Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, hereforthedrama said:

It's the lasso, arm cross, shimmy down they do in thunderstruck 

About where in Thunderstruck is it so I can hunt for it tomorrow? I gotta go to bed before I fall asleep here haha

2 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

OK I think I got it....about an 8 count before the end of the song?

Yes

Just now, DCCFanInKy said:

About where in Thunderstruck is it so I can hunt for it tomorrow? I gotta go to bed before I fall asleep here haha

The part that goes "Went through the Texas, yeah Texas, and we had some fun"

• Useful 1
11 minutes ago, hereforthedrama said:

Yes

The part that goes "Went through the Texas, yeah Texas, and we had some fun"

Thanks I'll hunt for it when I'm not about to fall asleep haha

ETA....about 30 seconds into this video?  Goodnight!

Edited by DCCFanInKy
Added something.
16 hours ago, omgtv said:

I started my own company last August so I had NO time and am now frantically reading though all of the boards,just binged watched last season and have seen these new episodes. Can someone please tell me what happened with Jayln?  I really like her!  Or, please direct me to the thread to read?I have read over 200 pages of this thread, but i think i missed it! 😂

There is a lot to catch up on!

PS- I really like Lily because she reminds me of the head Heather in the original 1988 Heathers. 🤣 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097493/mediaviewer/rm227921408

Girl.....pretty much K&J are bootyholes period! People were called fat. There is this girl called Kat that is hella pretty but dances like taylor swift. VK's teeth are becoming their own character. Interviews were hard to watch, Kitty Carter is MIA. Some girls(Jayln/Gabby/Tara jk but I miss her) will be wronged through-out the season. Someone lied and said Gina quit and caused chaos for like an hour yesterday...kids went hungry....

source.gif

Edited by Dal8las
  • LOL 17
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, INKWTWH said:

Maddie's solo was okay but I thought the other woman (Jamilla?) who did hip hop was so. much. better. I wanted to see more of that. 

Yeah, that was a glaring contradiction to Urban Maddie and her not so def jam.  I was embarrassed about the judges ohhhing over such a bad cultural appropriation.  Can we call that Jazz hop? I'm seriously disappointed in some of the girls we didn't see make TC.  Did hip hop girl not have kicks?  Okay, that's a good reason she didn't make TC other than her not looking like a barbie.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
8 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

Yeah, that was a glaring contradiction to Urban Maddie and her not so def jam.  I was embarrassed about the judges ohhhing over such a bad cultural appropriation.  Can we call that Jazz hop? I'm seriously disappointed in some of the girls we didn't see make TC.  Did hip hop girl not have kicks?  Okay, that's a good reason she didn't make TC other than her not looking like a barbie.

Hip hop girl sure had the body for DCC, tall, slim and shapely.  Her face was pretty too.  Kelli practically laughed at her while everybody gushed over Maddie.  I agree it had to be kicks/flexibility.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Weeklydcc said:

Hip hop girl sure had the body for DCC, tall, slim and shapely.  Her face was pretty too.  Kelli practically laughed at her while everybody gushed over Maddie.  I agree it had to be kicks/flexibility.

The biggest disappointment of the episode for me was seeing her solo and knowing she didn’t make camp. I agree them gushing over Maddie after that was obnoxious 

• Love 12

So I get the feeling Kat and Vic aren't going to get along too well. Both are going for the kooky, "aw gosh golly gee I'm so silly" persona and two on a team will be a nightmare. Taking 37 is being more clear by the day; it's almost as if TPTB know someone is going to be throwing their boots back at them. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, Jennv said:

The biggest disappointment of the episode for me was seeing her solo and knowing she didn’t make camp. I agree them gushing over Maddie after that was obnoxious 

Melissa Rycroft was losing her mind...I was like girl what you take before this scene? I want to be out of my mind too, can I have some.

Edited by Dal8las
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Dal8las said:

Melissa Rycroft was losing her mind...I was like girl what you take before this scene? I want to be out of my mind too, can I have some.

