Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

Do we think the vets and rookies are ranked within their groups? Look at Groups 1 and 2 ... in Group 1, some rookie pics are interspersed with the vets, while in Group 2, all the vet pics come before the rookie pics.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, DanceProf said:

Can someone give a run down on the "dot system?"  I vaguely remember them doing this, but not sure what all the dots mean and if certain colors mean certain things.  

From what I recall last year, judges, guest choreographers, and group leaders were given different color dots. Each person I think had up to 36 dots.  They selected a team of their preference by putting dots on the girls’ photos. Group leaders were given fewer...they picked the top girls in the group  

someone please correct me if I’m wrong  

• Love 2
21 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

This past weekend my husband and I spent our first wedding anniversary in Washington DC. One of the museums we went to was the Smithsonian Museum of American History and the DCC were NOT displayed like Kelli bragged about! Shocker!!! I was so disappointed!! 

The museum changes out and rotates the exhibits so people see different things when they go.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, patti0855 said:

Just watched the first episode, that new song is horrendous! Please do away with it . . . NOW!

I totally agree! It sounds so choppy and like it was just thrown together. I mean I've been wanting them to update the intro for years, but by update I meant "feature more recent cheerleaders." I would have been fine with them keeping the old music and showing different dance moves or maybe a montage of the girls played over the music.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Lolfordays said:

I am watching the episode now and I will never ever get the “VK is such a knockout” thing. The mouth. I have said this before, but maybe it is a “Dallas” pretty thing — the just “too much” of everything. I don’t get it.

This... I don’t see it either I’m thinking it’s definitely a Dallas thing, bigger is better she’s sooooooo generic, that hair needs a style & I cant with her teeth & believe me I’m hardly perfect but I’m also not an entitled spoiled brat who is trying to be Uber glamorous... 

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, DanceProf said:

Can someone give a run down on the "dot system?"  I vaguely remember them doing this, but not sure what all the dots mean and if certain colors mean certain things.  

@DAthene, that’s how I remember it too! 

I think Kelli has always used some sort of sticker as a quick reference guide to easily identify girls’ pros and cons: WW=weight watch (we theorized), SG=Show Group, etc. 

Last year, we saw that she also instituted a sticker system to quickly identify all TPTB’s top 36. So Kelli and Judy, along with advisors like Kitty and Melissa, trusted guest instructors/choreographers (I can’t recall their names now, maybe Denise was one?), and the Group Leaders got 36 color-coded stickers to give to their top TCCs. Whether Kelli has done that in previous seasons, I’m not sure but we did see it’s implementation in a couple of scenes last year. Mostly memorably (for me) when Kashara did not give her last sticker to Victoria. 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

414765481_ScreenShot2019-08-06at6_22_44PM.png.0ce0e01b67b329a78d9299bfa473cdd3.png

There are two vets in group 4 that only have 2 dots instead of 3. One is missing a red dot (Brennan(  and one is missing a blue dot. 

Kat has only one dot. Not sure who the "hard no"s are on the table.

From looking at the team photos from last year, I think that is TAylor missing the blue dot.  I tried to figure out the hard no’s, but Since we don’t know when this clip was taken, we don’t know who has already been cut up to this point.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Jesiklyn said:

One of the ones on the table looks like shania? The girl for LSU. And the blonde at the front of the table has a double barrelled surname so that should narrow then down 

Looking at the board on the wall, 3 TCC’s do not have dots on their fotos...Shaina, a blonde in Group 2/3 & a brunette in Group 4. 

Looks like my girl, Kristen (2nd foto from bottom) has a red & yellow sticker (Thank Heavens).

If Kristen gets cut because of Charm’s ‘Hard No!’ comment...I’ll...I’ll...I’ll think of something to do to Charm!!! Maybe thumb down all her videos...that should show her, right?

Also, does anyone feel that another Vet will get cut?

I’m thinking Kelli is the yellow sticker, since it’s the first & top color 😉 & Judi is red...

Edited by BBK
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

From looking at the team photos from last year, I think that is TAylor missing the blue dot.  I tried to figure out the hard no’s, but Since we don’t know when this clip was taken, we don’t know who has already been cut up to this point.

Can anyone tell who the TCCs are with no stickers? I see two on the right, a blonde in group 2 and a brunette in group 4 

• Love 1

I don't recall seeing another aspect of VI's lack of control mentioned anywhere: has Kelli considered that her 'beautiful storm' & 'wild horse' could, because of her wild flailing, inability to stay in her space, etc. easily hurt another cheerleader? We all know how one person's messup in the kickline can seriously injure the cheerleaders on either side of her. Surely being knocked down, kicked, etc. could too.

