regarding teammate and person, despite what I have been told over and over and over by VK and TPTB.

Now, her hair - I don't know - there are some pics on her IG with it in layers and loose curls that look so much better.  I realize she just danced for IDK how long, but after a long football game???

There were three vets injured one season and they didn't replace them with All Stars.  I think a poster said upthread that the team went from 34 to 31 for a bit.

I  remember that too, but I was talking about a preseason game and then when season started the girls in the far back of the triangle were not there anymore/moved up into spots maybe girls were gone....this was like 2010 would that be the same season maybe? IDK haha I just want to know whats going on.

• Love 1
Just now, Dal8las said:

I  remember that too, but I was talking about a preseason game and then when season started the girls in the far back of the triangle were not there anymore/moved up into spots maybe girls were gone....this was like 2010 would that be the same season maybe? IDK haha I just want to know whats going on.

Yes, it was:)

• Love 1

Watching this episode - I am sick of Kat and we are only three shows in.  blegh

30 minutes ago, chrishunt said:

re VK locker room pic -- she looks great.

photoshop is a wonderful thing.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

I watched the latest episode with my mom tonight.  She does not follow DCC extensively like I do, nor does she overanalyze and critique every dance or girl like we do here on the board.  That being said, she loves Maddie and she LOVES Victoria. Those are her 2 favorites.  She said "Maddie should DEFINITELY be point!" and she "wants to go on whatever diet Victoria is on" lol.  It's funny that those are two of the most criticized girls on these boards, yet general fans in real life and on Facebook seem to really love them.

It's just interesting to see how much of a contrast there is between the way we see the girls and how the average viewer sees them.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
6 minutes ago, FutureDCC said:

I watched the latest episode with my mom tonight.  She does not follow DCC extensively like I do, nor does she overanalyze and critique every dance or girl like we do here on the board.  That being said, she loves Maddie and she LOVES Victoria. Those are her 2 favorites.  She said "Maddie should DEFINITELY be point!" and she "wants to go on whatever diet Victoria is on" lol.  It's funny that those are two of the most criticized girls on these boards, yet general fans in real life and on Facebook seem to really love them.

It's just interesting to see how much of a contrast there is between the way we see the girls and how the average viewer sees them.

I am kinda meh on the point controversy - I like Amy's dancing but I can see when she is off beat and that can't be a good thing if you have people behind you watching (I can see where it would throw them off) 

As far as Maddie goes, she got points from me for taking Kitty's crap the first time she tried out.  I am not sure that she is point material, but I can see why they would put her there -- she puts out a "girl next door" vibe that I think attracts people.

I think Gina has more than the ability to be point -- I think, forgive me, her looks are holding her back.

• Love 7

And LOL Jenn C Choreo. Oh Kelli, she made it sound like Jenn choreographed for all those shows.  Literally, it was the same dance on all the shows and it was only featured because of the older guy dancing (who killed it!) 😂

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, Dal8las said:

HAHAHAH yes slay us. Its true the stadium and practice field sound system echo so much sometimes...ive said this before if you are not in the nosebleeds sometimes you can't hear anything. Thanksgiving shows are hard to watch.

She honestly gives me Jordan Chanley vibes 

I think this is the best Lily has looked. She totally took my advice and got an excellent airbrush tan. 🤪😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, KickPretty said:

Is it just me or is this season so far boring AF!? 💤😴💤😴

Not just you.

The only that is grabbing me is VK and only because I am just looking to see how many times TPTB sing her praises -- deserved or not.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
59 minutes ago, hereforthedrama said:

If you look on Lisa’s Instagram stories, one of the last ones she reposted has them doing TS from the floor smack. Looks like Amy is half a beat behind AS POINT. #ginawasrobbed #ginaforpoint

As I said at least just leave it as Maddie. It actually would have looked terrific with Maddie as point and Gina and Lexie behind her...

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Mercurialsteph said:

As I said at least just leave it as Maddie. It actually would have looked terrific with Maddie as point and Gina and Lexie behind her...

This is legit what I thought the triangle would look like this year. No way would I have ever in a million years guessed that Tess and Amy would be part of it. 🤷

• Love 5

Yikes I saw Lisa’s Thunderstruck with Amy as point she is OFF. Like Amy is counts off and doing the wrong movements. Maddie overall looks much better....like just give it to her, at least she’s on the right counts. This is the second time this has happened with Amy. Make Gina Maddie and Lexie the triangle with Amy behind Maddie...where she can follow three other people 

1 minute ago, JayDKay said:

This is legit what I thought the triangle would look like this year. No way would I have ever in a million years guessed that Tess and Amy would be part of it. 🤷

And striking with the brunette next to the two blondes, also they’d have two glamour girls and one girl-next-door...something for everyone. I would have done that triangle with Tess behind Maddie. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, MTTFan said:

I think Gina has more than the ability to be point -- I think, forgive me, her looks are holding her back.

I think Gina is a stronger dancer, but Maddie is very well-liked in the group. Looks-wise, they’re pretty equal to me—though Gina is more glam. 

