Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E13: Week 11: Finale Part 2

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, ApolloSun said:

I guess the producers got all the drama they needed by allowing viewers to bash and mock Luke's beliefs, for so long, UNRELENTINGLY, that when it came time for Jed face the music, there simply was no vitriol left for him.

Or time left to mercilessly bash him. Jed's on a Forgive Me Tour, appearing as monotone and emotionless as ever on GMA this morning. 

Meanwhile, I've quenched my thirst for Jed bashing by reading all the outraged comments on his Instagram.  It's nonstop and actually a good laugh. 

14 minutes ago, bluestocking said:

Re the bolded.  I read a tweet from Kate Coyne, editorial director at People, that seems to confirm your point--that Jed "had a big ego that needed to be validated. A lot."  Coyne also said that the meet the parents with Jed went so badly that Hannah took 3 days before telling her parents of the engagement.  Finally, People heard from a lot more ex-gfs of Jed, with text messages, etc., that they didn't include in their article but passed along to Hannah.  

The part about waiting to notify her parents is definitely true. I have a third degree of separation and had heard very early on, even before the Haley stuff and the breakup, about her parents not liking him and Hannah waiting several days to tell them about the engagement. Interestingly, the reason this person said her family didn’t like him was because they found him cocky and insincere, nothing to do with the lack of job stuff as edited. But that supports what the editor is saying, too. Nice to have what I’ve known for a long time kind of validated! 

Edited by Lsk02
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

"I guess the producers got all the drama they needed by allowing viewers to bash and mock Luke's beliefs, for so long, UNRELENTINGLY, that when it came time for Jed face the music, there simply was no vitriol left for him." For me it was that I found Luke fascinating in as a psychological study. I also think he could, potentially change. Jed is just your run of the mill self involved, delusional to his own abilities dick so I have 0 interest in anything he has to say or anything he does. I have hope for Luke. I have none for Jed.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ApolloSun said:

I guess the producers got all the drama they needed by allowing viewers to bash and mock Luke's beliefs, for so long, UNRELENTINGLY, that when it came time for Jed face the music, there simply was no vitriol left for him.

I didn't see it as mocking Luke's beliefs as much as mocking Luke himself.  He showed himself to be a liar who responded to challenges with a clenched fist and insisted he knew Hannah's thoughts ("I don't believe you have clarity") better than she did.

Sean Lowe, Ben Higgins, Emily Maynard, even Colton... they were contestants before they became the lead and their beliefs were not mocked.

• Love 6
On 7/30/2019 at 9:56 PM, truthaboutluv said:

Well so much for all those who thought Tyler was another wrong reasons guy. This dude has a nation of thirsty viewers just ready to slide in his DM, was prime for the Bachelor role and he's ready to take back a woman who fucked two other guys but not him, chose someone else instead of him and let's face it, only dumped the loser because she got smacked in the face with his cheating and lying. Tyler boo, you can do better. 

LOL. If he is indeed forgoing the chance to be The Bachelor and ignoring the legions of women who must be chasing him for HANNAH, I have to wonder what's up with him. It'd be one thing if she was dead set on Jed and only slept with him, but she slept with Peter too, and let's face it, if Shower Jesus Luke had been up for it, probably would have slept with him as well, but she gave Tyler the firm friend zone fantasy suite. There had to be a reason and if I were him, I'd wonder what it is. 

Weird finale for a weird season. Jed's attempt at rewriting history was hysterical, in the worst way. Anyone who's ever had a conversation like that with a man was cringing in sympathy. "I never verbally broke it off, it was broken off in my heart..." LOLOLOL. 

I didn't even watch the whole episodes of MTA, Finale 1 or Finale 2. I saw her dump Peter and then shut it off, then I put on Finale 2, heard Chris H say the stuff about the "cringeworthy proposal" and promptly fast-forwarded to the proposal and then straight to the drama back in the studio. I can't be bothered to sit through all the rest of the nonsense. 

There were some highlights, like Hannah chastising the crowd for clapping when she talked about ending things with Jed. The crowd was all in a "girl power, get him" mode and she was like "hey, this sucked, why are you clapping??" I know the crowd is prompted (at least I hope they're prompted to be so over the top and ridiculous), but it was still funny. 

The ending with Tyler was also kinda funny. To paraphrase, it was basically "hey, so I spent the whole season obsessed with this one guy and then he pissed me off and then I got engaged to this other, but he pissed me off too, so...hey, there. Let's just forget that I could have picked you many times and deliberately didn't, I'm alone now so...how about it?" 

