Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, klopie said:

Omg yes!!! I thought I was the only one that didn’t like Amanda. She seems so fake and insincere. It seems like she’s only doing this to gain more publicity so she can make a run at being an actress again.

Amanda confused me.  She's from New Jersey, I would think she'd move to NYC first, if she wanted to be an actress, at least she could come home on weekends.   I know most TV shows are filmed in California, but NYC has its share of entertainment too.

• Love 2

As long as Kat & Chandi make the team, then I don't really care who gets the other spots. The standards are no longer relevant, since Hurricane Victoria gets on Show Group, so they may as well put Humpty Dumpty on the team at this point. But if Kat or Chandi is cut, then I'm ready to riot.

• LOL 7
  • Love 17
5 hours ago, rafibomb said:

I didn't dislike Amanda, or think her tears were contrived. But I did get the impression (based on her story about trying to "make it" in LA) that her focus is more on becoming famous than necessarily a passion for dance. 

Yea.... I think she might end up making the team and end up being a "1 and done" like Miss  Kalyssa. Amanda's a great dancer but, its REALLY obvious it that shes there for the frame and working with famous choreographers  not cause she really cares about the DCC organization. 

3 hours ago, GeorgieNY said:

Not sure where to put this, but amused by today’s IG story by Dayton....in which she does several perfectly controlled pirouettes. VK wouldn’t get past round one of any professional audition where they cut by having everyone do a double.

She's been looking really great on social media. I've grown to really like Dayton from last year. She really did take a beating from Kelli. I didn't like her first audition because she just came across generally disinterested in the whole cheerleader thing when she spoke. Besides being a legacy,  I just didn't get why the heck she was there?? I hope she comes back next year and kill it.  

I LOVE Kat!! But a uniform on that girl now! I can see point in her future if she sticks around. I want to see more from Kelli's girl crush Meredith ! Girl has a beautiful style.  But the opening promo makes me concern for her. She might be one of the ones on the struggle bus this season.  And do I detect a note of bitterness and snark in Lily?  I kinda like it! XD Even tho I dont think she has the DCC look...It might be her hair? I just want to see it darker. 

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

With the exception of Ashlee, I was... puzzled, let's say, by the selections.

I could be wrong, but I think it's the exact same "type" as last years banner which was Khalyn, Lacey and Kashara.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:

Where was Charlotte? I can't recall if anyone said anything on here earlier about why she was absent. I couldn't help thinking when Melissa talked about how she got to be in the room with K&J that she only got in there because Charlotte wasn't there.

51 minutes ago, hereforthedrama said:

I believe she was the Cannes film festival then. Or some other event that weekend. 

Charlotte was indeed in Cannes during prelims.  This is from her IG story at the time.

c_anderson_cannes.jpg.82f9ceafb174f7ab3b878ccc3f310a5d.jpg 

• Love 1

So, Dallas doesn't have a home preseason game until August 24. I really hope that they're not planning on dragging things out until then. Seriously...pick the team and let the girls who aren't gonna make it move on. 

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, Mama mia said:

How in the world would this be relevant ? My family has different teams they are fans of so who cares what team her family likes

I think she means that why would someone who is a diehard eagle fan want to be a cheerleader for the rival team, unless it is because the rival team happens to be the team whose cheerleaders get the most exposure.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Mama mia said:

How in the world would this be relevant ? My family has different teams they are fans of so who cares what team her family likes

Let’s just say it is not her life long love of the Cowboys that brought her to the DCC.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, LynneH said:

I could be wrong, but I think it's the exact same "type" as last years banner which was Khalyn, Lacey and Kashara.  

Well, if they're trying to plastic-surgery Alanna into Lacey, they've got a long way to go (sorry).

And it goes without saying that Daphne is no KaShara. She's never been one of the prettier faces in her class- good dancer, and clearly not a risk for weight watch, but tends towards a harsh look.

I just surprised they didn't pick Bridget or Caroline for one of the spots.

• Love 13

When it’s the CrapEagles and Cowboys...it matters.  #eaglesstillsuck

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Because Eagles fans and Cowboys fans HATE each other. It's like cheering for the enemy.

Source: many friends who are diehard (and occasionally angry and/or drunk) Eagles fans.

• Love 8

This FVK thing bugs the heck outta me. She half-way falls (which she would have done anyway even if she hadn't slipped on the Pom) and all K&J can say is "only Victoria." She makes it through to TC, gets far enough to get a Barbie and a spot on SG, even though she hasn't shown any real improvement or growth from last year... something tells me and it's been since reading this thread, that FVK's guaranteed spot on DCC has some "legal strings attached" -- so to speak -- as in threats of lawsuit from FVK's parents. I say this because not ONCE during the whole episode did K&J mention Tina, and the woman who was at AT&T stadium waiting for FVK was clearly her grandmother or an aunt. So, after FVK was cut last year, it was all over the message boards that Tina severed her long-time BFF status with Kelli.  This is what leads me to believe there was the threat of a multi-million $$$ lawsuit against the DCC if FVK didn't make it this year, not only just the team, but SG, as well.  This is just my opinion and my take on this.  

