Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

So what did y'all think about Katy from UCLA, Daphne's old teammate. From the few clips I saw her dance she could really move and she knew all the dances. I know she made Finals but I wonder why she didn't make TC???

I thought she was adorable!!

• Love 14
58 minutes ago, Jennv said:

VK is the only one that I thought looked big, as in universally big, not just DCC world big. I did think Maddie looked pudgy in the pic posted up thread, but that is the only pic I’ve ever seen of her that I thought she looked that way. 

I didn’t think the Night Of  the Fatty girls looked at all big either. Also had no clue why they kept saying grace sells was heavy. I did think Keyra was too heavy for the uniform and did not look good in it, but for some reason they gave her a pass 

Grace Sells was one of my favorites. She was not big either. VK was so much bigger. There have been several girls that they cut due to weight that have confused me. Grace was so talented and beautiful too. I never understood why Keyra made it being built the way she was, but Vivian didn't. The Vivian from the first try out, not the poem Vivian!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, rhofmovalley said:

Well, she deserves respect.  In fact, we HAVE to give her the respect to lose the weight.

The rest are lazy fatties who eat too many burgers.

Is Sargeant Jay in the house or are you just happy to be here? 😆

• LOL 2

Not sure if I'm allowed to link this here or not, but ProDanceCheer has some great stills from the field at Finals:

https://prodancecheer.com/nfl/cowboys/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-finals-auditions-photo-gallery-no-4/nggallery/page/1

I hate to say it, but VK looks really lovely (IMO).

ETA: Sorry if these are old news! They came out while I was on vacay and I never must've came across them until now. 

Edited by DzignerGurl
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

Is Sargeant Jay in the house or are you just happy to be here? 😆

Where is Jay?  They haven't really shown him since he questioned Cassie's leniency her last and undeserving year . . .

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

So what did y'all think about Katy from UCLA, Daphne's old teammate. From the few clips I saw her dance she could really move and she knew all the dances. I know she made Finals but I wonder why she didn't make TC???

She was shown in one of the lost in choreo clips. Plus she’s a little heavy for DCC imho. Only Veruka deserves to be given time to get weight off, remember????

Edited by chrishunt
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, AAT said:

Grace Sells was one of my favorites. She was not big either. VK was so much bigger. There have been several girls that they cut due to weight that have confused me. Grace was so talented and beautiful too. I never understood why Keyra made it being built the way she was, but Vivian didn't. The Vivian from the first try out, not the poem Vivian!!!

Vivian's legs were short & muscular....the boots swallowed her. I remember them trying to pose her for the best effect at cameos

2 minutes ago, chrishunt said:

She was shown in one of the lost in choreo clips. Plus she’s a little heavy for DCC imho. Only Veruka deserves to be given time to get weight off, remember????

Wow, I didn't see her get lost I thought she was GR8 and she made finals, but I agree that it was probably weight.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

Also, I know they only showed a few clips of Bret but when they did she was always a bit negative, did anyone else pick up an attitude/snobby vibe from Bret?  Hoping she can prove me wrong as they show more of her in TC. 

Yes! I really liked her in photos from social media. But once I heard her talk, I totally got kind of a stuck-up snobby vibe from her. Like uptight stepford wife. Sorry 😬

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

I thought she was very talented but very generic & they probably had their quota of blonde girls for the season...

• Useful 1

I think the stricter weight requirements come from Charlotte as a result of that Jumbotron. Right after it was installed, all her comments on the girls had to do with weight. I remember one season she was complaining about what Kelli was feeding the vets. I think she ascribes to the “you can never be too thin or too rich” school of thought. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

Wow, I didn't see her get lost I thought she was GR8 and she made finals, but I agree that it was probably weight.

Such a bummer because they took Gina who was also shown in the lost clips! Hopefully she comes back slimmer next year, she’s such a cutie and has the DCC look down pat.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, chrishunt said:

What's a lost in choreo clip?