More like her experience with authentic dance is limited.  I guess fake it til you make it for Maddie AND Melissa.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Have we figured out what this year's "Veteran Move" is?

Wasn't it the lasso move...it looked out of place in Ashlee's solo.

1 hour ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

So what if Hannah just did tricks for her solo. She can clearly do the actual DCC dances. Ha I just love her so I will defend her. 

Do we have a video of Hannah's solo? I'm blanking on everything but the song choice.

56 minutes ago, Tornado said:

I'm the minority on this one, but i just watched her solo and i wasnt impressed. I mean, obviously i cant dance, so yes she is talented...but the way her solo was raved about, i was expecting to be blown away...i just thought it was fine. I wasn't blown away by maddie's solo either. To me, it looked like a lot of the moves she did were wrong, incomplete, or un polished. I suppose it is a feat in itself for Shirley Temple to bust out some hiphop...but i wasn't wowed 

Dude, why you dissing my girl like that? Don't you know you're not supposed to insult the dead. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Re-watching solos - Rachel W and Amber are so supportive for everyone.  Can't wait to see how they do this season.

Too bad they won't do a split screen of VK and Kelcey - both in red, both doing lyrical, one doing beautiful turns.

5 minutes ago, Dal8las said:

Melissa Rycroft was losing her mind...I was like girl what you take before this scene I want to be out of my mind too can I have some.

She was like a proud grandma pointing out Maddie to Charm who was like, uh huh yeah right girl!!

• LOL 6
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Re-watching solos - Rachel W and Amber are so supportive for everyone.  Can't wait to see how they do this season.

Too bad they won't do a split screen of VK and Kelcey - both in red, both doing lyrical, one doing beautiful turns.

She was like a proud grandma pointing out Maddie to Charm who was like, uh huh yeah right girl!!

I loved seeing Melissa talk up Julia as if she was ready to go to battle with her...then it cuts to the scene with Char making a negative comment about Julia and Melissa is just like "Huh..." Like girl, you know who butters your bread, you're not gonna say sh*t! 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I loved seeing Melissa talk up Julia as if she was ready to go to battle with her...then it cuts to the scene with Char making a negative comment about Julia and Melissa is just like "Huh..." Like girl, you know who butters your bread, you're not gonna say sh*t! 

Melissa said she looked beautiful on the screen...something like that.  But Char just seemed to pick a dumb thing to be negative about.  It's like when Marshall gave a maybe to Milan for her hair color - aren't your the hair stylist and aren't you going to give them makeovers??

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 5

I think this vid is relevant to this post, because it has 4 girls still on the squad...but this was my favorite group two seasons ago Jenna's Group 1 yas

Jenna - slaying and I think pushed these girls to dance hype. Even stiff Amy was kinda getting it.

This is where I saw Alexis and Lexie killing the dance...i dont know who Alexis leader was this last season, but she didn't seem to give as much as she did here.

Maddie was eating this choreo..see this is the stuff I can see why she on the squad. I am here for this.

Last, I was like damn Savannah was getting it back in the corner.....Its Kalyssa regardless of what she doing now..She had it! She is a star.

Kerya another wronged girl 

Maggie always the baddie and Steph was finally showcased. She came up big time this year. 

Edited by Dal8las
  • Love 17
10 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

There’s always one Charlotte has to be completely bitchy about for no reason. And every year I roll my eyes and think “Charlotte, could I dislike you any more???” Ugh 

That or she gushes over someone (Yuko, Victoria) and rude to anyone who dares to disagree with her.  

I think we are losing our snarky, funny Judy again:/

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

Is it bad that I’m already thinking about who will be retiring after this year and who will be GLs/point next year... 🙈🤷🏻‍♀️

Well it's going to be an ultra boring and basic year so I don't think so. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, MTTFan said:

was it just me or did Malena look this close to breaking out in tears?

I may be totally off base here but I wonder if Malena's recent tryout was for "production".

