Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

Regarding team announcement, I liked it when Shelli brought out her notepad and said "here is who I need to see in my office."  And then said it was blank.  And not one girl got it right off.  But I wouldn't have either.

That was Kelli, and not a notepad but a piece of blue paper, but yeah, that was a nice find 😎

I liked the 2011 (Season 6) announcement as well:

Kelli: After tonight, or after I tell y'all that you just made the 2011 squad..... < silence > < more silence > etc etc etc..

Edited by Loodicrus
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
28 minutes ago, Loodicrus said:

That was Kelli, and not a notepad but a piece of blue paper, but yeah, that was a nice find 😎

Kelli: After tonight, or after I tell y'all that you just made the 2011 squad..... < silence > < more silence > etc etc etc..

Kelli.jpg

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, Loodicrus said:

Well darn I did mean Kelli!!  Thanks or correcting me!  I liked the 2011 also.  My least favorite was last year.  Not because I have anything against Charlotte, it just wasn't very suspenseful.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Well darn I did mean Kelli!!  Thanks or correcting me!  I liked the 2011 also.  My least favorite was last year.  Not because I have anything against Charlotte, it just wasn't very suspenseful.

I disliked the one where the announcement was moments before the squad-photo in season 5. The girls weren't ecstatic either, no hugs, no laughter, just some vague smiles 

s5.jpg

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, Loodicrus said:

I disliked the one where the announcement was moments before the squad-photo in season 5. The girls weren't ecstatic either, no hugs, no laughter, just some vague smiles 

s5.jpg

i HATED that one!!! like really? we are supposed to believe they would have Stephanie get all dolled up in uniform and go eh...no. you can leave now. WTF

• LOL 3
  • Love 15

I liked the "Look to your left, look to your right" squad announcement.  Wasn't that season 2?  Too bad I can't watch it anymore, even if it was on CMT, because I don't have cable anymore and, even if I did, my provider isn't/wasn't on the list.  Thanks a lot!  However, Comcast is known for being greedy and probably want money for things like that.

20 minutes ago, Loodicrus said:

s5.jpg

I didn't like this one either because I think the girls knew they were the squad because they were all dressed up in the uniform and were heading in to take the picture despite all the "We haven't heard yet" and "If tonight were my last night" sound bites.  That was was the season Kelli said "The most important thing for you all (possibly y'all to my ears) to know when we're taking this picture is that all 34 of your faces will be in the 2010 squad photo".  That was one year they had fewer than 36 girls.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

agreed...It was just MEH.  Charlotte is so boring and monotone.

• Love 8

I loved the one in Season 6 when the girls didn't know they made it.  Kelli said she was calling people in but then when into announcements and Mackenzie, for one, was so stricken expecting a cut (and she was gripping Veronica's hand for dear life) that they just sat there.

I liked the one where she gave the back their audition photos and said that was their pass into TCC.   

Like those of you who have already posted, I also hated the season with the announcement AS they were going to take the photo.  It robbed the girls (in full hair & makeup) the ability of the well-deserved hugs, tears, and cheers.  

• Love 5

Back on topic. Prelims 2019/2020 season:

I count 160 heads in the stadium when they are greeted by Kelli. Maybe I missed one or two, but that is about it. No way it was a tun up of 400 candidates.. That's just an alternative truth in DCC style.

I took some screenshots and circled some heads. The second screenshot won't upload because of quota restraints, I will post that later.

1015080633_numberofcandidates.thumb.jpg.226bffaf2434cd0147833f651303df89.jpg

part 2, to the right side of the previous photo71092528_numberofcandidates3.thumb.jpg.d5bf9eba4aecbe46daab145cae3c7ab5.jpg

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Regarding team announcement, I liked it when Shelli brought out her notepad and said "here is who I need to see in my office."  And then said it was blank.  And not one girl got it right off.  But I wouldn't have either.

I was gonna post that this was my favorite "reveal" yesterday and didn't! GMTA

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Tornado said:

I like her better as a brunette

Same thought, she looks sooooo much better as a brunette and it diminishes her teeth she’s not so in your face as a brunette... 

