Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

I'm excited for all the rookies who made it. Good for Lily and Kristen, and they might win me over this season. I still don't know why I like Taylor, since they hardly have shown her, but she was one I was blindly pulling for this summer. I hope we eventually get to see and hear from her and the other rookies on the show, and not just VK, Kat, and those who get cut. 

I'm a bit troubled when people say Chandi has a "unique look" or that she made the team for diversity reasons. She is beautiful, yes, but seriously, her "exotic" look is not that "unique" in terms of global populations or even here in the US. I think that POV just shows the narrowness of the DCC look and perceptions of what an America's Sweetheart looks like. Although we have yet to see extensive footage of her dancing, I would say that she appeared to be among the strongest rookie candidates--solid training and technique, showmanship (especially that gorgeous smile), natural beauty, and in the semis episode, she seemed to catch on to the choreography more quickly and accurately than just about any other rookie candidate. So, I feel like suggesting she made it only because she's exotic or checks the diversity box is a disservice to her and to the perception that diversity only brings difference--one of the main arguments for diversity is that it can promote excellence and inclusivity. Now, as for Kat, I will have to wait and see what I think; I suspect that this is part of what went in her favor, but we've seen before that they sometimes take girls just because they are so pretty or have big sex appeal. However, it rarely is a woman of color for whom they make that particular choice, so I don't know. Maybe she miraculously started nailing all the choreo and kicks in the final weeks of camp and will be a standout rookie. Maybe she'll be a one and done. Interested to see how she does in camp...I'm just hoping that's not all we see in the next episodes.

Can anybody elaborate on the rumored dislike or beef between Julia and Lisa, please? I've been intrigued by the crumbs of discord dropped here and there, including the suggestion Lisa went out to celebrate after Julia got cut. I'm more intrigued after perusing Instagram and finding a posting by Lisa that included a pic of her and Julia smiling and Julia commented on it "my loves" or something like that. And then a flattering comment on one of Julia's pics by Lisa. Are they frenemies? I feel like I just need more dirt all around on the Mavs Dancers (including Ashley and what went wrong with her in TC) and their team culture and why so few made the DCC. Whoever has tea, please spill!

Edited by M1977G
  • Love 13
15 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I think the general feeling from some across social media is that her edit will be so different from last year.  They will cover up any misbehavior.  I think she could knock the Star over while falling out of a turn and Charlotte wouldn’t bat an overly made up eye.

I wouldn't be surprised by this at all. I will take it one step further and say that VK could probably even get away with dating a Cowboys player & Kelli would be like "Of course a player wants to date Victoria. She's beautiful and he has great taste!"

• LOL 10
  • Love 8
28 minutes ago, Saraher said:

I feel like every year there is a sacrificial vet who is cut. Not because the deserve it but is so Kelly can “prove” not all vets are safe. It has nothing to do with talent it is just to “scare” others or viewers who arnt educated on what happens on the team in real life. 

too bad it was Gabby and not Christina 

1 minute ago, Bellisima08 said:

I wouldn't be surprised by this at all. I will take it one step further and say that VK could probably even get away with dating a Cowboys player & Kelli would be like "Of course a player wants to date Victoria. She's beautiful and he has great taste!"

I wouldn't either, but if it happened and people knew about it, I would expect a mass exodus.

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:

Hell, she could blow the whole team and not get cut. Not that I think she would, she is annoying and entitled, but I don’t get a free love vibe off her.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Jennv said:

Hell, she could blow the whole team and not get cut. Not that I think she would, she is annoying and entitled, but I don’t get a free love vibe off her.

Based on absolutely nothing at all (coughlastseasoncough) I am sure that she is very high maintenance.

Edited by MTTFan
feeling salty
  • LOL 7
6 hours ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

THIS!!! 1000% agree. Also, idk the girls name that tried out at finals but didn't make it but she was a light skinned African American girl with curly hair..actually there were 2 with curly hair one a bit darker than the other, anyway they were adorable but both got cut. I would really like to know why.

Also please tell me that I was not the only one that not8ced the exchanged look between Melissa and Charm when they were discussing Malena. 

