Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Drogo

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, PhoebeKelly1992 said:

Nicole (Season 5 Rookie), Emma (Season 6 Rookie), Danielle (Season 7 Rookie), Lacey (Season 9 Rookie), Stephanie (Season 10 Rookie), Tasha (Season 11 Rookie) , Kelli (Season 11 Rookie) and Khalyn (Season 11 Rookie)! 😊

Stephanie Larson and Kelli Sullivan?

Edited by DCCFanInKy · Reason: changed some wording
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

13 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

She was not there this year; try outs or SG auditions.

We won't be seeing Kitty on the show this year from what I've been told. 

Kitty has been on vacation most of the summer, and just returned to DFW in the past couple of weeks, so I would be surprised if we see her.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

Kitty has been on vacation most of the summer, and just returned to DFW in the past couple of weeks, so I would be surprised if we see her.

Yeah she had been traveling spring Europe with her granddaughter 

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I'm thinking we are going to see a "miraculous" turn around for Kat.  I wasn't crazy about her at first, but she seems to have a very dorky personality that would be well received in the locker room.  She seems to be able to laugh at herself right now.  

I didn't think I was going to like Charmin but I do now.

Kat doesn' t mind making a fool of herself which is refreshing and human.  The problem is it doesn't fit the DCC mold.  Sometimes she reminds me of somebody's old drunk auntie at a family picnic which probably makes her a riot to hang out with but could make her a public appearance risk.

I'm a diversity soldier so I hope she gets it together.  The edits are so frustrating because one minute her kicks look high and the next she's a complete mess.  That solo would've been awful even if she remembered her intro.  She was holding a cane the whole time - terrible idea.  I know she's on the squad now, but I still hope to see improvement so COME ON KAT!

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Dal8las said:

OK, this my last and final statement on weight discrepancy that the DCC and K&J seem to have.

Reasons it is a big deal to me:

1. They have taken girls in with bigger weight issues than Gabby and they have been able to become Group Leaders/Points.

2. Mentally you can damage a person's psyche. Need I mention Courtney who had to leave the squad because of an eating disorder. Im pretty sure a lot of the girls have some sort of mental anguish now from being on this team and it needs to be brought up. That crazy Chelsea girl was right that sometimes I think the judging is out of line..I've seen these girls in person multiple times. They are Kate Moss skinny sometimes it looks painful. 

3. Not to bring of diversity/racial issues, but it does seem like the white get passes when it comes to belly giggles and it just frustrates me so much.

Now I understand it's their job to stay in shape and had Gabby been like that girl Katy I would have been ok with her cut, but to me the wiggle she had was something that could be fixed before season. She wasn't fat in the least bit.

ex. of girls with similar or more wiggle jiggle that went through Finals and TC looking like this and still made the team... I mean come on now....B8BFC11C-47E3-47C8-9EC7-0E6306B630F0.jpeg.f886118386a9d21305c4b38f2a8e9e67.thumb.jpg.806183a04956382faa1bfaa1704f74c4.jpg

A236C218-F4CF-4F69-ADC1-7514D49F8188.jpeg.d67e407b391203482356439ef21e3fe2.thumb.jpg.7bdc038adf2896aec5504cc5c5da5ddd.jpg11ec9bfce7cf682cfcb58165439faa08.jpg.3c8dba0ad4c2f8cb83efa18c15734141.jpg32733735695_64a7cd563f_z.jpg.bb7d797d6b15a83cec124bca96b07105.jpg930ac7af442ce727e3ca2a283fef961c.jpg.9f1d5f17168b89421f3b2b0ea6444bb7.jpg

download.jpg

THIS!!! 1000% agree. Also, idk the girls name that tried out at finals but didn't make it but she was a light skinned African American girl with curly hair..actually there were 2 with curly hair one a bit darker than the other, anyway they were adorable but both got cut. I would really like to know why.

Also please tell me that I was not the only one that not8ced the exchanged look between Melissa and Charm when they were discussing Malena. 

Edited by GeorgiaPeach11
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, chrishunt said:

I’m just now watching the episode and I seriously think Savannah is the most beautiful person I’ve ever seen. I would watch hours of her just existing lmfao. She’s just so pretty to me. Also I absolutely love Katy, I hope she loses weight and comes back next year, I can see her as a future point girl

YES KATY!!!!

PLEASE PLEASE come back !!!!

Adorable, great showmanship and it seemed like she was one of Charm's favorites !!! 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, M1977G said:

The sweat stains in her pits were not sexy 

Thank you!  I was hoping I wasn't the only one that noticed.  It was like a car wreck that I couldn't stop looking at.

