Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

Maddie can hold her own as a dancer but not as a DCC point. Too much competition. They have great dancers like Gina, Bridget, Jalyn, etc .... And great beauties like Alexis, RW, Heather, .... Maddie is a great dancer with average looks like Christina and Rachel A.

• Love 4
On 6/5/2019 at 1:25 PM, ByTor said:

Just putting it out there, for those of us with curls, we don't wear our hair, our hair wears us, and sometimes we look like "poodles."  When I was in 7th grade some kids followed me down the hall in school barking at me calling me a poodle, so I'm a little sensitive.

There is nothing wrong with curls. 

• Love 11

Does anyone have a link to the TCC list with their IG info?  There were also photo groupings of all the new TCC candidates.  I have Tootie's photo grid but there were others.

I can't find them now that the candidate list was merged with this one.

TIA.

2 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Does anyone have a link to the TCC list with their IG info?  There were also photo groupings of all the new TCC candidates.  I have Tootie's photo grid but there were others.

I can't find them now that the candidate list was merged with this one.

TIA.

2019-06-02 (8).png

• Love 2
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Tootie said:

2019-06-02 (8).png

Thanks Tootie!

I just found the post with the IG list by itself for anyone interested, courtesy of @Squeek:

All 45 TCC (Final list, all IG accounts and names):

Rookies:
Alexandra Pena @alexandra.micaa
Amanda Dilks @amandadilks (Philly Flyers)
Ashley Hancock @ashleyahancock (DMD) 
Bret McCall Lindley @bret_mccall (49ers)
Chandi Dayle  @chandidayle (UofAZ pom)
Gina Marie Campagna @ginamariecampagna (Trinity HS/Pagents)
Julia Fife @juliafife (DMD)
Kat Puryear @katpurr (Charlotte Hornets)
Kelcey Wetterburg @kelceywetterberg (Nebraska)
Kristen Dodd @kdodd_10 (Ice Angels)
Lauren Ligon @lauren_ligon (TCU Showgirl)
Lily Johnson @lilyjay21 (University of Kentucky)
Madeline Grace Salter @_mmadelinegrace (OCU)
Lisa Mills @lisa_mills (DMD)
Meredith Madden @meredithmadden
Shaina Grace @shainagrace (LSU Goldgengirl)
Taylor Pedersen @tay_pedersen (Suns Dancer)
Victoria Kalina @victoriaakalina (TC last year)

Vets:
Alanna Tarango @yomamaalanna / 2nd year
Alexis Peterson @alexispetersonn / 3rd year
Amber McMillan @amber_nicole74 / 2nd year
Amy Leonall @amy_nicole_l / 5th year 
Ashlee Ford @ashlee_nobanks  / 2nd year
Brennan Cook @brennanashley / 2nd year
Briana Baisden @bri_channelle / 2nd year
Bridget Jacob @classic_bridge / 2nd year
Caroline Sundvold @carolinebrock95 / 2nd year
Christina Riccelli @christina_riccelli / 3rd year
Cianna Levi @cicilevi  / 2nd year
Daphne Janes @daph7 / 2nd year
Erin Sauerhage @erin__margaret / 2nd year
Gina Ligi @ginaligi / 3rd year
Hannah Anderson @hannah_anderson95 / 2nd year
Heather  O'Connor @heathertherese94  / 4th year
Jalyn Stough @jalynstough / 2nd year
Lexie Sullivan @lexiesullivan26 / 3rd year
Madeline Massingill @madeline_massingill / 4th year
Madeline Molloy @madeline_molloy / 2nd year
Miranda Tims @mirandatims / 3rd year
Molly Neumeister @mollyneumeister / 3rd year
Rachel Alexander @rachelalexander / 3rd year
Rachel Wyatt @rachelyukiwyatt / 2nd year
Savannah Heineken @saaavy / 3rd year
Taylor Johnson @taylorjohnsonj / 2nd year
Tess Guidry @misstessguidry / 4th year 

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Law Mom said:

Not really a novelty. BYU is one of the best college hip hop dance teams in the country. Hip hop is definitely part of the Utah Mormon culture.

No it isn't . . . it's just easy to do . . . the BYU dance team does all kinds of things and how do I know you may ask? I live next door to the campus . . .

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

I also tend to side eye people who are "too nice". They freak me out. 

