Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

17 hours ago, Kayce said:

Just my hopes ....

Heather for point...(although I would love it to go to Maddie)  Maddie and Amy finishing the triangle.  Group leaders Amy, Maddie, Tess and Heather.  2nds... Lexie, Lauren , Miranda  and one of these 3: Molly, Rachel or Savannah. 

Gina is too much of a me me me person to be a leader or point.  She's a strong dancer but she gets so over the top she appears to rush things.  I know people don't like Maddie's look... I don't like Gina's.. she is less HD friendly than several on the team.  She has a sharp face, squinty eyes and is unpleasant to look at.  People say she's grown ... I don't buy it... I think it's all an act on her part to push her way up the ladder.  She's probably the most annoying team member in recent years that I've seen.  That's just my opinion.... which in this world of DCC means nothing.  

I would love to see Maddie as point just because she is so not the idea of what point should be. I think Lauren would be my #1 pick, but really just about anybody except Gina would be okay with me (she just turns me off).

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:
1 hour ago, BringItOn said:

How pissed would Gina be if she didn't make triangle this year. Lol!

Will never happen. Kelli loves her. 

Edited by Loves2Dance

Omg I just watched VK’s cut scene from last year. I forgot how bad it was!! It puzzles me that nothing was said on camera about her exact issues - which most of us felt were obvious - but yet they could not have shown her in a less flattering way visually, with all that makeup smeared all over her face...

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Cruisegirl said:

I never saw anything why Dayton  left or was asked to leave the ship/cruise line . I follow a few of the dance crew and it’s being kept quiet. Questions have been asked, but they are keeping quiet. She is starting to become active on social media again hanging with former and present DCC’s. 

B06DDDA2-F8F2-4CFE-8DBB-635420ED3732.jpeg

I agree with you, because Shelly DM me months ago, giving me a link to the ship Dayton was on and Shelly also said in that DM that Dayton was on the cruise from November to August. 

Something must OST have happened esp if it was one of Dayton’s dreams to work on a cruiseship.

I’m getting the vibe that that VK is far more spoilt than when Cassie was on. Why dont one of the judges tell them that maybe needs some life experience (isn’t that what K and J told Kali Fullerton and Kathryn Dunn?). Can someone tell Tessa (former Colts cheerleader and former TCC, who left because she got some knee injury during TCC then had a stroke) to try out again and I bet Kelli would be along the lines of “who do I choose? VK, who I gave a promise to be on the team or a girl who can dance, and had a stroke etc” (ok that sounded so rude).

a little off topic @Loves2Dance is your avatar Lin Manuel Miranda?

• Love 2

God, I loved Tessa. After her surgery and before the next auditions, she should have seen the physical therapist that Mackenzie Lee went to. She stretched her out ridiculously, to help improve her kicks. Other than her flexibility, Tessa was the total package to me. On a second note, Hannah's "Pour some sugar on me" will be perfect. It came out in 1987 when KF was at the height of her DCC career. Maybe it will make her feel all warm and fuzzy inside :)

• Love 7
On 5/21/2019 at 9:07 PM, loveaux said:

i really don't wanna hear kjc say anything about kristin being soft when they left their all time fav come in soft as hell AND gain an additional couple of pounds. nu-uh. let that baby be soft.

LOL kjc.  Is that new?  I haven't been here in a while.

5 hours ago, Michele Butler said:

God, I loved Tessa. After her surgery and before the next auditions, she should have seen the physical therapist that Mackenzie Lee went to. She stretched her out ridiculously, to help improve her kicks. Other than her flexibility, Tessa was the total package to me. On a second note, Hannah's "Pour some sugar on me" will be perfect. It came out in 1987 when KF was at the height of her DCC career. Maybe it will make her feel all warm and fuzzy inside 🙂

This is where I get confused on K&J with their consistency. While I absolutely loved Mackenzie Lee, she had horrible kicks. Even after PT. Yet Tess and that Taylor, one who loved trucks, had the same kicks, if not better, and didn't make it. Same with Loni L years back. She had horrible kicks as well, but they loved her. 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, DBAAT said:

This is where I get confused on K&J with their consistency. While I absolutely loved Mackenzie Lee, she had horrible kicks. Even after PT. Yet Tess and that Taylor, one who loved trucks, had the same kicks, if not better, and didn't make it. Same with Loni L years back. She had horrible kicks as well, but they loved her. 

