Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Squeek said:

Kash is not an All Star.  She's just helping out here and there. AS list came from Shelly.

1920as.png

Thanks for the clarification, Squeek!! And Scorpio!!

Edited by Leia1021
To add thanks for more clarification. :-)
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

We've heard that VK is a studio hopper - once someone tries to critique her, off she goes.  Has that included what happens when she doesn't stay in her space?  What I don't understand is why it is so hard to for her to understand that not only could she injure someone else, but she herself could get injured.  She could have very easily slid on that pom, twisted her knee or her ankle, and that would have been it for this year.

Yeah I’m not so sure that an injury would keep her off of the team this year. 🙄 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Here is my take on the remaining candidates. 

Kat-very beautiful and would make a good DCC-maybe not this year

Amanda-very confident and pretty

Chandi-love her

Julia-DCC material definitely 

Kristen-good ambassador and stunning

Meredith-good dancer with pretty eyes

Kelcey-can’t wait to see more 

Lily-cute as a button; she will be a DCC this year

Lisa-had good audition but not as photogenic as the others

VK-my fave!!! She is looking good and her years of dancing really show this season. If she were entitled, then she would have made it last year. She is genuine and I am really happy to see her flourish. This is her year.

Cuts-Taylor P, Shaina, and Kat 

Or maybe they should take all 39!  I hope none of the vets get cut.

Edited by DCCdreams
  • LOL 11
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I thought we were rid of her!

giphy.gif

So Kashara is not a Jayln fan? Has something else gone on in the locker room or something that we don't know about? There has to be more for Jalyn to have this and an emission from SG! She was in KaShara's group 2 last year as well.

If I remember, Brennan has no red sticker which means Travis Wall isn't a fan. He wasn't keen on her last year, was he? I'd love to know how much they judge on their own combo and how much on the regular pom dances. Brennan is not really a contemporary dancer, she's more jazz.

Edited by DCC-UK
Spelling!
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, DCCdreams said:

Chandi-love her

VK-my fave!!! She is looking good and her years of dancing really show this season. If she were entitled, then she would have made it last year. She is genuine and I am really happy to see her flourish. This is her year.

I'm still going with Shaina, Meredith and Lisa as my cut predictions.  There's something about Lisa that just grates on me a little. Shaina just seems to be  "soft" from what little I've seen and Meredith...it's like watching molasses run.  

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

So Kashara is not a Jayln fan? Has something else gone on in the locker room or something that we don't know about? There has to be more for Jalyn to have this and an emission from SG! She was in KaShara's group 2 last year as well.

If I remember, Brennan has no red sticker which means Travis Wall isn't a fan. He wasn't keen on her last year, was he? I'd love to know how much they judge on their own combo and how much on the regular pom dances. Brennan is not really a contemporary dancer, she's more jazz.

SG tryouts were June 26.  KaShara was there that same week.  Maybe Jalyn was having a bad week, wasn’t feeling well, was injured?

Regarding Brennan, she didn’t stand out to Travis Wall last year.  I can understand getting his opinion, but if they aren’t doing contemporary on the field, how Brennan does DCC style should be what counts.  

• Love 8
5 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Speaking of VK's overbite, I feel like so many of the girls, past and present, have a similar look. Maybe not the gummy smile but they have really big top teeth that's all you see when they talk. And to me they look like glued together. Lol. And I've always been annoyed by Melissa Rycroft's mouth. She has one of those weird teeth/lips/mouth/the way she talks combos. She gets too much screentime!!

Bad veneers.  It's amazing how many women get them.  

• Love 4
5 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Actually, KaShara was there one night as "guest choreographer."  

Let me guess - she didn't get paid?  She was just "helping" for "exposure."

• LOL 1

Kat- I love her...she's a decent dancer and she's gorgeous!

Amanda- I love to watch her dance and she has a unique look..

Chandi- is adorbs and can dance!!  Just wish she could cheer with her former teamate Gabby this season 😞

Julia- I do not care for her look at all. 

Kristen- is very pretty and I like her, but she seems sluggish. 

Meredith-  running molasses but she is pretty. 

Kelcey- One of my faves in this bunch!

Lily-another fave, I'm really pulling for her

Lisa- Something about her grates on me a bit.  Her dancing is cookie cutter...nothing stands out. 

VK- everyone knows I'm a fan. 