Oh man, living in Utah would totally freak you out, you’d have a permanent side eye happening.  It’s an incredibly nice culture, Mormon and non Mormon.  Maybe it’s the mountain air.  Maddie just makes me smile because she is just so Utah. And so is Tasha. And so was Courtney Cook.  *pauses to think 🤔 * um, I have to go do some soul searching because now I’m worried someone out there might describe me as just so Utah. And no. Just no.

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, Jennv said:

I agree with your picks, except I think Kat will be #9

She may very well be, she's gorgeous and definitely has the look...I just haven't really seen any of her dancing. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I think Abigail is universally liked. Maybe Mia and Nicole as well? Don’t think i’ve seen any negative comments about them.

Erica was really popular and we were all #ericaforpoint before *that* season/tc started too but that doesn’t count anymore.

I agree with Abigail and Nicole...I have never really read any hate on them.  Mia...while she was beautiful, I was never on the Mia fan train.  She was almost as annoying as Gina to me. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, BringItOn said:

To give y'all an idea on how much I would NOT enjoy watching  Maddie as point is that I would rather watch GINA!

Honestly, even VK spastic dance moves would be more hilariously entertaining than Maddie.

I love Maddie...and as much as I'd love to see her at point, I don't think she'll move to that spot.  I think she will stay where she is.  Heather has been who I see making point..but  after seeing the media day videos from yesterday, Alexis or Lexie would be stunning at point and tptb may suprise us by putting one of them up there.  🙂

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Kayce said:
7 hours ago, BringItOn said:

I love Maddie...and as much as I'd love to see her at point, I don't think she'll move to that spot.  I think she will stay where she is.  Heather has been who I see making point..but  after seeing the media day videos from yesterday, Alexis or Lexie would be stunning at point and tptb may suprise us by putting one of them up there.  🙂

I agree with you on Mia. Beautiful, but that voice 🤮. And I always thought that Jackie Bob should have been point 😝

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, adukesantana said:

I agree with you on Mia. Beautiful, but that voice 🤮. And I always thought that Jackie Bob should have been point 😝

Yes x 1000 to this!  I love Jackie 🙂

• Love 6

Jackie had to be one of the best all around DCC. She had pop and my eyes would always go to her. 

I like Maddie. I like Quirky and Underdog roles. She isn't your typical DCC and I like that. But for Point???? I hope they pick someone unexpected.

• Love 9
36 minutes ago, adukesantana said:

Yes! I thought Jackie was a way better dancer than Mia and was always salty about it 😂

• Love 5

On 6/5/2019 at 3:28 PM, Loves2Dance said:

Loose lips sinks ships...imo, Tiffany's oversharing of the process is what did her in. Without her we wouldn't have known about the late candidate to the interview. Sure it's fine to share a few pictures, but the girl was too detailed---and when Kek, Jud and Scarecrow are trying to stop the tea, that was a major red flag. 

Where did she overshare?  It's not on that IG post that was shared...

On 6/5/2019 at 2:34 PM, YellowRose said:

I thought Miranda looked amazing at tryouts!

Image-1-5.jpg

Amanda looks truly amazing without all of the make up and hair fluff. Young and fresh and natural beauty. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, J-R said:

Amanda looks truly amazing without all of the make up and hair fluff. Young and fresh and natural beauty. 

Miranda has always been one of my faves from this class of rookies...her and Lauren.

• Love 8
(edited)

Wow, I had to catch up!

Re: Maddie. DANG! Tough crowd up in this piece. Maddie is just a nice mormon girl who got lucky. She's super well-liked among her peers and has a really good heart. I feel that she deserves to be a DCC. For the record, ask a dancer, choreographer or dance teacher: Hip-hop is as technically difficult to choreograph and execute as ballet-when it's done right. Technical hip-hop is not just jumping around and swinging your arms while you booty pop.

Re: "Universally liked". What's the criteria? The fan opinion? Peer opinion? Teacher/instructor opinion? I'm not sure if we're referencing Nicole Bulcher or Nicole Hamilton. If it's Hamilton, then yes, I've not seen evidence of anything contrary to her just being a hard-working, nice person. Another one is Meagan Sharp (I'm sure we could find an anomaly to say something nasty, but I'm speaking generally). Bulcher has certainly found her people and place among fellow prominent DCC alumni, and I haven't seen any evidence that could classify her unpopular or mean (see caveat below). Abigail may be a fan fave but, like many of these types, she's the pet of those above her (and when the cameras are rolling-"Kelli! Kelli all the waaaaay"), and sometimes perhaps not so much to some who are not.

