Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: The Rest Is Still Unwritten

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, Spike said:

He’s a telemarketer for one of those rip-off alternative energy companies and some sort of minister.  Double Hucksterism.

I'm never sure of those are fraudulent because I normally tell at them to get off my lawn before they can get a word out. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, ava111 said:

And regarding the "we have been in relationships for 4 years" she forgot that two of the same years she was in relationships with Jesse

Exactly!  If they were flirting all those 4 years, while she was with Jesse, that isn't a good thing.

2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I would have been pissed that I wasted the money on a rental.  After a long flight like that I'd want to take a shower, change, nap...this girl just set the tone for their whole relationship, he will be jumping thru hoops non stop at her request for the rest of his life.

I'd be ticked off, less about any sex and more about needing my own space.  I don't like staying at my own family's places that much, let alone people I don't know.

• Love 17
14 hours ago, magemaud said:

The picture I remember seeing was Tim as a scrawny teenager. Is it possible he was born female but had started identifying as male by then? 

The only thing that convinces me Tim is a male is his extremely deep voice. 

I think a former female that transitioned into being a man would act more masculine. 

I think Tim is just soft and weirdly shaped.  Maybe part gray alien idk. 

I also think he is the first person on the history of this franchise that became insecure once meeting his foreign fiancé in person, and the reality that he was points below her on the attractiveness scale hit him in the (giant) face. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 14
17 hours ago, blubld43 said:

Tom had a very good point: if everything is amazing, the best, none of it really means anything.

I just think the producers have told her to go at the topic of marriage constantly, surely no 40 something woman is this dumb.

I actually think Darcey is this dumb. And this desperate.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, lh25 said:

Exactly!  If they were flirting all those 4 years, while she was with Jesse, that isn't a good thing.

I'd be ticked off, less about any sex and more about needing my own space.  I don't like staying at my own family's places that much, let alone people I don't know.

Absolutely!  I even flinch at sharing a hotel room with good friends on a girls trip!

• Love 14

After seeing those pictures of Stacey's hot/hard body fiance Florian no wonder Darcey is competitive/desperate to have her own fiance for this season...albeit a pasty doughy one.

What Tom has going for him: he is wry and knowingly plays along with letting Darcey's lunacy play out....

He desperately wants  to be on American teevee....

Tom is a poor man's Colin Firth....

• Love 8

I think Tim may have been a little insecure about his breath while he was in the cab with what’s her ffface. The way he kept turning to the window when he answered her and putting his hand over his mouth when he talked was a clear indication. He just got off a long flight so it’s understandable that he wasn’t minty fresh. He should’ve bought some tic tacs or something before leaving the US. I always buy gum before I fly anyway so I can pop my ears. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

After seeing those pictures of Stacey's hot/hard body fiance Florian no wonder Darcey is competitive/desperate to have her own fiance for this season...albeit a pasty doughy one.

What Tom has going for him: he is wry and knowingly plays along with letting Darcey's lunacy play out....

since Stacey has the "hot" guy, Darcey is going for the suave sophisticated British guy. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 9/2/2019 at 6:50 PM, jaybird2 said:

it's embarrassing and painful to watch her.  she said last night that they have been communicating for 4 years.  how did jesse come into the equation?  didn't tom research darcy before having her come over?

So essentially Tom's been chasing Darcy for 4 years.. how does he NOT know that she's like this??? I know their conversations are surface but I swear she had the exact same conversations with Jesse when they first met in real life. 

And I don't get how Tom is such a playboy. Perhaps standards are lower in London? His looks are growing on me, mostly if he doesn't smile. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
44 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

since Stacey has the "hot" guy, Darcey is going for the suave sophisticated British guy. 

I think Darcey may have thought he was hot until she met him, when he appeared with sweaty hands, questionable choppers and sporting an animal on his head.  Then she had to start making excuses.  At this point, anything not hooked up to a respirator will do.   She’s always been a wingnut and this season she doesn’t disappoint.  

• LOL 15
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Kareem said:

I think Darcey may have thought he was hot until she met him, when he appeared with sweaty hands, questionable choppers and sporting an animal on his head.  Then she had to start making excuses.  At this point, anything not hooked up to a respirator will do.   She’s always been a wingnut and this season she doesn’t disappoint.  

that is hysterical but true. She has to show up with someone! 

