Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Dal8las said:

I remember that! Kelli gets so shady when these girls act like actual humans and just bounce. However, I know they have contract obligations and a bad note from the Dallas Cowboys could harm a girl's future. However, these girls barely get paid for a year and are not always treated kindly. So I don't blame some of them leaving if something comes up. I mean I would haha

I was watching season 11 episode 2 and i think that it was unecessary that kelli said "after 5 years of trying..." when she called Amy Simone for training camp, i think that was shady.

Guys. So I was trying to get information today and the ONLY thing I COULD get is that the confirmed team is correct. But I was asked how do I know like several times lol. I’m like oh cmon on! 

They were like “was that leaked?” 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I just figured the 37 was the standard 36 plus VK's spot on the team.  And ftr, I'm not a VK hater either; it's just how it seems to me.  

it was probably actually to accommodate another girl, i feel like VK had a great run this season and was never in trouble cuz shes a great dancer. they just show her cuz shes bubbly. i feel like she's really fun in person IMO

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

I just want to note that having a team of 37 isn't some crazy unusual thing.

While the team aims for 36 every year, it usually ISN'T 36. I don't know how the rumor got started that 36 was a hard line that could never be crossed, but based on the data, that isn't the case.

In the 15 years this has been on the air (including the special in 2005), they've had a team of 36 only four times. 

34: 2010, 2011, 2015
35: 2006, 2009
36: 2008, 2014, 2017, 2018
37: 2016, 2019
38: 2005, 2007, 2013
39: 2012

• Useful 4
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, whosadcc said:

Holly was not in Jenna's group, but was good friends with Jenna.  Holly was in Jinelle's group and the second leader was Elizabeth. 

Thanks for the info. Gotta say that as Group 1 leader, Jenna still had an obligation to coach Holly instead of join in. If Jinelle wasn't aware of what Holly was doing, Jenna should have partnered with her to coach Holly. An unfortunate situation all around. 😞

• Love 3

They just posted a preview for interviews on FB and who did they showcase the longest you may ask?  Veruca.  And the question was on Social Media hate . . .  All I could still see were her teeth.

• LOL 7
35 minutes ago, Kaelha said:

Remember that one time about 24 hours ago when someone bamboozled us and said Gina quit and it rocked our world? 😂  

#hitandrun (still my favorite)

Um, no, I have no idea what you're talking about!😲

Seriously. by the time that crisis was cleared up my energy was so drained (and I realize I fan girl over Gina way more than most) that the team announcement was a little anticlimactic for me.  With one exception.

I also remember pages and pages ago when it was hinted Jalyn was on the bubble and then there was an insider hint a vet would be cut. I am very thankful and happy that Jalyn is still on the team!

DCC drama is just one reason to be distracted at work - Friday is another - be the adequatest of the adequate and then reward yourself with a weekend! 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, JessG29 said:

Yeah I feel like she shouldn’t be on the team if that’s the case

I was an OB/ GYN nurse for years, and that is just not true. If you have always worked out, the physician usually encourages the woman to remain active. . The only things she shouldn't do is the jump split. So if she is pregnant, she might not do pre game. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, rl27rl said:

They just posted a preview for interviews on FB and who did they showcase the longest you may ask?  Veruca.  And the question was on Social Media hate . . .  All I could still see were her teeth.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Whitney Isleib and Cassie were pregnant towards the end of their seasons. Whitney was at Pro Bowl and Cassie was on a USO tour I believe. IF someone is pregnant, they should be fine if they don't over do it. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Not that anyone cares, but while I have my spreadsheet out, these are the tenure stats 2005-2019:

234 cheerleaders total

1 year: 66 (28%)
2 years: 67 (29%)
3 years: 47 (20%)
4 years: 27 (12%)
5 years: 24 (10%)
6 years: 2 (1%)
7 years: 1 (<1%)

I care.  I find it interesting.  Thanks!

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Not that anyone cares, but while I have my spreadsheet out, these are the tenure stats 2005-2019:

234 cheerleaders total

1 year: 66 (28%)
2 years: 67 (29%)
3 years: 47 (20%)
4 years: 27 (12%)
5 years: 24 (10%)
6 years: 2 (1%)
7 years: 1 (<1%)

That's a great insight. Most just do one year as a rookie and a vet and then leave. I wonder how many of those 1st years were actually cut so never made it to get a 2nd year anyway!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Maybe none of the TCC stood out in a bad enough way to warrant cutting.  What do you do if everyone looks wonderful.  Perhaps TPTB decided not to crush anyone else's "dream" after Julia's cut or . . . decided they didn't want to face this forum's ire if it was done (highly unlikely I know).  

They seemed to have no problem crushing Lily's dreams last year, cutting her on the very last night without giving her any feedback or constructive criticism throughout Training Camp because 36 was a strict max number for the team. 

PS I'm happy for Kristin.  She seemed so defeated all Training Camp last year.  I hope we see a lighter side to her personality this season.   

• Love 7
Just now, DzignerGurl said:

I cannot believe I'm saying this, but I actually really VK's response about who to cut. Way to think on your feet for a tricky question. Go figure!

She did do well.  Surprised me!

