Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: The Rest Is Still Unwritten

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, BravoAddict72 said:

I have so many questions about Tim. Why were his armpits shaved last night? Even my husband noticed that. And the fact he wouldn't look at her in the backseat of the car. He is not my type at all, but I thonk he is scared of women.

In his defense that backseat looked uncomfortable as hell.  I was feeling claustrophobic just watching the scene. 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

At least Caesar won't go hungry when his money runs out...

Chocolate panties, it's what's for dinner.

29 minutes ago, RealReality said:

In his defense that backseat looked uncomfortable as hell.  I was feeling claustrophobic just watching the scene. 

I thought he might be trying not to come off as a creep by staring at her. Seems that's what Jennnifffer wanted, though. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, BravoAddict72 said:

I have so many questions about Tim. Why were his armpits shaved last night? Even my husband noticed that. And the fact he wouldn't look at her in the backseat of the car. He is not my type at all, but I thonk he is scared of women.

It was weird and uncomfortable. I would have gotten the vibe he was so repulsed he won't look at me. I think he saw she is gorgeous and couldn't look at her because she would be repulsed. 

I still get the vibe that he was born female. I have never seen such a metrosexual guy like him. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

It was weird and uncomfortable. I would have gotten the vibe he was so repulsed he won't look at me. I think he saw she is gorgeous and couldn't look at her because she would be repulsed. 

He does look like a cross between one of those troll dolls and a billy goat.  But she has a horse face, so at least they have a barnyard connection.

• LOL 18
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Spike said:

He does look like a cross between one of those troll dolls and a billy goat.  But she has a horse face, so at least they have a barnyard connection.

I still get the vibe that he was born female. I have never seen such a metrosexual guy like him. I'm probably wrong. 

• Love 4
On 9/2/2019 at 11:19 AM, gingerella said:

I enjoyed Tom taking DUHrcy to task about everything being AMAZING and MAGNIFICENT and all the BS adjectives she spews on the daily! I also thought it was sad that even when someone is being INCREDIBLY DIRECT about that shit, she CONTINUES to do it! I can't figure out if she's intellectually an idiot and just plain stupid, or if she's got a mental problem. I know, I know, it's both, right?

I remember back when Darcy first met Jesse way back when, he commented about how Americans describe everything with superlatives and speak about everything to the extreme.  This was when having dinner with Darcy for the first time.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Jeniffffer and Tim went to a restaurant called "Cabron."  Isn't that the Spanish word for dumbass??  

I was wondering if it was just my poor vision or ????  I'm married to a Latino, and Cabron is not a nice word.  Funny name for a restaurant. 🤪

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I was wondering if it was just my poor vision or ????  I'm married to a Latino, and Cabron is not a nice word.  Funny name for a restaurant. 🤪

I missed it and no its not a word I would name a restaurant! 

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I still get the vibe that he was born female.

I don't think that's the case...unless his parents and doctors didn't figure it out.  There were pictures of him as a little kid early on.  He's just a sad/odd case ... in every aspect.

1 hour ago, Gobi said:

Chocolate panties, it's what's for dinner.

Poor guy.  Does he even know what they're for?  Although...maybe they did have some "sexy-sexy" talk.   Still, poor, pathetic, sad, BROKE schmoe.

• Love 5

I just remembered another thing that bothered me about Darcy (there are so many) - when Tom handed her the wine glass, she took it, and started to sip but made sure she was batting her eyelashes at him WHILE drinking.  This seemed to be deliberate, like she had a scene in her head and she had to make it just so.  She must have read somewhere (Cosmo? I don't know) that men like it when you look at them while you drink your wine.  I am trying to imagine doing this for my husband and him wondering what is wrong with me.  It is so weird!

• LOL 16
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, GoGamecox said:

In addition to some self help books and some counseling, Darcy would benefit big time with one of those makeunders. Calm down with the hair extensions, wear some 2-3 inch heels here and there, back off the fillers, etc. Less is more! 

