Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

After taking a day to relax and reflect on everything...

You know what? F it. If Victoria is the price I have to pay for getting to see Lily and Kristin on the team, then so be it. I mean, how bad can it be? Like, really? How bad can it oh who am I kidding....

(But like, MAYBE it won't be that bad. Who knows. She could shock us!)

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Lona said:

After taking a day to relax and reflect on everything...

You know what? F it. If Victoria is the price I have to pay for getting to see Lily and Kristin on the team, then so be it. I mean, how bad can it be? Like, really? How bad can it oh who am I kidding....

(But like, MAYBE it won't be that bad. Who knows. She could shock us!)

I think the general feeling from some across social media is that her edit will be so different from last year.  They will cover up any misbehavior.  I think she could knock the Star over while falling out of a turn and Charlotte wouldn’t bat an overly made up eye.

• LOL 23

I kind of enjoy Kat’s over the top personality, but man ... kicks. KICKS. And solo. She’s lucky to have her looks.

I really, really hope Julia, Shaina, Bret, and Madeline come back.

I loved Bret’s solo bit; I wonder if the kickline eventually did her in.

Shaina and Julia looked good in the little we saw of them. Especially Julia. I can’t fathom why she got cut.

I loved Madeline’s interview.

And Katy might be the most positive person I’ve ever seen on TV. She seems like an excellent teammate.

• Love 15
7 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

We won't be seeing Kitty on the show this year from what I've been told. 

Thank G referenced in FTLOG!

Whether it's from bad edits with CMT or Kitty herself, she was becoming increasingly grating.  With the exception of Morgan and she who deserves our respect, if a candidate had Kitty's approval she was usually a good dancer and DCC ready. So I used to not mind her being tough on the girls regarding dance, but when she started dabbling in their locker room discussions and appearance and hair (pot! kettle!)) she became tough on me, the viewer. Yah?

Of course, last season strained the credibility of almost anyone associated with the show. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I think the general feeling from some across social media is that her edit will be so different from last year.  They will cover up any misbehavior.  I think she could knock the Star over while falling out of a turn and Charlotte wouldn’t bat an overly made up eye.

It really makes me scratch my head as to what the hell they were thinking with that edit last year.  VK looked horribly immature and entitled (and they showed us repeatedly that she lacks the basic skill of proper posture in a pirouette), TK lurking around at Finals signaled the obvious nepotism that was in play, the gross Kitty outburst about VK being “owed” respect, Judy becoming a mute, and of course Kelli coming across as sniveling and indecisive. I can’t believe they actually showed all that in the first place.  But do they really think we’ll completely forget it?  

• Love 23

Sorry if this has been posted already but, does anyone know what happened to vet Lauren? She wasn’t one of the vets shown giving a goodbye speech in the second episode even though she was in the locker room. But I didn’t see her re-audition. I’m assuming she decided to retire sometime in between. But does anyone know more?

10 minutes ago, Peanutflutter33 said:

Sorry if this has been posted already but, does anyone know what happened to vet Lauren? She wasn’t one of the vets shown giving a goodbye speech in the second episode even though she was in the locker room. But I didn’t see her re-audition. I’m assuming she decided to retire sometime in between. But does anyone know more?

She had a hamstring injury and from what I understand, it would not be healed in time for auditions. She chose to retire close to the date auditions started. I'm sure someone here can give you a much more detailed explanation.

Kat got into TC because of her look- she’s stunning. She also came with an excellent dance resume, according to Kelli. That’s probably why they put her through. It’ll be interesting to see how she does in TC, obviously she ultimately makes the team. 

• Love 18
9 hours ago, MTTFan said:

It's official.  Kat is the new VK and that it is saying something.

Forgets her dance and can't kick.  Not to mention the "they have more to lose."  Honey, at least they had something to lose.

Uggggh why K&J just why?

Would love to know the back story on that edit.

Totally agree with you about Kat!  After last nights episode, I could do without seeing anymore of her!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

Kat got into TC because of her look- she’s stunning. She also came with an excellent dance resume, according to Kelli. That’s probably why they put her through. It’ll be interesting to see how she does in TC, obviously she ultimately makes the team. 

EXACTLY. I also think that they needed to take the focus off of VK so they found a fall guy named Kat. K&J picked a few struggles for TC...not just Kat. IMO based on TRYOUTS they shouldnt of taken Gina, Alexandria or Kat (and I'm a Kat fan), however Kat almost lost me last night.

