Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

7 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Then you have the amazing 2nd years who probably won’t get their chance to shine and we will lose most of them any way in the next 2 years.

I think this is what kind of worries me the most. It isn't like years past were many would stay for a long time and I really fear that DCC will lose some REALLY good dancers (Jaylin, Bridget) and fan favorites (Brennan, Hannah) before they ascend to any type of leadership or point-like role.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, aimeelou625 said:

I know several here are not Maddie fans.  I’ve been digging around on social media and she is definitely one of there most popular cheerleaders... 11,000 + followers in Twitter and 37,000 + followers on Instagram.  

Not many of the other DCCs even come close to this.  

She is VERY girl next door cute, humble and sweet!  I hope she sticks around for 5 or even 7 years.

Kick ass sweetie and take names!  Maybe next year you will have point by yourself.

She was definitely not boring to watch at the Queen concert!

I think some of this is just a matter of perspective. Personally, I don't dislike Maddie. I just don't see her as point material. I also don't see why social media followers should have anything to do with who is point. In fact, if K&J took that into account, I think that's rather pathetic. 

Now, if people think Maddie is the best dancer on the team, I disagree, but I can understand that. Different strokes! But the fact that the arguments for Maddie seem focus on things other than her dance ability (she's nice, she's different, she's a role model, she's relatable because she's not DCC glam, she has lots of fans), kind of supports the post from someone earlier that she seems to be graded on a curve. Now, I think all of those characteristics are great. The DCCs need nice, humble cheerleaders to even out some of the bigger egos, but I don't see what it has to do with her spot in the formation. 

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, Lona said:

I think this is what kind of worries me the most. It isn't like years past were many would stay for a long time and I really fear that DCC will lose some REALLY good dancers (Jaylin, Bridget) and fan favorites (Brennan, Hannah) before they ascend to any type of leadership or point-like role.

I would think that one of the reasons for this is due to the amount of time that this part time job requires. Between year round rehearsals, appearances, games, and shows (like the Christmas Shows), coupled with possibly being penalized for turning down appearance requests, I think it's difficult for these girls to maintain that schedule while furthering their careers or starting families. 

Plus, they may just be tired. Or want to be able to eat a hamburger and have a beer without having to worry about their juice cleanses prior to the calendar shoot. (That'd be my reason). 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, kevinrm45 said:

Why not just rotate Point between all group leaders? Amy, Maddie, Heather, Tess, Miranda, Lexie, Alexis and Gina would get to be Point at one home game each. It might be a bit confusing, but if the DCC is still as world-class as TPTB claim, they could handle it.

I actually like this idea a lot.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, TinyHands said:

Show this split screen to 100 people on the street and ask who they’d rather see at point. Hint: it won’t be Maddie.

276FA97F-8B51-47A9-A61E-E7B759BF5FB3.jpeg

Ouch, Maddie looks thick in that shot. I know her being on WW has been mentioned a lot, but this is the first time I’ve noticed it.

1 minute ago, MTTFan said:

I do too -- but I think that TPTB may thinking of consistency?

Well I can tell you this...they are never thinking what I'm thinking! 😄

#Laceywasrobbed

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
Just now, ByTor said:

Well I can tell you this...they are never thinking what I'm thinking! 😄

#Laceywasrobbed

Absolutely she was.  I was glad to see that she did go to ProBowl though and stayed with the organization.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

She and Julia did NOT get along.

This is interesting not because I know either one of them, but unless there are specific instances of someone throwing other people under the bus *coughVKcoungh* how can you not get along with someone in camp?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I see a lot of people on the Facebook page claiming Maddie is the best dancer on the team. I’m like no, just no. Gina dances circles around her. I honestly think Amy and Maddie are equal dance wise and Amy has the better physique. However, I would have left Maddie where she was and rotated Amy and Heather. Or just skipped them all and made Gina point. 

• Love 17
41 minutes ago, Lona said:

Add to this Hurricane Veruka and let's see how many second year vets decide two years is enough after a year of being on team with her.  No one wants or needs a team mate (or coworker) who has special complaining rights.  I wonder how many one hit wonders we'll see after people decide that the chosen few with special bitching rights aren't worth putting up with.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

This is interesting not because I know either one of them, but unless there are specific instances of someone throwing other people under the bus *coughVKcoungh* how can you not get along with someone in camp?

Well, they were on the Mavs squad together so I assume they have history which would lead to strife in their current situation,

• Love 5

Stepping out of the shadows to ask if anyone here has any real info about the last cut(s) ? I'm seeing alot of generalized stmts (stressed girls, super-secret-squirrel cuts, old news, etc) but no breaking news. They have to be naming the team in the next couple of days, so who is the last cut? Anyone know for sure?

