Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: The Rest Is Still Unwritten

• Start Topic

I won't spoil, but DO want to say that there HAS to be a good deal of production and editing shenanigans going on here in full force because I refuse to believe that some of these people would be acting this way otherwise. 

• Love 17
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I won't spoil, but DO want to say that there HAS to be a good deal of production and editing shenanigans going on here in full force because I refuse to believe that some of these people would be acting this way otherwise. 

I agree. I think they went full blown batshit crazy overboard with Caesar's story in this episode. Overkill. Calm down, Production. 

• Love 12
16 minutes ago, Hannah94 said:

I agree. I think they went full blown batshit crazy overboard with Caesar's story in this episode. Overkill. Calm down, Production. 

There's spoilerish info out there on the web about Caesar and his story. Now I'm less pissed at him and more pissed at the show. I NEED these people to be real trainwrecks for my own enjoyment. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 8
16 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

Me too! I'm not going to be happy until Caesar is living in a refrigerator box under an overpass.

Even the total strangers in the preview knew he was being catfished.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, charmed1 said:

Well Game of Thrones fans will be relieved to know that The Mountain didn’t perish in Kings Landing afterall. He’s a bouncer at Zied’s Hookah Hut Emporium. I’m not sure why Rebecca thought repeatedly screaming “Look at me!” was going to calm Zied down. Looking at her was why he was all pissed off.

Boy he sucks on that hookah like an infant on a teat.

• LOL 16
  • Love 6

From what I've seen so far of this episode, I think Omar is frauding Avery, in the fact that he hasn't arranged the religious procedures needed for such a quick wedding.  I'm starting to think that he was merely checking her out during this Lebanon visit, perhaps for a wedding in the future.  I don't think he's convinced that he wants to ally himself with her family.

• Useful 9
  • Love 14

I don't think there ever was a planned trip to Grand Canaria for Darcy and Tom. I think the plan was always going to Albania and the two of them were just playing along about canceling the trip. 

I could see that.  Can we meet the rich cousin?  LOL, if he is single Darcy can make like a barnacle and try to attach herself to him.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, RealReality said:

I could see that.  Can we meet the rich cousin?  LOL, if he is single Darcy can make like a barnacle and try to attach herself to him.  

Heck, if he's single then I might just attach myself to him. My husband and I were just saying the other day that we need a wealthy wife/husband to take care of us. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, MISTIE said:

Sorry to burst your bubble, Caesar, but were a woman truly interested in you, she would have made a real effort to see you during the FIVE YEARS you've been "communicating."

The dude at the resort pool has more insight into your non-relationship within just a few minutes than you will ever have.

At this point his naivete is so pronounced that it borders on lunacy and I refuse to believe it. He's gone way past delusional. 

• Love 17
14 minutes ago, JennyMominFL said:

The people at the pool were plants. Clearly

If Im not in the live chat Sunday its because of that damned asshole Dorian. Hes coming right for me in East Orlandl

Be safe Jenny! Watching it closely here in Panama city.......

• Love 8

At this point his naivete is so pronounced that it borders on lunacy and I refuse to believe it. He's gone way past delusional. 

It seems as if this guy isn't right in the head.  He apparently works hard and is well-liked at his job.  He has friends.  What the hell is wrong with him?

I'm left with two possibilities:  either he really is mentally ill or extremely stupid, or he's playing us, like so many of these guys do.  But if he's playing us, he still is giving that blank stare and refusing to elaborate on his situation ("I just hope..."  "I have to believe..." ad nauseum), so I think it's entirely possible that he's really, really stupid and at the same time trying to play us.  He has spent all his money, and then some, on this woman (who may or may not exist) and has had pointed out to him by his friends and by strangers that he's being really really foolish, but nothing seems to get through to him.  How is it that someone that dense and foolish has managed to live on his own, hold down a job (which he's apparently good at), and function as an adult?  This whole deal stinks.  I think maybe he's playing us but is not quite as stupid as I think he is; I think maybe he thinks *we're* a whole lot more stupider than we think we are.  Maybe he's just stupid enough to think he's doing a real good job of fooling us.

And what is his end game?  Is he expecting to be featured on upcoming seasons, or to get his own show?

I wish Maria--a *real* Maria--would show up and spend a couple of hot nights with old Caesar, then tell him he's not her type, and fly back to Ukraine, having stolen his wallet.

• LOL 7
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, MISTIE said:

The dude at the resort pool has more insight into your non-relationship within just a few minutes than you will ever have.

When those folks said they were from Iowa, I was like, "they are gonna call him on his shit" because we midwesterners can smell cow poop when we see it, and Maria is full of cow poop.  "I can't believe they think I am being catfished!"  Caesar, EVERYONE thinks that!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 21
13 minutes ago, Mothra said:

It seems as if this guy isn't right in the head.  He apparently works hard and is well-liked at his job.  He has friends.  What the hell is wrong with him?