3 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

That was season 4....best announcement IMO. The girls all looked so stressed. They were totally caught off guard. Jackie Bob (if you can believe it) wasn’t sure she was going to make the team!!!! It was great seeing returning TCC’s Sunni, Joannah, and Brandi make the team! My favorite squad! 

1 hour ago, Loodicrus said:

s5.jpg

Totally agree. That announcement was boring compared to the year before. I’m sure it’s hard to be creative each year on how to announce the new team! 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

A settlement agreement is a contract like any other.  The parties to it can agree to anything they want so long as it’s not illegal.  

I know that.  I meant how is it possible that Erica’s settlement would supposedly include how many girls are on the squad? I can see a payment being made for anything owed to her, but capping the squad at 36 is kind of an odd concession.  And what is she getting out of it?

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I know that.  I meant how is it possible that Erica’s settlement would supposedly include how many girls are on the squad? I can see a payment being made for anything owed to her, but capping the squad at 36 is kind of an odd concession.  And what is she getting out of it?

I agree, I work for an attorney and I draft settlement agreements all day long. I’m not an expert, but it doesn’t seem like something that Erica would need or that even if she asked for the Cowboys would ever agree too. 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

It wouldn't be.   You can {usually} only settle the issues raised in the lawsuit or counter suit -- not only that, but how in the world, would Erica enforce such a provision of the settlement agreement -- what damages to her?  None.  

• Love 3
13 hours ago, go4luca said:

Kind of weird to see the evolution of Vic.  I hardly recognize her in the first photo.

victoriaakalina_7_8_2019_17_43_20_33.jpg

victoriaakalina_7_8_2019_17_46_8_467.jpg

victoriaakalina_7_8_2019_17_45_12_680.jpg

victoriaakalina_7_8_2019_17_52_44_790.jpg

All you see is teeth!  Didn't Kelli cut a girl some years ago because of her teeth?

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, rl27rl said:

All you see is teeth!  Didn't Kelli cut a girl some years ago because of her teeth?

Freely admit that this is a petty observation, the red lipstick is too red.  - She looks natural as a brunette.

and I don't know if Kelli got someone because of teeth but there was a girl that didn't make it into training camp because of an overbite {again, the irony - but it was pretty bad).

Edited by MTTFan
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Loodicrus said:

s5.jpg

This was an anticlimactic year for me as well.... This was the season where Brooke's BFF was put on the team as a favor (IMHO) and they cut the squad to 34 because of the sub par dancers they chose for training camp.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ElenaFR said:

VK looks young and fresh as a brunette. Her current look ages her about 10 years. I also think Lilly's current hair ages her too.

I would love to see a warm brown/ with honey highlights on Lily...I think it would soften up her features so much.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, lah715 said:

This was an anticlimactic year for me as well.... This was the season where Brooke's BFF was put on the team as a favor (IMHO) and they cut the squad to 34 because of the sub par dancers they chose for training camp.

Oh!  Right there with you!  That was the year they took Stephanie and cut Liz Rueter.

• Love 1

I still remember the exact words of the 2007 announcement

"Look on your left, now look your right, now look at yourselfs in the mirror........ you are looking at the 2007, dallas cowboys cheerleaders squad" and watching loni crying, was so emotional. Best one ever.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Word on the street is that none of the rookies are that great this year. 😕

No way! I thought that Victoria Kalina walked on water. If that isn't "great," then what is? 

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Word on the street is that none of the rookies are that great this year. 😕

The 3rd and 2nd years are all pretty strong.... right? I guess we were due for a weak rookie class. Haven’t had one in awhile. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, PrincessLeia said:

The 3rd and 2nd years are all pretty strong.... right? I guess we were due for a weak rookie class. Haven’t had one in awhile. 

Then 2nd years are really strong but I don’t think the 3rd years are. From a dance perspective, I was only impressed by Lauren, Gina, and Kalyssa and now we only have Gina left. 

• Love 9
14 hours ago, kevinrm45 said:

Not that it matters, but this was 2014 (judging from the squad photo behind them). It's hard to believe (okay... not really) how "barbie doll" she went in only 4 years.