Ya know...she's such a famewhore and so NEEDY when it comes to reality TV, if someone pitches a series to her, STARRING only her, she might go for it.  Every week, a different "celebrity" (aka another famewhore) could change her hair, her make-up, her outlook/personality, wardrobe, etc.  Fans could vote on the look(s).

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, HaaCHOO said:

Ya know...she's such a famewhore and so NEEDY when it comes to reality TV, if someone pitches a series to her, STARRING only her, she might go for it.  Every week, a different "celebrity" (aka another famewhore) could change her hair, her make-up, her outlook/personality, wardrobe, etc.  Fans could vote on the look(s).

I would watch this and vote

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 9/2/2019 at 4:33 PM, Mothra said:

I get that he was blind-sided by being taken to the brother's home instead of the Airb&b, but wouldn't a normal person tell the brother and his wife how nice their home was, how comfortable his room looked, how kind it was of them to put him up?

He seems like the kind of polite and mild guy who would do that.  WHY would TLC allow that sort of thing on camera?  Not "good TV."

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, GoGamecox said:

This and @Cammi's posts are RIGHT ON. She sees herself as having tremendous worth as a sex object and that drives her whole existence. She thinks her hotness alone is enough to attract an amazing, good looking, sweet, supportive, rich, International boyfriend/husband. She doesn't think about how to better herself in ways other than her physical health. Her emotional neediness sucks the air out of a room. 

You know that is interesting, when people tell her (or anyone) to improve themselves, Darcy naturally thinks of another tuck or more fillers.   😮

Edited by MajorNelson
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Poor guy.  Does he even know what they're for?  Although...maybe they did have some "sexy-sexy" talk.   Still, poor, pathetic, sad, BROKE schmoe.

LOL, honestly I don't even really understand what chocolate drawers are for. 

I like to take it leisurely in life....I have my sex then eat my chocolate.  I can see no benefit in combining the two. 

Although I had a laugh when he said that "Maria likes them".....she really found an easy mark.  

2 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

He seems like the kind of polite and mild guy who would do that.  WHY would TLC allow that sort of thing on camera.  Not "good TV."

In fairness to Ben, if I just arrived in a foreign country and was suddenly told that I wasn't going to the Airbnb I was told I was going to but was essentially being taken to stay with someone I never met before....and I was informed of all this while I'm in the car.....I'd be terrified that I was about to be kidnapped or that my kidneys were about to be stolen. 

I, for the life of me, don't understand why akiyini couldn't have said something before he got on the plane.  I also don't understand why, if the gift was that important, they couldn't just pick up some doodad around the airport?,

He flew thousands of miles to meet her....paid for an expensive plane ticket and was ready to pay for an Airbnb.  He is going to pay a bride price.....but not having a random chokski could show he doesn't care?

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 1
  • Love 19
57 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Every week, they would remove a piece of scandalous clothing or  over the top wig(s) and makeup.  Great!  Except, they can't get back Darcy from 20 years ago, and I wouldn't bother watching in any case.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, RealReality said:

In fairness to Ben, if I just arrived in a foreign country and was suddenly told that I wasn't going to the Airbnb I was told I was going to but was essentially being taken to stay with someone I never met before..

I suspect they pocketed the money he sent to cover the Air BnB and then cooked up the story that her brother needed to observe him as a cover.

• Useful 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

This seemed to be deliberate, like she had a scene in her head and she had to make it just so.

That seems to be her default.  All the "it's amazing" and "It's just like a fairy tale" comments to pretty basic day-to-day stuff.

• Love 9

Tom had a very good point: if everything is amazing, the best, none of it really means anything.

I just think the producers have told her to go at the topic of marriage constantly, surely no 40 something woman is this dumb.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

I like to take it leisurely in life....I have my sex then eat my chocolate.  I can see not benefit in combining the two. 