I'm left with two possibilities:  either he really is mentally ill or extremely stupid, or he's playing us, like so many of these guys do.  But if he's playing us, he still is giving that blank stare and refusing to elaborate on his situation ("I just hope..."  "I have to believe..." ad nauseum), so I think it's entirely possible that he's really, really stupid and at the same time trying to play us.  He has spent all his money, and then some, on this woman (who may or may not exist) and has had pointed out to him by his friends and by strangers that he's being really really foolish, but nothing seems to get through to him.  How is it that someone that dense and foolish has managed to live on his own, hold down a job (which he's apparently good at), and function as an adult?  This whole deal stinks.  I think maybe he's playing us but is not quite as stupid as I think he is; I think maybe he thinks *we're* a whole lot more stupider than we think we are.  Maybe he's just stupid enough to think he's doing a real good job of fooling us.

And what is his end game?  Is he expecting to be featured on upcoming seasons, or to get his own show?

I wish Maria--a *real* Maria--would show up and spend a couple of hot nights with old Caesar, then tell him he's not her type, and fly back to Ukraine, having stolen his wallet.

Yeah, I don't think the two have to be mutually exclusive-I think he really IS kinda stupid and he's also playing us. Even if he's just recreating scenes, I do believe those situations actually happened to him. 

IF he truly was delusional enough to think Maria was going to show up and that she was madly in love with him, then what Sharp and TLC did was unethical at best. Encouraging this behavior and even rewarding it with payment.  I would seriously question his personal safety if this situation is playing out as is because if Maria didn't show up, I could see him becoming suicidal and that's not cool. My guess, though, it that at least some of it is fiction. 

• Love 14

It occurs to me that for many of these women (Tiffany, GothGirl, Careening, Colombian Mom), the only thing they have to offer is a uterus, so they engineer a pregnancy.

Pole obviously needs to just go home. He just hammers away at Careening doing her phone sex, and geez, what is she supposed to do? Has to find money somehow. His ordering her to come here, come here, COMEHERE, is just terrifying. She's not a dog, dude. Careenings parents seem very solid but this whole story is disturbing, and what will become of that baby? His insistence that SHE left HIM alone is, whaaaaat? He's now had years to learn Portuguese and should be able to get around.

• Love 14
On 8/27/2019 at 12:04 PM, Lady Iris said:

I felt rage towards Rebecca in this ep. Zed wasn't trying to control her with what she wears but rather get her to understand that its not proper to wear tattoos out loud and proud in his country. What a friggin tool. Have a bit of common sense and go with the flow so you don't make a spectacle of you and Greasy Head Zed.

He had already told her that he didn't have any problem with her wearing that in America so it was annoying to hear her voicing concern that he would try to tell her what to wear in the U.S. like her ex had. Of course, there's no telling when her TH was filmed in relation to what happened at the bar so I need to remember the editing tricks of reality TV!

• Love 7
5 hours ago, JennyMominFL said:

The people at the pool were plants. Clearly

If Im not in the live chat Sunday its because of that damned asshole Dorian. Hes coming right for me in East Orlando

😤 I smashed too many buttons that this emoji happened.  

Anyways....fingers crossed....good luck!,

12 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Yeah, I don't think the two have to be mutually exclusive-I think he really IS kinda stupid and he's also playing us. Even if he's just recreating scenes, I do believe those situations actually happened to him. 

IF he truly was delusional enough to think Maria was going to show up and that she was madly in love with him, then what Sharp and TLC did was unethical at best. Encouraging this behavior and even rewarding it with payment.  I would seriously question his personal safety if this situation is playing out as is because if Maria didn't show up, I could see him becoming suicidal and that's not cool. My guess, though, it that at least some of it is fiction. 

Yes, you're right, especially about the ethics of this situation if Caesar is truly mentally ill or intellectually challenged.  I keep kicking myself, though, for being sucked into these stories *as if they were real* every damn time.  I get myself all worked up, trying to understand why in the hell somebody would act the way these guys do, and then--usually in the middle of a sound sleep--I suddenly remind myself that *none* of these stories is what they are made to seem to be, and I think it has always been thus, except maybe for the first season.