Caveat for the Bulchers, the Abigails, the Brookes, etc: I don't even think it's "mean girl", I think it's a genuine, organic perception that you hold a middle-management slot in the hierarchy and so you get to relax the sweet syrupy bullshit and just let loose and be straight up sometimes because, well, you can, and you don't have the energy or the desire to sugar coat it to someone who needs emotional babysitting (i.e. a needy rookie). I'd chalk it up to lack of awareness or fatigue vs maliciousness.  Caveat to the caveat: Previous caveat does not apply to Cassie LOL. I'm not meaning to malign these young women, just to say that everyone has a unique and valuable perspective, IMO.

Re: Savannah: I'm such a fan. I think her look is sexy as hell and she is a stunner, IMO. 

Re: Madeline Salter- I can't wait to see her story play out. It'll be interesting to get to know her personality and skills. Her waspy looks aren't my thing but she is, of course, lovely and has the DCC look. But can we please stop naming our daughters Madeline now?! 

Edited by MavisL
  • Love 9

I think Maddie seems like a lovely friend, good teammate and solid DCC, but I don’t understand why she didn’t get more of a Jinelle treatment. I actually enjoy watching Jinelle dance more, and I know her look was a tougher sell for some. I personally think she’s beautiful vs Maddie’s cute  

Maybe Jinelle just had stronger dancers to compete with for prime spots, but still. Her spot in the triangle is where I would put Maddie. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

All this talk about who will get point and I am struggling to remember where Kashara was in the formation prior to being point. I know they had Jenna at point and then she had to sit out HOF game and she got all whiny when they didn’t put her back at point after HOF. 

• Love 1

I like Maddie and she seems nice and easy to be around.   I'm not a dancer and she's a hell of a dancer and has mass appeal which is what professional dancers want i believe.  I would gravitate towards her i I were a DCC (ha) because I'm a sensitive person and she doesn't seem like a mean girl (Gina, et.al). I still think Heather will get point based on looks and seniority. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, adukesantana said:

To me, Mia dances like a baby deer learning how to walk...very "lanky."  Jackie was very controlled.  She would've made a better point dancer.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, Jennv said:

All this talk about who will get point and I am struggling to remember where Kashara was in the formation prior to being point. I know they had Jenna at point and then she had to sit out HOF game and she got all whiny when they didn’t put her back at point after HOF. 

Kashara was in the triangle, on the other side of Lacey. It wasn’t a shock that she would be in line for point with Jenna and Holly out and Erica injured, IMO given her position, and that wasn’t the deepest team in terms of power dancers. She just wasn’t part of the conversation in the summer (neither was Lacey) because those 3 were considered the top dancers.

I think Kashara was further back in a performance earlier that summer (I think Amy posted it to her ig back then) and Jinelle was to Jenna’s right, but she (Kashara) had already moved up by Oxnard.  

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Kashara was in the triangle, on the other side of Lacey. It wasn’t a shock that she would be in line for point with Jenna and Holly out and Erica injured, IMO given her position, and that wasn’t the deepest team in terms of power dancers. She just wasn’t part of the conversation in the summer (neither was Lacey) because those 3 were considered the top dancers.

I think Kashara was further back in a performance earlier that summer (I think Amy posted it to her ig back then) and Jinelle was to Jenna’s right, but she (Kashara) had already moved up by Oxnard.  

Ugh I think I hate this routine more than any other even fireball. Too much squatting and grinding. Also I get what  they’re trying to do but those alternating levels etc just look disjointed and out of synch. 

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Forgive me. I was just a lurker back then mostly and don't remember the discussion. Why wasn't Holly to the right of Jenna? Wasn't Holly stronger than Kashara? I know it all changed after Jenna and Holly left...

(edited)
12 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

Maddie's whole persona confuses me. I don't like how she tries to be the squeaky clean, innocent, sweet Mormon girl from Utah, but also the cool hip hop dancer, while also being the nerdy girl, and then also a sexy cheerleader dancing in a barely-there uniform. I also think she has a slight air of arrogance to her.