• Love 3

I can’t recall ever trying this hard to get into a season.  Sorry Amy, Maddie fans.  Both are a huge yawn.  Off the top of my head, there are four 2nd years who could have carried it.  Without swapping out point girls.  Keeping the rest of the formation clean and sharp.

Frell the drama of upsetting upper vets not up to the task.  Put your big girl panties on and fix this mess.

• Love 11

Caught up on episodes 2 and 3 this week. Caught up on the past 10-15 pages of the board. Will try my best to keep this brief... 

ROOKIES

Kat - I didn't care for Kat after the first episode. After watching 2 and 3 though... how in the world did she make the team? Seriously? That dumpster fire of a solo? Those kicks? 42 on the ranking chart? World class my ass. She's not some world class beauty. She WAS attractive... but what in the world did they do to her hair? Lacks talent and looks worse than when she showed up to audition...

Meredith - Made the team for the same reason I liked Kendall. They took Kelsey over Kendall a few years back and I thought it was all about looks. Meredith is/was the prettiest of the training camp canidates in my opinion. Pretty forgettable dancer.

Bret - I thought she had a nice solo from the clip from the show. Just seems kinda boring when she speaks for some reason...

Lisa - Seems kinda cute? Solo looked good from the 5 seconds we got to see of it. They must have had to cut a lot of the solo performances off the show SO THEY COULD HAVE MORE HIGH FIVES 🤮 (I will be going back another week or two in the forums because I missed Ginagate. And I am also very intrigued to hear about the Julia/Lisa drama)

She who must not be named - Already seen more of her than I wanted to see all season. I feel like we saw more of her solo than anyone elses. Her solo was good. Nothing spectacular? It was like watching a watered down Gina solo. I thought she almost fell and I think another poster confirmed her solo wasnt as flawless and tearjerking as Kelli wanted us to believe..  And she seems to find her way into almost EVERY scripted moment. Must be a coincidence... AND THE ONLY ROOKIE WITH A PERFECT SCORE! That was worth a good laugh...

Lily - I liked her solo. I also thought her makeup was done way better during her solo than we see usually. I also do like her new hair and look from the newest pictures. I think they took her on because she's friends with the girls already and I do think she was done a little dirty with her cut last year.

Madeline S. - Seems like  such a sweetheart. I thought she danced well (I know nothing about dance). Will definitely root for her if she came back next year.

Kate? Katy? - The UCLA girl that Charm vouched for. I like her. Kinda like Madeline S, just seemed more genuine and less scripted (*cough* Amanda *cough*) I wish they would have gave her a chance.

SOLOS

Amy - I know she's getting a lot of hate because of the whole point situation, but I personally like her. Maybe she's not the perfect person for point, but she has an infectious smile? I don't know, just personally always liked her. Kinda the same reason I like Bridget. But I digress... I actually liked her solo. I have nothing against her tap routines from years past but I was kinda glad she at least changed it up (*cough Maddie *cough*)

Maddie - ZZZZZ. I am so glad we didn't have to see the whole routine. I don't think I could stomach it. I actually kinda enjoyed last years solo, but this one fell so flat. And of couse the Melissa Rycroft fangirling was pure cringe, I think Charm agrees with me on that...

Gabby - How long is training camp? Maddie gets away with it over and over again but Gabby gets cut? Voldemort is to be respected, but Gabby gets cut? She wasn't even one of my favorites from last year but I did like her just fine and still think she got shafted. I think it's even worse now because people like Kat and Meredith made the team? Is Gabbys solo anywhere? Was her dancing still up to par? Bogus. She could have been game ready in a week or two. The final team is a disaster? That's what they get... #TeamTara

Hannah - Her dance from the prep class is awesome. Her solo is also good for different reasons? It's the type of dance that gives you a McCoy Moment (I'm sure the man has some real constructive criticism at times, hopefully just editing by CMT) at the end. Just leaves you saying that was kinda hot. And someone please get her a uniform that fits properly this year.

Rachel (younger one) - I really enjoyed what little we saw of her solo. I do think she's one of the more improved dancers from last year. 

Ashlee - People are saying it was the best solo... I dont even remember if they gave us a taste in the episode. I saw a handful of Barbies to people I don't remember seeing their solos...

RANDOM NOTES

I haven't figured out how to quote everyone I'm trying to reply to at once and don't want to flood the board with tons of replies..

Bridget - My current favorite on the team. Fun to watch. That titantron video is adorable. And she seems real endearing with the kids in their community work. Kinda the reasons I like Amy and loved Lauren. 

Point - Would not mind seeing Bridget at point one day. Blonde Rachel has the supermodel look to her, I think if she sticks around she'll be there at some point. But this year I really thought point should have been Gina or Heather. Maddie might be a good dancer, but I side with the people that say she just doesn't have the look for it. I do like her. I think she seems like a real good person. Just front and center? Amy might not be the best dancer or have supermodel looks, but she's cute and seems to have that southern charm about her.

