Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Dal8las said:

So like im thinking Lexie or Miranda for Probowl this year, but it will probs go to Maddie or Amy yawning

I thought VK had it?

*hits sarcasm emoji*

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Now that I know who made the team I’m just about over this season & it makes me kind of sad TPTB & CMT have sucked the integrity & joy out of the show the thought of watching Veruca 2.0 for another how many episodes & the fact that she made show group over Jailyn & Erin & what other vets let alone rookies that are probably spin perfect pirouettes  over her & we’ve yet to see Kitty who lost all my respect last year. I have been a DCC admirer since I was a little girl & now almost over it. Congrats to the girls who truly earned their boots I hope all your dreams come true without having to sacrifice your soul... yes ma’am... 

• Love 22
23 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

Sweet Madeline Grace Salter is the only one doing in full hearted. I hope she comes back next year and makes the team. I was disappointed that she was cut. 

Same here. After seeing how well she did at auditions, knowing that she was going to get cut made it hard to watch. I hope she tries out again next year as well.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, StarWarner said:

Here are two pics of Amanda when she was on Face Off.  I think there's a Face Off forum with some photos of her, too. 

I actually think she's beautiful. I like her wide eyes and the fact that she's not just a cookie-cutter blonde. 

amadadilksfo1.jpg

amadadilksfo2.jpg

Amanda is so gorgeous. A 50 yard line girl.

She gives me a distinct Russian vibe. Must be from her mothers side, but on the other hand, her dad also looks Russian.

Anyhow, she is a valuable addition to the team with already so much glam, she glammifies everything in her path. If you see how much more a DCC develops during her tenure, I cannot imagine Amanda's growth!

This crop of new DCC's is just what the squad needed! Kelcey, Kat, Amanda, Kristen: four exponents of the so much needed wow factor.  

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Little bit longer clip working with Cirque du Soleil.

I could care less about seeing this stuff. Yes, it was nice listening to the girls retiring but I don’t need to see them swinging on a ring. Show me more solos! The stuff about how they actually make the team. Can you tell I don’t like the stuff where they boast about all they get to do. 🤣🤣

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Cruisegirl said:

I could care less about seeing this stuff. Yes, it was nice listening to the girls retiring but I don’t need to see them swinging on a ring. Show me more solos! The stuff about how they actually make the team. Can you tell I don’t like the stuff where they boast about all they get to do. 🤣

That's what I was thinking!!  They showed the speeches last week, so I thought that was it.  More solos!!!!

• Love 5
Just now, DCCFanInKy said:

Has Kitty ever been a judge or just technical coach?

Kitty was there during the SG auditioms

Just now, scorpio1031 said:

Wow!  That's a first.

Just a coach - she teaches too many of the girls.  

She is also a judge for the SG auditions

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Based on Ep3 you can not convince me that Kat or Christina belongs on the team over Julia or pretty much anyone else that was cut.  My mind is blown....I haven’t danced on a team since I was a Strutter in 91 and I could have done a way better solo than Kat.  WTH is even happening?!?!?

Edited by klh25
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Pau84 said:

Kitty was there during the SG auditioms

She is also a judge for the SG auditions

She was not there this year; try outs or SG auditions.

We won't be seeing Kitty on the show this year from what I've been told. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
11 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

I just watched that part again where she was speaking to the judges and she said something like, “no more than 10 spots available”

I’ve only watched so 1 so far, and this stuck out in my head too. The way she says it, it’s like “about 10” well... you should know exactly how many spots you have, and it seemed so contrived. Suspicious for sure, so will have to see what happens.

8 hours ago, Dal8las said:

Could you imagine if social media was like it is now back then...Cassie would legit have had all her stuff private and it would have been a mess esp with party girls hahahah it would have been amazing to watch imo..I love a good mess...... pauses ....'Tina Kalina walks in and tries a jump split' living 

Well, Cassie still gets hateful PMs, I follow her and she posts them sometimes. Like grown women telling her she was the worst DCC ever. Her Insta is totally open and she shares a lot there (I’d argue over shares, but I don’t post any pics of my kids and she posts a ton, so we aren’t even in the same stratosphere with kids and social media).

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Any word on why?  Or if it was her choice?

Feedback from last season wasn't good and she blamed CMT for making her say certain things and she didn't want to give them that control anymore. 

• Useful 6
  • LOL 13
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Feedback from last season wasn't good and she blamed CMT for making her say certain things and she didn't want to give them that control anymore. 

She was becoming a caricature of herself.  And like we've said on this board, giving her opinion on more than just technique anymore.  

At some point, CMT will go away and the squad/personnel will probably be happier and healthier than they have been in a long time.

• Love 10
22 hours ago, Route66 said:

Is it possible they've looked over the past couple years and realized there's always girls that quit? Alexandria [her trying out made no sense], Milan, Khalyssa, all quit before the end. So maybe 37 makes practical sense.

What happened with Alexandria?  I got so far behind in reading I skipped ahead and now I’m lost.  When I saw she reauditioned all I thought was “girl, why?!?!  Give it up!”

