Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, Squeek said:

I was poking around the DCC site earlier and saw this:

Compensation
There is a pay schedule for rehearsals, home football games, promo appearances & shows.

@ShellyB Are they being paid for rehearsals now?

I tried to give it a quick search in the old answer thread, but Shelly confirmed that the DCC were paid for rehearsals a few years ago, including any and all CMT randomness.

I did the math a couple years back and the rookies averaged around $18.50 an hour between game days, appearances, etc. I could be off in my math but it made sense at the time 😂 

Not a huge amount, of course, and I would love to see them paid more, but I’ve seen worse too. 

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Kmbaker said:

Hello, first post so maybe I missed this already, is the final team decided yet?  And where was Charlotte?  Thanks!

No it hasn’t been chosen yet !!! 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

That’s a perfect screen shot, not only is the dancing awful...... those figures are worse. I couldn’t imagine watching the DCC look like that 😱

There was not a fat or even out of shape girl among them....

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, PhillyFan said:

There was not a fat or even out of shape girl among them....

I bet that if we saw these women in real life, I bet they look amazing, but they all look sloppy, soft and chubby in this video. 

We’ve all seriously lost perspective on reality, but it’s a good reminder how fit the DCC are. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
22 minutes ago, AerialDancer said:

I bet that if we saw these women in real life, I bet they look amazing, but they all look sloppy, soft and chubby in this video. 

We’ve all seriously lost perspective on reality, but it’s a good reminder how fit the DCC are. 

Watching videos like this reminds me of how Kelli is correct when she says they strive to be the best at what they do.   No, it isn’t Broadway, but it is also not a career.   The time, dedication, and commitment required to make themselves as clean, powerful, and (dare I say it) fun to watch is what makes these women so impressive.   No other team can come close to them.  

....and the bikini-esque uniform with tennis sneakers is not a good look.   

Edited by DAthene
Afterthought
  • Love 15

It appears that some NFL team cheerleaders are performing a song with Queen (DCC, Eagles cheerleaders) and others are not. July 30th, Queen was in Baltimore, but the Ravens cheerleaders did not join them. 

Edited by Agent Gully
hideous typing
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, kalibean said:

I tried to give it a quick search in the old answer thread, but Shelly confirmed that the DCC were paid for rehearsals a few years ago, including any and all CMT randomness.

I did the math a couple years back and the rookies averaged around $18.50 an hour between game days, appearances, etc. I could be off in my math but it made sense at the time 😂 

Not a huge amount, of course, and I would love to see them paid more, but I’ve seen worse too. 

That's more than minimum wage in the UK so doesn't seem that bad! Although judging by the rent in the area, now that is extortionate!

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

That's more than minimum wage in the UK so doesn't seem that bad! Although judging by the rent in the area, now that is extortionate!

Minimum wage in Texas is $7.25, so definitely more. Still low for a skilled worker, which I would consider these gals to be. That’s the average, tho...when I originally calculated, I took the rookie appearance fee, game day flat rate then I might have assumed $10 an hour for everything else? 

When I hit my limit at work today, I’ll track down my old math post 🙂 

As for rent, Dallas is still one of the most affordable big cities, and rent in a decent apartment is doable with a roommate and a secondary source of income like teaching dance, etc like many of these ladies have. Maybe not a fancy place right at The Star or at The Shops at Legacy, but lots nearby in Addison, Plano, etc. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Pretty sure breelan looked like deer in headlights in the pink BCA dresses too. Like bad.

Yes actually that’s it, but I can’t find it. It was a bit longer than the halloween deer in headlights moment and it was quite obvious. I don’t think Breelan was terrible but my point stands: when a girl spends the whole tc making the same mistake (for breelan, it was the deer in headlights face), you can’t expect her to overcome it once she puts the uniform on. If anything, moving from a studio to a turf and being constantly ‘on’ without knowing when you might end up on the jumbotron is a recipe for disaster.

2 hours ago, DAthene said:

Watching videos like this reminds me of how Kelli is correct when she says they strive to be the best at what they do.   No, it isn’t Broadway, but it is also not a career.   The time, dedication, and commitment required to make themselves as clean, powerful, and (dare I say it) fun to watch is what makes these women so impressive.   No other team can come close to them.  