I'm still back to in all of her talking heads (and she had plenty), not one mention of what the hell she's been doing the past year to get better as  a dancer. Hell - what has she been doing , period? Last season she left us jobless professionally (the SMU directior position), not a DCC and an emotional wreak while being cut.  At least one of the candidates had the courage she tried out for other teams and didn't make it. Did Maleana at least try out for another team ?

Granted Victoria and Kristen didn't say either about the past year (unless I missed it) - but you can see they been doing something in the right direction. 

Then in the  interview, Malena shows up kinda greasy looking .she is using the wrong product in her hair/makeup routine.

They mention her breakdown during the cut and she comes up with an reply that really made very little sense. As a high-powered professional/executive that she keeps selling herself as, she should have expected them to ask how has she learned from last year and how was this year  (or she) going to be better. Typical project management question kinda like a lesson learned session. Actually I think the panel always somehow brings up the past year - I remember Dayton "I ate a whataburger" response.

Her solo and even her dancing on the field looked actually worse than last year. Of all of her issues last year - I don't recall the kickline being one of them. This year - she looked defeated  on the field. Has she done any cardio training? 

Lastly - they end our viewing with her saying that she doesn't think she's going to try out again. 

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, sATL said:

I may be totally off base here but I wonder if Malena's recent tryout was for "production".

Oh, you aren't the only one who wonders if she didn't get a phone call asking her to "try out."  I was under the impression that her meltdown was so bad, it was strongly hinted she never try out again.  What we saw on screen was nothing compared to what really happened.

And then all of a sudden she shows up in prep classes.  No improvement.  Marking the routines.  

4 minutes ago, sATL said:

Hell - what has she been doing , period? 

She was helping with the NFL draft production team.  She was on Shelly's IG stories when they were in Nashville.

18 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

Is it bad that I’m already thinking about who will be retiring after this year and who will be GLs/point next year... 🙈🤷🏻‍♀️

I would say Amy - she's done five years.  Maddie - I want her to find something new and move on.  Sometimes a DCC stays longer than they should because they don't have something to move on to. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, hathorlive said:

Not trying to be insensitive or inflammatory, are white people not allowed to do hip-hop? Is it always considered cultural appropriation?

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Oh, you aren't the only one who wonders if she didn't get a phone call asking her to "try out."  I was under the impression that her meltdown was so bad, it was strongly hinted she never try out again.  What we saw on screen was nothing compared to what really happened.

And then all of a sudden she shows up in prep classes.  No improvement.  Marking the routines.  

She was helping with the NFL draft production team.  She was on Shelly's IG stories when they were in Nashville.

I would say Amy - she's done five years.  Maddie - I want her to find something new and move on.  Sometimes a DCC stays longer than they should because they don't have something to move on to

I need more details on her draft production job - doing what exactly? I'm still a little foggy on what she does professionally... the draft is only 3 days - and once it is over , its onto the next.

I do think the draft was a good production show/event, as I enjoyed it myself - kuddo to Nashville. I guess I thought the event was more of a ABC/NFL/ESPN based (who has their own experienced production staff) nature, each club only had a small part of it. The cowboys didn't pick until round 2. ( link ).

RE: DCC "the next chapter" - I think this is an area that the TPTB need to focus on. I'm still a little hurt we didn't get much of a peep out from the retiring class of 2019 was going to do next. I was always happy to hear candidates/veterans say they have/working towards other ambitions outside of dance. Wasn't there 2 candidates last year who wanted to go to law school? 

If they focus on the DCC working and/or going to school during their tenure, then they should assist them to have something to fall forward to, perhaps outside of dancing/teaching dance/exercise/etc..  A women surely have can 2 dream jobs -esp when you're 23-25 beginning the next chapter. It's no shame being a college freshman at age 25, if one wanted to be something where a degree (outside of dance) is needed.

I'm also getting used to the idea  if the plan if the next chapter is to get married - which Kelli kinda implied about the DCC is a place to get you're bridemaids.  

