Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E13: Week 11: Finale Part 2

• Start Topic

Honestly, I couldn’t believe it when I read spoilers and found out Hannah picked Jed. I really thought it was a mistake  because not only was he the least attractive but he lacked personality and Hannah didn’t seem to pay much attention to him. He was so under the radar, I didn’t even know he was there until Reality Steve wrote that he was F1. I called it for Peter. 🤷‍♀️ My partner called it for Luke. We do a fantasy league and we’ve made up a point system. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, ApolloSun said:

Great chemistry/pheromones, etc., is why he lasted as long as he did and likely why he put up with her constant reprimands as well. That chemistry can be hard to find.

That is true. Sometime it isn't looks, personality, or anything anyone else can see that draws two people together. I do believe Luke and Hannah were drawn to each other for something other than their personalities, which didn't seem to mesh at all, or their beliefs which were only similar on the surface. There was something that made them put up with each other. lol 

I also think the blinded both of them to the painfully obvious fact that they were not actually compatible. Chemistry and compatibility don't always go hand in hand. 

I think that's why I was so fascinated with them, because from the outside looking in, they were NOT a good match, but clearly they felt something together. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, JenLily said:

I don't know. I'm starting to wonder if the reason he seemed so neutral is because he was neutral. He came on the show with a girlfriend, with the sole purpose of furthering his music career. Makes sense to me that he would show only so much personality so as to keep getting picked but not so much that she would actually want him as a husband. I mean, near the end he was actively trying to sabotage himself and she still kept him around. I'm not surprised his proposal was unenthusiastic. Boy realized he dug himself into a hole he could.not.get.out.of.

I keep seeing this and I don't understand why people keep saying she got "caught up" in the drama, like a tornado came up out of nowhere and swept her away. She wasn't a helpless victim here. She deliberately wore blinders (and ear plugs) when it came to all the warning signs around Luke. She ignored things she saw herself and she ignored what the other guys were telling her. And when she confronted Luke directly, even when she didn't like what he was saying she still kept him around. Luke's "drama" would've been over as soon as she realized after that one group date that she had a great time because he wasn't there and sent his ass packing.

Completely agree. Where are all the armchair psychologists analyzing Jed now?

I don't think she's lying. I do think she's in it for the publicity. She's not a model but she is a singer-songwriter and she made damn sure her band was named (and a lovely publicity shot shown as well) in the last People interview she gave. . . TWO DAYS AGO. She and Jed are cut from the same cloth and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they ended up back together again.

This x 1000! Hannah's hypocrisy and lack of self-awareness know no bounds.

Hannah admitting she made a mistake? Come on now. That would mean she'd be taking responsibility for her actions and that will never happen. Everything that's ever happened to her ever, especially on this show, was because of someone else. She's the victim here. 🙄

And he's different from Hannah how? 😄

Granted I've only been watching this franchise since Jojo's season so maybe it's been used for a while, but the first I ever heard this phrase used ("my person") was in season 1 of Grey's Anatomy, 14 years ago. I only ever started hearing it here in Rachel's season, and it irks me that the contestants on this show have adopted it as part of their language. 😄

Yes, it was Grey's Anatomy that foisted "my person" on us. Ugh. 

• LOL 1
39 minutes ago, ApolloSun said:

This is a little off-topic, but not sure who to ask -- this site used to be called, "Previously TV", right? 

Yes it's the same place, different name.  I'm so glad you found us!

Someone asked how tall Luke was and I think Tyler said he was 5"8" when he was making fun of him.   I love tall men, my husband is 6'4," but short guys can be very sexy when they're rock solid like Luke. I think Tyler is really handsome, too, but his mouth and chin are a little weak and I don't like the way he bites his lower lip after he say something.

I must say it's fun to pick TV people apart when they can't see me to retaliate. 😉

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

I love this conversation. I too think Luke is handsome.  Took me awhile to realize it because he has crazy eyes on the show.  But he's attractive on his ig page. .I put him second behind Tyler in her top  4.

IA she is pretty equal to Jed.

Peter looks like a boy.  He also speaks like a middle schooler (i like you like never like can believe i can't like believe this like) He does zero for me. People think he's cute now but a bachelor season would be a bust. The windmill jokes and pilot puns can only take him so far. People will not find him appealing as the bachelor. I'd bet on it.

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ApolloSun said:

Great chemistry/pheromones, etc., is why he lasted as long as he did and likely why he put up with her constant reprimands as well. That chemistry can be hard to find.

Hannah did seem swept off her feet with their chemistry. Gushing about his kisses. The flame burned hot and fast. When she was done, she was really DONE with him. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

Yes, it was Grey's Anatomy that foisted "my person" on us. Ugh. 