I have to assume that Tyler just recognizes a good opportunity when he sees one and he comes off smelling like a rose in all this by being gracious in the moment. 

I knew it wasn't going to happen, but the evil part of me was SO hoping he'd use Hannah's own words (to Jed) back to her and be like "well, my feelings have changed, so no." But he played it smart and went out looking like the good guy, that's going to pay off for him in the end. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, thehepburn said:

Jade was not in Playboy magazine or channel. She was on the part of the Playboy WEBSITE that shows your typical hot small town girls showing the goods. She had a soft focus video where she is on a bed taking off lingerie awkwardly. THIS is what she showed Chris Farmer on the show.  She also had some photo spreads where she really was spreading her legs and showing everything. I doubt she showed THOSE to Chris.

She also had a gig as a "Chive girl" in which she walked around in skimpy outfits or lingerie on the Chive website.

If we’re talking about the same video, she was spreading her labia lips so Chris most definitely saw everything. I saw that video years ago when everyone was wondering what she was showing Chris and people dug it up.

im assuming she asked them to take it down so I doubt it’s still around 

i don’t remember a bed so it could have been a different video. It was also on the Playboy website. 

3 hours ago, ApolloSun said:

Interesting!  I did not know that.  She definitely has a strong pattern of hypocrisy.

Yes she did. It’s on Reality Steve

the producers protected her and cut that scene. I wonder why they didn’t bother protecting her during her own season

It bothers me that Hannah went back to Tyler only because Jed turned out to a loser. She didn’t learn a single thing. I agree with others, she needs to work on herself because she will always be insecure with Tyler.

Had Jed turned out to be decent, Tyler wouldn’t cross her mind.

She’s embarrassed and stubborn, so she went back to her second choice.

Im hoping Tyler ditches her once the dust settles and fans move to BIP

Edited by Kerri Johnson
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Hannah says in a People article that the relationship had already started to struggle when she found out about Haley, in part because she confessed that she was still struggling with letting Tyler go. He apparently needed lots of validation, which is interesting considering you could see he had absolutely no interest in convincing her that he loved her. He has been on social media liking posts that criticizer her and his friends posted a video of their watch party where they were bashing Hannah. He is the actual worst.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, valen said:

Hannah says in a People article that the relationship had already started to struggle when she found out about Haley, in part because she confessed that she was still struggling with letting Tyler go. He apparently needed lots of validation, which is interesting considering you could see he had absolutely no interest in convincing her that he loved her. He has been on social media liking posts that criticizer her and his friends posted a video of their watch party where they were bashing Hannah. He is the actual worst.

Yeah, he sucks, but this just sounds like spin so that Hannah doesn’t look so stupid. Too late. Everybody who watched this season (and even those who didn’t) know she was really into Luke P and Jed the whole time and the only reason she’s not with either is that they basically forced her not to stay with them. It says something about who you are when you have 30 men to choose from and you pick literally the two worst options who, throughout the entire process, gave you several red flags as to why you shouldn’t pick them but you bulldoze past all of that. I’m sorry, she’s only going back to Tyler now to ride his coattails. Of the four guys left, he was the only one she didn’t want to sleep with (again, Luke talked himself out of sex with Hannah.) 

• Love 7

I'm not buying it either because how she was with Jed was completely different with how she was with other guys, including Luke. She was giddy and in love. But of course once the cameras were off, she realised they both have nothing substantial. She is trying to spin it like Tyler is the one who got away but it might be the same thing for both of them if she chose him. They have no spark together. I didn't see Hannah have chemistry with any of the guys. Jed actually came the closest because she was giddy and girly around him.

She is trying to frame herself like Arie who actually had second thoughts and had a hard time letting Lauren go. But Arie was also willing to be "villain" just so he could have Lauren back. And he's happily married with a kid now, so it was absolutely the right move for him. Hannah would have done nothing if Jed's ex gf issue didn't pop up and they would be gracing the People's magazine cover now.

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 5

Hannah trying to rewrite history while we have clear full evidence of her lusting after luke p & jed is laughable. The way she treated Tyler the entire season is so evident from the way she treated Jed, Luke and even Peter at times.

• Love 7

Now that she is removed from the Bachelor "bubble" and she sees that America loves Tyler and everyone thinks Jed is a huge tool, all of a sudden Hannah wants to act like Tyler was the one all along.  This girl is too much!! 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, DEL901 said:

She had the text messages to support everything she said.  

boofucking hoo--she and Jed planned for him to go on this show and get as far as he could, meaning he would mislead and fool around with another woman and she had no issue with that. now that *she* is the one who feels she was misled, shes upset. I think they are both culpable and equally despicable.