  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, Pj3422 said:

Well, now you have me wondering... Hey, Face Off fans! Was Amanda one of the models when they had the Tim Burton challenge? Or was she only 12 years old at the time and the years have gone by faster than I’ll admit?

That's IT!!  Amanda DOES remind me of one of the Face/Off models!!  I've been racking my brain trying to figure it out 🙂 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Omg Maddie and that half assed hip hop. If she is going to do tricks like those terrible aerials and flips at least do them correctly and finish your moves. One day we’re going to find out she’s Jerry’s secret love child or something bc she sucks. Also overweight or of shap again.

gabby got cut for attitude/snark with weight as the excuse. The end.

  • Like 9
  • Useful 3
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

I've been binge watching this season of So You Think You Can Dance, and man, switching over to this is ROUGH in the dance department. You really get a sense of who's a legit dancer and who's a cheerleader with a few dance moves.

On the VK front, I really disliked her last year, but she was 19.  NINETEEN.  We all sucked at 19.  Her answer in the panel was genius, her dancing looks fine, and so far I haven't seen her do or say anything that would indicate that she hasn't worked her ass off and learned a lot through the experience.  So I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt, and hope she proves she's grown and matured both in her personality and dance skills.

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
56 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

THIS!!! 1000% agree. Also, idk the girls name that tried out at finals but didn't make it but she was a light skinned African American girl with curly hair..actually there were 2 with curly hair one a bit darker than the other, anyway they were adorable but both got cut. I would really like to know why.

Also please tell me that I was not the only one that not8ced the exchanged look between Melissa and Charm when they were discussing Malena. 

I missed the Malena moment between Melissa and Charm. I will have to watch back now, I was top busy being mind blown by them discussing Gabby being a weak link after showing her slaying the group number..

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, KatebytheSea said:

Sorry, but these girls are on a job site. They receive a wage for being a DCC, a wage they agreed to. I'm not remotely trying to be combative here, but they signed a contract binding them to adhere to DCC code of conduct. How is this not a job? Vets returning to auditions have even said this is a job. 

I didn’t say it wasn’t a job, but Jenna was not holly’s boss. Kelli is. Jenna wasn’t her group leader, Jinelle was.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, M1977G said:

Oh, and Maddie's solo. Cute and she has some good moves, but seriously? It was whatever to me. Yes, it was exactly the same as last year's, down to that awkward aerial cartwheel landing in a plie with elbows on knees trying to look krunk or something. The sweat stains in her pits were not sexy and neither were all those cutsey pageant faces she made throughout the whole thing. 

KRUNK 😄 Also the pit stains, I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me, ewww. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

24 minutes ago, TrixieBelden said:

I've been binge watching this season of So You Think You Can Dance, and man, switching over to this is ROUGH in the dance department. You really get a sense of who's a legit dancer and who's a cheerleader with a few dance moves.

On the VK front, I really disliked her last year, but she was 19.  NINETEEN.  We all sucked at 19.  Her answer in the panel was genius, her dancing looks fine, and so far I haven't seen her do or say anything that would indicate that she hasn't worked her ass off and learned a lot through the experience.  So I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt, and hope she proves she's grown and matured both in her personality and dance skills.

THIS. I thought VK was awful last year, annoying and immature, and suuuuuper soft and jiggly.  None of the choreographers or group leaders gave her a sticker. And she was cut for it! She looks like a DCC this season, and seems more mature. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Ok I know my Maddie defending is constant but...you can’t deny the girl is loved not only by the team and TBTB but the general public...her video has already over 10,000 views on Instagram ((and no that’s not just the Mormon community). I think she’s one of those people that has just an extra sparkle that people gravitate to. Her, Bridget...It’s something that can’t be taught. I can understand why the entire DCC seems slightly weirdly obsessed with her. 

  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, TrixieBelden said:

I've been binge watching this season of So You Think You Can Dance, and man, switching over to this is ROUGH in the dance department. You really get a sense of who's a legit dancer and who's a cheerleader with a few dance moves.

On the VK front, I really disliked her last year, but she was 19.  NINETEEN.  We all sucked at 19.  Her answer in the panel was genius, her dancing looks fine, and so far I haven't seen her do or say anything that would indicate that she hasn't worked her ass off and learned a lot through the experience.  So I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt, and hope she proves she's grown and matured both in her personality and dance skills.

