Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

8 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

I don't think we've gotten confirmation that Amy is one of the points. The only things I remember seeing about point(s) so far this year, is that there will be two and Gina is NOT one of them.

This was the original post on the matter:

SmpIsimon replied to Drogo's topic in Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making The Team

Can't say anymore right now, but points have been announced. And yes, I meant to use the plural.

From the discussion that proceeded this post, it sounded like there will be four points.  Two to lead the first triangle and two more to lead the second.  To my knowledge, the points haven’t been named in this forum.

17 minutes ago, DCCFan197605 said:

From the discussion that proceeded this post, it sounded like there will be four points.  Two to lead the first triangle and two more to lead the second.  To my knowledge, the points haven’t been named in this forum.

I thought there would be one point to lead the first triangle, and then a different one leading the second??

17 minutes ago, ByTor said:

nobody mess with our girl Brennan.

If Travis is bad mouthing Brennan, does that mean he is off the wish list for point?😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Lona said:

BINGO! When the first season squad posting was made I had no idea who Amber was, and the show didn't help either in that department.  Throughout most of the season, I actually still didn't know who she was. But then I realized that maybe I was focusing too much on what I saw on the show, and not taking into account what was happening on the field.

At the end of the day, I'm slowly learning not to take too much from what I see on TV in terms of dancing ability.

A few years ago, I started watching on the sides of screens on the second viewing of an episodes, looking at the dancers on the side and background rather than whoever the cameras were focused on. It helps me get a better sense of all the dancers instead of CMT's favored few strugglers and darlings. Once certain girls caught my eye with their dancing on the margins/backgrounds, it became easier to spot them when the camera showed quick flashes of them during auditions and practices. That's how I started to watch both Amber and Caroline last year and became a fan of both ladies. 

• Love 4
Just now, SmpIsimon said:

Word on the street is that none of the rookies are that great this year. 😕

I guess that makes it easier for VK to get in, and I suppose the upside is that there won't be that many of them. With such a strong set of 2nd-year vets, that is especially disappointing if that's true. The season preview at the start of the premiere episode certainly suggests it could be. In one quick clip, Kelli says she's not impressed with any of the rookies that night. I wonder if we'll see a team smaller than 36? What's the smallest team we've seen on the show? 32 or 34, maybe? @SmpIsimon, do you have any more details about what their weaknesses are as individuals or as a rookie class?

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, M1977G said:

What's the smallest team we've seen on the show? 

I think I remember a squad of 32 but not what year that might've been.  Seems like there have been a couple with 34 as well but again, won't swear to that.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, JerseyGirl said:

Last year, Victoria’s boot flew off her foot in the kick line. 

They showed her sitting on the grass in the kick line putting her boot back on and all you heard was Judy say something like “You need a smaller boot!”

That's technically not Victoria's fault.  It's the boot's fault 🙂

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

That's technically not Victoria's fault.  It's the boot's fault 🙂

*Technically, nothing is Victoria's fault.

Falls out of a turn? The world tilted.

Dances into someone else's space? Their fault -- they should have been watching and yielded the space to her.

Gains weight? Those mean calories!

Edited by hannahbanana
  • LOL 19
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

*Technically, nothing is Victoria's fault.

I never said that.  Falling out of a turn or dancing into someone's space could be nerves (again I'm not a dancer so I don't know that for a fact).  The only thing Victoria can really control of what you mentioned is her weight.

• LOL 1
On 8/6/2019 at 2:31 AM, Squeek said:

I was poking around the DCC site earlier and saw this:

Compensation
There is a pay schedule for rehearsals, home football games, promo appearances & shows.

@ShellyB Are they being paid for rehearsals now?

They’ve had rehearsal pay for several years. 

• Love 5
On 8/6/2019 at 6:47 PM, DCCFanInKy said:

That would be a @ShellyB question if she knows.

The only true scouted candidates are from competitive college programs. Shelly Mc attends UCA/NCA competitions and meets directors of college pom teams. With that being said, she’s not connected to individual girls until their directors make the introduction.  

Remaining TCC Kat, Lisa, Taylor & Amanda were not scouted. They had attended some prep classes previously before auditioning. Last year Meredith was a #surprise, although she trained in a studio that produced several former DCC. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
9 hours ago, Tootie said:

@ShellyB can you tell us which choreographer used the purple sticker? And did I label all the others correctly? Thanks

Charm LaDonna

9 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

It's my understanding that the rookies that make show group are considered "alternates" on show group and I would assume they are still eligible to be cut up to the very last minute.  Someone with more knowledge than I ( @ShellyB? )

They still have to make the team...no one is “safe” until the final roster is announced. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Silly speculation about points:

We already know it's more than one. What if this is just a a BS way for VK to be point? One point/triangle to show off the vets (most likely led by Amy or Maddie) and then VK leads the rookies?
giphy.gif

24 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

That begins once the squad is announced right?  Not during Training Camp?