• Useful 3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

If Kelli would stop spending time on her "favorites", she would have more time for the girls like Lily.  I know some think that they longer a girl stays in TC, even when she's an obvious cut, the more experience they gain.  No, they take time and attention from other girls that might be saved.

BAM!!!

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, KatherineB said:

This is what leads me to believe there was the threat of a multi-million $$$ lawsuit against the DCC if FVK didn't make it this year, not only just the team, but SG, as well.  

How would a lawsuit like that work??? I can understand someone suing to keep something defaming (like getting cut) from being shown on broadcast tv but how would a lawsuit to make sure somebody got a spot on a dance team work??

Edited by DCCFanInKy
clarity
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, Indy Shopaholic said:

I froze my DVR & counted. There were 7 rows of 16 girls in the stands. That’s 112 ladies trying out, so 101 made it to semis, only 11 were sent home.

Didn't someone say they were told by someone working the auditions that there was 142? Difference of 30 girls, but I don't have a DVR to pause or to count the girls (or just didn't get the right angle when the girls were in the stands). If there were truly 112 girls, sending only 11 girls home doesn't make for as good a photo op and it's infinitely worse for the girls who DO get sent home because they look around and say "Am I really so bad that only x number of girls were sent home?" (especially with Victoria's falling out of her turns).  There are the obvious cuts like for weight or for just not having the skills, like Hannah (road_to-DCC girl) or the heavier girls (I did see one that makes ME look thin and I am NOT the thinnest girl out there).

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, KatherineB said:

This FVK thing bugs the heck outta me. She half-way falls (which she would have done anyway even if she hadn't slipped on the Pom) and all K&J can say is "only Victoria." She makes it through to TC, gets far enough to get a Barbie and a spot on SG, even though she hasn't shown any real improvement or growth from last year... something tells me and it's been since reading this thread, that FVK's guaranteed spot on DCC has some "legal strings attached" -- so to speak -- as in threats of lawsuit from FVK's parents. I say this because not ONCE during the whole episode did K&J mention Tina, and the woman who was at AT&T stadium waiting for FVK was clearly her grandmother or an aunt. So, after FVK was cut last year, it was all over the message boards that Tina severed her long-time BFF status with Kelli.  This is what leads me to believe there was the threat of a multi-million $$$ lawsuit against the DCC if FVK didn't make it this year, not only just the team, but SG, as well.  This is just my opinion and my take on this.  

There's no possible grounds for a lawsuit

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, ShellyB said:

She’s changed her major...at first her interests were in medicine, specifically sports with emphasis on concussions and the science of rejuvenating damaged brain cells. The last we spoke about school, she was interested in going to law school. Her summer intern jobs have varied from an advertising agency to social media with CMT. She may have done an internship out of high school with a magazine publisher too. 

Wow!!! That is all over the board. Medicine, law, advertising and publishing. Sounds like she isn't sure what she wants to do. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Mama mia said:

l lived in NJ. Trust me, Eagles and Giant's fans do not mix with rivals.I get what this person is saying.They would rather die than have their daughter cheering for their rival team.

On a different note. I am totally in LOVE with Kat!!!! If she doesn't make it!!!!I

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, KatherineB said:

Listen, if Cassie made it as bad as she sucked during her first prelims, then anything is possible. If you are in with K&J, then you make it. I do not buy this whole "who's most talented" thing. I think it's who you know or what connections you have for the most part. Except for Alexandra. If that were the case, then she would have made it by now.

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

How would a lawsuit like that work??? I can understand someone suing to keep something defaming (like getting cut) from being shown on broadcast tv but how would a lawsuit to make sure somebody got a spot on a dance team work??

Infliction of emotional and physical distress and trauma, or some type of breach of contract, a good lawyer can come up with many types of lawsuit or threat of lawsuit to make sure someone does what they said they'd do. 

• Useful 7
2 hours ago, Jessie S said:

Yea.... I think she might end up making the team and end up being a "1 and done" like Miss  Kalyssa. Amanda's a great dancer but, its REALLY obvious it that shes there for the frame and working with famous choreographers  not cause she really cares about the DCC organization. 