Taylor:  she is a fantastic dancer from what I've seen in her IG videos  but I wasn't impressed with her during the initial audition.  She is a cookie cutter blonde so she needs to really stand out.  

Shaina- I absolutely hate what she is going thru with the loss of her friends, but I do not see her making it this season.  She would be on my list for "take some DCC style classes" and shoot for next year.  

AND FTLOG...do away with Melissa...her smirks and smile are NOT cute!

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

There are several girls in Training Camp where their years of dancing show clearly, but Victoria isn't one of them.  When she fell in the preliminary round, it was clear that she was off-balance and off-center even before she stepped on the poms.  If anyone else had fallen out of a turn like that or that badly, I seriously doubt they would have made it to Semis.  She also fell out of turns twice in Finals last year and other non-DCC videos within the past year or so clearly show her falling out of turns or not completing moves.  She was also shown to have traveled when she wasn't supposed to.  Last year, we saw her nearly get kicked in the head by another girl and, though it was Victoria's fault for moving and not being aware of the girls around her, we saw Kelli blame it on the other girl.  There was also a few clips of her being out of line in several Training Camp practices by several feet and that was in addition to her being called out by at least one or two people for being sloppy and too big or over-exaggerating her moves.  I've yet to see a girl with solid training (and solid talent) get ANY of those critiques, much less fall out of their turns.  

Don’t forget in season 13 Ep 1 Kelli said the legacies were held to a higher standard/judged harder (don’t remember the exact wording but it was something along those lines). So if that’s the case the heavier girls and the ones who “do shit they can’t do” should have all made TC.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Rewatching the first episode to see how I feel again. Ha I liked Kat but don't love her as much as lots of other people. I thought she was a bit over the top and something about her makes me think she could be one with an attitude or what not. Maybe a little full of herself. I don't know if there's anyone I've ever LOVED right off the bat . It takes me more than one ep. 

Speaking of VK's overbite, I feel like so many of the girls, past and present, have a similar look. Maybe not the gummy smile but they have really big top teeth that's all you see when they talk. And to me they look like glued together. Lol. And I've always been annoyed by Melissa Rycroft's mouth. She has one of those weird teeth/lips/mouth/the way she talks combos. She gets too much screentime!!

I thought I was the only one who is not over enchanted with Kat! She definitely seems to be VERY full of herself. There is confidence then there is arrogance which is my biggest turnoff. Yes, she is beautiful and definitely would add some spice to the team but as you said, not sure what kind of teammate she would be with that attitude, JMO... and yes, Melissa's mouth, wut up with that? Stahp with the botox/lip fillers ducky lady...

• Love 8
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

SG tryouts were June 26.  KaShara was there that same week.  Maybe Jalyn was having a bad week, wasn’t feeling well, was injured?

Regarding Brennan, she didn’t stand out to Travis Wall last year.  I can understand getting his opinion, but if they aren’t doing contemporary on the field, how Brennan does DCC style should be what counts.  

I hope she was just having a bad week, a la Angela, but I thought she would've given her the benefit of the doubt. How can you go from being one of the strongest rookies to being on the outer circle? 

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, DCCfan2443 said:

I want Taylor P to be cut and Lisa

I'm with you on Lisa for certain....Taylor...if she doesn't come up with some WOW factor, she very well could be.

• Love 1

So the first game is this week, but there isn’t a home game until the weekend of the 24th, so I’m guessing they are going to drag this out until the last possible minute. I’m assuming one cut this Friday and 2 on Friday the 16th and that will give them that last week to get ready for the game

• Love 2
Just now, Jennv said:

So the first game is this week, but there isn’t a home game until the weekend of the 24th, so I’m guessing they are going to drag this out until the last possible minute. I’m assuming one cut this Friday and 2 on Friday the 16th and that will give them that last week to get ready for the game

That would be my guess as well.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Yes!  Some of those "choreographers" come up with the weirdest stuff that no DCC will ever do!  Sometimes I think that is the "signature" of a "famous" one--come up with weird stuff.  I do realize some of it is how quickly one can pick up choreography but DCC moves are pretty much cookie cutter.   Hopefully TPTB don't put a lot of stock in what guests think.

• Love 3

In the meeting with Kelli, Judy, Charm, and Melissa, I actually think it sounded like Kelli saying she hoped VK came back stronger this year and then it was Judy complimenting how she recovered from her pom incident. 