1 hour ago, valen said:

so why why why did she have sex with Peter 4 times? what was the point of that, except for her own selfish needs??

• Love 3
6 hours ago, ApolloSun said:

LOL  great points!  These terms are absolutely manufactured.  They have zero meaning and I have never and will never engage with the people that make this crap up, so they can do whatever they please, without any 'side-eyes", as you call it.    It's totally ludicrous. 

Pretty soon, God forbid, someone will coin the term "pedo-shaming", since, disturbingly, there are already people trying to make this a "sexual preference".  I know, most will not believe this could ever happen ... yet,  It starts off slowly, with some very sick people trying to get their foot in the door, then all hell eventually breaks loose. The fact that NAMBLA is allowed to exist on this planet, is all we actually need to know.

Truly, those song lyrics are vile -- how can that be called music?  It's the international anthem of the skanks. LOL  Imagine if this song were put out in the 80's?  There would have been an uproar.  So, it's all happened slowly, one song at a time, one TV program, one website, one music video -- remember in the early 90's, when "baby got back" first came out?  That was a big deal back then -- and it's now deemed quite tame in comparison with the nauseating things we see in music videos today.

That song I quoted was just one song of many by different female “artists”. Nicki Minaj is the most popular. It’s all about having sex with multiple men and it’s applauded. Check out the lyrics to some of them. It’s not a good thing to teach young women, but it’s passed off as feminism. If a male lead did the same thing as Hannah and bragged about it, they would have had his head. It’s not okay to use men for sex just like it’s not okay to use women for sex unless both parties are in on the deal. Peter thought he was her F1, as did the others. We can say that’s hypothetical, but since the beginning of this show, nobody talked about the fantasy suites like Hannah did. It was kept private if they had sex (until Kaitlin) so that the others wouldn’t be disrespected. In the end, if Jed didn’t turn out to be a douche, how would he have felt knowing that the whole world knows that his fiancé gave it up to everyone she took to the fantasy suites to another guy? Even when Kaitlin had sex with Nick, she was apologetic and everyone still hated her for it. It’s about basic respect for who you finally choose at the end. Hannah did not show any respect to the other guys. If you’re going to fuck other dudes, the least you can do is not brag about it and wear it as a badge of honor.  

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

That song I quoted was just one song of many by different female “artists”. Nicki Minaj is the most popular. It’s all about having sex with multiple men and it’s applauded. Check out the lyrics to some of them. It’s not a good thing to teach young women, but it’s passed off as feminism. If a male lead did the same thing as Hannah and bragged about it, they would have had his head. It’s not okay to use men for sex just like it’s not okay to use women for sex unless both parties are in on the deal. Peter thought he was her F1, as did the others. We can say that’s hypothetical, but since the beginning of this show, nobody talked about the fantasy suites like Hannah did. It was kept private if they had sex (until Kaitlin) so that the others wouldn’t be disrespected. In the end, if Jed didn’t turn out to be a douche, how would he have felt knowing that the whole world knows that his fiancé gave it up to everyone she took to the fantasy suites to another guy? Even when Kaitlin had sex with Nick, she was apologetic and everyone still hated her for it. It’s about basic respect for who you finally choose at the end. Hannah did not show any respect to the other guys. If you’re going to fuck other dudes, the least you can do is not brag about it and wear it as a badge of honor.  

she also talks about anal sex and the like--Im not a fan of hers at all--think she is a terrible role model--Im referencing your mention of Nicky Minaj.I dont consider minaj a feminist but a disgusting person lol

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, waving feather said:

Lmao you're right. But it was hailed as romantic and fighting for her in Bachelor Nation.

Ugh, we live in a sad, sad world. lol 

They are one of my least favorite "couples" to come out of this farce. They are a couple, right? Wow, I've already forgotten most of his season but I think he ended up with her because guys love the girl they can't have. *blech* and the harder to get she played the more he wanted to get her. Are they still together? oh, wait, I don't care. haha

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, valen said:

As lead, you don't really know any of your contestants. You go based on limited information and have to really just go with your gut.  You really need self-confidence and considerable relationship experience to make a good decision.  

2 hours ago, XoxoGG said:

Hannah trying to rewrite history while we have clear full evidence of her lusting after luke p & jed is laughable. The way she treated Tyler the entire season is so evident from the way she treated Jed, Luke and even Peter at times.