....and the bikini-esque uniform with tennis sneakers is not a good look.   

To be fair though, most other teams have mainly amateurs who aren’t going to spend all their spare time practicing for a low paid part time job. Dcc get trained dancers (for the most part) who agree on treating this as a full time job. Yes, they attract good candidates because of the dcc reputation, but the only reason the dcc are any good is that these girls are insanely talented. Say what you will Kelli, but try making a dcc out of all these other cheerleaders you’re laughing at. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

Minimum wage in Texas is $7.25, so definitely more. Still low for a skilled worker, which I would consider these gals to be. That’s the average, tho...when I originally calculated, I took the rookie appearance fee, game day flat rate then I might have assumed $10 an hour for everything else? 

I would consider a low skill job to be a job almost anyone could do...even those without a high skill diploma. I would not consider their level of dance to be low skill. 

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

To be fair though, most other teams have mainly amateurs who aren’t going to spend all their spare time practicing for a low paid part time job. 

Yes - my cousin knew an Eagles Cheerleader who was also a HS Math Teacher.  I found that combination a bit odd but, it is what it is...  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Opine said:

I love your summary.  I know a lot of folks that have visited here as well as some of the FB folks talk a lot about how much we all hate Victoria.  I for one, don't hate VK; I, like you, hate the hypocrisy.  I know, I know, it happens everywhere.  We've all seen it.  But to have it showcased on an nationally televised show while pretending the emperor isn't naked - that's just annoying.  This isn't a little PTA committee; this is real $$ in the real world.  

Thank you for summarizing so well.  I also don't hate Vic and have been trying to give her a chance.  But I haven't seen anything thus far to improve my take on her.   Both you & @DAthene nailed the reason why:  Hypocrisy. 

I understand Kelli will always have her favorites.  But I can't stand when it's so blatantly thrown in our face without one ounce of subtlety.

• Love 24
2 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

It appears that some NFL team cheerleaders are performing a song with Queen (DCC, Eagles cheerleaders) and others are not. July 30th, Queen was in Baltimore, but the Ravens cheerleaders did not join them. 

The Patriots Cheerleaders performed with the New Kids on the Block, for what that's worth. Queen just played here the other night, I don't think they performed with them...

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

Yes actually that’s it, but I can’t find it. It was a bit longer than the halloween deer in headlights moment and it was quite obvious. I don’t think Breelan was terrible but my point stands: when a girl spends the whole tc making the same mistake (for breelan, it was the deer in headlights face), you can’t expect her to overcome it once she puts the uniform on. If anything, moving from a studio to a turf and being constantly ‘on’ without knowing when you might end up on the jumbotron is a recipe for disaster.

To be fair though, most other teams have mainly amateurs who aren’t going to spend all their spare time practicing for a low paid part time job. Dcc get trained dancers (for the most part) who agree on treating this as a full time job. Yes, they attract good candidates because of the dcc reputation, but the only reason the dcc are any good is that these girls are insanely talented. Say what you will Kelli, but try making a dcc out of all these other cheerleaders you’re laughing at. 

Oh, I completely agree with you.   I guess my point was that because of DCC’s reputation, it attracts very talented young women (and I’ll argue that the talent pool has increased with highly skilled dancers since let’s say s8.  I still recall stripper-ish auditions of the very early seasons that were lauded by the judges.   And I don’t mean there weren’t talented dancers in those seasons.  I think the bar just went higher with the advent of girls like Samantha, Jennifer, Melissa and Holly.  ).   As long as Kelli maintains her standards (and I won’t digress into a discussion of the two girls each year who she takes that leap of faith on....or Veruca) they will continue to perform at the top of the NFL entertainment stage.  And the girls certainly devote the time to it.  

Had I not been such a super-fan of DCC and MTT, I’m sure the Eagles cheerleaders would have seemed fine to me.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Fwcowboysfan said:

I would consider a low skill job to be a job almost anyone could do...even those without a high skill diploma. I would not consider their level of dance to be low skill. 