1 hour ago, Jennv said:

VK is the only one that I thought looked big, as in universally big, not just DCC world big. I did think Maddie looked pudgy in the pic posted up thread, but that is the only pic I’ve ever seen of her that I thought she looked that way. 

I didn’t think the Night Of  the Fatty girls looked at all big either. Also had no clue why they kept saying grace sells was heavy. I did think Keyra was too heavy for the uniform and did not look good in it, but for some reason they gave her a pass 

I actually wish more DCCs had the Keyra look.  She's only heavy by DCC standards which need to change.  I remember Kandi years ago who ended up marrying a pro golfer.  She had that short curvy body also.  To me it's a good look.  I don't mind the tiny women.  It can be a great look.  Case in point - Kelli from last year.  But I don't think DCC fans would revolt if they started selecting women of varying sizes and, yes, complexions.

• Love 13
38 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

Also, I know they only showed a few clips of Bret but when they did she was always a bit negative, did anyone else pick up an attitude/snobby vibe from Bret?  Hoping she can prove me wrong as they show more of her in TC. 

I thought she looked a hot mess. She needs to take out them extensions. Her hair is worse then VKs lol

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

Hannah's eyebrows are the same...lmao, she is also not attractive to me either. Sorry 

Hannah is not attractive. Truthfully, we have more butterfaces than ever on this team. I would comment on VKS face, but i cant see it, only see teeth.

• LOL 10
  • Love 6
24 minutes ago, lisab said:

I've been a Brennan fan since Day 1.  I love that she's not a cookie-cutter blonde Barbie with stereotypical features and that big ol' gummy smile.  She's gorgeous just the way she is and she brings a down-to-earth-edness and class to the team.

It's frustrating to hear that she's not DCC pretty. I think she's cute and has a great figure and a nice smile.  She also comes off as intelligent and a woman among girls (side eye VK). She's not the best dancer or the prettiest but she's a team player. The way the vets tackled her on team reveal night says a lot about how well liked she is. 

Its strange that neither Maddie nor Amy is "dcc pretty" enough to be point, but then Gina, who kills it when she dances isn't considered either.  She's probably not the typical DCC girl but now we have two girls that aren't typical and who don't dance nearly as well.  You might as well go with unconventional look who dances great.  Now I'm singing "Dance, 10, Looks 3" from Chorus line.  I guess the "not DCC pretties" need to go get their noses done and a bit of work so they can be acceptable? 

Or maybe we can just say that they can be natural and it's okay with us?

• Love 12
Just now, Lindsay Loo Hoo said:

Hannah is not attractive. Truthfully, we have more butterfaces than ever on this team. I would comment on VKS face, but i cant see it, only see teeth.

I think Hannah is absolutely stunning!!! I also love TCC Amanda's look. I'm so sick of the cookie cutter ' I can't tell if it's Alexis, Molly, Rachel or Miranda' look. Or the 'wait is that Melissa or Amy t' look. 

2 minutes ago, tacosandtequila said:

I think bret kinda resembles Miranda Kerr. Really beautiful, but I didn't get the best impression of her.

I thought that too from photos!! On video she doesn't look as good. Kind of muddy.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, JayDKay said:

I think Hannah is absolutely stunning!!! I also love TCC Amanda's look. I'm so sick of the cookie cutter ' I can't tell if it's Alexis, Molly, Rachel or Miranda' look. Or the 'wait is that Melissa or Amy t' look. 

Thats why this forum is fun, everyone has different opinions as to who is attractive and who isnt!! :D.  Sidenote-never cared for Amy T either

• Love 3
Just now, Lindsay Loo Hoo said:

Thats why this forum is fun, everyone has different opinions as to who is attractive and who isnt!! :D.  Sidenote-never cared for Amy T either

Really the only people who I thought never had the "look" which in fact I think is a bullshit thing. But Collin from S7 just looked like she had come from a week long bender. And Cersten who looked like she was ready to stab a bitch. They always look better after the retire anyway. If Cersten had worn her hair naturally like she does now, my opinion would've been a lot different!! Sometimes I really wonder what the hell K&J are thinking! 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
Just now, JayDKay said:

Really the only people who I thought never had the "look" which in fact I think is a bullshit thing. But Collin from S7 just looked like she had come from a week long bender. And Cersten who looked like she was ready to stab a bitch. They always look better after the retire anyway. If Cersten had worn her hair naturally like she does now, my opinion would've been a lot different!! Sometimes I really wonder what the hell K&J are thinking! 