I couldn't even watch the whole of the Eagles cheerleaders dancing with Queen. So sloppy and only half the ladies pointed their feet. Literally Dance 101. 

Speaking of pointed feet, super-blonde Maddie (Ice Angels) who has tried out many years seems to have worked very little on her feet. She has those gorgeous long legs but when she points, her foot is only half pointed. Since she started dance training so late, it's not surprising, but if she wants to keep going for a more elite team, I think she should take some serious ballet classes to get some of the fundamentals down. I was not a fan of the Danerys-blonde hair she was sporting, either.

Very interesting and surprising that it seems to have been Kash who didn't give Jalyn a sticker. Sounds like some serious tea waiting to be spilled. So, spill, tea, SPILL!

Edited by M1977G
  • Love 7

I know nothing about her, but I am rooting for Phoenix Suns Taylor. I think I like that she really looks like the girl next door, super cute and approachable, and I think she could be glammed up a lot. I liked what little I saw of her dancing. There was real joy in it, which to me always makes someone fun to watch (hello, Bridget!). I mean, even horrid dancers are fun to watch if they're feeling it and just full of joy. Also, I think I'm rooting for her because Ashley Nicole was one of my favorite DCCs and she was a Suns dancer. So, you know, based on these hugely insightful issues, I'm hoping she makes the team!

Also, I was shocked when Julia said she's 25. She looks at least 35 to me.

Also also: Not a fan of Malena's triangle bikini top outfit. At the end of the episode, when they show the preview for the next week, she's on the field learning the semis choreo, and her boobs are falling out of the bottom of her top. Not a good look. I can't imagine what would have happened to her top if she were a more energetic dancer, so I guess in this regard, her softness and lack of power did her and everyone else a favor.

Edited by M1977G
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Loodicrus said:

Then, why would KaShara still be on the roster on the official DCC site ?

They didn’t update the roster or team photo until the team is announced on Making the Team last season.  It is confusing as the football season is well underway before the cheerleader pages are brought current.   Kelli discussed this during the podcast that aired in advance of the finale.

12 minutes ago, M1977G said:

Very interesting and surprising that it seems to have been Kash who didn't give Jalyn a sticker. 

KaShara as a guest choreographer is interesting to me.  Perhaps she has been doing this on the side and is quite talented, but I am anticipating some of Jenna’s first efforts which I didn’t enjoy.

As for her stickers, I imagine they asked her to choose her top 36 that night.  They do that routinely.  “Who stood out to you?”  But I agree that it is odd for Jalyn not to stand out.   

Now, MTT is not super sophisticated, but what would keep them from messing with the stickers on the monitor to punk us?  I doubt they’d do it, but easy enough to do on a monitor.  And how cool that they have a monitor instead of the pics taped to a white board?

Edited by DCCFan197605
Clarifying last season.
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, ByTor said:

Travis Wall can suck it!  🤣

Although I am not clear on the difference between jazz, contemporary, and lyrical, I lost what little respect I had for him when he said that VK was his favorite rookie. Not that I think she was bad, but there were rookie candidates who were clearly superior in that style - like Caroline.  IMO

• Love 12
9 hours ago, Jessie S said:

I really dont think Kat is going anywhere.......BUT she wouldn't be the first TCC to make a splash at auditions and then start to fizzle out by the end. 😜 

Im hoping we know by the end of next week for the team! The ones that get cut need to get ready for the Allen Ice Angels tryouts lol 

Another hypocrital thing, they put Melissa as an awesome dancer, a  DCC legend, like we all know she struggled so much to be in the team, even in her veteran year she called into the office for not being a "veteran" in her dance, like the gurl was one of the worst dancers of the team, sit down Melissa, nobody likes you.

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
9 hours ago, Jessie S said:

iIm hoping we know by the end of next week for the team! The ones that get cut need to get ready for the Allen Ice Angels tryouts lol 

The AAIA auditions are this Saturday the 10th. After that there's no more: all of the others (Ice Girls, Legends, Sidekicks) already had their's 

• Useful 1

The guest choreographers are not just judging the women on their choreography, but on DCC dances as well. We always see the TCCs and DCC do their dances after the guest choreo, and they get critiqued on those dances as well. I think the guest choreographers are looking more for technique, showmanship and a quick learning ability with their dances rather than how perfectly it's executed.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, cgloss said:

The guest choreographers are not just judging the women on their choreography, but on DCC dances as well. We always see the TCCs and DCC do their dances after the guest choreo, and they get critiqued on those dances as well. I think the guest choreographers are looking more for technique, showmanship and a quick learning ability with their dances rather than how perfectly it's executed.