• Love 16
8 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I care.  I find it interesting.  Thanks!

💙 😁

6 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

That's a great insight. Most just do one year as a rookie and a vet and then leave. I wonder how many of those 1st years were actually cut so never made it to get a 2nd year anyway!

I just started working on exit reason (cut vs retirement) and I also want to add who became an allstar and for how long. Definitely going to need this group's help on all of that. The whole reason I created a spreadsheet is I can't remember anything myself!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Squeek said:

Kelly did her usual.... exaggerating

29 vets were coming back, Lauren retired last minute, Gabby was cut at finals, so 27 went into TC.  Yes, she kept saying 30 returning.  She also said more than 400 auditioned.   

I just watched that part again where she was speaking to the judges and she said something like, “no more than 10 spots available”

2 minutes ago, DzignerGurl said:

I cannot believe I'm saying this, but I actually really liked VK's response about who to cut. Way to think on your feet for a tricky question. Go figure!

She did seem to do well but she is also very comfortable with everyone there. I think it would have been a much tougher question for someone else who doesn’t personally know TPTB. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, DzignerGurl said:

I cannot believe I'm saying this, but I actually really liked VK's response about who to cut. Way to think on your feet for a tricky question. Go figure!

Yeah even as an adamant Veruka hater I’m even falling for her good edit 🤪 she’s coming off as more polished. Thanks to the insiders who are continuing to remind us that that’s NOT the case!

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, DzignerGurl said:

I love it! True...NOBODY'S seen Charlotte dance.  Wonder how that'd look? Haha!

• Love 3
1 minute ago, KatieC said:

She did seem to do well but she is also very comfortable with everyone there. I think it would have been a much tougher question for someone else who doesn’t personally know TPTB. 

Agreed!

• Love 1

I seriously don’t understand how these girls don’t go in having studied the Cowboys’ history for the year before, knowing the kick line and jumpsplit, and at least knowing parts of thunderstruck. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
4 minutes ago, KatieC said:

Honestly, I can see it both ways.  As you suggested she was comfortable (she definitely acted too familiar in Kelli's office meetings last year), but this year there could have been feeling added pressure.  She knew she had to find her words and do better or she was never going to hear the end of it.

Edited by go4luca
typo
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, chrishunt said:

Yeah even as an adamant Veruka hater I’m even falling for her good edit 🤪 she’s coming off as more polished. Thanks to the insiders who are continuing to remind us that that’s NOT the case!

Then why is everyone commenting how much they love her? I was stalking the new rookies on instagram and VK has commented on posts and responses to them by the girls were how much they love her. Meredith especially was like "I have a surprise for you tonight <3"

Sorry I don't trust supposed "insiders" over the girls themselves who are with her day in and day out

Edited by dccgirl88
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Dal8las said:

I remember that! Kelli gets so shady when these girls act like actual humans and just bounce. However, I know they have contract obligations and a bad note from the Dallas Cowboys could harm a girl's future. However, these girls barely get paid for a year and are not always treated kindly. So I don't blame some of them leaving if something comes up. I mean I would haha

When Kellie made that statement about 7 vets retiring, that was the day of the NFL draft, which is held in April.  I would imagine that some of the ladies had not decided yet.

• Useful 1

Does anyone have any tea to spill about Kelli and Tina's relationship?  We all heard it was not good after VK's cut last year, and VK and TK didn't even attend the Meet the Team.  Is all well now that VK made has officially made the team and Show Group?  Or was there permanent damage there?  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, dccgirl88 said:

Then why is everyone commenting how much they love her? I was stalking the new rookies on instagram and VK has commented on posts and responses to them by the girls were how much they love her. Meredith especially was like "I have a surprise for you tonight <3"

All kinds of reasons come to mind.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Does anyone remember how long after squad announcement the new ladies get their DCC twitter? I did a search and came up with an account that looks like Victoria's but there's no activity on it.  Didn't find anybody else's though 

Right after the last episode they turn them on 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, dccgirl88 said:

Idk I choose not to believe the bad in people unless I see it personally. I don't think people would kiss her ass to stay on her good side so she doesn't "tattle" but that's just me. 

I don't think it's a matter of believing in the inherent good or bad in people, but rather just understanding the practicality of the situation.  VK holds a protected status that is well known to anyone trying to get on this team, and I wouldn't want to get on her bad side if I was fighting for a spot.      

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
4 minutes ago, Dal8las said:

I think it is so sad that people actually dm and harassed her. 

I'm not surprised,  though.  Say what you want about Cassie and Victoria,  they have to be pretty strong to handle all the backlash from the public without crumbling.

• Love 19
23 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

💙 😁

I just started working on exit reason (cut vs retirement) and I also want to add who became an allstar and for how long. Definitely going to need this group's help on all of that. The whole reason I created a spreadsheet is I can't remember anything myself!

I know for sure Nicole Bulcher and Emma have like 7-8 years if you include allstars ...

Edited by Dal8las
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, go4luca said:
  15 minutes ago, dccgirl88 said:

Agree totally!!! Rookies, current vets, and past DCC’s are all over her Instagram. They all love her. Like me💙

• LOL 3
  • Love 1