It has THE TOUGHEST, MOST PHYSICALLY DEMANDING audition in the whole entertainment industry!! Yet they are only paid like $0.40 an hour.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, SingleMom9 said:

Sam’s IG story says last night was “stadium night”.  I wonder if this yielded any cuts. 🤔

Probably not cause several of the vets posted around 11 being at home 

37 minutes ago, SingleMom9 said:

Sam’s IG story says last night was “stadium night”.  I wonder if this yielded any cuts. 🤔

Can you link to it? Not seeing it on her IG (is she private? I follow her but don't remember if she was private or not)

Edited by DCCFanInKy
removed link
3 hours ago, Fwcowboysfan said:

I agree with you and might have worded it awkwardly in my first post - it’s low pay for skilled workers, which I also consider these women to be.

That said, unfortunately a lot of skilled labor positions across many industries have low hourly rates for the education/training required. I don’t think the Cowboys will go the way of the Steelers or Packers and go without cheerleaders any time soon, but I am curious what societal changes that impact other pro sports teams might eventually impact the DCC. 

Tho the people trying out is much lower than period years, the pool of talent is still strong despite the low pay, so I don’t see that changing any time soon. It’s a paying dance job without living in LA or NYC, plus provides a springboard for other possibilities, so I totally get why people are still interested. 

ETA: I feel like half the pool of peeps on The Bachelor/Bachelorette any given season are from DFW...it amazes me what people are willing to do and give up for a chance to be on reality tv or get that Instagram influencer money. At least the DCC get a check 😂

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 5
38 minutes ago, d2lily said:

I am posting first time. Forgive me if this has been asked, but where is Dayton Bramhall?

She didn't audition this year.  She had a job on a cruise ship but that's ended.  Don't know what she's doing now (sorry).

7 hours ago, AerialDancer said:

Eagles cheerleaders regularly visits the luxury boxes - they are pretty flawless in person. I am with you on the dancing, but frankly there is minimal expectation for that. From fans or anyone. 

The DCC as we have all discussed, aren’t fit. Off camera, the majority are sickly looking. Bony. Many are starving themselves. We have all heard the various drug rumors — that ain’t fit.

Also, the Eagles cheerleaders have a series of pieces that make up the uniform — I am guessing there won’t be a lot of the old Vera Wang designed white bra and panties set this season. They have a male cheerleader now who is in a black athletic type outfit, and they have been more in the white/black/green outfits this preseason to coordinate with that.

• Love 4

I am watching the episode now and I will never ever get the “VK is such a knockout” thing. The mouth. I have said this before, but maybe it is a “Dallas” pretty thing — the just “too much” of everything. I don’t get it.

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, Coffeefrog19 said:

What was Amy's mistake? 

note:  I didn't watch the entire youtube video so I don't know if it really shows the flub

Edited by DCCFanInKy
Formatting and forum being glitchy and not letting me edit
6 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

Eagles cheerleaders regularly visits the luxury boxes - they are pretty flawless in person. I am with you on the dancing, but frankly there is minimal expectation for that. From fans or anyone. 

The DCC as we have all discussed, aren’t fit. Off camera, the majority are sickly looking. Bony. Many are starving themselves. We have all heard the various drug rumors — that ain’t fit.

Also, the Eagles cheerleaders have a series of pieces that make up the uniform — I am guessing there won’t be a lot of the old Vera Wang designed white bra and panties set this season. They have a male cheerleader now who is in a black athletic type outfit, and they have been more in the white/black/green outfits this preseason to coordinate with that.

Every nfl team is different...they all have their own brand, looks, feel. DCC is definitely in a lane its own, not necessarily better, but they have a brand and they stick to it. Some teams like smaller girls while other teams prefer more of a natural body and curves. Some teams are more athletic and others give off a sexy vibe. DCC to me is girl next door. They are cute, with a couple of girls that give a little more sexy, but they keep it mostly cute. Comparing nfl cheer teams is like comparing apples and oranges to me. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, go4luca said:

Thank you for summarizing so well.  I also don't hate Vic and have been trying to give her a chance.  But I haven't seen anything thus far to improve my take on her.   Both you & @DAthene nailed the reason why:  Hypocrisy. 

I understand Kelli will always have her favorites.  But I can't stand when it's so blatantly thrown in our face without one ounce of subtlety.

I am disgusted with the hypocrisy. It’s not VK’s fault that Kelli is biased. 

I don’t hate VK. I’m annoyed at the entitlement, passive aggressive behavior, the toxicity etc...I’m worried about how the other cheerleaders are being treated. What is this doing to the other girls? 