Gotta say I agree with you 100%.  But I am like that with a lot of things:  I like coffee, I like ice cream, but not chocolate flavored ice cream!!

In fairness to Ben, if I just arrived in a foreign country and was suddenly told that I wasn't going to the Airbnb I was told I was going to but was essentially being taken to stay with someone I never met before....and I was informed of all this while I'm in the car.....I'd be terrified that I was about to be kidnapped or that my kidneys were about to be stolen. 

I, for the life of me, don't understand why akiyini couldn't have said something before he got on the plane.  I also don't understand why, if the gift was that important, they couldn't just pick up some doodad around the airport?,

He flew thousands of miles to meet her....paid for an expensive plane ticket and was ready to pay for an Airbnb.  He is going to pay a bride price.....but not having a random chokski could show he doesn't care?

I kinda thought that, too.  "No, I paid for an AirBandB, your brother can come and meet me at my choosing.    I am not staying at your house FOR A WEEK of you semi-threatening me, telling me I have to step up or be a man or whatever."

• Love 17

LOL, honestly I don't even really understand what chocolate drawers are for. 

I like to take it leisurely in life....I have my sex then eat my chocolate.  I can see not benefit in combining the two. 

Although I had a laugh when he said that "Maria likes them".....she really found an easy mark.  

He thought he would be in her pants for those few days before meeting her family.  But she’s not giving it up til the deal is done with the bride price. The brother and Akini figure he’ll be so hot for her, he’ll pay a nice sum as the bride price. He spent all that money to get there, he wants a taste of that chocolate.  Note the  hard-on he had when meeting her.  

• Love 2
Just now, iwasish said:

He thought he would be in her pants for those few days before meeting her family.  But she’s not giving it up til the deal is done with the bride price. The brother and Akini figure he’ll be so hot for her, he’ll pay a nice sum as the bride price. He spent all that money to get there, he wants a taste of that chocolate.  Note the  hard-on he had when meeting her.  

LOL, i didn't see it but they seemed....fond (?) of each other so I don't doubt that little Ben made himself known.  

I feel like she could have not given it up AND he could have stayed at the Airbnb.  I get that it's the culture, she just maybe should have given him a heads up.  He is clearly sprung on her, he spent what little money he had on a plane ticket and accomodations, I don't think he would have turned back over being denied immediate sex. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, iwasish said:

The last place I would look on screen is at Ben’s crotch.

• LOL 12
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Caesar will probably have some unused chocolate he can share with Benjamin.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, the-grey-lady said:

Darcey: I feel like a woman for the first time.

Me: What did you feel like before? A lemur? A black bear cub? A bald eagle?

This made me laugh indecently loudly. 

Many women feel very womanly when they are pregnant, for example. Darcy's popped out two babies and it was probably like making toast or something. 

57 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

Tom had a very good point: if everything is amazing, the best, none of it really means anything.

Like Browning's "My Last Duchess"! 

"She had 

A heart—how shall I say?— too soon made glad, 

Too easily impressed; she liked whate’er 

She looked on, and her looks went everywhere."

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Many women feel very womanly when they are pregnant, for example. Darcy's popped out two babies and it was probably like making Princess toast or something.

FTFY.

• LOL 6

The cliched shit that comes out of Darcey's mouth is so laughable...

"I feel like a woman for the first time" sounds like she read it in a paperback romance novel....

Doubt she can feel anything down her hallway.....

Tom gets to enter her exit chute....

Tom has a womanly pear shape that is so unattractive in pasty men...Jesse was a nasty  jerk but he was chiseled....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I kinda thought that, too.  "No, I paid for an AirBandB, your brother can come and meet me at my choosing.    I am not staying at your house FOR A WEEK of you semi-threatening me, telling me I have to step up or be a man or whatever."

None of this is in The Book of Wimp Dialogues.

2 hours ago, iwasish said:

So far Tom has gotten a bloody nose and a twisted ankle while In bed with Darcy.