Could there ever be legal implications for the DCC, & Kelli personally, for allowing someone who has been documented as often being out-of-control to be on the squad & therefore a potential harm to the others?

Edited by allirish47
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

Question...does anyone know whether any of the new TCCs were actually random girls that showed up to auditions and made it into training camp, or whether most of them were scouted/recruited during the year and invited to audition?

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Namaste said:

Question...does anyone know whether any of the new TCCs were actually random girls that showed up to auditions and made it into training camp, or whether most of them were scouted/recruited during the year and invited to audition?

That would be a @ShellyB question if she knows.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, allirish47 said:

I don't recall seeing another aspect of VI's lack of control mentioned anywhere: has Kelli considered that her 'beautiful storm' & 'wild horse' could, because of her wild flailing, inability to stay in her space, etc. easily hurt another cheerleader?

We've heard that VK is a studio hopper - once someone tries to critique her, off she goes.  Has that included what happens when she doesn't stay in her space?  What I don't understand is why it is so hard to for her to understand that not only could she injure someone else, but she herself could get injured.  She could have very easily slid on that pom, twisted her knee or her ankle, and that would have been it for this year.

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 7
On 8/5/2019 at 7:18 PM, LynneH said:
On 8/5/2019 at 11:16 AM, M1977G said:

I froze the first episode at 1:33, when they still are doing the "This season on DCC: Making the Team" preview stuff. It has Kelli and Judy talking with Charm. Charm points to a row of pictures in between her and Kelli and says those are the "hard nos" for her. Can anyone with a bigger screen or better eyes than I have tell who's in that row of "no"? Also, in the background is the board with all the vet and rookie photos. You can see that they've started their dot system, and while you can't see everyone, I can tell that there's at least one vet who doesn't have two dots and instead only has one dot. Can anyone tell me if that's Brennan? Based on the pose, it looks kind of like last year's cameo photo of her. Thanks in advance for any detective insights provided!

There are actually 3 dots given on those pics.  The bottom is a purple/blue dot, then the Red dot and then a yellow dot above it.  

Looks like Brennan to me as well. She didn't get a red dot. 

Can't tell who the 5 hard no's are on the table. One kind of looks like Kristin

Resized_Screenshot_20190806-150257.jpg

• Love 1
2 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

Or she doesn't have a blue dot because someone is upset with her. Still could have nothing to do with her dancing or why she was left off show group (if I remember correctly, VK only had one or two dots the whole season and yet made it to the end of the camp while those with more were cut ealier -- in other words, how many dots a person does or doesn't have doesn't mean a whole lot -- Kelli and Kelli alone makes the final decision).

We’ll have to see who didn’t give her a dot! It could be that a visiting choreographer didn’t give her a dot.

8 hours ago, TB12 said:

The Patriots Cheerleaders performed with the New Kids on the Block, for what that's worth. Queen just played here the other night, I don't think they performed with them...

The Eagles cheerleaders did NKOTB in philly too

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

Looks like Brennan to me as well. She didn't get a red dot. 

Can't tell who the 5 hard no's are on the table. One kind of looks like Kristin

Resized_Screenshot_20190806-150257.jpg

I think the one second to the bottom of the pic is Kristin 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Namaste said:

I am GUESSING that producers know something about new candidates before the selection process begins, because they have to mic them early during the process, capture them "at home," and secure family photos. They can't shoot random candidates because they take a ton of footage that has to be quickly edited. I suspect their info comes from scouting (including attendees at Kitty's classes), resumes sent in, and recs from former DCC. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, kalibean said:

Minimum wage in Texas is $7.25, so definitely more. Still low for a skilled worker, which I would consider these gals to be. That’s the average, tho...when I originally calculated, I took the rookie appearance fee, game day flat rate then I might have assumed $10 an hour for everything else? 

When I hit my limit at work today, I’ll track down my old math post 🙂 

As for rent, Dallas is still one of the most affordable big cities, and rent in a decent apartment is doable with a roommate and a secondary source of income like teaching dance, etc like many of these ladies have. Maybe not a fancy place right at The Star or at The Shops at Legacy, but lots nearby in Addison, Plano, etc. 

Do you know who else off the field is part-time? NFL referees! They have full time jobs like lawyers and stockbrokers, and guess how much they make dor the season? An average $100k. Everyone connected to this sport gets PAID, except these iconic ladies. The Rockettes who also perform seasonally, make about $35k for 5 months pay, but their health benefits cover them year-round. Know why? They're unionized--and luckily living in labor-friendly NYC. 