To me, she completely lacks sex appeal, and since the DCC literally promote all things sexy with their uniform, dancing, and swimsuit calendar, it is uncomfortable watching her dance and try to be sexy. I also can't get past her baby face, gummy smile, and bad hair.

I also tend to side eye people who are "too nice". They freak me out. 

I have a soft spot for her, I admit, because she's NOT the DCC cookie cutter. But I can see your points.

The only thing I'd counter on this is the "slight air of arrogance" thing. I disagree. I think that's confidence and she didn't have much her first time around in training camp. She cried a lot, sounded whiny and was reflecting her young age and lack of experience. She's come a long way since then.

Do I see her at point? Nope. But nearby, yes.

Edited by ATLGirl
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Forgive me. I was just a lurker back then mostly and don't remember the discussion. Why wasn't Holly to the right of Jenna? Wasn't Holly stronger than Kashara? I know it all changed after Jenna and Holly left...

No idea. It could’ve been a hair color thing, or they may have just preferred Kashara. I think there’s no doubt that Holly is a stronger overall dancer than Kashara (and stronger than Jenna as well), but I honestly think Holly is much better in other styles. Even when they move out of the triangle, and she’s in the center of the formation, my eyes don’t go to her. They follow Jenna. I’ve just never loved Holly in the DCC style.

Just my opinion, but I think Holly ended up in the right place in LA. She’s great in jazz and hip hop.

As for Maddie, between Kalyssa(!) outdancing her in that hip hop routine 2 years ago and Gina outdancing her all of last year in the formation, I just don’t think her dance is up to par for point. It’s not even a looks thing for me.

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Ugh I think I hate this routine more than any other even fireball. Too much squatting and grinding. Also I get what  they’re trying to do but those alternating levels etc just look disjointed and out of synch. 

I'm so sick of ThunderStrook....and something else I'm sick of...every darn DCC that gets married HAS to do it at their wedding....I can't roll my eyes any harder at that...because if I do...my eyes will get stuck looking at the inside of my skull. 

• Love 9
48 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

The song is AWFUL!

i feel sick flu GIF

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

They’ll probably be doing thunderstruck until K&J retire...I know it’s a sentimental piece for everyone but Jesus Christ it’s been 10 years now. At least pick a new song over the same routine. So dated. 

• Love 9
52 minutes ago, Kayce said:

I'm so sick of ThunderStrook....and something else I'm sick of...every darn DCC that gets married HAS to do it at their wedding....I can't roll my eyes any harder at that...because if I do...my eyes will get stuck looking at the inside of my skull. 

Lol. Thank you, Kindred Spirit!! I mentioned my distaste of the Thunderstruck Wedding dance a couple of years ago on here, and I was attacked like I said I wanted to make a coat out of puppy skins.

I know others find it cute, and I can’t really find the words to describe my feeling on it without sounding like a complete bitch. So I’ll just say that I, too, find it eye roll worthy. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Madeline Salter gets an alumni sendoff to training camp.

This will surely get her called into the office about not getting any unfair treatment or special favors...

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, Mercurialsteph said:

Exactly my point! If I recall correctly EVERY guest choreographer last year singled her out. And that included Travis freaking WALL. If these professional outside  choreographers seem to all really like her I’m going to say she’s probably pretty damn good. 

And no, we don’t all need to like the same people, I just don’t think or understand why pick on one of the more genuine, talented, girls that by being put   in front could be a welcome change. If this board is a free focus group than let’s use our ‘power’ to come down on other more serious issues than someone who really doesn’t deserve this kind of scrutiny and attack. She’s one of the good ones it seems like. 

Well I think again the “debate” is between those who think that triangle positions should be reserved for the top dancers and those who think other things factor in like personality/leadership etc. I personally think it’s a combination, but I’d rather have them choose the ‘nicest’ girls out of the top dancers for these positions and I don’t think Maddie is top 3, maybe not even top 10.

2 hours ago, kalibean said:

I think Maddie seems like a lovely friend, good teammate and solid DCC, but I don’t understand why she didn’t get more of a Jinelle treatment. I actually enjoy watching Jinelle dance more, and I know her look was a tougher sell for some. I personally think she’s beautiful vs Maddie’s cute  

Maybe Jinelle just had stronger dancers to compete with for prime spots, but still. Her spot in the triangle is where I would put Maddie. 