I hope she grows up and learns to be a better team mate. But with Kelli coddling her I doubt that will happen. 

• Love 18
21 minutes ago, Dnst1973 said:

I am disgusted with the hypocrisy. It’s not VK’s fault that Kelli is biased. 

I don’t hate VK. I’m annoyed at the entitlement, passive aggressive behavior, the toxicity etc...I’m worried about how the other cheerleaders are being treated. What is this doing to the other girls? 

I hope she grows up and learns to be a better team mate. But with Kelli coddling her I doubt that will happen. 

Yes. How does the girl have a chance to be a better person and grow up when the only adults surrounding her are treating her like she is so supposedly perfect, and reward her poor behaviour?

girl literally does not have a chance in hell of correcting her flaws, and no real world exposure to figure it out.

these boards might be the first dose of any kind of real feedback she’s ever had... how scary is that.

• Love 16

I thought the Eagles cheerleaders looked fine and pretty. Their figures were great as far as I good see.

I don’t know who the final 3 cuts would be. I wish they’d do it and not drag these poor girls along and then cut them the night before the first game. 

I was surprised, like y’all, at how different Lily looks. I know when I lose too much weight (not a problem now that I’m old), I get the lines on my face and look older. I’m afraid she will be one of them.

I adore Kat, I like Kelcey and Julia. I thought Kristin was pretty and sweet and I am so worried they’ll drag her to the end like poor Brennan. I hope not!  

I worry about Meredith. I don’t know her, I’ve never met her, and I’m sure she’s lovely. I don’t know if it’s maybe her figure being that boxy kind that Kelli frets about. (I don’t see it at all.) I’m worried she or Kristin will get cut the last night and that’s sad. I like them.

Surprisingly, the person I’m not a fan of is Amanda. She’s so disingenuous. She does look like Karen from Mean Girls to me.

so all that rambling for me to say that I think Lily, Meredith, and Kristin will be the last cuts. Sadly, I like them all and I wish they’d just make the team 39. It’s been 39 before.

• Love 5
On 8/5/2019 at 2:50 PM, Christineelgene said:

I did the same after I read your post.  It looks like most have red, blue, and yellow.  Brennan has no red, but has blue and yellow.  I also noticed that Kat only had one dot.  The other candidates I can’t really tell,  

414765481_ScreenShot2019-08-06at6_22_44PM.png.0ce0e01b67b329a78d9299bfa473cdd3.png

There are two vets in group 4 that only have 2 dots instead of 3. One is missing a red dot (Brennan(  and one is missing a blue dot. 

Kat has only one dot. Not sure who the "hard no"s are on the table.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

414765481_ScreenShot2019-08-06at6_22_44PM.png.0ce0e01b67b329a78d9299bfa473cdd3.png

There are two vets in group 4 that only have 2 dots instead of 3. One is missing a red dot (Brennan(  and one is missing a blue dot. 

Jalynn is missing the blue dot. That puts to rest the whole “Jalynn was left off of Show Group because of some vast conspiracy”. More like “Jalynn was left off of Show Group because not everyone is impressed with her dancing this year”.

Edited by TinyHands
  • Love 6
26 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

One of the ones on the table looks like shania? The girl for LSU. And the blonde at the front of the table has a double barrelled surname so that should narrow then down 

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, TinyHands said:

Jalynn is missing the blue dot. That puts to rest the whole “Jalynn was left off of Show Group because of some vast conspiracy”. More like “Jalynn was left off of Show Group because not everyone is impressed with her dancing this year”.

Or she doesn't have a blue dot because someone is upset with her. Still could have nothing to do with her dancing or why she was left off show group (if I remember correctly, VK only had one or two dots the whole season and yet made it to the end of the camp while those with more were cut ealier -- in other words, how many dots a person does or doesn't have doesn't mean a whole lot -- Kelli and Kelli alone makes the final decision).

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, DCCfan2443 said:

Okay I'm confused.  There's three girl's left to be cut,  why is there speculation about Amy? And who is everyone's picks of the final three to be cut?

There isn't speculation about Amy about being cut. The talk about her is that she messed up at the Queen concert. There was some talk as to whether or not that would affect her being chosen point (or as we now know, one of this year's points).

• Love 3