Edited by GeorgiaPeach11
  • Love 10

Also, why in the hell would you sing at auditions for a dancing job?? Did u hear Kelli' s joke about how her vocal cords were moving..lmao. I took that to mean she isn't a good singer. Smdh

Also, can someone please ask Hannah to post her entire solo so we can see it!!

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Dal8las said:

She is so damn pretty! Like im so happy she made it. I just have to see her dance dance and she might push Kristin out of the top spot on my list haha..

In this photo the only thing missing is the bird feather at the corner of her mouth!

• LOL 1

Im sorry ive seen peps say Gabby had a belly....she didn't have a belly she was just loose...which as we all know Maddie has been for years now...she just needed to tone it up with like a 30 min ab workout thats all it wasnt something that was career changing.  Megan C who was super out of shape, Meredith Oden who also cheered for two season super out of shape, Danielle, Jenn K omg that girl was hefty sometimes...I just want them to be fair for once. The pecking order should be balanced. Gabby can dance too Idk it just really bothered me.

9 hours ago, M1977G said:

Wow, I was sure I never would catch up on this thread! I kept reading and new page numbers kept appearing faster than I could click to the next page. And then I got to the pages of "Gina quit" hysteria, which was pretty...hysterical. Not to say my heart didn't pound a bit when the "news" first broke. But that was one of the funniest things I've ever seen and experienced on this forum. I loved it! 

I'm beyond underwhelmed by the Amy-Maddie point thing. And when I look at dance photos of Caroline, I keep thinking, I can't wait til this woman is in the triangle and hopefully point! That photo posted above is beautiful. She always has gorgeous lines and extensions, but that photo is fierce. I, too, love Rachel W.'s expression. She's on the edge of her seat watching her team mate. I truly do not understand selecting Maddie or Amy--let alone both of them--over performers like Caroline and Gina. Someone posted a GIF of the DCC (I think it was at Hall of Fame), and Kash's first year at triangle, Amy was back in the third row and not even on the front line of the triangle. So, I'm not sure what sense it makes for the new point to have been literally so far behind the previous point, especially as I think they were in the same rookie class. It just suggests that TPTB did not see Amy as being on par with Kash, and now she has a better spot than Lacey ever had. Puh-leaze. 

I am not yet familiar with enough of the TCCs (now rookie DCCs!) to weigh in on the forum question if this is the blandest rookie class ever. So far, from what Ive seen in the first two episodes (waiting for episode 3 on iTunes, sadly), it's a good thing this is a small rookie bunch. Currrently, I feel fine about Julia's cut. She's a good dancer, but I don't think she's that pretty and she looks like she's 40. I do think that the 2nd years are carrying the majority of the team's fierceness and wow factor, and it sucks a bit for them that they are backup dancers to Amy and Maddie. Hopefully, A & M at least will model excellent leadership to the more junior DCC and then both will freaking retire. I expect Maddie has nothing else on her horizon and will want to stay to be teachers' pet for a while. [Insert eye roll.] I can only hope her position at point is supplanted next year by rockstars, or at least that she is flanked by photogenic powerhouse dancers in next year's triangle. Lexie definitely is there to "pretty up" the gameday photos of the triangle, but I want some real badass dancers up there next year. This is the first year since I started watching the show I've actively disliked the selection of triangle and point girl(s), and it is a bummer. I'll be over there with @go4luca watching Bridget--and Caroline, Gina, Amber, Rachel W., Ashlee, Hannah, Cianna, Heather, Tess, and pretty much anyone who is not Amy, Maddie, or Miranda.

The other Rachel is good too, just not showcased sadly

• Love 8
1 hour ago, JerseyGirl said:

Okay with out the CMT editing I can honestly say........The Corn Is Ripe girl please stop. Jesus, and I actually dont have anything against Maddie besides she thinks she can dance like TLC...like go watch Chili who is 48 do a dance challenge on IG and see how its done. 