I think Jinelle realized they were hiding her for no reason honestly. She’s much prettier than Maddie, lean figure vs weight warnings and I would say they’re about the same in dance ability. Don’t understand why Jinelle was so far back even as GL and 5 year vet while Maddie made it all the way to triangle and 1GL out of the blue. We’ve had a few debates over Kashara’s “rise” but I think hers was more deserved than Maddie’s.

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Well I think again the “debate” is between those who think that triangle positions should be reserved for the top dancers and those who think other things factor in like personality/leadership etc. I personally think it’s a combination, but I’d rather have them choose the ‘nicest’ girls out of the top dancers for these positions and I don’t think Maddie is top 3, maybe not even top 10.

I think Jinelle realized they were hiding her for no reason honestly. She’s much prettier than Maddie, lean figure vs weight warnings and I would say they’re about the same in dance ability. Don’t understand why Jinelle was so far back even as GL and 5 year vet while Maddie made it all the way to triangle and 1GL out of the blue. We’ve had a few debates over Kashara’s “rise” but I think hers was more deserved than Maddie’s.

Jinelle was a fave of mine for several reasons. Listening to her tell her story, with her little suitcase, all by herself going to audition really spoke to her inner strength. I may not have a posse, or privilege, but dammit, I'm going to go for it anyway. 

I agree about them hiding her, and I'm not sure why either. If I have to compare recent point girls like KaShara, Jenna, and Jennifer to Jinelle, it's not even a contest for looks, figure, personality and projection. And she was a leader without being a preachy, obnoxious do-gooder. She didn't behave like a leader, she WAS a leader. But I guess that's why we all have our favorites and preferences.

• Love 11
(edited)
13 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Madeline Salter gets an alumni sendoff to training camp.

I hope she won't be the sacrificial legacy that gets axed (Dayton) to justify VK.

Edited by BringItOn
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, adukesantana said:

So strange. I never posted that.

There’s some girl named Taylor that is friends with Eden Greenhouse that I think might try out soon. She’s TCU but not sure she dances for them. I found her from Mia’s instagram - @tayloralexis____

6 hours ago, Kayce said:

Yes x 1000 to this!  I love Jackie 🙂

I met her unexpectedly and she is downright gorgeous, kind, and down to earth. I think she’s someone who would be great to take over some day. She’s dabbled in leadership roles within the NFL as it relates to the cheerleaders as well as being a DCC herself. Jackie Bob gets my vote (not that it matters lol).

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

I met her unexpectedly and she is downright gorgeous, kind, and down to earth. I think she’s someone who would be great to take over some day. She’s dabbled in leadership roles within the NFL as it relates to the cheerleaders as well as being a DCC herself. Jackie Bob gets my vote (not that it matters lol).

Jackie Bob! What a wonderful DCC and human being! 

• Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, MavisL said:

Re: Madeline Salter- I can't wait to see her story play out. It'll be interesting to get to know her personality and skills. Her waspy looks aren't my thing but she is, of course, lovely and has the DCC look. But can we please stop naming our daughters Madeline now?! 

Kelli needs to implement a new rule: If you have the same name as any current DCC, you will receive a new, unique name as part of your DCC makeover. 😆

Edited by hannahbanana
  • LOL 20
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

Kelli needs to implement a new rule: If you have the same name as any current DCC, you will receive a new, unique name as part of your DCC makeover. 😆

haha I think that's a great idea. And we get to choose it!

• LOL 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, BringItOn said:

So strange. I never posted that.

She was referring to my post I think. 🙂

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 1
(edited)
43 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

Hey, those of us with really common names are used to it lol. Try being a Jessica when it was the most common name for ten years. I’ve lost count of the the nicknames “given” to me over the years bc there were so many Jessicas in the class/group/team/etc lol.

Edited by Jess14
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Jennv said:

Speaking of Point...does it really matter?

I loved the alum during last season's show that introduced herself during the first meeting by saying, she never moved up in the Thunderstruck pyramid- but, I think she went to pro bowl, maybe was a leader as well? ...can't remember. Anyway- good for her for letting the others know that you can still be successful on the team without being the point. 

In fact, they are all world-class dancers or they would not be on this team.

Then, Why not rotate the point? If you are gameday girl- you are point that week. I really believe these girls are quite capable of changing positions in that triangle for each game. So, spread the love! 

• Love 14