Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

On 8/17/2019 at 2:25 PM, SmpIsimon said:

Lisa does not like Julia.  I heard she went out to celebrate the night she was cut (and thus wasn't at IHOP).

Also, someone at finals told me that Christina's solo was horrible, but I didn't think it would be that bad.  How she made it back is beyond me.  Girls on the team consider her the weakest of all the veterans.

The only way that I can even come to any logical explanation as to why Christina was all of sudden good enough to the team (AFTER SEVERAL ATTEMPTS) is that she must be close to someone higher up in the organization. She had a terrible Finals and still made it. This entire thing stinks!! 

Another thought on Julia being cut. Maybe TPTB caught wind of the Julia/Lisa feud and decided they did not want any TOXIC issues on the team so they cut the weaker of the two. 

Edited by GeorgiaPeach11
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

The things that make you go hmmmm. This is DCC Emma's husband, he is always happy and very good friends with VK and Samantha. I hope VK didn't help herself to that awesome looking dessert. LMAO

Okay, I think Emma's husband is creepy. He looks like he's 12 and I know he does that dessert thing but why is always hanging out with teenagers? It's just weird to me. #sorrynotsorry

• LOL 7
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, AEJ79 said:

Okay, I think Emma's husband is creepy. He looks like he's 12 and I know he does that dessert thing but why is always hanging out with teenagers? It's just weird to me. #sorrynotsorry

Same! Hahahahahaha

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

The only way that I can even come to any logical explanation as to why Christina was all of sudden good enough to the team (AFTER SEVERAL ATTEMPTS) is that she must be close to someone higher up in the organization. She had a terrible Finals and still made it. This entire thing stinks!! 

Another thought on Julia being cut. Maybe TPTB caught wind of the Julia/Lisa feud and decided they did not want any TOXIC issues on the team so they cut the weaker of the two. 

Julia was never going to make it.  The Cowboys media partnership is with the NBC affiliate (hence why they get so much Meredith Lind).  Julia is at Fox — was never going to happen, and Charlotte knew that.

• Useful 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, go4luca said:

They didn't seem annoyed that she sang though.  Maybe she was trying to stand out by showing her versatility.? 

At SG auditions, they offer the opportunity to sing.  They used to have some of the DCC sing at the games.  I don't know if they've had any good singers in recent years.  Regardless, Jamilla offered diversity in more than one way.  I give her kudos for doing so.

They didn’t, but in the first few seasons Kelli would always say “I don’t think some of the girls knew what they were auditioning for” when they sang at finals. My impression was save your vocal talent for SG auditions. They can give the cheerleaders an opportunity to sing at the game *if* there’s a good singer, but my impression is that it’s not what they’re looking for.

2 hours ago, Dal8las said:

Im shook....see I was oblivious. Thanks everyone for keeping my up to speed. I just never knew what happened. 

tenor.gif

Meanwhile on the other hand. I don't like Cersten, just because. I literally don't have a reason. I just look at her and don't like her. I couldn't give 2 cents about the nurse thingy.  Do you ever get that with people? KelseyB is another one. Eurghhhh cringe. Erica almost rounds out the top 3. But that dislike more came from her opening her mouth 🤣

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, AEJ79 said:

Agreed! LOLOL

4 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

Julia was never going to make it.  The Cowboys media partnership is with the NBC affiliate (hence why they get so much Meredith Lind).  Julia is at Fox — was never going to happen, and Charlotte knew that.

So damn sad. I hate politics in this fashion!!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Hannah's solo 

There was a lot of walking around and breathing in this. The tricks looked difficult but in between I saw a lot of bent legs and not dancing. It’s like there’s tricks and then there’s dancing. I want to see more dancing.

2 hours ago, Kayce said:

Was a lot of "stomp stomp pop a hip then fling a hand" then do a trick and repeat...don't get me wrong...I love Hannah...and she's definitely one of the most if not the most flexible young lady on the team..but I want to see her dance...not her flexibility tricks 🙂 

And yet another...I like Kristen and her dancing is good but something about this seems "heavy".  It's not one of my fave solos.  Ashlee gets that award I believe...she was on fire!!

Kristin’s is a beautiful solo.

Edited by loveanddcc
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Ally and who were the other two? I saw that Meredith Barnett tried out. She's a vet but wasn't on the team last year, so not sure if you were including her, or if there are two more besides her.

I've been keeping an eye out for Meredith. I keep expecting her to audition for DCC since she's Trisha Trevino's sister-in-law, but this does not bode well.

She cut Ally, Natalie and Kelsie. Idk why, but Ally is the most shocking since she was in DCC finals 

2 hours ago, Tootie said:

Just adding a visual aid! lol

On a side note.... I wonder if VK is watching this season and thinking..