1.  Love your username!!  I had all the books.

2.  Speaking of SYTYCD, did VK try out and how far did she get?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Ashlee is another underestimated performer.  That was so good!!  And KaShara did the choreo.  She knows what Ashlee can do!

What’s awesome is Ashlee isn’t really a trainer dancer she started super late and look at her!!! 

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, cardsfan720 said:

That's IT!!  Amanda DOES remind me of one of the Face/Off models!!  I've been racking my brain trying to figure it out 🙂 

Amanda was a model on Face Off starting in season 7. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, Mercurialsteph said:

What’s awesome is Ashlee isn’t really a trainer dancer she started super late and look at her!!! 

Some posters have been quoting Kitty and her "don't do &%$# you can't do" - that's the secret here.  Ashlee may not have the training, but she played on what she is good at, added a little sass, the right song and BOOM!

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

Lisa does not like Julia.  I heard she went out to celebrate the night she was cut (and thus wasn't at IHOP).

Also, someone at finals told me that Christina's solo was horrible, but I didn't think it would be that bad.  How she made it back is beyond me.  Girls on the team consider her the weakest of all the veterans.

I think she’ll retire after a close call this year.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
55 minutes ago, Mercurialsteph said:

What’s awesome is Ashlee isn’t really a trainer dancer she started super late and look at her!!! 

I'd make a slight correction.  Ashlee is a trained dancer, she just began her training later than most (like Nicole Hamilton). 

Somewhere way back last season I posted a prediction if Ashlee stuck with her approach and hard work ethic, she had all the makings of a rock star DCC.  I think she's definitely on her way.

Edited by go4luca · Reason: too many words
  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

Kitty has been on vacation most of the summer, and just returned to DFW in the past couple of weeks, so I would be surprised if we see her.

Yes, I saw Kitty in the beach town where we vacation last month. I was wearing my blouse-y shirt because #vacation #food #tequila #yolo and felt judged. 

  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

EXACTLY. I also think that they needed to take the focus off of VK so they found a fall guy named Kat. K&J picked a few struggles for TC...not just Kat. IMO based on TRYOUTS they shouldnt of taken Gina, Alexandria or Kat (and I'm a Kat fan), however Kat almost lost me last night.

I swear I saw a piece of Kat's solo on Instagram a couple of weeks ago, and it wasn't as bad as what we saw in the episode.  She puts the cane down and picks up the pace.  I wish I could find the solo and post it here.  Agree that Kat has become the sacrificial lamb on the editing front to divert attention from VK.

  • Like 12
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Jennv said:

I didn’t say it wasn’t a job, but Jenna was not holly’s boss. Kelli is. Jenna wasn’t her group leader, Jinelle was.

Exactly.  AND even though it's a job, someone's boss/supervisor can't control what his/her employees do on their own free time.  I used to be a manager too, but did I have control over one of my employees going out partying?  No.  Because they're an adult.  

So Gina got little to no screen time or mention in the Finals eposode.  How could you not show at least part of the solo of the best dancer on the team?  

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, rungirl46 said:

I swear I saw a piece of Kat's solo on Instagram a couple of weeks ago, and it wasn't as bad as what we saw in the episode.  She puts the cane down and picks up the pace.  I wish I could find the solo and post it here.  Agree that Kat has become the sacrificial lamb on the editing front to divert attention from VK.

It’s the 3rd slide. 

  • Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Kat got into TC because of her look- she’s stunning. She also came with an excellent dance resume, according to Kelli. That’s probably why they put her through. It’ll be interesting to see how she does in TC, obviously she ultimately makes the team. 

She is my least favorite imo made the team bc her looks fit what they were looking for yes she’s gorgeous but she opens her mouth & it’s a no from me & what was up with her solo costume it looked like underwear, cheap underwear... 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

1.  Love your username!!  I had all the books.

2.  Speaking of SYTYCD, did VK try out and how far did she get?

Didn't Holly try out for SYTYCD after she left DCC?

Share this post


Link to post

Kay got s bad edit. Cane is corny but she does have good technique and excellent extensions. The low kick comments are bullsugah as well. Her kicks are far better than several vets - including low kick Maddie who I am sick to death of enigma spoon fed no hose forced that she is amazing. 

  • Like 13
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, jlc said:

Didn't Holly try out for SYTYCD after she left DCC?

She tried out before, and if I'm not mistaken, I thought there were videos on YouTube at one time???