Jed, by telling her about his wrong reasons for being there, became someone she thought she could trust through all of this.  He also won a lot of people over with how he handled walking in on her and Luke, appeared confident and cool, but seems he wasn't really liked that in real life.  Luke also made it clear he signed up for her.  She also probably had dated men like them before.  She admitted she had never dated a guy like Tyler.  Her exes were on her instagam and well...no Tylers.  lol   Jed and Peter are the definition of average.  Luke to me is slightly more handsome than them. None are Tyler.

I've felt bad for Hannah because the girl is clearly or was very insecure.  I do believe her when she said during filming, she couldn't believe Tyler was really into her.  That's why she never really considered him and didn't want to sleep with him.  She didn't want to end up with egg on her face, ironically.  Let's face it, Peter is cute, but not threatening (physically), so she could believe he was genuine.  She didn't realize until FS Tyler was actually interested, which is why she was crying the next morning. It was too late for them. 

Their dynamic was just like Rachel and Bryan's from two seasons ago but Rachel was older, more mature and confident.  So she chose Bryan despite questioning whether he was too good to be true.  And let go of her Jed (Peter).  JMO

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, dirtypop90 said:

You really need self-confidence and considerable relationship experience to make a good decision. 

Neither of which Hannah seems to have, which is why she crashed and burned so epically. She needs to invest in a new gut because this one led her down a dark and terrible path. haha

3 minutes ago, dirtypop90 said:

He also won a lot of people over with how he handled walking in on her and Luke

OMG! Was that him? That seems so long ago. lol Yes, Jed knows how to play a good game. I think he preyed on Hannah's need for "honesty" and her insecurity. I wonder, had Luke not been around to take all the negative attention, if Jed would have been exposed as a con artist a lot sooner. I think he really flew under the giant radar that was Luke. 

• Love 7

To me, still the most interesting season, and I'll leave it at that except to say ..well said @trapeze! I could have typed out your entire post.

Thanks for all the laughs you guys!

I'm off busy sharpening my knives for the upcoming BIP snarkfest. I can hardly wait! 🙌

• Love 2

Re: Hannah asking Tyler out for a drink:  I would wager a bet that TPTB knew she was going to do that and also knew that Tyler would say yes.  Very little on these shows is left to chance.  Remember in Juan Pablo's season that the word on the street was that, I think,  in the ATFR,  he was going to tell Nikki, his chosen and the "winner," that he loved her, which he had not stated before?  This was teased throughtout the segment and, after the show came back from commercial, Chris said, basically,---is there something you want to tell us?  And Juan Pablo said no, there was nothing he wanted to say.  Chris was PISSED!     I think the show has evolved enough that, in its own way, it's like a trial where the attorney asks a question to a witness.  He never asks anything he doesn't already know the answer to.  This show, and The Bachelor, are like that.  TPTB are not going to have anything happen on the show that hasn't been pre-approved; they are not going to be caught with their pants down again, so to speak.

Also, talking about Hannah sleeping-- or not---with her final three:   I think whatever decision she made was the correct one for her.  She had 3 men left that she in some form or fashion loved.  She at the time loved one more that the others and this is who she chose. But I think that she felt something for them all.  Hannah, for crying out loud, is now hitting on Tyler, a guy she DID NOT CHOOSE but had strong feelings for that she NOW thinks is one she should have a drink with and "catch up" with.  But isn't that how relationships go?  You are madly in love with someone until they cheat on you, or express views that they didn't express when you were first dating and now make you question why you fell for this guy anyway.  All this to say that if the bachelorette chose to sleep with all 3 guys to confirm how she felt about each of them, or to see if they had sexual compatability, or just to have a final fling before she got engaged, I think any reason she chose is her business and is a valid reason for her actions.  And again, for crying out loud, this is a DATING SHOW where the lead has 2 months to make a choice.  Anything she does to help her make the right choice is the right decision for her.   YMMV

(However, discussing it on national TV?  Maybe not the best choice.)

Also, sorry for using caps and "screaming," I get passionate about my shows  ; )

And, of course, Hannah asking Tyler out for a drink may be part of the plan to have Tyler be the next Bachelor.  Bottom line, what do I --or any of us --know what lurks in the mind(s) --or heart(s) of TPTB?  😉

Edited by rebel2u
grammar
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, dirtypop90 said:

Her exes were on her instagam and well...no Tylers.  lol   Jed and Peter are the definition of average.  Luke to me is slightly more handsome than them. None are Tyler.

Sorry to be shallow but her exes are not even Peters or Jeds or Lukes. She is used to being the "hot" one in the relationship.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, waving feather said:

Sorry to be shallow but her exes are not even Peters or Jeds or Lukes. She is used to being the "hot" one in the relationship.