Truth on Collin...that girl...should not have been on team based on her face alone. I will throw Alum Rachel with the red hair in there as well, cant remember her last name.

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, Kaerin said:

What's a lost in choreo clip?

The clips where they show the girls who don’t know the choreo and make mistakes/look around at others. They just look lost. Usually accompanied by commentary of K&J saying not everyone can pick up their choreo fast

edited: just saw you figured it out!! 

Edited by chrishunt
7 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

I know she is very well liked, but Meredith Oden is my vote for least attractive Dcc ever. That girl has a face for radio

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

OMG Collin she did look like that, too funny! She seemed so sweet, the poor thing was devastated when she was cut oh I'm also remembering her orange oompa loompa tan...

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, TB12 said:

OMG Collin she did look like that, too funny! She seemed so sweet, the poor thing was devastated when she was cut oh I'm also remembering her orange oompa loompa tan...

Didn't she pull her hair out of a clip during her routine?  And it went kind of crazy?  

40 minutes ago, cgloss said:

I think the stricter weight requirements come from Charlotte as a result of that Jumbotron.

Yes, because it provides clarity.  The judges are looking for clarity.  Sometimes you need a little clarity.  

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Ohhhh yes! Thanks.  Now I can see the replay of it in my head.  (OK back on topic 🙂 )

Seriously?? Kash??

3 hours ago, Rosie-Brooklyn said:

It's just insane to me after taking a class with Kash at the studio she works for that she would ever be talked about as being on WW. She is literally so small (and gorgeous) in person. 

I agree. I love Kashara. I think she is gorgeous and has a great figure. However go back and watch the veteran farewell segment from the last episode. Not sure if it's what she's wearing or a bad angle but you can definitely see some "extra" on the side especially when they show her from the back. I was kinda shocked to see that on her because she has always looked amazing. Of course not having to worry about trying out, I'd be eating whatever I wanted! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

I'm also going with weight.  If she messed up as others have mentioned, then the jumbotron probably sealed it.

Katy 2_DSC_6476.jpg

Katy 3_DSC_6510.jpg

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Last year’s cameos are really not a good indicator of the way the DCC really look. Tasha looked 40, Hannah looked like a “this is what meth does to you “ ad, Lauren looked old, hell, I don’t remember anyone looking amazing. 

I’m still bitter about Megan C. leaving. The girl was a powerhouse. 

It’s ironic that we have the fat discussion and then hear rumors about the ladies struggling with food issues. How about a decent uniform that doesn’t look like a diaper bottom with a hooker top?

• LOL 6
  • Love 17

I think consistency and lack of jiggle are key. The white shorts look terrible when they’re too tight, so if a girl hops from a 4 to a 6 easily it’s gonna show. And I don’t think it’s reasonable for them to have to size up shorts because a dancer can’t maintain their figure. That’s a pretty solid standard for any paid dance job. 

I do think there’s room for a curvier figure like Kashara’s or even dayton’s that Kelli loves so much, but that goes back to jiggle where jiggles shan’t be. Some DCC manage to gain ten pounds without too much adverse effect, others (like Hannah) not so much. Ten pounds impacts everyone differently depending in height, build, etc. 

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, dbell1 said:

Megan C. is one of my all time favs.  She was and still is, gorgeous.

megan_carcioppolo_small.jpg

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 23
2 hours ago, Jennv said:

IMHO Keyra looked great.

I've noticed that any girl that does a lot of the talking heads, gets viewed as attention seeking, arrogant, or having an attitude. Keyra, VK, now Kat.

