Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

Well looks like Lily will make it now that they cut Julia.

Again I kinda feel they snub all the DMDs big time.

Julia was a doll with tons of pro experience . I forget what experience does Lily have? Just wondering Bc she just doesn’t impress me

• Love 3
7 hours ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

I’m going on record as saying not only do I like Maddie for point (or half point as the case may be), but I also like the concept of putting someone out front who isn’t so stereotypical DCC.  First of all, doing the same thing season after season, going with what feels like the same girls years after year as a team, has grown stale and boring to me.  I’m all for livening it up a bit!  Also, my 12 year old daughter looks up to Maddie as a much more realistic “girl next door” role model than the typical Barbie doll pin up girl (many of whom have plenty of enhancements to make themselves that way). So personally, I applaud TPTB for putting someone out there that doesn’t fit what is described here as “not pretty enough” for point. Maddie is cute and fun and can dance.  I’m excited to see her out front!

It's not a pageant glam thing for me re: who gets point.  I simply find both Amy and Maddie vanilla dancers. 

Going by my own years of dance and keeping up on current dance trends, neither pop enough for me.  So many people think Maddie is this great hip hop dancer when she's decent but not great.  If you watch any current top L.A. hip hip dancers on IG, you can easily see what I'm referring to.

Edited by go4luca
clarity
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I think you need a killer powerhouse dancer with a killer body and pretty. I know Gina has a controversial face and she’s definitely not conventionally pretty, but she’s one of the best dancers on the team, her body is killer, and she gives off a sexy vibe. I know some people think she’s a butterface, but I think she’s a way better choice than Amy or Maddie. 

I was quite vocal about not wanting Gina for point, but daamn she was robbed. I believe the same for Heather-she is one of the most senior girls, photogenic, powerful even if not consistent enough and a great spokesperson. Then you get Gina who is stronger than both points and on the same level looks wise. How on earth do you end up with Amy and Maddie on point then? And for those who called Heather too vanilla for point, what would you call these two then?

1 hour ago, kalibean said:

It’s amazing to me that this year’s team is turning out weak when the deck was totally stacked in DCC’s favor. One of the highest vet return rates, so many of the Mavericks dancers trying out, several returning TCC, etc.  I know we’ve got some weaker higher year vets, but other than a select few, they’re all still bringing value to the table, and last year’s rookies were strong.  I don’t love VK, of course, but the squad has had worse dancers and I think she’s attractive enough. I personally find her cuter than several vets as long as she isn’t making the surprise face.

So how on earth is a week squad happening??? Against all odds... 

That’s because the upper vets are extremely weak (all 4 of them) and would never get chosen ahead of girls like Melissa/Kashara/Jenna/Erica/Holly. They got lucky and stayed longer than the rest. Then you have the third years who are nice but none of them is the total package. Then you have the amazing 2nd years who probably won’t get their chance to shine and we will lose most of them any way in the next 2 years. And then you have the new rookie class.

Sooo is it really a coincidence that the last cuts are all blondes (plus redhead Shaina)? We don’t need competition for VK, right? That would show people that there are other blondes in tc who could dance without risking injuring themselves or teammates.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, go4luca said:

So many people think Maddie is this great hip hop dancer when she's decent but not great.  If you watch any current L.A. hip hip dancers on IG, you can easily see what I'm referring too.

Yes.  And also in the subways of New York City.

• LOL 1
2 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Based on this, yet again an updated TCC grid. 

rookie candidates_tootie 8.10.19.jpg

If Julia was cut the other night, and they cut someone last night as someone suggested, we’re at 36, no?  Are we still waiting until August 13 to “announce” the team?  Will there be more cuts maybe, and the team will be less than 36?

I've finally watched the second episode and what Kelli said at the very end got me thinking...

Why not just rotate Point between all group leaders? Amy, Maddie, Heather, Tess, Miranda, Lexie, Alexis and Gina would get to be Point at one home game each. It might be a bit confusing, but if the DCC is still as world-class as TPTB claim, they could handle it.

TL;DR - having the four main and four secondary group leaders be the Point for one home game each allows more women to be featured, gives more variety, gives more reward to being named a group leader and takes a burden off of Kelli & Judy by never having to search for a replacement point when members of the squad eventually leave.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

If Julia was cut the other night, and they cut someone last night as someone suggested, we’re at 36, no?  Are we still waiting until August 13 to “announce” the team?  Will there be more cuts maybe, and the team will be less than 36?

We would be at 37 

Edited by Holly85

Was Julia the one cut who we were all supposed to be surprised and upset (upset may be too strong a word) over?  Cause I felt nothing.  But I didn't know her either.  Didn't mean to sound harsh.

Edited by parrotfeathers
Fixed my mean girl comment.
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, kevinrm45 said:

I've finally watched the second episode and what Kelli said at the very end got me thinking...

Why not just rotate Point between all group leaders? Amy, Maddie, Heather, Tess, Miranda, Lexie, Alexis and Gina would get to be Point at one home game each. It might be a bit confusing, but if the DCC is still as world-class as TPTB claim, they could handle it.

TL;DR - having the four main and four secondary group leaders be the Point for one home game each allows more women to be featured, gives more variety, gives more reward to being named a group leader and takes a burden off of Kelli & Judy by never having to search for a replacement point when members of the squad eventually leave.

No.  Especially never Miranda at point.  Girl has never even been in SG but overall not that great a dancer.  Looks old as well (no thanks to Kitty's intervention).