• Love 2

Stacy has been able to keep a man for the past three years, something Darcey hasn’t managed to do.  Bet the competition is fierce.  

I always felt that Stacy was the softer, less dramatic, less of a showboat of the two.  Albania should be interesting...

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Kareem said:

Stacy has been able to keep a man for the past three years, something Darcey hasn’t managed to do.  Bet the competition is fierce.  

I always felt that Stacy was the softer, less dramatic, less of a showboat of the two.  Albania should be interesting...

Ooh!  Here's a thought.  A 90-day/Love after Lockup mashup!  Darcy finds a hot inmate that she can visit & talk sexy, and can "keep" as long as his sentence!  I'd watch that!

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

Putting on Darcey's rose colored glasses...

Tom, the out of shape, gnarly toothed Brit is transformed into...

007...Double O Seven....

but without the sexy rugged charm of Sean Connery, the athleticism of Daniel Craig, the quips of Roger Moore and of course the 007 that Tom's 20 year old catfish photo most resembles...Pierce Brosnan....

Darcey is the bigger fame ho than Stacey...who defers to Darcey.

Tom may be a bigger fame ho than Darcey...we shall see......

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Putting on Darcey's rose colored glasses...

Tom, the out of shape, gnarly toothed Brit is transformed into...

007...Double O Seven....

but without the sexy rugged charm of Sean Connery, the athleticism of Daniel Craig, the quips of Roger Moore and of course the 007 that Tom's 20 year old catfish photo most resembles...Pierce Brosnan....

All true. I give him points for his near zero tolerance of her histrionics tho. Her THs afterwards are often fascinating.    

• Love 7

Jesse used to seeth with anger and disgust when Darcey got ridiculous...then exploded...

Tom just waits for her to finish and doesn't react other than with Brit uneasiness and embarrassment from her sloppy displays of emotion.....

Tom is teevee tolerable and watchable...too bad he doesn't do any sit ups.....

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Jesse used to seeth with anger and disgust when Darcey got ridiculous...then exploded...

Tom just waits for her to finish and doesn't react other than with Brit uneasiness and embarrassment from her sloppy displays of emotion.....

Tom is teevee tolerable and watchable...too bad he doesn't do any sit ups.....

I'm starting to empathize with Jesse the more I see her on TV. She is annoying. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Kareem said:

Perhaps conditions are more desperate in Albania than Amsterdam or London.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Perhaps conditions are more desperate in Albania than Amsterdam or London.

Correction Nottingham lol.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Very much so. Darcey thinks she's going to do Stacy one better with her sophisticated, suave, debonair Brit. Except he's a pudgy, snaggletoothed, provincial weenie. But I bet American women squee with excitement and tell him that he looks like Colin Firth every day and twice on Sunday. 

3 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

So essentially Tom's been chasing Darcy for 4 years.. how does he NOT know that she's like this??? I know their conversations are surface but I swear she had the exact same conversations with Jesse when they first met in real life. 

And I don't get how Tom is such a playboy. Perhaps standards are lower in London? His looks are growing on me, mostly if he doesn't smile. 

Tom's a playboy like I'm a Tony award winning actress, a full professor of physics with tenure, and a cowgirl. His target audience seems to be desperate American divorcees or dippy girls from the country who think he's "sophisticated". I mean, did you see Darcey's look of admiration when he said "Bon appetit"? you could almost see the thought bubble over her head "he's so smooth! So continental! I believe that was French!". Sheesh.  

• LOL 11
  • Love 3

Darcey is so over the top grateful for Tom's crumbs of compliments(weeping while botoxed...trying to squeeze the tears out since those facial muscles are paralyzed) while she doles compliment after compliment out to Tom with a shovel.....he did say she was beautiful...and she believed him...

He is both suave and debonair....my ass.....

Those sneakers with the knee socks attached....thinking you aren't supposed to do any actual exercise in them., how do you air them out if your feet sweat....they remind me of wader boots....

• LOL 2
7 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

I think a former female that transitioned into being a man would act more masculine. 