I thought the trainee with short curly hair was doing great and shocked she wasn’t taken into camp too. And I did see the look between charm and Melissa about Malena. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, salease said:

I thought the trainee with short curly hair was doing great and shocked she wasn’t taken into camp too. And I did see the look between charm and Melissa about Malena. 

was it just me or did Malena look thisclose to breaking out in tears?

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Jennv said:
7 hours ago, KatebytheSea said:

Sorry, but these girls are on a job site. They receive a wage for being a DCC, a wage they agreed to. I'm not remotely trying to be combative here, but they signed a contract binding them to adhere to DCC code of conduct. How is this not a job? Vets returning to auditions have even said this is a job. 

I didn’t say it wasn’t a job, but Jenna was not holly’s boss. Kelli is. Jenna wasn’t her group leader, Jinelle was.

Plus, they weren't on the clock at a job site, they were at a bar.  I think as a friend Jenna should not have done that, but IMO she had no obligation as one of the team's GLs.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, salease said:

And I did see the look between charm and Melissa about Malena. 

They did both love her.  I liked the look between them when Melissa was going crazy over Maddie's solo, and Charm was just smiling politely:)

5 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

was it just me or did Malena look thisclose to breaking out in tears?

Oh no, she was upset.  But tbh, she came back with straggly hair, bad makeup, bad costume and no improvement from last year.  

• Love 5

Even though I don't care for her hip hop, I thought I should add in Maddie's defense I would fall flat out on my butt if I tried anything she did during her solo.   She definitely is an entertainer.  I'm going to try and cut her some slack and see how she does during TC.  

• Love 10

Ok, so episode three is in the can and its off to the training camp races. I have to say I enjoy this part of the auditions the most, but I really wish we could see more of the interviews and the dances. That being said. here are my thoughts:

The interviews are always interesting to see although the more cringeworthy moments are uncomfortable to watch at times. That one girl who didn't know who Jerry Jones was or Charlotte was for that matter?! Yikes! I mean seriously, when you are interviewing with a public organization, you'd better know who the head honcho is! Christina was bad to watch as well. That whole bit with the uniform stars was unbelievable, particularly after she said she's been asked what the stars mean before. I shudder to think what she's come up with to explain it when she's been asked in public. At least she had the self-awareness to know she bombed. I did like the joke that Kat came up with on the fly even if it was a little corny.

For the dances, I really enjoyed Kelcey, Bret, Shaina, Katy, Madeline S (hope they all try out again) Vet Maddie, & Vet Hannah the best. Their costumes were all amazing and they had great energy. Kat was just terrible & she's so lucky she got in. The costume, the prop cane, the style of dance & her hair were all a mess. Christina seemed really tense & like she was trying too hard. I also didn't like Amanda. Her outfit was a bit too stripper-like & I was getting Kalyssa vibes from her. As for VK......I can't even! From the moment Kelli went "Oh" and swooned on the table as she watched I was over it! I mean they spent the most time on her dance & it was not the best one! Rookie Kelcey was better than her! Only vet Maddie got near the same amount of focus!

As for the stuff on the field, I was not impressed with Meredith or Ashley & I don't think they should have made it into training camp. I did think that Katy & Gabby danced well & should have been let in with the chance to improve & lose the weight as they both seem really nice.

Random thoughts: Madeline S. became even more awesome to me after her comment about not being a legacy until you make the team. I mean what a class act to not be riding your mom's coattails when with VK you have the other side of the coin with "my mom Tina did this" or having Kelli recreating a Tina photo with VK.  I really hope Madeline does try out again.

And speaking of VK, enough with the water cooler pep-talks! My roommate said she could hear me groaning from the other room. It's funny because she doesn't watch the show, but she knows when VK is onscreen by the noises of disgust I make. Whenever I groan or yell at the TV, she's taken to calling out to me "what's VK done now?"

And then there's Kat. I have moments of liking her, but her personality is turning me off a bit. Its a bit too overenthusiastic & makes it seem likes she's trying to hard. Now it could just be nervous energy, but she's got to reign it in. Hopefully training camp will help her learn to calm down.

At any rate, it was pretty good to watch, but I'm ready to get into the meat of training camp.