If you constantly rotate, even though some are strong enough to handle it, it's never as clean as when everyone has set positions for the season.  They then can perfect those positions and muscle memory.  

Just my take and I already know some here will disagree.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

Also, Christina and Savannah are missing.  I count 31 in this picture and 6 vets missing.  Assuming that Caroline, Daphne, and Rachel A are safe because of SG, and Molly seems to be a well liked, strong performer, one might come to the conclusion that either .christina or Savannah was cut.

At this point, WDKD?  In other words, who does Kitty dislike from the potential vet cuts?  She needs to make sure Veruka makes the team, so who will she undermine this year?

Edited by hathorlive
3 hours ago, Shady580 said:

Well I am not excited about this group at all. The only one I actually like Chandi. 

Currently right there with you.  Hoping seeing more of the season will change my mind about some of the other rookies but overall, they appear very weak compared to last season's super strong group.

Between the rookies and the ridiculous varying point scenario, this season is shaping up to be my least favorite since sInce I began watching (season 1).  It's time for a change.  A big one.  I now see why so many on this forum think it's time for K&J to retire.

Edited by go4luca
clarity
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, go4luca said:

No.  Especially never Miranda at point.  Girl has never even been in SG but overall not that great a dancer.  Looks old as well (no thanks to Kitty's intervention).

If you constantly rotate, even though some are strong enough to handle it, it's never as clean as when everyone has set positions for the season.  They then can perfect those positions and muscle memory.  

Just my take and I already know some here will disagree.

Totally agree! Just think back a few years; how many GLs were hidden away in the formation? You can’t just suddenly move them upfront without changing all formations and there must be a reason why they were placed there. I would probably go with rotating the girls in the triangle at best.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

Ouch!  🙂

Well I didn't mean to sound that harsh!!  I've been to New York City a few times and was so amazed at the hip hop dancers in the subway.  It could be because I am from the rural south and had never seen anything like this (much less a subway).  I guess it just made such a definite impression on me.  Maybe it's the outfit Maddie wears at her solo.  Something definitely just turns me off about her performance of it.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, TB12 said:

I hope Veruca was worth it to TPTB... I don’t blame anyone for not wanting to get involved with the bs that the show has become, it’s sad that I’ve lost all respect for the org—- but I’ll still watch obvs... 🙂

I highly doubt that it is just Victoria causing this. More than likely CMT and The Cowboys Organization are to blame for letting the show go on as long as it has. 

2 minutes ago, Jessa0984 said:

I highly doubt that it is just Victoria causing this. 

I also don't think it's Vic.  I do think the rookie TCC's this year just aren't that great.  Because of this, it's making Vic look stronger than last season. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Jessa0984 said:

I highly doubt that it is just Victoria causing this. More than likely CMT and The Cowboys Organization are to blame for letting the show go on as long as it has. 

I don’t think the show is damaging to the dcc. It brings in a lot of money and while yes, a lot of girls will shy away from the team solely because of that, we’ve seen an increase in quality even if less people try out. So what? Less than 200 girls tried out last year and the group of rookies was amazing. This year they cut again stronger girls throughout the show and during finals. I don’t blame the show for that-we get to see how biased Kelli is in her decisions, but i’m sure dcc hopefuls would be able to figure that out without the show as well.

And just my two cents; without the show, VK would have made it last year despite everything. At least having everything literally on tape means that they try to keep up appearances to a certain extent.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Jessa0984 said:

I miss the old format when it was more of a documentary style. More dancing less showy. Now its b rated country stars and social media "influencers" 

• Love 24
47 minutes ago, DCCfan2443 said:

I believe one girl was cut last night.  Rookie.  

I don’t think there was a practice last night.

I’m still putting my money on the last cut being Meredith or Lily. I wonder if they will do it Monday or drag it out until Tuesday....

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, Shady580 said:

Well I am not excited about this group at all. The only one I actually like Chandi. 

Mostly same for me. I like what little I’ve seen of Kelcey, & I like Lisa for dance but not sure about the RBF. The rest are meh or dislike. I guess Meredith May be ok if she doesn’t talk. Can’t stand her voice. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

If the girls have to adjust for point girl if she moves off the 50, you're going to see the triangle move slowly down the field towards the end zone:)

I'm waiting for them to memorialize her pom pom fall into TS and call it the Kalina Swirl.

• LOL 15

VK made showgroup...unlikely she's going anywhere....Until I see SG auditions, I can't speculate on the who, what, when, where or why...but I'll go with 'apparently she has improved'. Last year she was her own worst enemy, which is what kept her off the field....

I'm all for voting Kristen off the island. Something about her pouty facial expressions just rubs me wrong.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Jessa0984 said:

I may be the minority here, but I’m not looking for someone cutesy or gorgeous for point. I’m looking for someone who is striking and a powerhouse dancer. In that case Gina would be perfect. If I were looking for girl next door and a powerhouse dancer, Maddie still would not beat out Bridget for me, even though she has seniority. 

None of the DCC are realistic role models and shouldn’t be viewed as such. They are all very driven and very dedicated to their craft. Many young people can’t relate to that. 

Being driven and dedicated to your craft should absolutely contribute to being considered a role model. It’s sad to think that there are young people who don’t see the value in that.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, DCCfan2443 said:

I know who the last cut is,  but I can't tell you. Some of you have guessed correctly though! The last cut will happen very soon.  

So it happened last night, even though there was no practice? Or it hasn’t happened yet but Kelli told you who she is cutting? Never mind, you said you can’t tell us so I respect that 😂

• LOL 4