2 hours ago, Cruisegirl said:

I could care less about seeing this stuff. Yes, it was nice listening to the girls retiring but I don’t need to see them swinging on a ring. Show me more solos! The stuff about how they actually make the team. Can you tell I don’t like the stuff where they boast about all they get to do. 🤣🤣

I have a feeling this season we are going to get a lot of this "stuff" The rookie class this year is so darn small and as a whole not as interesting as other years . Thats why VK is being pushed to the front of the class. You know, I really dont have a problem with Victoria at all. Im glad she lost the weight and came back with more focus. She's turning 20 this year, its about time she started to mature. So, props to her..but I dont need it rammed down my throat ever single episode how WONDERFUL and MAGICAL she is this year. I was just thinking this season of the show felt so different. And now no Miss Kitty. Wow.  I loved her segments. 😞 

And also finding out the truth of what really happened with Gabby...*sigh* If K&J wanna go after one vet for weight, then go after the rest too...such bs. 

• Love 7

It's official.  Kat is the new VK and that it is saying something.

Forgets her dance and can't kick.  Not to mention the "they have more to lose."  Honey, at least they had something to lose.

Uggggh why K&J just why?

I was just thinking this season of the show felt so different. And now no Miss Kitty. Wow.  I loved her segments. 😞 

Would love to know the back story on that edit.

Edited by MTTFan
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, KickPretty said:

What happened with Alexandria?  I got so far behind in reading I skipped ahead and now I’m lost.  When I saw she reauditioned all I thought was “girl, why?!?!  Give it up!”

Oh, it took me a second.  Alexandria, the former New England Patriot Cheerleader, who made the squad in season 12?  She quit because her future mother in law became ill and she moved back to be with family.

• Useful 1

Wow, I was sure I never would catch up on this thread! I kept reading and new page numbers kept appearing faster than I could click to the next page. And then I got to the pages of "Gina quit" hysteria, which was pretty...hysterical. Not to say my heart didn't pound a bit when the "news" first broke. But that was one of the funniest things I've ever seen and experienced on this forum. I loved it! 

I'm beyond underwhelmed by the Amy-Maddie point thing. And when I look at dance photos of Caroline, I keep thinking, I can't wait til this woman is in the triangle and hopefully point! That photo posted above is beautiful. She always has gorgeous lines and extensions, but that photo is fierce. I, too, love Rachel W.'s expression. She's on the edge of her seat watching her team mate. I truly do not understand selecting Maddie or Amy--let alone both of them--over performers like Caroline and Gina. Someone posted a GIF of the DCC (I think it was at Hall of Fame), and Kash's first year at triangle, Amy was back in the third row and not even on the front line of the triangle. So, I'm not sure what sense it makes for the new point to have been literally so far behind the previous point, especially as I think they were in the same rookie class. It just suggests that TPTB did not see Amy as being on par with Kash, and now she has a better spot than Lacey ever had. Puh-leaze. 

I am not yet familiar with enough of the TCCs (now rookie DCCs!) to weigh in on the forum question if this is the blandest rookie class ever. So far, from what Ive seen in the first two episodes (waiting for episode 3 on iTunes, sadly), it's a good thing this is a small rookie bunch. Currrently, I feel fine about Julia's cut. She's a good dancer, but I don't think she's that pretty and she looks like she's 40. I do think that the 2nd years are carrying the majority of the team's fierceness and wow factor, and it sucks a bit for them that they are backup dancers to Amy and Maddie. Hopefully, A & M at least will model excellent leadership to the more junior DCC and then both will freaking retire. I expect Maddie has nothing else on her horizon and will want to stay to be teachers' pet for a while. [Insert eye roll.] I can only hope her position at point is supplanted next year by rockstars, or at least that she is flanked by photogenic powerhouse dancers in next year's triangle. Lexie definitely is there to "pretty up" the gameday photos of the triangle, but I want some real badass dancers up there next year. This is the first year since I started watching the show I've actively disliked the selection of triangle and point girl(s), and it is a bummer. I'll be over there with @go4luca watching Bridget--and Caroline, Gina, Amber, Rachel W., Ashlee, Hannah, Cianna, Heather, Tess, and pretty much anyone who is not Amy, Maddie, or Miranda.

• Love 18
4 minutes ago, Jessie S said:

I have a feeling this season we are going to get a lot of this "stuff" The rookie class this year is so darn small and as a whole not as interesting as other years . Thats why VK is being pushed to the front of the class. You know, I really dont have a problem with Victoria at all. Im glad she lost the weight and came back with more focus. She's turning 20 this year, its about time she started to mature. So, props to her..but I dont need it rammed down my throat ever single episode how WONDERFUL and MAGICAL she is this year. I was just thinking this season of the show felt so different. And now no Miss Kitty. Wow.  I loved her segments. 😞 

And also finding out the truth of what really happened with Gabby...*sigh* If K&J wanna go after one vet for weight, then go after the rest too...such bs. 