I’d say she’s used to dating her equal in the looks department and she got the rare opportunity to date way above her league by being the bachelorette. Imagine her without the personal stylist, makeup artist, and hair dresser. I don’t mean to be shallow either but there’s no way she’d snag a Tyler in the real world. He got rejected by her and had a couple of months to think about how he wasn’t her first pick. Now he knows how popular he is. He’d be settling for Hannah and he knows it. Unless they fake it for money. Even Jed winced when she said she loved him at the final rose ceremony. In his mind he was like, “fuuuuuckk....” and Jed was the least attractive and probably more her speed, looks wise. However, I do think Hannah is way prettier than that last Bachelorette. That girl had man features.  

• Love 1

Looks are definitely subjective. I think Hannah and Tyler are equals in the looks department and would suit each other. Luke, I thought facially was ugly. Seriously so. I could not see how she could physically be attracted to him. Had to have been something else. But I guess others found him somewhat appealing. I thought the majority of the other guys were good looking. 

Also, while Hannah and Tyler didn't have sex in the FS they did have sex their last night together when she took him up to the bedroom. At least that's the impression we all got watching it.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Dr Mama said:

Absolutely! 

I was at the taping last night, and this is almost exactly what I said to one of the women sitting next to me after the show. 

My hoped for explanation was slightly different . . . "I was caught up in the bubble of the show and had trouble really seeing clearly while I was in the middle of it. Everyone could see how much I struggled with the decision even then, and now that I've been out of the bubble and able to reflect, I can see just how much my judgement was off while we were in the throes of filming."

Something, anything, that would have acknowledged that she made a mistake and could see that now.

But I'm also not convinced that it was all a bit of an act for both of them so that the ending was not a complete downer.

Oh guys, bubble ot not, no explanation can repair this. She wanted Jed over Tyler. Things went this way for a reason. Heart wants what it wants and Hannah was drawn to Luke and Jedd. Tyler was there! In the bubble, saying everything a girl wants to hear. She didn't feel it. Maybe it was insecurity I don't buy this story. She was so scared it was too good to be true and Jedd was "safe" while she really wanted Tyler? She didn't want him. No. 

If a guy chose some chick over when I was there putting myself on the line so much and came back ONLY when the relationship with the other person didn't work out, I wouldnt take him back. No way unless he really tried for weeks/months to prove himself again to me. Not just because he asked me out for a drink. 

Edited by Nika
  • Love 9

Re: Hannah asking Tyler out for a drink:  I would wager a bet that TPTB knew she was going to do that and also knew that Tyler would say yes.  Very little on these shows is left to chance. 

I am sure you are right.   That is why they left Tyler to the end.   Normally #2 gets a 1 on 1 with CH.  Peter got half an hour.   Tyler is well spoken and popular.   They only saved him to the end to try to make Hannah not look like a loser.   She was their “star”, after all.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Nika said:

Oh guys, bubble ot not, no explanation can repair this. She wanted Jed over Tyler. Things went this way for a reason. Heart wants what it wants and Hannah was drawn to Luke and Jedd. Tyler was there! In the bubble, saying everything a girl wants to hear. She didn't feel it. Maybe it was insecurity I don't buy this story. She was so scared it was too good to be true and Jedd was "safe" while she really wanted Tyler? She didn't want him. No. 

I don't disagree that Hannah wanted Luke and Jed because I said it all season, girl just has shit taste in men. She's that person who in a room of amazing guys, she'll gravitate towards the one loser. 

That said, I don't think her not believing in what Tyler was saying due to her own insecurities is entirely untrue. I believe it was the Fantasy Suite Date, during the day portion where in her ITM, she stated how hot and amazing Tyler was and added "and he actually wants me". She said it in such a way that made it clear she didn't believe it. 

And that insecurity lines up with her explanations about why she kept Luke as long as she did. Hannah said that she knew she wasn't the most popular choice as The Bachelorette. And so she was very nervous at the start that none of the guys would like her or be into her and would be wishing someone else had been made lead. But Luke was the one that night that fully convinced her that he truly came on the show for her. 

He apparently gifted her some present with the Psalm she mentioned to Colton on his season as being her favorite. And that's why she zeroed in on Luke so hard at the start until she realized she wasn't giving the other guys a fair chance to even try to get to know her. And then she stopped paying as much attention to him and so that's when the crazy started coming out. 