Yes. I admit, I cried when she talked about her brother, but maybe that's just because my family is going through some health stuff and I was over-identifying and projecting. But even in the midst of that, I kind of cocked my head when I heard her say something to the effect that she thought DCC could "give" her "everything" she "wanted." I was like, oooh, so maybe not a team player and definitely in this for what she can get out of it. Kelli does not love that kind of attitude for her team! And I don't think she misspoke, I do think that is how she feels, and I would agree with some of the more skeptical posters here that it's not so much the memory of her brother driving her as what she wants out of being in the spotlight. Still, I also can believe that part of what she said is true, that she is motivated to be brave and try for things when she has the chance because she knows everyone doesn't get those chances. 

On a different note: The slow-motion faces on the ladies when VK fell out of her turn and then off the dance floor--priceless. 😲

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, AAT said:

Listen, if Cassie made it as bad as she sucked during her first prelims, then anything is possible. If you are in with K&J, then you make it. I do not buy this whole "who's most talented" thing. I think it's who you know or what connections you have for the most part. Except for Alexandra. If that were the case, then she would have made it by now.

I definitely agree with you on that. Clearly, the legacy status is seen as a shoe-in for these girls and I think that's wrong. Cassie wasn't that good, although she did get better over time, but FVK is a train wreck and for her to take the spot of antihero girl who deserved it more just because of who she is -- that's beyond unfair. 

14 minutes ago, Route66 said:

There's no possible grounds for a lawsuit

A good lawyer can come up with grounds to sue for anything. 

• Love 6

I saw several people say that it wasn’t true that this year had the most returning vets ever but I can’t remember any other year with more. At the time of prelims, Lauren and Gabby were still returning vets so that would have left 7 spots. What year had fewer spots up for grabs?

38 minutes ago, KatherineB said:

I say this because not ONCE during the whole episode did K&J mention Tina, and the woman who was at AT&T stadium waiting for FVK was clearly her grandmother or an aunt. 

I was so relieved not to see Tina in the episode.  If they have some agreement in place—verbal or otherwise—I hope it involves limited to no participation by Tina in DCC MTT.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12

I’m just getting to watch and I can’t believe Victoria fell. It had nothing to do with that Pom. Her center of gravity was off and she was already on her way down when she stepped on the Pom. No one else that would do that would get invited to semis. Sometimes it’s just easier to give the squeaky wheel what she wants, even if it means a more deserving person doesnt move up. It isn’t fair but the whole world works this way.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, KatherineB said:

I definitely agree with you on that. Clearly, the legacy status is seen as a shoe-in for these girls and I think that's wrong. Cassie wasn't that good, although she did get better over time, but FVK is a train wreck and for her to take the spot of antihero girl who deserved it more just because of who she is -- that's beyond unfair. 

A good lawyer can come up with grounds to sue for anything. 

There's nothing to sue for and even if there were, Jerry Jones and the Cowboys have far more money and resources than Tina Kalina. Do you really believe Kelli Finglass is operating under fear of being sued if some girl doesn't make DCC? 

It is annoying that she's constantly talking about what a competitive year it is and what amazing dancers are auditioning, then just laughing when VK screws up.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, rafibomb said:

Well, if they're trying to plastic-surgery Alanna into Lacey, they've got a long way to go (sorry).

And it goes without saying that Daphne is no KaShara. She's never been one of the prettier faces in her class- good dancer, and clearly not a risk for weight watch, but tends towards a harsh look.

Gotta have a blonde tho! Surprised they didn’t use Rachel W. No one else is coming to mind for me other than Lexie.

I thought Daphne was very pretty last year, but def has slimmed down too much. Hopefully she’s finding balance and is healthy and happy. 

• Love 1

https://prodancecheer.com/nfl/cowboys/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-2013-finals-auditions-cowboys-stadium/

This article is from 2013 DCC auditions.  It says there were 32 returning vets that year.

That was the year Collin, Kali & Teri were cut at auditions, Courtney quit before TC and Chelsea was cut during TC.  They ended up with only 27 vets, but 32 showed up for auditions.  That is the most that I can recall...

• Useful 5
  • Love 11
25 minutes ago, Tootie said:

https://prodancecheer.com/nfl/cowboys/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-2013-finals-auditions-cowboys-stadium/

This article is from 2013 DCC auditions.  It says there were 32 returning vets that year.

That was the year Collin, Kali & Teri were cut at auditions, Courtney quit before TC and Chelsea was cut during TC.  They ended up with only 27 vets, but 32 showed up for auditions.  That is the most that I can recall...

That's a pretty good number though.  It will be interesting to see how many return for the 2020 season.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Thank you! I totally forgot about all the cuts that year. 

37 minutes ago, Kate2006 said:

I’m just getting to watch and I can’t believe Victoria fell. It had nothing to do with that Pom. Her center of gravity was off and she was already on her way down when she stepped on the Pom. No one else that would do that would get invited to semis. Sometimes it’s just easier to give the squeaky wheel what she wants, even if it means a more deserving person doesnt move up. It isn’t fair but the whole world works this way.