I think Tim is just soft and weirdly shaped.  Maybe part gray alien idk. 

Yes, I agree. As I posted in the couples thread, I don't have vast knowledge, but the trans guys I know are pretty butch. I'd be likelier to buy that Tim is non-binary or gender non-conforming. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Darcy keeps making me sad when I watch her. Like, so sad I can't even snark. I think Tom would be a good partner for her, because he knows how to manage her. He tells her she is annoying without exploding on her. He can be honest and move on. I think Darcy seems like a really nice lady. Just very fragile and lost. 

Tim is a male version of Darcy. He and Jennifer have no chemistry. Does anyone else think American Psycho with his beauty routines?

I really wanted to like Rebecca at first, but she is another one who wants to play the victim. All of the signs that Zied isn't a good partner and as clear as day and she keeps pushing forward.  It sucks that her last husband was an asshole,  but don't expect the current guy to fix the past. 

I just don't know why these people look for love outside the country when there are plenty of people here with the bad qualities they like. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 16
On 9/3/2019 at 4:02 PM, SemiCharmedLife said:

I was wondering if it was just my poor vision or ????  I'm married to a Latino, and Cabron is not a nice word.  Funny name for a restaurant. 🤪

My guess is the restaurant would not allow its name to be used (not ALL PR is good PR) and so production had some fun with making up a new sign. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, lh25 said:

I will see you one more:  when we go to FL to visit the original OG Mrs Hanson we stay at a hotel.  We just like our own space and not having to go to bed at 10pm.  Same when she comes here:  "Here is the Fairfield Inn, room 123."   I want/need my space.  I would have flat out refused.  And if she pitched a fit?  One way back to Arizona and that sweet son.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, IllLitShips said:

I think Darcy seems like a really nice lady. Just very fragile and lost. 

I think that her being fragile and lost is a put on for any guy within range, she wants to be rescued by a knight on a white horse and sadly the guys she sets her sights on are not looking for a damsel in distress. 

Men like self assured, confident women and Darcey shows herself as a histrionic idiot that over exaggerates her relationships from the second she meets them. Harping on keeping her eye on the prize is not the way to go, the constant marriage comments would scare off any man.

Darcey wants to get married so badly she would marry Zied, Omar or even Paul if they asked.

• Love 10
17 hours ago, Kareem said:

Darcy's pissing contest with her sister over their menfolk isn't as enticing as the place that Tom was going to take her. Did anybody catch or remember what it was or has anybody been there? I can't believe she blew off a chance at a romantic getaway like that.

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, Lady Iris said:

Darcy's pissing contest with her sister over their menfolk isn't as enticing as the place that Tom was going to take her. Did anybody catch or remember what it was or has anybody been there? I can't believe she blew off a chance at a romantic getaway like that.

Because she needs to show off her suave Englishman. 

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, Lady Iris said:

He was going to take her to the Canary Islands. How that compares to Albania, I cannot say.  I suspect that Albania is rather nicer than people think.

• Love 3
On 9/4/2019 at 6:20 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Jihoon's puppy!!!  OMG.  I did chuckle to myself when he did not have a car seat but he did not forget about the dog carrier.  Deavan put the baby in the crib with a blanket and bumpers, my kids are 26 and 30 so it has been a while but I thought these days there is nothing in the crib but the baby, no blankets or bumpers.  Is housing crazy expensive in SK?  She keeps saying Jihoon has to get a house, why not an apartment?  I believe that Jihoon is not interested in leaving his parents home so he does not do anything to align himself to do so, I also believe that he has not held a job for an extended length of time.  Deaven did not get to know Jihoon, know's nothing of his personality or past which is a shame since she dragged her toddler in to that mess.

I was feeling claustrophobic just watching them navigate around each other in that tiny house.  And with all of the power cords hanging all over, I can see Dracula trying to swing from them and electrocuting herself.  Also, the baby will be grabbing for them in no time.

I cannot believe people still use crib bumpers - I have friends who decorate the cribs with them and I am like, hello did you not know that they are really unsafe???  If you absolutely need them (if your kid keeps getting his legs stuck in the crib slats), wrap them on the outside of the crib!  And the baby does not need blankets and pillows, just get a sleep sack.