"Ohhhhh!! So THAT'S what I looked like last year!!!!"

2019-08-19.png

Looks like Kat is the new whipping "boy"  I hope she redeems herself. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

Why would that matter? Fox doesn’t own Julia. She can have two different contracts yeah? 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Weeklydcc said:

Looks like Kat is the new whipping "boy"  I hope she redeems herself. 

It’s funny how our perceptions are shaped. I read the boards before I watched the episode, and based on the comments, I was expecting the worst. I thought I was going to be super annoyed by her, but I wasn’t. Now, I don’t think she should’ve made finals based on what was shown, but I find her kind of goofy. She doesn’t strike me as someone who takes herself too seriously, and I think she would be someone who I would go out with and laugh the whole time. I appreciate that. Who knows though, had I watched the show prior to reading the boards, maybe my expectations would’ve been different and I be on the “go away Kat” train lol.

• Love 24
22 hours ago, Ninamags said:

According to Wikipedia:

The Beastie Boys have sold 26 million records in the United States and 50 million records worldwide, making them the biggest-selling rap group since Billboard began recording sales in 1991.[3] With seven platinum-selling albums from 1986 to 2004,[4]the Beastie Boys were one of the longest-lived hip hop acts worldwide. In 2012, they became the third rap group to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Hardly what I would call a novelty act. 🙄🙄🙄

Agreed. The Beastie Boys were produced by Rick Rubin,  FTLOG. They made an indelible mark on rap music and are undeniably respected in the industry. 

https://diffuser.fm/read-chuck-ds-and-ll-cool-js-complete-beastie-boys-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-induction-speeches/

• Love 10
37 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

Meanwhile on the other hand. I don't like Cersten, just because. I literally don't have a reason. I just look at her and don't like her. I couldn't give 2 cents about the nurse thingy.  Do you ever get that with people? KelseyB is another one. Eurghhhh cringe. Erica almost rounds out the top 3. But that dislike more came from her opening her mouth 🤣

Not DCC related but Anne Hathaway. I cant stand her and I have no legit reason why.

DCC related: I fast forwarded through all the Victoria parts. I like Bret but she seems super vacant when she talks. Same with Meridith. I liked Julia. Love Chandi. Have no idea who Lisa is. Kirsten does not look her best but I'm glad she has more confidence. Gabby was a little thicker but shes so pretty that I dont care. Never liked Christina from her "oh... I suck at jump splits because i just now hurt myself *paraphrasing here). Lily is forgettable to me so are all the other ones. Kat annoys me. But I will enjoy waiting for her and Victoria to go at it. Or... the super team into one giant s****** annoying cheerleader.

• Love 6
49 minutes ago, loveanddcc said:

They didn’t, but in the first few seasons Kelli would always say “I don’t think some of the girls knew what they were auditioning for” when they sang at finals. My impression was save your vocal talent for SG auditions. They can give the cheerleaders an opportunity to sing at the game *if* there’s a good singer, but my impression is that it’s not what they’re looking for.

Guess we see it differently.  I think if they did not want anyone singing during Finals, they would spell it out not to do so.  Again, they did not seem upset that Jamilla sang for a portion of her solo.  🙅‍♀️

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Guess we see it differently.  I think if they did not want anyone singing during Finals, they would spell it out not to do so.  Again, they did not seem upset that Jamilla sang for a portion of her solo.  🙅‍♀️

Maybe she is using the video from Auditions to send to American Idol in case she doesn't  make the team this year. 🤷‍♂️

• LOL 4
4 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I have been cracking up over this for the last half hour. Miranda looks like a lunatic.

It's funny how something that looks powerful and energetic when performed as a group makes you look completely deranged when doing it alone.

But...look at that technique!  You can tell she is a highly trained dancer with impeccable...chest placement.  I think I feel a tear coming on.  I have to laugh when they talk about how well someone spins when this is actually what **they DO** on the field.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

The things that make you go hmmmm. This is DCC Emma's husband, he is always happy and very good friends with VK and Samantha. I hope VK didn't help herself to that awesome looking dessert. LMAO

I realize he’s super successful and on his way to being super rich but DUDE IS CREEPY. 😂😂😂😂😂

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, loveanddcc said:

She cut Ally, Natalie and Kelsie. Idk why, but Ally is the most shocking since she was in DCC finals 

Thanks for the intel, I had no idea. SDW comes across as a "big sister" to so many of the AAIA, they seem to love her. It's surprising to see those kinds of cuts.

44 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I agree. I don't think there's anything wrong with singing as part of your solo. The women already get to demonstrate their power pom and high kick skills in other parts of the audition process. The solo is a chance to show what makes a girl different/special and give the judges a reason to choose her over someone else.