• Love 5
4 hours ago, RockYou said:

Hannahs solo was literally one contortion trick after another. Not dance. Reminds me of little gymnast girls dancing in living room making up routines at a slumber party. 

It is a dance style though - Acro dance. I enjoyed what I saw of it, I like seeing different styles. JMO

• Love 9
1 minute ago, sATL said:

I need more details on her draft production job - doing what exactly? I'm still a little foggy on what she does professionally... the draft is only 3 days - and once it is over , its onto the next.

Shelly might be able to answer that.  She was there as well.

4 minutes ago, sATL said:

I'm still a little hurt we didn't get much of a peep out from the retiring class of 2019 was going to do next

If they are keeping their same jobs, Khalyn and Kelli are teachers.  Jessika worked at a hospital.  Tasha is modeling and being a mommy.  Yuko is moving back to Japan.  KaShara has been working at Bar Method, doing choreo, and DCC stuff.  Lacey is the one I want to know about.  She was going to school studying nutrition, but lately seems to just be relaxing.  Probably first summer in how many years she doesn't have to worry about DCC all the time.

2 minutes ago, Agent Gully said:

It is a dance style though - Acro dance. I enjoyed what I saw of it, I like seeing different styles. JMO

I liked it.  I think because she did it so well, and the moves flowed together. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

No, Maddie just isn't particularly good at it. I think a lot of her accolades for hip-hop stem from the fact that she is a white girl from Utah and thus, isn't expected to be fluent in hip-hop. The fact that she does it, gets people's attention because it doesn't fit their expectation---but when you break it down, it's mediocre.

Maddie doing hip-hop is like Vikkie trying to do turns. Just because they can, doesn't mean they have the technique for it. 

Thanks much for the explanation!!

43 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

No, Maddie just isn't particularly good at it. I think a lot of her accolades for hip-hop stem from the fact that she is a white girl from Utah and thus, isn't expected to be fluent in hip-hop. The fact that she does it, gets people's attention because it doesn't fit their expectation---but when you break it down, it's mediocre.

Maddie doing hip-hop is like Vikkie trying to do turns. Just because they can, doesn't mean they have the technique for it. 

I love you. Perfect post.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
14 hours ago, Jennv said:

I didn’t say it wasn’t a job, but Jenna was not holly’s boss. Kelli is. Jenna wasn’t her group leader, Jinelle was.

Jenna didn't get into trouble for Holly's behaviour, but because she was there partying with an underage Holly in an over-21 bar and fratting with football players. If she had not been in a leadership role, being with an underage teammate in a bar would not have been a good look, but having a leadership role made it 10 times worse. It was Jenna's choice to go with Holly and Jenna's choice to get involved with a football player -- that's what she got into trouble over -- not what Holly did, but the fact that she was there doing it with her (which is why Jinelle, as Holly's group leader, didn't get into trouble over Holly's behaviour -- she wasn't there "condoning" it so to speak). 

• Love 12
5 hours ago, KatieC said:

Some of that (most of it?) is exactly what she did during the freestyle part of auditions. Not impressed one bit. 

That is the freestyle part of auditions but we were reiterating that this clip wasn’t shown on tv. And I standby by that because I didn’t see ANY of this at all. And I remember watching it and thinking “I don’t remember it being that bad” because I seen that IG post before the show even started airing. I DON’T think it was great and the cane was a really bad decision. But I for sure don’t think it was terrible.  She stated that she was “open to being molded into whatever they want her to be” so she had a positive attitude about it. She didn’t cry or throw a tantrum when she forgot her piece. Which is why I don’t see why people are saying she’s over the top because she jokes a lot or is animated.  To some that could really be a breath of fresh air in such a stressful environment. She already impressed who she needed to impress because she’s on the team. So I’m guessing she made some tremendous improvement in TC.  Its always kinda been A thing  here in Charlotte that the honeybees had a habit of picking girls because of their looks. And it was like a joke that NFL girls actually had to work their butts off.  Because a lot of the honey bees would ace those auditions but fail miserably when trying to join the Carolina panthers. So it’s nice to watch an NBA dancer learn the difference.  But I do not disagree that she has a lot to learn. I just enjoy that she’s open to it.