With Tyler, I said it back after Episode 3 or Episode 4 that it was clear from Hannah's body language around him that she was wary. That she likely thought he was too good looking, too confident, saying all the right things and so he was likely a player. Oh and as an aside, please remember Hannah and Tyler never spoke that first night or during his first group date. So for at least the first few days of her "journey", Tyler was just this hot guy among the other guys who she'd had little to no conversation with. 

And in Hannah's defense, how many across social media and boards on here assumed the same thing about Tyler, i.e. he's a player, fuckboi, etc. So people can't now fairly say she was so ridiculous to think this when many thought the same thing. I hate to say this because it sounds so ridiculous and "first world problems" but poor Tyler got unfairly judged for his looks.

And the same stubborness that made Hannah unable to let go of that initial connection she had with Luke until damn near the end, is the same one that made it hard for her to see past her initial assumptions about Tyler. And I think that's where her tears came from after their Fantasy Suite date because I think it's at that point she finally got it. That no, he's actually truly a decent and amazing guy. But by that point, she was too far in with Jed. All just my opinion. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 7/31/2019 at 4:10 PM, Nika said:

Seacliffsal, you are right on the money 🙂

Screenshot_20190731-220651.png

I have been in a loving and committed relationship with “my person” (tm Bachelor Nation) for 26 years, 20 of them being married. I don’t think he has ever once told me he “cherishes” me or that I “mean the world to him.” These final three guys used that terminology SO many times and it sounds so incredibly fake and forced. I don’t believe for one second any of them loved her beyond anything deeper than a superficial, surface “love.”

Edited by Bethanne
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, JKL845 said:

Looks are definitely subjective. I think Hannah and Tyler are equals in the looks department and would suit each other. Luke, I thought facially was ugly. Seriously so. I could not see how she could physically be attracted to him.

It is funny how much beauty is in the eyes of the beholder -- I thought Luke was the handsomest of the men  and I've always looked at Hannah and thought; face too round, eyes too small, mouth too big, shoulders too broad, chest too narrow.  Then there's the eyebrows. Other than that, she's okay.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Colton didn’t take no for an answer with Cassie. That pissed me off. 

To be fair, Cassie removed herself due to doubts, and Colton pursued her after that, which is very, very different than being deliberately sent away specifically because of things you said and did and then trying to come back.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 7/31/2019 at 11:28 AM, amcfar said:

Lying/cheating aside, Jed is just so dull; absolutely no personality. He doesn't really emote and seems to continually have a confused/bored look on his face at all times. Every time he speaks, he looks like he's genuinely struggling to find words to be able to string together a sentence. Also, that was the most unenthusiastic proposal ever. He could've been reading/singing the ingredient list on a cereal box and I don't think it would've been much different. Hannah, you really pictured yourself spending the rest of your life with that guy? I'm genuinely at a loss...

I don't know. I'm starting to wonder if the reason he seemed so neutral is because he was neutral. He came on the show with a girlfriend, with the sole purpose of furthering his music career. Makes sense to me that he would show only so much personality so as to keep getting picked but not so much that she would actually want him as a husband. I mean, near the end he was actively trying to sabotage himself and she still kept him around. I'm not surprised his proposal was unenthusiastic. Boy realized he dug himself into a hole he could.not.get.out.of.

On 7/31/2019 at 1:27 PM, call me ishmael said:

She got all caught up in the drama with Luke. . .

I keep seeing this and I don't understand why people keep saying she got "caught up" in the drama, like a tornado came up out of nowhere and swept her away. She wasn't a helpless victim here. She deliberately wore blinders (and ear plugs) when it came to all the warning signs around Luke. She ignored things she saw herself and she ignored what the other guys were telling her. And when she confronted Luke directly, even when she didn't like what he was saying she still kept him around. Luke's "drama" would've been over as soon as she realized after that one group date that she had a great time because he wasn't there and sent his ass packing.

On 7/31/2019 at 5:34 PM, TheFinalRose said:

I'm bummed that all the talk now is of Hannah and Tyler because it feels that Jed is getting off fairly lightly.  I want post after post eviscerating him at the same level that Luke was dissected. I want him called a narcissist, a psychopath, and a self-indulgent singer. Where is his two-hours on the hot seat for being a lying liar who lies? Seems like Jed's going to slink away into the bubble of his own supportive circle of family/friends and not really face the ire that he deserves.

Completely agree. Where are all the armchair psychologists analyzing Jed now?

On 7/31/2019 at 6:57 PM, antfitz said:

Was Jed's ex girlfriend really telling the truth? Or did she say all that stuff to get publicity for herself because she's a model?