But it was used in a completely different context on Grey's Anatomy. Meredith and Cristina were each other's "person", i.e. best friends and platonic soulmates, not romantic partners.

• Love 2
On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 4:55 PM, nlkm9 said:

Hannah says in a People article that the relationship had already started to struggle when she found out about Haley, in part because she confessed that she was still struggling with letting Tyler go.

Did she really feel that months ago or is she saying that now because she's embarrassed at how the whole thing went? She's pretending she was always thinking about Tyler when she probably wasn't. If she wanted Tyler, why didn't she choose him?

I'll always maintain that if Jed was a good guy, she would still be happily engaged.

Her top 2 were always Jed and Luke. Tyler was a distant third.

The problem with Hannah is that she isn't clever or quick witted. She's emotional and easy to read. Hence why she was such a epic failure as Bachelorette.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, ApolloSun said:

This is a little off-topic, but not sure who to ask -- this site used to be called, "Previously TV", right?  I had not been able to find it when I wanted to see what people were saying about this show, so, I could only find this site and signed up, assuming the name changed.  But, it wouldn't let me sign in with my original username/password, so, I figured everyone had to create a new account.  When I was on the other site, I was mostly in the "Married at First Sight" threads, but only periodically and it was a while back.  This forum seems to have the same exact set-up ... but not sure, since I noticed some of you have been on here a very long time.  Hmmm....

Yes. But when it changed over, our profiles carried over and it was “business as usual.” 

2 hours ago, Kerri Johnson said:

Did she really feel that months ago or is she saying that now because she's embarrassed at how the whole thing went? She's pretending she was always thinking about Tyler when she probably wasn't. If she wanted Tyler, why didn't she choose him?

I'll always maintain that if Jed was a good guy, she would still be happily engaged.

The problem with Hannah is that she isn't clever or quick witted. She's emotional and easy to read. Hence why she was such a epic failure as Bachelorette.

She's just rewriting history. We all saw who she liked vs who she REALLY liked. It was always Jed/Luke in 1st place and then Peter coming into that week until Tyler blew her away in the FS. That's when she really started to take Tyler seriously. It was too late though. I do believe she did like Tyler a lot but put up a wall. So I think she started having intense feelings for him again when she watched the show back and saw how he always stood up for her plus America going crazy over him. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Kerri Johnson said:

Hannah just isn’t good at speed dating. She started out by putting the guys who were her typical type well at the front like Luke and Jed and Garett. In the beginning of filming season, it was said those were the ones she was really excited about and Tyler was mentioned as a guy she was attracted to but thought he was a player. I believe Ashley I said she visited her at the start of filming, and they joked about Tyler looking like a f*ckboi.  So those three had a head start with Tyler just being a guy she thought was hot but she never planned to take seriously. She eventually figured out Garett and Luke weren’t her guys while filming and maybe also would’ve figured that out with Jed with more time. Tyler had been put in a too hot, player, not my type box early. I don’t think they even spoke the first night or had solo time the second week on the group date. 

IMO, if you sign up for a show like this, you need to be open to all possibilities. It was clear Hannah came on this show for a traditionally southern man in the same vain of the ones she had previously dated. I get it. There’s comfort in familiarity. But why are you on this show if you want to date guys like the ones you’ve dated in the past. Go back home and get one. JMO

She mentioned on a podcast that she had never dated anyone like Tyler and followed up with “and that’s probably why they didn’t work out.” If nothing else, I hope her taste in men have improved in all this.  The fact that she actually got engaged to Jed, a guy who showed little emotion for her, even on engagement day, with bad body language throughout the show, who’s family was rude to her face and told her they didn’t see it working, and whom made clear she wouldn’t be a priority because he was still chasing his dreams, shows her sense of self worth just wasn’t very high. That’s really all she thought she deserved. I’m not a huge fan, but she should want better for herself than she did when filming this show.

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, dirtypop90 said:

She eventually figured out Garett and Luke weren’t her guys while filming and maybe also would’ve figured that out with Jed with more time. 

Haha. Sherlock Hannah didn’t so much “figure out” Luke and Jed so much as she had it forced down her throat that these are not good people and she can’t be with them. I don’t feel sorry for Hannah at all. If she wants to go on a podcast and joke with Ashley about Tyler being a fuckboy when she doesn’t know him then she deserves what she gets. Dating sucks. And the main reason it sucks is because people are superficial and judgmental when they first meet someone and then let those first reactions dictate their feelings moving forward. I think you’re right about what Hannah’s motivations were coming into this show. She probably was too young and immature to be cast as the lead. 