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

They were both Mavs dancers.

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but I would like to say Thank you 🙏 to the insiders who patiently answer our questions (even when the answer is not a spoiler.)

It must be a difficult line to straddle. I appreciate your time an input. Thank you!!!

Edited by Dnst1973
Added a word.
  • Love 20
5 minutes ago, SingleMom9 said:

They were both Mavs dancers.

I wonder how many times K&J have had to talk to former teammates about how they are on a new team now, and what happened in that locker room, stays in that locker room

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I wonder how many times K&J have had to talk to former teammates about how they are on a new team now, and what happened in that locker room, stays in that locker room

From everything I’ve read and heard, the DMD just sounded like a horribly catty bunch.  Had the team not been axed, I wonder if Lisa would even be trying out for DCC.  I’m just not a fan.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

So there’s only one more cut and I think this is the first year there are more I would like to see cut. Usually it’s the other way around.  I’m glad Julia was cut and would be happy to see Kristen, Lisa, or Kat go next.  VK of course but that’s not happening. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, SingleMom9 said:

From everything I’ve read and heard, the DMD just sounded like a horribly catty bunch.  Had the team not been axed, I wonder if Lisa would even be trying out for DCC.  I’m just not a fan.

I don't think any of the DMDs would have auditioned for the DCC if their team still existed.

• Love 5
Just now, KatieC said:

So there’s only one more cut and I think this is the first year there are more I would like to see cut. Usually it’s the other way around.  I’m glad Julia was cut and would be happy to see Kristen, Lisa, or Kat go next.  VK of course but that’s not happening. 

Unless they've improved dramatically I'm betting the last cut will be Victoria or Kristen (note I've never seen Kat or Lisa perform).

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, SingleMom9 said:

It’s bad when their director is in on the cattiest to I’ve heard nothing good abt Mallory 

• Love 3
Just now, Holly85 said:

It’s bad when their director is in on the cattiest to I’ve heard nothing good abt Mallory 

Didn't they have to "try out" before every game to see who was going to dance?  I mean, that would stir up issues.

Just now, PunchPowerPop said:

I'm putting money on the last cut being a vet after reading the insiders info. 

There’s too many conflicting details in some of that info for me to believe a vet will be cut. 

• Love 4
Just now, scorpio1031 said:

Didn't they have to "try out" before every game to see who was going to dance?  I mean, that would stir up issues.

Yes they did and if they didn’t do good they didn’t dance that game 

4 minutes ago, KatieC said:

There’s too many conflicting details in some of that info for me to believe a vet will be cut. 

6 minutes ago, PunchPowerPop said:

I'm putting money on the last cut being a vet after reading the insiders info. 

There's only one "insider" on this board whose info I would take as gospel. 

• Love 15
14 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I don't think any of the DMDs would have auditioned for the DCC if their team still existed.

Not true, Julia was already planning on trying out prior to Hearing the news of DMD.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Pau84 said:

Could you please tell Nicole Bulcher and Danielle Barhold that the entire world loves them and that they are just wonderful?

Thank you very much!

Love both of them, but Nicole is the most beautiful DCC ever in my eyes!!!

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, klh25 said:

Not true, Julia was already planning on trying out prior to Hearing the news of DMD.  

I really hope she tries out again, and clearly she was well liked judging by the ihop photo.  Beautiful girl.

Edited by SingleMom9
  • Love 9
16 minutes ago, Holly85 said:
17 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Yes they did and if they didn’t do good they didn’t dance that game 

This is why Kat Dunn didn't often dance even though she was a DMD for years.

17 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I said the same thing back a couple of months ago, it was not a popular opinion. In all fairness, even girls who try out for DCC and don't make it, typically try out for other teams. It is just logical that if DMD is no longer existing, that those girls who still wanted to perform, would try out for DCC. I wish Sheridan had auditioned again. She was in TC a few years back, and I would have loved to see her try again. She's a doll. 

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Anybody on weight warning that we know of?

Two vets are on WW.

12 minutes ago, Jennv said:

@Smplsimon based on what you know, which girls do you think are on the bubble?

All the rookies are pretty weak this year, so honestly all are on the bubble (except Victoria who we always knew was going to make the team).

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, SmpIsimon said:

Two vets are on WW.

All the rookies are pretty weak this year, so honestly all are on the bubble (except Victoria who we always knew was going to make the team).

This is really interesting. Obviously VK is making this team and I don’t think Amanda, Kelcey or Chandi would be cut but beyond that it really could be anyone else!

• Love 4