Back when show group did the variety show, the team needed singers, and demonstrating that you could sing during your solo, could definitely give you an edge in getting picked for TC. If you waited until SG auditions to show that talent, you might not even get on the team. They don't need singers the way they used to, but I expect the judges think it's a nice change of pace from the 75 jazz/lyrical solos. (I think this is also why tap/hip-hop solos are so appreciated.)

I don't think the judges are annoyed by singers. They're annoyed by women who try to sing and are bad at it. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

I think she would be someone who I would go out with and laugh the whole time.

56 minutes ago, Shady580 said:

But I will enjoy waiting for her and Victoria to go at it. 

I can see Kat being her goofy self and not taking something seriously, and VK just staring at her and "having no words" cause she can't identify with that.  But I can see Kat and Mama Kalina going out and having a blast:)

1 minute ago, sleepyjean said:

I don't think the judges are annoyed by singers. They're annoyed by women who try to sing and are bad at it. 

Remember Starr Spangler singing in the two hour special?  That was bad.  I believe she stuck to dancing for her next two solos.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, JayDKay said:

Omg girl let it out...I really like Cersten, I wished I stayed ignorant to her messy ways. To answer your question. The only person that I don't like on sight is Judi. She just always gives off bad vibes. She is like that middle school mom that no matter what, it was never her child's fault. However, I bet she is fun once you get some tequila in her. Everyone usually lightens up with that or cries. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Dal8las said:

Omg girl let it out...I really like Cersten, I wished I stayed ignorant to her messy ways. To answer your question. The only person that I don't like on sight is Judi. She just always gives off bad vibes. She is like that middle school mom that no matter what, it was never her child's fault. However, I bet she is fun once you get some tequila in her. Everyone usually lightens up with that or cries. 

Oh, I'd love a little drinky poo with Judy and/or Kelly.  That would be a fun time fiesta!!!!  But, Cersten just looks like a mean girl.  I think she was the brightest of the mean girls and worked the others like a puppeteer.  No, I don't know her or have insight....that's just my read.  I've seen that look before.  And, I have a real big hardspot for that lying in general - faking credientials is just beyond the pale.  But I am sorry we "took your innocence away" when it comes to her :).

Edited by Opine
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

OK so going through his Insta he is either on a permanent runners high, sugar high, high on life, or all of the above. How did he and Emma meet? Also, VK looks so thin here it kind of scares me. I went through a workout til your bones stick out phase.....thats what scares me about the DCC. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Just rewatched deliberations.   Char looks to have way too much makeup on.  It looks like a corner worker.  I hate to be negative, but the way she picks apart these girls randomly...she should take a hard look at herself.  #ftlog. Jmho.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Dal8las said:

OK so going through his Insta he is either on a permanent runners high, sugar high, high on life, or all of the above. How did he and Emma meet? Also, VK looks so thin here it kind of scares me. I went through a workout til your bones stick out phase.....thats what scares me about the DCC. 

Actually yeah she is looking scary thin. Like the kind of thin that’s unnatural and ages you. Like Lily and Daphne....some people’s bodies aren’t meant to and don’t look good at a certain weight. And a team is not worth it. Kashara was the smart one: her body couldn’t do it so she didn’t force it. 

• Love 5
On 8/18/2019 at 12:17 AM, scorpio1031 said:

Too bad they won't do a split screen of VK and Kelcey - both in red, both doing lyrical, one doing beautiful turns.

Maybe CMT won't, but I'm sure we have some talented people on here who could put a side by side video of VK and Kelcey's solos together.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Deweymom said:

Just rewatched deliberations.   Char looks to have way too much makeup on.  It looks like a corner worker.  I hate to be negative, but the way she picks apart these girls randomly...she should take a hard look at herself.  #ftlog. Jmho.

Yes!!!  And she complained that Julia needed to lighten her makeup.  Hello, it's possible Julia was told to do something with her makeup for the big screen.  Why not just make a note, and then when she got into TC, pass it to Marshall for the makeovers.

I'd be curious if CMT ever gives Charlotte direction like they gave Kitty, and if Char ever gave them back the snotty eye roll.  @Dal8las - you're our GIF-y girl - do you have one of Char giving that look?

• Love 3
22 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

She's just watching - no emotion on her face.  The only judge I saw react was Kelli.

And Kelli practically swooned on the table. Her reaction was so overblown I yelled "Oh for God's sake, control yourself" at the TV!

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:

And Kelli practically swooned on the table. Her reaction was so overblown I yelled "Oh for God's sake, control yourself" at the TV!

I'm sure that is nothing compared to how she will be if we see the girls prep for the Queen concert.  She is over the top obsessed with Bohemian Rhapsody.