I think Mackenzie Lee had some improvement in her kicks by the end of TC. Taylor's were better, but I think a big part of the reason why Mackenzie was put on the team was the fact the other girls liked her a lot, and she had the personality to be a good spokeswoman for the squad.

I was disappointed Taylor did not make the team, but I sometimes wonder if Kelli wanted to take her, but she was overruled by Charlotte.

15 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I coulda made that costume--it would have been done by the next century I imagine!

Gosh sewing machines have come a long way since my Mom's Singer which I inherited.

P.S.  I cannot sew and am amazed by this lady's talent.

I get cramps in my fingers just watching this.

19 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Did we ever determine what foiled Dayton's contract before the end? I was almost worried she'd show up at try outs, but when she didn't, I breathed a sigh of relief. I hope she is okay. 

Say what????? Dayton is no longer on the cruise ship?????? I wonder what happened!

On 5/26/2019 at 3:11 PM, Squeek said:

All in all this has been the most forgettable rookie class I've seen since the show started.  Going through the calendar shoot pics I had to keep going back to the roster to figure out who a few were because they just didn't make an impression.  Amber, Ashlee, Brianna, Gabby, Taylor, I honestly didn't really remember.  Brennan I remembered basically because of all the fuss.  The rookies who actually made an impression, Caroline, Cianna, Erin, Jalyn.  Madeline I do remember due to her face and eyes but her dancing never caught my attention.

I just wasn't impressed with last year's rookie class.  I think maybe if everything hadn't been so centered on VK, Malena and Dayton the other rookies might have had a chance to make an impression.  So much time was spent on those three the others didn't get much of a chance to get known.  

Thank you for saying this! I absolutely agree. I spend more time reading this board thinking "who is that now" when they talk about rookies. They were all bland, boring, and no personalities. There was WAY too much focus on Malena. And I admit, towards the middle I ended up fast forwarding through her sections, She was so annoying and blah. 

I seriously HATE the seasons when they focus on one person, generally someone who sucks. Breelan , Morgan,  Malena...these are the people I actively root against because they are shoved down our throats. Can we PLEASE go back to the years where we got to know all the rookies and not just those tptb think we want to hear about? 

And Brennan. And Christina. YUCK and double YUCK. 

• Love 5

They seem to pick at least one girl who they become fixated on no matter what. I think the show started jumping the shark in Season 8 with the Morgan saga. Season 6 was bad enough with Carissa, Taylor and Kali F. Season 4 we had the we brought back Kaime for your viewing entertainment, but I wanted to beat my head against my keyboard because quite frankly I was tired of hearing about it by the time they cut her. And then there is the Melissa the Mentor who was working so hard to get Breelan on the team. Need I say more. I cannot help but think CMT is trying hard to prove to us certain girls deserve to be in TC or on the team. Sorry CMT gang because it is not working out.

5 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Say what????? Dayton is no longer on the cruise ship?????? I wonder what happened!

We will probably never know. Her contract was not up so either she was asked to leave( the cruise lines don’t put up with any crap)  or she broke the contract.  The rest of the cast is still on the ship and posting about all the places they are traveling to. 

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, Cruisegirl said:

We will probably never know. Her contract was not up so either she was asked to leave( the cruise lines don’t put up with any crap)  or she broke the contract.  The rest of the cast is still on the ship and posting about all the places they are traveling to. 

Either way, unless she was not at fault for any issue but asked to leave anyway for form's sake or she has a medical issue that prevented her from completing the contract, Dayton's probably burned a bridge with them and is not likely going to be considered for another Royal Caribbean contract for a long while, if at all.  That's sad because she got an opportunity that not many people get and it would have allowed her to grow more as a person due to all the experiences.  If it's just due to homesickness, than maybe taking a job that sends you away from home for up to nine months or more is probably not a good fit, especially if you're not sure about the fit between personalities.

• Love 3

I think if this girl makes it to TC that they need to change her hair color.  Maybe lighten it.  She is too tan.  It blends with her skin too much for her face to stand out.

DCC-Prep-class-16.jpg

DCC-Prep-class-15.jpg

DCC-prelims-set-33.jpg

DCC-prelims-set-37.jpg

On 5/26/2019 at 4:11 PM, Squeek said:

I love watching the speculation about vets that may not, or in fan opinion, shouldn't make it back.  

I know this won't be a popular opinion but I'm not a Brennan fan, I just don't think she's got the look or the dance.  I wouldn't really be surprised to see her not make it back with what I've seen of the new finalists.  I've seen a lot of people say Caroline may not make it back, the rookie of the year not make it back?  I don't see that happening unless she really messes up.