During TC...when they make TC, they sign a contract and become employees of the Dallas Cowboys. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

The only true scouted candidates are from competitive college programs. Shelly Mc attends UCA/NCA competitions and meets directors of college pom teams. With that being said, she’s not connected to individual girls until their directors make the introduction.  

Remaining TCC Kat, Lisa, Taylor & Amanda were not scouted. They had attended some prep classes previously before auditioning. Last year Meredith was a #surprise, although she trained in a studio that produced several former DCC. 

Thank you for responding Shelly! 😀

• Love 4
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

I thought there would be one point to lead the first triangle, and then a different one leading the second??

If Travis is bad mouthing Brennan, does that mean he is off the wish list for point?😂

Of course you’re right.  Gosh, I read the post about points the wrong way.  

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

they sign a contract and become employees of the Dallas Cowboys. 

I've seen on the show where everyone's signing the contracts at the First Meeting.  Are the girls given the contract ahead of time (maybe at the end of the announcement of who made it into training camp) or do they receive it the day of the First Meeting? Thanks and have a great night! 🙂

1 minute ago, DCCFan197605 said:

Of course you’re right.  Gosh, I read the post about points the wrong way.  

Personally, I'm waiting to see if K&J get tired of all the speculation, and just have the girls form one big circle around the field facing the stands.  You're a point, you're a point - EVERYONE IS A POINT!!!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
1 hour ago, DCCFanInKy said:

I think I remember a squad of 32 but not what year that might've been.  Seems like there have been a couple with 34 as well but again, won't swear to that.

In 2010 the squad was of 34 i think, but in the first pre game of the season there were only 31, the kick line looked super small.

1 minute ago, bupbupbip said:

In 2010 the squad was of 34 i think, but in the first pre game of the season there were only 31, the kick line looked super small.

Was that when Brittney E, Ally T and Jordan C were injured?

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

I've seen on the show where everyone's signing the contracts at the First Meeting.  Are the girls given the contract ahead of time (maybe at the end of the announcement of who made it into training camp) or do they receive it the day of the First Meeting? Thanks and have a great night! 🙂

the contracts are given at the First Meeting iirc

I cant find the comment, but about the point topic, when someone announced that there will be pointS, i remembered that someone commented "yeah Tina Kalina and Victoria Kalina, are the ones ", that comment got me in tears haha😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, bupbupbip said:

I cant find the comment, but about the point topic, when someone announced that there will be pointS, i remembered that someone commented "yeah Tina Kalina and Victoria Kalina, are the ones ", that comment got me in tears haha😂

Didn't LaurenB say Travis W and Kitty?

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

@ShellyB regarding the squad announcement, what's been your favorite way the squad's been announced since the Making The Team show started?

I can’t even remember half of the announcements. Possibly handing them their uniforms last year was different than the past. 

Edited by ShellyB
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, DCCFanInKy said:

First Meeting...I don’t remember ever having to sign the contract on night one. There’s always a short period of time for everyone to read through it thoroughly. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, bupbupbip said:

And didn't they have a squad of 34 in season 9, 10, or 11? One of those seasons I think but I can't remember which. 

3 hours ago, go4luca said:

victoriaakalina_7_8_2019_17_46_8_467.jpg

Not that it matters, but this was 2014 (judging from the squad photo behind them). It's hard to believe (okay... not really) how "barbie doll" she went in only 4 years.

• Love 3

I was going back and looking at the older squad photos that are up on the Cowboys website and I didn't realize they had a squad of 37 just back in 2016. So. Interesting. Ha like when did they decide after that that it had to be 36? Cause it has been 34 before that and 38, 39, before that. 

1 minute ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I was going back and looking at the older squad photos that are up on the Cowboys website and I didn't realize they had a squad of 37 just back in 2016. So. Interesting. Ha like when did they decide after that that it had to be 36? Cause it has been 34 before that and 38, 39, before that. 

It's supposedly part of the settlement of Erica's lawsuit.

• Useful 2
On 8/5/2019 at 8:02 PM, TUOwl84 said:

This past weekend my husband and I spent our first wedding anniversary in Washington DC. One of the museums we went to was the Smithsonian Museum of American History and the DCC were NOT displayed like Kelli bragged about! Shocker!!! I was so disappointed!! 

The exhibit is under development and will display American culture in Sports, Music and Entertainment. The uniforms will rotate through these three facets of the exhibit once it is finished. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 6