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, dirtypop90 said:

Hannah just isn’t good at speed dating. She started out by putting the guys who were her typical type well at the front like Luke and Jed and Garett. In the beginning of filming season, it was said those were the ones she was really excited about and Tyler was mentioned as a guy she was attracted to but thought he was a player. I believe Ashley I said she visited her at the start of filming, and they joked about Tyler looking like a f*ckboi.  So those three had a head start with Tyler just being a guy she thought was hot but she never planned to take seriously. She eventually figured out Garett and Luke weren’t her guys while filming and maybe also would’ve figured that out with Jed with more time. Tyler had been put in a too hot, player, not my type box early. I don’t think they even spoke the first night or had solo time the second week on the group date. 

IMO, if you sign up for a show like this, you need to be open to all possibilities. It was clear Hannah came on this show for a traditionally southern man in the same vain of the ones she had previously dated. I get it. There’s comfort in familiarity. But why are you on this show if you want to date guys like the ones you’ve dated in the past. Go back home and get one. JMO

She mentioned on a podcast that she had never dated anyone like Tyler and followed up with “and that’s probably why they didn’t work out.” If nothing else, I hope her taste in men have improved in all this.  The fact that she actually got engaged to Jed, a guy who showed little emotion for her, even on engagement day, with bad body language throughout the show, who’s family was rude to her face and told her they didn’t see it working, and whom made clear she wouldn’t be a priority because he was still chasing his dreams, shows her sense of self worth just wasn’t very high. That’s really all she thought she deserved. I’m not a huge fan, but she should want better for herself than she did when filming this show.

I agree completely. I guess we've all seen the news yesterday that Tyler spent the night at Hannah's place in Los Angeles, so that's all we need to know at this point. It does bring him down a few pegs as far as I'm concerned, but my concerns don't matter if that is what Tyler has chosen. I was hoping he'd be the Bachelor though, just to watch 25 women melt into puddles. 

Technically Tyler is a Southern boy, too, although cities like Jupiter do have a different vibe or culture than small town Alabama. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, XoxoGG said:

until Tyler blew her away in the FS. That's when she really started to take Tyler seriously. It was too late though

I keep seeing this. Why was it too late? She still could have picked him. 

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, sistersledge said:

And basically the end result is now the same as if she did pick him. Since it's really just a dating show to see who the lead wants to continue a relationship with. They date until they break up or end up married. They've gone on a date and will end things or continue on. Not much difference. Less appearances and expectations I guess. Probably end sooner than if they had been "engaged" on the show.

• Love 1

I have this vague memory that, long, long ago, on both The Bachelor and Bachelorette, once a contestant was sent home, they weren't "allowed" to see the lead again; once sent home, that was it as far as any contact with the lead ever again.  Of course, this was long before any social media.  Does anyone remember that or am I (once again) confused.  

1 hour ago, sistersledge said:

Because her relationship with Jed was more advanced. Do you choose the guy you started trusting a week ago or the one you’ve trusted for weeks? She was already comfortable with Jed. Jed was already slotted for F1 before hometowns IMO. She wasn’t going to change in the last hr.

not that any of this matters. She wouldn’t have worked with Tyler either if she chose him and won’t work now. Girl wants him now because the whole world does. She will be on to the next when the hype for him wears down. She’s no where near ready to settle down. IMO

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Love 3

My thought on Jed: 

Jed wanted to further his music career.  I agree with others that he seemed pretty NEUTRAL towards Hannah - very disconnected, distant.   SO - MAYBE -  once he kept getting roses, and then realized he was in the final three, his plan to advance his music career went as follows: 

Play till the end, but don't get too connected, don't be open, keep some distance, and hope like hell you got to F2 or F3.   Bring your guitar, be the guy who proposes in SONG and then gets rejected.    Play on the heartbreak - isn't this the makings of a great country song?  Proposing to a girl who says NO, she lovies someone else?   

Way to boost your singing career!  be the heart-broken, country-singing, rejected guy who loved someone who didn't love him back.  Who needs dog food jingles when you can write a song about heartache that "all of America"  watched?   

Only Hannah fucked it up by saying yes instead of no to the proposal. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, nutty1 said:

Not convinced it was a true date. But I’m ok with him not being with Hannah. 

The main thing convincing me this wasn't an actual date and the two were simply talking and hanging out at the same place is Tyler's wearing the same outfit he was seen in earlier in the day, goofing off with his friends. Now I'm sorry but I would think (and hope) that Tyler would make a little more effort than that for date. And on the shallow end, especially when that date is with someone as famous and beautiful as Gigi Hadid. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 8/3/2019 at 12:43 AM, chocolatine said:

But it was used in a completely different context on Grey's Anatomy. Meredith and Cristina were each other's "person", i.e. best friends and platonic soulmates, not romantic partners.