All in all this has been the most forgettable rookie class I've seen since the show started.  Going through the calendar shoot pics I had to keep going back to the roster to figure out who a few were because they just didn't make an impression.  Amber, Ashlee, Brianna, Gabby, Taylor, I honestly didn't really remember.  Brennan I remembered basically because of all the fuss.  The rookies who actually made an impression, Caroline, Cianna, Erin, Jalyn.  Madeline I do remember due to her face and eyes but her dancing never caught my attention.

I just wasn't impressed with last year's rookie class.  I think maybe if everything hadn't been so centered on VK, Malena and Dayton the other rookies might have had a chance to make an impression.  So much time was spent on those three the others didn't get much of a chance to get known.  

As for VK, she doesn't impress me and I was surprised she made it into finals last year even being the daughter of Kelli's best friend.  She just didn't have it.  Everyone says "She was just 18 and just out of high school".  So?  Abigail Klein was just out of high school, I can name half a dozen more and none of them behaved like VK (Cassie wasn't even that bad!).  She doesn't look any better this year (When she's not sucking it in hard enough to pass out.) than she did last year.  I full expect her to make the team this year because her mom would not have let her put herself through this again without having talked to Kelli about it and gotten some kind of assurance she wouldn't be embarrassed again.  

I don't think Malena will ever have the memory to remember all the DCC routines and I hope they didn't bring her back just for ratings if they take her into TC again.  I didn't feel like she had the stuff to make it on the team but felt so bad they kept stringing her along and she quit her job to stay when you knew she wasn't going to make it.  

I think the leaders this year will be Amy, Maddie, Tess and Heather.  For seconds I'd like to see Lauren, Gina, Savannah, and Alexis or Christina.

For point... I'm a fan of Maddie but I don't think she's got the flash for point.  So probably Amy or Heather.  I'd love to see Lauren get it someday or Savannah but I know they're not the flashiest dancers out there.  I always wanted to see Mackenzie Lee get it too.  Maybe I'm just odd.

I also think the group leaders will be Amy, Maddie, Heather, and Tess.  But I think that Miranda, Lexie, Alexis, and Molly will get second leaders.

• Love 1

I think two of the 2nd leaders are pretty obvious: Gina and Lexie. They are the only two, 2nd years who were in the triangle in there groups and Last year we’re the only 2nd years in the first 4 rows of the big triangle. The other two spots I’d like for Miranda and Lauren to have but Lauren may not be able to commit to the role as she might have a lot on her plate.

However I would not be surprised if they make some rookies 2nd leaders given that this will probably be the last year for more of the 2nd years then the rookies.  They may want a smooth transition from this year to next years leadership. 

• Love 1
On 5/26/2019 at 1:35 PM, bigskygirl said:

I could see Heather as point girl. To be honest about it, I could care less who is point girl or group leader. I want to see if a vet or one year rookie is cut at finals or during TC, who makes it to TC, and to hear more of the real story instead of CMT, Kelli and Charlotte trying to make things up as they go along show wise. What can I say, I want my guilty pleasure train wreck to keep moving along.

Lol...that just cracked me up!! 🙂 

7 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

I also think the group leaders will be Amy, Maddie, Heather, and Tess.  But I think that Miranda, Lexie, Alexis, and Molly will get second leaders.

I can see that group for second leaders 🙂

On 5/27/2019 at 1:50 AM, hannahbanana said:

I would love to see Maddie as point just because she is so not the idea of what point should be. I think Lauren would be my #1 pick, but really just about anybody except Gina would be okay with me (she just turns me off).

I can't like this enough lol!  Heather, Maddie, Lauren...any of those three would be awesome at point...Heck that would be an awesome triangle, but I see them putting Amy in the triangle with Maddie and Heather.  I just do not see Gina in the triangle. She needs to stay where she's at in the formation.  I've been really good in the past and tried to be positive about all of the dancers, but I just do not like her.  I feel the same way about Gina as By Tor does about KaShara 🙂😉 

7 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

I think if this girl makes it to TC that they need to change her hair color.  Maybe lighten it.  She is too tan.  It blends with her skin too much for her face to stand out.

DCC-Prep-class-16.jpg

DCC-Prep-class-15.jpg

DCC-prelims-set-33.jpg

DCC-prelims-set-37.jpg

She's pulling that leg up with a flexed foot and it looks forced not effortless (ala Lacey or Holly P effortless)....it's not attractive. 