Share this post


Link to post

Ok asked the fiancé what he thought of Ashlee and he said she looked like if Tia and Tamara had a hot baby sister 😂😂😂😂

Like you’d never think it was them but looks like could be related and is hot. He kills me. 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, jlc said:

Sorry, not impressed.

6 minutes ago, jlc said:

Sorry, not impressed.

I was showing rungirl46 because I figured that’s the clip she was talking about. And I agree with her, that is better than what they actually showed. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, JessG29 said:

I was showing rungirl46 because I figured that’s the clip she was talking about. And I agree with her, that is better than what they actually showed. 

YES - thank you for posting that clip.  That is the one I was talking about!  And yes, the clip on IG was better than what was shown on tv.  Last night was edited to suggest Kat kept the corny cane for the entire solo.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, rungirl46 said:

YES - thank you for posting that clip.  That is the one I was talking about!  And yes, the clip on IG was better than what was shown on tv.  Last night was edited to suggest Kat kept the corny cane for the entire solo.

She shouldn’t have had the cane in the first place lol. But I mean it was her first time auditioning. I’ve seen much worse. I like her bubbly, quirky personality idk why she gets so much hate.

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Kat got into TC because of her look- she’s stunning

IMHO - they wanted to take the Louisiana Tiger Girl a few years ago but her look was very ... severe.  Kat is like that girl but a diet version of her (I want to say "lighter" but I don't mean skin tone wise).  Louisiana Tiger Girl was a really good dancer - but friends with Kersten?  I don't know if that didn't help her either.

Kat is annoying as F.

I know Kelli was a former DCC - but what dance background does she have? By the way she describes VK - it's like she frigging blind.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

38 minutes ago, jlc said:

Didn't Holly try out for SYTYCD after she left DCC?

35 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

She tried out before, and if I'm not mistaken, I thought there were videos on YouTube at one time???

In 2015

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/16/2019 at 11:32 AM, Dal8las said:

I think it is so sad that people actually dm and harassed her. 

I 100% agree with this! While she is not my favorite person, I would NEVER send her a message to attack or harass her. Wow. There are some really creepy people in this world, which I am reminded of every time I look at Instagram. 

Honestly, aside from here, I don’t do any shit talking. I’m a pretty docile nerd actually. 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/14/2019 at 12:18 AM, SingleMom9 said:

Yes!  I don’t understand what has aged her face so much since then.

Me, either. I didn't think she was particularly pretty last year, but this year she looks haggard. Not the haggard of the emaciated, but more like substance abusers I see on Live PD. And please don't say I'm saying she is using something. It's just that that is what her face, skin reminds me of. She looks so old and wrinkled for one so young. She definitely looks like something is wrong. And instead of looking happy or confident or even scared, she looked ticked off to me. Maybe she's carrying a bit of a grudge for the abrupt and totally BS way they cut her last year. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Jennv said:

I didn’t say it wasn’t a job, but Jenna was not holly’s boss. Kelli is. Jenna wasn’t her group leader, Jinelle was.

I already addressed the Jinelle/Jenna thing, so won't again. We'll just leave it at our interpretations of work/GL expectations/personal responsibility varies a bit. :)

Edited by KatebytheSea

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, SSAHotchner said:

Me, either. I didn't think she was particularly pretty last year, but this year she looks haggard. Not the haggard of the emaciated, but more like substance abusers I see on Live PD. And please don't say I'm saying she is using something. It's just that that is what her face, skin reminds me of. She looks so old and wrinkled for one so young. She definitely looks like something is wrong. And instead of looking happy or confident or even scared, she looked ticked off to me. Maybe she's carrying a bit of a grudge for the abrupt and totally BS way they cut her last year. 

late to the convo here -- who are we talking about?

Share this post


Link to post

I feel like every year there is a sacrificial vet who is cut. Not because the deserve it but is so Kelly can “prove” not all vets are safe. It has nothing to do with talent it is just to “scare” others or viewers who arnt educated on what happens on the team in real life. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, chabelisaywow said:

I know Kelli was a former DCC - but what dance background does she have? By the way she describes VK - it's like she frigging blind.

Her center of gravity is so off in all her turns. Can no one see this but us?  She needs to work on her core muscles and really focus on not spinning out of them.  But she's so emotional, so much like a gently butterfly wrapping us in a cocoon of rainbows... Whatever.  You can make this propaganda but no one is buying it.  

Kat is just over the top for me.  She doesn't annoy me so much but take it down a notch, hun.  That solo was not good on any level but let's see how she develops.  Gabby has a great performance ability but she did herself no favor with those abs.  

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size