I absolutely love Victoria’s look here. It’s so natural and she looks like the girl next door.

2 minutes ago, klopie said:

Then 2nd years are really strong but I don’t think the 3rd years are. From a dance perspective, I was only impressed by Lauren, Gina, and Kalyssa and now we only have Gina left. 

I get them all confused. I know my girl Gina is a third year and yes, I definitely remember the 2nd years being so strong. But by the time they get to 3 and beyond I start blending them! 🤦‍♀️

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

Lily always seems irritated to me, like it’s a bother for her to be talking to whoever she’s being interviewed by.  Does anyone else get that?  

I get a mean girl vibe off her, or maybe snotty is a better term. I don’t think she has the Dcc look at all.

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Jennv said:

I get a mean girl vibe off her, or maybe snotty is a better term. I don’t think she has the Dcc look at all.

Agreed. I think also with Lily that she has had her own negative experience with VK in last years TC, not to mention that most of her friends are current DCC and I'm sure she has all of the inside scoop - the good , the bad and the ugly. However, considering how protective they are of VK, Lily might want to fake it til she makes it if she wants to make the team. 

5 hours ago, rl27rl said:

Tina Kalina picked on TCC Chandler for having a gummy smile, stated that she looked like a grandma! 

Edited by GeorgiaPeach11
  • Love 8

Add me to the brunette train with VK.  She looked great in that first shot. Makeup, hair, everything was perfect. Reminds me of when my best friend got fake nails, then dyed her hair white blond, then started tanning.  Looked like she'd gone into witness protection. 😐

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, dbell1 said:

Add me to the brunette train with VK.  She looked great in that first shot. Makeup, hair, everything was perfect. Reminds me of when my best friend got fake nails, then dyed her hair white blond, then started tanning.  Looked like she'd gone into witness protection. 😐

I'd like to see them go dark blonde with light blonde highlight on a lot of girls they do the full on blonde treatment to.  I have medium/dark brown hair and went with blonde highlights a few months ago.  I love it! 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, CrazyMoon said:

I agree VK would be better a darker blond with a few highlights around her face....when some go too blond they look they are trying to hard...

Victoria and Lily both would look better with the darker hair/lighter highlights (just my opinion).  Maybe the dark/light coloring wouldn't "age" Lily so much. Again just my humble opinion.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Victoria and Lily both would look better with the darker hair/lighter highlights (just my opinion).  Maybe the dark/light coloring wouldn't "age" Lily so much. Again just my humble opinion.

too blond can really wash some women's complexions out. And as they get older it makes them look older

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, CrazyMoon said:

too blond can really wash some women's complexions out. And as they get older it makes them look older

EXACTLY.....I'm in my late 40s and I was worried to death when my hairdresser wanted to do highlights.  Turned out pretty da@# good though 🙂

Edited by DCCFanInKy
Fixed punctuation....I can't type
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

Tina Kalina picked on TCC Chandler for having a gummy smile, stated that she looked like a grandma! 

And I sure did agree with her! I also thought Chandler was quite mousy in her dance style as well...I was surprised she made it into camp. A lot of girls can be glammed up, but I don’t think recall that happening for her during makeovers. And google wasn’t much help! 

VK would have been 13ish when Chandler was a TCC and was going through the braces and such to help fix her smile, so I don’t think TK making that judgement despite her own daughter would have really been a thing yet. Other than poor choice in lipstick and posting way too many open mouth surprise face selfies, I think VK’s corrective measures did the trick. 

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

Agreed. I think also with Lily that she has had her own negative experience with VK in last years TC, not to mention that most of her friends are current DCC and I'm sure she has all of the inside scoop - the good , the bad and the ugly. However, considering how protective they are of VK, Lily might want to fake it til she makes it if she wants to make the team. 

I like Lily. It's nice to not have all the girls look the same.  I really liked Chandler too. She had such a beautiful smile and seemed super nice. There was another girl that they didn't even bring to TC because they said she had an overbite. I wish I could remember who that was. Her teeth look exactly the same as VK. 

• Love 7