• Love 3

I wonder if a new trend in dance/audition shorts is on the horizon. I was looking at the Chargers cheerleaders tryouts photos on PDC and saw a lot of ladies wearing black and beige versions of those tightie whities the redhead was wearing at DCC auditions. They seem very 80s to me and maybe I'm just resisting something that's different, but I prefer the dance shorts to the dance bikini bottoms. Also, it said they had about 175 people audition, so it seems like DCCs deflated numbers are coming into the more normal range. Jessica Marie covered the Chargers auditions, as she apparently has moved to LA with her fiance.

https://prodancecheer.com/nfl/chargers/los-angeles-charger-girls-2019-auditions/2/

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/26/2019 at 4:28 PM, Tootie said:

There were actually 101 numbers on the Semi-Finals board.  The count of 50 Finalists came from one of the finalists: Tiffany Taliaferro.

2019-05-24 (36).png

It's weird that there aren't any numbers  from 26-51, 76-101, 131-200, 275-300.... just another way to manipulate numbers because we know that there were not over 300 auditioning.  Hmmmm

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 3

I had a look through the images on Pro Dance Cheer where Meredith features a lot. I think she looks great and would be a good edition to the squad. I liked her last year! 

I wish Malena had some self preservation and awareness. Maybe  she has figured out how to break through her mental block. If not, I hope the DCC does not offer false hope by bringing her back to camp. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Kayce said:

It's weird that there aren't any numbers  from 26-51, 76-101, 131-200, 275-300.... just another way to manipulate numbers because we know that there were not over 300 auditioning.  Hmmmm

It's because there's 4 lines at registration, they used to be 1-100, 101-200, etc but they've had to bring it down over the years due to low turnout.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, coffeemug230 said:

Dayton did post a picture that said "last time in my favorite port" on insta awhile ago

This is one of the reasons I don't think anything weird happened that she left the ship but some people just have to think the worst about things.  

• Love 11
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Squeek said:

This is one of the reasons I don't think anything weird happened that she left the ship but some people just have to think the worst about things.  

I agree. I'm baffled that people are still fixated on Dayton. She is not a DCC, not a former DCC, and is not trying out this year.

Edited by BringItOn
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
54 minutes ago, Squeek said:

It's because there's 4 lines at registration, they used to be 1-100, 101-200, etc but they've had to bring it down over the years due to low turnout.

Gotcha!  I was wondering 🙂 Thanks for explaining!

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Squeek said:

I took it as they were leaving port and heading to another.... because it's been awhile since she posted that shot.  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Kayce said:

I can't like this enough lol!  Heather, Maddie, Lauren...any of those three would be awesome at point...Heck that would be an awesome triangle, but I see them putting Amy in the triangle with Maddie and Heather.  I just do not see Gina in the triangle. She needs to stay where she's at in the formation.  I've been really good in the past and tried to be positive about all of the dancers, but I just do not like her.  I feel the same way about Gina as By Tor does about KaShara 🙂😉 

She's pulling that leg up with a flexed foot and it looks forced not effortless (ala Lacey or Holly P effortless)....it's not attractive. 

Why does she looks so familiar?  Has she auditioned before? 

9 minutes ago, Kayce said:

I took it as they were leaving port and heading to another.... because it's been awhile since she posted that shot.  

Kayce:
I took it as it'd be the last time she'd be in that port, like her time on the ship was coming to an end.  She'd been posting every couple weeks and I just took it as her time was coming to an end.  

BringItOn:
YES!  She tried out twice, she didn't make it and she moved on.  Let the girl have some peace.

In general:
There's been a lot of argument about this and that she was under contract for 9 months but I have friends that have worked for RC in the past and one who is currently on another ship and they say (as does their website) that RC contracts for 7 or 8 months and they've never heard of exceptions to that.  She was contracted in August so it makes sense she'd be home in April or May, even with a 9 month contract.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Squeek said:

Kayce:
I took it as it'd be the last time she'd be in that port, like her time on the ship was coming to an end.  She'd been posting every couple weeks and I just took it as her time was coming to an end.  

BringItOn:
YES!  She tried out twice, she didn't make it and she moved on.  Let the girl have some peace.

In general:
There's been a lot of argument about this and that she was under contract for 9 months but I have friends that have worked for RC in the past and one who is currently on another ship and they say (as does their website) that RC contracts for 7 or 8 months and they've never heard of exceptions to that.  She was contracted in August so it makes sense she'd be home in April or May, even with a 9 month contract.

We're just going by what her mother said.  She left Dallas at the end of September and she herself was telling people she wouldn't be in town during DCC auditions.  