Also I loved the girl that sang and then danced...how did she not make it in..im guessing bad kicks...curious

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
13 minutes ago, Dal8las said:

The other Rachel is good too, just not showcased sadly

Yes!! I've been a fan of Rachel A since her rookie audition, and I've always felt she gets overlooked a bit--I even overlooked her on my list (my bad!). I think she has been getting more spotlight as she enters year 3, which I am pleased to see. She made Show Group, has gotten some good calendar features, and she's been selected for some of the promo videos (like with Bradie James). I was hoping she'd be a 2nd leader this year, and if she sticks around for another year, I will keep hoping for that. She was a captain of a national championship college dance team, so she has both serious dance skills and leadership experience. Her weight has been a bit of an issue with her, I think, with TPTB, but given Miranda has been in the same boat and isn't (in my opinion) as good a dancer or as pretty and still got 2nd leader, I still wonder how/why they overlooked Rachel A for a leadership position this year. Love her shorter haircut!

Oh, and Maddie's solo. Cute and she has some good moves, but seriously? It was whatever to me. Yes, it was exactly the same as last year's, down to that awkward aerial cartwheel landing in a plie with elbows on knees trying to look krunk or something. The sweat stains in her pits were not sexy and neither were all those cutsey pageant faces she made throughout the whole thing. 

Edited by M1977G
Maddie speil
  • LOL 3
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, M1977G said:

Yes!! I've been a fan of Rachel A since her rookie audition, and I've always felt she gets overlooked a bit--I even overlooked her on my list (my bad!). I think she has been getting more spotlight as she enters year 3, which I am pleased to see. She made Show Group, has gotten some good calendar features, and she's been selected for some of the promo videos (like with Bradie James). I was hoping she'd be a 2nd leader this year, and if she sticks around for another year, I will keep hoping for that. She was a captain of a national championship college dance team, so she has both serious dance skills and leadership experience. Her weight has been a bit of an issue with her, I think, with TPTB, but given Miranda has been in the same boat and isn't (in my opinion) as good a dancer or as pretty and still got 2nd leader, I still wonder how/why they overlooked Rachel A for a leadership position this year. Love her shorter haircut!

Me too she would have been a great leader...over Alexis...Alexis is pretty and all but she was super lazy last season on the field no power nothing. However, its about favorites yawns

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, M1977G said:

I love Rachel A. too and that short hair cut on her is fierce. I think it's exactly what she needed to not blend with all the other brunettes. 

If a veteran wants to change their hair do they have to get permission from K&J?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

Obviously the resume got her in, because the solo sucked and the kick line left a lot to be desired. Gracie is much better, they obviously didn’t take her because she isn’t up to their beauty standards, but shit, neither is Maddie or Amy for that matter and they are front and center. Ok I’m going to shut up now cause I’m getting pissed off and am about to go on a rant about hypocrisy and double standards. And Victoria’s damn bugs bunny teeth, smh

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I went back to check who made it to TC because I have no memory at all.  Meredith did make it didn't she?   Her photo isn't x-ed out.   

I would be careful on this particular blog because, the team was announced like 5 pages back...so if you dont know the team dont go back on the pages you will spoil it for yourself.

12 hours ago, Jennv said:

Obviously the resume got her in, because the solo sucked and the kick line left a lot to be desired. Gracie is much better, they obviously didn’t take her because she isn’t up to their beauty standards, but shit, neither is Maddie or Amy for that matter and they are front and center. Ok I’m going to shut up now cause I’m getting pissed off and am about to go on a rant about hypocrisy and double standards. And Victoria’s damn bugs bunny teeth, smh

Do it Do it ! hahahah its cleansing. I think we should take a stand and write to Kelli and Judi and be like meet us at the STAR, its about to be a dance off hahaha

Edited by Dal8las
  • Love 3

I’m just now watching the episode and I seriously think Savannah is the most beautiful person I’ve ever seen. I would watch hours of her just existing lmfao. She’s just so pretty to me. Also I absolutely love Katy, I hope she loses weight and comes back next year, I can see her as a future point girl

Edited by chrishunt
  • Love 13
19 hours ago, DanceProf said:

I have to say that I just have a really hard time with the concept of holding an adult accountable for the decisions, actions, and behavior of another adult.  I know there was more to the story and I'm not an insider, but the whole thing as it was portrayed on the show was ridiculous.  

I hear what you're saying about the "concept of holding an adult accountable for the decisions, actions, and behavior of another adult." However, adults are held accountable for adults all the time in a concept called manager/employee. I was a manager of 15 girls at 21. I did fine, as have many others throughout the work field. 