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, Opine said:

But, Cersten just looks like a mean girl.  I think she was the brightest of the mean girls and worked the others like a puppeteer. 

Yaaasssss!

also Kitty is a beyotch but note how she took instant dislike to Erica. She knows how to sniff potential drama and tries to nip it.  She did love Holly though.

I personally think they didn’t like Weather Girl bc she already had some media following outside of DCC. I guess it wasn’t enough free advertising thought. 

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Dal8las said:

This is from at least a year ago, if not more. It was posted here last year during Training Camp as I recall.

• Love 1

Some of you are saying Char and I don't know if you're referring to Charm or Charlotte, lol.

I think Charm is beautiful.  I didn't realize she'd grown up in Compton.  Not the easiest L.A. neighborhood from which to make something of yourself.

Listening to this interview, I like her approach of paying it forward.  It's a philosophy I've made a point of living myself. 

Whether you like her not, she has paid her dues and does have  experienced views from various perspectives:  the performer's, the choreographer's and the director's.  I do like that she brings a fresh objectivity to the table.  I hope CMT includes on MTT when she comes in to teach during TC.

Edited by go4luca
grammar
  • Love 24
1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

I realize he’s super successful and on his way to being super rich but DUDE IS CREEPY. 😂😂😂😂😂

I...I'm so confused. What does he actually DO? Food critic? Competitive eater?

And so I'm on topic: I don't get CMT (Comcast gets enough of my money each month) and haven't decided whether to buy this season. Is it going to be worth giving Amazon the $20 or so?

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, BlueSilver said:

I...I'm so confused. What does he actually DO? Food critic? Competitive eater?

And so I'm on topic: I don't get CMT (Comcast gets enough of my money each month) and haven't decided whether to buy this season. Is it going to be worth giving Amazon the $20 or so?

I think he’s an investment banker. Or something in finance. He went to Harvard. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I think he’s an investment banker. Or something in finance. He went to Harvard. 

2 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Emma’s hubs comes off a little bit creepy and um, not the type to like women? Also why is he hanging around as besties with a teenager? Something’s sour in that milk. 

I want to say vice president for Merrill Lynch??  Sam Finglass was Ivy League bound and ended up going to Texas A&M.  Emma's husband went to Harvard but came back to Texas A&M to get his masters, so I would say maybe he acted as a mentor for her.  Cause he just presented Sam with her Aggie ring.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, KatebytheSea said:

As a member of DCC leadership, Jenna had an obligation to coach Holly, and not sidestep the issue because Holly wasn't in her group. Doing so undermined her own leadership and undermined Jinelle.

I know it's not popular, but it means something to sign your name to a contract and agree to the terms, and those terms stipulated the expectations both on the job and off. It takes integrity and character to do what you agree to. Anyway, it's clear I'm in the minority on this topic, so I'll bow out of further discussions. I agree to disagree and will move on to other topics! 😊

If I could like this again, I would. #truthbomb

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Yes!!!  And she complained that Julia needed to lighten her makeup.  Hello, it's possible Julia was told to do something with her makeup for the big screen.  Why not just make a note, and then when she got into TC, pass it to Marshall for the makeovers.

I'd be curious if CMT ever gives Charlotte direction like they gave Kitty, and if Char ever gave them back the snotty eye roll.  @Dal8las - you're our GIF-y girl - do you have one of Char giving that look?

I couldn't find the eye roll, but I found this look....

giphy.gif

Edited by Dal8las
  • LOL 5
2 minutes ago, Dal8las said:

I couldn't find the eye role, but I found this look....

giphy.gif

Is it me or does that hairstyle make Charlotte look younger? I actually like it.

Edited by DCCFanInKy
horrid typing
  • Love 17

Anyone else think it was cruel to put that Road to DCC girl on the bad dancers clips? I mean she really is not up to par with last year’s rockstar rookie class but neither are basically any of this year’s TCC candidates, but why be mean when she’s really working hard and investing a lot of emotion and time into this? Just give her a you’re not quite there no and don’t embarrass her on TV.

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, Dal8las said:

I couldn't find the eye roll, but I found this look....

During judges deliberation for solos, she bashed Julia, who Melissa then defended and Char had a look:)

This one you found is good too - she has quite a few in her arsenal...LOL!!!

1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

During judges deliberation for solos, she bashed Julia, who Melissa then defended and Char had a look:)

This one you found is good too - she has quite a few in her arsenal...LOL!!!

Haha hadn't we better move this to the "Owner's group" forum lol?  BTW I can't believe Charlotte's 53 according to Wiki ....She's the same age as one of my best friends and doesn't look a day over 35

• LOL 3