Caesar probably is thinking what a sly dog he is, stringing us all along.  I do believe he is not nearly as smart or as skilled an actor as he thinks he is; you can practically see him looking for cues from the crew behind the camera--"how'm I doing?"  No one, maybe especially a person with challenges, would remain so placid and smiley  after so many disappointments.  No sane or insane person imho would continue to buy the hogwash we're meant to think "Maria" is feeding him.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Mothra said:

Yes, you're right, especially about the ethics of this situation if Caesar is truly mentally ill or intellectually challenged.  I keep kicking myself, though, for being sucked into these stories *as if they were real* every damn time.  I get myself all worked up, trying to understand why in the hell somebody would act the way these guys do, and then--usually in the middle of a sound sleep--I suddenly remind myself that *none* of these stories is what they are made to seem to be, and I think it has always been thus, except maybe for the first season.

Caesar probably is thinking what a sly dog he is, stringing us all along.  I do believe he is not nearly as smart or as skilled an actor as he thinks he is; you can practically see him looking for cues from the crew behind the camera--"how'm I doing?"  No one, maybe especially a person with challenges, would remain so placid and smiley  after so many disappointments.  No sane or insane person imho would continue to buy the hogwash we're meant to think "Maria" is feeding him.

I agree - I think he is a bad actor trying to land an acting gig through this.  Who knows if he really sent all the money he says he sent?

11 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

He had already told her that he didn't have any problem with her wearing that in America so it was annoying to hear her voicing concern that he would try to tell her what to wear in the U.S. like her ex had. Of course, there's no telling when her TH was filmed in relation to what happened at the bar so I need to remember the editing tricks of reality TV!

She was waaaaay overboard and out of line.  I am NOT defending her thinking or actions, so please no throwing tomatoes, but:  Rebecca is doing what MANY people do when they have been in a relationship that ended and that is whatever annoyed you and when that same behavior flares up in New Partner, you get highly agitated and annoyed.  That is kinda normal.  Where Rebecca went wildly off course is she went from the frying pan right back into the fire.  She has hubby #3 in Zied and she can't see it!!!!  He has TOLD her, straight up: "I am jealous and controlling" and she ponders, "I wonder if he is jealous and controlling?"  Then he says he would have no problem wearing that shirt (that did her zero favors, btw) in America and then she starts in with "Well are you going to control me in AMERICA?"

And a big thank you to whoever said, upthread, that she treats him like a child.  

• Love 20
4 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I agree - I think he is a bad actor trying to land an acting gig through this.  Who knows if he really sent all the money he says he sent?

She was waaaaay overboard and out of line.  I am NOT defending her thinking or actions, so please no throwing tomatoes, but:  Rebecca is doing what MANY people do when they have been in a relationship that ended and that is whatever annoyed you and when that same behavior flares up in New Partner, you get highly agitated and annoyed.  That is kinda normal.  Where Rebecca went wildly off course is she went from the frying pan right back into the fire.  She has hubby #3 in Zied and she can't see it!!!!  He has TOLD her, straight up: "I am jealous and controlling" and she ponders, "I wonder if he is jealous and controlling?"  Then he says he would have no problem wearing that shirt (that did her zero favors, btw) in America and then she starts in with "Well are you going to control me in AMERICA?"

And a big thank you to whoever said, upthread, that she treats him like a child.  

Right??

I think one of the qualifications to get on 90DF must be an innate ability to ignore fields of red flags......IMO The only ones here who might actually be a couple are Ben and Akinyi, something about their happiness when they met felt genuine. Maybe Omar and Avery as well, I'll be interested in seeing how their story plays out.

• Love 7
23 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I was thinking maybe he thought the lure of the cameras would finally get her to show up...because he's a delusional assclown.  

I'm sure production sent that random family over there so he could tell them all about the love of his life for five years that he's never even face timed with much less met in person.  I'm sure production knew those people were going to laugh their asses off at him.  

That family probably thought they were being punked.

Well, it is TLC, so they weren't far off.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I’m sure production sent that random family over there so he could tell them all about the love of his life for five years that he's never even face timed with much less met in person.  I'm sure production knew those people were going to laugh their asses off at him.  

Caesar to Iowa Family, “Hi, I see you’re doing shots. Mind if I join you? Oh, pay no attention to the camera crew following me around. Just sign this release and we’re good to go.” 

• LOL 18
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, blubld43 said:

Right??

I think one of the qualifications to get on 90DF must be an innate ability to ignore fields of red flags......IMO The only ones here who might actually be a couple are Ben and Akinyi, something about their happiness when they met felt genuine. Maybe Omar and Avery as well, I'll be interested in seeing how their story plays out.

I have put it up in other threads but now I feel compelled to place this here:

90 Day scarf.jpg

• LOL 19

What the hell is up with Darcy’s makeup?  Has anyone else noticed her concealer color must be off, or she’s got some hellafied dark circles to cover.  The area under her eyes is green in the close up shots; like Jim-Carrey-as-the-Grinch-green!  She’s buying $1200 Chrissy Lou boots, but can’t spend $35 at the Lancome counter for a good concealer?  Tha fuck outta here man...