• Love 13

Jalyn 2018: If you're going to take tips from anybody, it would be Jinelle

Jalyn 2019: They know we can do those double turns

I have a hunch as to why Jalyn didn't make show group. #justiceforjalyn 😉

Other notes:

Ashley's solo was awesome, I want to see all of Hannah's. The clips we saw were straight fire. Amber's also looked great and I want to see all of it. MORE SOLOS PLEASE!

Maddie's solo was okay but I thought the other woman (Jamilla?) who did hip hop was so. much. better. I wanted to see more of that. 

I really like Katy, she seemed like a total sweetheart and would interact with fans well. I like that Charm stood up for her. I also like Madeline and Bret, not happy either of them didn't make it. 

Kristin looked awesome on the field. Go Kristin! I think Lily is really stressed about making this team (just more quietly than others). 

Gabby's cut was heartbreaking, I teared up.

• Love 17

I'm one that didn't think Christina's answer was that bad. I mean she should know the "right" answer I guess, but I thought the dramatic music and reactions from the judges was a bit over the top. Lol like you need to have a deep and profound answer to that if a freaking little girl comes up and asks that question! Puhlease! Ha

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Jennv said:

I have to ask WTF is the right answer? I assume the star represents the lone star state, but knowing the Jones family of narcissism, is the correct answer that the star represents the the star that shines out of Charlotte’s asshole and lights up the world?

The star represents what Victoria is in Kelli's eyes.

I think some of this is well, if people don't think VK is good enough to make the squad, we'll show how much she has improved in her dancing.  If we keep showing it, they will see just how much.

If people think VK is rude and entitled, we'll show her getting along with everyone - in every episode.  They'll see that she is a sweet, supportive teammate.  We just have to keep showing them!!!

Edited by scorpio1031
  • LOL 19
  • Love 5

A few comments pages back it was said that Kat only made it because of her looks. Even if that's true she isn't the 1st DCC  nor will she be the last that has made it into camp because of her looks. I'm a Kat fan but to refresh memories I've listed a couple that I felt couldn't dance well at all but it was overlooked because they are gorgeous

Abigail Klein and Kelsey Lo. I'm sure some want to throw something at me but I stand by my opinion.. They couldn't dance.

Edited by GeorgiaPeach11
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

Abigail Klein and Kelsey Lo. I'm sure some want to throw something at me but I stand by my opinion.. They couldn't dance.

No, I agree, but I liked Kelsey.  Abigail, I was a fan and then....not so much.

1 hour ago, salease said:

What was the look that they shared? I didn't see it.

Also, I know this has been discussed before but can't recall whats' been said. It's very clear that VK is getting a "careful and flattering edit." That's fine with me. But who ordered that? Kelli? Charlotte? Do they approve or disapprove all the editing for the show? And has Natalie Woods always worked for MTT or was she purposefully brought in?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

What was the look that they shared? I didn't see it.

Also, I know this has been discussed before but can't recall whats' been said. It's very clear that VK is getting a "careful and flattering edit." That's fine with me. But who ordered that? Kelli? Charlotte? Do they approve or disapprove all the editing for the show? And has Natalie Woods always worked for MTT or was she purposefully brought in?

The look was during deliberations. Wait I didn't see Natalie was she on last night's episode?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

They did both love her.  I liked the look between them when Melissa was going crazy over Maddie's solo, and Charm was just smiling politely:)

Oh no, she was upset.  But tbh, she came back with straggly hair, bad makeup, bad costume and no improvement from last year.  

Lolol..Charm didn't seem impressed at all with Maddies solo.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7

My theory as to why they cut Julia is that Charlotte expressed her dislike during finals so she probably didn't have a chance. I couldn't make out exactly what she said about Juilia but it was negative. Did anyone else hear what she said during deliberations?

Edited by GeorgiaPeach11

I started my own company last August so I had NO time and am now frantically reading though all of the boards,just binged watched last season and have seen these new episodes. Can someone please tell me what happened with Jayln?  I really like her!  Or, please direct me to the thread to read?I have read over 200 pages of this thread, but i think i missed it! 😂

There is a lot to catch up on!

PS- I really like Lily because she reminds me of the head Heather in the original 1988 Heathers. 🤣 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097493/mediaviewer/rm227921408

• Love 2
1 minute ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

My theory as to why they cut Julia is that Charlotte expressed her dislike during panels so she probably didn't have a chance. I couldn't make out exactly what she said about Juilia but it was negative. Did anyone else hear what she said during deliberations?