Yeah, that's why it annoys me that the phrase is being used here. This franchise bastardized the deeper meaning Grey's attributed to it.

On 8/3/2019 at 8:37 AM, XoxoGG said:

She's just rewriting history. . . So I think she started having intense feelings for him again when she watched the show back and saw how he always stood up for her plus America going crazy over him. 

On 8/3/2019 at 7:44 PM, dirtypop90 said:

Girl wants him now because the whole world does.

The only thing Hannah's ever cared about is what other people think. First she was obsessed with making the guys tolerate Luke because she liked him, then she was furious that her family didn't like Jed because she liked him. Now she's coming from the other direction: she sees how much everyone loves Tyler so she's decided she likes him. She needs to spend some time alone before even attempting another relationship. Date around, screw around, whatever. Just figure out what you want before dragging some poor sap into your fucked up orbit.

• Love 11
On 8/3/2019 at 8:29 PM, rebel2u said:

I have this vague memory that, long, long ago, on both The Bachelor and Bachelorette, once a contestant was sent home, they weren't "allowed" to see the lead again; once sent home, that was it as far as any contact with the lead ever again.  Of course, this was long before any social media.  Does anyone remember that or am I (once again) confused.  

yes so many things are different now. anyone remember the helene and aaron burge break up show. omg

I still do not understand why she had sex with Peter so many times-I mean if it was bad, that would be that, right? but 4 times? I think if it was guy doing that to a woman and dumping them, there would be a lot more outrage. and no Hannah, Jed did "not take your journey away" you took it away from yourself. Puh-Lease lol

• Love 2
On 8/4/2019 at 11:42 AM, tinkerbell said:

My thought on Jed: 

Jed wanted to further his music career.  I agree with others that he seemed pretty NEUTRAL towards Hannah - very disconnected, distant.   SO - MAYBE -  once he kept getting roses, and then realized he was in the final three, his plan to advance his music career went as follows: 

Play till the end, but don't get too connected, don't be open, keep some distance, and hope like hell you got to F2 or F3.   Bring your guitar, be the guy who proposes in SONG and then gets rejected.    Play on the heartbreak - isn't this the makings of a great country song?  Proposing to a girl who says NO, she lovies someone else?   

Way to boost your singing career!  be the heart-broken, country-singing, rejected guy who loved someone who didn't love him back.  Who needs dog food jingles when you can write a song about heartache that "all of America"  watched?   

Only Hannah fucked it up by saying yes instead of no to the proposal. 

he had so many chances to bow out before final 3, particularly the nite she allowed Luke back. he is so stupid!!

• Love 1

I think, as the show went along Jed decided that Hannah wasn't the worst person to hitch his wagon to and that maybe he would do much better with her than with his other not going to get tons of TV press girlfriend and switched horse mid race. Unfortunately for him, the shit hit the fan and he ended up on his ass. I don't think, towards the end, he still wanted out of the fake engagement because he saw more career opportunity if he and Hannah did the Engagement Tour than if he opted out, breaking the bachelorette's heart and becoming the bad guy. I think he did not think his GF was going to out him and make him look even worse. That's my story and I'm sticking to it because it is just too good a story of karma biting someone in the ass to let it go. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

I still do not understand why she had sex with Peter so many times-I mean if it was bad, that would be that, right? but 4 times?

I keep seeing this assumption that sex with Peter must have been bad or else he would have been F1, but I don't see why that had to be the case. I've dated a few men in my 20s where the attraction was more physical than emotional and we both knew that we wouldn't end up together, but the sex was great and we enjoyed it for what it was. That's probably how it was for Hannah and Peter as well.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

I keep seeing this assumption that sex with Peter must have been bad or else he would have been F1, but I don't see why that had to be the case. I've dated a few men in my 20s where the attraction was more physical than emotional and we both knew that we wouldn't end up together, but the sex was great and we enjoyed it for what it was. That's probably how it was for Hannah and Peter as well.

Plus, this is Hannah we’re talking about. She’s not the brightest of bulbs. None of what she does makes sense. Turn down sex with Tyler. Do it 4 times with Peter. Try to have sex with a wacko who uses his religion as a weapon. Then pick the guy that everyone (including him) warned you about (I take telling Hannah that he came on the show to promote his music career as a huge warning that she just ignored). 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

The sex four times thing reminds me of one of Richard Pryor's routines where he says he doesn't get it when guys brag that, "she was begging for more."  Richard was saying if it's done right she's satisfied and tired when it's over so the guys should be bragging, "I put her ass to sleep, I'm macho man!"

• LOL 1
  • Love 7