Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

56 minutes ago, Jennv said:

I see a lot of people on the Facebook page claiming Maddie is the best dancer on the team. I’m like no, just no. Gina dances circles around her. I honestly think Amy and Maddie are equal dance wise and Amy has the better physique. However, I would have left Maddie where she was and rotated Amy and Heather. Or just skipped them all and made Gina point. 

Omg without even thinking too much I’d name Gina, Jalyn, Caroline, daphne, Bridget, Hannah, Amber, Rachel w, better. Maddie has poor technique and relies on a lot of tricks she doesn’t finish. I think I’d put her equal with Amy, Heather, Lexie, Alexis, Ashlee, Brianna, etc. Only thing to me that keeps Maddie out of the blender bunch with Molly, Tess, etc is they are in better shape and prettier. Honestly about the only one I’d compare Maddie to is cianna bc they both are novelty acts that fight weight, except cianna actually has a pretty face. 

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Didn't they have to "try out" before every game to see who was going to dance?  I mean, that would stir up issues.

In Texas, that is the norm for high school dance teams even.  Maybe it is a Texas dance culture thing that carried over to the DMD?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, TeacherWoman said:

In Texas, that is the norm for high school dance teams even.  Maybe it is a Texas dance culture thing that carried over to the DMD?

Considering what I've heard about Mallory, it was probably a power thing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, TeacherWoman said:

I was on a Texas drill team in high school (lots of years ago) but we definitely did not have to try out every week to dance!  In fact one of my officers, Camille Caskey, was a DCC.

Edited by SingleMom9
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Two vets are on WW.

All the rookies are pretty weak this year, so honestly all are on the bubble (except Victoria who we always knew was going to make the team).

Thank you!

4 minutes ago, SingleMom9 said:

I was on a Texas drill team in high school (lots of years ago) but we definitely did not have to try out every week to dance! 

We didn’t try out for games at my hs either, but it was a long time ago.

• Love 1

So, unless those who know things are trying to miss lead the mass speculation, the hints point to the last cut being a vet. 

I like Maddie, she always cones across as always giving 100% and willing to help any of the other young ladies if they ask. 

She has gained weight, she is a healthy weight for any other job on the planet, but ya cant hide anything in those uniforms. Everything looks doubled, a 5lb gain looks like a 10lb gain, 10lb gain looks like a 20lb gain. 

Maddie has a naturally rounder face, that gets rounder when she puts a little weight on. If she were to lose weight, her face would thin out and it would help her look less like a youngish girl next door type.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Two vets are on WW.

All the rookies are pretty weak this year, so honestly all are on the bubble (except Victoria who we always knew was going to make the team).

I’m saying Miranda and Bridget for weight warning. Miranda is like a worse-dancing Maddie to me...super nice girl, good ambassador, but soft and not hot. I’m glad she got her weird boobs fixed, though.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Tornado said:

So, unless those who know things are trying to miss lead the mass speculation, the hints point to the last cut being a vet. 

Or maybe just maybe there won't be anymore cuts and there's a Vet that's injured and out for the season that's being taken into consideration. (just speculation and bad speculation at that)

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

I think some of this is just a matter of perspective. Personally, I don't dislike Maddie. I just don't see her as point material. I also don't see why social media followers should have anything to do with who is point. In fact, if K&J took that into account, I think that's rather pathetic. 

Now, if people think Maddie is the best dancer on the team, I disagree, but I can understand that. Different strokes! But the fact that the arguments for Maddie seem focus on things other than her dance ability (she's nice, she's different, she's a role model, she's relatable because she's not DCC glam, she has lots of fans), kind of supports the post from someone earlier that she seems to be graded on a curve. Now, I think all of those characteristics are great. The DCCs need nice, humble cheerleaders to even out some of the bigger egos, but I don't see what it has to do with her spot in the formation. 

Your logic is very sound and I agree 100%.