• Love 18
1 hour ago, allirish47 said:

I don't recall seeing another aspect of VI's lack of control mentioned anywhere: has Kelli considered that her 'beautiful storm' & 'wild horse' could, because of her wild flailing, inability to stay in her space, etc. easily hurt another cheerleader? We all know how one person's messup in the kickline can seriously injure the cheerleaders on either side of her. Surely being knocked down, kicked, etc. could too.

Could there ever be legal implications for the DCC, & Kelli personally, for allowing someone who has been documented as often being out-of-control to be on the squad & therefore a potential harm to the others?

Don't forget "a bull in china" 😁

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

414765481_ScreenShot2019-08-06at6_22_44PM.png.0ce0e01b67b329a78d9299bfa473cdd3.png

There are two vets in group 4 that only have 2 dots instead of 3. One is missing a red dot (Brennan(  and one is missing a blue dot. 

Kat has only one dot. Not sure who the "hard no"s are on the table.

You can tell that this picture was taken after Ashley H. and Gina Maria were cut. 

The Group 2 rookies, I think, from left to right are Julia, Chandi, Lisa and Lauren?? (Lauren has already been cut and doesn't look like she has any stickers). 

The Group 3 rookies, that you can see in this pic, are Shiana (no stickers) and Taylor P.  You cannot see Kristen's picture on the screen, but I think her picture is one of them on the table.  It's already been confirmed that Kristen is in Group 3 during this time frame.

The Group 4 rookies from left to right, I think are Alexandria, Lilly, Meredith and Madeline S. (It look's like Meredith may not have any stickers).

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, whosadcc said:

You can tell that this picture was taken after Ashley H. and Gina Maria were cut. 

The Group 2 rookies, I think, from left to right are Julia, Chandi, Lisa and Lauren?? (Lauren has already been cut and doesn't look like she has any stickers). 

The Group 3 rookies, that you can see in this pic, are Shiana (no stickers) and Taylor P.  You cannot see Kristen's picture on the screen, but I think her picture is one of them on the table.  It's already been confirmed that Kristen is in Group 3 during this time frame.

The Group 4 rookies from left to right, I think are Alexandria, Lilly, Meredith and Madeline S. (It look's like Meredith may not have any stickers).

Isn't Madeline S out as well? (Might need to clean my glasses again)

1 minute ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Isn't Madeline S out as well? (Might need to clean my glasses again)

Alexandria and Madeline S both have been cut since this pic, but they at least a have sticker. Lauren does not.

• Useful 1
14 hours ago, Kmbaker said:

Hello, first post so maybe I missed this already, is the final team decided yet?  And where was Charlotte?  Thanks!

No it hasn't and Charlotte was in Cannes.  Her daughter Haley was at auditions.

2 minutes ago, Squeek said:

No it hasn't and Charlotte was in Cannes.  Her daughter Haley was at auditions.

How many other Jones kids/grandkids work in the organization besides Charlotte? (You can PM me to keep the board on topic if you want)

2 hours ago, Donna S said:

The museum changes out and rotates the exhibits so people see different things when they go.

Exactly. And being “in the smithsonian” doesn’t necessarily mean on display, it just means it’s in the collection. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

How many other Jones kids/grandkids work in the organization besides Charlotte? (You can PM me to keep the board on topic if you want)

John Stephen Jones is the current Executive Vice President, CEO, and Director of Player Personnel for the Dallas Cowboys

Jerral Wayne Jones Jr. is the Chief Sales and Marketing Officer and Executive Vice President of the Dallas Cowboys. Executive Vice President and Chief Sales and Marketing Officer, Jerry Jones, Jr. is a key member of the Dallas Cowboys front office, overseeing the club's entire sales and marketing efforts.

Charlotte Jones-Anderson is the Dallas Cowboys' Executive Vice President and Chief Brand Officer.

Haley Anderson - Special Project Officer for the Cowboys

The others, most of the boys are still in college and playing football, and one of the girls is an actress. 

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, BBK said:

Looking at the board on the wall, 3 TCC’s do not have dots on their fotos...Shaina, a blonde in Group 2/3 & a brunette in Group 4. 

Looks like my girl, Kristen (2nd foto from bottom) has a red & yellow sticker (Thank Heavens).

If Kristen gets cut because of Charm’s ‘Hard No!’ comment...I’ll...I’ll...I’ll think of something to do to Charm!!! Maybe thumb down all her videos...that should show her, right?

Also, does anyone feel that another Vet will get cut?

I’m thinking Kelli is the yellow sticker, since it’s the first & top color 😉 & Judi is red...

Red is Travis Wall, yellow is Denise Dicharry and I don't know who purple is...possibly Charm's.