Pole and Kriminy also have a lot of power cords hanging and dangling, what is up with that?

• Love 4
On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 3:08 PM, SemiCharmedLife said:

At least Caesar won't go hungry when his money runs out...

Maybe Caesar is angling to remake "Forgetting Sarah Marshall." There he is in a nice resort, moping around, eating dinner alone, swimming alone, sleeping alone...he is an aspiring actor.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

My guess is the restaurant would not allow its name to be used (not ALL PR is good PR) and so production had some fun with making up a new sign. 

Word in Spanish with many different meanings. The real meaning of "cabron" is the male goat.  But it has been adopted in slang as bastard, cuckold or dick.  

The old adage is: to put the horns on, or make a cuckold of. See Shakespeare. This refers specifically to a wife cheating on her husband. The hand gesture of this is using extended fingers to mimic horns on the forehead. The infamous "goat" sign. Cabron => goat => having the horns put on.

This applies also to poor soul Corey in Ecuador with "Evil"in.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 9:54 PM, Ijustwantsomechips said:

What the hell is up with Darcy’s makeup?  Has anyone else noticed her concealer color must be off, or she’s got some hellafied dark circles to cover.  The area under her eyes is green in the close up shots; like Jim-Carrey-as-the-Grinch-green!  

I'm no makeup expert, but people often use green tinted concealer to cancel out redness on their faces. Yellow is used to cancel out purple. Either way, sounds like Darcey did a crap job on her makeup.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Arthur Jury said:

Word in Spanish with many different meanings. The real meaning of "cabron" is the male goat.  But it has been adopted in slang as bastard, cuckold or dick.  

The old adage is: to put the horns on, or make a cuckold of. See Shakespeare. This refers specifically to a wife cheating on her husband. The hand gesture of this is using extended fingers to mimic horns on the forehead. The infamous "goat" sign. Cabron => goat => having the horns put on.

This applies also to poor soul Corey in Ecuador with "Evil"in.  

I thought that male friend of Corey told him that the townspeople did refer to him as Cabron and make horns with their fingers because Evelin was sleeping around on him.

• Love 3

I imagine Jihoon parents are sleeping like sardines on their tiny couch.

Everyone has to leave the apartment when someone needs to turn over in their sleep....

Dracilla's bedroom looks palatial compared to the shoebox that is houses Jihoon's parents, Jihoon, Taeyang, Deavon, 2 dogs...how the hell does the production crew squeeze in there?

They need the TLC money the most.....

• Love 4
On 9/1/2019 at 11:05 PM, HahYallDoin said:

Hi. I think a check on Ancestry.com will reveal we are identical twins. We must have been separated at birth! 

Those bolster pillows go in the closet too, the chairs and sofa get covered in top sheets and I leave a note each morning asking that Housekeeping only take away and replace the towels. I don’t want their grimy hands and disgusting dust cloth touching ANYTHING in the room during our stay. Because, let’s be honest...it took me the better part of an hour to sterilize the room and render it useful for me and my family. 😂

Uh, y’all, TRiPLETs.  I not only Lysol™️ the sh _ t   outta EVERYthing, but also, bring my own pillowcaseS, sheets sleeping jumpsuits with 'feet’ and hood attached so that we are virtually entirely covered... Needless to say, my family tolerates this- -uuum- -moderately well, shall i say.

Edited by BookElitist
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

I get a newspaper from the lobby and use the inner pages to act as a clean barrier for the the bedside tables and all the surfaces in the hotel room, to line the floor where I put my suitcase.

All the decorative pillows, runners go into the closet....ick...

I bring a plastic bag and twist tie for the remote...

Since I use AirBnBs now, I bring my own super thin towels.

I use the washer on the property to properly double wash the towels, pillowcases left by the host in super hot water and my Oxyclean powder detergent, drying on super hot settings before I use...

It is a sickness.....

• Love 1
On 9/3/2019 at 5:23 PM, RealReality said:

LOL, honestly I don't even really understand what chocolate drawers are for. 

I like to take it leisurely in life....I have my sex then eat my chocolate.  I can see no benefit in combining the two. 