Not sure what to make of this.

Neither is Tom.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, gingerella said:

Seriously! I"m always gobsmacked by that hairline he's got going on...it's so...distracting and weird!

He's a strange guy IMO, another one I'm already side eyeing because of his stated poverty, and a young child.

Edited by blubld43
4 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

I don't think that's the case...unless his parents and doctors didn't figure it out.  There were pictures of him as a little kid early on.  He's just a sad/odd case ... in every aspect.

The picture I remember seeing was Tim as a scrawny teenager. Is it possible he was born female but had started identifying as male by then? 

The only thing that convinces me Tim is a male is his extremely deep voice. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 5
56 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

He's a strange guy IMO, another one I'm already side eyeing because of his stated poverty, and a young child.

He’s a telemarketer for one of those rip-off alternative energy companies and some sort of minister.  Double Hucksterism.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Tim confounds me.

Is he on hormone therapy to give him a booming voice but made his head too big to be supported on his pencil neck and  bird like shoulders?

His Captain Kangaroo suit jackets are too cartoonish and he looks like he shops in the petite women’s department.

Jennifer looks like the Joker’s sister with the weird way the corners of her smile goes beyond normal....was her face mutilated and sliced, too?

• LOL 11
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

Darcey: I feel like a woman for the first time.

Me: What did you feel like before? A lemur? A black bear cub? A bald eagle?

Every time Darcy said “he made me feel like a woman for the first time!” my immediate thought was that she was talking about getting her first period.

• LOL 13
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, PityFree said:

Every time Darcy said “he made me feel like a woman for the first time!” my immediate thought was that she was talking about getting her first period.

Coming soon to a bookstore near you,”Hello God, It’s me, Darcy...”

• LOL 18
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

I would prefer different show: Desperate for Dick - Around the world with Darcey. 

And regarding the "we have been in relationships for 4 years" she forgot that two of the same years she was in relationships with Jesse. Now she conveniently rewrites the past. Or she was cheating on Tom with Jesse... I wonder if she has a plan C on back burner who gets to hear all about Tom not wanting to have sex with her and being too gentlemanly. And not giving her the ring even though she makes marriage remarks every 10 minutes. 

I think the yellow around her eyes could be bruising from fillers and botox she got too close go the UK trip. It's also on her temple.

Edited by ava111
Grammar
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, RealReality said:

he spent what little money he had on a plane ticket and accomodations,

I would have been pissed that I wasted the money on a rental.  After a long flight like that I'd want to take a shower, change, nap...this girl just set the tone for their whole relationship, he will be jumping thru hoops non stop at her request for the rest of his life.

He must have taken a page out of Coltee's dating hand book, no flowers, no gifts upon meeting for the first time.  She was probably thinking he would shower her in gifts the second he stepped off the plane.

Jihoon's puppy!!!  OMG.  I did chuckle to myself when he did not have a car seat but he did not forget about the dog carrier.  Deavan put the baby in the crib with a blanket and bumpers, my kids are 26 and 30 so it has been a while but I thought these days there is nothing in the crib but the baby, no blankets or bumpers.  Is housing crazy expensive in SK?  She keeps saying Jihoon has to get a house, why not an apartment?  I believe that Jihoon is not interested in leaving his parents home so he does not do anything to align himself to do so, I also believe that he has not held a job for an extended length of time.  Deaven did not get to know Jihoon, know's nothing of his personality or past which is a shame since she dragged her toddler in to that mess.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, ava111 said:

she makes marriage remarks every 10 minutes. 

As you wrote that it was like you were writing our marriage vows! LOL.

I cannot imagine how exhausting it is to be in Darcey's company.  

Tom gave her a ring, she had a big fake diamond ring on when they were skyping and she said something like "see, I am wearing your ring, the ring you gave me from your heart."

Tom has fed the stray.

• LOL 13
  • Love 6