☝️Nailed it.

Latest preview is up. 👇

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 4

I was watching season 9, in prelimin, Melissa Wallace did like a hundred turns and with the right leg up, she was in the same spot as VK and she did it flawless, so ask her if she had any trouble with some damn pom-poms. 

And yeah Travis can suck it 😛 nobody mess with our girl Brennan.

And Marty Kudelke... ugh, i hated him, like calm down dude, dcc is not going to use your style, and he picked up on Bridget, like was so offended, she was the best.

7 hours ago, DCCdreams said:

Chandi-love her

I hope to see lily, Kristen, Meredith and Kat on the team, i do not care for everyone else.

And im really getting mad everyday, just on thinking that Kelli will cut anybody in order to put Victoria freakin Kalina on the team, unfair really, Jalyn deserve so much more 😞 

• Love 16
56 minutes ago, M1977G said:

In the meeting with Kelli, Judy, Charm, and Melissa, I actually think it sounded like Kelli saying she hoped VK came back stronger this year and then it was Judy complimenting how she recovered from her pom incident. 

I couldn't even watch the whole of the Eagles cheerleaders dancing with Queen. So sloppy and only half the ladies pointed their feet. Literally Dance 101. 

Speaking of pointed feet, super-blonde Maddie (Ice Angels) who has tried out many years seems to have worked very little on her feet. She has those gorgeous long legs but when she points, her foot is only half pointed. Since she started dance training so late, it's not surprising, but if she wants to keep going for a more elite team, I think she should take some serious ballet classes to get some of the fundamentals down. I was not a fan of the Danerys-blonde hair she was sporting, either.

Very interesting and surprising that it seems to have been Kash who didn't give Jalyn a sticker. Sounds like some serious tea waiting to be spilled. So, spill, tea, SPILL!

RE: Madi Alemier...I wonder if her pointing only half footed has anything to do with her Taekwondo training?  In TKD,  we were taught to kick with the balls of our feet so feet extend but toes are back.  She's been involved in that for so long it just got me wondering. 🙂

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, bupbupbip said:

Another hypocritical thing, they put Melissa as an awesome dancer, a  DCC legend, like we all know she struggled so much to be in the team, even in her veteran year she was called into the office for not being a "veteran" in her dance, like the girl was one of the worst dancers of the team, sit down Melissa, nobody likes you.

Shy Guy....sit down and shut up.  That's all I want to say anytime she shows up on the screen. 

• Love 6

Judy's Stool's just tweeted this photo of Kelli!

It said: "I guess I’m a source of comfort for @Kelli_Finglass...although @DCC_Judy may #eyeroll at the term #comfort. We’re like peas in a pod."

Judy'sStool.png

• Love 6
2 hours ago, sburg said:

I am new to board,  have been reading for a long time, just joined.  I thought I saw where two points chosen,  Amy is one.  Who is other?

I don't think we've gotten confirmation that Amy is one of the points. The only things I remember seeing about point(s) so far this year, is that there will be two and Gina is NOT one of them.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, LincolnCentMe said:

Yeah I’m not so sure that an injury would keep her off of the team this year. 🙄 

Exactly... in this case, she would deserve the respect to sit on her butt and heal while being given a spot on the team just to make her feel better. She could focus on appearances after all since I assume she finally found her words this year.

2 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Yes!  Some of those "choreographers" come up with the weirdest stuff that no DCC will ever do!  Sometimes I think that is the "signature" of a "famous" one--come up with weird stuff.  I do realize some of it is how quickly one can pick up choreography but DCC moves are pretty much cookie cutter.   Hopefully TPTB don't put a lot of stock in what guests think.

I hate when K&J (and the guests) bring up them not picking up a completely random style. If they do more than fine in dcc style, who gives a damn about how quickly they pick up contemporary? It’s not like SG ever do anything new and yeah, the dcc moves are basically just about 8 different counts mixed and matched together. Not exactly rocket science.

• Love 11