Agreed. Grabbed this shot from the episode that really shows how bad her turns are before she ever touched a pom.

F6D4595E-F6AF-4041-8FFD-B09F6D9C71F2.jpeg

• Love 10
31 minutes ago, Tootie said:

They ended up with only 27 vets, but 32 showed up for auditions.  That is the most that I can recall...

Forgot to mention, re-watching season 9 and there are 30 vets returning, so 32 is still the record.  And I really don't like Christina's hair back then:(  Looks better now!

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Tulip86 said:

CMT does not allow viewing for countries outside of the US usually, just links to their YouTube channel.

I also tried Amazon, it's available there but only for those with a US address using a credit card from a US bank. 😣

I live in Australia and I can view the first episode on the website. I have however, found that I can't be signed in with my vpn to watch. If I do that, it takes me straight to the youtube channel. good luck 🙂

• Love 2

You know what, if I wasn't on the Lily train before I am now after last night's episode. She seems simply ready to get what should've been hers all along and I loved that delivery of "Victoria, come sit with us." She was dead inside. 😂🤣

Also a big fan of Kat! 🙂

GO Lilly! 🙂

• LOL 6
  • Love 18
8 hours ago, rafibomb said:

I’d have loved a Caroline, Ashlee, Bridget trio as the promo poster! 

• Love 12
10 hours ago, LynneH said:

I think the "type" @LynneH was talking about was 1 African American, 1 Latina, 1 white blonde.

Source: many friends who are diehard (and occasionally angry and/or drunk) Eagles fans.

Only occasionally??  🤣  I've been to games, you're too kind!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, AAT said:

l lived in NJ. Trust me, Eagles and Giant's fans do not mix with rivals.I get what this person is saying.They would rather die than have their daughter cheering for their rival team.

I know this is all off-topic, so my last comment on this 🙂 . I used to work in a hospital.  At the time I was an Eagles fan (pre Michael Vick).  During one appointment, the doctor I was working with grew up in North Jersey & is a Giants fan and the patient walked in wearing a Cowboys jacket.  I said "Well....I guess we can talk about how much we hate the Redskins!" 

• LOL 12
  • Love 7

Here's the numbers I have for returning vets (meaning returning vets who made it to training camp):

2009--24

2010--26

2011--18 (But Kaitlin LeGrand was cut during training camp)

2012--20

2013--29 (But Courtney Cook dropped out and Chelsea was cut during training camp)

2014--27 (But Hannah was cut during training camp)

2015--20

2016--21

2017--24 (But Holly quit during training camp)

2018--21 (But Tara was cut during training camp)

2019--28

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • Useful 4
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, klopie said:

Thank you! I totally forgot about all the cuts that year. 

Agreed. Grabbed this shot from the episode that really shows how bad her turns are before she ever touched a pom.

F6D4595E-F6AF-4041-8FFD-B09F6D9C71F2.jpeg

All I see - besides her being off center - is wild hair and teeth!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

I think the "type" @LynneH was talking about was 1 African American, 1 Latina, 1 white blonde. 

But what about their redhead diversity? 😛

Honestly, I just hate that some of these girls get all this plastic surgery done solely to gain more visibly on a cheerleading squad. Something about K&J being all "Alanna fixed her face, let's promote her!" feels super icky to me. She looked fine before (if maybe not cover girl material). 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, KatherineB said:

Infliction of emotional and physical distress and trauma, or some type of breach of contract, a good lawyer can come up with many types of lawsuit or threat of lawsuit to make sure someone does what they said they'd do. 

Never happen.  Assumption of the "risk" (i.e. the emotional distress someone suffers if they don't make the team) and the waivers that have to be signed -

It would be bounced right of court.  (Erica anyone?)  (Although I think there may have been an under the table settlement with a hush hush agreement in that situation.)

i am a pretty good lawyer and I wouldn't touch the situation -- especially not for someone like VK or her stage mother.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I love Kat and like Amanda.  But they are both Kalyssa to me - just girls who want to promote their own agenda.  I can see Kat changing and really getting into the DCC vibe.  But not Amanda.  I really think they would be better off on these leaner years to focus on girls like Gina Marie that really want to be a DCC instead of really wanting to promote themselves.

I still love Kristin!  Yes, girl, there are people rooting for you!  They gave her notes and she took them and improved her facials.  I hope she is rewarded.  Plus, I think she was the warmest toward VK and it was natural because she is a good person.  I know none of them could like that storm......

• Love 14
11 hours ago, AAT said:

Wow!!! That is all over the board. Medicine, law, advertising and publishing. Sounds like she isn't sure what she wants to do. 

I believe she graduates this year so I’m sure she must have decided by now the direction she will follow. 

• Love 1