While being a Group Leader isn't in the same league as a manager, there are expectations. Neither Holly nor Jenna were cut from the team because of the incidents. They were reprimanded, and that reprimand had a consequence, but neither was cut. Holly resigned.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, KatebytheSea said:

I hear what you're saying about the "concept of holding an adult accountable for the decisions, actions, and behavior of another adult." However, adults are held accountable for adults all the time in a concept called manager/employee. I was a manager of 15 girls at 21. I did fine, as have many others throughout the work field. 

While being a Group Leader isn't in the same league as a manager, there are expectations. Neither Holly nor Jenna were cut from the team because of the incidents. They were reprimanded, and that reprimand had a consequence, but neither was cut. Holly resigned.

Holly said " The D TOO good to be doing kicklines for $120 a game " BAHAHAHAHAH

giphy.gif

Edited by Dal8las
  • LOL 17
On 8/12/2019 at 6:44 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Didn't she pull her hair out of a clip during her routine?  And it went kind of crazy?  

Yes, because it provides clarity.  The judges are looking for clarity.  Sometimes you need a little clarity.  

I am coming back from weeks of being gone having my 12-year-old in hospital from a heart attack. So this really made me laugh hard. What's so funny is I deeply feel K&J&C lack true clarity. SO up each other's backsides poo doesn't smell like poo anymore to them. Geez....thanks for the laugh :)

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, KatebytheSea said:

The difference being you were responsible for them at the job site. You weren’t expected to follow them home and police what they do, who they date, where they go in their personal life. At some point people have be responsible for themselves.

• Love 16
19 minutes ago, Dal8las said:
23 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I went back to check who made it to TC because I have no memory at all.  Meredith did make it didn't she?   Her photo isn't x-ed out.   

I would be careful on this particular blog because, the team was announced like 5 pages back...so if you dont know the team dont go back on the pages you will spoil it for yourself.

Oh I don't mind the spoilers at all.  My memory goes on vacay every now and then so when I watch the show I'm surprised all over again.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
25 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Since this is a spoilers thread, here ya go thanks to @Tootie.  😊

1110591030_2019-08-15(29).png.565fca6513628413ba22fa9c10916a69.png

• Love 6
1 hour ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

Umm am I delirious or did Maddies solo seem just like the one she did last year. I honestly don't think her version of hip hop is hip hop at all...Everyone is so impressed but I don't think Charm was. I mean she practically moonwalked from side to side and did a couple of flips. Sorry I was not a fan of her solo. 

Last year's solo came off cute and different from the audition norm.  Still vanilla hip hop but enough different that it captured attention.

1 hour ago, Pickles said:

Not a fan of Maddie. That hip hop dance was cringey. 

This year's version was not as good, utilized the same moves and overall was boring.

I thought the veterans are supposed to "bring it" and show improvement. 

Charm, I felt everything your expression showed while watching Maddie's solo.  #Lackluster

• Love 17

Ranking of girls after this ep.

1. Kristin - Still holds down my top spot.

2. Meredith - She is winning 

3. Lisa - Fire dancer

4. Chandi - Didnt get to see much of her

5. Amanda - Amazing dancer

6. Kelcey - Ok Erica Wilkins 2.0

7. Taylor - Haven't seen her yet but moving her up based off what I have seen from others.

8. Lily - still is boring to me as a dancer

9. VK - Im rooting for her, but I personally didnt like her solo I thought she had nice moments, but other moments she was counting in her head and her turns....

10. Kat - Girl bye

Edited by Dal8las
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

OK, this my last and final statement on weight discrepancy that the DCC and K&J seem to have.

Reasons it is a big deal to me:

1. They have taken girls in with bigger weight issues than Gabby and they have been able to become Group Leaders/Points.

2. Mentally you can damage a person's psyche. Need I mention Courtney who had to leave the squad because of an eating disorder. Im pretty sure a lot of the girls have some sort of mental anguish now from their time on this team and it needs to be brought up. Remember that crazy Chelsea, I think she was right that sometimes the judging is out of line..I've seen these girls in person multiple times, they are Kate Moss skinny it looks painful. 

3. Not to bring up or start fights, but when it comes to diversity/racial issuesit does seem like the white girls get passes when it comes to belly giggles and it just frustrates me so much.