1A51F795-4668-4442-B13A-3FBB557D0E60.jpeg.c295575c582abd66029b43dfe1986336.jpeg

18 minutes ago, TeacherWoman said:

True, we always had to try out before games

21 minutes ago, Tornado said:

I like Maddie, she always cones across as always giving 100% and willing to help any of the other young ladies if they ask. 

She has gained weight, she is a healthy weight for any other job on the planet, but ya cant hide anything in those uniforms. Everything looks doubled, a 5lb gain looks like a 10lb gain, 10lb gain looks like a 20lb gain. 

Maddie has a naturally rounder face, that gets rounder when she puts a little weight on. If she were to lose weight, her face would thin out and it would help her look less like a youngish girl next door type.

I have no idea (other than my personal opinion) who the last cut(s) will be and I'm not trying to hint that it'll be a vet (in fact, I would doubt it).  I was just answering the question about WW.  

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • Love 12
13 minutes ago, tacosandtequila said:

I was on drill team in high school (in Dallas) and had weekly tryouts for football game routines! And for competition routines.

I danced in HS in San Antonio, we had to do this as well and make weight every week.  I graduated in 1990. 

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Tornado said:

Maybe the last cut will be VK?

That's who should be cut, but there's absolutely no way that will happen.  She has known all along that she has a guaranteed spot on this year's squad (you'll notice she wasn't at all concerned about falling out of a simple turn at prelims -- she knew it didn't matter).

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

That's who should be cut, but there's absolutely no way that will happen.  She has known all along that she has a guaranteed spot on this year's squad (you'll notice she wasn't at all concerned about falling out of a simple turn at prelims -- she knew it didn't matter).

That was her handler's fault - they should have moved that pesky pom out of her way

• LOL 13
1 minute ago, SmpIsimon said:

VK did fall out of a turn in prelims, but I think if another dancer with great technique did the same, the judges would have overlooked the pom-slip for them as well. That said, I'm not denying that legacies have an edge on other dancers. 

• Love 1

Just caught up with the second episode. Idk why everyone's turned off by Kat now; I like that she seems to be taking it all with a more relaxed attitude. It's hard to watch these girls (like Alexandra P) make themselves sick with worry and perfection every year.

The only other thing that stood out to me is that I agree with whoever said this rookie class is weak - Chandi is my only surefire shoo-in and I'm glad it seems she hasn't been on anyone's negative radar during TC. VK should 100 percent be the last one cut. She's improved a lot but isn't near the talent I'd expect to see on show group or really on the team itself. No way she should have made SG over Jalyn or Chandi.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, DCCFanInKy said:

If I had to guess I'd say maybe Maddie based on that last pic I saw of her on this forum tonight (don't know where it is at the moment)

That pic was last year, early in the season. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, dccfan321 said:

What an odd/random group of suspected WW you chose...

I didn’t choose those are the ones that were thrown around earlier 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 1

Many men prefer the "cute" type to the "gorgeous" type. Perhaps they seem less intimidating and approachable. Maddie fills that niche on the team.

For point, I like to see someone who is not only very accurate, but one that looks like they are having the time of their life. There are several on the squad who give me that impression. Bridget is one that immediately comes to mind.

As to the final cut, I wish someone would tell us, mainly so I could stop refreshing the board and do something useful for the rest of the evening. (Well, unless my favorite is cut and then I will need therapy!)

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

We should look at the IHOP picture and see what they ordered to see who is on WW.

You jest, but as a former waitress the IHOP pics always make me laugh. I'd be willing to bet the bills (all separate of course) are for things like a single pancake, one order of sausage, a slice of pie shared between three people, an order of dry toast, etc etc. Though they might want to up their milkshake quota after the team is announced this season 😉

• LOL 15
18 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I didn’t choose those are the ones that were thrown around earlier 

Sorry, should have clarified. I was referring to the post that initially mentioned them. Thought I had quoted that one. No harm no foul!

Edited by dccfan321
  • Love 2