But how do we know they aren't interesting when we don't get to see them?  When they are shoving Kat and VK down our throat?  And we won't even get into this crappy editing and the new hanging around the water cooler trend.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
15 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Oh, it took me a second.  Alexandria, the former New England Patriot Cheerleader, who made the squad in season 12?  She quit because her future mother in law became ill and she moved back to be with family.

Ohhhh, I was thinking the Alexandria the teacher who always wears red at finals and tries out EVERY year 🤦🏽‍♀️  Thanks for clarifying 😘😘

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, KickPretty said:

Ohhhh, I was thinking the Alexandria the teacher who always wears red at finals and tries out EVERY year 🤦🏽‍♀️  Thanks for clarifying 😘😘

It's funny cause my first thought was the African American Alexandria who was so tall and pretty, who Kelli loved.  I can't remember what season though??

5 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

But how do we know they aren't interesting when we don't get to see them?  When they are shoving Kat and VK down our throat?  And we won't even get into this crappy editing and the new hanging around the water cooler trend.

I truly hope the others get some love as the season goes along.  And not just over the top sob stories. Like Alexandra. Jeez, that girl bursts into tears every time they point a camera at her. She was sobbing at her first into a few season ago too.  Also, I believe African American Alexandra was season 9 

Yea the editing is strange too...then again, I could be bitter about Gabby and Miss Kitty haha

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Except she made it. 

She and VK can compare notes and become BFFs.

Sorry, but there is just something I find off about her -- too hyper, too up, too over the top -- I just don't see it.  Maybe she will grow on me as the season progresses -- as you say she made it so K&J must have seen something.  Right now, I am just asking why.

• Love 4
Just now, MTTFan said:

She and VK can compare notes and become BFFs.

Sorry, but there is just something I find off about her -- too hyper, too up, too over the top -- I just don't see it.  Maybe she will grow on me as the season progresses -- as you say she made it so K&J must have seen something.  Right now, I am just asking why.

As long as she doesn't gain 11 pounds during TC and is told to work with Jinelle.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Mercurialsteph said:

Soooo on Facebook they are saying Amy may be permanantely out wit her shoulder?!?  

Miranda wrote her a note about taking care of that shoulder and now rumors are just flying:/

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Can someone please explain to me how in seven hells Kat made it not only into TC but onto the team as well?!  

There better be some Gandalf level Phoenix rising from the ashes shit happening during TC because otherwise, TBTB had a hella lot of magic mushrooms circulating for this to happen.  Seriously.  I’d love to see the team grow some diversity but not like this.  I can’t even get my brain wrapped around her cray level of whacked.

Feel free to send me a therapy bill.

Edited by go4luca
  • LOL 8
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, M1977G said:

I do think that the 2nd years are carrying the majority of the team's fierceness and wow factor, and it sucks a bit for them that they are backup dancers to Amy and Maddie.

... but I want some real badass dancers up there next year. This is the first year since I started watching the show I've actively disliked the selection of triangle and point girl(s), and it is a bummer. I'll be over there with @go4luca watching Bridget--and Caroline, Gina, Amber, Rachel W., Ashlee, Hannah, Cianna, Heather, Tess, and pretty much anyone who is not Amy or Maddie.

This!

Count me in, too!!

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

I'm being a bit useless with the search function. Can someone remember who the girl was that did insta stories on the audition process?

I think you're thinking of Tiffany Taliaferro, IG:  @tiff_taliaferro.  If you meant the one who spoke about the panel interviews and showed herself practicing the kick line in the Finals outfit everyone (rookie and veterans alike) wear on the field.

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I think you're thinking of Tiffany Taliaferro, IG:  @tiff_taliaferro.  If you meant the one who spoke about the panel interviews and showed herself practicing the kick line in the Finals outfit everyone (rookie and veterans alike) wear on the field.

Yes this is the one! Thanks

Random thoughts....make that really random thoughts.....

* Interview this year aside, I think they value Christina as a good spokesperson. She spoke and co-hosted well on "These Boots are Made For Talking" episodes. I was glad Kristy spoke up for her. (Stiff as she may have been in her solo, she was better than "Kat with a Cane" was.) 

*Perhaps they have two points due to Amy's shoulder injury? As in, Amy was to be the point, but may at times not be able to? Reading that now, it doesn't make sense, but neither does having two points for any reason, lol!

* I do hope that Bret, Shaina, Julia, and Madeline S. either try out again next year or find some wonderful success in another endeavor. I really like what I have seen of them personality wise.

* I would have been chucked out of the interview room after giving the entire history of the Star, Stars, and the Lone Star. That's the former history teacher in me.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4

I am really looking forward to the Show Group tryouts episode.  It’s hard to imagine Jalyn not measuring up.  Looking at how beautiful she was in finals and hearing how confidently she spoke made me even more puzzled by her exclusion this year.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

After taking a day to relax and reflect on everything...

You know what? F it. If Victoria is the price I have to pay for getting to see Lily and Kristin on the team, then so be it. I mean, how bad can it be? Like, really? How bad can it oh who am I kidding....

(But like, MAYBE it won't be that bad. Who knows. She could shock us!)

• LOL 7
  • Love 2