So all Omar had to do was get a sheik and a venue to get married snd he couldn’t even do that?  You had one job Sam!

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • LOL 9
  • Love 8
On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 9:44 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

When those folks said they were from Iowa, I was like, "they are gonna call him on his shit" because we midwesterners can smell cow poop when we see it, and Maria is full of cow poop.  "I can't believe they think I am being catfished!"  Caesar, EVERYONE thinks that!!

Catfished and FRAUDED the sad fool.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Darcy had yellow eye bags.

Tom is unattractive, uncoordinated, uncool.  I was embarrassed watching him cricket.  And his ass.  Oh lord.

I must be the only person who is squoinked at putting dirty luggage on a clean hotel bed.  This happens in all of these shows.  Filth y’all!

Letting a hotel comforter touch your body is like jumping in Amazonian poop water.  

I should have more of a problem letting my clothes sit on the comforter....I remember when they did those blacklight in a hotel room news stories .....people get super nasty on hotel comforters. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
On 8/27/2019 at 8:04 PM, sagittarius sue said:

From what I've seen so far of this episode, I think Omar is frauding Avery, in the fact that he hasn't arranged the religious procedures needed for such a quick wedding.  I'm starting to think that he was merely checking her out during this Lebanon visit, perhaps for a wedding in the future.  I don't think he's convinced that he wants to ally himself with her family.

My thoughts exactly. Avery is the one who is hot to get married. My guess is 6 months of celibacy was too much for her. The way she flounced in to her mom with that bitchy look. “Omar didn’t do anything I told him to do, I gave him all the information” sounds like it was her idea to get hitched and she did all the leg work. Suddenly its Mommy to the rescue to get her daughter married? Omar is not going to like 2 pushy, non subservient women. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14
On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 5:07 PM, blubld43 said:

The other qualification is the ability to identify goats while driving in a car.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Kangatush said:

The other qualification is the ability to identify goats while driving in a car.

....or the willingness to call anything a goat to get out of a conversation.

18 minutes ago, HappyDancex2 said:

PREACH.

The comforter that gets washed once a week is a solid pass.  Even at high end hotels they put out that runner at the bottom supposedly for people who lie with their shoes on the bed.  That thing can go in the closet and stay there thanks, Housekeeping.  I can’t even tell you how much suspended belief I have to have (alcohol) to ignore the soft surface couches and chairs as fluid dens.  

And if y’all think we are crazzzzzuh do yourselves a favor and Lysol the hotel remote and don’t use the bathroom glasses LOL.

and yet I’d swim in the Amazon without a body condom so go figure....at least I won’t set your house on fire or run like my pelvis was installed upside down.

LOL, I worked front desk at a fairly high end hotel while I was in college.  You are soooooo right about the hotel glasses....I was scandalized!!!

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 8/31/2019 at 1:05 AM, HappyDancex2 said:

I must be the only person who is squoinked at putting dirty luggage on a clean hotel bed.  This happens in all of these shows.  Filth y’all!

You are definitely not the only one. I saw that and said to Doggy Anxiety, “Yuck!”  I’m a person who checks the bed bug registry before I book a room anywhere, so maybe I’m over reactive.

• Love 6
48 minutes ago, HappyDancex2 said:

And if y’all think we are crazzzzzuh do yourselves a favor and Lysol the hotel remote and don’t use the

Lysol ALL doorknobs, light switches and phone as well. If flying, wipe down your arm rests, tray table, seat belt lock, window shade, air streamer, flat screen in front of you. When I was sick years ago and my resistance was low, my nurses gave me instructions that have made me forever obsessed.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

Are the episode numbers different here than on TLC? My guide says this is episode 5. I had a hell of a time finding the right thread. 

Darcy says she starting to feel insecure?!?! Bwaaaahahaha the understatement of the millennium. 

Avery’s mom, who claims to not be on board with her marrying Omar, is sure trying her damnedest to facilitate the wedding. I guess Omar is just that charming. One dinner and mom is swept off her feet too. 

I’m getting pretty fucking sick and tired of listening to Angela complaining about Mahkul’s lying. Shit or get off the pot Angela!

Timothy better stop posting pics & talking to his ex. Jennifer will cut a bitch! It may all be moot as I have a really, really hard time believing he is man enough for her. His nails!!!

Edited by nytonc
  • Love 16
On 8/27/2019 at 12:39 AM, magemaud said:

I know we only saw half of the episode, but I noticed neither Darcey nor Tom uttered the dreaded "J' word. 

True. But It hangs in the air all around them, much like the over powering odor of Angel. 

• LOL 4