Needed to lighten the makeup cause it was coming across strong on the board.  Yes I know - pot kettle black

• Love 7
Just now, scorpio1031 said:

Needed to lighten the makeup cause it was coming across strong on the board.  Yes I know - pot kettle black

FTLOG! Really?? Makeup..lol. She is extra..why complain about something that simple and an easy fix.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

Wait I didn't see Natalie was she on last night's episode?

She's been a producer for I think the last two seasons.

9 minutes ago, omgtv said:

Can someone please tell me what happened with Jayln?  I really like her!  Or, please direct me to the thread to read?I have read over 200 pages of this thread, but i think i missed it! 😂

Jalyn didn't make SG.  The rumor was that she gave corrections to VK, who didn't like it.  She was not going to make final 36.  However, we were then told it was a bad audition and as you can see, she did make the final team.  So, who knows.........

• Useful 2
4 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

She's been a producer for I think the last two seasons.

Jalyn didn't make SG.  The rumor was that she gave corrections to VK, who didn't like it.  She was not going to make final 36.  However, we were then told it was a bad audition and as you can see, she did make the final team.  So, who knows.........

Thank you!!!

• Love 1

I will would bet my life they told VK ahead of time the question on cutting one of the three. 

Her pause was well calculated and the answer just golden. 

Maddie wearing that same  hip hop costume , again? Ummmm how lame.

Hannahs solo was literally one contortion trick after another. Not dance. Reminds me of little gymnast girls dancing in living room making up routines at a slumber party. 

Edited by RockYou
  • LOL 8
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Jennv said:

I have to ask WTF is the right answer? I assume the star represents the lone star state, but knowing the Jones family of narcissism, is the correct answer that the star represents the the star that shines out of Charlotte’s asshole and lights up the world?

Being born & raised in Texas, I'll give this one a go.

I would have said that the star represents Texas and being the best.  It symbolizes being the greatest you can be and representing the star/state with dignity, pride & class.  When you wear the star, you know you are representing the best, not just the state, but the Cowboys as well.  (as a bitter Houston Oiler fan, that one hurt).  It's Texas pride and Cowboy pride. 

I include the state bits because most of the judges are from Texas & you'll get em the Texas pride emotion that is bred into Texans from birth. At least a few of them would think "that girl gets it (Texas)"

• Love 13
8 hours ago, hypeman said:

Damn, Ashlee looked fabulous!

Proud of Ashlee for getting a prominent tole in promos,  Show Group, etc.. She is the most powerful of the WOC dancers, so well-deserved!  Could someone please post her actual solo video, not just a still shot?  I'd love to see it!!  Thanks in advance!  

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, DKay said:

Proud of Ashlee for getting a prominent tole in promos,  Show Group, etc.. She is the most powerful of the WOC dancers, so well-deserved!  Could someone please post her actual solo video, not just a still shot?  I'd love to see it!!  Thanks in advance!  

I still love what she said to CMT cameras the night they announced the team last year.  About it being "hard work that gets you to this moment right here" I think I'm remembering it correctly.

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, RockYou said:

Hannahs solo was literally one contortion trick after another. Not dance. Reminds me of little gymnast girls dancing in living room making up routines at a slumber party. 

Very similar to former DCC Kat Rogers' solo the 2nd time. A lot of gymnastics and not much dancing. She also had that ribbon dancer thing she used.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, DKay said:

If you click on the picture, it takes you to the video on instagram. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

If you click on the picture, it takes you to the video on instagram. 

I'm the minority on this one, but i just watched her solo and i wasnt impressed. I mean, obviously i cant dance, so yes she is talented...but the way her solo was raved about, i was expecting to be blown away...i just thought it was fine. I wasn't blown away by maddie's solo either. To me, it looked like a lot of the moves she did were wrong, incomplete, or un polished. I suppose it is a feat in itself for Shirley Temple to bust out some hiphop...but i wasn't wowed 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, hereforthedrama said:

It's one of the last things Ashlee did. It's the lasso, arm cross, shimmy down they do in thunderstruck 

OK I think I got it....about an 8 count before the end of the song?