I don't think she's lying. I do think she's in it for the publicity. She's not a model but she is a singer-songwriter and she made damn sure her band was named (and a lovely publicity shot shown as well) in the last People interview she gave. . . TWO DAYS AGO. She and Jed are cut from the same cloth and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they ended up back together again.

On 7/31/2019 at 7:06 PM, Irritable said:

Hannah was upset that Jed slept with his "NOT-girlfriend" the night before he left for the show, and that proves there's no way he could have been ready for engagement, but after that night he supposedly didn't have more contact with her, and certainly didn't sleep with her again, so let's say it's true that Jed came into things expecting not to have any feelings for Hannah but then fell in love with her after all...how is this worse than her having sex with Peter multiple times just a few days before their engagement? How does that make her more ready for engagement, but makes Jed less ready?

This x 1000! Hannah's hypocrisy and lack of self-awareness know no bounds.

On 8/1/2019 at 4:29 AM, Dr Mama said:

Something, anything, that would have acknowledged that she made a mistake and could see that now.

Hannah admitting she made a mistake? Come on now. That would mean she'd be taking responsibility for her actions and that will never happen. Everything that's ever happened to her ever, especially on this show, was because of someone else. She's the victim here. 🙄

21 hours ago, bluestocking said:

Re the bolded.  I read a tweet from Kate Coyne, editorial director at People, that seems to confirm your point--that Jed "had a big ego that needed to be validated. A lot." 

And he's different from Hannah how? 😄

1 hour ago, Bethanne said:

I have been in a loving and committed relationship with “my person" (tm Bachelor Nation)

Granted I've only been watching this franchise since Jojo's season so maybe it's been used for a while, but the first I ever heard this phrase used ("my person") was in season 1 of Grey's Anatomy, 14 years ago. I only ever started hearing it here in Rachel's season, and it irks me that the contestants on this show have adopted it as part of their language. 😄

• Love 2
12 hours ago, JKL845 said:

Looks are definitely subjective. I think Hannah and Tyler are equals in the looks department and would suit each other. Luke, I thought facially was ugly. Seriously so. I could not see how she could physically be attracted to him. Had to have been something else. But I guess others found him somewhat appealing. I thought the majority of the other guys were good looking. 

Also, while Hannah and Tyler didn't have sex in the FS they did have sex their last night together when she took him up to the bedroom. At least that's the impression we all got watching it.

Hmm I didn’t get that impression at all. I don’t think they did. LCD didn’t change anything for Hannah IMO. She knew it was too late for them when she cried after their FD. She still was planning to choose Jed and not willing to take a risk on Tyler. That’s why their reactions during her dumping him during the FRC was measured. Tyler knew it wouldn’t be him, unlike Peter at the F3 ceremony.

another reason Tyler has been supportive of her all season and is probably willing to get that drink and move to the next chapter is because she never led him on like she did the other men. 

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

I listened to Tyler on Ashley and Ben's podcast. Regardless of how anyone interprets it, he is an AWESOME guy. I am so impressed. I hope he gets what he wants, whatever that may be.

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, dirtypop90 said:

LCD didn’t change anything for Hannah IMO.

What does LCD stand for? I've seen this abbreviation before and I can't figure it out. I've also seen MTP elsewhere and don't know what that means either.

22 minutes ago, JenLily said:

What does LCD stand for? I've seen this abbreviation before and I can't figure it out. I've also seen MTP elsewhere and don't know what that means either.

The final two dates are  "Meet the Parents" (MTP) and "Last chance date" (LCD).

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, LBS said:

Last Chance Date.  (I think. I'm over 40 so not hip to the slang of today LOL)

Oh, duh, that makes total sense. Thank you!!

Just now, dirtypop90 said:

The final two dates are  "Meet the Parents" (MTP) and "Last chance date" (LCD).

Thank you! Goodness, what would I do without you all here? ❤️

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, JenLily said:

Thank you! Goodness, what would I do without you all here? ❤️

30 rock hello GIF

Me trying to be cool with the Bachelorette lingo and getting it right

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

It is funny how much beauty is in the eyes of the beholder -- I thought Luke was the handsomest of the men  and I've always looked at Hannah and thought; face too round, eyes too small, mouth too big, shoulders too broad, chest too narrow.  Then there's the eyebrows. Other than that, she's okay.

To say Luke is unattractive or ugly is just crazy talk. We don’t have to like his personality to recognize facial symmetry, clear skin, nice jawline, well proportioned features, etc. Jed has a giant forehead and skinny jaw that he’s trying to make bigger with facial hair. He’s not ugly but he’s not exactly super handsome either. I like Tyler’s looks more than Luke’s but of the four, just by looks alone, it goes Tyler, Luke, Peter, and then Jed as the weird looking stepchild. 