Now I understand it's their job to stay in shape and had Gabby been like that girl Katy I would have been ok with her cut, but to me the wiggle she had was something that could be fixed before season. She wasn't fat in the least bit.

EX. of girls with similar or more wiggle jiggle that went through Finals and TC looking like this and still made the team... I mean come on now....B8BFC11C-47E3-47C8-9EC7-0E6306B630F0.jpeg.f886118386a9d21305c4b38f2a8e9e67.thumb.jpg.806183a04956382faa1bfaa1704f74c4.jpg

A236C218-F4CF-4F69-ADC1-7514D49F8188.jpeg.d67e407b391203482356439ef21e3fe2.thumb.jpg.7bdc038adf2896aec5504cc5c5da5ddd.jpg11ec9bfce7cf682cfcb58165439faa08.jpg.3c8dba0ad4c2f8cb83efa18c15734141.jpg32733735695_64a7cd563f_z.jpg.bb7d797d6b15a83cec124bca96b07105.jpg930ac7af442ce727e3ca2a283fef961c.jpg.9f1d5f17168b89421f3b2b0ea6444bb7.jpg

download.jpg

Edited by Dal8las
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Miranda wrote her a note about taking care of that shoulder and now rumors are just flying:/

Rumors?! Nah, can’t imagine THAT happening!😂

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
On 8/15/2019 at 12:29 AM, Loves2Dance said:

This may seem true and fair, but if they want to brand themselves as role models then they need to consider racial diversity when selecting a team. If they want to inspire young girls to get into dance class, follow their dreams, aim big and aspire to be them aka spend money on their merch, come to their meet n greets and try to attend their performances...then they need to make more effort to actually look like their customer base. 

That is why racial diversity matters. 

But, it's the DCC, it's Texas and it's the Jones family so it'll go ignored, but it really shouldn't. 

SO glad you expanded on this. Because diversity is not the same as diverse looks. Lawd knows they find much less significant and completely fictitious reasons to place or cut people anyway. So this is nothing to avoid, because...reasons...(cough limited scope of human value, and devoid of what real people want)

• Love 6
10 hours ago, go4luca said:

Can someone please explain to me how in seven hells Kat made it not only into TC but onto the team as well?!  

There better be some Gandalf level Phoenix rising from the ashes shit happening during TC because otherwise, TBTB had a hella lot of magic mushrooms circulating for this to happen.  Seriously.  I’d love to see the team grow some diversity but not like this.  I can’t even get my brain wrapped around her cray level of whacked.

Feel free to send me a therapy bill.

100% agree

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I'm thinking we are going to see a "miraculous" turn around for Kat.  I wasn't crazy about her at first, but she seems to have a very dorky personality that would be well received in the locker room.  She seems to be able to laugh at herself right now.  

I didn't think I was going to like Charmin but I do now.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Jennv said:

The difference being you were responsible for them at the job site. You weren’t expected to follow them home and police what they do, who they date, where they go in their personal life. At some point people have be responsible for themselves.

Sorry, but these girls are on a job site. They receive a wage for being a DCC, a wage they agreed to. I'm not remotely trying to be combative here, but they signed a contract binding them to adhere to DCC code of conduct. How is this not a job? Vets returning to auditions have even said this is a job. 

Edited by KatebytheSea
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6

The only possible thing I can think of (beside nefarious situations aka making room for a favorite or something, cough) would be that (I think) Gabby was on WW last season and then got into good shape for the calendar shoot. Likely they told her to stay at that weight and then she comes into auditions looking much softer than her calendar weight. As for why some have their weight either overlooked or tolerated better, I guess it is just favoritism. Or, more properly worded, unjust favoritism. JMO

Edited by Agent Gully
always helps to mention the gal I am talking about...
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, KatebytheSea said:

Does anyone know who the All Stars are this year?

Nicole (Season 5 Rookie), Emma (Season 6 Rookie), Danielle (Season 7 Rookie), Lacey (Season 9 Rookie), Stephanie (Season 10 Rookie), Tasha (Season 11 Rookie) , Kelli (Season 11 Rookie) and Khalyn (Season 11 Rookie)! 😊

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Gabby was on weight watch during the season. She slimmed down for calendar and then gained again for tryouts. They probably just didn’t want to fight that anymore and there were rookie candidates they wanted to take. 

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5