2019-08-03 a.png

• Useful 15
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Jennv said:

I think the one second to the bottom of the pic is Kristin 

where did this screenshot come from?? can't find it the video and I did watch the first episode on the cmt website. thanks in advance

24 minutes ago, viccib said:

where did this screenshot come from?? can't find it the video and I did watch the first episode on the cmt website. thanks in advance

It was in the very beginning of the episode, about a minute and a half in

• Love 1
1 hour ago, NMDD43 said:

It was in the very beginning of the episode, about a minute and a half in

thanks, found it 🙂

Edited by viccib
added extra
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, TinyHands said:

So looks like Meredith, Kat, and Shaina are the likely candidates to be cut (based on stickers). 

There are TCC's in groups 2,3, and 4 with no stickers.  Kat has 1 sticker.  But I've taken my contacts out so my eyes could be deceiving me!

12 minutes ago, Michele Butler said:

I imagine that TD is the far top right is Tice Diorio this season.

Tootie has that noted in her graphic above. 😉

Edited by go4luca
3 minutes ago, rungirl46 said:

There are TCC's in groups 2,3, and 4 with no stickers.  Kat has 1 sticker.  But I've taken my contacts out so my eyes could be deceiving me!

The rookie in group 2 that has no stickers is Lauren she has already been cut 

• Love 1
Just now, MamaMia said:

Was the squad picked already? If one makes show group, Is that person pretty much on the team? 

No it hasn’t been picked !! Also if they made show group they would have to do something really horrible or mess up big time to not make the final squad

1 hour ago, TinyHands said:

So looks like Meredith, Kat, and Shaina are the likely candidates to be cut (based on stickers). 

I might have to start heating the tar, plucking the feathers, and digging out a pitchfork if Kat is in danger of being cut. If Kat doesn't make the team when Miss Can't-a-Turn gets on the team AND on SG, then it's really going to get ugly.

• LOL 4
  • Love 14
7 hours ago, TinyHands said:

Jalynn is missing the blue dot. That puts to rest the whole “Jalynn was left off of Show Group because of some vast conspiracy”. More like “Jalynn was left off of Show Group because not everyone is impressed with her dancing this year”.

Unless the blue dot is Kelli's or Kitty's. Just trying to get rid of the competition for VK?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SanDiegoGal said:

I might have to start heating the tar, plucking the feathers, and digging out a pitchfork if Kat is in danger of being cut. If Kat doesn't make the team when Miss Can't-a-Turn gets on the team AND on SG, then it's really going to get ugly.

I really dont think Kat is going anywhere.......BUT she wouldn't be the first TCC to make a splash at auditions and then start to fizzle out by the end. 😜 

Im hoping we know by the end of next week for the team! The ones that get cut need to get ready for the Allen Ice Angels tryouts lol 

• Love 4

Rewatching the first episode to see how I feel again. Ha I liked Kat but don't love her as much as lots of other people. I thought she was a bit over the top and something about her makes me think she could be one with an attitude or what not. Maybe a little full of herself. I don't know if there's anyone I've ever LOVED right off the bat . It takes me more than one ep. 

Speaking of VK's overbite, I feel like so many of the girls, past and present, have a similar look. Maybe not the gummy smile but they have really big top teeth that's all you see when they talk. And to me they look like glued together. Lol. And I've always been annoyed by Melissa Rycroft's mouth. She has one of those weird teeth/lips/mouth/the way she talks combos. She gets too much screentime!!

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Leia1021 said:

Unless the blue dot is Kelli's or Kitty's. Just trying to get rid of the competition for VK?

Tootie posted a foto of Judy’s stool with the stickers on it...& KaShara is the blue sticker person...I mean, what does KG know?!?! She wore the wrong colored uniform the first day of practice her rookie year 🤗 🤷🏻‍♂️

PS...All in good fun, ladies (meaning) I’m TOTALLY joking....

Edited by BBK
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, BBK said:

Tootie posted a foto of Judy’s stool with the stickers on it...& KaShara is the blue sticker person...I mean, what does KG know?!?! She wore the wrong colored uniform the first day of practice her rookie year 🤗 🤷🏻‍♂️

PS...All in good fun, ladies (meaning) I’m TOTALLY joking....

Oops. Should have read the whole thread before responding. So the All-Stars get to vote for the current girls? (Sorry, I'm all confused. Obviously missed more things up-thread).

1 minute ago, Leia1021 said:

Oops. Should have read the whole thread before responding. So the All-Stars get to vote for the current girls? (Sorry, I'm all confused. Obviously missed more things up-thread).

Kash is not an All Star.  She's just helping out here and there. AS list came from Shelly.

1920as.png

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Leia1021 said:

Actually, KaShara was there one night as "guest choreographer."  

• Love 4