20190812_192628.jpg

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
19 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

That's who should be cut, but there's absolutely no way that will happen.  She has known all along that she has a guaranteed spot on this year's squad (you'll notice she wasn't at all concerned about falling out of a simple turn at prelims -- she knew it didn't matter).

If I had to pick a legacy to stay I would have picked Madeline S. Comparing her to VK in the two episodes that have aired so far, she just comes across as much more polished & mature. I mean, take for example how much we have seen of VK versus Madeline. We've gotten VK inserting herself into conversation...I mean "bonding" with other returning rookies, toasting her fellow dancers at the water cooler,her laughing about how her big & bold style made her fall & just doing all she can to convince everyone she is likable.

With Madeline there's been one mention of her in deliberations from Kelli about her being a legacy & how Kelli didn't even recognize her right away. Then there was when Charm sought her out & was chatting with her which I thought was nice & Madeline seemed to be very nice, respectful, natural & actually had words to say. When it comes to dance Madeline seems far more graceful with more finesse compared to VK overdoing her moves & not staying in her space. I also liked Madeline's look better. Her hair was nicely styled & her makeup looked natural & classy while VK whipped that head of straw around and called way too much attention to her teeth with that bright lipstick. Oh well, hopefully Madeline will try out again next year.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:

If I had to pick a legacy to stay I would have picked Madeline S. Comparing her to VK in the two episodes that have aired so far, she just comes across as much more polished & mature. I mean, take for example how much we have seen of VK versus Madeline. We've gotten VK inserting herself into conversation...I mean "bonding" with other returning rookies, toasting her fellow dancers at the water cooler,her laughing about how her big & bold style made her fall & just doing all she can to convince everyone she is likable.

With Madeline there's been one mention of her in deliberations from Kelli about her being a legacy & how Kelli didn't even recognize her right away. Then there was when Charm sought her out & was chatting with her which I thought was nice & Madeline seemed to be very nice, respectful, natural & actually had words to say. When it comes to dance Madeline seems far more graceful with more finesse compared to VK overdoing her moves & not staying in her space. I also liked Madeline's look better. Her hair was nicely styled & her makeup looked natural & classy while VK whipped that head of straw around and called way too much attention to her teeth with that bright lipstick. Oh well, hopefully Madeline will try out again next year.

I don’t think Madeline S has the power or look for DCC although she does seem sweet. Her look is natural, but DCC isn’t. At least VK is pretty gorgeous on a “glamour” level, and I bet at some point she’ll get Botox or whatever to correct her gummy smile. And I say this as a die hard Veruka hater

Edited by chrishunt
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
57 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Yes, because it provides clarity.  The judges are looking for clarity.  Sometimes you need a little clarity.  

😂 Always thought about making it a drinking game, anytime Kelli says she needs clarity 😂

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, VintageJ said:

I remember being a football cheerleader and having to watch out when the play on the field is close.  I remember seeing cheerleaders being mowed down on the sidelines.  The sidelines are not that big.  Granted this was high school so I don’t know if pro field are bigger on the sidelines, but it is still not that big.  If she’s in the back row and the play is close by, the players and others may have to watch out for VK.  

Man if VK moved/fell out of her space enough to get in the way of a player, I'd LOVE to see how K&J try to spin that! "Oh that big brute just wasn't watching where he was going & he chased that ball right into her space! How could he not see where our sweet Victoria was dancing? If our beautiful storm was injured the coach will hear about this!"

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
48 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

Erin is gorgeous. I hope we can see more of her dancing skills. She could be point someday!

I love Erin -- she's a pilates instructor where I take the reformer pilates and she's gorgeous!  I hope she makes it!!!

• Love 7
49 minutes ago, dbell1 said:

Guuurrrlll, me too!!!

I kno Megan went on to become a coach at U of A & is now up north coaching, but I always thought it unfair of the pictures they posted of her...her facials & especially the one from Finales (her final year) & wonder if that’s the real reason she left & if K&J tried to do anything about them. I know someone uses her picture here too...

Anyway, random & out from left field...thanks for reading...

• Love 7