• Love 14

I had a thought about Victoria.  Brennan was her boot buddy; is it possible Brennan was a good influence on her & helped her a tad with the immaturity issues? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 6
30 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I had a thought about Victoria.  Brennan was her boot buddy; is it possible Brennan was a good influence on her & helped her a tad with the immaturity issues? 

Possible, but it didn’t happen. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 4

I was surprised that Judy commented that Katy was not ready this year for the team.  She's everything I consider a "cheerleader" to be.  She can do the DCC moves & kicks, she has a happy smiling face, she seems to have fun, she has the hair that TPTB seem to love.  I mean sheesh, what more could you want, besides losing a few pounds?    Maddie, Bridget, and Katy have the perfect "cheerleader" performer personalities.  

Also, I'm a bit confused with Christina, I don't have anything against her, I'm just curious, as she didn't appear to do well in the solo nor the interview, so I don't understand why she is on the team.  During deliberations Kristi said she's great on the podcast.  Which is fine, but let's be real, the podcasts are completely run by the DCC and are basically scripted material: Here are the questions I'm going to ask....  If they keep someone like her on the team to just be used as an ambassador, why didn't KF bring her to those TV interviews instead of Maddie?  

Third question: How often are these cheerleaders even interviewed on the fly?  I mean sure fans are going to run up and gush over them but that's not being interviewed.  TV/newspaper interviews provide you with the topics they are going to bring up so you can prepare/provide the cheerleader with a script to follow.   

• Love 6
1 hour ago, JessG29 said:

That is the freestyle part of auditions but we were reiterating that this clip wasn’t shown on tv. And I standby by that because I didn’t see ANY of this at all. And I remember watching it and thinking “I don’t remember it being that bad” because I seen that IG post before the show even started airing. I DON’T think it was great and the cane was a really bad decision. But I for sure don’t think it was terrible.  She stated that she was “open to being molded into whatever they want her to be” so she had a positive attitude about it. She didn’t cry or throw a tantrum when she forgot her piece. Which is why I don’t see why people are saying she’s over the top because she jokes a lot or is animated.  To some that could really be a breath of fresh air in such a stressful environment. She already impressed who she needed to impress because she’s on the team. So I’m guessing she made some tremendous improvement in TC.  Its always kinda been A thing  here in Charlotte that the honeybees had a habit of picking girls because of their looks. And it was like a joke that NFL girls actually had to work their butts off.  Because a lot of the honey bees would ace those auditions but fail miserably when trying to join the Carolina panthers. So it’s nice to watch an NBA dancer learn the difference.  But I do not disagree that she has a lot to learn. I just enjoy that she’s open to it.

We didn’t see that particular clip on the show and it probably was a bad edit as far as her solo goes. Still I stand by what I said—she did the exact same combo that was in that solo clip as she did during her freestyle dance. And I’m still not impressed. Hopefully she did improve during TC since she did make it. 

Edited by KatieC
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Dal8las said:

I think this vid is relevant to this post, because it has 4 girls still on the squad...but this was my favorite group two seasons ago Jenna's Group 1 yas

Jenna - slaying and I think pushed these girls to dance hype. Even stiff Amy was kinda getting it.

This is where I saw Alexis and Lexie killing the dance...i dont know who Alexis leader was this last season, but she didn't seem to give as much as she did here.

Maddie was eating this choreo..see this is the stuff I can see why she on the squad. I am here for this.

Last, I was like damn Savannah was getting it back in the corner.....Its Kalyssa regardless of what she doing now..She had it! She is a star.

Kerya another wronged girl 

Maggie always the baddie and Steph was finally showcased. She came up big time this year. 