I think Jed and Hannah or more of a match, based on looks alone. 

Edited by Nowhere
  • Love 2

One more thing about the podcast I listened to.  I do not think Tyler has ruled out being The Bachelor. He spoke very highly of Hannah, but almost too much. I don't know. Time will tell.

Edited by nutty1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Nowhere said:

To say Luke is unattractive or ugly is just crazy talk. We don’t have to like his personality to recognize facial symmetry, clear skin, nice jawline, well proportioned features, etc. Jed has a giant forehead and skinny jaw that he’s trying to make bigger with facial hair. He’s not ugly but he’s not exactly super handsome either. I like Tyler’s looks more than Luke’s but of the four, just by looks alone, it goes Tyler, Luke, Peter, and then Jed as the weird looking stepchild. 

I think Jed and Hannah or more of a match, based on looks alone. 

Admiring yourself in the mirror again Luke? lol. I don't dislike Luke, just think he is not attractive at all. Something with his eyes and not a fan of his jawline. To each his own. You find him appealing. I won't stoop to your level and call you crazy for it.

• Love 12
40 minutes ago, JKL845 said:

Admiring yourself in the mirror again Luke? lol. I don't dislike Luke, just think he is not attractive at all. Something with his eyes and not a fan of his jawline. To each his own. You find him appealing. I won't stoop to your level and call you crazy for it.

I didn’t say I found him appealing for myself nor did I say you were crazy. I’m just pointing out traditional standards of beauty in men and facial symmetry. You may not like Luke’s face but if your friend introduced him as her new boyfriend, you wouldn’t think to yourself how ugly he is and how your friend could do so much better. You’d probably think like the rest of the world, if you’re being honest, and think he’s handsome enough for your friend to reproduce with. He’s not Sloth from The Goonies. I don’t even think Jed is ugly, just not as traditionally handsome as the rest. So, there’s no reason to twist words and get all offended. 

3 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I don’t find Luke ugly but he’s not attractive to me. 

Much of Luke’s unattractiveness has to do with his extreme beliefs and his apparent low intelligence. If he got the Tyler edit, people may see his outer beauty more than they do. 

2 minutes ago, thehepburn said:

Luke is short, especially by the Bach standard. That greatly influence ppl perception of male hotness. Studies have shown that

If I was standing next to him, possibly, but I couldn’t tell his height on TV. My partner is 5’9. My ex is 6’2. I wouldn’t go back to that for the height. Just strictly talking about Luke’s face. How tall is he? 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

Much of Luke’s unattractiveness has to do with his extreme beliefs and his apparent low intelligence. If he got the Tyler edit, people may see his outer beauty more than they do. 

If I was standing next to him, possibly, but I couldn’t tell his height on TV. My partner is 5’9. My ex is 6’2. I wouldn’t go back to that for the height. Just strictly talking about Luke’s face. How tall is he? 

I didn’t think Luke was hot even before he opened his mouth. I think Jed is flat out ugly. 

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

I didn’t say I found him appealing for myself nor did I say you were crazy. I’m just pointing out traditional standards of beauty in men and facial symmetry. You may not like Luke’s face but if your friend introduced him as her new boyfriend, you wouldn’t think to yourself how ugly he is and how your friend could do so much better. You’d probably think like the rest of the world, if you’re being honest, and think he’s handsome enough for your friend to reproduce with. He’s not Sloth from The Goonies. I don’t even think Jed is ugly, just not as traditionally handsome as the rest. So, there’s no reason to twist words and get all offended. 

I am being totally honest. And yes, I would think to myself how ugly he is. I wouldn't think she could do better because she might like him for other reasons than his looks. I don't think about looks when I see people together. Luke is just not an attractive person to me looks wise. If I met him I might find other things about him attractive though. 

• Love 5

I also do not find Luke attractive. I also don't find him symmetrical. His face is oddly slanted, and it is kind of moon like, in that it seems like his chin and forehead stick out more than the middle of his face. When the original photos came out, before I even know what he was like I didn't find him remotely appealing. I think there was one picture once where I thought he looked okay in a very generic way. That said, I can also understand why people might find him attractive. He has a "safe" look, not special in any way but passably good looking. 

I find Tyler stunning. He has a classic Hollywood look that appeals to me. 

Of course people swooned over Peter on Rachel's season and while I understand he's supposedly very attractive, he does nothing for me at all. It is fascinating how different our tastes can be. 

• Love 6