Christina - I don't get all the hate. Not the strongest dancer on the team obviously but she seems like a nice enough girl. I thought the interview question was dumb. It was a softball that she whiffed on. She could have gave any standard beauty pageant answer and been fine. Not enough to have her cut from the team I don't think. Especially with the weakest rookie class since I've been watching the show. And I don't know the full details of her disability but I could understand if she learns her choreography a little differently from everyone else? Maybe I'm not in the know about something here, but I don't mind her. 

Amber - I thought she looked good at point. I know a lot of people are indifferent too her but I think she's pretty and fun to watch.

Ashlee - I thought she was the perfect example of someone that got stronger thru training camp. By the end of training camp last year she was on of my favorites despite being kinda indifferent to her to start

Erin - I remember thinking it was fair the year she got cut. She came back as one of my favorites last year. She improved a lot her year off. 

Kristin - I'm glad she made the team. I thought she danced really well this year. I don't know anything about her technical dancing, but she just seemed a lot more fun to watch this year. She is a bit heavier this year then last year but nothing that can't be taken care of...

Savannah - I know she can be prone to making mistakes sometimes, but she is absolutely adorable and I still enjoy watching her. Can't cut Saaavy

Brennan - Seems like a sweetheart. Never really catches my attention though dancewise.

Rankings Board - Another chance to shoehorn a scripted Voldemort moment into the show. Great. Looking like another season where half the rookies that make it will only have 5 minutes of actual screen time.

Swimsuit Calendar - Of course most of the ladies looked amazing because they naturally look amazing. Doesn't matter because it was ruined by tons of poor photoshopping. Some of the girls were unrecognizable in some of their pictures. Makes no sense to me.

That's it for now. Got plenty of reading to catch up on.

• Love 17

The videos of the kickline are awful. So many low kicks and flexed feet, I spotted Tess on one with really flexed feet. I know it’s their first full performance as a squad but there is a lot more work to be done, more than any season in recent years. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I would like to know why Meredith did not use ALL of last year to practice in the power pom style. Tonight she said she's never done it before and its all new to her. Kelli says "have you ever taken a hip hop class?" And Meredith says no. I would have cut her right then and there. She had ALL YEAR!

You know who else didn’t use all of last year for pom classes? VK. She only started showing up a little bit before the auditions and she was mainly doing lyrical classes.

5 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Her cameo is great. She is hopefully just eating clean.... at her age and with all the exercise she’s getting, her body will see results quickly with a clean diet. 

Her cameo does look great, mainly because this is the first time i’ve seen her hair look great (plus photoshop as another poster said). If they can get her hair look like that in real life and teach her to keep her mouth shut, i can get behind her. Sorta.

4 hours ago, hereforthedrama said:

If you look on Lisa’s Instagram stories, one of the last ones she reposted has them doing TS from the floor smack. Looks like Amy is half a beat behind AS POINT. #ginawasrobbed #ginaforpoint

I thought you were exaggerating but holy crap that was a mess. She was WAY off. I can’t believe they chose this mess over a heather/gina/HONESTLY-ANYONE-ELSE triangle.

4 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

Is that VK out of line (too far in) on the right?

Well most girls were completely out of line. I saw Lisa’s stories and the person in front of her was getting literally in front of her instead of being a bit to the left as she should be. I’m sorry but the sound system has nothing to do with them not making it to the correct placement. It’s difficult to dance to a song you can’t hear, but if you miss your spot then it’s all on you.

4 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Why are they doing this #gamedaychallenge thing on IG now?  Totally taking up time looking for Friends and Family pics and it will probably cut into game day pics tomorrow.

I would love it to be some lowkey shading of VK aka the only one on the team with no real experience.

I have to say that in the first part of ts i can’t spot Gina at all and then i lost Heather. Wtf? Anyway, I think that if 2nd years can get to the first 3 rows so fast and be ahead of all your 3rd years and vets, then maybe you haven’t been making great choices these past few years.

• Love 1

I just want to thank the person who showed us Pluto.TV because I just finished summer quarter today and have a month until autumn quarter. Needless to say I plan on doing nothing besides watch DCC

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

It’s a job not happy snuggly fun time. If you can’t take the heat get out of the kitchen. This is a job, and seeing where they rank will hopefully light a fire under some of them, particularly the vets who should NEVER fall below 36. Unacceptable and a wake up call. 

agree. I mentioned vets falling below 36 on the episode board. 

Sad to say - look at what happens in corporate sometimes... those who are just coasting, or holding down the bottom, or has the lowest (but acceptable) evaluation/performance reviews... well when a RIF comes along.. guess where mgmt/HR eyes sometimes fall to.

Edited by sATL

what did they put on the locker nameplate before they  put the state on the right side?

and which state - some are born in one state, go to school in another state and now they are in texas.

Not sure if I like it... seems braggish as if they are looking for the majority of TX or overly pointing out someone from outside of the US... give me a moment to adjust, I guess. Is this a small way of showing diversity (ie women from all over the world come...) ?

Little trivia as it seems space is not an issue on the nameplate: 

• The three longest state names that are commonly used: Massachusetts, North Carolina, South Carolina. 
  • Iowa . Ohio & Utah have the shortest state name
  • Q is the only letter that does NOT appear in a state name
Edited by sATL
  • Love 3