This is probably a video techical problem, but the music and dancing weren't in synch. The dancers were slightly off the beat. Jenna is the only one who caught my eye, and she seemed to hit the moves a nano second quicker than the others. 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, chabelisaywow said:

IMHO - they wanted to take the Louisiana Tiger Girl a few years ago but her look was very ... severe.  Kat is like that girl but a diet version of her (I want to say "lighter" but I don't mean skin tone wise).  Louisiana Tiger Girl was a really good dancer - but friends with Kersten?  I don't know if that didn't help her either.

Kat is annoying as F.

I know Kelli was a former DCC - but what dance background does she have? By the way she describes VK - it's like she frigging blind.

Kellie was a Modern Dance major at TCU.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Yes, last year the opinions of K&J ( sorry, J was quiet) were all over the episodes telling anyone who would listen that VK is a great dancer & performer, big, bold, etc.  Examples speak louder than opinions, yet they showed us absolutely zero examples of this wow factor.  Their opinions certainly didn’t match the examples of the stickers given out to the TCC.  

It would be great to have side by side comparisons. 

Edited by Jazzmom
Sp
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, sATL said:

I do think the draft was a good production show/event, as I enjoyed it myself - kuddo to Nashville. I guess I thought the event was more of a ABC/NFL/ESPN based (who has their own experienced production staff) nature, each club only had a small part of it. The cowboys didn't pick until round 2. ( link ).

The NFL draft may last only 3 days but producing it takes far longer. It appears that ESPN & the NFL Network shared the production team (cameras, audio, etc), as they were basically showing the same shots. They brought their own team for the announcing crew. Producing such a show involves a lot of pre-planning, and because it happens only once a year, everyone needs to be reminded and updated on what to do.  Who are likely top picks? Where will we position him? Who is he seated with? What's his back story. When it's done well, we think everyone is winging it.  But truth is, live shows with high stakes can take weeks of planning before you artive on sight and extensively once they arrive with the sets and equipment.  I look forward to Shelly's take 

Edited by Reveala
32 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

"Maddie is using hip hop as a costume, she puts on the finals outfit and adopts a persona that she only knows from the watered down appropriated studio dance style, then takes it off, having added nothing to the style or genre and making no attempt to understand the culture that created it. And then Charlotte and Kelli ohhhh and ahhh about how awesome it is, perpetuating the fakeness.  That is appropriation."

Frankly, any DCC dancing like that is a pleasant surprise, and Maddie brings the funk. I say this as a Black woman who appreciates the effort and the positive impression she leaves. But I also know neither Charm, Nick or any similar choreographer would  likely hire her as a dancer. 

Edited by Reveala
  • Useful 1
  • Love 21
4 hours ago, Reveala said:

The NFL draft may last only 3 days but producing it tajes far longer. It appears that ESPN & the NFL Network shared the production team (cameras, audio, etc), as they were basically showing the same shots. They brought their own team for the announcing crew. Producing such a show involves a lot of pre-planning, and because it happens only once a year, everyone needs to be reminded and updated on what to do.  Who are likely top picks? Where will we position him? Who is he seated with? What's his back story. When it's done well, we think everyone is winging it.  But truth is, live shows with high stakes can take weeks of planning before you artive on sight and extensively once they arrive with the sets and equipment.  

Right. That's why I was thinking most, if not all, of the work was done by the producers  and all of their current staff at ABC/ESPN/ NFL  Networks. Then add in the mass of ex-NFL players and the big name college coaches /universities. Lastly- add in all of the residents of the Nashville ( country music capital/doing stage and shows since 192x)  ,the Titan officials and surrounding communities who helped with production, ever since it was announced they would be the host city. Sorry- still at a loss at to why/what Malena was sought after, who I guess was in Dallas most of the time, was asked to lend her experience to do.

If Malena managed to get a assignment/position with this group -wonderful. She does seem to have a nack or knows who to ask  , going from one high profile position to the next. She must have one hell of a resume.

Edited by sATL