Although I had a laugh when he said that "Maria likes them".....she really found an easy mark.  

In fairness to Ben, if I just arrived in a foreign country and was suddenly told that I wasn't going to the Airbnb I was told I was going to but was essentially being taken to stay with someone I never met before....and I was informed of all this while I'm in the car.....I'd be terrified that I was about to be kidnapped or that my kidneys were about to be stolen. 

I, for the life of me, don't understand why akiyini couldn't have said something before he got on the plane.  I also don't understand why, if the gift was that important, they couldn't just pick up some doodad around the airport?,

He flew thousands of miles to meet her....paid for an expensive plane ticket and was ready to pay for an Airbnb.  He is going to pay a bride price.....but not having a random chokski could show he doesn't care?

Good thing Benjamin's kidneys weren't stolen.  He is probably counting on selling one to pay the bride price. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I think that her being fragile and lost is a put on for any guy within range, she wants to be rescued by a knight on a white horse and sadly the guys she sets her sights on are not looking for a damsel in distress. 

Men like self assured, confident women and Darcey shows herself as a histrionic idiot that over exaggerates her relationships from the second she meets them. Harping on keeping her eye on the prize is not the way to go, the constant marriage comments would scare off any man.

Darcey wants to get married so badly she would marry Zied, Omar or even Paul if they asked.

And that is what I think is sad. The desperation. Zied would definitely be her type. She might actually really like him. He only knows how to express jealousy and give compliments. I still don't think Omar is a bad guy and Paul is too poor.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, cherenkov said:

The prison probably won't let them film there.

I was thinking that Angela will still be chasing Michael 18 months from now when he predator daughter gets out.  

But, now that you mention it, I wouldn't rule out them filming a meeting on visiting day, if the prison allows it.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, IllLitShips said:

I still don't think Omar is a bad guy and Paul is too poor batshit crazy.

There. I fixed that for you!

2 hours ago, IllLitShips said:

Zied would definitely be her type. She might actually really like him. He only knows how to express jealousy and give compliments.

This reminds me...I always think it's so bizarre that these couples think they have any connection at all! Zied can barely understand the gist of what Rebecca is saying anytime she opens her pie hole to talk, and he always has this look on his face like in his head she's the adult in a Charlie Brown show saying, "wha WHA wah wah wah Wah..." Then he just parrots back the last words she has spoken. She seems placated and voila, success! The Tunisian Loverat Express is back on track. So very weird.

I agree with some of y'all that Pole could easily find some crazy bitch here in the USA, he didn't need to go to Brazil for that.

Edited by gingerella
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
On 8/27/2019 at 7:04 PM, sagittarius sue said:

From what I've seen so far of this episode, I think Omar is frauding Avery, in the fact that he hasn't arranged the religious procedures needed for such a quick wedding.  I'm starting to think that he was merely checking her out during this Lebanon visit, perhaps for a wedding in the future.  I don't think he's convinced that he wants to ally himself with her family.

Anyone familiar with body language? Omar bent & tucked his head/neck in such a strange angle both times when he talked Avery alone. First in his hotel room, and when she started getting excited about the missing wedding details, he quickly asked "why you screaming?" Then at lunch his neck/head were again twisted, probably asking himself  "wth have I gotten myself into? This chick is a foolish ignorant twat." 

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Gobi said:

He was going to take her to the Canary Islands. How that compares to Albania, I cannot say.  I suspect that Albania is rather nicer than people think.

Personally I prefer Albania. But it was incredibly rude to do that to Tom.

Darcey doesn't care who the man is, she just wants a proposal. I think a proposal symbolizes stability or something to her. "Keep your eyes on the prize"-the prize being the proposal. NOTHING else about the relationship matters; dating is just a means to the end for her. The "prize" should be their journey, the experiences they share, getting to know each other, falling in love...but it's not for her. The only thing she cares about is the proposal. She seems to view it, and nothing else, as proof that someone loves her. Maybe she has some abandonment issues and sees a proposal as locking him in, making it harder for him to leave her.

Homegirl is on the wrong show. She should have been on Married at First Sight.

• Love 11