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

We're just going by what her mother said.  She left Dallas at the end of September and she herself was telling people she wouldn't be in town during DCC auditions.  

Maybe she decided not to renew, who knows but everyone is so set it's something bad and nasty happened.  I didn't think she was cut out to be a DCC but I don't know the girl and don't understand why everyone has to be so negative. I don't remember when she left but I know she signed the contract before her 21st birthday the end of August.  So 7-8 months would have put her home by now.  *shrug*  

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Squeek said:

Maybe she decided not to renew, who knows but everyone is so set it's something bad and nasty happened.  I didn't think she was cut out to be a DCC but I don't know the girl and don't understand why everyone has to be so negative. I don't remember when she left but I know she signed the contract before her 21st birthday the end of August.  So 7-8 months would have put her home by now.  *shrug*  

Do contracts for cruise line start right away though? Assuming her contract started in October or November when she was actually rehearsing for the show then that would be home in June or July. If she was telling people she was expected to be home in August then her contract wouldn't have started until she was on the ship in December. Either way, she's home now whether it be she left voluntarily or was terminated. We're not going to know what happened unless she posts about it and I doubt she will.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BringItOn said:

I agree. I'm baffled that people are still fixated on Dayton. She is not a DCC, not a former DCC, and is not trying out this year.

I’m guessing because her mom was on this forum all last summer maybe?  Maybe peeps feel like they “know” her.  This is why I’ll never be on a reality show. 

• Love 5
(edited)
8 hours ago, coffeemug230 said:

Dayton did post a picture that said "last time in my favorite port" on insta awhile ago

It was because the ship was heading to Europe. It had nothing to do with her contract being over. It’s her business why she is home but I think people are curious because she was so happy to get the opportunity on the ship. I wish her the best 

Edited by Cruisegirl
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Squeek said:

She posted this probably because the ship was moving to Europe which was in her contract. They were done with the Australia season. Her contract had she stayed would have gone to July or August. I don’t think people are fixated on her but just curious as she was so happy about working for the cruise line. I wish her the best in whatever path she chooses 

Edited by Cruisegirl
1 hour ago, Squeek said:

She was still under contract as I know a few on the cast still on the ship. They go on as a group and leave as a group. The ship is currently in Europe as it left Australia after that season ended. The reason for her departure can only be told by her as those on the ship are not talking,( which I agree with)  even though questions were asked. She could be injured, got into trouble or it just wasn’t for her and she broke her contract. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, HookEmHorns said:

On the topic of Gina, I honestly think a lot of us jumped to an extreme conclusion about her character based on one quick conversation. Maybe she was looking out for herself when she was first in TC, but it’s abundantly clear that isn’t the case anymore. She quickly corrected her behavior in TC and made friends. She seems to be invited to any social outing involving DCC girls, plus I don’t think there is a single teammate more supportive on social media. She is always commenting encouraging and uplifting things on not only her teammates’ posts but other women who’ve auditioned/are auditioning.

I think it’s time to give her a break and recognize what the entire organization clearly sees in her. I can’t imagine what it’s like to make a bad first impression under incredibly stressful circumstances and then have it branded on you by a loyal fan base for your entire career, despite your accomplishments and personal improvement. I’m Team Gina and I hope her hard work and talent is recognized. 

I've said this from the beginning, I think Gina is one of the most supportive girls on the team. I think she realized her attitude was coming off as entitled and worked to fix it. 

• Love 16
33 minutes ago, HookEmHorns said:

On the topic of Gina, I honestly think a lot of us jumped to an extreme conclusion about her character based on one quick conversation. Maybe she was looking out for herself when she was first in TC, but it’s abundantly clear that isn’t the case anymore. She quickly corrected her behavior in TC and made friends. She seems to be invited to any social outing involving DCC girls, plus I don’t think there is a single teammate more supportive on social media. She is always commenting encouraging and uplifting things on not only her teammates’ posts but other women who’ve auditioned/are auditioning.

I think it’s time to give her a break and recognize what the entire organization clearly sees in her. I can’t imagine what it’s like to make a bad first impression under incredibly stressful circumstances and then have it branded on you by a loyal fan base for your entire career, despite your accomplishments and personal improvement. I’m Team Gina and I hope her hard work and talent is recognized. 

I don't like her joker smile and facials.

I don't like her hair.

I don't like her baby voice.

I don't like her tangent dancing.

And she needs to eat a few sandwiches.

• LOL 5
  • Love 8